Patient Comments: Heart Failure - Types

Which type of heart failure do you have and how was it diagnosed? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Pat, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I had supraventricular tachycardia in the 80s. I was given verapamil for about a year. I realized I still had rapid heartbeat but lived with it. I found out by accident about 2 years ago that I had also ectopic beats from an ECG. I saw a specialist, had all tests and scans done. Eventually I was sent for MRI scan. Results showed I'd had myocarditis previously, left scarring. I was put on bisoprolol 2.5; felt really rough. I cut myself down to 1.25 with the general physician agreeing. I am waiting to see another specialist. It is 8 months later now. I have put on half a stone. I want to know what my prognosis is; truth!

View Heart Disease (Coronary Artery Disease) Slideshow Pictures