Patient Comments: Hip Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with hip pain. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Judith, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

Four years ago I attempted suicide by jumping in front of a train. Now I am having real bad pain on my left side hip. The pain seems as if it is getting worse. When I stand or sit too long or make an attempt to get up I have to grab my side to keep from falling. The pain is real sharp. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Don, 45-54 (Patient) Published: September 25

My right hip feels like it is in the joint, not on top of the hip. I have more severe pain after a hard/fast run/interval or hill repeats. It tends to ease after a week of the above, even when still running but slowly. Cycling has no impact on it at all.

Comment from: Jemma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I have recently been having hip pain after walking for about 20 minutes. I then have to sit and the pain goes.

Comment from: Bal Dhungel, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

When I was 16 or 17 I slipped and fell down and I got severe pain on my knee. Then I just massaged it and I used some ointment like Iodex then I recovered from the pain in 15 20 days. After that it used to pain sometimes when I walk for 3 or 4 hours. I used to do simple exercises at home which helped to relieve the pain. After many years now I'm 46, I joined the gym and by 2 days severe pain started in my hip. I did simple 4 or 5 warm up exercises like cycling, walking on the treadmill, twisting, weights, and back stretching; simple, there was no any pain in my body. But on the 3rd morning when I woke up I couldn't stand because there was severe pain deep inside the lower leg, upper leg and hip. After that I went to a local expert message man, and after three days the pain was same. Then I went to an Ayurveda clinic, the doctor checked me and asked me to join 7 days therapy, acupuncture and oil messages. The doctor prescribed me 5 different medicine for my nerves, but till now I have the same severe pain. I am looking for any option without operation. The x-ray report says there is deep compression of nerves.

Comment from: SJC, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have very painful problems with my shoulders and hips. I am awakened every night with the shoulder I am sleeping on hurting, therefore I turn over. Then I am awakened by the severe pain in my right hip. The pain is so bad that it hurts for hours after I get up. I got up last night at 4:30 AM and 6 AM for an Advil for pain.

Comment from: Hurtin sleeper, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have hip pain when trying to sleep at night.

Comment from: White triangle, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I had hip replacement in 2001. Only just 3 months back severe hip pain started. Some medication and cold treatment were taken. After 45 days treatment now it is normal and there is no hip pain.

Comment from: Mars, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I have had hip replacement and 2 hip revisions on the same hip. I was doing well for about a year and now I'm hurting bad when I walk. I wonder if there could be something wrong.

Comment from: Hazel Ward, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 30

My right hip hurts all the time. My doctor has given me injections but they last for a short time. Sometimes I can hardly walk. It is getting almost unbearable.

Comment from: donald, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

It hurt when I get up from sitting and walk. The pain is in both hips.

Comment from: pabritt, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I have had hip pain for over 3 years and it has become worse with time.

Comment from: SHADRACK, Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I was knocked at the hip by a car 5/11/2002 and up till now the pain is still there.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter