Trending High Blood Pressure Topics
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the low flow of blood through the arteries and veins. Some of the symptoms of low blood pressure include light-headedness, dizziness, or even fainting.
Watch this slideshow on high blood pressure (hypertension). See inside the arteries and learn causes, symptoms, tests, treatments and remedies to stop this "silent killer."
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and heart attacks. How are dizziness, snoring, and gout related to HBP? Find the answer and learn how medical treatments and lifestyle adjustments fight this common problem.
Related Disease Conditions
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
Portal hypertension is most commonly caused by cirrhosis, a disease in which results from scarring of a liver injury. Other...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Baroreceptors
The body has mechanisms to alter or maintain blood pressure by specialized nerve cells called baroreceptors. See a picture of...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood pressure. Read about high blood...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Causes
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and...
Picture of Hypertension
High blood pressure, defined as a repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a systolic pressure above 140...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
What is low blood pressure (hypotension)? Explore low blood pressure causes, symptoms, and signs. Discover what is considered low...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
Narrowing of the major artery that supplies blood to the kidney. See a picture of the Renal Artery Stenosis and learn more about...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- ARBs & ACE Inhibitors...Powerful Blood Pressure Treatment
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- How Long Does Coumadin (warfarin) Stay in Your System?
- What Causes Hearing Heartbeat in Ears?
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Blood Pressure - Low-Fat Diet, Fruits & Veggies!
- Blood Pressure Elevation Established as Risk for Kidney Failure
- Blood Pressure Guidelines
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms
- Pain Relievers and High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Hypertension In The Elderly - Deserves More Attention
- Inherited High Blood Pressure in a Teenager
- Salt, DASH, High Blood Pressure
Medications & Supplements
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- ACE Inhibitors vs. ARBs
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge)
- amlodipine/atorvastatin - oral, Caduet
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide, Lotensin HCT
- betaxolol, Kerlone (Discontinued Brand)
- bisoprolol, Zebeta
- bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide, Ziac
- bumetanide, Bumex (discontinued brand)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- candesartan cilexetil, Atacand
- captopril, Capoten
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Capozide
- chlorthalidone, Thalitone (Hygroton discontinued brand in USA)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- doxazosin mesylate, Cardura, Cardura XL
- enalapril, Vasotec, Epaned
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, Vaseretic
- felodipine (Plendil)
- furosemide (Lasix)
- High Blood Pressure Drugs (Hypertension)
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril, Ezide, and Hydro-Par have been discontinued)
- indapamide, Lozol (Discontinued)
- irbesartan, Avapro
- labetalol, Normodyne, Trandate
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Zestoretic, Prinzide
- losartan, Cozaar
- losartan and hydrochlorothiazide, Hyzaar
- methyldopa (Aldomet)
- metolazone, Zaroxolyn, Diulo (Discontinued); Mykrox (Discontinued)
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- nisoldipine, Sular
- prazosin (Minipress)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- Thiazides (Diuretics)
- trandolapril, Mavik
- trandolapril/verapamil extended-release - oral, Tarka
- triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide
- valsartan, Diovan
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- Can Sauna Sweats Lower Your Blood Pressure?
- Cutting Salt a Health Boost for Kidney Patients
- Definition of High Blood Pressure Drops
- Doctor-Patient Dialogue May Boost Use of Blood Pressure Drugs
- Healthier Diet, Less Salt: The Recipe to Beat High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure Increasing Worldwide
- High Blood Pressure Often Undiagnosed, Untreated
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Wrong 7 of 10 Times: Study
- Is Pot Linked to Blood Pressure Deaths?
- Health Tip: Is Your Lifestyle Raising Blood Pressure?
- Kids' High Blood Pressure Often Overlooked
- Many People Don't Take Their High Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Moving Toward a Better Blood Pressure Pill
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- Some May Need a Little Help Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Swings in Blood Pressure Can Pose Long-Term Dangers
- Even Teens Can Suffer Organ Damage From High Blood Pressure
- Too Many Americans Have High Blood Pressure, Doctors Warn
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Can Treating Gum Disease Keep Blood Pressure in Line?
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Young Adults May Be Ignoring High Blood Pressure
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- Alcohol, Coffee, Smoking and High Blood Pressure
- azilsartan medoxomil (Edarbi)
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- Body Rhythms and Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure - A Silent Killer
- High Blood Pressure Detection
- High Blood Pressure Quiz
- High Blood Pressure Specific References
- High Blood Pressure, Explained!
- High Blood Pressure: The Invisible Health Risk
- Impatience Omen of Hypertension Alert
- Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Salt: How To Eat Less Salt and Sodium
- Ten Tips To Control High Blood Pressure
- Test Your Blood Pressure Medication IQ
- Hypertension: The New Low for High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure and Pain Relievers
- High Blood Pressure: Treat, Don't Tolerate
- Water Pills Help All With Hypertension