Patient Comments: Homocysteine - Lowering Levels

What supplements or other lifestyle changes have you found effective in lowering your elevated homocysteine levels? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kevin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I found that methyl folate lowered my homocysteine levels from 27 to 14 in 6 weeks.

Comment from: Andy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

My homocysteine levels were through the roof four years after my heart attack and stent implant. I changed my lifestyle to a totally raw vegan and found myself an amazing holistic doctor who within 10 minutes asked what my homocysteine levels were when I had my heart attack. Six years on I don't take any heart medication and have replaced them with a vegan lifestyle and regular B12, B6, and B9, plus folic acid. I've also learnt about my body and make my own medical choices.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter