High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million people in the US have hypertension (1 in 3 adults), and only half of them are able to manage it. Many people do not know that they have high blood pressure because it often has no has no warning signs or symptoms.
Systolic and diastolic are the two readings in which blood pressure is measured. The American College of Cardiology released new guidelines for high blood pressure in 2017. The guidelines now state that blood normal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. If either one of those numbers is higher, you have high blood pressure.
The American Academy of Cardiology defines high blood pressure slightly differently. The AAC considers 130/80 mm Hg. or greater (either number) stage 1 hypertension. Stage 2 hypertension is considered 140/90 mm Hg. or greater.
REFERENCE: CDC. High Blood Pressure. Updated: Nov 13, 2017.Read more: High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood pressure. Read about high blood...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Causes
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Hypertension
High blood pressure, defined as a repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a systolic pressure above 140...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Picture of Cholesterol
Cholesterol carried in particles of low density (LDL cholesterol) is referred to as the "bad" cholesterol because elevated levels...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
High blood pressure puts you at risk for a number of other conditions. Here's what to look out for....
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D...
Sugar Addiction Facts: Cravings, Hidden Sugar, and More in Pictures
Learn about sugar addiction to see why we often crave sweets and binge on carbs. Learn how sugar affects the brain and get tips...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Physical Exam: Why Does Your Doctor Do That?
Your physical exam is when you need your doctor's expert help. Your health depends on it. Learn how doctors spot high blood...
Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting Medications
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
The Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Related Disease Conditions
Kidney Pain (Location, Symptoms, Relief)
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, kidney stones, and less common...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Kidney Failure (Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Causes, Treatment, and Life Expectancy)
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...
Genetic Disease (List, Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Prognosis)
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Uterine Fibroids (Benign Tumors of the Uterus)
Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors in the womb (uterus). Most uterine fibroids do not cause symptoms; however, if...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Kidney Stones (nephrolithiasis)
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...
Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs in Women and Men
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
E. coli (0157:H7) (Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention)
There are many types of E. coli (Escherichia coli). E. coli can cause urinary tract and bladder infections, or lead to sepsis. E...
Gout (Gouty Arthritis)
Buildup of uric acid crystals in a joint causes gouty arthritis. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, swelling, heat, and...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Brain aneurysm (cerebral aneurysm) is caused by microscopic damage to artery walls, infections of the artery walls, tumors,...
Encephalopathy means brain disease, damage, or malfunction. Causes of encephalopathy are varied and numerous. The main symptom of...
A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke caused when an artery bursts in the brain, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding...
Low Potassium (Hypokalemia)
Potassium is an essential electrolyte necessary for cell function. Low potassium (hypokalemia) may be caused by diarrhea,...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Turner syndrome is an inherited chromosomal condition affecting women. Women with Turner syndrome do not have ovarian function,...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
High Blood Sugar (Glucose, Hyperglycemia)
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Angiomyolipomas are noncancerous tumors that are typically found in the kidney, but may occur in the liver, ovary, colon, or...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
There are four major types of thyroid cancer: papillary, follicular, medullary, and anaplastic thyroid cancer. Tumors on the...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)
Peyronie's disease or curvature of the penis (Peyronie disease) is a condition in which scar tissue develops inside the penis....
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), also known by the name Stein-Leventhal syndrome, is a hormonal problem that causes women to...
Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue. It is characterized by the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
Reduction of the sense of smell is termed hyposmia. Total inability to detect odors is termed anosmia. Smell disorders have many...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow and how abnormal they look under a...
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Carotid Artery Disease
The term carotid artery disease refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries and can also be called carotid stenosis. Fatty...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Autism Spectrum Disorder (In Children and Adults)
Autism in children and adults is a developmental disorder, characterized by impaired development in communication, social...
Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder of the parathyroid glands. There are two types of hyperparathyroidism, primary and secondary....
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
In the United States diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Diabetes and Eye Problems
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems...
Hypertensive Kidney Disease
High blood pressure can damage the kidneys and is one of the leading causes of kidney failure (end-stage renal kidney disease)....
Enjoying a healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. A good diet also helps to: control celiac disease, control diabetes,...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is characterized by numerous cysts in the kidneys. Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Vascular disease includes any condition that affects your circulatory system. Vascular disease ranges from diseases of your...
Kidney dysplasia is a condition in which one or both of a baby's kidneys do not develop normally. In kidney dysplasia, cysts...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer that usually afflicts children under 5 years of age. The cancer forms in the adrenal glands,...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
Compulsive Overeating vs. Binge Eating Disorder
Compulsive overeating is eating more than needed. Binge eating disorder involves recurrent episodes of compulsive eating, even...
Ecstasy (MDMA), Rohypnol, ketamine and GHB are a few of the different types of drugs abused at bars, raves and parties. Rohypnol...
Coma is the inability to waken or react to the surrounding environment. The Glasgow Coma Scale is frequently used to measure the...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Local ResourcesFind a local Internist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Blurred Vision
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Enlarged Heart
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Proteinuria (Protein in the Urine)
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- High Blood Pressure FAQs
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Stress: Meditation May Reduce Stress and Improve Health
- Hypnosis In Medicine
- Blood Pressure - Low-Fat Diet, Fruits & Veggies!
- Drugs Distributed On The Internet Without Controls
- Heart Failure ... Old Drug, New Therapy
- Heart Disease & Stroke - Progress
- High Blood Pressure: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Inherited High Blood Pressure in a Teenager
- Erectile Dysfunction Drugs: Drug Interactions
- ARBs & ACE Inhibitors...Powerful Blood Pressure Treatment
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- Hypertension In The Elderly - Deserves More Attention
- Salt, DASH, High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Health Literacy Lacking in the US
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Being Overweight Doesn't Mean You're Unhealthy!
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- Does Blood Pressure Change Depending on Your Position?
- What Are the Side Effects of Cardura (doxazosin)?
- What Does Hypertension Urgency Mean?
- Are Home Blood Pressure Readings Reliable?
- What Is the Difference Between ACE Inhibitors and A Beta Blockers?
- Scleroderma Symptoms and Signs
- Evaluating Treatments and Supplements
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms
- Grapefruit Juice and Drug Interactions
- Nosebleeds: First Aid
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Pain Relievers and High Blood Pressure
- Folic Acid: The Benefits for Women
- Annual Physical Exam
- Stroke Symptoms
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
- Blood Pressure Elevation Established as Risk for Kidney Failure
Medications & Supplements
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- High Blood Pressure Drugs (Hypertension)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- furosemide (Lasix)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- clonidine - oral, Catapres
- spironolactone - oral, Aldactone
- minoxidil - oral, Loniten
- indapamide - oral, Lozol
- verapamil extended-release capsule - oral, Verelan
- trandolapril - oral, Mavik
- lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Prinzide, Zestoretic
- candesartan - oral, Atacand
- verapamil - oral, Calan, Isoptin
- quinapril - oral, Accupril
- labetalol - oral, Normodyne, Trandate
- diltiazem sustained-action - oral, Tiazac
- fosinopril - oral, Monopril
