Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management. Symptoms of heart attack in men and women include chest discomfort and pain in the shoulder, neck, jaw, stomach, or back. Women experience the same symptoms as men; however, they also may experience:Read more: Heart Attack Prevention Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
High cholesterol can be a dangerous condition. Take the Cholesterol Quiz to understand what high cholesterol means in terms of...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Picture of Heart Catheter
Catheter procedures are much easier than surgery on patients because they involve only a needle puncture in the skin where the...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Fat-Burning Foods in Pictures: Blueberries, Green Tea, and More
Learn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
Sugar Addiction Facts: Cravings, Hidden Sugar, and More in Pictures
Learn about sugar addiction to see why we often crave sweets and binge on carbs. Learn how sugar affects the brain and get tips...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
High-Fiber Super Foods: Whole Grains, Fruits, & More
Learn about high-fiber foods. From fresh fruits to whole grains, these fiber-rich foods can lower cholesterol, prevent...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
Healthy Living: 20 Common Health Myths Exposed
Can vitamin C cure colds? Read as we dispel the half-truths and common myths of health, from X-rays to eggs, from the...
Worst-Appetizer Pictures: Spinach Dip, Potato Skins, and More
A tasty appetizer can be a great start to any meal--but some appetizers are diet disasters. Potato skins and cheese fries pack on...
Snacks With 100 Calories or Less
Reducing calories is an effective weight loss strategy. Here are 25 100-calorie snacks that offer quick, satisfying solutions to...
Healthy Seeds: 11 Edible Super Seeds for Better Nutrition
Are pumpkin seeds good for your health? What's the nutritional value of chia seeds? Find out how to easily incorporate more...
The Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
10 Tips for a Healthier Fast Food Diet
Losing weight is tough on the road. Fast food can't compare to the health of a well-planned, balanced diet. But if you must eat...
Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Portion control can help with weight loss and help you stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will...
Easy, Tasty Grilled Foods for Dinner Tonight in Pictures
Explore easy and tasty grilled foods. When your rushed to get dinner on the table, fire up the grill and use these delicious,...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
Healthy Eating: 16 Resolutions for Better Habits
Is eating better one of your New Year's resolutions? Get tips for healthier eating habits to incorporate into daily life...
Game Day Party: Healthy Recipes & Drinks for Sports Season
Learn how to make game day healthy with these recipes and tips. Explore healthy game day appetizers, snacks, and more....
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
Food Swaps for Meals and Snacks for Heart Health in Pictures
Explore 10 food swaps for heart-wise dining. Learn what food to buy and how to cook in order to make a big difference for your...
Related Disease Conditions
Keratosis pilaris (KP) is a common skin disorder in which small white or red bumps appear around hair follicles on the upper...
Hiccups (Causes, Cures, Remedies, and Medicine)
Hiccups are a sudden, involuntary contraction of the diaphragm muscle. In general hiccups are just a temporary condition. Some of...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Boils (Skin Abscesses)
A boil is a skin abscess, a collection of pus localized deep in the skin. There are several different types of boils. Among them...
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs in Women and Men
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...
Molluscum contagiosum is a skin disease that causes pink painless bumps on the skin. It typically resolves in six to 12 months....
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Brain aneurysm (cerebral aneurysm) is caused by microscopic damage to artery walls, infections of the artery walls, tumors,...
Cysts are sac-like structures that may be filled with gas, liquid, or solid materials. Cysts may produce symptoms and signs...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
A keloid is a scar that doesn't know when to stop. When the cells keep on reproducing, the result is an overgrown (hypertrophic)...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids. Acne rosacea, Staphylococcal bacteria, allergies, sensitivities to makeup or contact...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Ingrown hairs may be caused by improper shaving, waxing, or blockage of the hair follicle. Symptoms and signs of ingrown hairs...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes symptoms in women include vaginal itching, pain, or discharge, loss if interest or pain after having sex, polycystic...
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), also known by the name Stein-Leventhal syndrome, is a hormonal problem that causes women to...
Heart Murmur in Newborns, Children, and Adults
A heart murmur is a heart problem that can occur, for example, during pregnancy or exercise, or it can be a symptom of serious...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Carotid Artery Disease
The term carotid artery disease refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries and can also be called carotid stenosis. Fatty...
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Enjoying a healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. A good diet also helps to: control celiac disease, control diabetes,...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
SAPHO syndrome is a chronic disorder that involves the skin, bone, and joints. SAPHO syndrome is an eponym for the combination of...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an illness where a person is overly preoccupied with some minor or imaginary flaw. People with...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
High Cholesterol: Frequently Asked Questions
Cholesterol occurs naturally in the body. High blood cholesterol levels increase a person's risk of developing heart disease,...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Heart Disease Treatment in Women
Heart disease treatment in women should take into account female-specific guidelines that were developed by the American Heart...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Local ResourcesFind a local Cardiologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Cortisone Injection
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Exercise Stress Test
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Coronary Angiogram
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- Cholesterol Test
- Heart CT Scan
- Heart Disease FAQs
- High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia) FAQs
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- Trans Fats Banned in NYC
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Being Overweight Doesn't Mean You're Unhealthy!
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- Beta Carotene Supplements Not the Answer for Cancer or Heart Disease
- Heart Attacks caused by Infections?
- Cancer,Stroke & Heart Attack Risks- ReducedThrough Walking
- Statins - - Doing More Than Lowering Your Cholesterol?
- Ramipril, Heart Disease, Stroke & Diabetes
- Cholesterol: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Cholesterol - Mr. D.T.'s Story of Hope
- Heart Disease Stroke and Diabetes
- Diabetes - An Aspirin A Day
- How Does A Doctor Critically Review A Healthcare Product?
- Heart Disease - Lessons Learned From Pitcher's Early Death
- Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Fats, Fish Oil and Omega-3-Fatty Acids
- Stents Make Big Splash
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- Cholesterol Guidelines
- Clinton Headed to Heart Surgery
- Farm-Raised Salmon Now Safe?
- Heart Disease: Antioxidant Supplements and Women
- Heart Disease Risk and C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Hormone Therapy and and Heart Disease in Women
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Evaluating Treatments and Supplements
- Ibuprofen May Block Aspirin's Heart Benefits
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- Disease Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Annual Physical Exam
- Heart Bypass Surgery -Audio Medical Podcast
Medications & Supplements
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- amoxicillin (Amoxil, Moxatag, Larotid)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Nitrates (Medication)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
- rosuvastatin, Crestor
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- Fibrates (Fibric Acid)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- telmisartan, Micardis
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- ramipril (Altace)
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- captopril (Capoten)
- erythromycin (Ery-Tab, PCE)
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- dopamine (Intropin)
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- colestipol (Colestid)
- cholestyramine (Questran)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- felodipine (Plendil)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- lithium, Lithobid
- gemfibrozil, Lopid
- enalapril (Vasotec, Epaned)
- trandolapril, Mavik
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- lovastatin, Mevacor, Altoprev
- niacin (Niacor, Niaspan)
- topical clindamycin (Cleocin T, Clindagel, ClindaDerm, Clindets, Evoclin)
- isotretinoin (Accutane, Claravis, Amnesteem, Absorica, Zenatane)
- quinapril, Accupril
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Zestoretic, Prinzide
- ezetimibe and simvastatin, Vytorin
- dipyridamole - oral, Persantine
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters (Lovaza)
- pravastatin, Pravigard PAC (discontinued)
- minocycline (Dynacin, Minocin)
- colesevelam, Welchol
- fluvastatin, Lescol, Lescol XL
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide, Lotensin HCT
- niacin and lovastatin, Advicor
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, Vaseretic
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Capozide
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- bepridil (Vascor, Bepadin - Discontinued)
- cerivastatin, Baycol
Prevention & Wellness
- Stay Away From Sugary Sodas, Spare Your Heart
- Your Apple Watch Might Help Spot a Dangerous Irregular Heartbeat
- Heart-Breaking News for Egg Lovers
- Heart Attacks Fall By One-Third Among Older Americans
- Even Housework, Gardening Can Help an Older Woman's Heart
- Docs Back Away From Low-Dose Aspirin for Heart Attack Prevention
- Bystanders Key to Cutting Cardiac Arrest Deaths
- Does Your Family Eat Out a Lot? Watch Your Blood Pressure
- Even a Drink a Day Might Raise Your Blood Pressure
- An Afternoon Nap May Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Heart Attacks Striking More Young Adults
- Recipe for a Healthy Heart: Big Breakfasts, Less TV
- AHA News: A Home Near 'Green Space' Could Cut Heart Attack Risk
- AHA News: Is Long-Distance Running Good for the Heart?
- AHA News: Living Near Convenience Stores Could Raise Risk of Artery-Clogging Condition
- Food or Heart Meds? Many Americans Must Make a Choice
- Blood Thinning Drug May Be Safer Option Against Recurrent Stroke
- Rethinking Blood Pressure Readings
- Vaping Tied to Rise in Stroke, Heart Attack Risk
- 'Extreme' Exercise No Danger to Middle-Aged Hearts: Study
- Will Healthy Seniors Benefit From Daily Aspirin?
- Heart-Healthy Living Also Wards Off Type 2 Diabetes
- Cholesterol Levels Spike After Christmas
- How the Mediterranean Diet Can Help Women's Hearts
- FDA Warns of Rare Stroke Risk With MS Drug
- More Green Space May Mean a Healthier Heart
- Few Americans Have Optimal 'Metabolic Health'
- Marathons Can Tax Amateurs' Hearts
- Healthy Lifestyle Makes for a Healthy Heart During Menopause
- Saunas Seem to Do a Heart Good, Research Shows
- Just a Little Weightlifting Can Help Your Heart
- Workplace Bullies Can Threaten the Heart
- Fish, Fish Oil May Lower Your Heart Attack Risk
- E-Alerts Dramatically Cut Heart Attack Rate for People Hospitalized With A-Fib
- Noisy Neighborhood? Your Heart May Pay a Price
- Vaccine to Stop Recurrent Strokes Shows Promise in Mice
- Cold, Windy Days Can Strain the Heart
- Obesity Surgery May Cut Heart Attack Risk in Diabetics
- Diabetes Drug Might Help Shield the Heart From Smog's Ill Effects
- 'Yo-Yo' Cardio Readings May Signal Heart Risks
- Will a Defibrillator 'Vest' Protect Recent Heart Attack Patients?
- Fish Oil Pill Cuts Heart Dangers for High-Risk Patients
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- Health Tip: A Nutritious Diet Can Help Your Heart
- FDA Finds Another Carcinogen in Certain Valsartan Heart Meds
- New Device Approved for Tears in Heart's Blood Vessels
- Is Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Really Worth It for Seniors?
- To Help Beat Heart Disease, Stay Upbeat
- Even High-Fat Dairy Might Be Good for You
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Online History Gives Clues to Heart Ills
- 'Million Hearts' Project Aims to Prevent 1 Million Cardiac Crises
- Walking, Exercise Both Linked to Lower Heart Failure in Older Women
- Health Tip: Maintain a Healthy Heart While on Dialysis
- Why So Many Firefighters Die From Cardiac Arrest
- Even at Low Levels, Toxic Metals Put Heart at Serious Risk: Study
- Aspirin, Fish Oil May Not Prevent Heart Trouble in Those Already at Risk
- Could Too Much 'Good' HDL Cholesterol Be Bad for Your Heart?
- Take a Vacation, Your Heart Will Thank You
- More Evidence Ties Stress to Heart Trouble
- For a Healthier Heart, Stick to 6 to 8 Hours of Sleep
- Daily Vaping Tied to Doubling of Heart Attack Risk
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Help the Heart, But Only If You Stick With It: Study
- Better Blood Test May Spot Heart Attack Faster
- Scuba Diving May Be Risky for Older Hearts
- Tap Into the Health Powers of Garlic
- Treating Depression May Prevent Repeat Heart Attack
- What Foods Are Really Best for Your Heart?
- 3 of 4 Black Americans Have High Blood Pressure by 55
- Fit at Midlife May Mean Healthier Brain, Stronger Heart Later
- NIH Cancels Large Alcohol/Heart Health Study
- Mediterranean Diet Scores Again for Heart Health
- Health Tip: Eat Fish Twice Weekly
- This Is When You're Most Likely to Die From a Heart Attack
- Tips for Handling a Medical Emergency
- Too Much Meat, Dairy Tied to Heart Failure Risk
- Supplements Won't Help Prevent Heart Disease: Study
- Commuters: Pedal Your Way to Better Heart Health
- How Exercise Helps Your Heart
- Lifelong Exercise Can Guard Heart Health
- When Temperatures Fall, Heart Attack Risk May Rise
- Obesity Might Raise Your Risk for A-fib
- Add Heart Check to Annual Ob-Gyn Visit, Experts Say
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- Keep Eating Veggies (and Fruits) for Better Health
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Falling, But Gains Vary by State
- Another Wildfire Danger: Heart Attacks
- Exercise Cuts Heart Risks, Regardless of Your Genes
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women's Hearts
- Key Heart Risks Decline for Older Americans
- Cardiac Defects in Baby Tied to Later Heart Trouble in Moms
- Immigrants Have Healthier Hearts Than Native-Born Americans
- Most With Very High Cholesterol Missing Out on Right Meds
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Depression Could Be a Risk Factor for A-Fib: Study
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- NIH Investigating Alcohol Companies' Funding of Study
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Booze Boosts Your Heart Rate
- Health Tip: Suggestions to Improve Your Cholesterol
- Health Tip: Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Defibrillator-in-a-Vest May Help Heart Attack Survivors
- No 'Obesity Paradox'? The Overweight May Not Live Longer
- Daily Aspirin Can Bring Heart Benefits, But Risks Too
- Optimism Might Help You Handle Angina
- FDA Warns Heart Patients About Antibiotic Clarithromycin
- Bystander Use of Defib Device Doubles Chances of Surviving Cardiac Arrest
- Too Much TV Could Boost Your Odds for a Blood Clot
- Exercisers May Have Better Shot of Surviving Heart Attack
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- 'Business Diet' a Bad Deal for the Heart
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Even Your Heart May Benefit From Extra Education
- Widely Used Antibiotics May Raise Heart Risks, Review Finds
- Doctors Who Order More Tests Sued Less Often
- Half of Heart Patients Make Medication Errors
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- Grief May Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Some Fish Oil Supplements Fishy on Quality
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Childbirth May Cut Women's Heart Disease Risk
- Most Drug-Related Hospitalizations Due to Handful of Drugs
- Heart Attacks in the Morning Are More Severe
- Low Health Literacy May Have Deadly Consequences
- Procedure May Lower Hard-to-Treat Hypertension
- For Multiple Heart Blockages, Bypass Surgery or Stents?
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Stroke Takes a Toll on Hollywood Stars
- Football Losses Raise Heart Attack Risk
- New Debate on C-Reactive Protein Test and Statins
- Heart Benefits for Women Who Cut Hypertension
- Snow Shoveling Injures Thousands Each Year
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Many With Heart Attack Symptoms Delay Care
- Smoking Raises Surgery Risks
- Mammograms Less Effective Than Believed
- FDA Panel Is Split on Ban of Diet Drug Meridia
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Weight Loss Pill Meridia Raises Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Migraines With Aura May Raise Stroke Risk
- Low Blood Flow Ages Brain Faster
- Study: Calcium May Increase Heart Attack Risk
- Cholesterol Study: Low HDL May Not Be So Bad
- Personalized Strategy Is Best for Heart Health
- Heart Attacks Down Sharply, Study Finds
- Short People May Have Increased Heart Risk
- Cut Back on Sodas to Lower Blood Pressure
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Drug Reverses Diabetes-Related Vision Loss
- Small Study Shows Lipodissolve Works
- Calcium in Arteries May Predict Heart Risk
- Experts Urge FDA to Mandate Salt Reduction
- Cost Concerns Delay Heart Attack Care
- Cancer Linked to Other Chronic Illnesses
- Nibble on Chocolate for a Healthier Heart
- Women More Likely to Die After Heart Attack
- Preventing Recurrent Strokes Needs Improvement
- Migraines Linked to Heart Attack Risk
- DASH Diet (for High Blood Pressure)
- Mediterranean Diet
- Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional Supplements
- Senior Health (Successful Aging)
- Red Yeast Rice and Cholesterol
- Tai Chi
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diet
- Stress Management
- Disease Prevention & Awareness
- Eating Out & Entertaining
- Special Diets & Recipes
- Cholesterol Facts
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- TLC Diet Daily Food Guide
- Pitavastatin (Livalo) Statin Drug Information
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- Mediterranean Diet Benefits
- Heart Health and Nutrition
- Aspirin Therapy
- Aspirin FAQ
- Calcium Supplements: What To Look For
- Trans Fats...The Deadly Fat
- High Blood Pressure Quiz
- Diet: Low Fat Diets
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Automatic External Defibrillators Recalled
- The Ornish Diet
- Nutrition: 7 Solutions to Lighten Your Favorite Recipes
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- Trans Fat Now On labels
- Cypher Coronary Stent Alert
- Palm Test For Skin Cholesterol
- Counterfeit Lipitor Beware
- Women With Diabetes Greater Risk of Heart Disease
- FTC Charges Seasilver with Making False and Deceptive Claims
- Physical Activity and Heart Disease Quiz
- Lower Your Cholesterol - Get Physical!
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- CHD Risk Estimated?
- Cholesterol Quiz - How to Lower Levels
- Heart Healthy Guidelines
- 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- New Dietary Guidelines Announced by HHS
- Stents Save Coronaries, Not Lives
- Olive Oil Gets FDA Green Light
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Whole Body Scanning, Do You Really Need One?
- Top 10 Health Threats to Men
- Laxity in Diabetic Care in the US
- Heart: New Test to Predict Heart Disease
- Trans Fats Added To Nutrition Labels
- Cholesterol, How Much Do You Know?
- Fast Food Salads High in Fat
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide: Meats
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide: Eggs
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide: Fats and Oils
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide: Fruits and Veggies
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide: Breads
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol - Daily Food Guide:Sweets and Snacks
- High Cholesterol Risk Factors
- Depression Can Break Your Heart
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs
- Six Guidelines To Healthy Eating
- Nutrition - The Low-Down On Food Label Claims!
- Nutrition Savvy Quiz
- Cholesterol and Saturated Fats
- Healthy Eating Tips For Reducing Fat In Your Diet