Trending High Blood Pressure Topics
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the low flow of blood through the arteries and veins. Some of the symptoms of low blood pressure include light-headedness, dizziness, or even fainting.
Watch this slideshow on high blood pressure (hypertension). See inside the arteries and learn causes, symptoms, tests, treatments and remedies to stop this "silent killer."
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and heart attacks. How are dizziness, snoring, and gout related to HBP? Find the answer and learn how medical treatments and lifestyle adjustments fight this common problem.
Related Disease Conditions
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
Portal hypertension is most commonly caused by cirrhosis, a disease that results from scarring of the liver. Other causes of...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Baroreceptors
The body has mechanisms to alter or maintain blood pressure by specialized nerve cells called baroreceptors. See a picture of...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood pressure. Read about high blood...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Causes
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and...
Picture of Hypertension
High blood pressure, defined as a repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a systolic pressure above 140...
Hypertension: 15 Surprising Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure
Salt, worry, and anger aren't the only things that can raise your blood pressure. Risk factors like loneliness and birth control...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
What is low blood pressure (hypotension)? Explore low blood pressure causes, symptoms, and signs. Discover what is considered low...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
Narrowing of the major artery that supplies blood to the kidney. See a picture of the Renal Artery Stenosis and learn more about...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- ARBs & ACE Inhibitors...Powerful Blood Pressure Treatment
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Blood Pressure Elevation Established as Risk for Kidney Failure
- Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Blood Pressure - Low-Fat Diet, Fruits & Veggies!
- How Long Does Coumadin (warfarin) Stay in Your System?
- Does Blood Pressure Change Depending on Your Position?
- What Causes Hearing Heartbeat in Ears?
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms
- Pain Relievers and High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Hypertension In The Elderly - Deserves More Attention
- What Does Hypertension Urgency Mean?
- Inherited High Blood Pressure in a Teenager
- Salt, DASH, High Blood Pressure
- What Is the Difference Between ACE Inhibitors and A Beta Blockers?
Medications & Supplements
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- ACE Inhibitors vs. ARBs
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge)
- amlodipine/atorvastatin - oral, Caduet
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers vs. Calcium Channel Blockers
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide (Lotensin HCT)
- Beta Blockers vs. ARBs
- Beta Blockers vs. Calcium Channel Blockers
- betaxolol, Kerlone (Discontinued Brand)
- bisoprolol (Zebeta)
- bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide (Ziac)
- bumetanide, Bumex (discontinued brand)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Calcium Channel Blockers vs. ACE Inhibitors
- candesartan cilexetil, Atacand
- captopril (Capoten)
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide (Capozide)
- chlorthalidone (Thalitone)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- doxazosin mesylate (Cardura)
- enalapril (Vasotec, Epaned)
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide (Vaseretic)
- felodipine (Plendil)
- furosemide (Lasix)
- High Blood Pressure Drugs (Hypertension)
- hydralazine (Apresoline) vs. hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide)
- hydralazine (Apresoline) vs. clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay)
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril)
- indapamide, Lozol (Discontinued)
- Indapamide vs. thiazide diuretics
- irbesartan (Avapro)
- labetalol, Normodyne, Trandate
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (Zestoretic, Prinzide)
- losartan (Cozaar)
- losartan and hydrochlorothiazide (Hyzaar)
- methyldopa (Aldomet)
- metolazone (Zaroxolyn)
- Metolazone vs. thiazide diuretics
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- nisoldipine (Sular)
- prazosin (Minipress)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- Thiazides (Diuretics)
- trandolapril (Mavik)
- trandolapril/verapamil extended-release - oral, Tarka
- triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide
- valsartan, Diovan
Prevention & Wellness
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- Alcohol, Coffee, Smoking and High Blood Pressure
- azilsartan medoxomil (Edarbi)
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- Body Rhythms and Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure - A Silent Killer
- High Blood Pressure Quiz
- High Blood Pressure Specific References
- High Blood Pressure, Explained!
- High Blood Pressure: The Invisible Health Risk
- Impatience Omen of Hypertension Alert
- Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Salt: How To Eat Less Salt and Sodium
- Hypertension: The New Low for High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure and Pain Relievers
- High Blood Pressure: Treat, Don't Tolerate
- Water Pills Help All With Hypertension