Patient Comments: Interstitial Lung Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you or someone you know experience with interstitial lung disease?

Comment from: Sweta, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 12

I came to know about interstitial lung disease 2 years back when an annual checkup revealed it. The patient since then has deteriorated. She feels very tired and fatigued, otherwise a very active lady. Mornings are bad bouts of dry cough, breathlessness and overall she feels very low.

Comment from: sonicnick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 15

I was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease in 2003. I've been taking prednisone and using an albuterol/Mucomyst mixture in a nebulizer since then. I've had doctors tell me most patients die within 3 to 4 years so I guess I've been lucky to live this long. The disease gets worse and I'm using 6 ml of oxygen 24/7. I'm having a hard time even moving around the house now as it's much harder to breathe with any activity. My current doctor says nothing else can be done, but I'm still looking for options.

Comment from: Susan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I started out with a cough that lasted for months. After a while I would get so exhausted. I was at the doctor's office and she checked my oxygen. It kept dropping. They did a CAT scan and saw what looks like broken glass at the bottom of my lung. Diagnosed with interstitial lung disease I was put on steroids for ten months. I was also put on oxygen. I still have a bit of a cough mostly in the morning. I'm still on the oxygen. My numbers go down when I get up and move around.

Comment from: jes, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

I just got diagnosed with interstitial lung disease and I'm on oxygen 24/7.

Interstitial Lung Disease - Experience Question: Please share your experience with interstitial lung disease.
Interstitial Lung Disease - Treatment Question: What treatments were helpful with interstitial lung disease?