Several variables contribute to the pain of dropping the last 10 lbs. Most studies report that people who stick to the diet and exercise plan outlined below can drop the last 10 lbs in about 60 to 90 days.
- Reduce your sodium intake to 1,000 mg per day.
- Consume at least 80 ounces of water per day.
- Reduce your intake of processed foods.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Train for one hour at 85 percent of your maximal heart rate five times per week.
The last 5 to 10 lbs are the most difficult to lose because cortisol levels increase due to stress and everything in the body fights against the process. One of the best workouts is a mental jog to enjoy the process of creating a healthy new body so that it is a long-term event rather than a one-day event followed by a goal-crushing binge.
In other words, don't stress over your weight reduction; instead, accept the process with patience and, most importantly, create time for yourself to relax and recover.
6 common reasons why it is hard to lose last few pounds
Things frequently become more difficult as you near the finish line. Shedding the last pounds is frequently the most challenging element of an already arduous task. For starters, they don't come off as readily as they used to. You're no longer losing water weight.
Six common reasons why it is difficult to lose the last few pounds include:
- As you move closer to reaching your weight-loss goals, you lose weight, which means you burn fewer calories while you exercise and when you are at rest.
- Because your metabolism has changed as a result of your weight loss, you must exert more effort.
- When you're down to your last pounds, you have to work the hardest of all.
- Boring factor:
- With the constraints of your workout program, formula, and food, you're undoubtedly getting bored.
- Sticking to calorie limits, going to the gym even when you don't feel like it, and drinking all that water can become mind-numbing, especially when the end is near.
- You're fighting evolution:
- Our bodies evolved to send hunger and eating signals to build up and retain fat.
- As you've cut back on your eating, your brain collaborates with your hormones to do everything possible to urge you to eat more (more sugar, fat, and salt).
- Those remaining pounds will not come off without a physical and mental battle.
- Fewer compliments:
- When you initially started losing weight, the compliments came in thick and fast.
- However, over time the compliments may have decreased.
- Your determination to lose those remaining pounds must now come from within rather than others.
- Motivation is lower:
- Even you've grown accustomed to how you seem in the mirror and no longer exclaim when you notice how much better your jeans fit.
- Finding internal motivation becomes harder as you get closer to your goals.
- Feels less urgent:
- Finally, you may discover that the need to lose the last 10 lbs is less pressing, making actual weight loss more challenging.
In general, as you get thinner, losing weight becomes more difficult, and you'll have to pay more attention to elements that weren't as vital in the beginning.
12 tips to lose last 10 pounds
There isn't a quick fix. All of the following suggestions are long-term adjustments that most individuals have implemented in their lives.
Twelve tips to lose your last few pounds include:
- Drastically reduce or eliminate processed foods from the diet
- Reduce your sugar intake and do not give in to bingeing urges
- Ditch the soda/pop and sip water infused with mint or fennel
- Keep your exercise regimen simple but consistent
- Allow yourself to feel hungry
- Include more protein and fiber in your diet
- Keep portion sizes in check
- Sleep is a must at night irrespective of your schedule
- Lift weights
- Reduce snacking
- Walk more and drive less
- Have a cheat day or cheat diet but don’t overdo
Whether you want to lose 10 or 100 lbs of fat, the goal is the same. To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume.
With good nutrition and a sound workout routine, you can lose stubborn last pounds of fat. However, depending on where you started and what your goals are, you will almost certainly need to change your strategy on a regular basis to ensure sustained growth.
As you get closer to your goal, certain elements become more significant. Respect it, change it, and embrace it.
Losing the Last 10 Pounds: Why is it: https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/blog/1253/losing-the-last-10-pounds-why-is-it-so-hard/#:
Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds: https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/take-off-those-last-10-pounds
Top How Long Does It Take to Lose the Last 10 Pounds Related Articles
Are Bananas Good for Weight Loss?Bananas are a widely available, affordable, and versatile fruit that cause weight loss if taken in moderation to lose weight. However, it should be consumed as a snack rather than a full meal. Bananas are loaded with fiber. A crucial component of any weight loss diet is to understand that no single food has the power to make an individual gain or lose weight.
Diet Pills, Weight Loss Drugs, SuppressantsMaintaining a healthy weight is important because being overweight or underweight may lead to various health issues. Body mass index or BMI is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by the square of their height in meters.
Beat Belly FatCould your job be to blame for your belly fat? It might be, if it stresses you out. But there are a number of ways to get rid of it.
Cut Daily CaloriesWhen you want to lose weight, you’ll probably need to find a way to eat fewer calories. Try these tips to trim them from your diet without feeling hungry all the time.
Diet & Weight Loss: Reasons You're Not Losing Belly FatIf you're trying to lose belly fat but can't, there's probably a reason.
Do People Get Jealous of Your Weight Loss?You are so thrilled with your weight loss, and you might naturally expect that your friends and family will be equally happy. When you lose weight, you can trigger jealousy in others for a variety of reasons.
FastingFasting: It's simple and trending, though it's been around for thousands of years. Find out whether it might be a good option for you, and what the risks and benefits are.
Is Coconut Milk Good for Weight Loss?Coconut milk is a milky white fluid that is extracted from the flesh of mature coconuts. It has a slightly sweet and nutty taste that is liked by many. Coconut milk is one of the most preferred non-dairy milk substitutes, such as soy milk and almond milk.
Obesity and OverweightGet the facts on obesity and being overweight, including the health risks, causes, reviews of weight-loss diet plans, BMI chart, symptoms, causes, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, and medications.
The 10 Best Diet Plans For Weight LossDiet means a reduction in calorie intake. For the optimal management of overweight and obese patients, a combination of diet, exercise, and behavioral modifications may be helpful. Weight loss is directly related to the difference between the individual’s energy intake and energy expenditure.
Weight Loss Pills and Supplements: Do They Work?A bodyweight over the healthy limit is associated with several health conditions, such as diabetes, heart diseases, and certain cancers. According to health experts, long-term weight loss can be safely attained by making healthy lifestyle changes like healthy eating patterns, limiting calorie intake, and doing regular physical activity. Many people, however, are not able to make these healthy lifestyle changes.
Weight Loss QuizAre you trying to lose weight? Take this quiz to see what you can add to routine to get on the right track for results!
Weight Loss Surgery QuizWhat happens after weight loss surgery? What should you eat? Take this quiz to learn about bariatric surgery. Are you a candidate?
What Are the Most Effective Tips in Weight Loss?If you want to lose weight, you may have been told to count calories. The most effective tips for weight loss include eating well, exercising regularly, and altering your lifestyle to achieve your goals.
What Is the Best Prescription Weight Loss Pill?Many weight loss pills are available in the market. The best prescription pill for you depends on your weight loss goals, your tolerability to the pill prescribed and your coexisting health conditions, if any.
What Is the Best Weight Loss Plan for Seniors?Persistent goals and making small adjustments in lifestyle and diet are the best weight loss plans for seniors.