What is a mid-forehead brow lift?
A mid-forehead brow lift, commonly known as a brow lift, is a procedure that involves surgical correction of eyebrow sagging. It also helps:
- Eliminate the wrinkle lines that appear between the eyebrows.
- Restore youthful appearance by placing the eyebrow at the desired position.
Eyebrows and eyelids droop for various reasons:
- Overstretching of forehead, eyebrows and eyelids
- Facial paralysis
- Injury resulting in asymmetry
Complaints frequently noticed in people with eyebrow sagging are:
- Blurred vision due to baggy eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Visual appearance concerns
When is a brow lift done?
A brow lift is done for the following conditions:
- Vision disturbances
- Brow sagging for natural reasons
- Brow sagging as a result of facial paralysis
Patients with the following conditions require brow lifts as a special indication:
- Men who have significant forehead wrinkles
- Men with receding hairlines
Who shouldn’t undergo brow lift surgery?
How much does a brow lift cost?
The average cost of a brow lift is $3,623, according to 2018 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This average cost is only part of the total price – it does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses. It is advisable to consult your surgeon for a more accurate estimate, which will also depend on your medical history and pre-existing conditions.
How is brow lift surgery done?
Before the surgery
Patients should consider the following before undergoing surgery:
- Discuss with the physician their goals and expectations.
- Undergo medical and lab tests.
- Refrain from cigarette smoking.
- Stop certain medications such as Vitamin E, aspirin, and other anti-inflammatory medications a week before the surgery to prevent bruising or bleeding during surgery.
- Remove all makeup and jewelry before surgery.
During the surgery
The anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia.
The cosmetic surgeon
- Makes an incision in the forehead.
- Retracts the skin to access the muscle.
- Weakens the muscles to eliminate the crease or wrinkles.
- May remove the muscle completely.
- Closes the incision with sutures.
- Dresses the forehead, which may be removed and reapplied if necessary.
After the surgery
- Initial wound healing takes 10 to 14 days.
- Patients can return to work after 10 to 14 days.
- Patients need to keep their head elevated and restrict physical activity.
- Patients should not apply ice or heat compress to the operated area.
What should I expect after a brow lift surgery?
With advanced technology, the success rate has improved with minimal scarring. Complications such as facial nerve injury, blood loss, itching, scarring, and the inability to close the eyes completely (lagophthalmos) may occur. Most of the patients are satisfied with the immediate outcome. The incision and swelling will fade over time.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top How Much Does a Brow Lift Cost Related Articles
Brow Lift Cosmetic SurgeryA brow lift or forehead lift tightens the sagging skin in the forehead region. There are two methods of lifts: the classic lift and the endoscopic lift. Recovery from the brow lift procedure depends upon the method performed.
What Does a Pretrichial Brow Lift Do?A pretrichial brow lift is a surgical procedure to correct the loss of soft tissue elasticity in the upper third of the face. Excess sagging skin around the forehead causing drooping of the brows and wrinkling of the forehead is removed. Underlying muscle and tissue are repositioned, creating a more refreshed, youthful appearance in the upper third of the face. The pretrichial brow lift is usually performed by plastic surgeons. A pretrichial brow lift can also be combined with a facelift.
What Is Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery?A brow lift is an aesthetic surgical procedure to correct the loss of soft tissue elasticity in the upper third of the face. An endoscopic brow lift creates a more refreshed, youthful appearance in the upper third area of the face. It can also be combined with a facelift. A endoscopic brow lift is usually performed by a plastic surgeon.
WrinklesWrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure to the sun. Smoking, light skin type, hairstyle, the way you dress, your occupational and recreational habits, and heredity are all factors that promote wrinkling. Medical treatments for wrinkles include antioxidants, moisturizers, alpha-hydroxy acids, and vitamin A acid. Cosmetic procedures that treat wrinkles include dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, laser resurfacing, Botox, and fillers.
Reduce WrinklesLearn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments. Simple lifestyle changes can reduce wrinkles around the eyes, on the forehead, and around the mouth.