Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Allergies Quiz: Symptoms & Home Remedies
What are the causes of allergies? This online quiz challenges your knowledge of common food and household allergens,...
Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers
Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system where the body's defenses react to substances such as pollen, food and more....
Home Allergy Quiz: Is Your Home Allergy-Proof?
Take this home allergy quiz and test your knowledge on allergens, dust mites, pollens and more to see how allergy-proof your home...
When Animal (Allergies) Attack: Pet Allergy Symptoms, Treatment
How do you control and relieve pet allergies? How do you prevent pet allergies? Learn dog and cat allergy symptoms, the cause of...
10 Worst Cities for Spring Allergies With Pictures
See pictures of the top 10 "spring allergy capitals", according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). From...
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Nasal Irrigation: Natural Relief for Cold & Allergy Symptoms
Nasal irrigation can relieve sinus symptoms associated with colds & allergies. Learn how nasal irrigation can help unclog sinuses...
Tips for a Healthy and Safe Home
A safe and healthy home should support our health. Learn how to keep each room in your house (kitchen, bathroom, attic, garage,...
The Most Common Food Allergies for Kids and Adults
What common food allergens cause the most problems for adults and children? See this list of common food allergies and learn to...
Out-of-Control Allergy Symptoms: Treatment Relief in Pictures
Learn 10 signs your allergies are out of control. See these surprising allergy symptoms and find out how to get relief for...
Nasal Allergy Attack: Causes, Triggers, Treatments
What causes allergies? What are your allergy triggers? Discover how allergies work, why our bodies react to them, whether...
What’s Causing Your Indoor Air Pollution?
Do you know what pollutants are threatening your indoor air quality? Learn about exposure to carbon monoxide, radon, pesticides,...
Managing Severe Allergies at School
Learn how to manage and be prepared for severe allergies at school. Discover how to protect you child from food allergies, insect...
Related Disease Conditions
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose,...
Children's Cough Causes and Treatments
Children's cough causes include infection, acid reflux, asthma, allergies or sinus infection, whooping cough, and exposure to...
Indoor Allergens - Dust Mites at Home
How do you control dust mites at home? Do you clean frequently?Post View 2 Comments
Indoor Allergens - Cockroaches
What do you do to control cockroaches in your home?Post
Indoor Allergens - Pollens and Houseplants
Which houseplants have been a source of mold or allergens at your house?Post
Indoor Allergens - Pets
How do you deal with allergies caused by household pets? Have you ever had to give away a pet?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Asthma & Allergy Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Allergies: Mold and More:Battling Indoor Allergens
- Allergies, Control Your Spring
- Allergy Attacks? Fight Back
- Allergy: Winning the War Against Allergies
- Allergies- Easing Sneezing: House Cleaning Tips
- Runny Nose
Medications & Supplements
- fexofenadine, Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Children's Allegra, Mucinex Allergy
- cetirizine, Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy, Zyrtec Hives
- loratadine and pseudoephedrine (Alavert Allergy & Sinus, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 hour)
- fluticasone (Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief)
- Nasal Allergy Medications
- Nasal Decongestants
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Fight Indoor Pollution at Home
- Cured Meats Could Aggravate Asthma, Study Suggests
- Mice May Be Key to Kids' Asthma Attacks at School
- Clean Home May Help Keep Kids' Asthma in Check
- Easing Your Child's Allergies
- Tips for Managing Spring Allergies
- Cat, Dust Mite Allergies Linked to Childhood Asthma
- Spring Cleaning Helps Stave Off Allergy Symptoms: Experts
- Springtime Allergies More Severe, Last Longer Now, Experts Say
- House Dust Ingredient Linked to Allergic Asthma: Study
- The 10 Worst Places for Fall Allergies in 2012
- How Renting Instead of Owning Can Hurt Your Asthma
- Prenatal Exposure to Common Household Chemical Linked to Eczema
- Are Vacuum Cleaners Bad for Your Health?
- Get First Cat as Adult, Double Allergy Risk
- Extreme Weather Affects Indoor Air Quality
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies
- Dust Mite
- Allergy Proofing Your Home Quiz
- How to Create a Dust-Free Bedroom
- Pollen Allergy
- Blood Tests for Allergies
- Asthma/Allergy Childcare Setting Quiz
- Allergies and Carpet
- Asthma Trigger Checklist
- Allergy Health e-Tools
- Allergy & Asthma Tips for the Holidays
- 7 Symptoms of Allergies from Airborne Substances
- Seasonal Molds - The Facts
- Molds - Where Do They Grow?
- Allergy Quiz
- Animal Allergy, The Facts
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter