Patient Comments: Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: dslam, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 29

I'm taking 5 mg Eliquis twice daily for atrial fibrillation. After suffering a minor bruise to my upper calf (did not break the skin) I developed a large painful hematoma. Over the next week my leg turned black to the bottom of my foot. Nothing including cold and hot other than time reduced the color or pain. After three weeks it is still visible.

Comment from: Ga2615, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

Last week, while giving platelets at the Red Cross, the needle came partially out of the vein. It was out for some time before I felt a lot of pain. When it was checked, I had a large hematoma, about the size of a baseball by my elbow and the fluid had filled all the way up to my arm pit. I put heat on it the first day and elevated the arm. The second day I used a heat pad several times. Today it is still very sore and swollen and a dark purple from my bicep to my forearm.

Comment from: TryingToHealQuickly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was attacked by two German shepherd mixes. One bit my elbow while I was raking in my elderly parents' yard. Huge bruising and now a lump (I presume hematoma) has formed. I was given tetanus, Augmentin and Motrin, and lorazepam for the shock of it. My arm stings from fang marks. No stitches, thank goodness. It feels like a pinched nerve sometimes because I have to type to do my job. I am trying ice. That soothes it.

Comment from: cxstich22, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 30

After falling on cement on my forehead in my garage, I've been having bad headaches and ringing in my ears. I've been taking pain pills.

Comment from: Noun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

My hematoma started after I had several treatment sessions to get rid of cellulite and water retention. The pain started in my upper and lower legs. I wasn't able to drive for a long time or bend down to pick something up or move my legs. Sometimes, it was hard to walk in the morning. I had an ultrasound and the doctor said I didn't have any varices, but he did find a hematoma in my upper leg. He asked me if I had an injury or if I had been in a car accident. I had a bad motorcycle accident many years ago but I have fallen on the stairs twice recently. I wish they could do something about the pain in my muscles.

Take the Blood Disorders Quiz