Bacteria such as E. coli or Pseudomonas can cause a urinary tract infection (UTI). The incubation period for a UTI ranges from three to eight days. Read more: Is a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Contagious? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
How would you know if you had urinary tract infection (UTI)? Take the Urinary Tract Infection in Adult Quiz to learn the causes,...
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
Understand urinary tract infection (UTI) through pictures. Our experts describe urinary tract infection symptoms like pelvic...
Bladder Infections: UTI Causes, Symptoms, Treatments
Urinary tract infections (UTI), including bladder infections, affect women and men, causing UTI symptoms like kidney infection....
Related Disease Conditions
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of the bladder, kidneys, ureters, or urethra. E. coli, a type of bacteria that...
Pinworms (Infection in Children and Adults, Enterobiasis)
Pinworm infection is an intestinal infection caused by a pinworm, seatworm, or threadworm. Female pinworms leave the intestine...
Type 1 Diabetes (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment
Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) usually is caused from bacteria that have spread from the bladder from a UTI (urinary tract...
Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in children. Symptoms and signs include fever and abdominal pain. Associated...
Is E. coli Contagious? (Symptoms and Cure)
E. coli is an infection found worldwide. There are several subtypes of the E. coli species. E. coli is transmitted from...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes is a disease where your body does not make enough insulin or does not use insulin correctly, and you blood sugar...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- nitrofurantoin (Macrodantin, Furadantin, Macrobid)
- cefpodoxime proxetil (Vantin, Banan) for Infections
- Penicillin (Antibiotics)
- levofloxacin (Levaquin) Side Effects and Adverse Effects
- Cipro vs. Flagyl (Differences between Side Effects and Uses)
- Cipro vs. Levaquin: Differences Between Side Effects, Uses, and Strength
- Amoxicillin vs. Augmentin (Comparison of Side Effects and Antibiotic Uses)
- Cipro, XR (ciprofloxacin) vs. Keflex (cephalexin)
- Cefdinir vs. cefixime (Suprax) 3rd Generation Antibiotics
- Bactrim vs. Cefdinir
Prevention & Wellness
- Drinking Enough Water Could Be Key to Avoiding UTIs
- Health Tip: Recognize Signs of a Urinary Tract Infection
- Dangerous Urinary Tract Infections Common in Nursing Homes
- Program Cut Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Antibiotic Resistance Common in Kids' Urinary Tract Infections
- Cranberry Juice for Urinary Tract Infection?
- Health Tip: Spotting Signs of Urinary Tract Infection
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Urinary Tract Infections Among Children
- Childhood Urinary Tract Infection May Bring Lasting Harm to Kidneys
- Urinary Tract Infection Often Puts Older Men in Hospital
- How Estrogen May Help Prevent Urinary Tract Infections After Menopause
- Can You Skip Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection?
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Can Cranberries Fight Urinary Tract Infections?
- Cranberries Combat Urinary Tract Infections
- Study Ties Genes to Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms, Prostate Cancer Risk
- Germs Behind Urinary Tract Infections Becoming More Resistant to Drugs
- E. Coli in Chicken Linked to Urinary Tract Infections
- New Clues to Stubborn Urinary Tract Infections
- Health Tip: Symptoms That May Indicate a Urinary Tract Infection
- Foodborne E. Coli Suspected in Urinary Tract Infections
- Health Tip: What Causes Urinary Tract Infections in Women?
- Hospitals Score Poorly on Preventing Urinary Tract Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection May Raise Birth Defect Risk
- Health Tip: Avoid Urinary Tract Infections