Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and conditions that overwork the heart. Symptoms of heart failure include
- congested lungs,
- fluid and water retention,
- fatigue and weakness, and
- rapid or irregular heartbeats.
There are two types of congestive heart failure, systolic or left-sided heart failure; and diastolic or right-sided heart failure. Treatment, prognosis, and life-expectancy for a person with congestive heart failure depends upon the stage of the disease.Read more: Heart Failure Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
Sugar lurks in surprising places. Take the Sugar Quiz to learn of the many ways sugar sneaks into your diet and see what you know...
Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
Protein is a staple in our diets, but what happens if we get too much? Take this quiz to find out the truth about protein and...
Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
Take our Superfoods Quiz! Get to know how unprocessed, raw, organic foods and healthy drinks are rich in nutrients and dietary...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
Even if you think you're getting enough fruits and vegetables per day, how can you be sure? Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to...
Heart Failure Quiz
What is heart failure? Learn about this dangerous condition, as well as who is at risk, and what to do about it....
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi transmitted to humans through infected deer ticks. Lyme disease...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart Medication
When diet and exercise aren't enough, should you turn to drugs? Learn cholesterol basics, drug classes, and available drugs along...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
One of the best ways to improve your health is to quit smoking. These practical tips to help you quit smoking have been shown to...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
25 Effects of Smoking on Your Looks and Life
What are the effects of smoking tobacco? Besides and increased risk of smoking related diseases, smoking can affect your looks...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
10 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches: Unhealthy Choices in Pictures
Want to know what the good and bad fast-food sandwiches choices are? Our experts explore the nutrition facts of major restaurant...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Worst-Appetizer Pictures: Spinach Dip, Potato Skins, and More
A tasty appetizer can be a great start to any meal--but some appetizers are diet disasters. Potato skins and cheese fries pack on...
Easy, Tasty Grilled Foods for Dinner Tonight in Pictures
Explore easy and tasty grilled foods. When your rushed to get dinner on the table, fire up the grill and use these delicious,...
High-Fiber Super Foods: Whole Grains, Fruits, & More
Learn about high-fiber foods. From fresh fruits to whole grains, these fiber-rich foods can lower cholesterol, prevent...
13 Easy Ways to Eat More Greens
Learn 13 easy ways to add more greens to your diet. Discover how to add kale, spinach, broccoli rabe and more into your diet....
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
Food Swaps for Meals and Snacks for Heart Health in Pictures
Explore 10 food swaps for heart-wise dining. Learn what food to buy and how to cook in order to make a big difference for your...
Healthy Eating: 16 Resolutions for Better Habits
Is eating better one of your New Year's resolutions? Get tips for healthier eating habits to incorporate into daily life...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Foot Health: Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles
Swollen feet and ankles may be associated with conditions like pregnancy, injury, heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease,...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from Government...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Readings, and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle and can be caused by a variety of infections, conditions, and viruses....
Klippel-Trènaunay-Weber (KTW) syndrome is a condition characterized by: port-wine stains or birthmark malformations in the...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Alpha thalassemia is a disorder in which the alpha globin protein is underproduced. There are two pairs of genes that carry the...
ICU psychosis is a disorder (also a form of delirium or acute brain failure) in which patients in an intensive care unit or a...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Myxedema (Crisis) Coma
Myxedema (crisis) coma is the loss of brain function due to severe longstanding low levels of thyroid hormone in the blood....
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease occurs when the heart valves do not work the way they should. Symptoms of valve disease include shortness of...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Carcinoid Syndrome (Carcinoid Tumor)
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Medical shock is a life-threatening medical condition. There are several types of medical shock, including: septic shock,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Learn about mitochondrial disease, genetic disease in which include a group of neuromuscular diseases that are caused by damage...
Emphysema is a COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that often occurs with other obstructive pulmonary problems and...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Diet, Treatment
Hyponatremia is a condition in which the levels of sodium in the blood is too low. Some of the symptoms of hyponatremia include...
Pulmonary edema (swelling or fluid in the lungs) can either be caused by cardiogenic causes (congestive heart failure, heart...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Ascites, the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity is most commonly caused by cirrhosis of the liver. Some of the other...
Rheumatic fever is a disease that sometimes occurs after a group A streptococcal infection of the throat. Symptoms and signs...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Heart Murmur in Newborns, Children, and Adults
A heart murmur is a heart problem that can occur, for example, during pregnancy or exercise, or it can be a symptom of serious...
Lymphedema is a condition in which one or more extremities become swollen as the result of an impaired flow of the lymphatic...
Bronchiectasis has three types, 1) cylindrical bronchiectasis, 2) saccular or varicose bronchiectasis, and 3) cystic...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Williams syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects many parts of the body. Signs, symptoms, characteristics and...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Peritonitis is a bacterial infection inside of the abdomen. Some doctors choose to group the causes of peritonitis into five...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Prostatitis vs. BPH (Enlarged Prostate) Differences and Similarities
Prostatitis and BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia, enlarged prostate gland) are both conditions of the prostate gland. There...
Local ResourcesFind a local Cardiologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Chest X-Ray
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt)
- Heart Transplant
- Exercise Stress Test
- Echocardiogram (Echocardiography, Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasound)
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Diet & Nutrition FAQs
- Superfoods FAQs
- Sugar FAQs
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Salt FAQs
- Protein FAQs
- Heart Failure FAQs
- High Blood Pressure: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- Heart Failure: What Killed George Carlin?
- What Is a Hospitalist?
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Chagas Disease in Dogs
- Thyroid Storm
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- ramipril, Altace
- captopril, Capoten
- hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Hydrodiuril, Ezide, and Hydro-Par have been discontinued)
- isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil Titradose, Dilatrate-SR, Isochron)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- furosemide (Lasix)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- bisoprolol, Zebeta
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- carvedilol (Coreg)
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- digitalis medicine-oral, Crystodigin
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- Diamox, Diamox Sequels (acetazolamide)
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- Congestive Heart Failure Medications
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- atorvastatin (Lipitor) vs. simvastatin (Zocor)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
Prevention & Wellness
- Coming Soon: Battery-Free Pacemakers Powered by the Heart?
- Sleep Apnea Patients Who Are Drowsy During the Day at Risk for Heart Woes
- Opioids May Signal Poorer Outcomes for Heart Patients: Study
- Nearly Half of American Adults Have Unhealthy Hearts: Report
- Can Strict Blood Pressure Control Lower Dementia Risk?
- Could a Little Drinking Help Those With Heart Failure?
- Heart Failure Takes Heavy Toll, Even for Those With Stronger Hearts
- Have Heart Failure? Flu Shot May Save Your Life
- Too Much Salt Might Help Spur A-Fib
- Obesity Ups Survival in Heart Failure, but That's No Reason to Pile on Pounds
- Heart Failure Patients Shouldn't Stop Meds Even if Condition Improves: Study
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Ease Heart Failure Risks
- Noisy Neighborhood? Your Heart May Pay a Price
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Rise in A-Fib Hospitalizations
- NIH Halts Stem Cell Trial for Heart Failure Due to Concerns About Fake Data
- 'Broken Heart Syndrome' Warrants Careful Monitoring
- Today's Go-Go World Too Much for Too Many Hearts
- Device Might Be 'Game Changer' for Patients With Severe Heart Failure
- Black Patients Have 5 Times the Rate of Blood Pressure Crises
- Walking, Exercise Both Linked to Lower Heart Failure in Older Women
- Label Mix-up Spurs Recall of Accord Blood Pressure Meds
- Blacks Have Shorter Life Spans After Surviving Heart Stoppage: Study
- Raise the Bar on CPR, Heart Group Says
- Man Was Awake for 90 Minutes During CPR: Report
- Too Much Meat, Dairy Tied to Heart Failure Risk
- A Lonely Heart Poses a Big Health Risk
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Partner's Heart Pump Can Burden Their Caregiver
- Flu Shot a Lifesaver for Heart Failure Patients
- Life in Poor Neighborhoods Is Hard on the Heart
- Try This Diet to Lower Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Is Successful Heart Surgery All in the Timing?
- Measuring 30-Day Death Risk in Heart Failure Patients
- Can Babies Help Heart Patients?
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Oxygen Therapy Doesn't Boost Heart Attack Survival
- Viagra Won't Help, and May Harm, Patients With a Heart Valve Disorder
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- Common Treatment for Early Prostate Cancer May Carry Heart Risk
- Undiagnosed Heart Condition 'AFib' May Be Common, Study Suggests
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Could Newborn Heart Stem Cells Jump-Start Old Hearts?
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Reducing Repeat Hospitalizations Doesn't Harm Patients: Study
- Working Too Much Might Tip Heart Into Irregular Rhythm
- Fewer Heart Failure Patients Dying of Cardiac Arrest
- Fewer Americans Hospitalized for Heart Failure
- Childhood Poverty May Predict Heart Failure in Adulthood
- Major Heart Group Says Doctor-Patient Talks Are Key
- Patient's Education Level May Be Key to Heart Risk
- Meth Addicts' Hearts May Improve If They Quit
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Pregnancy Complications
- Increasing Numbers of Pregnant Women Also Have Heart Disease
- Heart Disease the No. 1 Killer Worldwide
- Angela Bassett Puts the Spotlight on Heart Health
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Iron Pills No Help for Certain Type of Heart Failure
- Timing of Menopause May Affect Heart Failure Risk
- Can Experimental Nasal Spray Treat Common Heart Problem?
- Astronauts' Blood Vessels Less Efficient on Long Missions: Study
- Heart Failure Patients Do Better When Sticking With Same Hospital
- Busiest Docs Get Best Results With Heart Valve Surgery
- Exercise Benefits Aging Hearts, Even Those of the Obese
- Pump Implants May Rejuvenate Heart Failure Patients
- Illness From 'Kissing Bug' Now Widespread in U.S.
- Kidney Disease a Big Contributor to Heart-Related Deaths: Study
- Taller, Bigger Women May Face Irregular Heartbeat Risk
- High-Dose Vitamin D Failed to Curb Heart Disease in Study
- Can Stem Cell 'Patch' Help Heart Failure?
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- Heart Devices 101: Guide to the Tools That Keep You Ticking
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- Failed Fertility Treatments, Poorer Heart Health Later?
- Fish Oil Pills May Help After Heart Attack, Specialists Say
- Impotence Meds Might Give Men's Hearts a Boost, Too
- Zika Virus May Also Harm the Heart
- Pot Use Tied to Higher Odds for Stroke, Heart Failure
- Heart Disease Kicks in Earlier for Obese People
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Fitbits, Other Trackers May Be Unfit to Measure Heart Rate
- Winter a Chilling Time for Heart Failure Patients
- More Exercise, Fewer Pounds: Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Review Raises Questions About Herbal Meds for Heart Problems
- Heart, Lung Problems May Not Always Need ICU Care
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- Too Many Americans Have High Blood Pressure, Doctors Warn
- Flu Shot May Curb Respiratory Infections in People With Heart Failure
- U.S. Heart Failure Rates on the Rise
- Drug May Be New Weapon Against a 'Superbug'
- Could a Therapy for Irregular Heartbeat Harm the Brain?
- Soft Robotic Sleeve Shows Promise for Failing Hearts
- 1 in 3 Adults Diagnosed With Asthma May Not Have It: Study
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- Pregnancy OK for Most Women With Congenital Heart Conditions: Report
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Heart Failure Drug Shows Promise in First Human Trial
- Chemo More Damaging to Hearts of Diabetics: Study
- Beta Blockers May Not Be Best Heart Drugs for Dementia Patients
- Heart Failure Protein May Signal Early Brain Damage
- Even Small Rise in Blood Pressure Can Harm Black Patients
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Regular Drinkers, Irregular Heartbeat?
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- After Cancer, Higher Risk of Severe Heart Attack
- 24-Hour Shifts Can Play Havoc With the Heart
- Americans' Cholesterol Levels Keep Falling
- 3 Keys to Cutting Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Alzheimer's Protein Plaques May Also Harm the Heart
- Does a Little Daily Drinking Really Help the Heart?
- Bonus From Your Blood Pressure Med: Fewer Fractures?
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Many Atrial Fibrillation Patients Missing Out on Blood Thinners
- Device Shows Promise Against Tough-to-Treat Heart Failure
- Prices of Generic Heart Failure Drugs Vary Widely
- Weight-Loss Surgery Tied to Lower Heart Risks
- Heart Failure Hospitalizations on the Rise in U.S.
- Device Plus 'Aggressive' Drug Strategy May Curb Severe Heart Failure
- Discovery Speeds Creation of Healthy Heart Cells From Scar Tissue
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Patients May Not Always Need Blood Thinners: Study
- No Link Between Caffeine, Irregular Heartbeat in Heart Failure Patient Study
- Little Gains in Efforts to Boost Outpatient Care
- Statins Often Interact With Other Heart Drugs
- Heart Surgery Devices May Have Been Contaminated: CDC
- Queen Latifah Puts Heart Failure Center Stage
- 1 in 10 Stroke Rehab Interruptions May Be Preventable
- Could Prescribed NSAID Painkillers Raise Heart Failure Risk?
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Smoking Thickens Heart Wall, Leading to Heart Failure: Study
- Could Good Sex Be Bad for an Older Man's Heart?
- Fans May Not Be Cool Choice for the Elderly
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Be Tied to Wider Range of Ills
- People With Implanted Defibrillators at Higher Car Accident Risk
- Sleep Apnea Mask Treatment Fails to Curb Heart Risks
- Adult-Onset Asthma Might Raise Heart Risks
- Do Angioplasty Patients Really Need Beta-Blocker Drugs?
- How Long Will You Live? Look to Your Parents
- Do Hospital ICUs Raise Costs Without Boosting Survival?
- Fake Xanax Cut With Potent Pain Med Can Be a Killer
- Diabetes Drug Victoza Might Not Help Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Is Pot Harder on the Heart Than Tobacco?
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Even Your Heart May Benefit From Extra Education
- Over 100 Drugs Pose Risk to Heart Failure Patients
- Heart Failure After Heart Attack Tied to Cancer Risk in Study
- Antidepressant No Help to Heart Failure Patients: Study
- Progress Against Heart Deaths Starting to Wane, Report Warns
- Video May Aid End-of-Life Decision-Making
- Antidepressant No Help to Heart Failure Patients: Study
- Sudden Heart Death More Common in Male Minority Athletes
- Type of Disease May Dictate End-of-Life Care
- Irregular Heartbeat More Deadly in Blacks: Study
- Blood Test May Rule Out Too Many Donor Hearts
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Sleep Apnea Tied to Complications After Angioplasty
- Top 5 Costly Inpatient Conditions for Hospitals
- Mixed News on Drinking and Heart Health
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- Americans Living Longer and Better
- Irregular Heartbeat May Be Deadly in Car Crash
- ADHD Meds May Pose Heart Risks for Some Kids
- Flu Shot Helps Heart Failure Patients Avoid Hospital
- Message for Heart Failure Patients: Exercise
- High-Salt Diets May Raise Heart Risks for Kidney Patients
- After Heart Attack, New Threat: Heart Failure
- Updated Heart Failure Treatment Guidelines Issued
- Elderly Benefit From Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Blood Pressure Patterns May Predict Stroke Risk
- Heart Failure Risk Seems to Rise in Winter
- Race May Influence Risk for Irregular Heart Beat
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Hamper Seniors' Walking Ability
- Hispanics More Likely to Have Heart Pumping Problems, Study Says
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- Death of Loved One May Trigger Heart Rhythm Trouble
- Stem Cell Therapy Shows Promise Against Heart Failure
- Treating Depression Might Help Stem Heart Woes: Study
- Vitamin D Boosts Heart Function in Study
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Study Asks, What Is a 'Good Death'?
- Gene Therapy Shows Early Promise Against Heart Failure
- Do-It-Yourself Blood Pressure Checks May Help Spot Heart, Stroke Risk
- Women, Men Share Similar Symptoms of Heart Disease
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Long Hours at the Office May Raise Your Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Happiness Might Sometimes Harm Your Heart, Study Finds
- More Evidence Smog May Raise Stroke Risk
- Irregular Heart Beat May Pose Bigger Threat to Women
- Implanted Defibrillators Help Women as Much as Men: Study
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Diet and Exercise Benefit People With Heart Failure
- Reducing Salt Intake Might Harm Heart Failure Patients, Study Claims
- All High-Risk Patients Should Get Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Healthy Habits Help Reduce Risk of Heart Failure, Study Finds
- Heart Disease Now Kills 1 of Every 3 Americans
- Drugs May Protect the Heart During Chemotherapy
- Common Heart Failure Drugs May Harm More Than Help
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- New Drug May Help Fight Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Who Gets Pneumonia?
- Adults With Heart Defects May Face Higher Risk of Stroke: Study
- Heart Disease Doesn't Take a Holiday
- Exercise Can Reduce Heart Failure Risk, No Matter Your Age
- Gel Injections May Help Heart Failure Patients
- Why Heart Failure Patients Often Get Too Little Exercise
- New Medicare Rules Triple Heart Failure Patients' Access to Cardiac Rehab
- Heavy Drinking May Strain the Heart
- Sweetened Drinks Might Raise Men's Risk for Heart Failure
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Women's Heart Risk, But Not Men's
- Slow Progress on Curbing Wasteful, 'Low-Value' Health Care Practices: Study
- Excess Weight Helps Women With Heart Failure, Hurts Men: Study
- Frequent Hot Flashes Linked to Heart Disease Risk
- Move More to Prevent Heart Failure
- Cancer May Be a Hidden Danger to the Heart: Report
- Chagas Disease Parasite Prevalent in Texas 'Kissing Bugs'
- Study: Lowering Beta-Blocker Dose May Boost Survival After Heart Attack
- Pregnancy Complications May Be Linked to Later Heart Disease
- Beet Juice Boosts Muscle Power in Heart Patients
- Beware Unregulated Stem Cell Treatments, Experts Warn
- Only 1 in 10 With Heart Failure Sent to Rehab Programs
- Moderate Exercise May Reduce Men's Heart Failure Risk
- New Stem Cell Tactic Shows Promise for Heart Failure
- Did Your Hospital Make the Honor Roll?
- Entresto Approved for Heart Failure
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Improved Artificial Heart Valve Approved
- Many Americans Ill-Informed About Heart Failure: Survey
- 'Moderate' Drinking Might Harm Older People's Hearts: Study
- Depression Linked to Death of Many Heart Failure Patients
- COPD Raises Cardiac Death Risk for Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- Heart Drug Digoxin May Not Be Best for Some Heart Patients
- Heart Failure Implant Tied to Weakening of Thinking, Memory
- Knowledge Is Power for Patients With Heart Failure
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivors Face Higher Long-Term Heart Risks
- Depression Tied to Worse Outcomes for Black Patients With Heart Failure
- Corlanor Approved for Chronic Heart Failure
- A Grateful Heart May Be a Healthy Heart
- U.S. Deaths Due to High Blood Pressure Keep Rising: CDC
- Procedure May Beat Drug in Patients With Heart Failure, Irregular Heartbeat
- Manual Clot Removal After Heart Attack May Not Help, Could Harm
- Newer Blood Thinner May Improve Outcomes for Heart Attack Survivors
- Common Drug for Irregular Heartbeat Tied to Worse Outcomes
- Fried Foods Tied to Raised Heart Failure Risk
- Heart Failure Patients Who Struggle With Daily Tasks at Greatest Risk
- 'Calculators' Doctors Use May Overestimate Heart Risks, Study Says
- Donor Hearts Going to Waste, Researchers Report
- Effectiveness of Implanted Defibrillators May Depend on Patient's Age
- Certain Heart Drug, Antibiotic Combo Might Be Fatal for Seniors
- Are Too Many Heart Failure Patients Getting IV Fluids?
- A Bit More Salt Each Day May Not Harm Older Adults
- Could a Drink a Day Lower Your Risk for Heart Failure?
- Scientists Spot Mutation Behind Genetic Form of Heart Failure
- High Blood Sugar in Heart Failure Patients May Point to Risk of Early Death
- Study Debunks Notion of 'Healthy Obesity'
- When Heart Docs Are Away, Their High-Risk Patients May Fare Better
- Excess Weight May Help Heart Failure Patients, Study Contends
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Cutting Docs-in-Training Hours Hasn't Improved Patient Care: Studies
- Obesity Can Cause 'Silent' Damage to Heart
- Gel Implant Might Help Fight Heart Failure
- Kids Born to Overweight Moms May Face Higher Heart Risks as Adults
- Women With Heart Disease at Low Risk When Giving Birth: Study
- Certain Heart Dysfunction More Likely in Hispanic Women With Many Kids: Study
- Are Women More Likely to Survive Cardiac Arrest?
- Deaths From Heart Disease Down, Up for Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat
- ER Visits for Common Irregular Heartbeat Are Rising, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Cutting Back on Salt
- U.S. Prices Soaring for Some Generic Drugs, Experts Say
- Early Signs of Plaque in Arteries Signals Future Heart Trouble: Study
- Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Heart Transplant ‘Breakthrough' Shows Promise
- Binge Drinking May Boost Blood Pressure in Young Men
- Aerobic Exercise May Boost Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
- Scientists Spot How Bacterial Pneumonia Damages the Heart
- ER Patients Often Confuse Role of Emergency Contacts
- Diabetics Face Much Greater Risk of Heart Damage, Study Says
- ER Visits Up for High Blood Pressure
- Daily Exercise May Halve Risk for Heart Failure, Study Says
- Heart Failure Patients Wind Up in ER Too Often: Study
- Big Drop in U.S. Heart-Related Hospitalizations and Deaths, Study Finds
- Implantable Heart Devices Work, Regardless of Race: Study
- Studies Question Need to Watch Your Salt
- Heart Medication Digoxin Linked to Higher Risk of Death for Some
- Chronic Medical Conditions Can Shorten Seniors' Lives: Study
- Potassium Supplements May Help Some Heart Failure Patients
- Scientists Use Gene Therapy to Create 'Biological Pacemaker' in Pig Hearts
- Even Moderate Drinking Might Raise Odds for Irregular Heartbeat
- Heart Failure Therapy May Benefit Women More Than Men
- High Blood Pressure May Sometimes Be Overtreated: Study
- Hot Dogs, Salami May Raise Men's Heart Failure Risk, Study Suggests
- Many With Heart Failure Aren't Told About End-of-Life Care: Study
- Some Breast Cancer Patients May Get Drug-Linked Heart Failure: Study
- Antibiotic Lowers Death Risk for Elderly Patients With Pneumonia: Study
- Implanted Defibrillators May Help Patients With Moderate Heart Failure
- More Hispanics Took Heart Meds After Medicare Part D Launch
- Certain Breast Cancer Patients May Need Little Treatment After Tumor Removal
- Remote Monitoring Device Approved for Heart Patients
- COPD Patients Face Greater Risk of Heart Failure, Study Says
- More Americans Hospitalized for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- Sleeping Pill Use Tied to Poorer Survival for Heart Failure Patients
- Early Menopause Linked to Heart Failure Risk in Swedish Study
- Intensive Insulin Therapy Might Aid Diabetics After Heart Attack
- Blood Pressure Drugs Help Keep Heart Trouble at Bay: FDA
- Home Visits May Help Heart Bypass Patients Fare Better
- Certain Prescription Painkillers Tied to Higher Risk of Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Heart Failure Drug Might Help Reduce Hospitalizations
- Depression May Be Linked to Heart Failure
- Stem Cells May Rejuvenate Failing Hearts, Study Suggests
- Space Travel Alters Shape of Human Heart, Study Reports
- Can Diet Soft Drinks Contribute to Heart Trouble in Women?
- Diabetes Treatment Falls Short as Heart Failure Drug in Study
- Tragedies Do Cause Broken Hearts, Study Suggests
- Getting Teeth Pulled Before Heart Surgery May Pose Serious Risks
- Health Tip: Being Active With Heart Failure
- Injected Gel Might Someday Help Treat Heart Failure
- FDA Advisers Revisit Heart Risks Posed by Painkillers
- 'House' TV Series Leads to Real-Life Diagnosis
- Research Reveals Secret Behind a Steady Heartbeat
- Hospital Safety Improves for Heart Patients, Study Finds
- Too Much Sitting May Raise Heart Failure Risk for Men
- As Weight Rises in People With Diabetes, So Does Death Risk: Study
- Mekinist Plus Tafinlar Approved for Late-Stage Melanoma
- FDA OKs 2-Drug Combo Treatment for Advanced Melanoma
- When It Comes to Heart Transplants, Size May Matter Most
- Fiber-Rich Foods May Cut Your Risk of Heart Disease
- New Blood Pressure Guidelines Raise the Bar for Taking Medications
- Dementia Risk Might Rise for Older Women With Heart Disease
- Review Finds Weight-Loss Surgery Safe and Effective
- Diabetes Drugs Affect Hearts of Men, Women Differently
- Quitting Smoking May Help Seniors' Hearts Sooner Than Thought
- Higher Spending on Poor Leg Circulation May Not Pay Off
- 'Smart' Pacemakers May Protect Heart From Further Damage
- Eyes Might Be Window Into Common Heart Disorder
- Hospitalization Rates Soar for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- Heart Disease No. 1 Cause of Pregnancy-Related Deaths in California: Study
- Sugary Soda Habit May Harm Kidneys, Study Suggests
- J&J to Pay $2 Billion for Improperly Marketing Antipsychotic Drug
- Study Finds Links Between Psoriasis, Heart Failure
- Certain Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Also Protect Patients' Hearts, Studies Find
- Your Flu Shot May Also Help Your Heart
- President Taft's Obesity Struggle Was a Harbinger of Things to Come
- High Smog Levels Tied to Serious Heart Problems
- Whites at Highest Risk for Irregular Heart Rhythm, Study Finds
- FDA Approves First 'Pre-Surgical' Drug for Breast Cancer
- Healthy Eating Benefits Heart Failure Patients, Study Says
- Health Tip: Smoking Affects Heart Health
- Severe Blood Infections During Childbirth on Rise in U.S. Women
- Could Obesity Help Older People With Type 2 Diabetes?
- Mental State Influences Readmission After Heart Failure Treatment, Study Says
- Surgical Readmission Rates Reflect Initial Care, Study Suggests
- FDA Panel Backs Wider Use of Drug to Treat Early Stage Breast Cancer
- Researchers: Protein Linked to Sudden Cardiac Death
- Scientists Pinpoint Which Kids With Heart Muscle Disease Are in Most Danger
- Heart Attack Death Rates Unchanged Despite Faster Treatment, Study Finds
- New Method Cuts Radiation During Pacemaker Procedure: Study
- New Diabetes Drug Seems Safe for Heart, Study Finds
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise for Rare Genetic Disorder
- Blood Protein Disparity May Help Explain Blacks' Increased Heart Risk
- Heart Failure Survival May Get a Boost From Doctor's Visit
- Heavy Coffee Drinking Tied to Shorter Lives for Younger Adults in Study
- Study IDs Best Heart Failure Patients for Pacemakers
- Prompt Surgery May Be Best for Heart Valve Leak
- Many Patients Getting Needless Heart Test, Study Contends
- Measures to Keep Heart Failure Patients From Returning to the Hospital
- Moon's Cycle Tied to Heart Surgery Outcomes: Study
- Country Singer Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
- Country Singer Randy Travis in Critical Condition With Heart Infection
- Heart Dangers of Low Vitamin D Levels May Vary
- Health, Not Age, Affects Benefits of Implanted Heart Device: Study
- Advanced Heart Failure Still Kills 1 in 3 Within Three Years: Study
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Underactive Thyroid and Heart Failure a Bad Combination: Study
- Antidepressants May Be Helpful for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Certain COPD Meds Might Raise Heart Risks, Study Says
- Heart Risks Last Beyond Hospital Discharge, Study Finds
- Young Women Less Healthy Than Men Before Heart Attack: Study
- Get Fit in Middle Age to Cut Heart Failure Risk, Study Says
- Most Americans Should Eat Less Salt: Report
- Hysterectomy May Not Raise Heart Risks After All: Study
- Fish Oil Supplements Don't Protect Against Heart Trouble: Study
- U.S. Heart Failure Costs Could Skyrocket: Report
- Heart Scarring May Be More Dangerous Than Thought, Study Suggests
- Ultrasound Waves, Bone Marrow Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- Less Salt, More Potassium = Millions of Lives Saved
- Simple Breath Test Might Diagnose Heart Failure
- Most of World's Adults Consume Too Much Salt, Study Finds
- Antibiotic Linked to Heart Problems in COPD Patients
- Blood Test Plus Targeted Care May Stop Heart Failure Before It Starts
- Quitting Cigarettes Cuts Heart Risks, Even If You Gain Weight
- Viagra, Aliskiren Not Helpful for Heart Failure After All: Studies
- A Cheap, Old Heart Drug May Help Elderly Heart Failure Patients
- Certain Diabetes Medications May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- New Drugs Might Give Heart Patients an Edge
- Scans That Gauge Heart Scarring May Spot High-Risk Patients
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Failure Risk
- Ultrasound Allows Early Detection of Fluid in Dialysis Patients' Lungs
- Heart Failure Drug May Only Help Heart's Function, Not Symptoms
- Injected 'Hydrogel' May Help Repair Failing Hearts
- Implanted Defibrillator Patients Prefer Device Off if Very Ill: Survey
- Erectile Dysfunction May Signal Hidden Heart Disease
- Heart Problems Tied to Early Signs of Dementia
- High Blood Pressure in Kids May Be Less Common Than Thought
- Better Work Environment May Cut Hospital Readmission Rates
- Fish Oil Supplements Won't Prevent Irregular Heart Beat: Study
- Health Tip: Will Cardiac Rehab Help?
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Avastin Won't Extend Breast Cancer Survival: Study
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Consider Weight When Choosing Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Heart Drug Digoxin Tied to Higher Death Risk for Some Patients
- Heart Failure Drugs Put to the Test
- HeartWare Device Approved for Heart Transplant Hopefuls
- Herceptin May Carry Higher Heart Risks for Women Than Thought
- Regular Exercise May Help Seniors Stave Off Heart Failure
- Women Don't Fare as Well as Men With Implanted Defibrillators: Study
- Heart Failure Patients May Be at Higher Risk for Cancer: Study
- Two Years On, Stem Cells Still Healing Damaged Hearts
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetic Heart Patients: Study
- Stem Cells From Donor May Help Heal Heart
- Fainting Spells Often Tied to Too Many Meds at Once: Study
- Flu Vaccines May Protect the Heart Too
- Docs: Heart Device Might Be Breakthrough for Muscular Dystrophy
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts
- People With Implantable Defibrillators May Need More Mental Health Support
- Parkinson's Drug Mirapex Under Safety Review
- Health Tip: What's a Heart-Healthy Diet?
- Fish Oil Fizzles for Fighting Heart Attack, Stroke
- Common Painkillers May Be Risky After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Anemia?
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Heart Attacks, Strokes Jumped After Japan Earthquake, Study Finds
- Breast Cancer Drug May Harm the Heart More Than Thought
- In Diabetes, Any Protein in Urine May Signal Heart Risk
- ER Study Shows Drop in Deaths After Trauma Injury
- 2 Common Blood Pressure Meds Fare Equally in Preventing Heart Woes
- Strategy May Help ER Docs Spot Heart Attacks Within an Hour
- Mechanical Device Helps Kids Waiting for Heart Transplant
- Normal-Weight People With Type 2 Diabetes Have Higher Death Risk: Study
- Exercise May Fight Depression in Heart Failure
- Stem Cells Show Promise as Heart Failure Treatment
- Certain Heart Meds May Give Chemo a Boost
- Extra Pounds May Offer Protection to Heart Failure Patients
- Post-Op Delirium's Toll on Mental Function May Linger: Study
- Medicare Coverage Gap May Cause Seniors to Forgo Antidepressants
- Half of Heart Patients Make Medication Errors
- Minorities Less Likely to Use Hospice Care: Study
- Small Babies Can Be Sign of Heart Problems in Mother
- Early Surgery May Benefit Some With Heart Infection
- Coffee in Moderation May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- First Stem Cell Vein Implant Helps Young Girl
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- Chagas Disease FAQ
- Serious Exercise May Benefit Middle-Aged Arteries
- 'Nordic Walking' a Winner for Heart Failure Patients, Study Says
- Scientists Turn Skin Cells Into Cardiac Cells to Help Failing Hearts
- COPD Can Put a Damper on Sex Life
- Obese Teens Can Have Heart Damage Without Showing Signs
- Are Post-Angioplasty Stress Tests Unnecessary?
- Plavix's New Generic Status Could Be Boon for Patients
- Lifesaving Defibrillators Often Not Nearby When Needed
- Blacks Less Likely to Get Help on Scene After Cardiac Arrest: Study
- Bypass Beats Angioplasty for People With Diabetes
- Black Africans Less Apt to Develop Heart Rhythm Disorder Than Whites
- Stem Cell Study Shows Promising Results Against Heart Failure
- Availability of Beds, Poverty Drive Costly Hospital Readmissions
- Pot Belly Boosts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: Study
- Exercise Can Help Fight Heart Failure
- Is Workout Supplement Ingredient DMAA Safe?
- High Blood Pressure Risk Factors That May Surprise You
- A Heart Disease Veteran at Just Age 12
- Aspirin as Effective as Warfarin for Heart Failure: Study
- Heart Attack Survival Varies Widely Among Hospitals, Study Finds
- Tasers Can Trigger Fatal Heart Trouble: Study
- Pacemakers, Defibrillators Sources of Deadly Infections: Study
- Health Highlights: April 20, 2012
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Study Pinpoints New Abnormality in 'Athlete's Heart'
- Seniors Stop Taking Heart Drugs In Medicare 'Donut Hole'
- Male Hormone May Help Heart Failure Patients
- Are Biodegradable Heart Stents Safe?
- Drug Approved to Treat High Blood Pressure
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- Common Blood Pressure Drug Safe for Heart Failure: Study
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Summer Temperature Swings May Harm Elderly
- Health Highlights: April 4, 2012
- Study Supports CPR Chest Compressions for Cardiac Arrest
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- FDA Adds More Warnings to Antidepressant's Label
- Defibrillator Implantation May Be Riskier for Underweight Patients
- Community Hospitals Safe for Angioplasty: Study
- Widespread CPR Training Could Boost Heart Attack Survival Rates
- Moderate Drinking Helps Men After Heart Attack?
- Clot-buster Drug Injection Might Help Some Heart Attack Patients
- Bypass Surgery May Be Better Than Angioplasty for Seniors
- Sitting Too Much May Boost Odds of Dying
- Stem-Cell Trial Failed to Treat Heart Failure
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Test May Spot Heart Attacks Before They Happen
- Adrenaline Therapy for Cardiac Arrest Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Vitamin E Fails to Prevent Heart Failure
- Common Cause of Dizziness May Spell Heart Trouble
- Psoriasis Patients May Face Higher Heart Risk
- Depression Tied to Earlier Death in Heart Patients
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- Higher Spending Tied to Better Outcomes in Ontario Hospitals
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Ward Off Heart Failure: Study
- Survival of Hospitalized Heart Failure Patients May Vary by Ethnicity
- Low-Carb, Low-Fat Diets May Each Help the Heart
- Married Heart Surgery Patients Live Longer
- Heart Failure Death Risk Lower for Women
- Heart Failure Patients Urged to Discuss Care With Docs
- Poor Lung Function Linked to Heart Failure in Study
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Study Links 'Body Clock' to Sudden Cardiac Death
- Hospitals Ranked for Emergency Medicine Quality
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Scarred Hearts Healed After Heart Attack
- Heart Failure, Osteoporosis Go 'Hand-in-Hand': Researchers
- Certain Cancer Drugs May Have Fatal Side Effects: Analysis
- Aspirin, Warfarin Fare Equally for Heart Failure Patients
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- New Heart Failure Risks: Fractures and Memory Problems
- Study Finds Link Between Heart Failure, Brain Changes
- Environmental Chemicals May Thwart Kids' Vaccines
- Hip Fracture Patients Often Have Other Health Problems
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Do Grapes or Alcohol Make Red Wine Good for the Heart?
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Heart Failure, Diabetes Might Be Linked by Protein
- Health Tip: Physical Problems May Cause Insomnia
- Treating High Blood Pressure May Add Years to Life
- Health Highlights: Dec. 19, 2011
- New Device Approved for Children With Heart Failure
- Higher Hospital Admissions Equal Higher Readmissions: Study
- Study Finds Fewer Blood Transfusions Needed After Hip Surgeries
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- Avastin Boosted Survival for Type of Aggressive Breast Cancer: Study
- Foods With Vitamin C May Help Heart Failure Patients
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- New Research Calls Salt Guidelines Into Question
- New Guidelines on Frequent Cause of Sudden Death in Athletes
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- In Older Men, Prostate Biopsies Can Raise Risk of Hospitalization
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Electronic Nose Sniffs Out Heart Failure
- FDA Warning on Atrial Fibrillation Drug Multaq
- Simple Sugar May Speed Heart Attack Recovery
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Painkillers Linked to Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Study: Chantix May Be Linked to Heart Risk
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Metformin: Safer for Heart Than Older Diabetes Drugs?
- FDA: New Warning for Procrit, Epogen, Aranesp
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Underused Treatments Could Save Lives From Heart Failure
- Baked or Broiled Fish May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Tai Chi Benefits Heart Patients
- Low Health Literacy May Have Deadly Consequences
- Wine, Salt, and Your Heart: Confusion Abounds
- New Guidelines: Treat High Blood Pressure in Over-80s
- Dueling 'Best Hospital' Ratings
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Heart Failure
- Collaborative Care for Depression Has Heart Benefit
- Do You Know When NOT to Call 911?
- Wireless Sensor Monitors Heart Failure Patients
- Alcohol May Raise Risk of Irregular Heart Rhythm
- Aromatase Inhibitors May Raise Heart Risks
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Heart Failure Deaths
- Chocolate May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- FDA Panel Splits Over Avandia Ban
- Personalized Strategy Is Best for Heart Health
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Experts Urge FDA to Mandate Salt Reduction
- Sleep Apnea Increases Stroke Risk
- Avodart May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk