Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep; waking up too early in the morning; or unrefreshing sleep. Secondary insomnia is the most common type of insomnia. Treatment for insomnia include lifestyle changes, cognitive behavioral therapy, and medication. Read more: Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Thyroid Problems Explained
Learn about thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid cancer, and more. Discover symptoms and treatments...
Stages of Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester Images
See pictures on the various stages of pregnancy. See and learn what changes a woman's body goes through and view fetal images of...
Hyperthyroidism Symptoms and Treatment
What is hyperthyroidism? Hyperthyroidism occurs when an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid...
20 Tips to Beat Insomnia and Sleep Better
Good sleep hygiene leads to better sleep. Avoid insomnia and sleep better by minimizing stress, exercising, and taking proper...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can occur at any age for men or women. Learn more about the causes of chronic fatigue syndrome...
Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, and More
Learn about the different types of sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea. Explore the symptoms, causes, tests and...
Insomnia Quiz: What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia affects all age groups, and is the most common sleep disorder in the world. There also seems to be a link between...
Sleep Quiz: Sleep Hygiene & Sleep Facts
Take our Sleeping Quiz to learn which sleep disorders, causes, and symptoms rule the night. Trouble falling or staying asleep?...
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Foods That Help or Harm Your Sleep With Pictures
Could a good night's sleep come down to your diet? Discover which foods stop sleep and which foods promote restful slumber....
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
Restless legs syndrome treatment includes natural remedies that you can implement at home. Use exercise, sleep hygiene, and...
Bipolar Disorder: Symptoms, Testing for Bipolar Depression
Bipolar disorder (once called manic depression) causes extreme mood shifts and can be disorienting. Our experts define bipolar...
Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Depression can cause physical problems such as insomnia, chest pain, fatigue, headaches, and more. Learn the signs of depression...
Sleep Better, Conquer Insomnia
What is insomnia? Are you an insomniac? Learn 10 tips on how to get a good night's sleep and avoid sleep disorders such as...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Jobs That May Ruin Your Sleep
Some jobs can lead to sleep problems like insomnia, especially for graveyard and other shift work. Learn how work can disrupt...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Related Disease Conditions
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Pinworm infection is an intestinal infection caused by a pinworm, seatworm, or threadworm. Female pinworms leave the intestine...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Restless Leg Syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Hyperthyroidism is an excess of thyroid hormone resulting from an overactive thyroid gland. Symptoms can include increased...
GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a condition in which the acidified liquid contents of the stomach backs up into the...
Jet lag (desynchonosis) is a temporary disorder that results from travel across time zones. Symptoms include anxiety,...
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
West Nile Virus
West Nile virus (West Nile encephalitis) is a brain infection caused by a virus. People become infected with the virus after...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome is muscle pain in the body's soft tissues due to injury or strain. Symptoms include muscle pain with...
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is considered a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMDD has also been referred to...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Hypersomnia is a condition where a person has excessive daytime sleepiness and trouble staying awake during the day. Treatment...
Cupping is a type of traditional Chinese medicine that stimulates the flow of chi (qi, or energy) within the body. There are a...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
There are many types of urinary incontinence (UI), which is the accidental leakage of urine. These types include stress...
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Second Source article from Government...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms...
Insomnia Treatment (Sleep Aids and Stimulants)
Insomnia is difficulty in falling or staying asleep, the absence of restful sleep, or poor quality of sleep. Insomnia is a...
Ecstasy (MDMA), Rohypnol, ketamine and GHB are a few of the different types of drugs abused at bars, raves and parties. Rohypnol...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
When sleepiness interferes with daily routines and activities, or reduces the ability to function, it is called "problem...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) is a sleep disorder characterized by rhythmic movements of the limbs during sleep. The...
Nightmares are dreams that cause high anxiety or terror. Nightmares may be a part of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
Sleep-related breathing disorders are characterized by disruptions of normal breathing patterns that only occur during sleep....
Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)
Medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is a medicine that is plant based. There are two species of medical marijuana; 1) Cannabis...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Insomnia - Treatment
What treatments were effective with your case of insomnia?Post View 18 Comments
Insomnia - Experience
Please describe your experience with insomnia.Post View 6 Comments
Insomnia - Causes
What caused your insomnia?Post View 4 Comments
Insomnia - Sleep Hygiene
Describe the types of sleep hygiene you practice to treat insomnia. What works for you?Post View 1 Comment
Insomnia - Medications
What medications have you taken to relieve your case of insomnia? Please relate your experience.Post View 3 Comments
Insomnia - Symptoms
What symptoms have you experienced with insomnia?Post
Insomnia - Non-Medical Treatments
What non-medical treatments have been effective for insomnia?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Sleep Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Sleep FAQs
- Caffeine FAQs
- Insomnia FAQs
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Changing the Way We Think and React
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Travel Medicine Kit
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Chloral Hydrate Uses and Risks
- 10 Tips to Avoid Insomnia and Get a Good Night's Sleep
- PMS vs. PMDD - Whats' the Difference?
- Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
- Benzodiazepines (Benzodiazepine Drug Class)
- trazodone, Desyrel (discontinued brand)
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Antihistamines (Oral)
- diazepam (Valium, Diastat, Acudial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- diphenhydramine, Benadryl
- Ativan (lorazepam) vs. Valium (diazepam)
- Drug Interactions
- temazepam, Restoril
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- doxepin (Sinequan and Adapin are discontinued brand in the US; Silenor)
- Ativan vs. Xanax
- zolpidem (Ambien, Ambien CR, Zolpimist, Edluar, [Tovalt ODT has been discontinued])
- eszopiclone, Lunesta
- triazolam, Halcion
- zaleplon, Sonata
- ramelteon, Rozerem
- Belsomra (suvorexant)
- Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm, balm, Melissa, sweet balm)
- zolpidem (Intermezzo)
Prevention & Wellness
- When Moms Don't Sleep Well, Neither Do Their Kids
- Sleepless Nights Plague Many Women in Middle Age
- Can a Digital Doctor Help You Sleep?
- Health Tip: Avoid These Beverages to Fight Insomnia
- Meditation's Soothing Effects
- Preterm Birth Risk Spikes in Mothers With Sleep Disorders
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Did Grandpa's Insomnia Serve an Evolutionary Purpose?
- Living With Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly
- Opioids a Threat to Seniors With COPD
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Suicidal Thoughts
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- Bed Partner Often Fuels Loved One's Insomnia
- Do You Have 'Social Jet Lag?'
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Docs May Not Spot Sleep Apnea, Insomnia in Blacks
- Mechanical Heart Valve Noise May Mean Sleepless Nights
- Shift Work May Put Damper on a Man's Sex Life
- Could Tai Chi Ease Insomnia in Breast Cancer Survivors?
- Cervical Cancer May Leave Lasting Imprint on Survivors
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- Health Tip: Slipping Back Into Sleep
- What Guides Docs' Sleeping Pill Picks? 'Same Old Same Old,' Study Says
- 'Off-Label' Antidepressants Common, But Where's the Evidence?
- Health Tip: Get a Massage
- Many Seniors Take Multiple Meds That Can Affect the Brain
- Stress Busters
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Asthma Later in Life
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Coping With Sleep Loss During Pregnancy
- Many Misuse OTC Sleep Aids: Survey
- Homeless, And Often Sleepless Too
- Study Finds Genetic Link Between Sleep Problems and Obesity
- Beating Breast Cancer But Still Paying a Price
- 1 in 6 U.S. Adults Takes a Psychiatric Drug: Study
- Study Sees Link Between Insomnia, Asthma
- Web-Based Help for Insomnia Shows Promise
- Trouble Sleeping Tied to Higher Risk for Irregular Heartbeat
- Health Tip: Sleeping When You're Pregnant
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- Why Some Women Find Good Sleep Tough to Get
- Mouse Study Suggests Brain Circuit Involved in Sleep-Wake Cycle
- FDA: Opioids Plus Sedatives Pose Fatal OD Risk
- Sleep Is Key to College Success
- Brain Relies on Two Timekeepers for Sleep
- 5 Tips to Help Teens Get Needed School-Year Zzzzzs
- Study Links Sleep Problems to Stroke Risk, Recovery
- Menopause Hastens Aging, Studies Suggest
- Sleep Disorders 6 Times Higher Among Veterans
- Health Tip: Considering a Sleep Study?
