Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
What natural remedies work for the flu and common cold? Many claim cold symptoms and flu symptoms can be relieved with Echinacea,...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
16 Foods That Boost and Improve Your Immune System
Fight cold and flu with foods that boost and improve your immune system. Reach for bright-colored antioxidant and vitamin-rich...
Cold & Flu Quiz: Influenza vs. Common Cold
Aches? Pain? Fever? This Cold & Flu Quiz tests your knowledge on the difference between coming down with the common cold and...
Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
Is it contagious? Take this quiz to learn about contagious diseases, how contagious diseases are spread, and myths and facts...
Picture of Influenza Virus
The flu is caused by viruses that infect the respiratory tract which are divided into three types, designated A, B, and C. See a...
A Cold or The Flu? How to Tell the Difference
Learn common symptoms of a cold and the flu. Discover the difference between a cold and the flu. Read about cold and flu...
10 Foods to Eat When You Have the Flu in Pictures
If you're sick with the flu, you'll want to know the best foods to make you feel better. Learn some of the soothing, nutritious...
Tips to Calm Your Cough in Pictures
Sick at home? Need relief from a nagging cough? See which home remedies and other treatments help relieve coughing and when it's...
Home Remedies for the Flu or a Cold
Watch this pictures slideshow and learn about home remedies for sick children. Get tips on how to treat a sore throat, cough,...
Cold, Fever and Flu Treatment in Children: Medications and Home Remedies
Colds and fevers are some of the most common ailments in children. Learn common cold symptoms, treatment options, over the...
Related Disease Conditions
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
25 Sore Throat Home Remedies
These 25 sore throat natural and home remedies can help soothe throat pain, and heal a sore throat caused by viral (common cold,...
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
An upper respiratory infection is a contagious infection of the structures of the upper respiratory tract, which includes the...
Sore throats are generally described as pain or discomfort in the throat area. A sore throat may be caused by: bacterial...
Novel H1N1 influenza A virus infection (swine flu) is an infection that generally is transferred from an infected pig to a human,...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Eustachian Tube Problems (Ear Tube Dysfunction, Blockage)
The Eustachian tube is a membrane lined tube that connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose. Symptoms of Eustachian...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...
Cold Sores (Nongenital Herpes Simplex Infections)
Herpes simplex infections are common and when they appear around the mouth and lips, people often refer to them as "cold sores"...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
How Long Is a Cold or Flu Contagious?
Viruses cause the common cold and the flu. Early symptoms and signs for a cold and the flu are similar, however, flu symptoms are...
Cough (Chronic Cough)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Chronic bronchitis is a cough that occurs daily with production of sputum that lasts for at least three months, two years in a...
Plague (Black Death)
Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis. Transmission to humans occurs via fleas that have bitten...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Guillain-Barré Syndrome is an autoimmune disease of the nervous system due to damage to the myelin sheath around nerves....
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Adenovirus infection, particularly Ad14, or the "killer cold virus" has been on the increase in the past two years. Symptoms...
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments
Before treating a cold, the flu, or allergies with over-the-counter (OTC) medications, it's important to know what's causing the...
Is a Cough Contagious?
There are many types of coughs: for example, dry cough, wet cough, a barking cough, whooping cough, stress induced...
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza, Avian Flu)
Bird flu (avian flu, avian influenza) infection in humans may result from contact with infected poultry. There is a vaccine to...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and...
Bronchiolitis is an illness caused by a variety of viruses that is most common during the winter season. Bronchiolitis symptoms...
Adult-onset asthma is asthma that is diagnosed in people over 20 years of age. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of...
Children's Cough Causes and Treatments
Children's cough causes include infection, acid reflux, asthma, allergies or sinus infection, whooping cough, and exposure to...
Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a highly contagious viral infection. Symptoms include fever and nasal congestion and...
Reye's syndrome (RS or Reye syndrome) is a sudden, sometimes fatal, disease of the brain with degeneration of the liver. Reye...
Bioterrorism is a form of terrorism where there is the intentional release of biological agents such as viruses, germs, or...
Antibiotic Resistance (Drug Resistance, Antimicrobial Resistance)
Drug resistance (antimicrobial resistance) is the ability of bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses to grow, even in the...
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV. Symptoms include fever and...
Cold vs. Flu
Though the common cold and flu share many signs and symptoms, they are caused by different viruses. Signs and symptoms include...
Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, and Colds
If you have a COPD such as emphysema, avoiding chronic bronchitis and colds is important to avoid a more severe respiratory...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Treating the Flu in People with Health Risks
Certain portions of the population are at an increased risk of suffering serious complications from the flu. Some of these...
Exercise-induced asthma is asthma triggered by vigorous exercise. Symptoms include coughing, shortness of breath, chest...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Pregnancy: Swine Flu and the H1N1 Vaccine
Pregnant and women who are breastfeeding are encouraged to receive the seasonal flu shot as well as the 2009 H1N1 influenza...
Flu (Influenza) - Symptoms
Please describe your flu symptoms.Post View 57 Comments
Flu (Influenza) - Side Effects
Did you experience any side effects with the flu vaccine?Post View 33 Comments
Flu (Influenza) - Home Remedies
What home remedies and/or over-the-counter treatments have helped your flu symptoms?Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Loss of Taste Sensation
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Swollen Tonsils
- Runny Nose
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Nasal Congestion
- Chronic Cough
- Flu (Influenza)
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- Chronic Sore Throat
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Flu: Fighting the Flu Without the Shot
- Cold & Flu FAQs
- Contagious FAQs
- Flu Shots - Next Big Influenza Outbreak
- Bird Flu: What Is Bird Flu? Should We Be Concerned?
- How Does a Person Catch Swine Flu?
- OTC Cold and Cough Medications
- Flu: What to Do if You Get the Flu
- When to Call the Doctor for Fever, Nausea, Diarrhea, Colds, and Coughs
- Are You Too Sick to Work?
- Flu Shot Side Effects
- Cold and Cough Medicine for Infants and Children: A Doctor's View
- Hotel Hygiene: Is Your Hotel Making You Sick?
- Air Travel, Colds, and Sinus Infections
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
- H1N1 Swine Flu Can Infect Some Pets
- What to Do if You Think You Have H1N1 Swine Flu Virus
- Swine Flu: One New York City Pediatrician's View
- Swine Flu Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Vaccination
- Swine Flu: How a Hospital Prepares for Patients
- Killer Cold Virus Facts
- Amoeba: Naegleria fowleri Brain Infection Rare but Fatal
- Bird Flu: Rapid Lab Test Available for Diagnosis
- Tamiflu for Bird Flu?
- Flu Free: How to Fend Off the Flu
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Flu: Waiting for Flu Shots, a Real Reality Show
- Flu Shot Fiasco, Critical Incident Report
- Vaccine Mess Alert
- Nasal Flu Vaccine for Children
- Flu Vaccine 2000 - Why The Shortage?
- Metapneumovirus, New Cause of Flu
Medications & Supplements
- rimantadine - oral, Flumadine
- ibuprofen chewable - oral, Advil, Children's Advil, Motri
- influenza virus vaccine live - nasal, FluMist
- naproxen - oral, Anaprox, Naprosyn
- cromolyn liquid - oral, Gastrocrom
- ibuprofen suspension - oral, Children's Advil, Children's M
- oseltamivir - oral, Tamiflu
- zanamivir inhaler - oral, Relenza
- cromolyn - oral, Gastrocrom
- ketoprofen - oral, Orudis
- oseltamivir suspension - oral, Tamiflu
- ibuprofen - oral, Advil, Motrin, Nuprin
- CLONIDINE 0.025MG-ORAL
- benzonatate (Tessalon Perles, Zonatuss - discontinued in the US)
- erythromycin, Ery-Tab, PCE
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- hydrocodone/homatropine (Hycodan [discontinued] Tussigon)
- amantadine (Symmetrel - Discontinued)
- meropenem (Merrem)
- oseltamivir, Tamiflu
- zanamivir, Relenza
- expectorant/decongestant/narcotic antitussive/acetaminophen-oral
- influenza virus vaccine - syringe intradermal, Fluzone
- acetaminophen/phenyltoloxamine-oral, Dologesic, Flextra-650, Novagesic, Rhinoflex, Staflex
- influenza vaccine live intranasal; FluMist, FluMist Quadrivalent
- influenza virus vaccine - intramuscular, Afluria, Fluarix, Flublok, Flu
- rimantadine, Flumadine
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Flu Shot 101
- No Drop in Flu Vaccinations Since Nasal Spray Withdrawn
- Flu Shot Key for People With Diabetes
- Scientists Learn How Flu Virus Changes So Quickly
- It's Time to Get Your Flu Shot Again
- When a Cold or Flu Strikes a Family Member
- Semen Harbors Wide Range of Viruses
- Could Swine Flu Be Linked to Type 1 Diabetes?
- Put Flu Shot on the Back-to-School Checklist
- Harvey's Floodwaters Harbor Many Health Hazards
- Have Fun at the Fair, But Don't Pet the Pigs
- Researchers Developing Early Detection Test for Lyme Disease
- Health Tip: Flu Season is Around the Corner
- Recent Flu Shot Shouldn't Prevent Vaccination During Pregnancy
- High-Dose Flu Shot May Help Nursing Home Residents Avoid Hospital
- The Neighborhood Sandbox: A Breeding Ground for Germs
- Bye-Bye Flu Shot, Hello Patch?
- Immunizations for High Flyin' Travelers
- Fever During Pregnancy Tied to Autism in Study
- Flu Shot Falls Short More Often for Obese People: Study
- Zika Mosquito Can Transmit Other Viruses, Too
- Is Your Child's Day Care Center Ready for Pandemic Flu?
- More Cases of Tick-Borne Powassan Disease Expected in U.S. This Year
- Elton John Recovering From Serious Infection
- Some Surprising Sources of Germs
- Slimy Frog Might Be a Flu Fighter
- Flu Season All But Over in U.S.
