Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Treatments

What was the treatment for your hepatitis B? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Robert J.P., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I noticed on a blog someone suggested cutting the nail straight caused ingrown toenail. As I was at the podiatrist every 3 months who trimmed off the medial part of the big toenail I thought I would give it a try. It worked for me. I file the nail if it gets too long, but so it has a nice curve. Probably trimming straight affects the architecture of the nail.

Comment from: sunayanaa, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I am taking Ayurveda medicines for my chronic hepatitis B and I am seeing remarkable improvement. I have all the test results (including viral load) to support this.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 30

I was diagnosed as hepatitis b carrier after tests were done to investigate fatigue. I have chronic hepatitis b with fibrosis of my liver already present. I started treatment of Limivudine which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant and I am now on Adedovir which has again reduced the viral load. I suffer permanent fatigue and insomnia but undergo regular checks and ultrasound scans to monitor my condition.

Comment from: Phil, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: August 17

Back in the 1980s and 90s I donated blood to Life Source as frequently as possible. However, in 1997 or 1998 they contacted me and told me they could no longer use my blood because I had contracted the hepatitis B virus. My doctor told me I probably contracted it through my husband who had ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I was his main caregiver and foolishly never used gloves while handling his feeding tube (stoma) which sometimes bled. Now in 2011 I'm still feeling fine, and even though I can't donate blood anymore, was told my own blood could be used if I should need a transfusion.

Comment from: Rosalie cat, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

My mother was having eating difficulties. First we were thinking that she had a gastric problem, but on the 26th of January we went to see a doctor. He sent us to the clinic to do a gastroscopy, where they also did a biopsy. The doctor sent her to the hospital on the 2nd of February. There she got one week of treatment and on the 9th of February she had the surgical intervention to remove the esophageal cancer. She stayed two weeks in the ICU and passed away on the 26th of February 2016.

Comment from: boyfriend, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 17

My girlfriend was diagnosed of hepatitis B last month. Eventually this situation has changed a lot of things in her life, she stopped drinking alcohol, eats fruits daily, drinks skimmed mild rather than soft drinks. Because of her condition, she can no longer work abroad. As of now there are no signs and symptoms appearing.

Comment from: Bravo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 24

My father is 72 years old. He was diagnosed with hepatitis B disease a month ago. He's lost 18 lbs, is nauseous, and has no taste when eating. He is very weak so we airlifted him to the hospital. It was then that the doctor found out that his hepatitis B virus resurfaced. Now he is given Entecavir Baraclude to be taken once every 3 days.

Comment from: Chris, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I was born with Chronic Hepatitis B. I didn't have any problems or symptoms until last year. I am now undergoing Interferon treatment, and have been for four months. I have lost 25 lbs., and most of my hair. Physically, I'm doing ok. Emotionally, I'm up and down. This is a process, and the one thing I wish I could handle is my patience. I need to be more patient, and realize this too shall pass.

Comment from: David, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 05

I never knew I was living with Hepatitis B not until I went for an Airforce Interview and that was what screened me out of getting that Job. Then, I look at myself without any hope again. I had another 3 test after the one at AIRFORCE hospital May 2010 making it 4 times, and it all tested REACTIVE. I had no feeling of any symptoms except the feeling of tiredness from waking up in the morning and sometimes the two tissues of my leg used to ache me. I have met with doctors and nurses and they gave me confident that it will go and which I accepted with faith. I don't know how I contracted it. The painful part of it is that I have not given birth to any children and am afraid of having sex with my wife to be coz I didn't want her or the baby to contact it. I believe in GOD almighty.

Comment from: rehas, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

Hi! I am positive in hepatitis b virus. I am experiencing insomnia, loss of appetite, dizziness.

View Hepatitis Slideshow Pictures