Patient Comments: Iritis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your iritis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mike, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 18

I first had iritis in 1970, then in 1979, again in 1997, and now twice this year (2018), last January and now in December. I am in perfect health, no bad habits and have none of the associated medical problems noted in the various websites. It always clears up with prednisolone. Another unsolved medical mystery.

Comment from: peace, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I am sensitive to light but it is a very different pain from my corneal ulcer. Iritis is more like stubbing pain, painful touching my eye ball, and looking toward some positions, red which looks like blood, in some spots. It is swollen mostly early morning and sharp pain like headache only above my right eye, which gets better after I put my eye drop which is neomycin, 4 times day for a week.

Comment from: Tezza, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I lost my sight in both eyes for three months with acute iritis when I was 17 years of age in 1962, the treatment for this condition appears to be the same today by using steroids and a substitute for atropine. I am now 69 years old, still driving and have an eye test twice a year. I just replaced my spectacles but still have my sight.

Comment from: HFBWWI, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I can't imagine after more than 30 years myself suffering from iritis, to believe that no one has found a cure yet. For the sake of my kids and future generation, I fear it is going to turn into the same path as cancer where millions of dollars will be pumped in the medical field where these doctors sit and do nothing. Last valid yet only a guess was found in 2014 where somehow it was linked to sclerosis, really! Really tired of this.

Comment from: IndyGirl55, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I have lived with iritis for over 15 years now. I"ve had to get steroid injections in my eyes several times. Some years are better than others but I wouldn"t wish this on my worst enemy.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter