Trending High Blood Pressure Topics
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the low flow of blood through the arteries and veins. Some of the symptoms of low blood pressure include light-headedness, dizziness, or even fainting.
Watch this slideshow on high blood pressure (hypertension). See inside the arteries and learn causes, symptoms, tests, treatments and remedies to stop this "silent killer."
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and heart attacks. How are dizziness, snoring, and gout related to HBP? Find the answer and learn how medical treatments and lifestyle adjustments fight this common problem.
Related Disease Conditions
What Are the Best Fruits for Lowering Blood Pressure?
The best fruits for lowering blood pressure include citrus fruits, berries, bananas, pomegranates, prunes, and melons....
What Is the Normal Blood Pressure Range?
Blood pressure is the force applied by the blood over the inner walls of the arteries. Although the average blood pressure for a...
What Does it Mean When the Bottom Number of Your Blood Pressure is Over 100?
Diastolic blood pressure (DBP) is the pressure exerted on the walls of the arteries when the heart muscle relaxes between beats....
Can Blood Pressure Spike For No Reason?
It is normal for your blood pressure to rise and fall throughout the day. Your blood pressure can fluctuate at any time due to...
Can High Blood Pressure (HBP) Cause Blood in Urine?
Blood in your urine is also known as hematuria. Very rarely, it is caused by high blood pressure (HBP) — also known as...
Can You Take Turmeric with Blood Pressure Medication?
Turmeric may not react well with some medications, including blood pressure medication....
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
How Can I Lower My Blood Pressure in Minutes?
Learn how to lower your high blood pressure quickly and how to better manage this condition....
How Do I Know If I Have High or Low Blood Pressure Numbers?
High or low blood pressure can lead to serious health conditions. Learn more about what you should do if your pressure is outside...
How Do You Check Your Blood Pressure With Your Fingers?
Most doctors recommend the use of a blood pressure machine to check blood pressure. An individual may check heart rate with their...
How Does High Blood Pressure Affect Pregnancy?
High blood pressure during pregnancy can cause serious complications. Learn more about the signs of and risks associated with the...
How Is Diastolic Hypertension Treated?
Diastolic hypertension, where only your diastolic blood pressure is elevated, may be treated with lifestyle changes such as...
How Often Should Blood Pressure be Checked?
People older than 40 years should check their blood pressure once a year, while those between 18 and 40 years old should check it...
How to Lower My Blood Pressure Immediately
If you face any complications of high blood pressure such as a stroke or heart attack, contact your physician without any delay....
Which Is More Important: Systolic or Diastolic Blood Pressure?
Systolic blood pressure is often given more attention as a risk factor for heart disease. However, both systolic and diastolic...
Is 110/60 a Too Low Blood Pressure?
A blood pressure reading of 110/60 mmHg is usually not considered a low blood pressure....
Is 150 Over 90 a Good Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure of 150/90 mmHg comes under the category of stage I hypertension and means that you have high blood pressure....
Is A Manual Blood Pressure More Accurate?
Manual blood pressure gives accurate results when used correctly by a trained person. However, manual blood pressure measurement...
Is It Okay to Take Blood Pressure Multiple Times?
International hypertension societies recommend taking multiple blood pressure measurements over several days....
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
What Is the Most Common Cause of Hypertensive Crisis?
The most common cause of hypertensive crisis is a sudden increase in blood pressure in people with chronic hypertension, often...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
Portal hypertension is most commonly caused by cirrhosis, a disease that results from scarring of the liver. Other causes of...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
10 Ways to Lower Blood Pressure Without Medication
Lifestyle changes are effective in controlling high blood pressure....
What Are Abnormal Blood Pressure Number Ranges?
Abnormal blood pressure, especially high blood pressure, is a common issue with no initial symptoms. Learn how to keep your blood...
What Are Blood Oxygen Levels?
Blood oxygen levels (arterial oxygen) indicate the oxygen levels present in the blood that flows through the arteries of the...
High Blood Pressure Symptoms
Most people with high blood pressure have no signs or symptoms, even if blood pressure readings reach dangerously high levels. In...
What Are the 4 Stages of Hypertension?
Learn the four stages of hypertension, which include normal, elevated blood pressure, stage I hypertension, and stage II...
What Are the Symptoms of Thrombosis?
Depending on the location of the thrombus or blood clot, thrombosis may include pain and warmth in the area of the clot, or chest...
What Are the Top Drinks to Lower Blood Pressure?
The top drinks for lowering blood pressure include beverages that are rich in nutrients and low in sodium and fats. Learn the 10...
What Causes High Blood Pressure in Children?
Research states that kidney disease is the main cause of high blood pressure in children; however, here are the other potential...
What Does It Mean When the Diastolic Number is High?
A high diastolic reading (equal to or greater than 120 mmHg) is linked to a higher risk of heart disease, abdominal aortic...
What Foods Are Good If You Have Low Blood Pressure?
What is low blood pressure and what causes it? Learn the signs and symptoms of low blood pressure and what you can do to treat it....
What Is a Normal Blood Pressure Check?
A normal blood pressure check should be below 120/80 mmHg in adults (18 years and older)....
What Is High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)?
High blood pressure or hypertension is when the blood pressure readings consistently range from 140 or higher for systolic or 90...
What Is Normal Blood Pressure by Age?
What is normal blood pressure? Learn about normal blood pressure by age and the risk factors of hypertension....
What Is Normal Blood Pressure for a 60-Year-Old?
According to current guidelines from the American Heart Association, normal blood pressure for adults under the age of 65 is any...
What Is Considered Stroke-Level High Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure readings above 180/120 mmHg are considered stroke-level, dangerously high, and require immediate medical attention....
What Is the Drug of Choice for Hypertension?
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are the drug of choice for hypertension. Learn about other high blood pressure...
What Is the Proper Way to Take Your Blood Pressure?
Nowadays, you can easily measure your blood pressure at home using an automated blood pressure machine or sphygmomanometer....
What Reduces Cholesterol Quickly?
High blood cholesterol levels can be managed to a great extent with lifestyle changes. However, not taking medicine isn’t a...
What Can I Eat To Lower My Blood Pressure Immediately?
Learn what you can eat to lower your blood pressure to a more healthy level and help you manage hypertension....
What Will Happen if Your Blood Pressure is Too High?
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, can have negative consequences on your health. Learn what happens if your blood...
Which ACE Inhibitor Is the Best for Hypertension?
The best ACE inhibitors for hypertension include Trandolapril, Enalapril, and Ramipril....
Why Does Alcohol Cause Hypertension?
Alcoholic beverages are regular drinks in most parts of the world. No one knows how alcohol causes hypertension, but it may be...
Why Is My Bottom Blood Pressure Number High?
Isolated diastolic hypertension (IDH) occurs when your systolic blood pressure is normal, and only your diastolic blood pressure...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Baroreceptors
The body has mechanisms to alter or maintain blood pressure by specialized nerve cells called baroreceptors. See a picture of...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
What Is High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)? Symptoms, Treatments
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? What is normal blood pressure? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Causes
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and...
Picture of Hypertension
High blood pressure, defined as a repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a systolic pressure above 140...
Hypertension: 15 Surprising Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure
Salt, worry, and anger aren't the only things that can raise your blood pressure. Risk factors like loneliness and birth control...
Hypertension: Worst Foods for High Blood Pressure
Diagnosed with high blood pressure or trying to avoid it? Stay away from these foods....
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Symptoms, Signs, Causes
What is low blood pressure (hypotension)? Explore low blood pressure causes, symptoms, and signs. Discover what is considered low...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise and Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Picture of Renal Artery Stenosis
Narrowing of the major artery that supplies blood to the kidney. See a picture of the Renal Artery Stenosis and learn more about...
Salt & Low Sodium Diet Quiz
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- ARBs & ACE Inhibitors...Powerful Blood Pressure Treatment
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Blood Pressure Elevation Established as Risk for Kidney Failure
- Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Blood Pressure - Low-Fat Diet, Fruits & Veggies!
- How Long Does Coumadin (warfarin) Stay in Your System?
- Does Blood Pressure Change Depending on Your Position?
- What Causes Hearing Heartbeat in Ears?
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms
- Pain Relievers and High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Hypertension In The Elderly - Deserves More Attention
- What Does Hypertension Urgency Mean?
- Inherited High Blood Pressure in a Teenager
- Salt, DASH, High Blood Pressure
- What Is the Difference Between ACE Inhibitors and A Beta Blockers?
Medications & Supplements
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- ACE Inhibitors vs. ARBs
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril)
- amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge)
- amlodipine/atorvastatin - oral, Caduet
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers vs. Calcium Channel Blockers
- atenolol and chlorthalidone, Tenoretic
- Azor (amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil)
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide (Lotensin HCT)
- Benicar HCT (olmesartan medoxomil-hydrochlorothiazide)
- Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil)
- Beta Blockers vs. ARBs
- Beta Blockers vs. Calcium Channel Blockers
- betaxolol, Kerlone (Discontinued Brand)
- bisoprolol (Zebeta)
- bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide (Ziac)
- bumetanide, Bumex (discontinued brand)
- Calcium Channel Blockers vs. ACE Inhibitors
- candesartan cilexetil, Atacand
- captopril (Capoten)
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide (Capozide)
- chlorthalidone (Thalitone)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- Conjupri (levamlodipine)
- Consensi (amlodipine and celecoxib)
- Corlopam (fenoldopam mesylate) Injection
- doxazosin mesylate (Cardura)
- enalapril (Vasotec, Epaned)
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide (Vaseretic)
- felodipine (Plendil)
- furosemide (Lasix)
- High Blood Pressure Drugs (Hypertension)
- hydralazine (Apresoline) vs. hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide)
- hydralazine (Apresoline) vs. clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay)
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril)
- indapamide, Lozol (Discontinued)
- Indapamide vs. thiazide diuretics
- irbesartan (Avapro)
- labetalol, Normodyne, Trandate
- Letairis (ambrisentan)
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (Zestoretic, Prinzide)
- losartan (Cozaar)
- losartan and hydrochlorothiazide (Hyzaar)
- methyldopa (Aldomet)
- metolazone (Zaroxolyn)
- Metolazone vs. thiazide diuretics
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- nisoldipine (Sular)
- prazosin (Minipress)
- Prestalia (perindopril arginine and amlodipine)
- Side Effects of Benicar HCT (olmesartan medoxomil-hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Accupril (quinapril)
- Side Effects of Altace (ramipril)
- Side Effects of Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril)
- Side Effects of Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil)
- Side Effects of Atacand (candesartan)
- Side Effects of Capoten (captopril)
- Side Effects of Capozide (captopril and hydrochlorothiazide/HCTZ)
- Side Effects of Coreg (carvedilol)
- Side Effects of Thalitone (chlorthalidone)
- Side Effects of Pletal (cilostazol)
- Side Effects of Catapres (clonidine)
- Side Effects of Cardizem (diltiazem)
- Side Effects of Diovan (valsartan)
- Side Effects of Cardura (doxazosin)
- Side Effects of Dyazide (triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Vasotec (enalapril)
- Side Effects of Vaseretic (enalapril/hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Exforge (amlodipine and valsartan)
- Side Effects of Monopril (fosinopril)
- Side Effects of Tenex (guanfacine)
- Side Effects of Apresoline (hydralazine)
- Side Effects of Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Lozol (indapamide)
- Side Effects of Inderal (propranolol)
- Side Effects of Avapro (irbesartan)
- Side Effects of Trandate (labetalol)
- Side Effects of Zestril (lisinopril)
- Side Effects of Zestoretic (lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Cozaar (losartan)
- Side Effects of Hyzaar (losartan and hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side Effects of Lotensin (benazepril)
- Side Effects of Mavik (trandolapril)
- Side Effects of Aldomet (methyldopa)
- Side Effects of Zaroxolyn (metolazone)
- Side Effects of Lopressor (metoprolol)
- Side Effects of Micardis (telmisartan)
- Side Effects of Minipress (prazosin)
- Side Effects of Sular (nisoldipine)
- Tekturna HCT (hydrochlorothiazide and aliskiren)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- Thiazides (Diuretics)
- trandolapril (Mavik)
- trandolapril/verapamil extended-release - oral, Tarka
- triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide
- Tribenzor (olmesartan medoxomil, amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide)
- valsartan, Diovan
- Ziac (bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
Prevention & Wellness
- Are You Getting Enough Potassium in Your Diet?
- 24 Best Foods for Blood Circulation
- Do Chemists Do Blood Pressure Checks?
- Is 110 Over 70 a Good Blood Pressure?
- What Is the Most Accurate Blood Pressure Monitor for Home Use 2021?
- DASH Diet (for High Blood Pressure)
- Which Salt Is Good for High Blood Pressure?
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- Alcohol, Coffee, Smoking and High Blood Pressure
- azilsartan medoxomil (Edarbi)
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- Body Rhythms and Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure - A Silent Killer
- High Blood Pressure Quiz
- High Blood Pressure Specific References
- High Blood Pressure, Explained!
- High Blood Pressure: The Invisible Health Risk
- Impatience Omen of Hypertension Alert
- Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Salt: How To Eat Less Salt and Sodium
- Hypertension: The New Low for High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure and Pain Relievers
- High Blood Pressure: Treat, Don't Tolerate
- Water Pills Help All With Hypertension