Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to the heart. Heart disease can lead to heart attack. Risk factors for heart disease include:
Angina, shortness of breath, and sweating are just a few symptoms that may indicate a heart attack. Treatment of heart disease involves control of heart disease risk factors through lifestyle changes, medications, and/or stenting or bypass surgery. Heart disease can be prevented by controlling heart disease risk factors.Read more: Heart Disease Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
Sugar lurks in surprising places. Take the Sugar Quiz to learn of the many ways sugar sneaks into your diet and see what you know...
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
High cholesterol can be a dangerous condition. Take the Cholesterol Quiz to understand what high cholesterol means in terms of...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
Even if you think you're getting enough fruits and vegetables per day, how can you be sure? Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Picture of Cholesterol
Cholesterol carried in particles of low density (LDL cholesterol) is referred to as the "bad" cholesterol because elevated levels...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Top Diets: The Best Dieting Tips Ever for Weight Loss
What separates good diets from the best diets? These weight loss strategies--like drink more water, eat breakfast, sleep...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart Medication
When diet and exercise aren't enough, should you turn to drugs? Learn cholesterol basics, drug classes, and available drugs along...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
One of the best ways to improve your health is to quit smoking. These practical tips to help you quit smoking have been shown to...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Portion control can help with weight loss and help you stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will...
10 Tips for a Healthier Fast Food Diet
Losing weight is tough on the road. Fast food can't compare to the health of a well-planned, balanced diet. But if you must eat...
Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
25 Effects of Smoking on Your Looks and Life
What are the effects of smoking tobacco? Besides and increased risk of smoking related diseases, smoking can affect your looks...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
10 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches: Unhealthy Choices in Pictures
Want to know what the good and bad fast-food sandwiches choices are? Our experts explore the nutrition facts of major restaurant...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
How would you like a stronger immune system or better sleep? Action between the sheets can help you get all of this and more....
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Afib Treatment
Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm. Atrial fibrillation or AF can lead to serious heart...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
High-Fiber Super Foods: Whole Grains, Fruits, & More
Learn about high-fiber foods. From fresh fruits to whole grains, these fiber-rich foods can lower cholesterol, prevent...
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
Food Swaps for Meals and Snacks for Heart Health in Pictures
Explore 10 food swaps for heart-wise dining. Learn what food to buy and how to cook in order to make a big difference for your...
Healthy Seeds: 11 Edible Super Seeds for Better Nutrition
Are pumpkin seeds good for your health? What's the nutritional value of chia seeds? Find out how to easily incorporate more...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Healthy Eating: The Dangers of Processed Meat
Processed meats like pepperoni, beef jerky, and chicken nuggets are associated with an increased risk of health problems like...
Related Disease Conditions
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Fabry Disease (Symptoms and Life Expectancy)
Fabry disease (Fabry's disease, alpha-galactosidase-A) is a genetic disorder with symptoms such as burning sensations in...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or Staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Alpha thalassemia is a disorder in which the alpha globin protein is underproduced. There are two pairs of genes that carry the...
Alkaptonuria is a condition that causes urine to turn black when exposed to air. Alkaptonuria is inherited, and usually appears...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Heat Rash (Symptoms, Pictures, Treatment, Remedies)
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
12 Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Its Prevention
Noise-induced hearing loss may be an acoustic trauma, which causes temporary hearing loss, or it may be permanent due to an acute...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
Carotid Artery Disease
The term carotid artery disease refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries and can also be called carotid stenosis. Fatty...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Carcinoid Syndrome (Carcinoid Tumor)
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
High Cholesterol: Frequently Asked Questions
Cholesterol occurs naturally in the body. High blood cholesterol levels increase a person's risk of developing heart disease,...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI)
Primary ovarian iInsufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI) is the cessation of normal functioning of the ovaries in...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Rheumatic fever is a disease that sometimes occurs after a group A streptococcal infection of the throat. Symptoms and signs...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Heart Murmur (Symptoms, Sounds, Causes, Life Expectancy)
A heart murmur is the sound generated when blood flow within the heart is not smooth. Causes of heart murmurs can be functional,...
Stem cells are referred to as undifferentiated cells because they have not yet committed to a developmental path to form specific...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Hospice is a service that offers support, resources, and assistance to terminally ill patients and their families. In such late...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Treating the Flu in People with Health Risks
Certain portions of the population are at an increased risk of suffering serious complications from the flu. Some of these...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
How to Lower Your Cholesterol
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Disease Treatment in Women
Heart disease treatment in women should take into account female-specific guidelines that were developed by the American Heart...
Locked-in syndrome is a condition that causes paralysis and the inability to speak or move the face. A hemorrhage and blood clot...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Lipodystrophy (Acquired, Generalized, Inherited)
Lipodystrophy is a syndrome in which fat deposits accumulate all over the body, or sometimes just portions of it, like just the...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes is a disease where your body does not make enough insulin or does not use insulin correctly, and you blood sugar...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment Drugs
Atrial fibrillation (also called Afib or Afib) is heart rhythm disorder that causes irregular, and often, a rapid heartbeat. The...
Local ResourcesFind a local Cardiologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Coronary Angiogram
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Heart Valve Disease Surgery
- Exercise Stress Test
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Choosing a Toothbrush
- C-Section (Cesarean Birth)
- Cholesterol Test
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Diet & Nutrition FAQs
- Sugar FAQs
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Salt FAQs
- High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia) FAQs
- Heart Attack Risk and Medicated Stents
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Viagra: The Little Blue Pill That Could
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Heart Failure: What Killed George Carlin?
- Being Overweight Doesn't Mean You're Unhealthy!
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- CPR Guidelines
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- Causes of Palpitations
- Palpitations Treatment
- Chagas Disease in Dogs
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Abdominal Pain: Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
- Are You Getting Enough Potassium?
- Mediterranean Diet
Medications & Supplements
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- ramipril, Altace
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- nicardipine, Cardene, Cardene SR
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- colestipol (Colestid)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil Titradose, Dilatrate-SR, Isochron)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- gemfibrozil, Lopid
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- lovastatin, Mevacor, Altoprev
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- pravastatin, Pravigard PAC (discontinued)
- Sectral (acebutolol)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- felodipine (Plendil)
- bepridil (Vascor, Bepadin - Discontinued)
- carvedilol (Coreg, Coreg CR)
- labetalol, Normodyne, Trandate
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Drug Interactions
- rosuvastatin, Crestor
- Lovenox (enoxaparin)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- hydralazine (Apresoline)
- dopamine (hydrochloride; Intropin - Discontinued in the US)
- Nitrates (Medication)
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- High Blood Pressure Drugs (Hypertension)
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- Congestive Heart Failure Medications
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- alirocumab (Praluent)
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- atorvastatin (Lipitor) vs. simvastatin (Zocor)
- lovastatin vs. simvastatin
- Zocor (simvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
Prevention & Wellness
- How Much Drinking Is Healthy -- or Not?
- Marriage Is Good Medicine for the Heart
- When the Heart Stops, Drugs Often to Blame
- Today's Sleepy Teens May Be Tomorrow's Heart Patients
- Money Spurs Those With Heart Disease to Step Lively
- Impotent? Maybe You Should See a Heart Doctor
- Depression, Money Woes Higher in Heart Patients With Job Loss
- Job Strain Plus Heart Disease, Diabetes a Lethal Mix for Men
- Heart Meds May Be Wrong for Millions of Americans
- Health Tip: Eat More Cruciferous Vegetables
- Too Much Meat, Dairy Tied to Heart Failure Risk
- Thyroid Cancer Survivors at Risk for Heart Disease
- On Top of Other Challenges, Homeless Have Higher Heart Disease Risk
- Severe Eczema May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk
- Commuters: Pedal Your Way to Better Heart Health
- Eat Fish Twice a Week to Ward Off Heart Disease, Experts Say
- Obesity Might Raise Your Risk for A-fib
- Add Heart Check to Annual Ob-Gyn Visit, Experts Say
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- Could Time in a Sauna Lower Your Stroke Risk?
- Another Harm From the Opioid Epidemic: More Heart Infections
- Health Tip: Factors That Raise Risk of Blood Clot
- A Big Belly Bad for Your Heart
- Health Tip: Healthy Teeth May Signal Healthy Heart
- As Younger Men's Smoking Rises, So Does Their Stroke Risk
- Go Nuts for Heart Health
- As Menopause Symptoms Get Worse, Heart May Pay a Price
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Falling, But Gains Vary by State
- No Heart Risk From Stop-Smoking Drugs Chantix and Zyban: Study
- Another Wildfire Danger: Heart Attacks
- Heart Disease Carries Huge Cost for Some Families
- Here's How to Pack Protein Into Your Diet
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women's Hearts
- Cardiac Defects in Baby Tied to Later Heart Trouble in Moms
- Immigrants Have Healthier Hearts Than Native-Born Americans
- Could Coffee Perk Up Your Heart Health?
- Why Some 'Preemies' Grow Up to Have Weaker Hearts
- Most With Very High Cholesterol Missing Out on Right Meds
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Depression Could Be a Risk Factor for A-Fib: Study
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Sugary Sodas Linked Again to Increased Heart Risks
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Booze Boosts Your Heart Rate
- Women May Dismiss Subtle Warning Signs of Heart Disease
- People Aren't as Safe From Lead as Thought, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Blood Pressure Check? There May Soon Be an App for That
- As Years Spent Obese Rise, So Do Heart Dangers
- Years of Football Could Harm the Heart
- Optimism Might Help You Handle Angina
- FDA Warns Heart Patients About Antibiotic Clarithromycin
- For Women, Blocked Arteries Not the Only Trigger for Heart Attacks
- Could Hackers Target Heart Devices?
- Could a Blood Thinner Actually Raise Stroke Risk for Some?
- Health Tip: Heart Disease Risk Factors You Can Control
- Crash Diets Might Derail Your Heart Health
- Noise May be Risk Factor for Heart Disease: Study
- How to Protect Against Heart Disease
- Breast Cancer Treatment Can Be Tough on the Heart
- Fish Oil Supplements May Not Help Your Heart: Study
- Migraines Tied to Higher Heart Trouble Risk
- More Bad News on Flu: It's Tied to Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Only Smoke 1 Cigarette a Day? It Can Still Kill You
- Will Smoking Pot Harm Your Heart? Experts Weigh In
- 'Hot' Yoga Is No Better for Your Heart: Study
- Sauna Sessions May Be as Good as Exercise for the Heart
- Early Periods, Higher Heart Risks?
- Can Deportation Fears Hurt the Heart?
- Life in Poor Neighborhoods Is Hard on the Heart
- Protect Your Heart in Frigid Weather
- Are Women's Hearts More Vulnerable to Stress?
- Marriage May Make Heart Disease a Little Less Dangerous
- Can Scrotal Vein Condition Hike Heart Risks?
- Even Non-Heart Surgery May Harm Your Heart
- Could Your Coffee Habit Lengthen Your Life?
- New 'Patch' May Repair Damaged Hearts
- Male Triathletes May Be Harming Their Hearts
- Hey, Single Folk: Adopting a Dog Could Lengthen Your Life
- Is Meth Use Destroying Vets' Hearts?
- New 'Heat-Not-Burn' Cigarettes Harm Blood Vessels: Study
- Is Low-Dose Aspirin Right for You After Surgery?
- Your Blood Type May Determine How Smog Affects Your Heart
- Take Heart, Coffee Lovers! Morning Joe May Help Your Ticker
- Want to Prevent Heart Disease? Go Nuts!
- Uninsured Heart Patients Often Face Daunting Bills
- Binge-Watchers, Beware: Long TV Time Poses Clot Risk
- The Heart Risks of a Desk Job
- An Aging Heart May Weaken Memory
- Is Successful Heart Surgery All in the Timing?
- Yoga and Aerobics Doubles Heart Benefits
- Heart Disease, Stroke Cutting Black Lives Short
- Could Too Much Exercise Be Bad for Men's Hearts?
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Lower Heart Disease Risk
- Trauma's Toll on a Woman's Heart
- Tai Chi: A Gentler Way to Exercise for Ailing Hearts
- Surviving Congenital Heart Disease as Child Not a Ticket to Good Health
- Hockey Viewers' Hearts May Pay a Penalty
- Blood Thinners Can Come With Dangerous Side Effects
- Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- Delays in Diagnosis Hurt Women Who Have Heart Disease
- Stopping Aspirin Tied to Quick Rise in Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- U.S. Pays a Hefty Price for Obesity
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Even a Little More Activity Could Save Millions of Lives
- As Men's Weight Rises, Sperm Health May Fall
- Minorities Exposed to Dirtier Air, U.S. Study Finds
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Smoking, Poor Diet Lead Global Death Causes
- Diabetes Threatens Kidneys, Vision of Millions of Americans
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Take a Stand Against Sitting Too Much
- The Health Risks of Long Work Weeks
- Statins Help Healthy People Lower Their 'Bad' Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea Wreaks Havoc on Your Metabolism
- Evolution Not Over for Humans
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- Play It Smart: Stay in School for a Healthier Heart
- Marriage a Blessing for Heart Attack Patients
- Viagra Won't Help, and May Harm, Patients With a Heart Valve Disorder
- Drug May Fight Heart Disease in Whole New Way
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- Some Newborns Don't Get Heart Defect, Hearing Loss Tests
- Common Treatment for Early Prostate Cancer May Carry Heart Risk
- After Heart Attack, Just 1 in 3 Go for Rehab: CDC
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Powerful New Cholesterol Med Won't Harm Memory, Easing Concerns
- Which Heart Bypass Surgery Works Best?
- A Little Drinking Might Lengthen Your Life: Study
- Heart Risks May Rise After Cancer Diagnosis
- 'Fat But Fit' a Myth?
- Skeletons Give Clues to Americans' Rising Arthritis Rates
- Air Purifiers May Help the Smog-Stressed Heart
- Health Tip: The Facts About Fat
- Heart Risk Up if Hospitalized for Pneumonia or Sepsis
- By Age 12, Poor May Show Signs of Heart Risks Ahead
- Is Pot Linked to Blood Pressure Deaths?
- Heart Health Ignored by Many With Type 2 Diabetes
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- Climate Change May Trigger 60,000 More Premature Deaths by 2030
- Gum Disease May Be Linked to Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Healthy Heart in 20s, Better Brain in 40s?
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
- Early Menopause May Be Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- 9/11 Survivors More Likely to Have Heart, Lung Diseases
- CT Scans Might Help Gauge Heart Attack Risk
- Fewer U.S. Dollars Spent on Cardiac Arrest Research: Study
- Fatal First-Time Heart Attacks More Common in Blacks: Study
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Is Shingles Tied to Heart, Stroke Risk?
- Lack of Health Insurance Can Shorten Lives: Study
- Could a High IQ Mean a Longer Life?
- Some Prostate Drugs May Do Harm
- More Americans Are Walking for Exercise
- For Many, Friends Are Key to Happiness in Old Age
- Popular Heartburn Meds Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Obamacare May Have Slashed Cardiac Arrest Rate in Oregon
- Childhood Poverty May Predict Heart Failure in Adulthood
- Study Challenges Touted Link Between Eczema and Heart Disease
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Could Shift Work Damage Your DNA?
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Boozing Can Age You Right Down to Your Cells
- Too Few Women, Docs Understand Dangers of Heart Disease
- Heart Disease: A Price Humans Pay for Fertility?
- Big Gap in Cancer Deaths Between Rich, Poor Countries
- Could Your Office Job Rob You of Vitamin D?
- Vaccine Curbs High Cholesterol in Mice
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- Study Hints at Link Between Some Statins, Parkinson's Risk
- When Is Risk Highest for Women With Breast Cancer Gene Mutations?
- Major Heart Group Says Doctor-Patient Talks Are Key
- Healthy Dietary Fats Help Beat High Cholesterol
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Fried Potatoes Linked to Increased Risk of Early Death
- Patient's Education Level May Be Key to Heart Risk
- Meds Rooted in Ancient China May Help Heart: Review
- 1 in 7 Americans Has Kidney Disease: CDC
- Advances Against Heart Disease Haven't Reached America's Poor: Studies
- Could U.S. Election Results Be Harmful to Health?
- Even Moderate Drinking May Dull the Aging Brain
- Do You Have 'Social Jet Lag?'
- Americans Buying Less Salt-Laden Foods
- Implantable Defibrillator May Not Mean End to Sports
- Can a 70-Year-Old Have the Arteries of a 20-Year-Old?
- The Whole Truth About Whole Fruits
- New Cholesterol Fighting Meds Target Key Gene
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Pregnancy Complications
- Increasing Numbers of Pregnant Women Also Have Heart Disease
- Anabolic Steroids May Tax the Heart
- Fruits, Veggies May Benefit Your Legs, Too
- PTSD, Brain Injuries Common Among U.S. Troops Discharged for Misconduct: Report
- Heart Disease the No. 1 Killer Worldwide
- Angela Bassett Puts the Spotlight on Heart Health
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Too Much Caffeine Caused South Carolina Teen's Death: Coroner
- Health Tip: Is Your Lifestyle Raising Blood Pressure?
- Timing of Menopause May Affect Heart Failure Risk
- Many Under 40 May Not Need Regular Cholesterol Checks: Study
- Can Experimental Nasal Spray Treat Common Heart Problem?
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia in Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- Blood Vessel-Clearing Procedure Riskier on Weekends: Study
- Speed Is Key When a Stroke Strikes
- Energy Drinks May Make Rare Heart Condition More Dangerous
- Common Painkillers Tied to Slight Rise in Heart Attack Risk
- Just 5 Percent of Daily Salt Gets Added at the Table
- Stretching Eases Pain of Vessel Disease in Legs
- Red Wine Antioxidant Might Help Diabetics' Arteries
- Just a 'Social Smoker'? Toll on Your Health Still High
- Is This Enzyme Making You Fat?
- Health Tip: Coping With Hardening of the Arteries
- Jimmy Kimmel Reveals Newborn Son's Heart Condition
- Busiest Docs Get Best Results With Heart Valve Surgery
- Life Expectancy Goes Up for Black Americans
- Brain Research Fuels New Migraine Treatments
- 1 in 3 Americans May Have Had Warning Stroke Without Knowing It
- Healthy Heart in Middle Age Delivers Big Dividends
- More Active Kids Could Save U.S. Billions in Health Costs: Study
- Exercise and Vitamin D: A Heart-Healthy Combo
- No Excuses: Exercise Can Overcome the 'Obesity Gene'
- Energy Drinks May Give the Heart an Unhealthy Jolt
- Is a Low-Salt Diet Always Healthy?
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- Waist Size, Not Weight, May be Key to Life Span
- Many Heart Attack Patients Fail to Stick With Statins
- Want a Longer Life? Try Biking to Work
- Conflicting Statin Guidelines Leave Millions in 'Gray Zone'
- Pump Implants May Rejuvenate Heart Failure Patients
- High Blood Pressure: A Silver Lining for Ovarian Cancer Patients?
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Signal Higher Heart Risks
- Kidney Disease a Big Contributor to Heart-Related Deaths: Study
- Trans Fat Bans May Have Cut Heart Attack, Stroke Rate
- A Healthier Weight May Mean Fewer Migraines
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- The Grayer His Hair, the Higher His Heart Risk?
- Health Tip: Should You Be Tested for Kidney Disease?
- Many Americans Don't Know How to Handle High Cholesterol
- How to Protect Yourself From Air Pollution
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- Multivitamins May Not Help Men's Hearts, Even When Diet Is Poor
- Who Really Needs All Those Heart Tests?
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- High-Dose Vitamin D Failed to Curb Heart Disease in Study
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- High Thyroid Hormone Levels Tied to Stiffer Arteries
- For Firefighters, Another Danger: The Heart
- Keys to Heart Disease Care: Communication and Trust
- Can Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Lower Cancer Death Risk?
- As Weight Goes Up, So Does Death Risk
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- Heart Devices 101: Guide to the Tools That Keep You Ticking
- Most U.S. Kids Who Die From Flu Are Unvaccinated
- Climate Change May Cloud Americans' Mental Health: Report
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
- When Heart Stops Beating, Survival Better at Specialized Heart Centers
- Healthy Gums Tied to Longer Lives for Women
- What You Need to Know About Cholesterol
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- TV Ads Help Drive Testosterone Supplement Sales
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- New Cholesterol Drugs May Beat Statins, But Price Tag Is High
- Remote Amazon Tribe May Have Healthiest Hearts on Earth
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- U.S. Medical Groups Sound the Alarm on Climate Change
- Stent Patients Face Higher Risk of Death After Bleeding, Clots
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Not on Meds They Need: Study
- Failed Fertility Treatments, Poorer Heart Health Later?
- Fish Oil Pills May Help After Heart Attack, Specialists Say
- Severe Low Blood Sugar Episode May Up Death Risk in Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Bad Diets Tied to 400,000 U.S. Deaths in 2015
- Impotence Meds Might Give Men's Hearts a Boost, Too
- Pot Use Tied to Higher Odds for Stroke, Heart Failure
- Heart Disease Kicks in Earlier for Obese People
- Cholesterol's Impact on Heart Attack Risk May Change With Age
- Depression May Hasten Death in Years After Heart Diagnosis
- Poor Diet Tied to Half of U.S. Deaths From Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Could Fruits and Veggies Save Hearts Worldwide?
- Do 'Early Birds' Get the Healthier Worm?
- Exercise Beats Weight Loss at Helping Seniors' Hearts
- Many Smokers Switch to E-Cigs After Tobacco-Related Illness
- More Exercise, Fewer Pounds: Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Review Raises Questions About Herbal Meds for Heart Problems
- More Evidence Ties Gum Health to Stroke Risk
- 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity
- Unhealthy in Middle Age, Dementia in Old Age?
- Bleeding Strokes Take Heavy Toll on Brain
- Common Virus May Be Linked to Heart Disease, Diabetes in Some Women
- Testosterone Therapy May Have Benefits, But Risks Too
- Many Younger Cancer Survivors Can't Afford Their Meds
- Loneliness Often Plagues Black Women at Risk for Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Linked to Anxiety, Negative Feelings
- Learning Issues Common in Kids With Heart Defects: Study
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Heart Disease Risk
- Don't Skip Veggies in Winter
- Possible Drawback to Gluten-Free: Toxic Metals
- Dealing With Diabetes Distress
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Could Cost U.S. $1 Trillion Per Year By 2035: Report
- Marriage: A Way to Divorce Yourself From Stress?
- 5 Ways Women Can Cut Their Heart Attack Risk
- Beware Heart Attack Risk From Shoveling Snow
- Mediterranean Diet Plus Olive Oil a Boost to Heart Health?
- Heart Disease Affects Far More Than the Heart
- Could Fermented Foods Boost Your Health?
- Amphetamine Abuse Abuses the Heart
- Whole-Grain Foods May Help You Stay Slim
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- Know Your Heart's Numbers
- Too Many Americans Have High Blood Pressure, Doctors Warn
- 10,000 U.S. Seniors Die Within Week of ER Discharge Every Year: Study
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Small Study Links E-Cigarettes to Potential Heart Trouble
- Heart Risks May Boost Women's Colon Cancer Risk, Too
- Fat Near the Heart a Hazard for Postmenopausal Women
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- U.S. Heart Failure Rates on the Rise
- Diabetes Kills More Americans Than Had Been Thought
- Rates of Early Deaths Rise for Whites, Drop for Blacks
- Kids' Sugary Drink Habits Start Early
- Young Thyroid Cancer Survivors May Face Long-Term Health Risks
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- High-Tech Blood Sugar Monitors May Help People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Premature or Early Menopause More Likely in Women Without Kids: Study
- Safeguards May Be Reducing Serious Catheter Infections
- Obamacare Boosted Coverage for the Chronically Ill, Study Finds
- Poverty Harder on Women's Hearts, Research Shows
- Your Health Record in a Heartbeat?
- Truckers' Poor Health: An Accident Waiting to Happen?
- Food Stamp Use Linked to Raised Early Death Risk in Study
- Many With Mental Illness Miss Out on HIV Tests
- Are U.S. Med Schools Skimping on Obesity Training?
- Short Stretches of Exercise May Have Anti-Inflammatory Effect
- Too Much Sitting Ages You Faster
- 17 Million U.S. Adults May Have Tough-to-Spot High Blood Pressure
- 1 in 3 Adults Diagnosed With Asthma May Not Have It: Study
- Study Boosts Theory That Fewer Calories Can Extend Life
- Higher Risk of Heart Disease for Blacks in Poorer Neighborhoods
- Can Coffee Perk Up Heart Health, Too?
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- Rural Americans at Higher Risk of 5 Preventable Causes of Death: CDC
- Pregnancy OK for Most Women With Congenital Heart Conditions: Report
- Blood Levels of Meat-Linked Chemical Tied to Odds of Heart Trouble
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- Lots of Red Meat May Be Tied to Gut Disorder in Men
- 3-D Printed Blood Vessels Implanted in Monkeys
- Tobacco Use Costs World 6 Million Lives, $1 Trillion Annually: Report
- High Blood Pressure Increasing Worldwide
- Brisk Walk May Help Sidestep Heart Disease
- Government-Backed Salt Reduction Efforts Could Deliver Big Health Pay Day
- 'Weekend Warriors' Can Still Stretch Their Life Spans
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- Flu Shots Are Worth It
- Diabetes Takes Biggest Bite Out of U.S. Health Care Spending
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?
- Health Tip: When a Child Is Sick
- High Pain Tolerance Tied to 'Silent' Heart Attack Risk
- HIV May Double Odds of Heart Attack
- Female Doctors May Have an Edge: Study
- Women Fare Better Than Men After a Heart Valve Replacement
- Teens May Not Heed Health Warnings on Cigars
- Taking a Holiday Trip? Protect Yourself From Blood Clots
- Smartphones Could Be a Boon to Heart Health Research
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- The Happy Get Lucky in Their Older Years
- Polar Vortex Tightens Grip on U.S.
