Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of H. pylori? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Larry, Male (Patient) Published: January 10

I had my first symptom while at the park; intense and painful stomach cramping. I could hardly drive home, I was so bent over with stomach cramps. This went on and off for 2 days. Pain, the most pain I've ever had. I thought it was gallbladder. I went to the doctor who understood the symptoms. He did the test which was positive for H. pylori. I had never heard of it. After treatment I went back to the doctor because muscle cramping still would show up occasionally. I was put on muscle relaxers. I took it for a couple of weeks when needed. I talked to a nurse later who also thought she had a gallbladder attack. But it was H. pylori too.

Comment from: Kimmy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My symptoms of H. pylori were nausea, vomiting and inability to keep even liquids down, feeling of fullness, more like a balloon, cramping, and feeling like I had an impacted colon between the large and small intestines. This was after a colonoscopy and I came back to see my regular doctor due to the continued pain/lump-feeling in my abdomen. H. pylori was determined after a blood test. I am now on horse-choking antibiotics and was told not to take my blood pressure medicines or my cholesterol medicines. The antibiotics or possibly the H. pylori has kicked me, and I've been sleeping a lot.

Comment from: QTINMEMPHIS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I don't know when my symptoms of Helicobacter pylori actually started, but it was years ago, at least 5. My symptoms were nausea and vomiting, but I wasn't vomiting food. I just recently found out that it was bile. A yellowish greenish liquid substance is what I was throwing up. I really didn't think it was my stomach, because I was only vomiting once a month when I was having my menstrual cycle. I thought the two were related somehow, until late last year. I was treated with an antibiotic cocktail for four days. It made me sicker in the beginning. I started throwing up daily until the last 3 days of the antibiotics. Thank goodness that I haven't experienced nausea or vomiting since then.

Comment from: sandyb68, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I started having acid reflux type symptoms (burning in stomach) and then the H. pylori symptoms increased to stomach pain under sternum, especially when I had an empty stomach. I also had fatigue and diarrhea at times.

Comment from: liz66, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been feeling unwell in the gut for years, had celiac test, had numerous ultrasounds, but nothing was found. I was told to cut back on junk food, beer, eat smaller meals eat vegetables etc. Nothing changed, I gained weight, bloated, and was feeling sick all the time, and had pain under right breast all the time. They thought it was gallstones, I do have them but they are not blocking the duct. Then I was tested for Helicobacter pylori, I had never heard of it before, and it came back positive. I am now taking 2 antibiotic medications to try and get rid of it.

Comment from: Jean, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

Chronic urticaria led me to various tests and H. Pylori is discovered. Antibiotics aggravate my urticaria problem. It's been going on for last one year.

woman with abdominal pain