- Does It Work?
- Is It a Diet Plan?
- Expected Weight Loss Amount
- Workout DVDs
- Healthy Fats
- Foods to Eat
- Foods to Avoid
- Is It Healthy?
Although the 21-Day Fix may help you lose weight, it is not advisable due to various reasons. To lose weight and keep it off, it is better to follow a sustainable healthy dietary approach with regular exercise.
According to the 21-Day Fix, people can lose up to 15 lbs in 21 days. Weight loss is possible by portioning foods into color-coded containers and exercising but probably not to the extent promised. Experts dislike the short-term focus and believe it may be too restrictive for some.
Can the 21-Day Fix help you lose weight?
When you implement the food and activity components of the plan, 21-Day Fix can assist you in losing weight safely.
The approach hasn't been scientifically tested for effectiveness, but its fundamental ideas are based on well-respected theories about diet and weight loss, such as:
- Eating within a calorie deficit
- Portion control
- Focusing on home-cooked meals
- Filling up on fiber and protein-rich foods
- Choosing healthy carbohydrate sources
- Replacing unhealthy fats, refined carbohydrates, and sugary foods
- Daily physical activity
- Combining cardiovascular and weight-training exercises to burn fat and build lean muscle
- Tracking progress
Portion control, learning to cook your food, and choosing protein and fiber-rich foods over fast food, fried foods, and sweets are all important for long-term weight loss regardless of the program you use.
Eating fewer calories and getting regular exercise are tried-and-true methods for losing weight and keeping it off.
What is the 21-Day Fix eating plan?
It is a diet plan from the company Beachbody where you don't have to worry about measuring cups, ounces, or calories.
You get seven color-coded containers that are different sizes for measuring, including:
- Green container: Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and even pico de gallo
- Purple container: Fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, mango, and banana
- Red container: Proteins such as chicken breast, salmon, eggs, and tempeh
- Yellow container: Carbohydrates such as sweet potato, brown rice, tortillas, whole wheat bread, and wine
- Blue container: Healthy fats such as avocado, cheddar cheese, and cashews
- Orange container: Seeds and dressings such as pine nuts, cashews, cheddar, and mozzarella
- Teaspoons: Oils and butter such as peanut butter, olive oil, and mayonnaise (quantity depends on calorie requirements)
Lastly, the containers come with lids, so feel free to use them as storage or simply as a tool for portion control. The person’s calorie needs are calculated, and accordingly, they are given a diet plan.
Despite being urged to drink lots of water, you are still allowed to consume coffee and tea.
There's room for treats such as wine, oatmeal cookies, trail mix, and chocolate, recommended serving size for wine is four ounces or two sips.
How much weight can you expect to lose?
A study reports that a single 21-Day Fix round lasting three weeks can help participants lose up to 15 lbs.
This may be a high estimate that by no means applies to men and women of all body types, ages, and fitness levels.
Most people consider a weight loss of 1 to 3 lbs each week to be safe and reasonable.
Be mindful of the program's duration. After 21 days, you'll gain back any weight you lost if you stop working out and start eating more.
The only method to lose weight continuously and permanently is to keep working out and eating in a calorie deficit until you reach your target weight.
The 21-Day Fix's two guiding concepts of eating in a caloric deficit and increasing calorie expenditure through exercise are tried-and-true weight-loss methods. If you don't keep up with your new behaviors after 21 days, the weight reduction from the program is unlikely to stay off.
21-Day Fix workout DVDs
The 21-day fix workout DVDs include a few extra benefits, such as Autumn's go-to three-day diet plan for weight loss before a competition or picture shoot. The Plyo Fix workout DVD, which is challenging but wonderful, is included in the package.
- Total Body Cardio Fix: Consists of exercises that keep your heart rate up and your muscles active
- Upper Fix: Specific resistance exercise helps shape your chest, back, shoulders, arms, and abs
- Lower Fix: Burns calories and firms and tones the entire lower body (glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves)
- Pilates Fix: Firms your hips and thighs while strengthening your core and lengthening your muscles
- Cardio fix: Jumping jacks and burpees are just a couple of bodyweight exercises in the Cardio Fix program that will get your heart rate up and your muscles going
- Dirty 30: Four rounds and eight exercises make up a dirty 30
- Yoga Fix: An active relaxation exercise that helps build strength, flexibility, and balance
- Migraines May Follow Daily Circadian Cycles, Study Shows
- Report Finds Big Rise in U.S. Carbon Monoxide Deaths
- Could COVID in Pregnancy Raise Odds for Obese Kids?
- AHA News: Explaining Cardiovascular Risk Disparities Among Young People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Pets Could Help Prevent Food Allergies in Kids
- More Health News »
The serving size is one-third cup, and the plan limits this group to one serving each day, regardless of the calorie target.
- Two to six teaspoons of nut butter and oils are permitted daily.