- GNC Pays $2.5 Million to Settle Improper Labeling Investigation
- Alcohol Can Be a Risky Guest at Holiday Parties
- Americans' Life Expectancy Falls for 1st Time in Decades
- Heart Failure Protein May Signal Early Brain Damage
- Certain Breast Cancer Drugs Tied to Blood Vessel Damage
- John Glenn, Legendary Astronaut and Later Senator, Has Died
- For Heart Attack Survivors, a Risk of Suicide?
- Optimism May Propel Women to a Longer Life
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Just 1 Cigarette a Day Can Be Deadly: Study
- Plastic Surgeons Urge Giving Up E-Cigs Before Procedure
- After Cancer, Higher Risk of Severe Heart Attack
- 24-Hour Shifts Can Play Havoc With the Heart
- Americans' Cholesterol Levels Keep Falling
- Wider Low-Dose Aspirin Use Would Save U.S. $692 Billion: Study
- Vegetarian Diets Called Good for People and the Planet
- Doctors Should Counsel Even Low-Risk Patients on Heart Health
- Smoking Raises Heart Attack Risk 8-Fold in People Under 50
- Tennis Anyone? It May Prolong Your Life
- Scientists Spot 'Teetotaler' Gene
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Does a Little Daily Drinking Really Help the Heart?
- These Medicines Often Send Americans to ERs
- Bonus From Your Blood Pressure Med: Fewer Fractures?
- Poor Sleep Linked to Worsening Kidney Disease
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- Heart Attacks Up in New Orleans Post-Katrina
- Are You Ready for Flu Season?
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Poor Sleep Linked to Worsening Kidney Disease
- Choose the Healthy Foods Options This Holiday Season
- Hi-Tech Skin Patch Might Someday Track Your Health
- Public Health Campaign Cut Consumption of Sugary Drinks
- Pessimism May Take Unwelcome Toll on the Heart
- CDC Reveals Top 5 Causes of Death
- Can Protein, Probiotics Help With Blood Sugar Control?
- Can Time-Release Capsules Replace Daily Pills?
- 'Yo-Yo Dieting' Hard on Older Women's Hearts: Study
- Wildfire Smoke Chokes Southeast, Brings Health Threats
- Coming Soon: Lower Cholesterol From a Twice-a-Year Shot?
- Having Rheumatoid Arthritis May Increase Heart Risk
- High Blood Pressure Rates Have Doubled Worldwide Since 1975
- Meat-Heavy Diets May Raise Older Women's Heart Risks
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Tracking Blood Sugar in Pregnancy Might Lower Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Trouble Sleeping Tied to Higher Risk for Irregular Heartbeat
- Sharp Drop in Blood Pressure After Rx May Be Risky for Some Heart Patients
- Craving Salt? Your Genes May Be the Reason, Study Suggests
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Fell 20 Percent Since 1980s: Study
- Heavy Smoking May Boost Blacks' Diabetes Risk
- DNA Isn't Destiny: Healthy Living Can Overcome Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Daily Can of Soda Boosts Odds for Prediabetes, Study Finds
- Can a Community's 'Well-Being' Help You Live Longer?
- U.S. Doctors Don't All Follow Prediabetes Screening Guidelines: Study
- A Future Challenge for Some Cancer Survivors: Heart Disease
- Low Vitamin D Levels May Raise Bladder Cancer Risk: Study
- Graphic Cigarette Pack Labels May Cut U.S. Smoking Deaths
- Hypochondriacs May Worry Themselves Into Heart Trouble
- Weight-Loss Surgery Brings Bigger Heart Benefits to Women: Study
- Heavy Drinking While Young May Mean Hefty Health Tab Later
- More Than Half of Americans Have Chronic Health Problem: Study
- Many Kids Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- 'White Coat' High Blood Pressure May Signal Trouble in Older People
- Pedal Your Way to Heart Health
- Stressed-Out Mate Bad for Your Waistline
- Device Approved to Prevent Second Strokes in Certain Heart Patients
- Heart Group Advises Personalized Nutrition Counseling
- Parent-Child Screening Urged for Inherited Heart Condition
- Air Pollution May Even Harm Blood Vessels of Healthy Young
- Smoking Still Takes Big Toll in U.S. Cancer Deaths
- Take Meds as Directed to Boost Survival After Heart Procedures
- Review Says Calcium Supplements Won't Harm the Heart
- Study Counters Notion That Heart Surgery Poses More Kidney Risks to Women
- Is It Really True That Chocolate May Be Good for You?
- Digestive Byproduct Tied to Meat Raises Risks for Some Heart Patients
- Have Type 2 Diabetes? Try Walking After Eating
- Are Vegetarian Diets Heart-Healthier?
- No Link Between Caffeine, Irregular Heartbeat in Heart Failure Patient Study
- Statins Often Interact With Other Heart Drugs
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Heart Surgery Devices May Have Been Contaminated: CDC
- Americans Are Changing Their Supplements of Choice
- High-Protein Diets May Not Help Fend Off Diabetes: Study
- Chronic Disease in Mom May Be Linked to Newborns' Heart Disease
- Calcium Supplements May Not Be Heart Healthy
- Anger, Heavy Exertion: Fast Track to a Heart Attack?
- Your Post-Heart Attack Survival May Depend on Choice of Hospital
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- More Research Cites Salt's Potential Health Risks
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Less Safe for Men With Prior Heart Attack
- Could Prescribed NSAID Painkillers Raise Heart Failure Risk?
- Are There Alternatives to Statins?
- Secondhand Smoke More Insidious Than Thought
- Eliminate Sweetened Drinks, Cut Kids' Sugar Intake
- 'Spare Tire' May Be Tougher on Your Heart Than 'Love Handles'
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- Smart City Planning Can Cut Deadly Diseases, Improve Air Quality
- 23 Plans Earn Top Mark in Health Insurance Ratings
- Stress Might Undercut Benefits of Healthy Diet for Women
- Smoking Leaves Lasting Marks on DNA: Study
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- Marriage May Help Diabetics Keep Weight Off
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- Early Menopause Linked to Higher Heart Disease, Death Risks
- Diet or Exercise: What's Best for the Middle-Aged Heart
- Tighter Blood Pressure Control Could Save 100,000 U.S. Lives: Study
- 31 Million Older Americans Aren't Getting Enough Exercise
- Health Tip: Know Your Family Health History
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Experts Weigh In On Newly Released Health Information From Clinton, Trump
- Sugar Companies Shifted Focus to Fat as Heart Harm: Study
- 1 in 4 Medicare Patients Uses Blood Pressure Meds Incorrectly
- Smoking Thickens Heart Wall, Leading to Heart Failure: Study
- Many With Diabetes Missing Out on Statins
- What's Regular Exercise Worth? Maybe $2,500 Per Year
- Will Worsening 'Smoke Waves' Threaten Western U.S.?
- Savor Your Coffee -- and a Bright Smile
- Exercise May Cut Alcohol Health Risks
- 'Glycemic Index' May Be Too Unreliable to Manage Diabetes: Study
- Could Good Sex Be Bad for an Older Man's Heart?
- Thyroid Levels in High-Normal Range May Be Linked to Cardiac Arrest
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Be Tied to Wider Range of Ills
- Older Drug May Help Type 1 Diabetics' Heart Health
- Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That
- Heart Attack Before 50 Ups Early Death Risk
- Drug-Coated Stents Don't Improve Patient Survival, Large Study Reports
- Over 64? Want to Cut Your Heart Disease Risk? Try Exercise
- Fewer Drugs in Pipeline to Treat World's No. 1 Killer
- Heart Birth Defects Dropped After Folic Acid Was Added to Food
- Mediterranean Diet Shows Its Protective Powers in Heart Patients
- Sleep Apnea Mask Treatment Fails to Curb Heart Risks
- Cancer on Course to Become Top Killer of Americans
- Stress May Take Greatest Toll on Younger Women's Hearts: Study
- Adult-Onset Asthma Might Raise Heart Risks
- Gallstones Linked to Higher Heart Disease Risk
- Heart Health May Hinge on Easy Access to Fresh Food
- Do Angioplasty Patients Really Need Beta-Blocker Drugs?
- How Long Will You Live? Look to Your Parents
- Exercise Not an 'Antidote' to Too Much Sitting, Heart Experts Say
- U.S. Kids Don't Make the Grade on Heart Health
- Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Hardened Arteries
- Fidget Your Way to a Healthier Heart
- Regular Exercise: Antidote for Deadly Diseases?
- Even Poorer Nations Not Immune to High Blood Pressure
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Diabetes Drug Victoza Might Not Help Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Average American 15 Pounds Heavier Than 20 Years Ago
- Lots of Red Meat, an Earlier Grave?
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- Health Tip: Get More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Eczema's Effects More Than Skin Deep
- Is Pot Harder on the Heart Than Tobacco?
- Hour of Exercise a Day May Offset Sitting's Toll on Health
- Family Lifestyles May Be as Important to Health as Genes
- Space Travel May Pose Risks to Heart
- 'Heat Dome' Not Budging Until Week's End
- Lack of Fitness Second Only to Smoking as Predictor of Early Death: Study
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- 1 in 10 Alzheimer's Patients at Risk for Avoidable Hospital Stays
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- Rising Blood Sugar Hitting More Obese Adults
- Heart Failure After Heart Attack Tied to Cancer Risk in Study
- FDA Approves First Fully Dissolvable Stent
- Progress Against Heart Deaths Starting to Wane, Report Warns
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Heart Disease Down Among Over-40 Americans
- Indoor Pollution From Fuels May Threaten Heart
- For Better Heart Care, Get a Pharmacist on Your Team
- Could Eating More Whole Grains Help You Live Longer?
- Shouting? The 'Silent Treatment'? How Spouses Argue Linked to Physical Ills
- Less Heart Care, More Strokes for Women?
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Shift Workers at Greater Risk of Heart Ills, Study Says
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- More Evidence That Smog a Heart Threat
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- Watch Walking to Gauge Health After Heart Surgery
- Obesity May Not Take Years Off Your Life: Study
- No Statins Before Heart Surgery, Study Suggests
- Medical Errors: A Hidden Killer
- Study Ties Implanted Defibrillators to Long-Term Complications
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Breast Cancer Meds Won't Raise Chances of Heart Attack, Stroke, Study Suggests
- Lonely, Isolated People May Be Prone to Heart Disease, Stroke
- Doctors May Be Ordering Too Many Neck Artery Scans: Study
- Metformin Safer for Heart Than Other Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs: Study
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Expert Panel Reaffirms Daily Aspirin's Use Against Heart Disease, Colon Cancer
- Health Tip: Exercise for a Healthier Heart
- Fruit Every Day Might Help Your Heart, Researchers Say
- Endometriosis Linked to Heart Disease in Study
- Wearable 'Defibrillator-in-a-Vest' May Help Some Heart Patients
- Women May Not Be Aware of Heart Disease Risks
- Women, Men Share Similar Symptoms of Heart Disease
- Moderate Drinking May Not Lengthen Life, Study Suggests
- Acetaminophen Won't Help Arthritis Pain, Study Finds
- A Healthy Heart May Protect an Aging Brain
- Long Hours at the Office May Raise Your Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Optimistic Outlook May Boost Hispanics' Heart Health
- One Alcoholic Drink Might Temporarily Bump Up Heart Risk
- Lazy Weekends May Boost Body Fat, Study Shows
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- Parents, Take Heed: Your Kids Copy Your Heart Health Habits
- Seven Steps Toward a Healthier Heart
- Organic Milk and Meat Have Higher Nutrient Levels: Study
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- National Smoking Bans Help Everyone, Especially Nonsmokers: Study
- Healthier Diets May Be Cutting Heart, Diabetes Risks in U.S. Teens
- Head Injuries May Explain Henry VIII's Erratic Behavior, Study Suggests
- Depression May Boost Seniors' Risk for Heart Disease, Stroke
- Exercise Has Its Limits for Losing Weight, Study Finds
- Higher Fiber Intake May Improve Lung Function
- Suicide, Drugs Only Partly to Blame for Rising Deaths of Middle-Aged U.S. Whites
- New Kidney Transplant Drug Cuts Risk of Earlier Death: Study
- Women's Heart Attacks Are Different Than Men's, Experts Stress
- Long-Term Smog Exposure May Boost Heart, Lung Disease Deaths
- Daily Caffeine Doesn't Seem to Jolt the Heart: Study
- After Heart Surgery, House Calls by Physician's Assistants Help
- Eating More Healthy Fats May Extend Life, Study Suggests
- Slow Heart Rate Doesn't Mean Early Death Risk: Study
- High-Rise Living May Lower Your Chances of Surviving Cardiac Arrest
- Exercise Regularly and Your Heart Will Thank You
- Health Tip: Learn About Vitamin C
- Statins Aid Bypass Surgery Recovery, Research Shows
- Exercise May Lower Heart Disease Risk in Depressed People: Study
- Sugary Drinks Tied to Increase in Deep Belly Fat
- Scientists Identify Sugar-Busting Enzyme in Rats
- Even Slight Kidney Decline May Affect Heart
- Organ Recipients at Raised Risk of Cancer Death, Study Finds
- Americans Still Consume Too Much Salt: CDC
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Mexico's Soda Tax Linked to Reduced Consumption
- Childhood Cancer Treatment May Raise Adult Heart Disease Risk
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- Heart Attack Treatment Often Delayed for Former Bypass Patients
- Reducing Salt Intake Might Harm Heart Failure Patients, Study Claims
- New Rules for Mammograms, Tanning Beds Top Health News of 2015
- All High-Risk Patients Should Get Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Should You Be Taking Aspirin Daily?
- U.S. Task Force Backs Statins for Those 40 to 75 at Heightened Heart Risk
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest May Not Be So Sudden
- Heart Disease Now Kills 1 of Every 3 Americans
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- Shingles Linked to Raised Heart Risks for Seniors, Study Finds
- A Newborn's Heart Attack Shows Heart Can Regrow, Recover
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- Unhappiness Won't Kill You
- One in Five U.S. Kids Over Age 5 Has Unhealthy Cholesterol: CDC
- Infertile Men May Have Higher Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Kids With Asthma, Allergies May Face Higher Heart Risk Factors: Study
- Sense of Purpose in Life May Boost Longevity, Heart Health
- Negative News on Statins Tied to Dropped Prescriptions
- Pollution From Coal Burning Most Damaging to Health, Study Finds
- Smog Linked to Heart Disease in Seniors
- Hearts Entombed With Loved Ones Give Clues to Cardiac Disease Centuries Ago
- Crave Coffee Too Much? Talk Therapy May Help
- Possible New Weight-Loss Tool: Blocking Stomach Artery
- Women Starting to Match Men's Drinking Habits, Study Finds
- Constant Traffic Noise May Boost Depression Risk
- Heart Disease Doesn't Take a Holiday
- High 'Resting' Heart Rate Tied to Higher Odds of Early Death
- Exercise Can Reduce Heart Failure Risk, No Matter Your Age
- Why Heart Failure Patients Often Get Too Little Exercise
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Scientists Pinpoint What Level of Vitamin D Promotes Heart Health
- Arm Artery Access Safer for Angioplasty, Review Finds
- Angioplasty May Not Boost Survival for Some Heart Disease Patients
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Some Kids With Heart Defects Struggle in School
- Bystander CPR Helps Some Kids Survive Cardiac Arrest
- Could the 'Stress Hormone' Affect Weight and Memory?
- Cardiac Concerns Not High on Women's Lists: Survey
- Smoggy Days Linked to Most Severe Type of Heart Attack
- Heart Disease Deaths Declining Among Those With Rheumatoid Arthritis: Study
- Race Gap in Life Expectancy Is Narrowing: U.S. Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Trim Health Care Costs
- Better Diets May Be Extending Americans' Lives
- Sweetened Drinks Might Raise Men's Risk for Heart Failure
- Too Much TV Linked to Leading Causes of Death
- Marriage May Aid Recovery From Heart Surgery, Study Finds
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- Studies Reveal Gender Gap in Heart Care
- Loading Up on Fruit, Veggies in Early Adulthood Pays Off Later
- Nitrous Oxide OK During Surgery for People With Heart Disease
- 'Older' Blood Poses No Harm to Heart Surgery Patients: Study
- Heart Patients Worldwide Missing Out on Key Drugs
- Poor Patients May Be More Likely to Die After Heart Surgery: Study
- Men's, Women's Hearts Age Differently
- Positive Outlook May Help Heart Disease Patients Heal
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Women's Heart Risk, But Not Men's
- Job Stress Tied to Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Younger Women Less Likely to Take Meds After Heart Attack
- Sitting for a Long Time Not as Bad as Thought?
- Doctors, Nurse Practitioners Offer Comparable Outpatient Heart Care: Study
- Confirm High Blood Pressure Outside Doctor's Office, U.S. Task Force Says
- New Clues to How Gene Affects Women's Body Shape, Diabetes Risk
- Red Wine Boosts Heart Health in Type 2 Diabetes
- Worse Psoriasis, Less Healthy Arteries, Study Finds
- Sensitive Blood Test May Help Rule Out Heart Attack
- Whistle … and Walk … While You Work
- Severely Obese Kids at Higher Risk for Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Sweetened Drinks May Damage Heart, Review Finds
- Childhood Trauma May Boost Heart Disease Risk for a Lifetime
- Medical Costs Soar for Smokers Who Develop Artery Disease
- Preschoolers Can Learn Heart-Healthy Lifestyles
- Sedentary Behavior Linked to Heart Disease in Hispanics
- Cancer May Be a Hidden Danger to the Heart: Report
- More Evidence High-Fiber, Mediterranean Diet Is Good for You
- Why People in 'Tall' Nations Are More Likely to Be Slim
- Could a Texting App Help Your Heart?
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- Heart Attack Shouldn't End Your Sex Life
- Pregnancy Complications May Be Linked to Later Heart Disease
- Beet Juice Boosts Muscle Power in Heart Patients
- Researchers Pinpoint Genes Linked to Height, Heart Disease
- New Blood Test May Help Predict Heart Disease Risks in Obese Black Teens
- A High Salt and Potassium Diet May Accelerate Chronic Kidney Disease
- Sugary Drinks Often Part of Overall Poor Diet
- People in Their 50s Benefit Most From Low-Dose Aspirin, Report Says
- Diabetes Takes a Toll on Women's Hearts
- Air Pollution Exposure May Boost Risk of Early Death
- Too Much, Too Little Sleep May Harm the Heart
- Short, Intense Workouts May Help Hearts of Type 2 Diabetics
- Cutting Calories May Help You Fend Off Age-Linked Disease: Study
- Your Heart Is Likely 'Older' Than You Are
- Could All Work and No Play Kill You?
- Two Measures of Heart Health May Hint at Seniors' Independence
- Naps May Do a Heart Good
- Could Lots of Coffee Up Heart Risks for Young Adults With High Blood Pressure?
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy May Reappear Later in Life: Study
- American Kids Growing Fatter Than Their Canadian Cousins
- Sharp Spike Seen in Statin Use in Elderly Without Heart Disease
- Blood Pressure Drugs Linked to Longer Ovarian Cancer Survival
- Progress Slows Against Heart Disease Deaths for Adults Under 55, Study Shows
- Can What You Eat Affect Your Mental Health?
- Insulin Pumps Nearly Halve Risk of Heart Disease Death for Type 1 Diabetics
- Could Your Smartphone Help Boost Your Heart Health?
- Saturated Fats: What to Know Now
- Blood Chemical Test May Predict Risk of Heart Disease Death
- Jury Still Out on Whether Saturated Fat Is Bad for You, Researchers Say
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Exercise Boosts Obese Kids' Heart Health
- Hysterectomy at Younger Age Tied to Heart Disease Risks
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Stand, Don't Sit, to Get Healthier, Researchers Say
- New Drug Lowers Levels of Triglyceride Blood Fats: Study
- Deaths, Hospital Stays and Costs All Down Among U.S. Seniors
- Heart Disease, Alzheimer's Linked by Common Risk Factors
- Flavor-Boosting Phosphate Food Additives Carry Risks for Some
- Aspirin Use Common Among Americans With Heart Trouble
- Wildfires May Spark Heart Hazards for Miles Around
- More Evidence a Healthy Diet Can Lower Risks of Heart Disease, Cancer
- FDA Strengthens Warning on NSAIDs and Heart Risk
- Diabetes Drug Given to Obese Moms-to-Be Won't Keep Baby's Weight Down
- Less Education May Mean Shorter Lifespan, Study Suggests
- Deaths From High Blood Pressure Should Plummet Under 'Obamacare': Study
- Smoking, Preterm Births Increase a Woman's Heart Disease Risk
- Chronic Ills May Add Up to a Shortened Life Span
- Some People Do Age Faster Than Others
- Calcium Scan Can Predict Premature Death Risk, Study Says
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Parents' Genetic Similarities Could Affect Kids' Height, Intellect
- Menopausal Women at Lower Heart Risk Than Men of Similar Age
- Promise From a New Weight-Loss Drug
- Fat No Longer the Focus of New U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- Half of U.S. Hispanics With High Cholesterol Unaware They Have It: Study
- Order in Which Food Is Eaten May Affect Type 2 Diabetics' Blood Sugar
- More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Adults Now Overweight or Obese: Study
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- Seeing Their Clogged Arteries Can Spur Healthy Changes in Patients
- More Research Hints at Chocolate's Heart Benefits
- FDA: Farewell to Trans Fats
- FDA Ban on Harmful Trans Fats Expected Soon
- FDA Advisers Recommend Approval of First of 2 New Cholesterol Drugs
- Rise in Deaths Even When Smog Is Below EPA Standard: Study
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Helps the Heart in Type 2 Diabetes
- Poorer Blacks May Face Higher Odds of Heart Disease
- 'Moderate' Drinking Might Harm Older People's Hearts: Study
- Could a Noisy Neighborhood Make You Fat?
- Coffee May Help Men Keep Impotence at Bay
- Heart Risk Factors May Harm Black Women More Than Whites
- COPD Raises Cardiac Death Risk for Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- One-Third of Americans Have Dangerous Mix of Heart Risk Factors
- How Safe Is Exercise for Those With Common Irregular Heartbeat?
- Activity Improves Survival for Those With Implanted Defibrillators
- Early Menopause Tied to Lower Risk of Irregular Heartbeat
- Hand-Grip Strength May Provide Clues to Heart Health
- Immune System Genes May Change With the Seasons: Study
- Mediterranean Diet Plus Olive Oil or Nuts May Boost Thinking and Memory
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- When You Eat, Not Just What, May Impact Health
- Little Risk of Vitamin D Toxicity, Study Says
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- Health Tip: Living With Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Routine Heart Care Similar From Nurse Practitioners, Doctors: Study
- 2-Minute Walk Every Hour May Help Offset Effects of Sitting
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Hispanic Women's Upbeat Outlook May Boost Heart Health
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivors Face Higher Long-Term Heart Risks
- Moderate Drinking May Be Less Beneficial for Blacks
- Daily Aspirin Taken by More Than Half of Older U.S. Adults
- Statins Carry Some Risk for Seniors, Study Suggests
- Adults With Congenital Heart Trouble Need Follow-Up, Experts Say
- Corlanor Approved for Chronic Heart Failure
- To Protect Your Aging Brain, Start With Exercise
- A Grateful Heart May Be a Healthy Heart
- Older Donated Blood Safe for Heart Surgery Patients, Study Finds
- Genes May Leave Short People Prone to Heart Disease
- New Guidelines Would Greatly Boost Number of Young People on Statins
- Fit at 50? Cardiac Arrest During Exercise Unlikely, Study Finds
- Are Heart Surgery Patients Losing Too Much Blood to Tests?
- More People Dying of Heart Disease, Stroke Worldwide: Study
- Packaged Grocery Foods Often High in Salt, Study Finds
- Night Owls Run Higher Risk of Health Problems, Study Finds
- FDA Expands Approval for 'Valve in Valve' Aortic Replacement
- Heart Groups Issue Updated Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Midlife Fitness May Be a Real Cancer Fighter for Men
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- FDA Warns of Cardiac Effect When Heart Drug Mixed With Hepatitis C Meds
- New Blood Pump System Approved
- Secondhand Smoke May Put Kids at Risk for Heart Disease as Adults
- For Mexican-Americans, Heart Risks Can Rise Even If Not Obese
- Can Fish Oil Help Boys With ADHD Pay Attention?
- Kids' Bad Diets May Mean Worse Health as Adults
- Smokers Fare Worse After Heart Procedures, Study Finds
- Newer Blood Thinner May Improve Outcomes for Heart Attack Survivors
- CT Scans Might Spot Heart Risks More Clearly in Patients With Chest Pain
- Folic Acid May Help Ward Off Stroke in People With High Blood Pressure
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- More Evidence That Hormone Therapy Might Not Help Women's Hearts
- Outcomes Vary With Minimally Invasive Heart Valve Replacement
- Good Heart Health May Help Stave Off Dementia, Study Says
- Stress, Depression a 'Perfect Storm' of Trouble for Heart Patients
- A Sense of Purpose May Help Your Heart
- Nuts Linked to Better Heart Health for Teens
- Veggie-Rich Diets May Mean Lower Heart Risks
- Healthy Living in Middle Age Keeps Heart Failure at Bay Decades Later
- Easing Depression May Boost Heart Health, Study Finds
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Point to Raised Heart Disease Risk
- Women Take Longer to Reach Hospital After Heart Attack
- Common Drug for Irregular Heartbeat Tied to Worse Outcomes
- Another Study Finds Mediterranean Diet May Cut Heart Risks
- Nuts May Lengthen Your Life, Study Suggests
- Love Coffee? Your Heart May, Too
- Global Blood Pressure Program Could Save Millions of Lives, Experts Say
- Poor Response to Statins May Mean Clogged Arteries
- Early Hospital Release May Hurt Broken-Hip Patients
- Younger Women Often Ignore Signs of Heart Attack
- Study Ties Saunas to Lower Risk of Death From Heart Disease
- Mental Illness, Homelessness Linked to Heart Disease in Study
- U.S. Dietary Guidelines Take Aim at Sugar
- Light Activity a Boost to Seniors' Hearts
- 'Calculators' Doctors Use May Overestimate Heart Risks, Study Says
- First 'Epigenomes' Map Highlights How Genes Spur Health, Disease
- More Evidence That Even 'Moderate' Exercise Helps Women's Hearts
- U.S. Smoking Deaths May Be Underestimated, Study Suggests
- Low Vitamin D Levels in Childhood May Raise Heart Risks: Study
- Effectiveness of Implanted Defibrillators May Depend on Patient's Age
- Is the Advice on Fat in Your Diet Wrong?
- Preterm Delivery Linked to Heart Disease, Stroke Risk in Mothers
- A Pill a Day? No Way, Survey Says
- Certain Heart Drug, Antibiotic Combo Might Be Fatal for Seniors
- ER Patients With Chest Pain May Not Always Need Heart Tests: Study
- Prolonged High Cholesterol in Middle Age Raises Heart Risk Later: Study
- Pneumonia Raises Heart Disease Risk for Years: Study
- A Bit More Salt Each Day May Not Harm Older Adults
- Too Much Sitting Can Be Deadly -- Even if You Exercise, Review Finds
- Could a Drink a Day Lower Your Risk for Heart Failure?
- Scientists Spot Mutation Behind Genetic Form of Heart Failure
- Lack of Exercise More Deadly Than Obesity, Study Suggests
- An Optimistic Outlook May Be Good for Your Heart
- How Intense Efforts Boosted Heart Health for One Maine Community
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Happy Childhood May Be Good for Your Heart
- Cluster of Heart Risk Factors Tied to Uterine Cancer Risk
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Extend Lives, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- Study Debunks Notion of 'Healthy Obesity'
- Diet Rich in Whole Grains Might Extend Your Life, Study Says
- Rotating Night Shift Work May Raise Risks of Heart Disease, Lung Cancer: Study
- DASH Diet Is Tops Again, Fifth Year in a Row
- Health Tip: Coping With Heart Disease
- Do Americans Eat and Drink Too Much Sugar?
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- More Children in the U.S. Are Getting Type 1 Diabetes
- Crohn's, Colitis May Have Genetic Underpinnings, Study Finds
- Only 4 in 10 Americans Eat Heart-Healthy Nuts Each Day, CDC Says
- 'Low-GI' Diet May Not Benefit Blood Sugar
- Yoga May Cut Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Timing of First Period Tied to Women's Later Heart Risk: Study
- FDA Approves Blood Test That Gauges Heart Attack Risk
- New Test Estimates Risk of Heart Disease
- Does High-Fructose Corn Syrup Make People Hungrier?
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
- Poor Sperm Quality May Signal Health Issues, Study Finds
- Obesity Can Cause 'Silent' Damage to Heart
- Study Casts Doubt on Low-Dose Aspirin for Women Under 65
- Poorest Seniors at Risk for Repeat Hospital Stays
- Childhood Obesity Brings Host of Health Problems, Researchers Report
- Kids Who Need Heart Transplant Should Get the First Available, Study Says
- 3-D Model of Heart May Help Surgeons Fix Defects
- Home Exercise Boosts Heart Patients' Frame of Mind
- Type 1 Diabetes Lowered Survival in Study
- Kids Born to Overweight Moms May Face Higher Heart Risks as Adults
- A Bad Marriage Burdens an Aging Heart
- Trans Fats May Sap Your Memory
- Women With Heart Disease at Low Risk When Giving Birth: Study
- Some Fats Might Harm Your Memory
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Cholesterol Drug Vytorin Linked to Reduced Heart Attack Risk
- Daily Aspirin Fails to Help Older Hearts in Japanese Study
- Certain Heart Dysfunction More Likely in Hispanic Women With Many Kids: Study
- Some Painkillers Tied to Bleeding Risk in Those With Abnormal Heartbeat
- Early Heart Disease May Lead to Impotence, Study Says
- Cocaine Can Cause Heart Problems: Study
- Study Finds No Added Benefit From Routine Heart Scans for Diabetics
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Emotional Stress Affects Women's Hearts
- Deaths From Heart Disease Down, Up for Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Can Give Your Heart an Unwelcome Buzz
- More Americans Controlling Their High Blood Pressure
- Could Wine, Chocolate Help Shield Your Heart From Smog?
- More Than One-Fifth of High School Students Smoke: CDC
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Researchers Find Gene Mutation That May Protect Against Heart Disease
- Deaths From Heart Disease Drop Quickly After Stent Procedure: Study
- Why Eating Less Red Meat May Help Your Heart
- 'Longevity Gene' One Key to Long Life, Research Suggests
- Kids With Epilepsy Face Higher Early Death Risk, Study Reports
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Heart Disease in Women
- Early Signs of Plaque in Arteries Signals Future Heart Trouble: Study
- Are Your Heart Symptoms All in Your Head?
- Women Often Ignore Signs of Heart Trouble
- Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Is Milk Your Friend or Foe?
- Brief Interruption of Blood Supply to Limb Might Aid Heart Surgery: Study
- Knowing Genetic Risk for Cancer May Not Change Behavior
- Heart Transplant ‘Breakthrough' Shows Promise
- Depression After Heart Attack May Be More Common for Women
- Study Finds U.S. Diets Still Contain Too Many Bad Fats
- Binge Drinking May Boost Blood Pressure in Young Men
- Some Lung Patients Buy Cigarettes Along With Meds at Pharmacies: Study
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Dieters May Be Thwarted by Absence of Healthy Foods
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
- Stress Affects Women, Men With Heart Disease Differently, Study Shows
- Heart Bypass Patients May Not Need Tight Blood Sugar Control: Study
- Genes May Make Some More Prone to Heart Disease When Under Stress
- Too Many Heart Scans May Pose Radiation Risks, Cardiologists Say
- Small Heart, Stroke Risks From Asthma Drug: FDA
- Scientists Explain Why Statins Raise Diabetes Risk
- Testosterone and Heart Attacks: Q&A
- Eating More Fruit Cuts Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Is Breakfast Really Your Most Important Meal?
- Low-Carb Beats Low-Fat for Weight Loss, Heart Health: Study
- Heart Studies Don't Reflect Real-World Patients, Study Finds
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
- Antibiotic Might Raise Heart Risks for Some
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Chances of Heart Disease if You Have Diabetes
- Studies Question Need to Watch Your Salt
- Women, Blacks Hit Harder by Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Some Jobs Harder on the Heart Than Others, Report Finds
- No TV or Obesity, But Ancient People Still Had Heart Disease
- Childhood Sex Abuse May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Don't Judge a Pill by Its Color
- A Little Alcohol May Not Be Good for Your Heart After All
- Latest Study Finds No Link Between Testosterone Supplements, Heart Attack
- Change Bad Habits Early, Save Your Heart Later
- Scientists Explain Stress and Heart Attack Link
- People With Heart Disease, Diabetes May Be More Likely to Stay on Statins
- New Blood Test May Help Detect Heart Transplant Rejection
- Rare Gene Mutations May Help Shield the Heart
- Good Heart Health May Keep Your Mind Sharp, Too
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Lower Heart Risks, Study Finds
- Diet Rich in Plant Antioxidants Helps Blood Sugar
- Cancer, Heart Disease Not Likely Killers of Those Over 100
- Losing Weight at Any Age May Help the Heart
- Reports of Chest Pain Down For Whites, But Not Blacks
- Researchers Shed Light on Link Between Stress, Heart Trouble
- Blood Pressure Drugs Help Keep Heart Trouble at Bay: FDA
- Ironclad Findings About Red Meat's Harms?
- Electronic Cigarettes: Q&A
- Pot Smoking May Pose Heart Dangers, Study Suggests
- Less Salt Use Tied to Drop in U.K. Heart Deaths
- Sitting Too Much May Harm Health
- College Football Players Have Stiffer Arteries, Study Finds
- Heart Disease Haunted Mummies, Too
- Exercise Affects Men's, Women's Hearts Differently: Study
- Smoke-Free Policies May Protect the Heart
- Vitamin D Deficiency May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- Marriage Does Help the Heart, Study Finds
- Marathon Training Might Boost Heart Health
- E-Cigarettes: What the Research Shows
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- Saturated Fats: Bad, Not So Bad?
- Scientists Probe Dark Chocolate's Health Secrets
- Daily Fish Oil Supplement May Not Help Your Heart: Studies
- Keep Your Heart Healthy
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart
- Health Tip: Choose Heart-Healthy Proteins
- Kids Born With HIV May Face Heart Risks Later, Study Suggests
- Getting Teeth Pulled Before Heart Surgery May Pose Serious Risks
- Transfusions Risky During Certain Heart Procedures, Study Finds
- Many Patients Have Pain After Heart Surgery, Study Finds
- FAQ: Vitamins to Prevent Cancer, Heart Disease?
- Health Tip: Depression and Heart Disease
- Start Heart-Healthy Lessons in Childhood, Expert Says
- Survey Finds Most Americans Misinformed About Heart Disease
- Fewer Heart Patients Now Dying From Heart Disease, Study Shows
- Health Tip: Understand Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Vitamin D Supplements: FAQ
- Good Marriages Might Be Good for More Than a Man's Heart
- New Diabetes Drug Seems Safe for Heart, Study Finds
- Gene May Raise Diabetics' Chances of Heart Disease
- Scientists Make Damaged Heart Cells Healthy Again in Lab Tests
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Triple Kids' Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
- Could Flu Shots Help Prevent Heart Attacks?
- Blood Protein Disparity May Help Explain Blacks' Increased Heart Risk
- Link Between Obesity, Diabetes and Death Risk Is Complicated
- Depression in Diabetes Patients Linked to Dementia, Study Finds
- Mediterranean Diet May Counter Genetic Risk of Stroke
- Sports-Related Sudden Death More Likely to Occur in Men: Study
- Prompt Surgery May Be Best for Heart Valve Leak
- Obesity Risk Factors May Vary for Boys, Girls
- Former President Bush Home After Heart Surgery
- Self-Monitoring Blood Pressure Appears to Improve Results, Study Finds
- Former President George W. Bush Gets Heart Stent
- Blood Pressure Swings Could Be Linked to Mental Decline: Study
- Docs Should Counsel Heart Attack Survivors on Resuming Sex, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Heat Illness
- Many Women Worry About Sex After Heart Attack, Study Shows
- Kidney Stones Tied to Raised Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Sunny Disposition May Shield You From Heart Problems
- Routine Echocardiograms Wouldn't Reduce Heart Events: Study
- Skipping Breakfast a Recipe for Heart Disease, Study Finds
- As Years Spent Obese Rise, So Do Heart Risks
- Physical Punishment in Childhood Tied to Health Woes as Adults
- Abdominal Fat Linked to Raised Heart, Cancer Risks
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Cause Weight Gain?
- Country Singer Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
- Country Singer Randy Travis in Critical Condition With Heart Infection
- Heart Dangers of Low Vitamin D Levels May Vary
- Quitting Smoking May Boost Diabetes Risk Slightly in Older Women
- Do Heart Patients Get Too Many Cholesterol Tests?
- 7 out of 10 Americans Take a Prescription Drug: Study
- Think You're Stressed? Maybe You Should Have Your Heart Checked
- Liver Disease May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- Diet-Exercise Combo Doesn't Cut Heart Risks in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Depression, Antidepressants Tied to Heart Disease, Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- James Gandolfini's Death From Heart Trouble at 51 a Sign of the Times
- Health, Not Age, Affects Benefits of Implanted Heart Device: Study
- Statins Plus Certain Antibiotics May Set Off Toxic Reaction: Study
- Will New Gout Findings Get a Toehold?
- More Doctors Starting to Favor 'Wrist Route' to Heart: Study
- Study: Low Blood Pressure May Weaken Brains of Some Heart Patients
- Heart Device 'Shock' Anxiety May Hamper Sex Life
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Heart Woes in Women, Study Finds
- More Proof Healthy Living, Not Smoking Pay Off
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Antidepressants May Be Helpful for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Noise, Dirty Air May Be Double Whammy for the Heart
- Sports May Be OK With Defibrillator, Study Says
- Certain COPD Meds Might Raise Heart Risks, Study Says
- Living Near Fast-Food Outlets Might Boost Obesity Risk
- Young Women Less Healthy Than Men Before Heart Attack: Study
- Get Fit in Middle Age to Cut Heart Failure Risk, Study Says
- Most Americans Should Eat Less Salt: Report
- Hysterectomy May Not Raise Heart Risks After All: Study
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- Typical Restaurant Meal Loaded With Fats, Salt, Calories: Studies
- Living Near Heavy Traffic May Harm Kidney Function
- Many Heart Defects Aren't Inherited, Study Finds
- Pets a Boon for the Human Heart, Cardiologists Say
- Fish Oil Supplements Don't Protect Against Heart Trouble: Study
- Everyday Noise Levels May Affect the Heart
- Docs Should Ask Heart Patients About Quality of Life
- Men Who Are Obese While Young Can Pay a Price Later
- 'Gut Reaction' May Predict Cardiovascular Risk
- Even in Young Adults, Binge Drinking May Harm Circulation
- Air Pollution May Speed Hardening of Arteries
- Hard Physical Labor May Boost Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke: Studies
- Health Tip: Some Fats Are Healthier
- Some Slightly Obese May Gain From Weight-Loss Surgery, Guidelines Say
- Ultrasound Waves, Bone Marrow Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- Higher Heart Rate Tied to Earlier Death, Even in Fit People
- Health Tip: Don't Ignore Pacemaker Issues
- Belly Fat May Be Tied to Kidney Damage
- Compound in Red Meat, Energy Drinks May Have Heart Disease Link
- Common Heart Drug Linked to Cancer Risk in Study
- Brisk Walking Equals Running for Heart Health: Study
- Less Salt, More Potassium = Millions of Lives Saved
- U.S. Spends More on Dementia Care Than Heart Disease or Cancer: Study
- Balding Men Could Face Higher Heart Risks, Study Finds
- Follow-Up Care After Chest Pain Called Crucial
- Heart Risks May Also Point to Dementia Risk
- Many U.S. Teens Have Poor Health Habits
- Eat Fish, Live Longer?
- Artificial Ovaries Could Potentially Deliver Hormone Therapy
- Modest Cardiac Benefit From Chelation Therapy Not Enough to OK Use: Experts
- Steady Rise in Heart Valve Infections Noted in U.S.
- Most of World's Adults Consume Too Much Salt, Study Finds
- Excess Salt a Factor in 2.3 Million Deaths Annually Worldwide
- Sugary Drinks Tied to 25,000 U.S. Deaths a Year
- Anxiety, Depression May Triple Risk of Death for Heart Patients: Study
- What's Good for the Heart May Also Prevent Cancer
- Experts Question Use of Ankle Blood Pressure to Gauge Heart Risks
- Breast Cancer Radiation Has Long-Term Heart Effects: Study
- Quitting Cigarettes Cuts Heart Risks, Even If You Gain Weight
- Niacin Won't Help, May Harm Heart Patients: Study
- Certain Diabetes Medications May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- Drug May Ease Angina in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Was Heart Disease the Mummies' Real Curse?
- Obese New Mothers May Have Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Early Heart Disease, Study Finds
- Tooth Loss Associated With Higher Risk for Heart Disease
- Skipping Aspirin Before Artery Procedure May Boost Death Rates
- Health Tip: Do I Need a Cardiac Stress Test?
- Processed Meat May Play a Part in Early Death: Study
- Heart-Healthy Habits in Childhood May Prevent Future Disease
- HIV May Raise Risk of Heart Attack
- Eating Out Can Hurt Heart Health, Expert Warns
- Babies Born to Obese Women Show Thicker Arteries: Study
- Niacin-Statin Combo May Cause Side Effects for Heart Patients
- Children Born With Heart Defects Show Growth Lags 3 Years Later
- Exercise Safety Tips for People With Heart Disease
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Chronic Health Problems
- Smoggy Air Tied to Heart Attacks: Study
- FDA Should Work to Cut Sugar Levels in Sodas, Experts Say
- Calcium Supplements May Raise Odds of Heart Death in Women
- Long Waits in the ER May Raise PTSD Risk for Heart Patients
- Which Fats Really Are Good for Your Heart?
- Re-Analysis Refutes Diet Guidelines Favoring Vegetable Fats
- Calcium Supplements May Raise Men's Death Risk From Heart Disease
- Belly Fat May Raise Odds of Early Death for Thin Heart Patients
- Vegetarianism May Cut Heart Disease Risk By Third: Study
- Erectile Dysfunction May Signal Hidden Heart Disease
- Heart Problems Tied to Early Signs of Dementia
- More Evidence Ties Heart Disease to Mental Decline
- High Blood Pressure in Kids May Be Less Common Than Thought
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Buy Breast Pumps With Caution, FDA Says
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- Pictures Speak Louder Than Words on Cigarette Labeling
- Cardiac Deaths May Lead to Shortage of Donor Livers
- Experts Challenge Americans to Reduce Salt Intake
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Treating More Complex, Expensive Conditions
- Today's U.S. Soldiers Fitter Than Decades Ago: Report
- The Best and Worst States for Your Heart
- Overweight? You Can Scale Back Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Less Mental Decline Seen in Older Blacks Who Went Hungry as Kids
- FDA: Chantix May Raise Heart Risks
- Yo-Yo Dieting Can Hurt the Heart, Study Finds
- U.S. Lifestyles Thwarting Heart Health Progress: Report
- Stop-Smoking Drug Chantix May Carry Heart Risks, FDA Warns
- Smoking Doubles Women's Sudden Death Risk
- Mouse Study Offers Clues to Obesity-Diabetes Link
- Just Lowering Fat Intake Can Shed Pounds, Study Finds
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Kids With HIV at Risk of Heart Disease, Study Says
- Consider Weight When Choosing Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- The Secret to a Longer Life? Children
- Smoking May Make Hangovers Worse
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Under Similar Stress, Rich Live Longer Than Poor: Study
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy
- Sleep Trumps All-Night Cramming for College Exams
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Statins Plus Exercise Best at Lowering Cholesterol, Study Finds
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Later Heart Trouble
- Deep Belly Fat Could Weaken Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- Long-Term Use of Some Antipsychotics Not Warranted in Older Adults: Study
- Cardiac Screening for All Young Athletes Carries Big Price Tag: Study
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards Rise in Colder Weather
- Alzheimer's May Progress Differently in Women, Men
- Airport Smoking Areas Expose Travelers, Workers to Risk: CDC
- Routine Checkups Don't Cut Cancer, Heart Deaths: Study
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy May Be Key to Women's Risk for MS, Study Says
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- Does Air Pollution Hurt Memory of Older Adults?
- Early Menstruation Tied to Factors That Raise Heart Disease Risk
- Regular Exercise May Help Seniors Stave Off Heart Failure
- Hearing Loss Tied to Diabetes in Study
- Smoking Bans Are on the Rise in Big Cities
- Schizophrenia Patients Who Take Antipsychotics Live Longer, Study Says
- Soda May Worsen Knee Osteoarthritis in Men
- New Drug to Lower 'Bad' Cholesterol Shows Promise
- Transcendental Meditation May Lower Heart Risk
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Sway Smokers, Study Finds
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Fat Buildup Around the Heart
- More Gene Variants Linked to Heart Trouble
- DNA 'Telomere' Length Tied to Aging, Death Risk
- Anti-Smoking Progress Stalls Among U.S. Adults: Report
- Programming Change in Defibrillator Implants May Lower Death Risk: Study
- Women Don't Fare as Well as Men With Implanted Defibrillators: Study
- Statins Linked to Reduced Cancer Death
- Popular Diabetes Meds Put to the Test
- Two Years On, Stem Cells Still Healing Damaged Hearts
- Miscarriages Tied to Elevated Risk for Heart Conditions
- Walk Your Way to a Longer Life, Study Says
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- List of 'Salty Six' Foods May Surprise You
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- 4 Signs of Aging That May Show Higher Heart Risk
- What to Do Now to Lower Heart Disease Risk Later
- Study Tallies Economic Fallout From Workers' Heart Attacks
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Gene-Tweaked Tomatoes, Probiotics Aim to Lower Your Cholesterol
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetic Heart Patients: Study
- Many U.S. Hispanics Have Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Losing Weight May Lower Cardiac Risks
- Women, Young Adults Misinterpret Chest Pain: Study
- Good Cholesterol Infusion May Help Unclog Arteries
- Multivitamins Do Not Prevent Heart Disease
- Gene Linked to Alzheimer's May Lose Power With Age
- ADHD Drugs Didn't Raise Heart Risks for Kids, Study Finds
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Device Offers Hope for Battery-Free Pacemakers
- Junk Food Hurts Your Arteries, But Healthy Meal Might Help
- Hypnosis May Ease Hot Flashes in Postmenopausal Women
- Fish, But Not Fish Oil Supplements, May Shield Against Stroke
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Smoking Can Cut 10 Years Off a Woman's Life
- Flu Vaccines May Protect the Heart Too
- Mothers' Weight-Loss Surgery Linked to Kids' Heart Health
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- Red Wine Compound May Not Help Healthy Women
- Millions May Be Taking Vitamin D Unnecessarily, Analysis Suggests
- Hormones May Not Raise Alzheimer's Risks
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Does Sleep Apnea Offer Some Protection During Heart Attack?
- Heart Disease Risk Factors Also Tied to Death From Prostate Cancer
- Approval Expanded for Sapien Artificial Heart Valve
- Panel Advises Against Hormones to Prevent Disease
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Bring on the Bean Diet for Health?
- Nationwide Study Examines Common Heart Procedures
- Blood Test May Help Define Breast Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Healthy Lifestyle Boosts Survival Odds for Older Women With Cancer
- Surgery May Spur Rise in Heart Deaths After Cancer Diagnosis: Study
- Menopause Won't Spur Weight Gain, But May Boost Belly Fat: Review
- Study Questions the Value of Annual Physical Exams
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- 'Meatless Monday' May Mean More Fruits, Veggies
- Interval Training Burns More Calories in Less Time
- Sitting Can Harm Health, Even for Those Who Exercise
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Zinc Harder to Absorb in Old Age, Animal Study Shows
- Fruits Plus Vegetables Equals Happiness?
- Health Tip: Using an Antihistamine
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- State Regulations Tied to Drop in Common Heart Procedure
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts
- New Clue to Predict Diseases in Women?
- Fast Walking May Slash at Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Health Tip: All Fats Aren't Bad
- New MRI Might Help Spot Heart Disease Early: Study
- Stem Cell Transplant May Spur Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Hormone Therapy in Early Menopause May Benefit Some Women: Study
- Aspirin May Help Preserve Brain Function in Older Women With Heart Disease
- Statins Tied to Reduced Glaucoma Risk
- Poor Sleep in Teen Years Linked to Heart Risks in Adulthood
- Moderate Drinking May Increase Risk of Heart Rhythm Disorder: Study
- Retina's Thickness May Be Tied to Severity of MS, Study Suggests
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Heart Disease Deaths in Europe Dropping: Report
- Flu Season's Approaching So Roll Up Your Sleeve
- Child Obesity Risks May Be Greater Than Thought
- Animal Study Ties Common Chemical to Reproductive Problems
- Poor Sleep May Make High Blood Pressure Worse
- Thin Placenta Might Be Linked to Sudden Cardiac Death Later in Life
- Mild Hyperthyroidism Won't Raise Heart Risk: Study
- Arsenic Found in Rice at High Levels
- Sesame and Rice Bran Oil, Yogurt Help Blood Pressure
- Obesity Surgery Seems to Reduce Heart Risks, Study Says
- Heart Deaths Rise With Extreme Temperatures, Study Finds
- Early Menopause May Double Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- Shingles Not Linked to Increased Cancer Risk, Study States
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Cancer Now Top Cause of Death for U.S. Hispanics
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy Critical for Brain Development, Study Says
- Salt in Kids' Diets Linked to High Blood Pressure
- Scientists Map Genetic 'Blueprint' of Heart
- Chronic Pain May Cost U.S. $635 Billion a Year
- Health Tip: What's a Heart-Healthy Diet?
- Hispanics May Face Higher Risk for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- NYC 'Soda Ban' Decision Expected Thursday
- Fish Oil Fizzles for Fighting Heart Attack, Stroke
- More Pregnant Women on Blood Pressure Drugs: Study
- Common Painkillers May Be Risky After Heart Attack
- Genetics Breakthrough Changes Thinking About DNA
- Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't Safe Either
- Non-Alcoholic Red Wine May Boost Heart Health
- Vitamin D Supplements Won't Help Cholesterol Levels: Study
- Many Heart Attacks May Go Unrecognized in Seniors
- It's Possible to Be Obese and Heart-Healthy: Studies
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Can Childhood Obesity Hinder the Brain?
- Obesity Might Lower Teens' Thinking Skills, Study Suggests
- Stress Linked to Stroke
- Low-Cal Diets Kept Monkeys Healthier, But Didn't Lengthen Lives
- Can Chocolate Lower Your Risk for Stroke?
- Early Stenting Best for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Belly Fat May Hit Your Heart the Hardest
- Teen Smokers Show Early Signs of Heart Disease
- New Test Helps Decide if Heart Patient Needs Stent
- Electronic Cigarettes Have Slight Impact on Heart: Study
- 2 Common Blood Pressure Meds Fare Equally in Preventing Heart Woes
- Midlife Fitness May Mean Healthier Old Age, Study Finds
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- Weight Loss Surgery Prevents Diabetes
- Newer Drug-Releasing Stent Cuts Chances of Cardiac Events: Study
- Which Heart Risk Test Rated Best?
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Stroke Risk Higher After Bypass Than Angioplasty: Analysis
- Close Relative's Early Death May Raise Your Heart Risk: Study
- Egg Yolks Almost as Bad for Arteries as Smoking: Study
- Higher BPA Levels, More Heart Disease?
- Blood Type May Impact Heart Risk
- Strategy May Help ER Docs Spot Heart Attacks Within an Hour
- Underinsured Heart Disease Patients Die Sooner, Study Finds
- Genetic Research Sheds Light on Jewish Diaspora
- Normal-Weight People With Type 2 Diabetes Have Higher Death Risk: Study
- Cholesterol Levels Getting Better for U.S. Kids: CDC
- Child Abuse Might Alter Onset of Menstruation in Girls
- Modest Weight Loss Can Reap Prolonged Health Benefits
- Some Improvement in Heart Risk Factors for Americans: CDC
- Wider Waistlines Put Damper on Men's Sex Lives: Study
- CDC: Military Veterans Report Poorer Health
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- Heart Birth Defects May Have Lasting Effect
- Task Force Updates EKG Recommendations
- Most Prostate Cancer Patients Don't Die From the Disease: Study
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
- High-Tech CT Scan May Get People With Chest Pain Home Faster
- Blood Vessels Made From Liposuction Fat
- Fish Oil Doesn't Lower Heart Risk in Diabetics
- Many Teens With High Blood Pressure Don't Get Needed Tests
- Doctors Spar Over Cholesterol Screening in Kids
- NYC Ban on Super-Sized Sodas Would Cut Consumers' Calories: Study
- Obese Kids May Be at Higher Risk for Heart Disease
- Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries Linked to Heart Attacks
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Genes Influence Whether Psych Drugs Lead to Weight Gain
- Many Medicaid Patients Skip Drugs That Could Prevent Heart Trouble
- Vitamin D May Delay Deterioration of Smokers' Lungs: Study
- The Health Benefits, and Risks, of Alcohol
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- FDA Approves Diet Drug Qsymia
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- FDA Bans BPA in Baby Bottles
- New York's Trans-Fat Ban Is Working: Study
- Get This Much Sleep for a Sharp Memory
- Police Work Takes Heavy Health Toll: Study
- Doping With Muscle-Building Drugs: FAQ
- Expensive, Drug-Emitting Stents May Be Overused: Study
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- New Devices Improve Diabetes Control
- U.S. Schools Throwing the Book at Unhealthy Drinks
- Post-Op Delirium's Toll on Mental Function May Linger: Study
- Half of Heart Patients Make Medication Errors
- Hot Flashes Don't Signal Poor Heart Health for Most Women: Study
- 40 Million Americans Addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol or Drugs
- Teens' Peer Problems May Affect Health Later
- Early Surgery May Benefit Some With Heart Infection
- 'Atkins'-Type Diets May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- All Calories Not Created Equal, Study Suggests
- Coffee in Moderation May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- Even Brief Ozone Exposure May Raise Fatal Heart Risk: Study
- Task Force to Doctors: Obesity Screening for All
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Weight Gain in Older Women
- Health Highlights: June 22, 2012
- FDA Rejects New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Metformin Outperforms Common Class of Diabetes Drugs in Study
- Some Diabetics May Not Benefit From Daily Aspirin
- Health Highlights: June 21, 2012
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Heart Risk 7 Years Later: Study
- Low Vitamin B6 Linked to Inflammation
- Kidney Disease May Be as Harmful to Heart as Heart Attack: Study
- Health of Americans a Mixed Bag: CDC Report
- High Blood Pressure a Rising Risk for Kids, Teens
- Loneliness Linked to Death, Disability
- EPA Proposes New Cuts on Levels of Soot in Air
- Liposuction: Why You Still Have to Work Out After It
- Liposuction Might Have 'Boomerang' Effect
- Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes Rising Among U.S. Kids and Teens
- First Stem Cell Vein Implant Helps Young Girl
- Fish Oil Won't Save Diabetics' Hearts, Research Suggests
- Does More Dental Plaque Mean Higher Chances of Dying From Cancer?
- Treating Prediabetes Might Prevent Full-Blown Disease
- More Progress Made on Artificial Pancreas for Diabetes Patients
- Young Cancer Survivors Often Face Long-Term Health Problems
- Many Suffer Leg, Lung Clots While Hospitalized: CDC
- 9 in 10 Blacks With High Blood Pressure Have Early Heart Disease
- Some Docs Would Order Cancer Screening for Very Sick Elderly
- Exercise Controls Weight in White Girls Better Than in Black Girls: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Heart Disease
- Low-Fiber Diet May Raise Teens' Risk for Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- Racial Gap in Life Expectancy Shrinking
- Runners May Live Longer
- Immune System Glitch Linked to Greater Risk of Death
- Will Dark Chocolate a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
- Chagas Disease FAQ
- Personalized Blood Pressure Therapy May Help Diabetics
- Obesity May Raise Odds for Painful Leg Condition
- Serious Exercise May Benefit Middle-Aged Arteries
- Could Bloodletting Ease Heart Risks for the Obese?
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- Strokes More Common in Southern States: CDC
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Calcium Supplements May Raise Heart Attack Risk
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- Death Rate Dropping for People With Diabetes
- Obese Teens Can Have Heart Damage Without Showing Signs
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Study Ties Secondhand Smoke to Bladder Irritation in Kids
- Overweight, Obese Teens Show Early Heart Risks
- FDA Approves Generic Versions of Plavix
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- Benefits of Widespread Statin Use Outweigh Risks: Study
- Raising HDL Levels May Not Lower Heart Attack Risk
- Z-Pak Heart Attack?
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Are Post-Angioplasty Stress Tests Unnecessary?
- Plavix's New Generic Status Could Be Boon for Patients
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- Eye Changes May Predict Heart Disease in Blacks With Diabetes
- A Little More Education, a Little Longer Life?
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Also Help Menstruation, Skin, Hair
- A Better Way to Assess Body Fat and Health Risk?
- Bypass Beats Angioplasty for People With Diabetes
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Angioplasty May Be Risky for Those With Poor Leg Circulation
- Pot Belly Boosts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: Study
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- Pregnancy After 40: Healthy Weight Improves Risk
- Having 'Type D' Personality May Hurt Your Health
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- Fat Future: 42% of Americans May Be Obese by 2030
- A Heart Disease Veteran at Just Age 12
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Fish, Flaxseed May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Study Finds Direct Link Between Obesity, Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes in Kids a Challenge to Control
- Secondhand Smoke Permeates Many Apartment Buildings: Study
- 30% of Workers Get Far Too Little Sleep
- Health Highlights: April 25, 2012
- Warnings on Cigarette Packs May Keep Ex-Smokers From Relapse
- Cholesterol Levels in the U.S. on the Decline
- Health Highlights: April 24, 2012
- Study Explores Fish Oil's Healthy Effect on Heart
- Nation's Air Improving, Even in L.A.
- Mental Stress May Be Harder on Women's Hearts
- Thyroid Condition Linked to Heart Problems: Study
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Diabetes Groups Issue New Guidelines on Blood Sugar
- Is There Proof Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease?
- More Smog Might Mean More Hospitalizations
- Role of Screening, Monitoring in Early Kidney Disease Unclear
- Are Biodegradable Heart Stents Safe?
- Fast Foods Saltier in U.S. Than Overseas?
- Spouses of Cancer Patients May Have Raised Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure May Be Especially Lethal for Blacks
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis
- Cholesterol Levels Vary Widely by Country: Study
- Omega-3 Supplements No Help Against Repeat Heart Trouble: Review
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Witnessing, Experiencing Traumatic Events May Worsen Heart Disease
- Reported Decline in U.S. Pneumonia Deaths May Be False: Study
- Half of Cancer Survivors Die From Other Conditions
- Health Tip: More Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Heavier Baby Girls at Higher Risk for Diabetes, Heart Woes as Adults
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- Health Highlights: March 27, 2012
- Heart Screenings Yield More False-Positives Among Black Athletes
- Community Hospitals Safe for Angioplasty: Study
- Moderate Drinking Helps Men After Heart Attack?
- CT Scans Can Spot Heart Trouble Fast
- Ob/Gyn Visit a Good Time to Screen for Heart Disease: Study
- Bypass Surgery May Be Better Than Angioplasty for Seniors
- Biologic Drug Lowers LDL Cholesterol
- Stem-Cell Trial Failed to Treat Heart Failure
- Showing Patients Images of Their Clogged Arteries a Powerful Wake-Up Call
- Could Soy Help Lower Your Blood Pressure?
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Bacteria From Mouth Can Lead to Heart Inflammation: Study
- U.S. Underestimates Long-Term Costs of Obesity, Experts Say
- Test May Spot Heart Attacks Before They Happen
- Less Heart Disease Among Women in Wealthier States: Study
- Could Statins Help Prevent Pneumonia?
- Common Cause of Dizziness May Spell Heart Trouble
- Psoriasis Patients May Face Higher Heart Risk
- Depression Tied to Earlier Death in Heart Patients
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- CDC Launches Graphic Anti-Smoking Ad Campaign
- Inflammation Might Play Role in Heart Disease: Study
- Having Small Babies May Raise Heart Risk in Moms
- 5 Dietary Patterns Most Americans Fit Into
- Married Heart Surgery Patients Live Longer
- U.S. Death Rates Drop 60% in 75 Years
- Can Less Red Meat Add up to a Longer Life?
- 1 Sugary Drink a Day May Raise Heart Risk
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Lost Hour of Sleep Over Weekend May Put Heart at Risk Monday
- Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Heart Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Depression Could Worsen Mental Decline in Heart Patients
- Sickle Cell Blood Test Might Predict Severity of Disease
- Cold Air May Raise Heart-Attack Risk During Exercise
- Taurine May Help Women's Hearts
- Wanted: Female Nurses for Large, Ongoing Study
- Kidney Donors May Not Face Higher Heart Disease Risk
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Stroke Risk Triples After a Decade With Diabetes
- Could a Statin Lower Your Risk for Depression?
- Trans Fats May Raise Stroke Risk in Older Women
- BPA Exposure May Raise Risk of Heart Disease
- Family Tree May Aid Treatment of Inherited Heart Disorders
- CDC Report: Kids Still Eat Too Much Added Sugar
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- Poor Lung Function Linked to Heart Failure in Study
- Hearing Loss Triples Risk of Falling: Study
- Stents Overused in Stable Heart Patients
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help Brain Age Better
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Desk Jockeys Urged to Take Small Steps to Get Exercise
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Study Links 'Body Clock' to Sudden Cardiac Death
- More Kidney Dialysis Is Better, Research Finds
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Weight Loss Pill Qnexa
- Medtronic Stent Approved to Treat Coronary Artery Disease
- More Doubt on Link Between a Blood Chemical and Heart Disease
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Gene Might Boost Risk for Obesity
- Pregnancy Complications May Predict Heart Trouble Later
- FDA Weighs Fate of Qnexa for Weight Loss, Again
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- A Common Organic Sweetener May Boost Arsenic Levels in Foods
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Quit-Smoking Drug May Also Curb Drinking
- Health Highlights: Feb. 14, 2012
- Study: Even Some Vigorous Activity Boosts Kids' Heart Health
- Even a Little Air Pollution Raises Heart Attack Risk
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- No Cancer Benefit From Vitamin B, Omega-3 Supplements in Heart Patients
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Whitney Houston's Death Raises Addiction Questions
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- Heart Disease May Be Risk Factor for Prostate Cancer
- Big Drop in Americans' Blood Levels of Trans Fats, CDC Says
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Some Men May Inherit a Higher Risk of Heart Disease From Dad
- Quitting Smoking May Halve Risk of Oral Health Problems
- Bread and Other Common Foods Top List of Sodium Culprits
- Metformin Preferred Drug for Type 2 Diabetes, Experts Say
- Even for the Overweight, Exercise Helps the Heart
- Many Stroke Victims Still Don't Get Treated Fast Enough: Study
- Hard Drug Use in Middle Age Could Prove Fatal, Study Finds
- Purple Potatoes Lower Blood Pressure in Overweight People
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- Scientists May Be Closer to Developing 'Red Wine' Drug
- New Heart Failure Risks: Fractures and Memory Problems
- Study Finds Link Between Heart Failure, Brain Changes
- Statins Equally Effective in Women and Men
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke May Be Underestimated
- CT Scan Dye Containing Iodine May Affect Thyroid
- Kids' Snacks Can Be Healthy and Inexpensive
- Fried Food and No Heart Disease?
- Drinking Black Tea May Lower Blood Pressure
- Natural Trans Fats Less Unhealthy Than Manmade Variety
- Magnesium-Rich Foods May Lower Stroke Risk
- Avoid Getting Scorched by 'Hot Yoga'
- Sex OK for Many Heart Patients, Docs Say
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Do Grapes or Alcohol Make Red Wine Good for the Heart?
- Americans Aren't Getting Any Skinnier
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Aspirin Therapy for Heart Disease, Stroke Prevention Not for Everyone
- CDC: Americans Living Longer as Death Rate Drops
- Cardiac Arrest Risk Low in Marathons, Study Finds
- Too Much Vitamin D Could Be Harmful to Heart
- One in Six Americans Binge Drink: CDC
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Car, TV Ownership Tied to Higher Risk for Heart Attack
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- New Blood Thinner Linked To Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Mindfulness Key to Losing Weight While Eating Out
- Statins May Raise Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Why Some People Live to 110
- Heart Failure, Diabetes Might Be Linked by Protein
- Could Daily Aspirin Harm Seniors' Eyes?
- Report Looks at Best Diets, Easiest to Follow
- Weight Loss Surgery May Prevent Heart-Related Deaths
- The Mainstreaming of Vegan Diets
- Breast Cancer Radiation Linked to Raised Heart Risk
- Sensitive Blood Test Rules Out Heart Attack
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- Are the Benefits of Vitamin D Overhyped?
- Midlife Blood Pressure Predicts Future Heart Risk
- Dentists Could Fill Gap in Health Care, Study Says
- Life After Cigarettes Is Happier: Study
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Electronic Cigarette Makers Must Prove Safety of Products: Report
- Apnea Treatment Might Reduce Signs of Heart Disease Risk
- Study Finds Fewer Blood Transfusions Needed After Hip Surgeries
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- ADHD Drugs Not Linked to Increased Heart Risk in Adults
- Treating Prehypertension With Medication May Lower Stroke Risk
- Some Fish Oil Supplements Fishy on Quality
- America's Health Report Card: Needs Improvement
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Want to Live Longer? Fit Outweighs Fat
- Colon Cancer Prognosis Worse for the Obese, Type 2 Diabetics
- Diet Loaded With Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains May Cut Stroke Risk
- Generic Lipitor FAQ
- Childbirth May Cut Women's Heart Disease Risk
- All Beans Aren't the Same in Gassy Side Effects
- 19 Million New STD Infections Reported Annually, CDC Says
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Obese Kids Who Lose Weight May Cut Heart Risk, Too
- Getting Your Teeth Cleaned May Help Your Heart
- Taking Many Medications May Raise Risk of ED
- Women More Prone to 'Broken Heart' Syndrome: Study
- Foods With Vitamin C May Help Heart Failure Patients
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- New Research Calls Salt Guidelines Into Question
- New Guidelines on Frequent Cause of Sudden Death in Athletes
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Light Drinking Over Time May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- ADHD Drugs Likely Do Not Boost Heart Risk
- U.S. Sets New Goals for a Healthier Nation
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Health Highlights: Oct. 26, 2011
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- FDA: Chantix Benefits Still Outweigh the Risks
- CDC: Most Americans Eat Too Much Salt
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Keep Falling: CDC
- Could Discrimination Help Trigger Illness in Blacks?
- Diet May Cut Heart Risk Due to 'Bad' Genes
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Can Supplements Increase a Woman's Risk of Dying?
- Chocolate May Cut Women's Stroke Risk
- Is Female Hormone Disorder Tied to Familial Heart Risk?
- FDA Approves First Combo Drug for Diabetes, Cholesterol
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Children's Chest Pain Rarely Cause for Alarm: Study
- Americans Living Longer, Healthier Lives
- Gauging General Health as 'Poor' May Point to Dementia Risk
- Pale People at Risk for Vitamin D Deficiency
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Does Beetroot Improve a Runner's Time?
- Drink Coffee, Stay Happy?
- Scientists ID More Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Hot Flashes Linked to Higher Cholesterol
- Heart-Healthy Pasta? 'Super Spaghetti' Just Might Be
- Apples, Pears May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Testosterone May Drop When Men Become Dads
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Drink a Day Keeps Disease Away?
- Improving Lifestyle Reduces Diabetes Risk
- Strokes Rising Among Teens, Young Adults: CDC
- Smoking May Raise Disease Risk by Increasing Hormones
- Anger, Stress May Provoke Heart Attacks
- Being Heavier May Mean Fewer Hot Flashes for Women Over 60
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Home Monitoring of Heart Device May Be Safe
- New Drug Boosts 'Good' Cholesterol
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- 4 Keys to a Long Life
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Fat Around Heart May Be Linked to Clogged Arteries
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- 15 Minutes of Exercise Every Day Reduces Risk of Death
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Breathing Problems During Sleep Linked to Memory Problems
- Exercise a 'Wonder Drug' for Cancer Survival
- Survey: Americans Aware of Functional Foods, Don't Eat Them Enough
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- Little Exercise Beats None
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Heart Disease Prevention Saves Lives and Money
- Not All Belly Fat Is Bad for the Heart
- State Obesity Rates Are on the Rise
- Mom Has Alzheimer's? Your Risk May Be High
- Baby Aspirin May Help Memory, Thinking Skills
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- High-Sodium, Low-Potassium Diet Linked to Heart Risk
- Size Counts When It Comes to Sex
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Drinking Water May Cut Risk of High Blood Sugar
- Thin Gene Raises Heart Risks
- Weight Loss Surgery May Cut Inflammation, Disease Risk
- Weight Loss Surgery Fights Diabetes in Multiple Ways
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- FDA: Chantix Linked to Heart Attack in People With Heart Disease
- Little Insects, Big Allergic Reactions
- Excess TV Time Linked to Early Death
- Insect Stings Hold Deadly Risk for Some
- Lung Protein May Predict Heart Risk
- Underused Treatments Could Save Lives From Heart Failure
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- Mental Illness Linked to Greater Risk of Death After Heart Attack
- Trial Stopped After Niacin Brings No Benefit to Heart Patients
- Experts Say Stroke Care Differs for U.S. Minorities
- Baked or Broiled Fish May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- Decade's Top 10 Public Health Achievements
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Many Heart Patients Aren't Taking Needed Drugs
- Jenny Craig Nabs ‘Best Diet' Ranking
- New Clues on Caffeine's Health Benefits
- Many in U.S. No Longer Worry About Weight
- Prostate Cancer: Early Surgery or Watchful Waiting?
- Study Shows Salty Diet Good, Heart Group Disagrees
- Study: Fat May Return After Liposuction
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- Heart Attacks in the Morning Are More Severe
- Group Doctor Visits May Help Parkinson's Patients
- Tai Chi Benefits Heart Patients
- Wine, Salt, and Your Heart: Confusion Abounds
- Study: Ovary Removal Doesn't Raise Heart Risk
- CDC: More States Need to Go 'Smoke-Free'
- Too Much TV May Raise Kids' Future Heart Risk
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Use of Dietary Supplements on the Rise
- Apples Good for Your Heart
- Vegetarians May Need to Boost Omega-3s, B-12
- People With Signs of Parkinson's Wait to See Doctor
- Estrogen-Only HRT Not So Risky in 50s
- Periodic Fasting May Cut Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Eating Fresh Foods May Cut Exposure to BPA
- Walnut May Be Top Nut for Heart Health
- Cocoa Rich in Health Benefits
- Unhealthy Diet Raises Heart Risk of Obese Teens
- New Insight on Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- Collaborative Care for Depression Has Heart Benefit
- Toenail Nicotine Test May Predict Lung Cancer
- U.S. Breast Cancer Rates No Longer Declining
- Heart Risk Tied to Memory Problems
- Moderate Alcohol Drinking May Boost Heart Health
- Americans Worry About Getting Alzheimer's
- Nitroglycerin May Increase Bone Density
- Do You Know When NOT to Call 911?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- Less Cholesterol in Eggs, USDA Says
- Many in U.S. Get Unneeded Heart Screening Tests
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- Eating Trans Fats Linked to Depression
- CDC: 26 Million Americans Have Diabetes
- Heart Benefits for Women Who Cut Hypertension
- Strawberries, Blueberries May Ward Off High Blood Pressure
- 5-a-Day ‘Not Enough' Fruits and Vegetables
- Flu Is Widespread in 11 States
- 2 Genes May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- Healthy Hearts in Mediterranean Lands? Maybe Not
- Risks of Thirdhand Cigarette Smoke Can Linger
- Sitting for Too Long Is Bad for Your Health
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Mediterranean Diet May Keep Aging Mind Sharp
- Splitting Pills May Have Risks
- Team Treatment Helps Depression, Chronic Disease
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link?
- Many Adults Report Troubled Childhood Experiences
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Experts: Exercise Crucial for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Aromatase Inhibitors May Raise Heart Risks
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Older Antidepressants Linked to Heart Risk
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Bad Economy, Bad Health?
- E. coli Linked to Heart, Kidney Disease
- Low Grades in U.S. for Eating Fruits and Veggies
- Low Testosterone Raises Heart Death Risk
- Proposed Nutrition Labels May Exclude Sugar
- New Genes Linked to Obesity, Belly Fat
- Walnuts Reduce Stress
- CDC: Binge Drinking 'Huge U.S. Health Problem'
- Vitamin D May Improve Asthma Control
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Cut RA Risk
- Heart Disease Risk Varies by Education Level
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Weight Loss Pill Meridia Raises Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Black Rice Is Cheap Way to Get Antioxidants
- Study: BPA Linked to Higher Testosterone Levels
- Migraines With Aura May Raise Stroke Risk
- Green Leafy Veggies May Cut Diabetes Risk
- Chocolate May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Eat Less Red Meat, Cut Heart Attack Risk
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Colder Weather May Trigger Heart Attacks
- Big Waist Increases Death Risk
- Risky Combo: Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Forms
- Resveratrol May Slow Aging in Humans
- Genomic Mapping Finds Cholesterol Genes
- Low-Carb Diets Improve Cholesterol Long Term
- Low Blood Flow Ages Brain Faster
- Study: Calcium May Increase Heart Attack Risk
- Sit More, Die Sooner
- AIDS Patients Cite Stigma, Depression
- Cholesterol Study: Low HDL May Not Be So Bad
- Stroke Risk Higher in Hour After 'Happy Hour'
- Diet Drug Lorcaserin Safe, Effective, Study Finds
- New Insurance Rules: Free Preventive Health Care
- Vitamins D and E May Affect Dementia Risk
- Personalized Strategy Is Best for Heart Health
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes: How Low Should You Go?
- 90% in U.S. Get Too Much Salt; 5 Foods Blamed
- High Testosterone May Raise Heart Disease Risk
- Tea, Coffee Drinkers Have Lower Heart Risk
- No Proof Healthy Lifestyle Prevents Alzheimer's
- Heart Attacks Down Sharply, Study Finds
- Short People May Have Increased Heart Risk
- Walk Your Dog to Unleash Better Health
- Best Children's Hospitals Ranked
- Exercise May Boost Men's Sexual Prowess
- New Aspirin Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Hurts Child's Heart
- Brushing Teeth May Keep Away Heart Disease
- Food Manufacturers Trimming the Trans Fat
- High Blood Pressure Prevalent, but Better Controlled
- Cut Back on Sodas to Lower Blood Pressure
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- Too Much Belly Fat Linked to Dementia
- Processed Meat Linked to Heart, Diabetes Risks
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- Eating Nuts Daily Lowers Cholesterol
- Hookahs Safer Than Cigarettes? A Pipe Dream
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- People With Fibromyalgia Prone to Falls
- Workplace Stress Raises Heart Risk for Women
- Prehypertension, Prediabetes Predict Heart Risk
- Calcium in Arteries May Predict Heart Risk
- Many in U.S. Have at Least 1 Heart Risk Factor
- Higher Vitamin D, Better Golden Years?
- Tobacco Control Programs Cut Smoking Rates
- Fate of New Migraine Drug Is Uncertain
- Experts Urge FDA to Mandate Salt Reduction
- Brain-Training Games Won't Boost Your IQ
- Formula Predicts Alzheimer's Longevity
- Baby Boomers May Outlive Their Kids
- Should Healthy People Take Statins?
- Nibble on Chocolate for a Healthier Heart
- Supplement May Give Older Athletes an Edge
- Moderate Drinking May Help the Heart
- Women More Likely to Die After Heart Attack
- ED, Heart Disease May Be Deadly Duo
- New Plavix Warning: Lack of Effect in Many People
- Cardiac Catheterizations: Too Many Performed?
- A1c Test Identifies Diabetes, Heart Risk
- Heart Warning Signs in Obese 3-Year-Olds
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- BPA Not Linked to Ill Effects in 2 Studies
- Anticancer Effects of Aspirin: FAQ
- Life Expectancy Up, but So Is Poor Health
- Statins May Be Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Study: Happiness Good for the Heart
- New Way to Predict Women's Heart Risk
- Bill Clinton Has Coronary Artery Procedure
- Many Women Misinformed About Heart Disease
- Migraines Linked to Heart Attack Risk
- Gastric Banding Surgery Works for Teens
- 7 Potential Complications of Untreated Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Coffee and Your Health
- Bronchitis Symptoms
- Cholesterol Facts
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- The Truth About Vitamin D
- Pitavastatin (Livalo) Statin Drug Information
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- 10 Everyday Super Foods
- Links Between Oral and General Health