- nifedipine sustained-action - oral, Adalat CC
- furosemide solution- oral, Lasix
- diltiazem 24-hour sustained-action capsule - oral, Cardizem CD
- propranolol - oral, Inderal
- diltiazem extended-release tablet in capsule - oral, Dilacor XR
- lisinopril - oral, Prinivil, Zestril
- irbesartan - oral, Avapro
- losartan - oral, Cozaar
- amlodipine - oral, Norvasc
- clonidine - transdermal, Catapres-TTS
- terazosin - oral, Hytrin
- hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Microzide
- nifedipine sustained-release - oral, Procardia XL
- amlodipine/benazepril - oral, Lotrel
- diltiazem 12-hour sustained-action capsule - oral, Cardizem SR
- enalapril - oral, Vasotec
- losartan/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Hyzaar
- felodipine extended-release - oral, Plendil
- bumetanide - oral, Bumex
- tamsulosin capsule - oral, Flomax
- ramipril - oral, Altace
- nicardipine sustained-action capsule - oral, Cardene SR
- benazepril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Lotensin HCT
- carvedilol - oral, Coreg
- nicardipine capsule - oral, Cardene
- atenolol - oral, Tenormin
- metoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Lopressor HCT
- captopril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Capozide
- diltiazem extended-release tablet - oral, Cardizem LA
- metoprolol - oral, Lopressor
- valsartan - oral, Diovan
- verapamil extended-release - oral, Calan SR, Isoptin SR
- clonidine/chlorthalidone - oral, Combipres
- furosemide - injection
- potassium extended-release dispersible tablet - oral, K-Dur, Klor-Con M
- captopril - oral, Capoten
- metoprolol extended-release - oral, Toprol XL
- nisoldipine (8.5, 17, 25.5, or 34 mg) sustained action - oral, Sular
- telmisartan - oral, Micardis
- furosemide - oral, Lasix
- doxazosin - oral, Cardura
- metolazone - oral, Zaroxolyn
- benazepril - oral, Lotensin
- propranolol s.r. - oral, Inderal LA
- Birth Control Pills (List of Oral Contraceptives and Side Effects)
- propranolol extended-release - oral, Innopran XL
- acetaminophen/antihistamine - oral
- triamterene/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Dyazide, Maxzide
- terazosin capsule - oral, Hytrin
- losartan (Cozaar)
- Thiazides (Diuretics)
- NITROGLYCERIN-INJECTION, Nitro-Bid, Tridil
- BETA BLOCKERS-ORAL
- METOPROLOL EXTENDED RELEASE-ORAL
- ENALAPRILAT-INJECTABLE, Vasotec IV
- Losartan vs. Valsartan (Differences between Side Effects and Uses)
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- coenzyme q10, ubiquinone, ubidecarenone
- irbesartan (Avapro)
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- amlodipine (Norvasc)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- valsartan, Diovan
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- candesartan cilexetil, Atacand
- losartan and hydrochlorothiazide (Hyzaar)
- carvedilol (Coreg)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- telmisartan, Micardis
- ramipril (Altace)
- prazosin (Minipress)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- passion flower (Passiflora incarnata, Apricot Vine, Passion Vine, Water Lemon, and many others)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- captopril (Capoten)
- labetalol, Normodyne, Trandate
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril)
- triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- garlic (allium sativum l.) - oral
- phenylephrine hydrochloride (NeoSynephrine, Neofrin)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge)
- nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat, Afeditab)
- chlorthalidone (Thalitone)
- doxazosin mesylate (Cardura)
- bisoprolol, Zebeta
- felodipine (Plendil)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- guanfacine (Intuniv, Tenex)
- enalapril (Vasotec, Epaned)
- terazosin (Hytrin)
- methyldopa (Aldomet)
- amlodipine/atorvastatin - oral, Caduet
- trandolapril, Mavik
- perindopril - oral, Aceon
- Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- quinapril, Accupril
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Zestoretic, Prinzide
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki)
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- reserpine - oral
- metolazone (Zaroxolyn)
- hydralazine/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Apresazide
- Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release )
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- indapamide, Lozol (Discontinued)
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- beta-blockers w/thiazide diuretics-oral
- eplerenone - oral, Inspra
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide, Ziac
- torsemide - injection, Demadex
- sodium nitroprusside-injection, Nitropress
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- triamterene - oral, Dyrenium
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide, Lotensin HCT
- Saxenda (liraglutide injection)
- flaxseed (linum usitatissimum) - oral
- bosentan - oral, Tracleer
- amiloride - oral, Midamor
- ethacrynic acid - oral, Edecrin
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- isradipine - oral, Dynacirc
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, Vaseretic
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Capozide
- moexipril - oral, Univasc
- hemin for injection, Panhematin
- phenoxybenzamine - oral, Dibenzyline
- trandolapril/verapamil extended-release - oral, Tarka
- quinapril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Accuretic
- irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Avalide
- methyldopa/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Aldoril
- moexipril-hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Uniretic
- treprostinil - injection, Remodulin
- epoprostenol - injection, Flolan
- ethacrynate sodium - injection, Edecrin
- Afeditab CR
- Lotensin Hct
- Altace Capsules
- Diovan HCT
- Lopressor HCT
- Cardene IV
- Atacand HCT
- Guanfacine Hydrochloride
- Benicar HCT
- Tenormin IV Injection
- Bystolic Tablets
- Micardis HCT
- Dynacirc CR
- Lopressor Injection
- Verelan PM
- Exforge HCT
- InnoPran XL
- Inderal XL
- Teveten HCT
- Coreg CR
- Dilacor XR
- Tekturna HCT
- Inderal LA
- Toprol XL
- Methyldopate Hcl
Prevention & Wellness
- Heart Attacks Fall By One-Third Among Older Americans
- Heart Care Guidelines Rarely Backed by Top-Notch Science
- Early-Onset Menstruation Linked to Later High Blood Pressure Risk
- FDA OKs Blood Pressure Drug to Ease Shortage Due to Recalls
- Healthy Diet Might Not Lower Dementia Risk
- Does Your Family Eat Out a Lot? Watch Your Blood Pressure
- Control Your Blood Pressure to Head Off Serious Health Problems
- Even a Drink a Day Might Raise Your Blood Pressure
- An Afternoon Nap May Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Recipe for a Healthy Heart: Big Breakfasts, Less TV
- NFL Players' Enlarged Hearts May Harm Health for Decades
- Study Urges Seniors to Get Moving to Live Longer
- Meds for Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Help the Heart -- But Maybe Not the Mind
- AHA News: Young Sisters Share Battle With Different Types of Heart Disease
- Mom's Prenatal Fish Oil Might Help Kids' Blood Pressure Later
- Kratom-Related Poisonings Are Soaring, Study Finds
- Heart Attacks Rising Among Younger Women
- Health Tip: Eat Less Salt
- Brief Morning Exercise Helps Ease Blood Pressure Throughout the Day
- Strict Blood Pressure Control Could Help Make Stroke Care Safer
- AHA News: High Blood Pressure Top Risk Factor for Stroke in Young Adults
- Rethinking Blood Pressure Readings
- Layer Up During the Polar Vortex
- Can Strict Blood Pressure Control Lower Dementia Risk?
- Even Slight Rise in Blood Pressure Might Shrink Young Brains
- Health Tip: Control Your Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Improve Your Emotional Wellness
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Stroke in Kids
- Take High Blood Pressure Meds? Exercise Might Work Just as Well
- Health Tip: Understanding Blood Clots
- Insights Into Women and Stroke Risk
- More Blood Pressure Meds Recalled Due to Carcinogen
- Health Tip: If You Feel Faint
- Two More Blood Pressure Drugs Recalled
- Smoking Bans Might Help Nonsmokers' Blood Pressure
- Must Blood Pressure Rise Wth Age? Remote Tribes Hold Clues
- Health Tip: Limit Fat, Sugar and Salt in Your Child's Diet
- Smoking, Diabetes May Be Especially Risky for Women's Hearts
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Tied to Earlier Strokes
- Home Health-Care Tests: Proceed With Caution
- Soda Makers Using Ballot Measures to Fight Soda Taxes
- Second High Blood Pressure Drug Recalled Due to Contamination
- Measure Your Blood Pressure at Home? New Guidelines Set Healthy Readings
- Lung Cancer Risk Tied to Common Blood Pressure Drug
- Uncontrolled Blood Pressure? Maybe It's Time to Check Your Shins
- Hard Arteries Hard on the Aging Brain?
- Gum Disease May Worsen Blood Pressure Problems
- Scientists Find 500 More Genes That Influence Blood Pressure
- FDA Finds Another Carcinogen in Certain Valsartan Heart Meds
- No Short-Term Cancer Risk From Recalled Heart Med Valsartan: Study
- Hospitals May Overprescribe Blood Pressure Meds, Study Finds
- Black Patients Have 5 Times the Rate of Blood Pressure Crises
- Home Monitoring Works for Blood Pressure Patients
- Kids Without Access to Good Food Face High Blood Pressure Risk
- New Hormonal Link Suspected in Type 2 Diabetes
- Label Mix-up Spurs Recall of Accord Blood Pressure Meds
- New Triple-Combo Pill Controls Blood Pressure, Study Finds
- Tap Into the Health Powers of Garlic
- Intensive Blood Pressure Control May Help Preserve Brain Health
- Get Dizzy Upon Standing? It Could Be Sign of Dementia Risk
- Affected by the Valsartan Heart Drug Recall? Here's What to Do
- New Guidelines Mean Almost 800,000 More U.S. Kids Have High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure Threatens Aging Brain, Study Says
- 3 of 4 Black Americans Have High Blood Pressure by 55
- Enlist a Pharmacist to Help Manage High Blood Pressure
- Today's Sleepy Teens May Be Tomorrow's Heart Patients
- High Blood Pressure in Your 50s May Set Stage for Dementia
- How Healthy Is Your Diet?
- New Blood Pressure Rules Could Prevent Many 2nd Strokes: Study
- Stressed Out at Work? Your A-Fib Risk May Rise
- High Blood Pressure Can Really Up Your Medical Costs
- On Top of Other Challenges, Homeless Have Higher Heart Disease Risk
- New Guidelines Mean 1 in 3 Adults May Need Blood Pressure Meds
- 7 Mistakes That Can Boost Your Blood Pressure Reading
- What's the Best Way to Track Your Blood Pressure?
- Gene Twist Can Make Your Blood Pressure Spike From Salt
- Control Blood Pressure to Keep Dementia at Bay: Study
- Exercise for High Blood Pressure? Most Not Keen on Idea
- Raised Blood Pressure Before Pregnancy Linked to Miscarriage
- Well-Done Meat May Not Be Good for Your Blood Pressure
- Wounded Combat Vets Face Increased Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Three-in-One Pill Shows Promise in Beating High Blood Pressure
- Barbershop Pharmacists: A Good Rx for High Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure Check? There May Soon Be an App for That
- Heart-Healthy 'DASH' Diet May Also Help Lower Depression Risk
- Don't Rely on Just One Blood Pressure Test for Kids: Study
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure While Pregnant Spells Trouble Later On
- Can Treating Gum Disease Keep Blood Pressure in Line?
- Definition of High Blood Pressure Drops
- Swings in Blood Pressure Can Pose Long-Term Dangers
- Healthier Diet, Less Salt: The Recipe to Beat High Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: What's Healthy Blood Pressure?
- Stroke Risk Factors Are Rising
- Can Sauna Sweats Lower Your Blood Pressure?
- High Blood Pressure in 40s a Dementia Risk for Women?
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Boost Child's Obesity Risk
- As Men's Weight Rises, Sperm Health May Fall
- Some May Need a Little Help Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Even Teens Can Suffer Organ Damage From High Blood Pressure
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Early Onset of Pregnancy Complication May Raise Heart Risks
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Calcium in Arteries May Best Predict Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- Marriage a Blessing for Heart Attack Patients
- Viagra Won't Help, and May Harm, Patients With a Heart Valve Disorder
- As Temperatures Fall, Heart Attacks May Rise
- Harvey's Floodwaters Harbor Many Health Hazards
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- Young Adults May Be Ignoring High Blood Pressure
- Common Treatment for Early Prostate Cancer May Carry Heart Risk
- Undiagnosed Heart Condition 'AFib' May Be Common, Study Suggests
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Meth Abuse Could Up Stroke Risk in Younger Users
- Doctor-Patient Dialogue May Boost Use of Blood Pressure Drugs
- Kids' Cases of High Blood Pressure May Rise Under New Guidelines
- Wellness Visits for Better Well-being
- 'Fat But Fit' a Myth?
- Heart Risk Up if Hospitalized for Pneumonia or Sepsis
- By Age 12, Poor May Show Signs of Heart Risks Ahead
- Steep Price Hikes Led to Drop in Use of 2 Heart Drugs at U.S. Hospitals
- Is Pot Linked to Blood Pressure Deaths?
- Blood Pressure Fluctuations Tied to Dementia Risk in Study
- 10 Factors to Predict Bleeding Risk in Stroke Survivors
- Imbruvica Approval Expanded to Include Graft Versus Host Disease
- Moving From 'Stroke Belt' Doesn't Undo Higher Dementia Risk
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Targeting 9 Risk Factors Could Prevent 1 in 3 Dementia Cases: Study
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Lack of Health Insurance Can Shorten Lives: Study
- Can an Aspirin a Day Keep a Pregnancy Complication Away?
- Heavy Teens May Be Setting Themselves Up for a Stroke
- Fewer Americans Hospitalized for Heart Failure
- Study Challenges Touted Link Between Eczema and Heart Disease
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Wrong 7 of 10 Times: Study
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Nighttime Airport Noise May Raise Heart Risks
- Meds Rooted in Ancient China May Help Heart: Review
- 1 in 7 Americans Has Kidney Disease: CDC
- Americans Buying Less Salt-Laden Foods
- Moving Toward a Better Blood Pressure Pill
- Can a 70-Year-Old Have the Arteries of a 20-Year-Old?
- Stroke Risk Can Rise With Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds of Irregular Heartbeat
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Study Casts Doubt on Need for Statins in the 'Healthy Old'
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Many Under 40 May Not Need Regular Cholesterol Checks: Study
- Speed Is Key When a Stroke Strikes
- What Harms the Young Heart Also Hurts the Brain Later
- Just 5 Percent of Daily Salt Gets Added at the Table
- Just a 'Social Smoker'? Toll on Your Health Still High
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Life Expectancy Goes Up for Black Americans
- Healthy Heart in Middle Age Delivers Big Dividends
- Energy Drinks May Give the Heart an Unhealthy Jolt
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- The Top 5 Conditions That Shorten Americans' Lives -- And Are Preventable
- Conflicting Statin Guidelines Leave Millions in 'Gray Zone'
- High Blood Pressure: A Silver Lining for Ovarian Cancer Patients?
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- The Grayer His Hair, the Higher His Heart Risk?
- Health Tip: Should You Be Tested for Kidney Disease?
- Many Americans Don't Know How to Handle High Cholesterol
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Who Really Needs Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Meds?
- Keys to Heart Disease Care: Communication and Trust
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
- What You Need to Know About Cholesterol
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- Are Blood Thinners Overused in Patients With Irregular Heartbeat?
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Not on Meds They Need: Study
- Zika Virus May Also Harm the Heart
- Pot Use Tied to Higher Odds for Stroke, Heart Failure
- Sickle Cell Trait Tied to Higher Kidney Failure Risk for Blacks
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- More Folic Acid in Pregnancy May Protect Kids From High Blood Pressure
- Many People Don't Take Their High Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Youth With Type 2 Diabetes Often Face Complications
- More Exercise, Fewer Pounds: Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Review Raises Questions About Herbal Meds for Heart Problems
- Study Links Psychiatric Disorders to Stroke Risk
- Could Parkinson's Disease Raise Stroke Risk?
- Unhealthy in Middle Age, Dementia in Old Age?
- Bleeding Strokes Take Heavy Toll on Brain
- Health Tip: Short on Sleep?
- Cutting Salt a Health Boost for Kidney Patients
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- Too Many Americans Have High Blood Pressure, Doctors Warn
- Obstetric Complications Tied to Slightly Upped Risk for Autism
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Heart Risks May Boost Women's Colon Cancer Risk, Too
- Poverty Takes 2 Years Off Your Life: Study
- Stress-Busting Tips
- U.S. Heart Failure Rates on the Rise
- Curbing Excess Weight Gain in Pregnancy May Not Lower Risk for Complications
- Young Thyroid Cancer Survivors May Face Long-Term Health Risks
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- 17 Million U.S. Adults May Have Tough-to-Spot High Blood Pressure
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Health Tip: Get Moving Toward a Healthier You
- Can Coffee Perk Up Heart Health, Too?
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- High Blood Pressure May Not Be All Bad in the Elderly: Study
- Rural Americans at Higher Risk of 5 Preventable Causes of Death: CDC
- High Blood Pressure Often Undiagnosed, Untreated
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- High Health Care Deductibles Take Toll on Family Finances
- High Blood Pressure Increasing Worldwide
- Native Americans Make Progress Against Diabetes Complication
- Weight-Loss Surgery Offers Long-Term Benefit to Very Obese Teens
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- More Signs Mediterranean Diet May Boost Your Brain
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Diabetes Takes Biggest Bite Out of U.S. Health Care Spending
- High Pain Tolerance Tied to 'Silent' Heart Attack Risk
- HIV May Double Odds of Heart Attack
- Prices Skyrocket on Drugs Widely Used by Seniors: Report
- NYC 'Zombie' Outbreak Highlights Dangers of Synthetic Drug
- Beta Blockers May Not Be Best Heart Drugs for Dementia Patients
- Certain Breast Cancer Drugs Tied to Blood Vessel Damage
- Even Small Rise in Blood Pressure Can Harm Black Patients
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Study Finds Worrisome Heart Effects Among Some Football Players
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- Vegetarian Diets Called Good for People and the Planet
- Doctors Should Counsel Even Low-Risk Patients on Heart Health
- Smoking Raises Heart Attack Risk 8-Fold in People Under 50
- Scientists Spot 'Teetotaler' Gene
- 3 Keys to Cutting Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Fast-Food Calorie Labeling Not Working, Study Finds
- Fewer Americans Suffering From Dementia, Study Finds
- Bonus From Your Blood Pressure Med: Fewer Fractures?
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- Heart Attacks Up in New Orleans Post-Katrina
- Amputations Due to Poor Blood Flow More Likely in Certain Groups
- Pessimism May Take Unwelcome Toll on the Heart
- Can Protein, Probiotics Help With Blood Sugar Control?
- Smoking May Hinder Kidney Disease Drugs
- Many Atrial Fibrillation Patients Missing Out on Blood Thinners
- Can Time-Release Capsules Replace Daily Pills?
- Stressed Childhood Might Raise Risk for High Blood Pressure Later
- Coming Soon: Lower Cholesterol From a Twice-a-Year Shot?
- High Blood Pressure Rates Have Doubled Worldwide Since 1975
- Weight-Loss Surgery Tied to Lower Heart Risks
- Meat-Heavy Diets May Raise Older Women's Heart Risks
- Sharp Drop in Blood Pressure After Rx May Be Risky for Some Heart Patients
- Craving Salt? Your Genes May Be the Reason, Study Suggests
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Fell 20 Percent Since 1980s: Study
- Omega-3s a Recipe for Healthy Blood Pressure in Young Adults
- Follow-Up Appointments Boost Weight-Loss Surgery Success
- More Than Half of Americans Have Chronic Health Problem: Study
- Many Kids Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Does Living in Poor Neighborhood Up Stroke Risk?
- Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- 'White Coat' High Blood Pressure May Signal Trouble in Older People
- Pedal Your Way to Heart Health
- Stressful Jobs With Little Control/Shorter Life Spans?
- Can Teens' Heart Rate, Blood Pressure Show Ties to Mental Ills?
- Air Pollution May Even Harm Blood Vessels of Healthy Young
- Pregnancy May Boost Stroke Risk in Younger Women: Study
- Digestive Byproduct Tied to Meat Raises Risks for Some Heart Patients
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Patients May Not Always Need Blood Thinners: Study
- Are Vegetarian Diets Heart-Healthier?
- Little Gains in Efforts to Boost Outpatient Care
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Are Some Blood Pressure Meds Linked to Depression, Bipolar Risk?
- Sudden Drops in Blood Pressure Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Chronic Disease in Mom May Be Linked to Newborns' Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure May Hike Dementia Risk
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- Health Tip: Exercise Safely With Diabetes
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Depression Can Fuel Heart Disease in Midlife Women: Study
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- C-Section Raises Risk of Blood Clots After Childbirth: Review
- Brain Aneurysm: Lack of Awareness Can Cost Lives
- More Research Cites Salt's Potential Health Risks
- Queen Latifah Puts Heart Failure Center Stage
- Health Tip: Health Risks of Childhood Obesity
- High Blood Pressure Might Affect Some Kids' Thinking Ability
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- 'Spare Tire' May Be Tougher on Your Heart Than 'Love Handles'
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Study: Colonoscopy After 75 May Not Be Worth It
- How Older People Can Head Off Dangerous Drug Interactions
- The 'Love Hormone' May Quiet Tinnitus
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- Marriage May Help Diabetics Keep Weight Off
- Sound Waves: An Rx for High Blood Pressure, Migraine?
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- Tighter Blood Pressure Control Could Save 100,000 U.S. Lives: Study
- Extreme Preemies May Be at Risk for High Blood Pressure as Adults
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Fruits, Veggies Powerful Rx for Kidney Disease: Study
- 1 in 4 Medicare Patients Uses Blood Pressure Meds Incorrectly
- Many With Diabetes Missing Out on Statins
- Could Good Sex Be Bad for an Older Man's Heart?
- Fans May Not Be Cool Choice for the Elderly
- Cesarean Birth Linked to Risk of Obesity in Childhood
- Heart Attack Before 50 Ups Early Death Risk
- Fewer Drugs in Pipeline to Treat World's No. 1 Killer
- Study Bolsters Role of Angioplasty, Stents in Heart-Attack Survival
- How Long Will You Live? Look to Your Parents
- Blood Pressure-Lowering Diet May Help Treat Gout
- Even Poorer Nations Not Immune to High Blood Pressure
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys, Study Suggests
- Treating Psoriasis May Reduce Risk for Other Ills
- Exercise May Keep Diabetes in Check During Pregnancy
- Family Lifestyles May Be as Important to Health as Genes
- Lack of Fitness Second Only to Smoking as Predictor of Early Death: Study
- Induced Labor Won't Raise Autism Risk in Kids, Research Suggests
- FDA Renews Call to Reduce Salt in Processed Foods
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- New Drug May Treat Rare Obesity Disorder Causing Constant Hunger
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- Cutting Down on Sweets Can Help Kids' Hearts
- College Linemen Larger Than Ever, Study Finds
- 9 Out of 10 Strokes Could Be Prevented, Study Finds
- Health Before a Stroke Is Big Predictor of Second Attack
- Rising Blood Sugar Hitting More Obese Adults
- How to Spot the Warning Signs of Heat Stroke
- If 1st Baby's Early, 2nd Will Be Too: Study
- Dietary Mineral Could Be One Key to Blood Pressure Control
- Why Some Seniors Don't Take Their Meds
- Blood Pressure Problems During Pregnancy, Heart Trouble Later?
- Fiber: The Rx for Disease-Free Aging
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Health Tip: Get Checked for High Blood Pressure
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Blood Pressure May Soar if You Live Near an Airport
- Heart Disease Down Among Over-40 Americans
- For Better Heart Care, Get a Pharmacist on Your Team
- FAQ: New 'Stomach Pump' Weight Loss Device
- Diabetes Drug Victoza May Help the Heart: Study
- Spikes in Blood Pressure Don't Always Need ER Care
- Shouting? The 'Silent Treatment'? How Spouses Argue Linked to Physical Ills
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Women Less Likely to Get Blood Thinner for Irregular Heartbeat
- Why Stroke in Middle Age Is More Deadly for Blacks Than Whites
- FDA Calls for Less Salt in Processed Foods
- ADHD Meds May Pose Heart Risks for Some Kids
- Smog Can Make Blood Pressure Soar: Studies
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- What Doctors Aren't Telling Obese, Young Adults
- More Evidence That Smog a Heart Threat
- After Heart Attack, New Threat: Heart Failure
- Blood Pressure Swings Linked to Faster Decline in Mental Skills
- Could a Low-Salt Diet Hurt Your Health?
- Elderly Benefit From Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment
- Could Spuds Be Bad for Blood Pressure?
- Half of Heart Attacks Might Be 'Silent'
- Wearable Monitor Helps Spot 'Masked' High Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- Booze, High Blood Pressure a Dangerous Mix
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Many COPD Patients Have Trouble Finding Care
- Blood Pressure Patterns May Predict Stroke Risk
- Obamacare Buyers Could Have Fewer Choices in 2017
- Health Tip: Help Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Cancer History May Affect Survival After Organ Transplant
- Lonely, Isolated People May Be Prone to Heart Disease, Stroke
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Diabetes Steals Years, Adds Disabilities
- Restaurants Cut Calories in Kids' Meals, Study Finds
- Hispanics More Likely to Have Heart Pumping Problems, Study Says
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Harmful Artery-Stiffening Seen in Healthy 40-Year-Olds
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Skipping Meds Greatly Ups Heart Patients' Risk of Stroke: Study
- Do-It-Yourself Blood Pressure Checks May Help Spot Heart, Stroke Risk
- Brain Scans Give Clues to Stress-Heart Attack Link
- Heart Attacks Striking Younger, Fatter Americans: Study
- Mammograms May Also Help Spot Heart Disease, Study Suggests
- PTSD May Stiffen Veterans' Arteries, Boosting Heart Risks
- Daytime Sleepiness, Long Naps Linked to Heart Risks: Study
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Long Hours at the Office May Raise Your Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Smartphone Blood-Pressure App Often Wrong, Study Finds
- Certain Jobs Hazardous to Your Heart Health, Study Finds
- Parents, Take Heed: Your Kids Copy Your Heart Health Habits
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- Younger Female Heart Patients More Likely to Need Follow-Up Care
- Heart Irregularities May Be Linked to Pregnancy Complication
- College-Age Binge Drinkers May Face Higher Blood Pressure
- Obesity Can Send Kids' Blood Pressure Soaring: Study
- For Stroke Patients, Temporary Easing of Symptoms Can Be Deceiving
- Stroke Risk May Be Greater for Certain Migraine Sufferers: Studies
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- Physically Demanding Job, High Blood Pressure a Bad Mix for Women
- New Type of Weight-Loss Surgery May Be Less Risky, Cheaper
- 'Obese' May Not Always Equal Unhealthy: Study
- Daily Bit of Chocolate in Pregnancy May Help Mom, Baby
- NFL Linemen Keep Growing, Putting Their Health at Risk, Experts Say
- New Blood Pressure Guidelines a Danger to Patients: Study
- Study: Small Bump in Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Might Harm Baby
- Stress-Prone Teen Males May Be at Risk of High Blood Pressure Later
- New Kidney Transplant Drug Cuts Risk of Earlier Death: Study
- Even Slight Kidney Decline May Affect Heart
- Americans Still Consume Too Much Salt: CDC
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Newer Blood Pressure Drugs as Good as Older Ones: Study
- Doctor-Patient Emails Can Help the Chronically Ill
- Poor Circulation in Brain Linked to Psychosis in Alzheimer's Patients
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- All High-Risk Patients Should Get Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Should You Be Taking Aspirin Daily?