- When Parents Get Vaccinated, Their Kids Do Too
- Scientists Probe Zika's Path to the Fetus
- Most U.S. Kids Who Die From Flu Are Unvaccinated
- Many Talks on End-of-Life Wishes End in Confusion, Study Shows
- Parents Don't Always Head to Child's Doctor When Illness Strikes
- Black Americans More Likely to Skip Flu Shot
- Antiviral Flu Drugs Safe in Mid-to-Late Pregnancy: Study
- Do You Need an Antibiotic?
- Many Americans Unaware of 'Superbug' Threat: Poll
- Don't Skip Veggies in Winter
- Flu Vaccine a Pretty Good Match for Viruses This Year: CDC
- Eczema May Leave Some Flu Shots Less Effective, Study Finds
- Flu Cases Spiking Across the United States: CDC
- 8 Ways to Help Kids Dodge Germs
- U.S. Teens Lag on Recommended Vaccinations
- U.S. Vaccine Guidelines for Flu, HPV Updated
- Flu Shot May Curb Respiratory Infections in People With Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Healthy During Winter
- Flu Hospitalizations, Deaths Increasing: CDC
- Fate of Lesser-Known Obamacare Benefits Not Known
- Flu Cases Starting to Spread: CDC
- 8 People Infected in Rare U.S. Outbreak of Rat Virus
- Best Ways to Steer Clear of the Flu
- Health Tip: Feeling Under the Weather?
- Why Winter Weather Brings More Flu
- Common Viruses a Deadly Threat at Nursing Homes
- Flu Season Starting to Peak
- Powerful Drug for Advanced Cancers May Need Less Frequent Dosing
- CDC: Flu Season Has Started, Could Be Severe
- Is It a Cold or the Flu? Here's How to Tell
- Flu Shots Are Worth It
- Health Tip: When a Child Is Sick
- Flu Season's Starting to Rear Its Head
- Health Tip: Who Needs a Flu Shot?
- Just 40 Percent of Americans Vaccinated for Flu This Season
- More Pregnant Women Getting Flu Shot, But Improvement Needed
- More Doctors Willing to Hide Mistakes, Survey Says
- U.S. Death Toll From Infectious Diseases Unchanged: Study
- Are You Ready for Flu Season?
- Can a Community's 'Well-Being' Help You Live Longer?
- Do Your Part to Stop Spreading Colds and Flu
- Why You Need a Flu Shot Now
- Health Tip: Need Pain Relief?
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- Many Parents Think a Flu Shot Is Unnecessary
- Certain Parents More Likely to Skip Kids' Flu Shot
- Flagging Flu-Shot Rate Worries CDC
- More Health Care Workers Need Flu Shots: CDC
- How to Protect Yourself From the Seasonal Flu
- Tips for Avoiding Back-to-School Germs, Illnesses
- More Must Be Done to Fight 'Superbugs': U.S. Gov't Report
- Clinton: 'I Didn't Think It Was Going to Be That Big a Deal'
- Pediatricians' Group Advises Against Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine
- More Parents Believe Vaccines Are Unnecessary
- Is It Flu, or Is It Valley Fever?
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Pregnancy Flu Shot Protects Newborn for 8 Weeks: Study
- Toys Remain Viral Playground for 24 Hours
- FDA Asks How Safe Is That Hand Sanitizer?
- Boston's Subways Packed With Germs
- CDC Panel Says FluMist Nasal Flu Vaccine Ineffective
- Childhood Vaccinations Rarely Spur Seizures, Study Finds
- Prince Died From Fentanyl Overdose
- Flu Shot Helps Heart Failure Patients Avoid Hospital
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Maybe Not
- Expectant Mom's Flu Shot Protects 2
- Day Care Babies Catch Stomach Bugs Earlier, But Get Fewer Later
- With Flu Shot, Timing May Be Everything
- Mom Was Right: A Good Night's Sleep Helps Keep You Healthy
- A Mild Flu Season, and the End Is in Sight: CDC
- Flu Shot Might Cut Stillbirth Risk
- Flu Season Hasn't Peaked Yet
- Flu Shot Safe for Surgery Patients in Hospital: Study
- Health Tip: Warding Off the Flu When You Have Asthma
- Paid Sick Leave May Help Health of Whole Family
- Many Parents Downplay Value of Flu Shot, Poll Finds
- Flu Season Continues to Be Mild: CDC
- Parenthood May Alter Immune System, Research Suggests
- Flu Hits Poor Neighborhoods the Hardest, Study Shows
- Flu Shot May Guard Against Irregular Heart Rate: Study
- Pregnant Women Benefit From Tamiflu at First Sign of Flu: Study
- For Super Bowl Fans, Flu Can Be an Unwanted Catch
- Less Than Half of U.S. Babies Receive Flu Vaccine: CDC
- Flu Season Stays Mild, With Slow Uptick in Activity
- Women May Have Better Flu Defenses
- Protect Yourself From Colds and Flu This Winter
- U.S. Flu Activity Remains Low: CDC
- Zika Virus: What You Should Know
- It's Not Too Late to Get a Flu Shot
- New Rules for Mammograms, Tanning Beds Top Health News of 2015
- Get Your Flu Shot Before the Flu Is Widespread: CDC
- Many Americans Dubious of Flu Shot's Effectiveness
- Majority of U.S. Hospitals Don't Require Flu Shots for Staffers: Survey
- How to Have a Healthy Holiday Season
- Get Your Flu Shot Before the Flu Is Widespread: CDC
- Health Tip: Who Gets Pneumonia?
- Ah-Choo! Sneeze 'Cloud' Quickly Covers a Room, Study Finds
- Statins May Dampen Protective Powers of Flu Vaccines
- Too Much TV Linked to Leading Causes of Death
- Prepare Yourself for Cold, Flu Season
- Health Tip: Considering Cough Medicine?
- Stereotypes Can Hurt a Patient's Care
- It's Time for Your Flu Shot
- Study Links Flu Vaccine to Short-Term Drop in Stroke Risk
- Flu Vaccine May Also Protect Against Pneumonia
- Colds, Flu Up Odds for Stroke in Kids, Though Risk Is Low: Study
- This Year's Flu Vaccine Should Be Better Match: CDC
- Flu Shot a Must for Moms-to-Be
- Other People's Flu Vaccines Help Shield Seniors, Too: Study
- New Guidelines Call for Kids, Health Care Workers to Get Flu Shots
- Early Treatment With Flu Antivirals May Shorten Seniors' Hospital Stay
- Flu Vaccines Offer About 6 Months of Protection, Study Finds
- Flu Vaccine Protects Nursing Home Residents, Study Finds
- Scientists Get Closer to Long-Lasting Flu Vaccine
- CT Scan Use in Kids Fell Over Past Decade
- Start of School Year Calls for Vaccine Check
- Online Program Boosts Hand Washing, Cuts Infections
- Scientists Test Universal Flu Vaccine in Mice
- Antibiotics Myths Still Common Among Parents
- Watch Out for Disease-Carrying Insects This Summer
- Virus Mutation Explains Poor Performance of Last Season's Flu Shot: Study
- Doctors Worry About Return of Vaccine-Preventable Ills in Kids
- Another Tick-Borne Illness Documented in Northeast
- CDC Tweaking Flu Vaccine for Better Protection
- Blood Test Could Reveal Your Viral History
- Many Americans Under 50 Living With Cold Sore Virus
- 'Cruise Ship' Norovirus Bug Can Spread by Air, Study Finds
- Experimental Drug Combo Shows Promise Against Hepatitis C
- Too Few Kids With Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy Get Flu Shot: Study
- Could Household Bleach Raise Kids' Risk for Flu, Other Infections?
- When to Keep Kids Home From School
- Seniors Bear Brunt of This Flu Season
- Typical Adult Over 30 Gets Flu Twice Every 10 Years: Study
- Airport Screenings Miss Roughly Half of Sick Travelers: Study
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Even Less Effective Than Thought: CDC
- Flu Vaccine Just 18% Effective This Year
- A Doctor's Advice, a Patient's Race Influence Flu Shot Rates
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine May Protect Against Deadly Bird Flu
- Many States Still in Flu's Grip, But Some Areas Report Declines
- Just Half of Nursing Home Staff Getting Flu Vaccine
- Flu's Grip on U.S. Starting to Weaken: CDC
- Tamiflu Cuts 1 Day Off Average Flu Bout, Study Finds
- Flu Remains Widespread in Much of U.S.
- Health Tip: Could You Have the Flu?
- Only 23 Percent Protection From This Year's Flu Vaccine
- CDC: Flu Vaccine Not Very Effective This Season
- Tips for Steering Clear of Flu
- Bad Flu Season Continues to Take Toll, Especially Among the Young and Old
- Flu Season May Not Have Peaked: CDC
- Binge Drinking May Weaken Immune System, Study Suggests
- Flu: Bad Season Getting Worse
- FDA Shares Advice to Avoid Colds and Flu
- Flu Now Epidemic in U.S., With 15 Child Deaths Reported
- Health Tip: Taking Care of Someone With Flu
- Rapivab Approved to Help Treat Flu
- Flu Activity Up, Some Schools Closing
- 'Kids' Diseases' Now Hitting Adults
- Guinea Pigs Can Be Source of Serious Strep Infection
- Vaccinating Schoolkids Cuts Flu in Communities: Study
- Many Americans Still Haven't Gotten a Flu Shot
- More Young Adults Getting Preventive Care After Obamacare, Study Finds
- Scientists Find Gene They Say Affects Flu Shot Response
- This Year's Flu Vaccine Less Effective Than Hoped
- Kids Who Were Preemies More Vulnerable to Flu Complications: Study
- Flu Season Off to a Slow Start ... for Now
- Could Flu Raise Risk of Fatal Artery Tear?
- Health Tip: When to Call the Doctor About a Cold or Flu
- Survey Reveals Concerns Over Ebola
- Airborne Transmission of Ebola Highly Unlikely, Experts Say
- Discussing Ebola: Children Feel Safe, Calm When Adults Do, Too
- Research Shows No Link Between Vaccinations, Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Ebola Vaccines May Be Deployed in West Africa by January, Officials Say
- Medication Errors Occur Every 8 Minutes in U.S. Children
- Ebola Anxiety: A Bigger Threat Now Than the Virus Itself
- Ebola or Not? Rapid Test for the Virus Not Here Yet
- Hepatitis C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It
- Scientists Aim to Improve Vaccines Against 'Bird Flu'
- 29 States, District of Columbia Reporting Respiratory Illness That Targets Kids
- Health Tip: Help Keep Germs at Bay
- Study Suggests Why Pregnant Women Get Sicker From Flu
- Avian Flu In Harbor Seals Could Infect People
- Get a Flu Shot During Checkup, Doctor Says
- Pediatricians Urge Flu Vaccine for All Kids 6 Months and Older
- Almost Everyone Needs a Flu Shot: CDC
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Child's Risk of Ear Infection
- Respiratory Virus Hitting Kids in at Least 12 States
- Single-Dose, Injected Flu Treatment Shows Promise
- Ebola Outbreak Could Infect 20,000 People, U.N. Says
- Study Ties Colds, Flu to Rare Risk of Stroke in Kids
- All Pregnant Women Need Flu Shot: Ob/Gyn Group
- High-Dose Flu Vaccine May Better Protect the Elderly: Study
- Classroom Hand Sanitizers Don't Curb Absences, Study Finds
- WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak a 'Public Health Emergency'
- When Colds, Flu Lead to Complications in Kids
- Study Finds Many Flu Patients Not Treated Appropriately
- For Young Kids, Nasal Spray Beats Needle for Flu Immunization
- Current Bird Flu Has Pandemic Potential
- People Under 65 Hard Hit by Flu This Year
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Preventive Care
- Windshield Washer Fluid May Be Source of Legionnaires' Disease
- Younger Adults Hit Hardest This Flu Season
- Report Questions Effectiveness of Flu Meds
- FAQ: The Deadly Ebola Virus
- Tamiflu Saved Lives During Swine Flu Pandemic, Study Confirms
- Flu Can Infect Many Without Causing Symptoms: Study
- State Flu Shot Rule for Preschoolers Curbs Kids' Hospitalizations: CDC
- Flu Shot May Lower Stroke Risk, Too
- Many U.S. Adults Not Getting Key Vaccines: CDC
- There's Still Time to Get a Flu Shot
- Decline of Antibiotic Use Among Kids Seems To Be Leveling Off: Study
- Avoid Sports Injuries: Advice From an Olympic Doctor
- College Students Should Get a Flu Shot
- Health Tip: Antiviral Can Help Manage Flu
- Adults With Diabetes Need a Flu Shot: Experts
- Want to Stay Healthy? Try Washing Your Hands
- Meet Henry the Hand: A Crusading Doctor's Right-Hand Man
- Most With Hepatitis C May Soon Find Hope in New Treatments
- U.S. Flu Cases Continue to Climb
- Ease Up on Workouts to Aid Flu Recovery, Expert Says
- Liquid Tamiflu for Kids in Short Supply
- Tamiflu Shortage Again
- Temporary Fever May Occur When Kids Under 2 Get 2 Shots at Once
- Can Bacterial Infections During Pregnancy Raise Autism Risk?
- Health Tip: Don't Take Too Much Acetaminophen
- Cancer Patients Vulnerable to Complications From Flu
- H1N1 Flu Spreading in South-Central U.S.
- Testosterone May Undermine Flu Shot's Effectiveness for Men
- New Insights Into Sleeping Disorder Narcolepsy
- Antibacterial Soaps & Body Washes: FAQ
- FDA Wants Tighter Rules on Antibacterial Soaps, Body Washes
- Flu Vaccine Prevented 6.6 Million Illnesses Last Season: CDC
- New Flu Vaccine May Provide More Protection to Kids
- Princeton Students Safe to Travel Despite Meningitis Outbreak: CDC
- Kids Hospitalized for Flu Need Antiviral Meds Right Away: Study
- Could Vaccines Someday Improve Heart Health?
- Taiwan Woman 1st Human Infected With New Strain of Bird Flu
- Gelatin Allergy May Mean Extra Care Is Needed With Flu Shot
- With Flu Season Here, Docs Offer Tips to Stay Healthy
- Closing Chinese Poultry Markets Stalled Bird Flu's Spread to People
- Flu Can Kill Even Healthy Children, Study Finds
- Flu Season Off to Slow Start . . .
- Your Flu Shot May Also Help Your Heart
- Researchers Discover How Flu Gains Foothold in the Body
- Breast Milk Bought Online May Contain Harmful Germs: Study
- Egg Allergy No Obstacle to Child's Flu Shot, CDC Says
- Smoking in Pregnancy May Be Tied to Bipolar Disorder in Adult Offspring: Study
- Medicare, Medicaid To Keep Running Despite U.S. Government Shutdown
- CDC Reports More Americans Getting Flu Shots
- It's Not Too Soon to Get Your Flu Shot, Doctor Says
- Could Immune Cell Discovery Lead to Universal Flu Vaccine?
- Gene Testing Helps Sort Out Bacterial, Viral Infections
- Medicaid Patients Behind Jump in California ER Visits, Study Finds
- New Choices for Seasonal Flu Vaccines
- Informed Patients Can Help Stem Antibiotic Overuse
- Take Kids to Get Their Flu Shots Early, Experts Say
- Could Flu Shots Help Prevent Heart Attacks?
- First Vaccine Against 4 Flu Strains Ready to Ship
- FDA Warns of Rare Skin Reactions to Acetaminophen
- Country Singer Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
- Month of Conception Might Raise Odds of Premature Birth: Study
- H7N9 Bird Flu Transmits From Person to Person, Study Finds
- Tick-Borne Illness Babesiosis a Hazard for Seniors
- New Tick-Borne Illness May Be Misdiagnosed
- Flu Spreads Quickest Among Kids, Teachers, Health-Care Workers
- Flu Vaccine Protects Millions Annually: CDC
- Saliva May Improve With Age for Flu Protection
- Early, Severe Flu Season Caused Big Rise in Child Deaths: CDC
- Flu Shots at School Boost Vaccination Rates, Study Finds
- Simple Mutations Could Make Flu Viruses More Deadly: Studies
- Doubling Tamiflu Dose for Severe Flu Doesn't Help: Study
- Gene Therapy May Protect Against Flu Pandemics
- Health Highlights: May 28, 2013
- New China Bird Flu May Be Resistant to Tamiflu
- H1N1 Flu Virus Detected in Seals Off California Coast
- Study Sees Link Between Mom's Flu, Bipolar Risk for Children
- Flu Season Continues to Wind Down
- Scientists Report Clues to Flu Shot's Effectiveness
- Flu Infections Continue to Decline
- Winter Weather Plays a Role in Spring Allergies, Expert Says
- Higher Indoor Humidity Levels Might Slow Flu's Spread
- Flu Vaccine Fell Short for Seniors This Season: CDC
- Cold and Flu Sufferers Should Ease Back Into Fitness Routine
- Little-Known Respiratory Infection Sends Many Kids to Hospital
- Flu Levels Starting to Fall, CDC Says
- Hand Sanitizers: Do They Help Stop All Germs?
- Flu Shot May Not Work as Well for Seniors
- Beware Fake Flu Treatments, FDA Warns
- Flu Still Widespread but Easing in Some States: CDC
- Will Climate Change Mean Worse Flu Seasons?
- Doubling Up on Cold, Flu Remedies May Harm Liver
- People Can Emit Flu Germs in Air Up to 6 Feet Away, Study Finds
- What Food Made You Sick?
- Flu Continues to Wane, but Deaths Still Epidemic
- New Strain of Norovirus Spreading Quickly in U.S.
- People With Egg Allergy Can Safely Get Flu Shot: Experts
- Controversial Bird Flu Research to Resume
- Health Tip: Coping With the Flu
- Health Tip: Help Protect Kids from Flu
- Health Tip: Protect Against Flu During Pregnancy
- Got the Flu? Rest First, Exercise Later, Experts Say
- Doctor Explains Why Flu a Greater Threat to Seniors
- Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself From the Flu
- Just How Severe Is This Flu Season?
- Fetal Deaths Up Among Unvaccinated Moms in H1N1 Pandemic: Study
- FDA Approves New Type of Flu Vaccine
- Health Tip: Take Antibiotics Only When Needed
- 'Spot' Shortages of Flu Vaccine, Tamiflu Reported, FDA Head Says
- Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself From the Flu
- Just How Severe Is This Flu Season?
- Study Finds Low Flu Vaccine Rates in U.S. Kids
- Flu Widespread in 47 States, Vaccine 'Moderately' Effective: CDC
- Thigh Is Safer Vaccination Site Than Arm for Toddlers, Study Finds
- Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself From the Flu
- Safe Ways to Relieve Your Young Child's Flu Symptoms
- Flu Stretches Hospitals, Drug Supplies Nationwide
- Flu Cases Rise Across U.S., Severe Season Feared
- Research Reveals Why Flu Peaks in Certain Seasons
- U.S. Flu Season in Full Swing, CDC Says
- FDA Approves Tamiflu for Infants
- Immune System May Not Weaken With Age: Study
- Banning Vaccine Preservative Would Hurt Kids in Poor Nations: Experts
- Dishwashing Won't Kill Tummy-Troubling Norovirus: Study
- What Cancer Patients Need to Know About the Flu
- College Kids Not So Smart About Flu Shots, Study Finds
- CDC: Flu Season Hits Early and Could Be a Bad Year
- Hurricane Sandy's Health Woes Continue
- Does Tamiflu Work? Questions Continue
- Many Americans Still in the Dark About Antibiotic Resistance
- Flu During Pregnancy May Be Linked to Autism Risk
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- Act Quickly to Beat Mold After a Flood
- Flu Vaccines May Protect the Heart Too
- Health Tip: What's Behind a Sore Throat?
- Forget Flu Shot Myths, Protect Yourself This Season
- A Parent's Grief Highlights Flu Shot's Importance
- Little U.S. Flu Activity So Far, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Flu
- Flu Season's Approaching So Roll Up Your Sleeve
- Half of Pregnant Women, Newborns Risk Flu
- Kroger Recalls Spinach in 15 States
- Taking a Shot at Sinking the 'Cruise Ship' Virus
- Researchers Find Powerful Swine Flu Strain in Korea
- Third Death in Yosemite Hantavirus Outbreak
- Pediatricians' Group Urges Flu Shot for Kids Aged 6 Months and Up
- More Benefits of Breast Milk Revealed
- Beyond Statistics: 2 Faces of West Nile Virus
- Most U.S. Schools Unprepared for Pandemics: Study
- West Nile Virus Cases Continue to Climb
- Kids With Neurological Conditions at Higher Risk of Flu Death: CDC
- Vaccinations Belong on Parents' Back-to-School Checklists
- 71 New Cases of H3N2v Swine Flu
- FDA Approves Flu Vaccine for Coming Season
- New Swine Flu Outbreak: Case Count Rising
- Generic Singulair Approved
- New Swine Flu Outbreak Worries CDC
- Shots Should Be on College Kids' Back-to-School List
- Seal Flu: Next Pandemic Threat?
- New Seal Flu Could Pose Threat to Humans
- Flu Cases From County Fair Traced to Pigs
- Drive-Through Flu Shot a Safe Bet: Study
- Antiobiotic Resistance Spikes During Flu Season
- Exercise, Meditation Can Beat Back Cold, Flu, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Don't Spread Germs at Work
- Pandemic H1N1 Flu Killed Far More Than Reported: Study
- Health Highlights: June 21, 2012
- Once-Banned Bird Flu Study Yields Sobering Findings
- More Than Half of Resident Docs Have Worked While Sick: Study
- Colds May Be Even More 'Common' Than People Think
- Cough Medicine and Cough Syrups
- Flu Season Was One of Mildest on Record, CDC Confirms
- Fever During Pregnancy May Raise Odds for Autism in Offspring
- The 6 Dirtiest Work Places
- Norovirus Outbreak Traced to Reusable Grocery Bag
- Asthma an Often Unrecognized Risk for Older People
- Once-Banned Bird Flu Study Suggests Pandemic Threat Is Real
- Health Highlights: April 30, 2012
- Texting May Help More Kids Get Flu Shots
- Infection Might Raise Blood Clot Risk for Older Adults: Study
- Health Highlights: April 3, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 30, 2012
- U.S. Advisers Say It's Now Safe to Publish Bird Flu Studies
- Health Highlights: March 26, 2012
- Flu Risk Higher for Workers in Certain Industries
- U.S. Death Rates Drop 60% in 75 Years
- Drug Seems to Speed Recovery After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Certain Beliefs Motivate Health Care Workers to Get Flu Shots
- Health Highlights: March 2, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 1, 2012
- Drug Seems to Speed Recovery After Traumatic Brain Injury
- New Flu Discovered in Guatemalan Fruit Bats
- Autoinjector Version of MS Drug Approved
- Rapid Flu Tests a Good First Step: Study
- Flu Season Off to a Very Late Start: CDC
- 'Bird' Flu May Be More Common in Humans, But Less Deadly
- Mild Winter Heralds Early Sneezin' Season
- Flu Shots for Pregnant Moms May Protect Babies
- Combo Vaccine May Raise Babies' Risk for Fever-Caused Seizures
- Bird Flu Studies Can Be Published After All: WHO
- H1N1 'Swine' Flu Makes a Comeback in Mexico
- Norovirus Causes Most Hospital Infection Outbreaks
- Type 1 Diabetes Treatment Disappoints in Trial
- U.S. Advisers Explain Request to Censor Bird Flu Research
- Pediatricians' Group Recommends HPV Vaccine for Boys
- Health Highlights: Jan. 27, 2012
- How Did Generation X Respond to the H1N1 'Swine' Flu Epidemic?
- Health Highlights: Jan. 23, 2012
- Scientists Agree to Delay Controversial Bird Flu Research
- Many U.S. Adults Not Vaccinated for Hepatitis B
- New Drug Combo for Hepatitis C Shows Promise
- Flu Season Off to Slow Start, So Far
- CDC: Americans Living Longer as Death Rate Drops
- Flu Prevention Critical for Those With Neurologic Conditions, CDC Says
- Health Highlights: Jan. 3, 2012
- Where's the Flu? Get Ready
- Cases of Tamiflu-Resistant Flu Concern Experts
- Infant Acetaminophen Dosage Change May Cause Confusion
- Health Highlights: Dec. 22, 2011
- Health Highlights: Dec. 21, 2011
- Limit Cold Medications During Pregnancy, Experts Advise
- Health Highlights: Dec. 15, 2011
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs Tied to Flu Survival
- Health Highlights: Dec. 12, 2011
- Americans Encouraged to Get Flu Vaccine
- Flu Season Mild So Far, Says CDC
- Health Officials Urge Americans: Get Your Flu Shot Now
- More People Getting Flu Shots This Year
- Survey: Younger Doctors More Skeptical of Vaccines
- More Pregnant Women Getting Flu Shots
- 2 More Deaths in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria Outbreak Now 2nd Largest in U.S. History
- Adele Cancels U.S. Tour Due to Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
- 18 Deaths, 100 Cases in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria: Are You at Risk?
- 8 Dead From Listeria-Contaminated Cantaloupes
- Survey: Two-Thirds of Americans Plan to Get Flu Vaccine
- Needle-Free Shots Make Vaccines Less Scary
- Second Listeriosis Death From Contaminated Cantaloupes
- CDC Warning: Deadly Listeria in Cantaloupe
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- Kids Need Flu Shot Even if They Had One Last Year
- Study: Kids Are Getting Too Many Antibiotics
- Vaccines for Teens: Still Room for Improvement
- Report: Vaccines Generally Safe, Cause Few Health Problems
- Don't Skip This Year's Flu Shot: CDC
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- Diet, Metformin Cut Medical Cost for Prediabetes Patients
- New Insulin May Treat Dangerously Low Blood Sugar
- Flu Vaccine Rates Are High for 2 Seasons in a Row
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- Decade's Top 10 Public Health Achievements
- Allergy Self-Diagnosis Leads to Misdiagnosis
- FDA OKs Flu Shot With Smaller Needle
- FDA OKs Meningitis Vaccine for Infants
- FDA: Hand Sanitizers Make False Claims
- Despite Warning, Babies Still Get Cough Medicine
- Most People With Flu Don't Stay Home
- Catch a Bus, Catch a Cold
- Flu Vaccine: Infant Febrile Seizures Reported
- Man Flu: Is Job Stress to Blame?
- Flu Is Widespread in 11 States
- Flu Vaccine FAQ
- Vitamin D May Improve Asthma Control
- H1N1 Swine Flu No Worse Than Seasonal Flu
- CDC: Flu Vaccine Arriving, Get Yours ASAP
- Swine Flu Pandemic Over, WHO Declares
- Swine Flu Pandemic Hit Children the Hardest
- Head Lice Grow Resistant to Treatments
- New Insurance Rules: Free Preventive Health Care
- Vitamin D May Cut Risk of Flu
- Recall of Kids' Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl
- Swine Flu's Toll on Military, Young People
- 1 in 4 Americans Got Swine Flu Vaccine
- H1N1 Swine Flu Still Smoldering in U.S.
- Vaccinate Kids to Stop Flu in Community
- CDC Panel Calls for Flu Vaccine for All
- Next Year, Just 1 Flu Shot
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Brain-Eating Amoeba in Neti Pots
- The Truth About Vitamin D
- How to Handle the H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic
- Swine Flu 101: College Survival Tips
- Swine Flu and the Elderly
- Is the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Safe?
- Common Cold: Too Sick to Work?
- An American's H1N1 Swine Flu Experience in London: One Patient's Story
- Swine Flu: 10 Things Not to Do
- Warnings on Three Zicam Intranasal Zinc Products
- Swine Flu: Taking Care of a Sick Person in Your Home
- When to Call the Doctor About Flu
- Flu Prevention: Use Your Immune System!
- Cover Your Cough!
- Germs Germs Everywhere!
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Hand Washing: Clean Hands Save Lives: Emergency Situations
- FDA Clears Test to Identify 12 Respiratory Viruses
- Sleep Better When You're Sick
- Bird Flu: Rapid Response Team To Combat Bird Flu
- Colds: How to Care for Someone Without Getting Sick Yourself
- Flu Prevention for the 2005-2006 Season
- New Flu Vaccine - Fluarix - Approved
- Immunization: National Immunization Awareness Month
- Tylenol: Children's TYLENOL® Meltaways and SoftChews Recalled
- Medicare Pays - Get the Most from It!
- Diseases From Animals -- What's Next?
- Cold and Flu: Soup Is Good for What Ails You
- Antibiotic Resistance: Snort. Sniffle. Sneeze. No Antibiotics Please!
- Flu: Feds Give Flu Shots to States
- Flu Vaccine Tip of Drug Shortage
- Flu Vaccine Shortage Alert
- Spring-Fall Flu Shots Tested for Kids
- Flu: The Last Flu Story, We Hope
- How to Choose and Use a Thermometer
- Anthrax or Flu? - What You Need to Know
- Top 10 Health Threats to Men
- Whooping Cough FAQs
- SARS, Prevention and Protection
- FluMist Nasal Vaccine
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter