Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: Peps Harky, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

I am man aged 29, Angolan by nationality. I have had warts on my genital organs for the past 2 years (2015-2017). I tested Hepatitis b positive (BHC 9.1) in August 2017. Through research, I have not found any symptoms like mine on the internet.

Comment from: benis, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

I got tested of hepatitis B in 2015 and it shows positive but I wonder why my partner is not having the virus.

Comment from: joyce12, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I am a hepatitis B carrier, but before I knew that I am a carrier when I undergone a blood test for work, I didn't feel any tiredness that time. I was devastated and hopeless, I don't know what to do.

Comment from: MicnKC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I was diagnosed with HepB 2 weeks ago and was devastated by the news. I have been ill and sore for over 10 years, with no one being able to figure out what was wrong with me. It was always written off as a virus or infection. Then 2 years ago the severe muscle cramps started. I had them from scalp to toes, and it was when they ran the full spectrum of tests to figure the cramps out, that they discovered the HepB along with severe Vitamin D deficiency, which I now link to the HepB. I am so tired and nauseous and in constant pain. I am just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!! :P

Comment from: kojo, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I got tested of hepatitis B just yesterday (13/4/2015) and the results shows that I am positive. But there are no signs and symptoms in my body. I don't know how I contacted this deadly disease. Because of money problems I have to use my father's toothbrush, because there is no money to buy one. I ask of the medications and it is too expensive for me to afford. The doctor explained to me that there are acute and chronic hepatitis. I will be at the hospital to test whether I am acute or chronic. I know I will get rid of this virus.

Comment from: Malin, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I'm a hepatitis B carrier, and I found it out 3 years ago when I need some medical test for applying for a job. It scares me a lot, and I have been so hopeless since I heard it, I feel like I'm an outcast and different from others. I cry all night, I can't think properly, I'm so down. Even my doctor advised that I cannot transmit the virus using same utensils, saliva, etc., except if I have sexual intercourse. I'm still sick, no one in my family has this disease. And I don't know where I got it. I have taken blood tests many times and my liver is okay, and I never feel pain in my body, but I can't sleep well every night since I have known my situation.

Comment from: Martha L., 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 14

My husband was on intensive care in 2002 due to cholesterol medications affecting his liver. He turned a gold color and a resident said it caused hepatitis B. He had been through a series of hepatitis B vaccinations before he could accept a job at work years before this and we need to know if this would be considered having hepatitis B since he wants to be a body donor when he passes.

Comment from: thess, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 08

In 1999 when I knew that I'm hepatitis B carrier, I didn't visit the doctor. Since then I'm suffering from joint pain and back pain and also my urine is so dark and yellow. I don't know what to do, I have 5 kids, and I am worried they have it too.

Hepatitis B - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.