Patient Comments: Heart Failure - Types

Which type of heart failure do you have and how was it diagnosed? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: LadySelenaIsara , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I'm a 47 year old female and have diastolic heart failure. I look very young, early 30s. I had an echo and radioactive stress test. I had to fight to get these. My general physician (GP) yelled at me that it was all in my head (I have posttraumatic stress disorder) and if I would accept that I would feel better. He sent me to his friend a cardiologist so I would feel better but not because he believed me. I see the cardiologist now but haven't gone back to the GP. The cardiologist is sending me to an expert on diastolic heart failure.

Comment from: Pat, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I had supraventricular tachycardia in the 80s. I was given verapamil for about a year. I realized I still had rapid heartbeat but lived with it. I found out by accident about 2 years ago that I had also ectopic beats from an ECG. I saw a specialist, had all tests and scans done. Eventually I was sent for MRI scan. Results showed I'd had myocarditis previously, left scarring. I was put on bisoprolol 2.5; felt really rough. I cut myself down to 1.25 with the general physician agreeing. I am waiting to see another specialist. It is 8 months later now. I have put on half a stone. I want to know what my prognosis is; truth!

Comment from: Hugh, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

I had a systolic heart failure with 35 percent ejection fraction, discovered after a widow maker, triple blockage.

Comment from: Jaffy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I have diastolic dysfunction, cardiopulmonary effusion and Conn's syndrome.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter