Patient Comments: Heart Failure - Experience

Please share your experience with heart failure. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jane , 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 04

My 90 year old mom is in better health than me. I experienced severe shortness of breath, nocturia, chronic cough, audible chest sounds, loss of sleep, and fluid in lungs with heart failure. I am being treated, but am scared sometimes.

Comment from: LadySelenaIsara, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I can't feel my feet anymore. They feel cold and frozen from the inside but room temperature to the touch. I have diastolic heart failure. I am the patient but also my mum's caregiver but not a good one lately. I'm very angry. I can't eat, I don't feel like it and when I do I often get diarrhea. I don't sleep well but last night with a large cocktail of sleep aids I got 7 hours. It didn't help with my mood though.

Comment from: Ton, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I've just been diagnosed with acute chronic diastolic heart failure. I have no family left to lean on with this and the man I've been with for 10 years could care less. My emotions are like a rollercoaster and I can't share them with anyone. I'm so lost.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter