Patient Comments: High Blood Pressure - Causes

Do you know if genetic factors, high salt intake, or arterial stiffness caused your high blood pressure? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Babs, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

My heart doctor said I have a 50 percent blockage in my kidney and the only sign to know if it is getting more blocked is that your blood pressure goes up and nothing helps it.

Comment from: Jean, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

I believe that my high blood pressure was caused by stress. The reason I feel this way is because I used to suffer from low blood pressure. My mother was placed in hospice and I brought her home. Two weeks after she passed away, my blood pressure skyrocketed to 176/117! Now, I must take blood pressure medication to keep it normal.

Comment from: Sri, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 17

I am hypertensive without medication always at 170/110. Mine is hereditary and heavy smoking (20 sticks per day). Currently I am on hydrochlorothiazide 40 mg 1 pill in the morning. My blood pressure reads 130/90 on medication.

Comment from: nanjo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

My mother had a non-functioning kidney (birth defect) that was found to be the cause of her high blood pressure.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter