Increase Pregnancy Chance
You and your partner in a good state of health, both mentally and physically, is the first requisite
You and your partner in a good state of health, both mentally and physically, is the first requisite for increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Making healthy choices, such as regular physical activity, healthy diet, and stress-relieving activities may increase your chances to get pregnant and have a healthy baby thereafter. You must not be disheartened if you are not able to conceive in the first year of trying as many couples conceive in their second year of planning a pregnancy.
Some of the following tips may help you get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy:
- Maintaining a healthy weight: If you or your partner are overweight/obese or underweight, your chances of getting pregnant may be affected. Being overweight or underweight can affect your periods. It can make you get irregular periods or no periods at all. Thus, affecting your ability to conceive. A healthy weight means that your BMI (body mass index) falls between 18.5 and 24.9. A BMI below 18.5 means you are underweight while having a BMI over 24.9 means that you are overweight. Regular exercise and a healthy diet can help you achieve a healthy weight. You can take the help of your doctor to know how you can achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Go for a pre-conception checkup: Before you conceive, it is advisable to consult your doctor. They will screen you for any infections or other health conditions and provide the necessary treatment. Many conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, and asthma, may affect your chances of getting pregnant. Your doctor will help you manage them so that you have a safe and healthy pregnancy. They may also prescribe certain vitamins, such as folic acid, to prevent the baby against birth defects like spina bifida.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking as well as being exposed to passive smoking can decrease fertility in both men and women. It can also harm the baby. Health experts recommend that women who are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant should completely avoid alcohol. Alcohol consumption can decrease the chances of conceiving and can cause various birth defects in the baby.
- Know your menstrual cycle: Knowing your menstrual cycle will help you know the days when you are most likely to get pregnant. In a typical menstrual cycle of around 28 days, ovulation happens on the 14th day. There are about 6 days in each menstrual cycle when you are most likely to conceive. Since different women have different length of menstrual cycles, ask your doctor to guide you about your fertile days.
- Lie in bed for some time after intercourse: Experts suggest that lying in the bed for 10 to 15 minutes after intercourse can increase your chances of getting pregnant. You do not need to raise your legs to put your feet up since the pelvis does not move when you raise legs. Avoid going to the bathroom during this period. Although there is no prescribed ‘best position’ to conceive, having intercourse while sitting or standing may prevent the sperms from moving up your cervix for fertilization and eventual conception.
- Practice stress-reducing activities: Stress can affect ovulation and your chances of getting pregnant. It can also contribute to stress-related medical conditions, such as high blood pressure and heart diseases, which can complicate your pregnancy. Practice stress-reducing activities, such as meditation, walking, or pursuing hobbies like reading and listening to music. Do not stress about trying too hard to get pregnant. Consult your doctor and let the process take its natural time.
- Have a healthy lifestyle: Eat healthily and perform regular exercises. Do not try to do more exercise than what is safe and healthy for you. Losing or gaining a lot of weight can also affect your chances of getting pregnant.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top How Can I Increase My Chances of Getting Pregnant? Related Articles
15 Early Signs That You May Be PregnantSymptoms might vary from woman to woman. Not all women experience the same symptoms during pregnancy.
Can I Get Pregnant Shortly After My Period?Getting pregnant just after your period is unlikely, but it’s not impossible. However, the chances of getting pregnant are low right after the periods compared to a few days or a week in the menstrual cycle.
How Soon Can I Take A Pregnancy Test After a Missed Period?You may take a pregnancy test as soon as you miss a period or if your period is late. You would know the date of your missed period if your periods are regular. If your periods are irregular, or you do not have periods for some reason, you can do a pregnancy test at least three weeks after having sexual intercourse.
When Can You Find Out How Many Weeks Pregnant You Are?A woman can find out how many weeks pregnant she is at any time during pregnancy. There are several ways to calculate how many weeks pregnant a woman is and the estimated due date or estimated date of delivery (EDD). Some ways are more accurate than others.
Am I Pregnant QuizWhat are early pregnancy symptoms? In some women, symptoms range from a missed period to feeling lightheaded. Others may experience typical "morning sickness" and food cravings. Could you be pregnant? Take the quiz!
Exercise & PregnancyPregnancy exercises and workouts for moms-to-be include Kegel exercises and prenatal yoga. A prenatal workout is an important part of healthy living. Try these safe exercises for pregnancy.
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and SignsPregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience pregnancy symptoms they may include symptoms include missed menstrual period, mood changes, headaches, lower back pain, fatigue, nausea, breast tenderness, and heartburn. Signs and symptoms in late pregnancy include leg swelling and shortness of breath. Options for relief of pregnancy symptoms include exercise, diet, and other lifestyle changes.
Getting Pregnant (Tips for Trying to Conceive)Trying to get conceive, or become pregnant can be challenging, frustrating, and an emotional rollercoaster for some couples. A couple can chart their progress, which may ultimately lead to a successful healthy pregnancy, or, when necessary, lead to discussions with a fertility specialist.
What Are the Signs of Ovulation in a Woman?Ovulation is the release of a mature egg or ovum from the ovary. The ovum is released from the ovary and it travels to the tube-like structures called the fallopian tubes. Ovulation generally occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle. Some of the ways that tell you are ovulating are by measuring basal body temperature, observing a change in cervical mucus, testing hormone levels, performing a transvaginal ultrasound or by observing other signs.
Pregnant? Don't Eat ThisDo you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip, lunch meat, coffee and more.