Patient Comments: Interstitial Lung Disease - Treatment

What treatments were helpful with interstitial lung disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: napoletano, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 10

I was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease 1 year ago. I was on oxygen 3 liters. I am on a therapy of prednisone and CellCept. I no longer use oxygen, and the fibrosis has not progressed as of my last CT scan. I can exercise and got my life back to a point. Do not lose hope; eat right, be active and have faith.

Comment from: CB, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

My uncle was 98 years old and in good health. He walked without a cane or walker and had few health issues. Two weeks ago he had fatigue and shortness of breath. I took him to the emergency room and he was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. He was in the hospital 8 days on 6 to 12 liters of oxygen, took antibiotics, prednisone, and the disease progressed to where the lung doctors sent him to hospice. In the VA (Veteran's Affairs) hospice, he was fed narcotics and taken off his regular medications. He lasted only 5 days in this environment. There is no cure or stopping this interstitial lung disease. It came on fast and put him down fast.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter