- What other names is Herb Robert known by?
- What is Herb Robert?
- How does Herb Robert work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Herb Robert.
Herb Robert is used for diarrhea; to improve functioning of the liver and gallbladder; to reduce swelling (inflammation) of the kidney, bladder, and gallbladder; and to prevent the formation of stones in the kidney, bladder, or gallbladder.
Some people use Herb Robert as a mouthwash or gargle. The fresh leaves are chewed to relieve sore mouth and throat.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Treating diarrhea.
- Improving liver and gallbladder function.
- Reducing swelling of the kidney, bladder, and gallbladder.
- Preventing formation of stones in the kidney, bladder, or gallbladder.
- Treating sore mouth and throat, when the fresh leaves are chewed.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Quick GuideVitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of Herb Robert during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.