Patient Comments: Heart Attack Pathology - How Many?

How many heart attacks have you or a loved one had? How far apart were they? Please share your experiences. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: VIC II, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I had 4 heart attacks in 3 1/2 hours on Monday, January 26, 2004. I was told I had blockages of 70% in one artery, 80% in another and 90% in another. I was told that there was an artery behind the heart that they would not know about until the operation. Stents were not an option, I had to have the operation the next morning. I had a quadruple heart bypass. I saw my heart doctor who did my operation before I was released to go back to work 6 weeks after the operation. He said as the blood reached the affected parts of heart after the bypass, he said the color of those heart areas went from brown to red! I feel happy to be here almost 10 years after my operation to tell my story.

View the Heart Disease Slideshow