- For all calorie ranges, one two-tablespoon serving of salad dressing is acceptable.
- Salad dressing recipes that adhere to the 21-Day Fix's standards are included.
Fats considered healthy in the 21-day Fix workout include:
- Nut butter
- Salad dressing
What can you eat?
Three meals and three snacks each day, made up of the number of servings specified by your daily calorie needs, are required by the 21-Day Fix diet. Portion sizes, however, are relatively modest, so some people might discover that they aren't getting enough daily calories, even for just the 21 days of the regimen.
Veggies and fruits
The 21-Day Fix encourages eating a lot of whole fruits and veggies, just like all other research programs. One cup is one serving. You will have three to six servings of vegetables and two to four servings of fruit per day, depending on your calorie needs.
What can you not eat?
Avoid eating things that are not considered "whole foods" while following the 21-Day Fix.
- Refined carbohydrates: White bread, white pasta, crackers, and cereal
- Sugars and sweeteners: Candy, sweets, baked goods, and artificial sweeteners
- Processed and fried foods: Deli meat, packaged snacks, bacon, sausage, hot dogs, potato chips, and deep-fried foods
- Alcohol: Beer, wine, and spirits
Is the 21-Day Fix a healthy choice for you?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends a daily calorie intake of 1,600 to 2,000 calories for weight loss, depending on age, gender, weight, and activity level. However, the 21-Day Fix calorie-target equation does not consider age, gender, or weight, so their recommended number may be incorrect for you.
You might have better luck with this tool, which includes these variables. Calorie counting is still recommended by nutritionists for successful weight loss and long-term weight management.
According to research and experts, the 21-Day Fix plan can certainly assist some people in losing at least a fraction of their excess weight by adhering to the stringent regimen, but it cannot be used as a long-term plan unless someone is extremely disciplined and willing to do so. It does not meet the criteria for long-term weight loss regimens.
In these conditions, it is preferable to look for long-term programs that are more flexible in terms of exercise and diet rather than choosing any short-term strategy.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Effects of Time-Restricted Eating on Weight Loss and Other Metabolic Parameters in Women and Men with Overweight and Obesity: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7522780/
21-Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan: https://www.newhealthadvisor.org/21-day-fix-extreme-meal-plan.html
21-Day Fix Review – Beginner-Friendly & Easy To Follow: https://www.fitnessrocks.org/21-day-fix-review/
Top Is a 21-Day Fix Good for Weight Loss Related Articles
Diet Pills, Weight Loss Drugs, SuppressantsMaintaining a healthy weight is important because being overweight or underweight may lead to various health issues. Body mass index or BMI is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by the square of their height in meters.
Beat Belly FatCould your job be to blame for your belly fat? It might be, if it stresses you out. But there are a number of ways to get rid of it.
Diet & Weight Loss: Reasons You're Not Losing Belly FatIf you're trying to lose belly fat but can't, there's probably a reason.
FastingFasting: It's simple and trending, though it's been around for thousands of years. Find out whether it might be a good option for you, and what the risks and benefits are.
Is Coconut Milk Good for Weight Loss?Coconut milk is a milky white fluid that is extracted from the flesh of mature coconuts. It has a slightly sweet and nutty taste that is liked by many. Coconut milk is one of the most preferred non-dairy milk substitutes, such as soy milk and almond milk.
Is Peanut Butter Good for Weight Loss?Peanut butter is considered quite healthy due to its good fats, antioxidants, and protein content; however, it must be consumed in the right quantity and way to aid weight loss.
Obesity and OverweightGet the facts on obesity and being overweight, including the health risks, causes, reviews of weight-loss diet plans, BMI chart, symptoms, causes, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, and medications.
The 10 Best Diet Plans For Weight LossDiet means a reduction in calorie intake. For the optimal management of overweight and obese patients, a combination of diet, exercise, and behavioral modifications may be helpful. Weight loss is directly related to the difference between the individual’s energy intake and energy expenditure.
Weight Loss QuizAre you trying to lose weight? Take this quiz to see what you can add to routine to get on the right track for results!
Weight Loss: Tips to Lose 100 Pounds or MoreThese lifestyle changes -- suggested by experts and real people who've lost the weight -- can help you stay on the path toward a healthier body and a happier you. Find out for yourself with this WebMD slideshow.
What Are the Most Effective Tips in Weight Loss?If you want to lose weight, you may have been told to count calories. The most effective tips for weight loss include eating well, exercising regularly, and altering your lifestyle to achieve your goals.
What Is the Best Weight Loss Plan for Seniors?Persistent goals and making small adjustments in lifestyle and diet are the best weight loss plans for seniors.
What Should I Ask My Doctor About Weight Loss?With changes in lifestyle and standards of living, obesity is emerging as a pandemic. A higher than normal body weight puts you at risk of various diseases. Learn the 11 questions you should ask your doctor if you are planning to lose weight.