Patient Comments: Histoplasmosis - Signs and Symptoms

If you were diagnosed with histoplasmosis, at what point did you show symptoms? What were they? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kedlund, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I had fevers at about 104 and a dry nonproductive cough. Nothing showed on my x-rays but they saw it very well on CT scan. Took them 3 days to diagnose histoplasmosis.

Comment from: AliMarie3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I work with horses at a ranch I volunteer at. After showing a couple at our local fair about a week later I became extremely tired and slept for days along with severe edema in my hands and legs. I figured out I probably got exposed to histoplasmosis that fair week because I stayed in a stable all week so the horses were not alone. I had extreme edema in my hands and legs, swollen lymph nodes throughout my body and could sleep for days.

Comment from: kitt3nz, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had two masses growing in my parotid gland. I just recently had them removed and when they tested the mass it came back with positive for histoplasmosis.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter