Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
- Your baby is more active. You might feel slight fluttering.
- Your baby is covered by fine, downy hair called lanugo (luh-NOO-goh) and a waxy coating called vernix. This protects the forming skin underneath.
- Eyebrows, eyelashes, fingernails, and toenails have formed. Your baby can even scratch itself.
- Your baby can hear and swallow.
- Now halfway through your pregnancy, your baby is about 6 inches long and weighs about 9 ounces.
Reviewed by William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR on August 21, 2009
Image Source: Petit Format / Photo Researchers, Inc.
Text: Womenshealth.gov - Healthy Pregnancy: Stages of Pregnancy