Egg yolk on hair
Beautiful, shiny, lustrous hair! The thought itself makes the heart smile. A bad hair day can ruin mood instantly. The ever-growing hair care industry is the undeniable proof of the ceaseless concerns for healthy and beautiful hair. Hair thinning and dullness can be a concern for anyone, regardless of age and gender. With modernization, lives have become busier and more dependent on readymade and chemical-laden products. This along with the growing stress and pollution has taken a toll on the overall health, including the health of the hair.
When it comes to hair, everyone wishes to use the safest and most natural remedies. One of the most popular natural ingredients is the egg. Several egg-containing masks can be easily made at home to add that extra beauty to the hair. However, before fighting bad hair woes with eggs, it is essential to know hair loss or poor hair texture may not be a mere superficial issue. Many times, the problem may lie deep within the body. Some of the reasons for excessive hair loss include
- Hereditary causes
- Hormonal changes (for example in pregnancy, PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroidism)
- Nutritional deficiencies (such as iron deficiency anemia, lack of adequate proteins in the diet and vitamin deficiencies)
- Certain medications (such as medicines for high blood pressure or high cholesterol)
- Inflammatory diseases affecting the scalp (such as eczema and psoriasis)
- Tying the hair too tightly
- Using harsh hair products and frequently heat styling of the hair
Consulting a doctor to manage hair loss better and treat the underlying health issues is prudent. Furthermore, more than applying eggs to the hair, eating eggs and other nutritive foods is also extremely important. The hair needs nutrition from within. Thus, well-nourishment will show on the hair too. Hence, for beautiful hair, include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts and protein (including eggs) in the diet. Besides being rich in protein, eggs also give vitamin B, especially biotin. Vitamin B is needed to keep the hair healthy and strong. Ensuring to manage stress with relaxing activities, such as exercise and meditation, and adequate sleep also goes a long way.
If taking care of nutritional needs and sleep properly, adding the following safe and natural home remedies containing eggs will also help strengthen and beautify hair further:
- Egg and yogurt hair mask: This hair mask can be made by mixing egg, yogurt and honey in a bowl. Whisk them well to a creamy texture and apply them on wet hair. Wash the hair after 30 minutes to an hour. This will make the hair smooth, voluminous and lustrous.
- Egg yolk and olive oil hair mask: Mix one egg yolk, one tablespoon olive oil and half a tablespoon honey in a bowl. If the mixture is too thick, add a little coconut milk to it. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 45 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water. This hair mask will take care of the split ends and make the hair voluminous and shiny.
- Egg yolk and aloe vera hair pack: Mix one egg yolk, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and half a teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Lemon juice helps keep away dandruff. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water. This hair mask helps to make the hair smooth and silky.
- Egg white and olive oil hair mask: This mask is especially beneficial for those who have a very oily scalp. Using egg white instead of egg yolk helps take away the unnecessary greasiness from the hair, leaving the hair healthy and nourished. For this hair mask mix one egg white, one tablespoon olive oil and half a tablespoon honey in a bowl. Apply this mixture to the hair and leave for 45 minutes. Rinse the hair with cold or lukewarm water.
- Egg yolk and fenugreek hair mask: Soak half a cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Blend them well in the morning using a blender. Take around two to 3three tablespoons of this paste and egg yolk in a bowl and mix. Apply the mixture to the scalp. Wash it after 20 to 30 minutes. This will help strengthen the hair and add to its luster.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
WebMD. Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/ss/slideshow-foods-healthy-hair
Top How Do I Use Egg Yolk on My Hair? Related Articles
Effective Ways to Stop Hair Loss in MenHair loss is one of the common problems in men. There could be many causes of hair loss that include diet, mineral deficiency, medications, stress, pollution, and genetics.
Eggs: 6 Easy WaysIn moderation, eggs are nutrient-rich and healthy. Learn about eating eggs in moderation as part of a healthy diet and try these easy recipes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Benefits of EggsEggs have gotten a bad rap in some circles. Yes, they do have some cholesterol and fat. But they also have loads of nutrients and protein. Learn more about the health benefits of eggs.
Do Hair Growth Vitamins Work?Vitamins or herbal supplements for hair growth are often used to promote healthy hair growth and regrowth. If there is hair loss or hair damage associated with a serious nutritional deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals, hair growth supplements can help with hair growth or regrowth.
Hair Loss (Alopecia)There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata, trichotillomania, and tinea capitis), telogen effluvium, and androgenetic alopecia (male-pattern baldness, female-pattern baldness).
How Can I Get Healthy Hair Naturally?Hair has always been a significant aspect of beauty standards. Luscious and shiny locks have been considered ideal beauty for ages. Have you always dreamt of having that bouncy and voluminous hair seen in the advertisements? If so, this dream can turn into reality by following a proper hair care routine.
How Can I Make My Hair Soft and Silky?The signs of healthy hair include thick, soft, and shiny hair. Having silky hair is something not every person is born with. Your hair may become dry and brittle if your diet is not healthy or if you use hair products that are not meant for your hair type.
How Can I Remove Facial Hair Permanently at Home?Most women are bothered by unwanted facial hair and look for permanent options to get rid of it. The only advanced technique for hair removal that can permanently remove facial hair is electrolysis. Some of the methods that you can try for facial hair removal at home include shaving, waxing, depilatory creams, prescription medications and homemade masks.
How Can I Treat My Hair Fall at Home?Treating hair loss at home involves understanding the potential reason for the hair fall or hair thinning.
How Do You Treat Dry Damaged Hair at Home?Dry and frizzy hair is the most common problem faced by women across the world. Harsh winters and chemical products for hair and heat styling can be the culprits in damaging the hair. To check for the moisture content of the hair, take a dry strand of hair and gently pull both ends to stretch it.
How Long Do Hair Supplements Take to Work?Hair growth vitamins or herbal supplements are often used to promote healthy hair growth and regrowth. Taking hair growth supplements does not produce results overnight; it usually takes a long time (one to five years) to see results.
Men's Hair Loss: Treatments and SolutionsReceding hairlines, thinning, bald spots -- learn to prevent further hair loss and make the most of what you've got. WebMD shows you solutions from hair products to surgery."
Foods for Healthy HairTop foods for healthy hair include salmon, green vegetables, beans, nuts, poultry, eggs, whole grains, oysters, low-fat dairy products, and carrots. Foods for healthy hair supply protein, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals.
What Are the Best Ways to Get Thicker Hair?Hair loss and damage can occur due to genetic tendency for baldness, hormones (pregnancy), medications (cancer medication) and other medical illnesses (stress, thyroid disease or autoimmune diseases). Home remedies for thicker hair include massaging the scalp with oil, using minoxidil, applying hair masks or aloe vera, eating a balanced diet or taking hair growth supplements and nutrients.