Patient Comments: Heartburn - Symptoms

What symptoms have you had associated with heartburn? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Len, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

My heartburn was associated to my hives. Every time I am experiencing heartburn my hives will appear.

Comment from: Lee, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

I have really bad warm burning chest pains ongoing for a few years now. The heartburn got to a point where most foods I struggle to eat.

Comment from: kk, 65-74 (Patient) Published: August 31

I have severe tightening in the middle of my chest, pain radiating down right arm, and while that is occurring, I begin to break out in a sweat. The tightening is very painful. I found out I had gastritis, GERD and heartburn after going to the emergency room with symptoms of a heart attack. I also have sour belch and do a lot of belching.

Comment from: Enoth, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I have the following issues which I think they are as the result of heartburn; shortness of breath, radiation to the arms or neck, and dizziness.

Comment from: Pumpkin, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

My heartburn starts around mid-day through evening. It's located about the lower rib cage area. Burping and burning are symptoms. I never eat spicy foods and don't drink alcohol or wine. I'm 64, retired female.

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

After I eat, within 10 minutes, I have stomach pains. I wonder if this is heartburn. I don't have any burning or reflux.

Comment from: Lazlo Pozzo, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I have very painful heartburn. My chest feels like it's clogged up, and my stomach pains a lot when I have severe heartburn.

Comment from: Lulu, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

I have had constipation, I am not passing gas or burping. I have burning sensation up on my upper chest.

Comment from: emela, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have coughing with no reason and a tendency to vomit are the symptoms I face!

Comment from: Janardhan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I have feeling like heartburn and uneasiness on the left side of the chest.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter