Lose face fat and jawline
Losing weight in a specific area can be challenging. According to the experts, spot reduction of facial fat is not possible. You need to focus on the overall weight loss rather than targeting a specific area. Making certain lifestyle changes can help you lose weight and achieve a slender face. If the cost is not a concern, cosmetic surgery can improve your jawline look.
Read about 9 different tips that can help lose face fat and jawline. How do you lose facial fat after pregnancy?
How do you lose facial fat after pregnancy?
For new mommies, who wish to lose facial fat, you can try out these methods to lose facial fat:
- Breastfeed your child often to lose pregnancy fat. When you breastfeed, the fat cells stored in the body are utilized to fuel milk production.
- Choose lean protein such as chicken breast, turkey, and tofu to prevent fluid retention. Fluid retention can be a major cause of chubby cheeks.
- Avoid food with high sodium: Sodium-rich foods can lead to water retention in the body, making you look chubby. It is always a smart idea to cut down sodium consumption while breastfeeding.
9 Tips to lose face fat and jawline
Here are 9 tips to lose face fat and jawline.
1. Perform facial exercises regularly
Performing facial exercises regularly can uplift your facial appearance of thick scars. It can be used to loosen up and lessen the appearance of a tight scar. Besides, it improves the blood flow to the face and increases muscle strength. Some of the popular facial exercises include
- Smile exercise: Hold a big smile while clenching your teeth for a few seconds
- Cheek puff exercise: Hold the air in your mouth by pushing your cheeks out. Move the air from one side to other
- Lip exercises: Pucker your lips in the middle and then move your pucker from side to side
- Exercises to strengthen the jaw muscle: Stretch your neck out and press your tongue to
There isn’t enough evidence to prove the effectiveness of facial exercises for fat loss specifically. To date, only one study has found the efficiency of facial exercises in toning the facial muscle.
2. Hydrate yourself frequently
It is essential to drink sufficient water for your overall health as well as to lose facial fat. Studies have shown that drinking water before meals can keep you feeling full and enhance weight loss. The calories consumed during the meal are significantly reduced.
Other research reveals that drinking water may temporarily elevate your metabolism. Drinking water can reduce fluid retention to prevent bloating and swelling over your face.
3. Get more rest and sleep
- Studies have shown that lack of sleep can disturb certain hormone levels related to hunger and satiety.
- Lack of sleep can promote the levels of the hormone ghrelin (which stimulates appetite) and promote binges.
- It may also suppress the levels of the hormone leptin (associated with fullness) and lead to stress eating.
- Thus, adequate sleep can help prevent weight gain and decrease facial fat.
4. Reduce salt consumption
The sodium present in table salt causes water retention. Excess sodium intake can cause swelling and puffiness in various parts of the body, including the face. Facial puffiness may give you an impression of excess facial fat.
Hence, it is important for people who tend to retain more water to avoid extra salt consumption or avoid food with high salt content.
5. Incorporate a balanced diet
Diet rich in processed food and refined carbohydrates increases the risk of gaining excess fat.
- Processed foods have been ripped off with nutrition, vitamin, mineral, and fiber.
- White rice, white bread, and food products made of refined flour are easily broken down by the body, leading to rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels after meals. So, it is important to accommodate healthier options.
- Try eating fresh, whole foods and exercise regularly to reduce excess fat in the face and body.
- Fruits and vegetables are not only low-calorie and fiber-rich foods but also loaded with various nutrients and antioxidants that help your body get rid of toxins and build immunity.
6. Limit alcohol consumption
It is known that alcohol can create various health problems when taken in excess. It would lead the body to retain more water in the body. Some research also suggests that alcohol suppresses the hormone leptin, which can cause binge eating.
7. Eat more fiber
Often extra fat on the face is due to excess body fat. As it is impossible to lose weight in a
specific area, overall weight loss should be the goal of the person. Increasing fiber intake has
known to help lose weight. Fiber is slowly absorbed by the body and moves slowly through the
digestive tract, thereby leaving the person satiated for a long time. Including fiber in your diet
also prevents unnecessary cravings. The ideal intake of fiber should be about 20 to 35 grams
Some of the high-fiber foods are as follows:
- Fruits like pears, avocados, and berries
- Vegetables like artichokes, kale, and parsnips
- Starches like sweet potatoes and squash
- Legumes like lentils, peas, and beans
- Whole grains like buckwheat and oatmeal
Hence, increasing fiber intake can help to lose face fat and enhance the jawline.
8. Indulging in cardio exercises
Cardio exercises are known to boost your metabolism and promote weight loss. Studies have
shown that women engaging in cardio exercises are more likely to lose weight. Get 150-300
minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise every week for optimal weight loss. Cardio exercises
9. Opt for a cosmetic surgery
If nothing else helps, a plastic surgeon can perform procedures like CoolSculping or chin tuck for the jawline.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Thornton SN. Increased Hydration Can Be Associated With Weight Loss. Front Nutr. 2016;3:18. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4901052/
Traversy G, Chaput JP. Alcohol Consumption and Obesity: An Update. Curr Obes Rep. 2015;4(1):122-130. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4338356/
Top How Do I Lose Face Fat and Jawline? Related Articles
FaceliftA face lift is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excess facial skin to promote a more youthful appearance. Potential complications of the procedure include
- asymmetry, and
- loss of muscle function or sensation.
Facial Health: What Your Skin and Face Symptoms Can Reveal About YouWhat medical problems appear on your face? Look into the mirror and find out. Jaundice, glaucoma, skin cancer, and cracked lips are just some of the many health conditions with symptoms that show on your face. Learn to spot common face conditions and safeguard your family’s health.
How Can I Treat My Face Naturally?A good skin is a combination of genetics, good skin care regime, and healthy diet habits. Pollution, excess caffeine, and processed foods wreak havoc on the skin and result in acne, pigmentation marks, and wrinkles.
How Do You Lose Face Fat?While staying fit and healthy is a universal concern, face fat is something that bothers people the most. In the modern era of selfies and Instagram, looks have become a greater priority. People prefer to have a lean face. However, before you conclude that a chubby face is just because of fat deposition, you must know that many times, it may not be fat that makes the face look that way.
How Long Does an SMAS Facelift Last?A facelift is a type of cosmetic surgery to provide a younger, firmer appearance to your face. Superficial musculo aponeurotic system (SMAS) is the group of facial muscles and tissues that tend to become saggy with aging.
Boost Your MetabolismLosing weight by increasing your metabolism is challenging. There are many metabolism myths and only a few surefire tricks to get your body to shed unwanted pounds. Learn whether caffeine, water, weight lifting, or anything else can be useful in boosting metabolism for weight loss.
How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss TipsHere are the best ways to lose weight. From calories to fitness, learn these weight loss tips and win your battle with losing weight.
Weight Loss Challenges: Why Can't I Lose Weight?Finding it difficult to lose weight? It’s a hard thing to do, and there are some surprising reasons you may not be losing weight as quickly as you hope. From sleep cycles to calorie counts, health food fakers to prescription drugs, learn many of the stumbling blocks that can prevent you from reaching your health goals.
What Is the Best Face Moisturizer?The primary function of a moisturizer is that it should lock-in the moisture, keeping your skin smooth and hydrated.
Which Way Should You Face Your Bed? Rules for a Better SleepThere is a lack of convincing scientific evidence to say that you should face your bed in a “particular” way or direction. However, as per the ancient Chinese practice, feng shui, you should face your headboard toward the south.