- U.S. Task Force Backs Statins for Those 40 to 75 at Heightened Heart Risk
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- Girls Given Risky Meds Don't Get Contraceptive Advice
- America's Rural Elderly Face Barriers to Health Care
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- Patient's Mood During Medical Procedure May Affect Outcomes
- Sleep Apnea Devices Lower Blood Pressure
- Adults With Heart Defects May Face Higher Risk of Stroke: Study
- Could PMS Raise Women's Risk for High Blood Pressure?
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Nearly Half of Americans With High Blood Pressure Not Controlling It: CDC
- Lower Blood Pressure Target Could Save Lives: Study
- Football Linemen at Higher Risk for Heart Troubles, Study Finds
- Many Americans May Experience 'Silent' Heart Attack
- Just One Energy Drink Sends Young Adults' Stress Hormone Levels Soaring
- 'Walkable' Neighborhoods Boost Heart Health, Studies Find
- Race Gap in Life Expectancy Is Narrowing: U.S. Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Trim Health Care Costs
- Severe Combat Injuries Linked to Risk of Chronic Diseases
- Health Tip: Why Is My Blood Pressure High?
- Cutting Sugar From Diet Boosts Kids' Health Immediately: Study
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- Chronic Heartburn Drugs Tied to Higher Risk of Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Newborn Heart Defects
- Stereotypes Can Hurt a Patient's Care
- Men's, Women's Hearts Age Differently
- Job Stress Tied to Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Are You Getting Enough Potassium?
- Slow Progress on Curbing Wasteful, 'Low-Value' Health Care Practices: Study
- Confirm High Blood Pressure Outside Doctor's Office, U.S. Task Force Says
- Some Blood Pressure Drugs May Be Risky for Certain Surgery Patients
- Taking Blood Pressure Drugs at Night May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- Hi-Tech Scans Spot Brain Damage in High Blood Pressure Patients
- Health Tip: Controlling Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure Meds May Cut Alzheimer's Risk
- Major Study Calls for Even Tighter Control of High Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure: How Low to Go?
- Blood Pressure May Be Key to Brain Hemorrhage Recurrence
- Your Heart Is Likely 'Older' Than You Are
- Acupuncture Might Help Ease High Blood Pressure
- Could All Work and No Play Kill You?
- Naps May Do a Heart Good
- Could Lots of Coffee Up Heart Risks for Young Adults With High Blood Pressure?
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy May Reappear Later in Life: Study
- No Mental Benefits Seen for Elderly Who Stop Blood Pressure Meds
- Blood Pressure Drugs Linked to Longer Ovarian Cancer Survival
- Revamp Abdominal Aneurysm Screening, Save More Men's Lives: Study
- Could Your Smartphone Help Boost Your Heart Health?
- Including Pharmacist on Medical Team May Aid Blood Pressure Control
- Deaths, Hospital Stays and Costs All Down Among U.S. Seniors
- Big Swings in Blood Pressure Could Spell Trouble
- Deaths From High Blood Pressure Should Plummet Under 'Obamacare': Study
- Chronic Ills May Add Up to a Shortened Life Span
- Entresto Approved for Heart Failure
- Calcium Scan Can Predict Premature Death Risk, Study Says
- Wide Variations Seen in U.S. Stroke Care
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Parents' Genetic Similarities Could Affect Kids' Height, Intellect
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Adults Now Overweight or Obese: Study
- Even Slightly Elevated Blood Pressure May Pose Problems for Young Adults
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Could Diabetes Run in Your Relationship?
- Resuming Blood Pressure Meds After Surgery Linked to Better Outcomes
- Rise in Deaths Even When Smog Is Below EPA Standard: Study
- Don't Give Heart-Healthy Patients Blood Pressure Drugs Before Surgery: Study
- Blood Pressure Vaccine Shows Promise in Rats
- Could a Noisy Neighborhood Make You Fat?
- Health Tip: Why Is My Nose Bleeding?
- Heart Risk Factors May Harm Black Women More Than Whites
- One-Third of Americans Have Dangerous Mix of Heart Risk Factors
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep May Up Stroke Risk for Those With High Blood Pressure
- Blood Thinner Warfarin May Pose Greater Bleeding Risk for Obese: Study
- Tips to Detect Early Warning Signs of Stroke
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- Hispanic Women's Upbeat Outlook May Boost Heart Health
- Childhood Abuse, Neglect Linked to High Blood Pressure in Adulthood
- To Protect Your Aging Brain, Start With Exercise
- New Guidelines Would Greatly Boost Number of Young People on Statins
- Packaged Grocery Foods Often High in Salt, Study Finds
- Heart Groups Issue Updated Blood Pressure Guidelines
- U.S. Deaths Due to High Blood Pressure Keep Rising: CDC
- Stents Meant to Prevent Stroke May Actually Boost Risk
- Kids' Bad Diets May Mean Worse Health as Adults
- Vitamin D Won't Help Fight High Blood Pressure, Researchers Say
- Salt May Be Bad for More Than Your Blood Pressure
- Folic Acid May Help Ward Off Stroke in People With High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Disease Can Pose Problems During Pregnancy, Study Warns
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- Many Women Gain Too Much Weight While Pregnant, Study Finds
- Nuts Linked to Better Heart Health for Teens
- Another Study Finds Mediterranean Diet May Cut Heart Risks
- Does Long-Term Acetaminophen Use Raise Health Risks?
- Love Coffee? Your Heart May, Too
- Global Blood Pressure Program Could Save Millions of Lives, Experts Say
- More Cases of High Blood Pressure in Less Affluent States
- After Blowing Their Stack, a Heart Attack
- Mental Illness, Homelessness Linked to Heart Disease in Study
- Blood Pressure Meds Lower Heart, Stroke Risks in Diabetics: Analysis
- Is the Advice on Fat in Your Diet Wrong?
- Health Tip: Understanding Low Blood Pressure
- Newly Diagnosed With High Blood Pressure? 3 Factors Affect Prognosis
- Following Blood Pressure Guidelines Saves Lives, Dollars: Study
- Do Pregnant Women Need High Blood Pressure Treatment?
- Watch Upper Number on Blood Pressure for Younger Adults: Study
- Insomnia Linked to High Blood Pressure in Study
- Could a Drink a Day Lower Your Risk for Heart Failure?
- Weightlessness in Space May Lower Blood Pressure in Astronauts
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Cluster of Heart Risk Factors Tied to Uterine Cancer Risk
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- High Blood Pressure May Boost Glaucoma Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Extend Lives, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- Study Debunks Notion of 'Healthy Obesity'
- DASH Diet Is Tops Again, Fifth Year in a Row
- Do Americans Eat and Drink Too Much Sugar?
- Wearable, Doc-Prescribed Monitors May Help Spot High Blood Pressure
- Yoga May Cut Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
- Poor Sperm Quality May Signal Health Issues, Study Finds
- Cost of Job-Based Health Insurance Outpaces Family Income: Report
- Free Clinics Run by Med Students on the Rise
- BPA in Canned Goods May Raise Your Blood Pressure: Study
- Many Women Don't Lose Those Pregnancy Pounds, Study Finds
- Obesity Can Cause 'Silent' Damage to Heart
- Childhood Obesity Brings Host of Health Problems, Researchers Report
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Daily Aspirin Fails to Help Older Hearts in Japanese Study
- Cocaine Can Cause Heart Problems: Study
- Most in U.S. Aren't Suitable Kidney Donors, Study Says
- Air Pollution May Be Linked to Higher Rates of Kidney Disease
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Deaths From Heart Disease Down, Up for Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat
- Could Flu Raise Risk of Fatal Artery Tear?
- More Americans Controlling Their High Blood Pressure
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Seems Safe in Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Many Docs Fail to Counsel Young Adults With High Blood Pressure
- Common Blood Pressure Drug May Lower Risk For Lou Gehrig's Disease: Study
- Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle
- Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors May Occasionally Miss the Mark
- Health Tip: Change Your Diet to Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnea Gear Doesn't Squelch Sex Life, Study Says
- Regular Doctor Visits Help Control Blood Pressure, Study Says
- Psoriasis Tied to Raised Risk of Uncontrolled Blood Pressure
- Living Near a Highway May Be Bad for Your Blood Pressure
- Drugs Not Always Best for Mild High Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure Seems to Stay Lower Longer in Fitter Men
- Even a Little Excess Weight Can Boost Blood Pressure: Study
- ER Visits Up for High Blood Pressure
- 'Spare Tire' May Be Especially Bad for Your Blood Pressure
- Everest Study Finds High Altitude Affects Blood Pressure
- Tight Blood Pressure Control Doesn't Raise Risk of Falls, Study Says
- Severe Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds for Stubborn High Blood Pressure
- Are We Overdoing Salt Restrictions?
- Studies Question Need to Watch Your Salt
- Blood Thinner Doesn't Prevent Miscarriages: Study
- Sleepless Nights After Divorce May Be Tied to Blood Pressure Rise
- Could Probiotics Help Tame High Blood Pressure?
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Likely Saves Money, Study Finds
- High Blood Pressure May Protect the Very Old From Dementia
- High Blood Pressure May Up Psoriasis Risk for Women
- Childhood Malnutrition Linked to High Blood Pressure Later in Life: Study
- Low Vitamin D Levels Linked to High Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure Kiosks May Not Always Give Accurate Readings
- High Blood Pressure May Sometimes Be Overtreated: Study
- Spats, Conflicts Can Raise a Woman's Blood Pressure
- Sleep Apnea 'CPAP' Masks Might Help Ease High Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure History May Affect Brain Function in Old Age
- More Americans Working to Control Blood Pressure, Cholesterol: CDC
- Heart Risks Depend on Which Blood Pressure Number Is High: Study
- Using Internet, Apps to Manage Blood Pressure Has Dangers: Study
- Fitness May Help Older Men With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Implanted Device Lowers Blood Pressure in Rat Study
- Blood Pressure Drugs Help Keep Heart Trouble at Bay: FDA
- Sitting Too Much May Harm Health
- College Football Players Have Stiffer Arteries, Study Finds
- Helping Doctors Spot Who's Not Taking Their Blood Pressure Meds
- New Blood Pressure Guidelines May Take Millions of Americans Off Meds
- Keeping Blood Pressure Low Halves Risk of Second Stroke: Study
- Doctors Really Do Raise Your Blood Pressure
- Saturated Fats: Bad, Not So Bad?
- High Blood Pressure Common, Often Untreated in U.S. Hispanics: Study
- Even Slightly Higher Blood Pressure May Raise Stroke Risk: Study
- Diet to Reduce Blood Pressure May Also Stave Off Kidney Stones
- Doctors Slower to Prescribe High Blood Pressure Meds to Younger Patients
- Blood Pressure Meds May Raise Risk of Serious Falls for Seniors
- Vegetarian Diet May Help Lower Blood Pressure, Research Suggests
- Model Program Boosts Blood-Pressure Control for Patients
- Prompt Surgery May Be Best for Heart Valve Leak
- Vitamin D Supplements Don't Lower Blood Pressure: Study
- Self-Monitoring Blood Pressure Appears to Improve Results, Study Finds
- Walking to Work Tied to Lower Diabetes Risk
- More Follow-Up Needed for Kids With High Blood Pressure Reading
- Blood Pressure Swings Could Be Linked to Mental Decline: Study
- College Football Players May Be At Risk of High Blood Pressure
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs May Help Slow Dementia
- Drug for Pulmonary Hypertension Shows 'Modest' Benefit in Studies
- Following Blood Pressure-Drug Schedule May Be Critical to Survival
- More U.S. Kids May Be at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Pharmacist-Guided Home Blood Pressure Monitoring May Help Patients
- 7 out of 10 Americans Take a Prescription Drug: Study
- Think You're Stressed? Maybe You Should Have Your Heart Checked
- Volunteering May Be Good for the Heart in More Ways Than One
- Task Force: Screen for Gestational Diabetes After 24 Weeks of Pregnancy
- People With High Blood Pressure May Crave Salt
- Cellphone Calls During Blood Pressure Readings May Skew Results
- Yoga May Help Ease High Blood Pressure, Study Finds
- Most Americans Should Eat Less Salt: Report
- High Blood Sugar May Add to Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Men Who Are Obese While Young Can Pay a Price Later
- Health Tip: Why Did I Faint?
- Even in Young Adults, Binge Drinking May Harm Circulation
- Exercise, Alternative Therapies May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Some Fats Are Healthier
- Heart Scarring May Be More Dangerous Than Thought, Study Suggests
- 'Bioengineered' Kidneys Show Promise in Rat Study
- Belly Fat May Be Tied to Kidney Damage
- Nearly 30 Percent of Americans Have High Blood Pressure: CDC
- Balding Men Could Face Higher Heart Risks, Study Finds
- Heart Risks May Also Point to Dementia Risk
- Many U.S. Teens Have Poor Health Habits
- Most of World's Adults Consume Too Much Salt, Study Finds
- High Blood Pressure May Add to Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- Experts Question Use of Ankle Blood Pressure to Gauge Heart Risks
- Blacks With Kidney Disease Should Watch for Blood Pressure Shifts: Study
- Viagra, Aliskiren Not Helpful for Heart Failure After All: Studies
- Drug May Ease Angina in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- New Drugs Might Give Heart Patients an Edge
- New Soccer Goal: Lowering Blood Pressure
- Experts Dispute Value of Checking Kids' Blood Pressure
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Chronic Health Problems
- First-Born May Be at Greater Risk for Diabetes, Hypertension
- Cut Salt, Save 500,000 U.S. Lives Over a Decade, Study Finds
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Predict Later Ills, Study Says
- Antidepressants Celexa, Lexapro Tied to Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- High Blood Pressure in Kids May Be Less Common Than Thought
- Extreme Cold Snap Brings Unexpected Health Risks
- Preventing Kidney Disease May Cut Diabetes Deaths, Study Says
- Ob/Gyn Group Urges Docs to Help Prevent 'Octomom'-Type Multiple Births
- Low Wages Linked to Raised Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Doctor-Patient Communication Key to Sticking With Meds
- Survival of 'Obamacare' Tops List of Biggest Health News in 2012
- New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills
- Overweight? You Can Scale Back Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- New Procedure May Aid Stubborn High Blood Pressure
- Treating Kidneys With Radio Waves May Ease Tough-to-Control Hypertension
- High Blood Pressure Poses Bigger Stroke Risk for Blacks, Study Says
- Beet Juice Lowers Blood Pressure
- Fainting in Healthy People May Be First Sign of Heart Trouble
- U.S. Lifestyles Thwarting Heart Health Progress: Report
- Mothers' Pre-Pregnancy Weight Tied to Kids' IQ, Study Says
- Common Heart Drug Might Dampen Some Autism Symptoms
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Oxygen Deprivation in the Womb May Raise ADHD Risk
- Avastin Won't Extend Breast Cancer Survival: Study
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Consider Weight When Choosing Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Kidney Disease More Severe in Blacks Than Others: Study
- Sleep Trumps All-Night Cramming for College Exams
- Heart Failure Drugs Put to the Test
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Later Heart Trouble
- Long-Term Use of Some Antipsychotics Not Warranted in Older Adults: Study
- Health Highlights: Nov. 26, 2012
- 'E-Medicine' May Not Be Cost Saver After All, Study Says
- Weak Muscles in Teen Years Linked to Early Death in Men
- Routine Checkups Don't Cut Cancer, Heart Deaths: Study
- Supplement Use Widespread Among Americans
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Transcendental Meditation May Lower Heart Risk
- Black Patients With Kidney Cancer Fare Worse Than Whites: Study
- High Blood Pressure Often Missed in Young Adults: Study
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Miscarriages Tied to Elevated Risk for Heart Conditions
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- List of 'Salty Six' Foods May Surprise You
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- What to Do Now to Lower Heart Disease Risk Later
- Study Tallies Economic Fallout From Workers' Heart Attacks
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Many U.S. Hispanics Have Heart Disease Risk Factors
- For Kids, Eating Out = More Calories
- Lupus May Be Linked to Serious Pregnancy Complication
- Fainting Spells Often Tied to Too Many Meds at Once: Study
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Health Issues Add to Risk of Vitamin D Deficiency, Study Says
- Health Tip: Enlist a Dietician
- Elevated BP May Prematurely Age the Brain
- Adult Kidney Failure Tied to Excess Weight as Teen
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Millions May Be Taking Vitamin D Unnecessarily, Analysis Suggests
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Heart Disease Risk Factors Also Tied to Death From Prostate Cancer
- More Americans Have High Blood Pressure Under Control: Survey
- Nationwide Study Examines Common Heart Procedures
- Menopause Won't Spur Weight Gain, But May Boost Belly Fat: Review
- Study Questions the Value of Annual Physical Exams
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Health Tip: Using an Antihistamine
- Strokes Striking Younger People
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- Clearer Prescription Drug Labels May Be on the Way
- Fast Walking May Slash at Heart Disease, Diabetes
- 'Junk Food' May Significantly Hike Risk of Stroke, Researchers Say
- Stem Cell Transplant May Spur Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Could Hypertension in Pregnancy Harm Child's Thinking Skills for Decades?
- Gout Management Is Focus of New Guidelines
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Stivarga Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- New Symptoms Tied to Death Risk in Severe Kidney Disease
- Obese Pregnant Women With Sleep Apnea May Have More Delivery Complications
- Child Obesity Risks May Be Greater Than Thought
- Women Born Preterm May Face Pregnancy Risks
- Leaders Less Stressed Out
- Poor Sleep May Make High Blood Pressure Worse
- Obese Black Kids More Susceptible to Hypertension, Study Finds
- Sesame and Rice Bran Oil, Yogurt Help Blood Pressure
- Obesity Surgery Seems to Reduce Heart Risks, Study Says
- Blacks Less Likely to Stick to High Blood Pressure Diet: Study
- Comparison of Obesity Surgeries Turns Up Surprising Results
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Health Tip: Do Your Feet Have Poor Circulation?
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy Critical for Brain Development, Study Says
- Salt in Kids' Diets Linked to High Blood Pressure
- Some Minor Strokes Lead to Disability
- Stress Adds to Salt Load of Some Blacks, Study Says
- Traffic May Keep City Dwellers Awake, Harming Health
- Some Blood Pressure Drugs Might Help Slow Alzheimer's: Study
- More Pregnant Women on Blood Pressure Drugs: Study
- Heavy Drinkers at Greater Risk for Stroke
- Millions of Americans Have Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure: CDC
- Artery Stiffness May Predict High Blood Pressure
- It's Possible to Be Obese and Heart-Healthy: Studies
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Can Childhood Obesity Hinder the Brain?
- FDA OKs Drug for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Beyond Statistics: 2 Faces of West Nile Virus
- Obesity Might Lower Teens' Thinking Skills, Study Suggests
- Heart Attacks, Strokes Jumped After Japan Earthquake, Study Finds
- In Diabetes, Any Protein in Urine May Signal Heart Risk
- Adding Plavix to Aspirin Doesn't Help Guard Against Second Stroke: Study
- Brain Bleeds More Common in Smokers, Research Shows
- Belly Fat May Hit Your Heart the Hardest
- 2 Common Blood Pressure Meds Fare Equally in Preventing Heart Woes
- Not Enough Data to Support Kidney Disease Screening, Task Force Says
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- Statin Use Tied to Possible Boost in Cataract Risk
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Blacks More Prone to Hypertension After Certain Strokes
- Sleep Apnea Affects Many Women, Too
- Higher BPA Levels, More Heart Disease?
- Condition Commonly Seen in Aging May Alter Brain Function
- Cholesterol Levels Getting Better for U.S. Kids: CDC
- Blood Pressure Drugs Linked to Lip Cancer in Study
- Zaltrap Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Some Improvement in Heart Risk Factors for Americans: CDC
- CDC: Military Veterans Report Poorer Health
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- Health Tip: Managing Workplace Stress
- Task Force Updates EKG Recommendations
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
- Many Teens With High Blood Pressure Don't Get Needed Tests
- NYC Ban on Super-Sized Sodas Would Cut Consumers' Calories: Study
- Obese Kids May Be at Higher Risk for Heart Disease
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Many Medicaid Patients Skip Drugs That Could Prevent Heart Trouble
- Preventive Measures Pay Off for Those at Risk of Stroke
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- FDA Approves Diet Drug Qsymia
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- High Blood Pressure May Protect Some Frail Elderly: Study
- Police Work Takes Heavy Health Toll: Study
- Teens' Lifestyle Choices Affect Their Blood Pressure
- Poor Sleep Affects Immune System Much Like Physical Stress
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- 40 Million Americans Addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol or Drugs
- Small Babies Can Be Sign of Heart Problems in Mother
- Health Tip: Is Your Pregnancy Higher Risk?
- Exercise Program Boosts Health After Lung Transplant: Study
- FDA Approves Diet Pill Belviq
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- Effects of High Blood Pressure Drug May Mimic Celiac Disease
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- High Blood Pressure a Rising Risk for Kids, Teens
- Better-Educated Blacks, Lower Odds of Hypertension: Study
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Might Boost Men's Sex Lives
- Early Menopause May Raise Risk for Brain Aneurysm
- Diabetes Rising Rapidly Among U.S. Kids
- Young Cancer Survivors Often Face Long-Term Health Problems
- 9 in 10 Blacks With High Blood Pressure Have Early Heart Disease
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- More Vitamin D Might Help Older People Stay Active
- Atkins-Type Diets Look Kidney-Friendly: Study
- Will Dark Chocolate a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
- Personalized Blood Pressure Therapy May Help Diabetics
- Could Bloodletting Ease Heart Risks for the Obese?
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- Strokes More Common in Southern States: CDC
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Study Spots Early Warning Signal for Sudden Cardiac Death
- U.S. Liver Transplants Declining
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Overweight, Obese Teens Show Early Heart Risks
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure, Even With Family History
- U.S. Task Force Issues Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- Eye Changes May Predict Heart Disease in Blacks With Diabetes
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure Genes
- A Better Way to Assess Body Fat and Health Risk?
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs May Not Cut Colon Cancer Risk
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Rate of Hospitalizations for Stroke Has Declined in U.S.
- Angioplasty May Be Risky for Those With Poor Leg Circulation
- Pot Belly Boosts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: Study
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Pregnancy After 40: Healthy Weight Improves Risk
- Home Birth Poses Danger for Higher-Risk Pregnancies: Study
- Can Testosterone Therapy Help Obese Men Lose Weight?
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- High Blood Pressure Risk Factors That May Surprise You
- In Some Brain Bleeds, Patients Do Better at High-Volume Hospitals
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Scientists Spot How Cox-2 Painkillers Raise Heart Risks
- Health Tip: Be Alert for Signs of Preeclampsia
- New Guidelines for Kidney Disease Due to Lupus
- U.S. Ranks 131st in Preterm Births
- Routine Kidney Disease Screening Not Worthwhile, Experts Say
- Votrient Approved to Treat Cancer That Begins in Soft Tissue
- Men More Prone to Complications After Brain, Spine Surgery
- Extra Vitamin C May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Exercise May Help Patients With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Diabetes Groups Issue New Guidelines on Blood Sugar
- Seniors Stop Taking Heart Drugs In Medicare 'Donut Hole'
- Weight-Loss Surgery Beat Drugs for Cutting Diabetes in Very Obese
- Role of Screening, Monitoring in Early Kidney Disease Unclear
- Drug Approved to Treat High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure May Be Especially Lethal for Blacks
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- Common Blood Pressure Drug Safe for Heart Failure: Study
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Health Highlights: April 6, 2012
- Planning Pregnancy May Cut Birth Defects
- Mom's Health While Pregnant Linked to Autism Risk
- Health Tip: Ways to Keep Your Memory Sharp
- Heavier Baby Girls at Higher Risk for Diabetes, Heart Woes as Adults
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- Obesity Rates Rise Among Mexican-Americans: Report
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Avoid Too Much Salt
- CT Scans Can Spot Heart Trouble Fast
- Ob/Gyn Visit a Good Time to Screen for Heart Disease: Study
- Low-Dose Daily Aspirin Enough to Help Heart Attack Patients: Study
- Could Soy Help Lower Your Blood Pressure?
- FDA Mulls Expanding Patients' Access to Certain Drugs
- Common Cause of Dizziness May Spell Heart Trouble
- Health Highlights: March 12, 2012
- Can Less Red Meat Add up to a Longer Life?
- 1 Sugary Drink a Day May Raise Heart Risk
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Cushing's Disease
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Stroke Risk Triples After a Decade With Diabetes
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Pressure Too Low?
- Kidney Damage Greatly Raises Diabetics' Risk for Death
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Pregnancy Complications May Predict Heart Trouble Later
- FDA Weighs Fate of Qnexa for Weight Loss, Again
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Health Highlights: Feb. 14, 2012
- Study: Even Some Vigorous Activity Boosts Kids' Heart Health
- Even a Little Air Pollution Raises Heart Attack Risk
- Zioptan Eyedrops Approved for Glaucoma, Ocular Hypertension
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Health Highlights: Feb. 9, 2012
- C-Sections Not Always Best for Small Babies
- Generic Drugs Easing Out-of-Pocket Medical Costs in U.S.
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Some Men May Inherit a Higher Risk of Heart Disease From Dad
- Bread and Other Common Foods Top List of Sodium Culprits
- Even for the Overweight, Exercise Helps the Heart
- Purple Potatoes Lower Blood Pressure in Overweight People
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Americans Sweet on Sugar: Time to Regulate?
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Drug Approved for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Blood Pressure Differences Between Arms Could Signal Heart Risk
- Positive Reinforcement May Help Patients Take Their Meds
- Active Ingredient in Viagra Shrunk Disfiguring Growths in Kids
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Avastin May Help Fight Early Breast Cancer
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- CDC: Big Drop in Diabetes Amputations
- Fried Food and No Heart Disease?
- Hip Fracture Patients Often Have Other Health Problems
- Narcissism Especially Bad for Men's Health, Study Says
- Abortion Safer for Women Than Childbirth, Study Claims
- Drinking Black Tea May Lower Blood Pressure
- Avoid Getting Scorched by 'Hot Yoga'
- Narrowed Artery Condition Often Goes Undiagnosed: Study
- Insomnia Can Be Dangerous, But There's Rest for the Weary
- Americans Aren't Getting Any Skinnier
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Even When Silent, Irregular Heartbeat Linked to Stroke Risk
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- Report Looks at Best Diets, Easiest to Follow
- Treating High Blood Pressure May Add Years to Life
- Edarbyclor Approved for High Blood Pressure
- Midlife Blood Pressure Predicts Future Heart Risk
- Study Looks at Stroke Risks in Teen Football Players
- Dentists Could Fill Gap in Health Care, Study Says
- Blood Pressure Readings Differ When Guidelines Followed
- Apnea Treatment Might Reduce Signs of Heart Disease Risk
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- Some of World's Tiniest ‘Preemies' Are Growing Up Healthy
- Treating Prehypertension With Medication May Lower Stroke Risk
- Many Kids Seen in ER Have High Blood Pressure
- Avastin Boosted Survival for Type of Aggressive Breast Cancer: Study
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Racism's Mental Toll May Explain Some Health Disparities
- FDA Rejects Avastin for Breast Cancer
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Obese Kids Who Lose Weight May Cut Heart Risk, Too
- Taking Many Medications May Raise Risk of ED
- New Research Calls Salt Guidelines Into Question
- New Guidelines on Frequent Cause of Sudden Death in Athletes
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Preterm Birth Rates Heading in Right Direction, Barely
- U.S. Sets New Goals for a Healthier Nation
- Binge Eating Often Overlooked in Men
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Food Nutrition Labels Must Be Made Simpler, Experts Say
- CDC: Most Americans Eat Too Much Salt
- Is High Blood Pressure Linked to Birth Defects?
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Keep Falling: CDC
- Study Suggests Origins of Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Is Female Hormone Disorder Tied to Familial Heart Risk?
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Overweight Kids Risk High Blood Pressure
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Treated for High Blood Pressure: Report
- Doctors Consider Nonverbal Cues in Medical Decisions
- Blood Test May Help Spot Stroke
- Many Skip Doses of Rx Drugs to Save Money
- Soliris Approval Expanded to Include Rare Blood Disorder
- Bed Bug Insecticides Causing Sickness, Officials Warn
- Depression Tied to Higher Risk for Stroke
- Could Divorce Trigger Hair Loss in Women?
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Are Signs of Old Age Really Something More Serious?
- Strokes Rising Among Teens, Young Adults: CDC
- Anger, Stress May Provoke Heart Attacks
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Poor Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure
- Ultrasound of Neck Predicts Who Will Have a Stroke
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Poorly Controlled Asthma Can Boost Chances of Pregnancy Complications
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Breathing Problems During Sleep Linked to Memory Problems
- Gene Discovery Could Lead to New Stroke Treatments
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Dementia Risk for Retired Football Players?
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- High-Sodium, Low-Potassium Diet Linked to Heart Risk
- Obesity Rates Are Increasing in 16 States
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Lucentis May Treat Diabetes-Related Vision Loss
- Metformin: Safer for Heart Than Older Diabetes Drugs?
- Ways to Curb Childhood Obesity Outlined in U.S. Report
- Little Insects, Big Allergic Reactions
- More Olive Oil in Diet Could Cut Stroke Risk: Study
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- Insect Stings Hold Deadly Risk for Some
- Moderate Exercise May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke
- More Stroke Patients Get Clot-Busting Drug But Barriers Remain
- Experts Say Stroke Care Differs for U.S. Minorities
- Prostate Cancer Drug Zytiga May Extend Life
- Baked or Broiled Fish May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Atrial Fibrillation Raises Death Risk for Middle-Aged Women
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- Dietary Supplement May Help Prevent Preeclampsia
- Experimental Drug Targets Overactive Bladder
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Many Strokes Occur in Sleep, Preventing Treatment
- 8 Stroke Triggers for Those With Untreated Aneurysm
- Study Shows Salty Diet Good, Heart Group Disagrees
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- FDA Approves Prostate Cancer Drug Zytiga
- Heart Attacks in the Morning Are More Severe
- Death Rate Declines for Americans With Hypertension
- Low Health Literacy May Have Deadly Consequences
- Wine, Salt, and Your Heart: Confusion Abounds
- New Guidelines: Treat High Blood Pressure in Over-80s
- Too Much TV May Raise Kids' Future Heart Risk
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Rates Rising in U.S.
- Moms May Pass Hypertension Risk to Kids
- Procedure May Lower Hard-to-Treat Hypertension
- 'Mini-Strokes' May Increase Risk of Heart Attack
- Exercise May Cut Salt's Effect on Blood Pressure
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Heart Failure
- EPA Proposes New Mercury Air Pollution Rules
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- Coffee May Lower Stroke Risk
- What's the Best Test for Children's Diabetes?
- Heart Risk Tied to Memory Problems
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- Metabolic Syndrome Linked to Memory Loss
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- New Debate on C-Reactive Protein Test and Statins
- CDC: 26 Million Americans Have Diabetes
- Self-Control in Childhood Brings Adult Success
- Strawberries, Blueberries May Ward Off High Blood Pressure
- 5-a-Day ‘Not Enough' Fruits and Vegetables
- 2 Genes May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- Healthy Hearts in Mediterranean Lands? Maybe Not
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Fewer Americans Have AMD
- Recall of Albuterol Used in Nebulizers
- Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link?
- FDA Moves to Pull Avastin Breast Cancer Approval
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Healthy Lifestyle May Help Prevent Stroke
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- E. coli Linked to Heart, Kidney Disease
- Obese Teens at Risk for Severe Adult Obesity
- Proposed Nutrition Labels May Exclude Sugar
- New Genes Linked to Obesity, Belly Fat
- Mammograms Less Effective Than Believed
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Prescription Drug Use on the Rise in U.S.
- Migraines With Aura May Raise Stroke Risk
- Chocolate May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- FDA Panel Says 'No' to Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Stroke Risk Higher in Hour After 'Happy Hour'
- Obese Kids Have More Reflux Disease
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes: How Low Should You Go?
- Might You Live to 100? Gene Test Tells
- Study: High-Fructose Diets May Raise Blood Pressure
- 90% in U.S. Get Too Much Salt; 5 Foods Blamed
- Heart Attacks Down Sharply, Study Finds
- Walk Your Dog to Unleash Better Health
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Hurts Child's Heart
- High Blood Pressure Prevalent, but Better Controlled
- Cut Back on Sodas to Lower Blood Pressure
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- Debate Over U.S. Plan to Cut Salt in Diet
- Processed Meat Linked to Heart, Diabetes Risks
- Weight Loss Pill Also Lowers Blood Pressure
- Many in U.S. Have at Least 1 Heart Risk Factor
- Fate of New Migraine Drug Is Uncertain
- Experts Urge FDA to Mandate Salt Reduction
- Can You Recognize Symptoms of Minor Stroke?
- Formula Predicts Alzheimer's Longevity
- Sleep Apnea Increases Stroke Risk
- Vitamin C No Help for Preeclampsia
- Should Healthy People Take Statins?
- Cancer Linked to Other Chronic Illnesses
- Ringing in Your Ears?
- Bath Salts Drug Trend: Expert Q&A
- Coffee and Your Health
- azilsartan medoxomil (Edarbi)
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- Dry Mouth
- TLC Diet Daily Food Guide
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- The Truth About Vitamin D
- Calcium Supplements: What To Look For
- Salt: How To Eat Less Salt and Sodium
- High Blood Pressure: When Is It Erectile Dysfunction?
- High Blood Pressure Specific References
- High Blood Pressure Quiz
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Debt Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Medical Conditions Doctors Miss
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- FTC Charges Seasilver with Making False and Deceptive Claims
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- Chinese Diet Pills Dangerous
- Women and Body Image
- Pituitary Tumors
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- HELLP Syndrome...A Pregnancy Complication
- Impatience Omen of Hypertension Alert
- High Blood Pressure - A Silent Killer
- High Blood Pressure Detection
- Tips for Choosing Healthy Snacks
- Test Your Blood Pressure Medication IQ
- Ten Tips To Control High Blood Pressure
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs
- Alcohol, Coffee, Smoking and High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure, Explained!
- Nutrition Savvy Quiz
- Body Rhythms and Hypertension or High Blood Pressure