- Prince Died From Potent Prescription Painkiller: Autopsy
- Antidepressants Not Just for Depression Any More
- Desperate for Shut-Eye?
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Brain Changes in Study
- Still Tired After Getting Your Zzz's? You Might Have Sleep Apnea
- Smoothing the Transition to Daylight Saving Time
- The High Price of Untreated Insomnia
- Poor Sleep May Not Add to Cholesterol Problems, Study Finds
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Brief Spike in Stroke Risk
- Poor REM Sleep May Be Linked to Higher Risk for Anxiety, Depression
- Head Injuries May Explain Henry VIII's Erratic Behavior, Study Suggests
- Constant Traffic Noise May Boost Depression Risk
- Interrupted Sleep Not Good for Your Mood, Study Suggests
- Tribal Study Finds Short Sleep Not Just Curse of Modern Living
- Talk Therapy May Help Ease Insomnia, Even With Other Health Woes
- Car Crash Risk Doubles for New Users of Sleeping Pills, Study Finds
- Poor Sleep, Snoring Before Diagnosis Tied to Trouble for Breast Cancer Patients
- Can ‘Talk Therapy' Help You Sleep?
- 'Talk Therapy' May Help Persistent Sleeplessness
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Proteins Tied to Poor Sleep in Study
- Insomniacs May Be More Sensitive to Pain
- Study Links Sleep Troubles to Children's Mental Health
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue Are the Stuff of Nightmares
- Always Sleepy After the Change to Daylight Saving Time?
- Insomnia Linked to High Blood Pressure in Study
- Vaccine for Deer Against 'Mad Cow'-Like Illness Shows Promise
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Sleep Woes Common Among Troubled Young Children, Study Says
- Health Tip: Is Stress Keeping You Awake?
- ADHD Can Hamper School Performance as Early as 2nd Grade, Study Says
- Study: Undiagnosed Sleep Disorders Common With Multiple Sclerosis
- A Good Night's Sleep May Mean a Good Day's Work
- Belsomra Approved for Insomnia
- FDA Approves New Kind of Insomnia Drug
- U.S. Hospitals See Big Rise in Drug-Related Suicide Attempts
- Health Tip: Can't Sleep?
- Study Links Pot Use With Poor Sleep
- Suicides More Likely After Midnight, Study Finds
- Start Sleep Drug Lunesta at Lower Dose for Safety, FDA Says
- Certain Sedatives Tied to Breathing Problems in Older COPD Patients
- Insomnia May Raise Stroke Risk, Especially for Younger Adults
- Insomniacs' Brains May Work Differently
- Keep Your Toddler's Body Clock in Mind at Bedtime
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Insomnia Cure Boosts Success of Depression Treatment, Study Finds
- Your Afternoon Coffee Might Trigger a Bad Night's Sleep
- Deadly Brain Illness Discovered in British Family
- Hormone Therapy May Work Only for Women With Hot Flashes
- Stress-Busting Tips From Experts
- Yoga Fails to Cool Hot Flashes, But May Aid Sleep
- Poor Sleep Habits Linked With Chronic Diseases, Study Says
- With Insomnia, Mind May Also Wander During Day
- Health Highlights: Aug. 29, 2013
- Prescription Sleep Aids a Common Choice for American Insomnia
- One Exercise Session Won't Bring a Good Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: Understanding Excessive Sleepiness
- FDA: Lower Ambien's Dose to Prevent Drowsy Driving
- ER Visits Tied to Ambien on the Rise
- Health Tip: What's Keeping Your Child Awake?
- Is a Better Sleeping Pill on the Way?
- Antipsychotic Meds Not That Helpful for Depression: Study
- 'Violent Behavior' Occurs in Many Adult Sleepwalkers, Study Finds
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Failure Risk
- Most U.S. Soldiers May Suffer From Sleep Problems
- Alcohol and a Good Night's Sleep Don't Mix
- ER Visits Linked to Energy Drinks Double: Report
- FDA: Lower Ambien's Dose to Prevent Drowsy Driving
- How Do Sleeping Pills Really Work?
- Sedatives May Raise Pneumonia Risk
- Sleep Trumps All-Night Cramming for College Exams
- Health Tip: Is Caffeine Giving You the Jitters?
- New Sleeping Pill May Help Insomnia
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- Sleeping Pill Linked to Hospital Falls, Researchers Say
- 5-Hour Energy Shots Linked to 13 Deaths
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- For Many, 'Superstorm' Sandy Could Take Toll on Mental Health
- How Much Caffeine Is in Your Energy Drink?
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Health Highlights: Oct. 4, 2012
- Study Links Insomnia to $31 Billion in U.S. Workplace Errors
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Don't Combine Medication and Alcohol
- Complementary Medicine May Help Soldiers With PTSD: Study
- Poor Sleep May Make High Blood Pressure Worse
- Psych, Sleep Meds May Affect Driving
- Traffic May Keep City Dwellers Awake, Harming Health
- Postpartum Depression May Lead to Shorter Kids: Study
- Smoking, Pesticides Might Spur Rare 'Sleep-Kicking' Disorder
- 1 in 10 Fibromyalgia Patients Uses Marijuana to Ease Pain
- Violence Takes a Toll on Children's Sleep
- New Sleeping Pill Suvorexant Works in Early Studies
- Fear of the Dark May Trigger Insomnia
- Tinnitus Relief: Therapy Mix Helps Ringing in Ears
- Sleepwalking May Be More Common Than You Think
- Levaquin Approved to Treat or Prevent Plague
- Fatigue Not a Factor in Fibromyalgia Pain, Study Says
- 30% of Workers Get Far Too Little Sleep
- Poor Sleep Heightens 'Ringing Ear' Disease Symptoms: Study
- Aromatherapy: More Than Just a Pleasant Scent?
- Coffee Drinking in Pregnancy Won't Lead to Sleepless Baby: Study
- Health Tip: Dealing With Insomnia
- Menopause May Cost Women Sick Days
- For Sleep Struggles, Women Urged to Alter Routines
- Sleeping Pills Called 'as Risky as Cigarettes'
- Is Grief an Illness? The Debate Heats Up
- Insomnia Can Be Dangerous, But There's Rest for the Weary
- Health Tip: Physical Problems May Cause Insomnia
- Police Officers Often Robbed of Sleep
- Middle-of-Night Sleeping Pill Intermezzo Approved
- Intentional Poisonings in Clubs, Bars May Be on the Rise
- Health Tip: Sleep Soundly During Pregnancy
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Onfi Approved to Treat Severe Seizures
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- Hammocks Help You Sleep
- ER Visits for Drug-Related Suicide Attempts Up in Men
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- When Wives Can't Sleep, Marriage May Suffer
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- FDA Panel Urges Thorough Review of Mercury-Based Fillings
- Study: Alcohol Does Not Cause Sleep Problems
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- Brain Waves Show Why Some Sleep Through Noise
- Gout Survey Offers Peek at the Pain
- Caffeine Reduces on-the-Job Mistakes
- Daily Routines Help Seniors Sleep Better
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter