Patient Comments: Huntington's Disease - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with Huntington's disease in you or someone you know? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: K lee, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My husband has Huntington"s disease. He was not diagnosed until he was in his 50s. I think the first things I noticed was his anxiety when he didn"t want to talk about something, something in his eyes and the movement.

Comment from: Pat, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 27

Last week I lost my 2nd sister to this dreadful Huntington's disease, both died at the age of 49. My grandfather had it, 3 of my aunts, my father, and several cousins. We have buried 10 people in our family and counting. I understand exactly what people who know someone are dealing with, it is almost unbearable to watch. My hope is that they can stop it from affecting another generation. I think it needs more exposure because most people have never heard of it. Maybe somehow or someway that can happen through social media.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 11

I have recently been tested for Huntington's and the results came back negative. My mother died with the disease early in her life and was violent towards my sister and me. We were never told why she was like this. My sister died also at an early age and I feel so guilty sometimes why I have been spared from this awful disease. Hopefully one day there will be a cure for this disease.

Comment from: msdavis1968, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 24

I care for a 32-year-old woman who is saying that she is hearing voices. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this in a patient with Huntington's disease.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter