A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack can cause chest pain, heart failure, and electrical instability of the heart.Read more: Heart Attack Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Picture of Cholesterol
Cholesterol carried in particles of low density (LDL cholesterol) is referred to as the "bad" cholesterol because elevated levels...
Picture of Blood Clot
Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Afib Treatment
Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm. Atrial fibrillation or AF can lead to serious heart...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
25 Effects of Smoking on Your Looks and Life
What are the effects of smoking tobacco? Besides and increased risk of smoking related diseases, smoking can affect your looks...
Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart Medication
When diet and exercise aren't enough, should you turn to drugs? Learn cholesterol basics, drug classes, and available drugs along...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
One of the best ways to improve your health is to quit smoking. These practical tips to help you quit smoking have been shown to...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib): Tips for Living with Atrial Fibrillation
What is atrial fibrillation? Learn how to making living with atrial fibrillation (AFib) easier. Explore tips that can help you...
Related Disease Conditions
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Gallbladder Pain (Gall Bladder Pain)
Gallbladder pain (often misspelled "gall bladder") is generally produced by of five problems, biliary colic, cholecystitis,...
12 Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Readings, and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Nausea and vomiting after eating are symptoms that may be caused by many conditions. Antiemetics are drugs that help get rid of...
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
An arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. With an arrhythmia, the heartbeats may be irregular or too slow (bradycardia), to...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Medical shock is a life-threatening medical condition. There are several types of medical shock, including: septic shock,...
Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot in the Lung)
A pulmonary embolism (PE) occurs when a piece of a blood clot from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) breaks off and travels to an artery...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar) Symptoms, Levels, Diet and Causes
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes is a disease where your body does not make enough insulin or does not use insulin correctly, and you blood sugar...
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
Fabry Disease (Symptoms and Life Expectancy)
Fabry disease (Fabry's disease, alpha-galactosidase-A) is a genetic disorder with symptoms such as burning sensations in...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Scalp Psoriasis (Psoriasis of the Scalp)
Scalp psoriasis causes red, raised, scaly patches that may extend from the scalp to the forehead and the back of the neck and...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Carotid Artery Disease
The term carotid artery disease refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries and can also be called carotid stenosis. Fatty...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Heart Murmur in Newborns, Children, and Adults
A heart murmur is a heart problem that can occur, for example, during pregnancy or exercise, or it can be a symptom of serious...
Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Hypertensive Kidney Disease
High blood pressure can damage the kidneys and is one of the leading causes of kidney failure (end-stage renal kidney disease)....
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome is muscle pain in the body's soft tissues due to injury or strain. Symptoms include muscle pain with...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep....
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Drowning (Dry, Wet, Near)
Drowning is a common cause of death and disability worldwide. In the US, it is the third most common cause of accidental death....
Smoker's Lung: Pathology Photo Essay
Smoker's lung photo essay is a collection of pictures and microscopic slides of lung disease caused by cigarette smoking....
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Pleurisy or pleuritis is an inflammation of the lining around the lungs. Some of the causes of pleurisy include TB, the flu,...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
In the United States diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose...
Women's health is an important topic area to guide a woman through the stages of her life, as well as knowing the conditions and...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
Enjoying a healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. A good diet also helps to: control celiac disease, control diabetes,...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Alpha thalassemia is a disorder in which the alpha globin protein is underproduced. There are two pairs of genes that carry the...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle and can be caused by a variety of infections, conditions, and viruses....
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
High Cholesterol: Frequently Asked Questions
Cholesterol occurs naturally in the body. High blood cholesterol levels increase a person's risk of developing heart disease,...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
High-Sensitivity Troponin Test
The high-sensitive troponin test can detect very low levels of troponin T in the blood. (There are three types of cardiac...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Erythropoietin (EPO Test)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Echocardiogram (Echocardiography, Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasound)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Chest X-Ray
- Hormone Therapy
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Hormonal Methods of Birth Control
- Coronary Angiogram
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators
- Cholesterol Test
- Heart CT Scan
- Arm Pain
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Abdominal Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Cyanosis (Turning Blue)
- Jaw Pain
- Chest Pain
- Enlarged Heart
- Tightness in Chest
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Heart Attack in Men
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Self Care: How Can I Help My Doctor?
- Heart Disease FAQs
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- Cox-2 Inhibitors Dilemma: What Patients Should Do
- Beta Blockers: Why Take a Beta Blocker?
- Heart Disease: Antioxidant Supplements and Women
- Cox-2 Inhibitors, What's Next? - Expert Panel Votes
- Heart Disease Risk and C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Hormone Therapy and and Heart Disease in Women
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Beta Carotene Supplements Not the Answer for Cancer or Heart Disease
- Heart Attack - New Blood Test For Earlier Accurate Diagnosis
- Beta Blockers May Decrease Heart Complications Of Surgery
- Heart Attacks caused by Infections?
- Cigar Smoking ... Heart & Lung Disease & Cancer
- Heart Failure ... Old Drug, New Therapy
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Heart Disease In Women
- Ramipril, Heart Disease, Stroke & Diabetes
- Digestion? - If At First You Don't Succeed
- Diabetes - An Aspirin A Day
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- Plavix and TTP
- Stents: The New Coated Stents - What's The Story?
- Heart Disease - Lessons Learned From Pitcher's Early Death
- Fats, Fish Oil and Omega-3-Fatty Acids
- Stents Make Big Splash
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- Heart Attack Risk and Medicated Stents
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Viagra: The Little Blue Pill That Could
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Being Overweight Doesn't Mean You're Unhealthy!
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- CPR Guidelines
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Ibuprofen May Block Aspirin's Heart Benefits
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- What What Does Code Blue, Code Black, and Code Red Mean?
- Blood Doping
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Heart Attack Differences? Audio Podcast
- Health by Chocolate
- Heart Attack Symptoms Audio Podcast
- Heart Bypass Surgery -Audio Medical Podcast
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- lisinopril - oral, Prinivil, Zestril
- irbesartan - oral, Avapro
- gemfibrozil - oral, Lopid
- propranolol - oral, Inderal
- losartan - oral, Cozaar
- amlodipine - oral, Norvasc
- clonidine - transdermal, Catapres-TTS
- hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Microzide
- aspirin - oral, Easprin, Ecotrin
- clonidine - oral, Catapres
- ezetimibe/simvastatin - oral, Vytorin
- lovastatin - oral, Mevacor
- trandolapril - oral, Mavik
- atorvastatin - oral, Lipitor
- lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Prinzide, Zestoretic
- candesartan - oral, Atacand
- quinapril - oral, Accupril
- simvastatin - oral, Zocor
- labetalol - oral, Normodyne, Trandate
- fosinopril - oral, Monopril
- furosemide solution- oral, Lasix
- fluvastatin extended-release - oral, Lescol XL
- aspirin chewable - oral, Children's Aspirin
- amlodipine/benazepril - oral, Lotrel
- enalapril - oral, Vasotec
- losartan/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Hyzaar
- felodipine extended-release - oral, Plendil
- ramipril - oral, Altace
- rosuvastatin - oral, Crestor
- benazepril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Lotensin HCT
- fluvastatin - oral, Lescol
- carvedilol - oral, Coreg
- ezetimibe - oral, Zetia
- atenolol - oral, Tenormin
- warfarin - oral, Coumadin
- diltiazem extended-release tablet - oral, Cardizem LA
- lovastatin extended-release - oral, Altoprev
- metoprolol - oral, Lopressor
- valsartan - oral, Diovan
- captopril - oral, Capoten
- clopidogrel - oral, Plavix
- pravastatin - oral, Pravachol
- metoprolol extended-release - oral, Toprol XL
- niacin extended-release/lovastatin - oral, Advicor
- telmisartan - oral, Micardis
- furosemide - oral, Lasix
- metolazone - oral, Zaroxolyn
- benazepril - oral, Lotensin
- propranolol s.r. - oral, Inderal LA
- colesevelam - oral, Welchol
- propranolol extended-release - oral, Innopran XL
- triamterene/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Dyazide, Maxzide
- NITROGLYCERIN-INJECTION, Nitro-Bid, Tridil
- METOPROLOL EXTENDED RELEASE-ORAL
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- Birth Control Pills (List of Oral Contraceptives and Side Effects)
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- Nitrates (Medication)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- carvedilol (Coreg)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- atenolol, Tenormin
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- captopril, Capoten
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- lidocaine injection (Xylocaine)
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- ramipril, Altace
- dopamine (hydrochloride; Intropin - Discontinued in the US)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- felodipine (Plendil)
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- streptokinase-injection, Kabikinase, Streptase
- trandolapril, Mavik
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- niacin, Niacor, Niaspan, Slo-Niacin, Nicolar (discontinued)
- anistreplase-injection, Eminase
- lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Zestoretic, Prinzide
- enalapril, Vasotec, Epaned
- lovastatin, Mevacor, Altoprev
- quinapril, Accupril
- nadolol (Corgard)
- gemfibrozil, Lopid
- Lovenox (enoxaparin)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- pravastatin, Pravigard PAC (discontinued)
- ezetimibe and simvastatin, Vytorin
- dalteparin (Injection; Fragmin)
- magnesium sulfate (injection)
- colesevelam, Welchol
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- fluvastatin, Lescol, Lescol XL
- medroxyprogesterone, Provera, Depo-Provera, Depo-Sub Q Provera 104
- dipyridamole - oral, Persantine
- moexipril - oral, Univasc
- abciximab - injection, Reopro
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, Vaseretic
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- niacin and lovastatin, Advicor
- eptifibatide - injection, Integrilin
- conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate, Prempro, Premphase
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- ticlopidine, Ticlid (discontinued brand in the US)
- quinapril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Accuretic
- captopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Capozide
- Lotensin Hct
- Altace Capsules
- Tenormin IV Injection
- Inderal LA
- Toprol XL
- Transderm Nitro
Prevention & Wellness
- Job Insecurity May Take a Toll on Your Heart
- Stroke, Heart Events Can Sideline You From Work
- Heart Surgery Won't Cause Brain Decline, New Study Says
- Do Paramedics Shortchange Women With Heart Trouble?
- When Heart Attack Strikes, Women Often Hesitate to Call for Help
- Another Plus to Cardiac Rehab: Better Sex
- Want to Learn CPR? Try an Automated Kiosk
- Just a Little Weightlifting Can Help Your Heart
- Workplace Bullies Can Threaten the Heart
- Fish, Fish Oil May Lower Your Heart Attack Risk
- Noisy Neighborhood? Your Heart May Pay a Price
- A Single Energy Drink Might Harm Blood Vessels: Study
- Vaccine to Stop Recurrent Strokes Shows Promise in Mice
- Cold, Windy Days Can Strain the Heart
- What Americans Fear Most
- Stroke After Heart Attack: Danger May Persist for Months
- Obesity Surgery May Cut Heart Attack Risk in Diabetics
- Diabetes Drug Might Help Shield the Heart From Smog's Ill Effects
- Today's Go-Go World Too Much for Too Many Hearts
- Will a Defibrillator 'Vest' Protect Recent Heart Attack Patients?
- Fish Oil Pill Cuts Heart Dangers for High-Risk Patients
- Device Might Be 'Game Changer' for Patients With Severe Heart Failure
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- FDA Finds Another Carcinogen in Certain Valsartan Heart Meds
- Is Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Really Worth It for Seniors?
- Even High-Fat Dairy Might Be Good for You
- Blood Infection Sepsis Tied to Heart Attack, Stroke
- Online History Gives Clues to Heart Ills
- 'Million Hearts' Project Aims to Prevent 1 Million Cardiac Crises
- Why So Many Firefighters Die From Cardiac Arrest
- Even at Low Levels, Toxic Metals Put Heart at Serious Risk: Study
- Security Scanners Safe for Patients With Heart Devices: Study
- Secret Tunnels Between Skull, Brain Speed Immune Cells After Stroke in Mice
- Could Too Much 'Good' HDL Cholesterol Be Bad for Your Heart?
- New Wrinkle in Heart Health: Furrowed Brows May Bode Ill
- More Evidence Ties Stress to Heart Trouble
- For a Healthier Heart, Stick to 6 to 8 Hours of Sleep
- Daily Vaping Tied to Doubling of Heart Attack Risk
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Help the Heart, But Only If You Stick With It: Study
- New Lab Test Spots Heart Attack, Risk of Future Heart Woes
- Better Blood Test May Spot Heart Attack Faster
- Female Heart Attack Patients Fare Better If ER Doc Is a Woman
- Scuba Diving May Be Risky for Older Hearts
- Treating Depression May Prevent Repeat Heart Attack
- What Foods Are Really Best for Your Heart?
- How Steroid Abuse Put an Aging Bodybuilder in the Hospital
- Adrenaline Shot Can Save Lives After Heart Stops, But at a Heavy Price
- More Pregnant Women Having Heart Attacks
- 3 of 4 Black Americans Have High Blood Pressure by 55
- Blacks Have Shorter Life Spans After Surviving Heart Stoppage: Study
- Even When Insured, Heart Disease Can Bankrupt Poor Families
- When the Heart Stops, Drugs Often to Blame
- NIH Cancels Large Alcohol/Heart Health Study
- This Is When You're Most Likely to Die From a Heart Attack
- Heart Meds May Be Wrong for Millions of Americans
- When Temperatures Fall, Heart Attack Risk May Rise
- Speed of Heart Attack Treatment Can Vary by State
- U.S. Women Less Likely Than Men to Get Statins After Heart Attack
- No Heart Risk From Stop-Smoking Drugs Chantix and Zyban: Study
- Another Wildfire Danger: Heart Attacks
- Key Heart Risks Decline for Older Americans
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Undergoes Emergency Heart Surgery
- Heart Penalty? Hockey Fans' Cardiac Risk Rises When Home Team Wins
- Immigrants Have Healthier Hearts Than Native-Born Americans
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Depression Could Be a Risk Factor for A-Fib: Study
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Sugary Sodas Linked Again to Increased Heart Risks
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Booze Boosts Your Heart Rate
- Health Tip: Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Cutting Co-Pays Helps Heart Patients Take Their Meds
- Vitamin D3 May Benefit Heart Surgery Patients
- Heart Attack Survival Better When Specialists Are Out of Town
- Defibrillator-in-a-Vest May Help Heart Attack Survivors
- Blood Pressure Check? There May Soon Be an App for That
- Australian Nurse Treats, Survives His Own Heart Attack
- Big Outdoor Temperature Swings Tied to Heart Attack Risk
- No 'Obesity Paradox'? The Overweight May Not Live Longer
- Optimism Might Help You Handle Angina
- FDA Warns Heart Patients About Antibiotic Clarithromycin
- Too Much TV Could Boost Your Odds for a Blood Clot
- Poorer Kids May Fare Worse After Heart Surgery
- For Women, Blocked Arteries Not the Only Trigger for Heart Attacks
- Even Hidden Flu May Trigger Trouble After Heart Surgery
- Could a Blood Thinner Actually Raise Stroke Risk for Some?
- More Bad News on Flu: It's Tied to Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Will Smoking Pot Harm Your Heart? Experts Weigh In
- New 'Patch' May Repair Damaged Hearts
- Pricey ER Tests for Chest Pain Often Unnecessary
- Younger People With Diabetes Have 7 Times Greater Risk of Sudden Heart Death
- Many Women Miss Out on Lifesaving CPR
- Music, Video Help Sixth-Graders Master Hands-Only CPR
- Does Sex Really Trigger Cardiac Arrest?
- Is Successful Heart Surgery All in the Timing?
- Trauma's Toll on a Woman's Heart
- Surviving Heart Attack Often Means Leaving Job Behind
- Stopping Aspirin Tied to Quick Rise in Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Will an E-Cigarette Harm Your Heart?
- Even Teens Can Suffer Organ Damage From High Blood Pressure
- Do E-Cigarettes Damage Blood Vessels?
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- How a Bite of a Hot Dog Threatened and Saved a Boy's Life
- Calcium in Arteries May Best Predict Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Oxygen Therapy Doesn't Boost Heart Attack Survival
- Marriage a Blessing for Heart Attack Patients
- As Temperatures Fall, Heart Attacks May Rise
- Drug May Fight Heart Disease in Whole New Way
- Young Adults May Be Ignoring High Blood Pressure
- After Heart Attack, Just 1 in 3 Go for Rehab: CDC
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Doctor-Patient Dialogue May Boost Use of Blood Pressure Drugs
- Powerful New Cholesterol Med Won't Harm Memory, Easing Concerns
- 'Fat But Fit' a Myth?
- By Age 12, Poor May Show Signs of Heart Risks Ahead
- Angioplasty Outcomes Almost Equal Among Hospitals
- Fast Heart Attack Care Now the Norm in U.S. Hospitals: Study
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- Climate Change May Trigger 60,000 More Premature Deaths by 2030
- One Stroke Raises Risk for Another, Even Years Later: Study
- Reducing Repeat Hospitalizations Doesn't Harm Patients: Study
- Timing Is Everything With Heart Attacks
- 9/11 Survivors More Likely to Have Heart, Lung Diseases
- CT Scans Might Help Gauge Heart Attack Risk
- Fewer U.S. Dollars Spent on Cardiac Arrest Research: Study
- Fatal First-Time Heart Attacks More Common in Blacks: Study
- Opioids a Threat to Seniors With COPD
- Is Shingles Tied to Heart, Stroke Risk?
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Secondhand Smoke Still Plagues Some Cancer Survivors
- Study Hints at Link Between Some Statins, Parkinson's Risk
- Cocaine, Other Drugs Detected in Carrie Fisher's System After Her Death
- Meds Rooted in Ancient China May Help Heart: Review
- It's Snakes to the Rescue for Heart Patients
- Marathon Runs Won't Harm Your Arteries
- Moving Toward a Better Blood Pressure Pill
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds of Irregular Heartbeat
- Study Casts Doubt on Need for Statins in the 'Healthy Old'
- Overcrowded ERs Risky for Some Seriously Ill Patients
- Angela Bassett Puts the Spotlight on Heart Health
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Heart Attack Risk Spikes After Respiratory Infection, Study Finds
- Many Under 40 May Not Need Regular Cholesterol Checks: Study
- Heart Failure Patients Do Better When Sticking With Same Hospital
- Body Cooling May Help Brain After Cardiac Arrest
- Common Painkillers Tied to Slight Rise in Heart Attack Risk
- Bystander CPR Not Only Saves Lives, It Lessens Disability: Study
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Health Tip: Coping With Hardening of the Arteries
- Exercise and Vitamin D: A Heart-Healthy Combo
- Energy Drinks May Give the Heart an Unhealthy Jolt
- Blood Test May Gauge Death Risk After Surgery
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- When Oxygen Runs Low, the Naked Mole-Rat Finds a Way
- Many Heart Attack Patients Fail to Stick With Statins
- Conflicting Statin Guidelines Leave Millions in 'Gray Zone'
- No Link Between Common Antibiotic, Irregular Heartbeat
- Could a Daily Vitamin Curb Smog's Effect on the Heart?
- Trans Fat Bans May Have Cut Heart Attack, Stroke Rate
- Do Marathons' Road Closures Lead to More Local Deaths?
- Exercisers May Have Better Shot of Surviving Heart Attack
- High-Dose Vitamin D Failed to Curb Heart Disease in Study
- Can Stem Cell 'Patch' Help Heart Failure?
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Who Really Needs Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Meds?
- For Firefighters, Another Danger: The Heart
- Keys to Heart Disease Care: Communication and Trust
- Can Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Lower Cancer Death Risk?
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
- When Heart Stops Beating, Survival Better at Specialized Heart Centers
- Healthy Gums Tied to Longer Lives for Women
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- TV Ads Help Drive Testosterone Supplement Sales
- ATMs, Coffee Shops Ideal Spots for Heart Defibrillators
- New Cholesterol Drugs May Beat Statins, But Price Tag Is High
- Remote Amazon Tribe May Have Healthiest Hearts on Earth
- Stent Patients Face Higher Risk of Death After Bleeding, Clots
- Failed Fertility Treatments, Poorer Heart Health Later?
- Fish Oil Pills May Help After Heart Attack, Specialists Say
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Impotence Meds Might Give Men's Hearts a Boost, Too
- Heart Disease Kicks in Earlier for Obese People
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Cholesterol's Impact on Heart Attack Risk May Change With Age
- Depression May Hasten Death in Years After Heart Diagnosis
- 'Pokemon Go' Players Add 2,000 Steps a Day
- Health Tip: Resuming Activities After a Heart Attack
- Many People Don't Take Their High Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Wood Stoves May Spark Heart Trouble
- Doctors Handled Influx of Obamacare Patients: Study
- 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity
- Testosterone Therapy May Have Benefits, But Risks Too
- Heart, Lung Problems May Not Always Need ICU Care
- Heart Disease Could Cost U.S. $1 Trillion Per Year By 2035: Report
- 5 Ways Women Can Cut Their Heart Attack Risk
- Beware Heart Attack Risk From Shoveling Snow
- Heart-Healthy Tips for Your Grocery List
- Drinking Peroxide as 'Natural' Cure Leads to Dangerous Blood Clots
- Amphetamine Abuse Abuses the Heart
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- Too Many Americans Have High Blood Pressure, Doctors Warn
- What to Do If You Think You're Having a Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Strength Training Is For Seniors, Too
- U.S. Heart Failure Rates on the Rise
- Body Cooling Little Help to Kids When Heart Stops: Study
- 'Red Yeast Rice' Statin Alternative Not Harmless Either, Study Says
- Poverty Harder on Women's Hearts, Research Shows
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- High Blood Pressure May Not Be All Bad in the Elderly: Study
- Blood Levels of Meat-Linked Chemical Tied to Odds of Heart Trouble
- High Blood Pressure Often Undiagnosed, Untreated
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- High Blood Pressure Increasing Worldwide
- Brisk Walk May Help Sidestep Heart Disease
- Heartburn Drugs May Raise Risk of Stomach Infections: Study
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Debbie Reynold's Death Puts Spotlight on 'Broken Heart Syndrome'
- Actress Debbie Reynolds Dies 1 Day After Daughter Carrie Fisher's Death
- Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60
- Is Season the Reason Why Heart Deaths Spike at Christmas?
- High Pain Tolerance Tied to 'Silent' Heart Attack Risk
- HIV May Double Odds of Heart Attack
- Dr. Henry Heimlich, Inventor of the 'Heimlich Maneuver,' Dies at 96
- Products With Powdered Milk Recalled Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
- Beta Blockers May Not Be Best Heart Drugs for Dementia Patients
- Even Small Rise in Blood Pressure Can Harm Black Patients
- For Heart Attack Survivors, a Risk of Suicide?
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Cigarettes Aren't Cool, California Teens Say
- Quick Shot of Epinephrine Boosts Cardiac Arrest Patients' Survival: Study
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- After Cancer, Higher Risk of Severe Heart Attack
- Pradaxa Blood Thinner May Beat Warfarin After Bleeding Episode: Study
- 24-Hour Shifts Can Play Havoc With the Heart
- Testosterone Therapy May Be Linked to Serious Blood Clots
- Doctors Should Counsel Even Low-Risk Patients on Heart Health
- Smoking Raises Heart Attack Risk 8-Fold in People Under 50
- Does a Little Daily Drinking Really Help the Heart?
- Bonus From Your Blood Pressure Med: Fewer Fractures?
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- Heart Attacks Up in New Orleans Post-Katrina
- Amputations Due to Poor Blood Flow More Likely in Certain Groups
- Device Shows Promise Against Tough-to-Treat Heart Failure
- Coming Soon: Lower Cholesterol From a Twice-a-Year Shot?
- Having Rheumatoid Arthritis May Increase Heart Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery Tied to Lower Heart Risks
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Marijuana Use Tied to Rare, Temporary Heart Malfunction
- Most Elderly Smokers Don't Use Anti-Smoking Meds After Heart Attack
- DNA Isn't Destiny: Healthy Living Can Overcome Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Powerful Cancer Drugs Linked to Rare Heart Risks
- Hypochondriacs May Worry Themselves Into Heart Trouble
- Water: Can It Be Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Pedal Your Way to Heart Health
- Poorer Heart Attack Victims, Especially Women, Fare Worse: Study
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Parent-Child Screening Urged for Inherited Heart Condition
- Review Says Calcium Supplements Won't Harm the Heart
- When Complications Arise, Some Hospitals Get Paid a Lot More
- Americans Are Changing Their Supplements of Choice
- Anger, Heavy Exertion: Fast Track to a Heart Attack?
- Your Post-Heart Attack Survival May Depend on Choice of Hospital
- A Better Diabetes Test?
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- Cooling Therapy Might Not Help All Cardiac Arrest Patients
- Queen Latifah Puts Heart Failure Center Stage
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Less Safe for Men With Prior Heart Attack
- 1 in 4 Medicare Patients Uses Blood Pressure Meds Incorrectly
- Many With Diabetes Missing Out on Statins
- Could Good Sex Be Bad for an Older Man's Heart?
- Older Drug May Help Type 1 Diabetics' Heart Health
- Sex Suffers for Younger Adults After Heart Attack
- Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That
- Heart Attack Before 50 Ups Early Death Risk
- Drug-Coated Stents Don't Improve Patient Survival, Large Study Reports
- Over 64? Want to Cut Your Heart Disease Risk? Try Exercise
- Mediterranean Diet Shows Its Protective Powers in Heart Patients
- Study Bolsters Role of Angioplasty, Stents in Heart-Attack Survival
- Sleep Apnea Mask Treatment Fails to Curb Heart Risks
- Adult-Onset Asthma Might Raise Heart Risks
- Family Trumps Friends in Extending Seniors' Lives
- Do Angioplasty Patients Really Need Beta-Blocker Drugs?
- Too Many Public Defibrillators Out of Reach When Needed
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Nerve Damage
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- High Doses of Fish Oil Might Help Healing After Heart Attack
- Treating Psoriasis May Reduce Risk for Other Ills
- Is Pot Harder on the Heart Than Tobacco?
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Even Your Heart May Benefit From Extra Education
- Research Sees Potential to Make Bone, Muscle From Human Stem Cells
- Over 100 Drugs Pose Risk to Heart Failure Patients
- Heart Failure After Heart Attack Tied to Cancer Risk in Study
- Why Some Seniors Don't Take Their Meds
- Progress Against Heart Deaths Starting to Wane, Report Warns
- Men Face Greater Risk of Cardiac Arrest: Study
- Inherited Cholesterol Disorder Significantly Boosts Heart Risks
- Are Omega-3s Linked to Lower Risk for Fatal Heart Attack?
- Diabetes Ups Risk of Heart Attack Death
- Heart Attack Help? There's an App for That
- Blood Test May Rule Out Too Many Donor Hearts
- Health Tip: Get Checked for High Blood Pressure
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Just a Little of Statins' Effect Enough to Help Heart: Study
- Blood Pressure May Soar if You Live Near an Airport
- Just 6 Percent of Chest Pain Cases in ER Are Life-Threatening: Study
- Sleep Apnea Tied to Complications After Angioplasty
- Indoor Pollution From Fuels May Threaten Heart
- For Better Heart Care, Get a Pharmacist on Your Team
- Opioid Painkillers Raise Deadly Heart Risks for Some: Study
- Diabetes Drug Victoza May Help the Heart: Study
- Mixed News on Drinking and Heart Health
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Marriage a Boost for Heart Attack Survivors
- ADHD Meds May Pose Heart Risks for Some Kids
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Flu Shot Helps Heart Failure Patients Avoid Hospital
- Health Tip: Using Aspirin Therapy
- High-Salt Diets May Raise Heart Risks for Kidney Patients
- After Heart Attack, New Threat: Heart Failure
- Could a Low-Salt Diet Hurt Your Health?
- Elderly Benefit From Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment
- Rural Hospitals Often Safer, Cheaper for Common Surgeries: Study
- Half of Heart Attacks Might Be 'Silent'
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- If 1 in 10 U.S. Smokers Quits, $63 Billion Saved
- Clues to How Popular Heartburn Drug Might Harm Arteries
- Blood Pressure Patterns May Predict Stroke Risk
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Low-Dose Aspirin Tied to Better Cancer Survival in Study
- Focus on Healthy Foods, Not Avoiding 'Bad' Ones, for Heart Health: Study
- Breast Cancer Meds Won't Raise Chances of Heart Attack, Stroke, Study Suggests
- Cancer History May Affect Survival After Organ Transplant
- Low-Dose Aspirin Tied to Better Cancer Survival in Study
- Lonely, Isolated People May Be Prone to Heart Disease, Stroke
- Metformin Safer for Heart Than Other Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs: Study
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Depression Common for Heart Attack Survivors, And More May Need Help
- Common Heartburn Drugs Linked to Kidney Disease in Study
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Exercise for a Healthier Heart
- Stimulant, Banned From Sports, Found in Dietary Supplements in U.S.
- FDA Approves First Wire-Free Pacemaker
- Women Twice as Likely to Die From Severe Heart Attack, Study Finds
- Fruit Every Day Might Help Your Heart, Researchers Say
- Hispanics More Likely to Have Heart Pumping Problems, Study Says
- Treating Depression Might Help Stem Heart Woes: Study
- Gene Therapy Shows Early Promise Against Heart Failure
- Skipping Meds Greatly Ups Heart Patients' Risk of Stroke: Study
- Brain Scans Give Clues to Stress-Heart Attack Link
- Heart Attacks Striking Younger, Fatter Americans: Study
- Gaps in Care Can Harm Patients After Heart Attack
- PTSD May Stiffen Veterans' Arteries, Boosting Heart Risks
- Women, Men Share Similar Symptoms of Heart Disease
- Depression Tied to Worse Outcomes for Heart Patients
- Study Finds No Heart Risk From SSRI Antidepressants
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Stress Management Training May Help Cardiac Rehab Patients
- A Healthy Heart May Protect an Aging Brain
- Long Hours at the Office May Raise Your Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Women in Cardiac Arrest May Be Less Likely to Receive Help
- Happiness Might Sometimes Harm Your Heart, Study Finds
- One Alcoholic Drink Might Temporarily Bump Up Heart Risk
- Too Much Sitting Can Harm Older, Female Heart Attack Survivors
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- A Daily Cup of Tea May Soothe Your Heart
- Physically Fit May Bounce Back Better After Heart Attack
- Testosterone Therapy May Boost Sex Drive in Older Men ...
- More Evidence Smog May Raise Stroke Risk
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- Fitness Linked to Better Survival After First Heart Attack
- Women's Heart Attacks Are Different Than Men's, Experts Stress
- Did Antarctic Explorer Shackleton Have a 'Hole in His Heart'?
- Take Care in the Bitter Cold
- High-Rise Living May Lower Your Chances of Surviving Cardiac Arrest
- Exercise Regularly and Your Heart Will Thank You
- Statins Aid Bypass Surgery Recovery, Research Shows
- Exercise May Lower Heart Disease Risk in Depressed People: Study
- High Blood Sugar May Increase Heart Attack Complications: Study
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- Heart Attack Treatment Often Delayed for Former Bypass Patients
- Reducing Salt Intake Might Harm Heart Failure Patients, Study Claims
- Early Treatment Improves Heart Attack Outcomes, Study Finds
- All High-Risk Patients Should Get Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowered Risk of Heart Attack, Type 2 Diabetes in Study
- Healthy Habits Help Reduce Risk of Heart Failure, Study Finds
- Should You Be Taking Aspirin Daily?
- U.S. Task Force Backs Statins for Those 40 to 75 at Heightened Heart Risk
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest May Not Be So Sudden
- Heart Disease Now Kills 1 of Every 3 Americans
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- How to Clear Snow Without Getting Hurt
- A Newborn's Heart Attack Shows Heart Can Regrow, Recover
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- One in Five U.S. Kids Over Age 5 Has Unhealthy Cholesterol: CDC
- Optimistic Outlook May Boost Recovery After Heart Attack
- Sense of Purpose in Life May Boost Longevity, Heart Health
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Depressed Black Americans May Be at Risk for Heart Woes
- Scientists Pinpoint What Level of Vitamin D Promotes Heart Health
- Side Effects Cause Some to Stop Taking Blood Thinner Brilinta
- Women May Get Poorer Care Than Men Post-Heart Attack
- The Physically Active Less Prone to Post-Heart Attack Depression
- Smoggy Days Linked to Most Severe Type of Heart Attack
- Many Americans May Experience 'Silent' Heart Attack
- Race Gap in Life Expectancy Is Narrowing: U.S. Study
- Marriage May Aid Recovery From Heart Surgery, Study Finds
- Studies Reveal Gender Gap in Heart Care
- Younger Women Less Likely to Take Meds After Heart Attack
- Sensitive Blood Test May Help Rule Out Heart Attack
- Sweetened Drinks May Damage Heart, Review Finds
- Medical Costs Soar for Smokers Who Develop Artery Disease
- Cancer May Be a Hidden Danger to the Heart: Report
- Could a Texting App Help Your Heart?
- Heart Attack Shouldn't End Your Sex Life
- Study: Lowering Beta-Blocker Dose May Boost Survival After Heart Attack
- Pregnancy Complications May Be Linked to Later Heart Disease
- Beet Juice Boosts Muscle Power in Heart Patients
- People in Their 50s Benefit Most From Low-Dose Aspirin, Report Says
- Diabetes Takes a Toll on Women's Hearts
- Younger Women With Diabetes More Vulnerable to Heart Attack: Study
- Your Heart Is Likely 'Older' Than You Are
- Could All Work and No Play Kill You?
- Knee, Hip Replacement Surgeries Linked to Heart Risks
- Cold Weather May Up Risk of Stroke, Severe Heart Attack for Some
- After Heart Attack, Quitting Smoking Boosts Mental Health, Quality of Life
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Too Few Heart Attack Patients Get Cardiac Rehab, Study Finds
- Women and Blacks Fare Worse After Heart Attacks: Study
- Big Swings in Blood Pressure Could Spell Trouble
- Aspirin Use Common Among Americans With Heart Trouble
- 1 in 6 Americans Too Far From Lifesaving Heart Centers
- FDA Strengthens Warning on NSAIDs and Heart Risk
- FDA Strengthens Heart Attack, Stroke Warning for Popular Painkillers
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Healthier Arteries in Middle Age
- Entresto Approved for Heart Failure
- Calcium Scan Can Predict Premature Death Risk, Study Says
- Wide Variations Seen in U.S. Stroke Care
- Menopausal Women at Lower Heart Risk Than Men of Similar Age
- Make CPR, Defibrillator Training Mandatory for High School Graduation: Experts
- Fireworks Can Spark Bump in Air Pollution, Study Finds
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- Statins Might Reduce Complications After Major Lung Surgery
- Too Few Older Heart Attack Patients Get Implanted Defibrillators, Study Finds
- Anti-Clotting Drug Approved For Angioplasty
- Improved Artificial Heart Valve Approved
- More Research Hints at Chocolate's Heart Benefits
- Popular Heartburn Meds Linked to Higher Risk of Heart Attack
- Early CPR Spurred by Smartphone Alerts Saves Lives
- FDA Advisers Recommend Approval of First of 2 New Cholesterol Drugs
- Potential Liver Recipients May Have New Option
- Poorer Blacks May Face Higher Odds of Heart Disease
- Don't Give Heart-Healthy Patients Blood Pressure Drugs Before Surgery: Study
- COPD Raises Cardiac Death Risk for Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- Many ER Patients With Chest Pain Can Be Sent Home, Study Finds
- Hand-Grip Strength May Provide Clues to Heart Health
- Quitting Smoking Improves Angioplasty Outcome, Study Finds
- Bystander CPR Linked to Better Outcomes After Cardiac Arrest
- Routine Heart Care Similar From Nurse Practitioners, Doctors: Study
- 911 Best Call for Heart Attack Victims in Rural Areas: Study
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Where You're Treated for Heart Attack Matters
- Daily Aspirin Taken by More Than Half of Older U.S. Adults
- Divorce Tied to Higher Chance of Heart Attack in Study
- Genes May Leave Short People Prone to Heart Disease
- Fit at 50? Cardiac Arrest During Exercise Unlikely, Study Finds
- FDA Expands Approval for 'Valve in Valve' Aortic Replacement
- Terminally Ill Can Do Without Statins, Study Finds
- U.S. Deaths Due to High Blood Pressure Keep Rising: CDC
- Malpractice Fears Spurring Most ER Docs to Order Unnecessary Tests
- Stents Meant to Prevent Stroke May Actually Boost Risk
- Some Older Heart Patients Might Benefit From Aggressive Treatments
- Manual Clot Removal After Heart Attack May Not Help, Could Harm
- Newer Blood Thinner May Improve Outcomes for Heart Attack Survivors
- CT Scans Might Spot Heart Risks More Clearly in Patients With Chest Pain
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise in Lowering Cholesterol, Heart Attack Risk
- Folic Acid May Help Ward Off Stroke in People With High Blood Pressure
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- More Evidence That Hormone Therapy Might Not Help Women's Hearts
- Stress, Depression a 'Perfect Storm' of Trouble for Heart Patients
- New CPR Devices Approved
- A Sense of Purpose May Help Your Heart
- Women Take Longer to Reach Hospital After Heart Attack
- Early Studies See No Heart Risk From Testosterone Therapy
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids May Stem Further Damage After Heart Attack
- Does Long-Term Acetaminophen Use Raise Health Risks?
- Love Coffee? Your Heart May, Too
- Global Blood Pressure Program Could Save Millions of Lives, Experts Say
- Poor Response to Statins May Mean Clogged Arteries
- Certain Painkillers Ill-Advised After Heart Attack: Study
- Younger Women Often Ignore Signs of Heart Attack
- After Blowing Their Stack, a Heart Attack
- Mental Illness, Homelessness Linked to Heart Disease in Study
- 'Calculators' Doctors Use May Overestimate Heart Risks, Study Says
- Newer Blood Thinner Beats Heparin for Certain Heart Attacks
- Low Vitamin D Levels in Childhood May Raise Heart Risks: Study
- Effectiveness of Implanted Defibrillators May Depend on Patient's Age
- Stress May Make Recovery From Heart Attack Harder for Younger Women
- Newly Diagnosed With High Blood Pressure? 3 Factors Affect Prognosis
- ER Patients With Chest Pain May Not Always Need Heart Tests: Study
- Pneumonia Raises Heart Disease Risk for Years: Study
- Could a Drink a Day Lower Your Risk for Heart Failure?
- An Optimistic Outlook May Be Good for Your Heart
- Neck Artery Stents May Not Be Worthwhile in 'Real World' Setting
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- When Heart Docs Are Away, Their High-Risk Patients May Fare Better
- Doctors Aren't Discussing Sex With Heart Attack Survivors
- FDA Approves Blood Test That Gauges Heart Attack Risk
- Heart Attacks Rose in N.J. in Hurricane Sandy's Wake
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
- Cutting Docs-in-Training Hours Hasn't Improved Patient Care: Studies
- Jakafi Approved for Chronic Bone Marrow Disease
- Study Casts Doubt on Low-Dose Aspirin for Women Under 65
- Coordination of Heart Attack Care Trims Time to Treatment: Study
- Oxygen May Not Help Heart Attack Victims
- Wireless ECG Speeds Up Heart Attack Treatments, Study Shows
- Women With Heart Disease at Low Risk When Giving Birth: Study
- Long-Term Use of Aspirin Plus Blood Thinner Is Safe: Study
- Cholesterol Drug Vytorin Linked to Reduced Heart Attack Risk
- Are Women More Likely to Survive Cardiac Arrest?
- CPR Phone Guidance Boosts Cardiac Arrest Survival, Study Says
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Can Give Your Heart an Unwelcome Buzz
- Certain Heart Attacks Are Deadlier in Hospital
- Researchers Find Gene Mutation That May Protect Against Heart Disease
- Deaths From Heart Disease Drop Quickly After Stent Procedure: Study
- Bed Position Matters for Stroke Patients, Report Shows
- Certain Painkillers Tied to Raised Risk of Death After Stroke
- Early Signs of Plaque in Arteries Signals Future Heart Trouble: Study
- Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Brief Interruption of Blood Supply to Limb Might Aid Heart Surgery: Study
- Heart Transplant ‘Breakthrough' Shows Promise
- Depression After Heart Attack May Be More Common for Women
- Regular Doctor Visits Help Control Blood Pressure, Study Says
- Some Lung Patients Buy Cigarettes Along With Meds at Pharmacies: Study
- Athletic Trainers' Group Advises Heart Tests for Young Athletes
- Smoking-Related Illnesses in U.S. Total 14 Million, Report Finds
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices May Cut Women's Stroke Risk
- Health Risks After Stroke May Linger for at Least 5 Years: Study
- Social Support May Be Key to Heart Attack Recovery
- Blood Test Might Predict Speed of Recovery From Surgery: Study
- Common Painkillers Tied to Blood Clot Risk, Study Suggests
- Study: Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors May Prevent 80 Percent of Heart Attacks
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Doesn't Prevent Strokes in Diabetics: Study
- Heart Attack Patients Face Greater Death Risk if Any Treatment Step Missed: Study
- Diabetics Face Much Greater Risk of Heart Damage, Study Says
- ER Visits Up for High Blood Pressure
- Testosterone and Heart Attacks: Q&A
- Heart Studies Don't Reflect Real-World Patients, Study Finds
- Big Drop in U.S. Heart-Related Hospitalizations and Deaths, Study Finds
- Good Neighbors Are Good for Your Heart, Study Says
- Are We Overdoing Salt Restrictions?
- For Heart Attack Survivors, More Exercise Isn't Always Better, Study Says
- Heart Medication Digoxin Linked to Higher Risk of Death for Some
- Women, Blacks Hit Harder by Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Doctors May Miss Out on Recommending Aspirin Therapy
- High Blood Pressure in Middle Age, Weaker Brain Later?
- Some Jobs Harder on the Heart Than Others, Report Finds
- No TV or Obesity, But Ancient People Still Had Heart Disease
- Heart Attack Patients Treated at Night, Weekends May Have Worse Outcomes
- Inflammatory Muscle Disorder May Raise Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke
- High-Salt Diets Could Double Risk of Heart Woes for Diabetics
- No Change in Heart Attack Rates for Younger U.S. Adults
- Is Obesity an Advantage After Heart Procedures?
- Niacin Doesn't Reduce Heart Problems, May Create Some, Research Finds
- With ERs, the Busier, the Better, Study Finds
- Don't Judge a Pill by Its Color
- More Painkillers May Raise Heart Risks for Older Women: Review
- Experts Reject Routine Screening for Narrowed Neck Arteries
- Latest Study Finds No Link Between Testosterone Supplements, Heart Attack
- Scientists Explain Stress and Heart Attack Link
- Quitting Smokeless Tobacco May Boost Survival After Heart Attack
- Heart Failure Therapy May Benefit Women More Than Men
- Depression Doubles Odds of Heart Attack for Younger Women: Study
- Rare Gene Mutations May Help Shield the Heart
- High Blood Pressure May Sometimes Be Overtreated: Study
- Study Questions Use of Beta Blockers Before Heart Bypass Surgery
- Heart Patients Without Artery Plaque Buildup Still Face Risks: Study
- 1 in 10 Heart Attack Patients May Have Undiagnosed Diabetes
- Antibiotic Lowers Death Risk for Elderly Patients With Pneumonia: Study
- Implanted Defibrillators May Help Patients With Moderate Heart Failure
- More Hispanics Took Heart Meds After Medicare Part D Launch
- Heart Attack in Middle Age May Be Tougher on Women
- Calcium Supplements Don't Raise Women's Heart Risks, Study Says
- More Americans Working to Control Blood Pressure, Cholesterol: CDC
- Heart Risks Depend on Which Blood Pressure Number Is High: Study
- Many Delay Blood Thinners After Stent Placement, Risking Death
- Walking at Home Can Help Boost Poor Circulation in Legs, Study Shows
- There May Be Such a Thing as 'Too Much Exercise'
- New Drug May Help Lower 'Bad' Cholesterol Beyond Statins
- Researchers Shed Light on Link Between Stress, Heart Trouble
- Intensive Insulin Therapy Might Aid Diabetics After Heart Attack
- Zontivity Approved For People at High-Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Blood Pressure Drugs Help Keep Heart Trouble at Bay: FDA
- Daily Aspirin Regimen Not Safe for Everyone, FDA Warns
- Sustained Workouts May Help Aging Hearts
- One in 12 Older Americans Struggles to Afford Food: Study
- Is Healthy Obesity a Myth?
- High-Fiber Diet May Aid Heart Attack Survivors
- Research Shows Ways to Speed Stroke Care
- Diabetes Complication Rates Drop Among U.S. Adults
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Poor Bone Health
- Certain Prescription Painkillers Tied to Higher Risk of Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Sitting Too Much May Harm Health
- Preventive Steroids May Not Help Heart Bypass
- Aspirin May Not Protect Heart After Non-Cardiac Surgeries: Study
- Study Adds to Signs Linking HIV to Heart Trouble
- Study Ties Daylight Saving Time Change to Rise in Heart Attacks
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Boost a Man's Sex Life: Study
- Blood Test Shows Promise for Gauging Heart Attack Risk After Chest Pain
- Preventive Steroids May Not Improve Heart Bypass Surgery Results
- Diabetes Treatment Falls Short as Heart Failure Drug in Study
- Vitamin D Deficiency May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- Keeping Blood Pressure Low Halves Risk of Second Stroke: Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Risk for Heart Attack, Death: Study
- Post-Katrina Heart Woes Persisted at Least 6 Years
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart
- Heart Attack Risk Rises in Hours After Angry Outburst: Study
- Vigorous Exertion at Work May Trigger Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Transfusions Risky During Certain Heart Procedures, Study Finds
- Death of Partner Boosts Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke, Study Says
- Health Highlights: Feb. 19, 2014
- Daily Aspirin May Guard Against Ovarian Cancer
- Early Promise for a Blood Thinner Without the Bleeding Risk
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Could Mean Heart Trouble in Middle Age
- Added Sugar in Diet Tied to Death Risk From Heart Trouble
- FDA Will Review Safety of Testosterone Therapy
- Testosterone Therapy Might Increase Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Minority Patients Less Likely to Stick With Heart Attack Meds: Study
- Vitamin D Supplements Don't Help Your Health: Review
- Older Patients May Fare Better in Trauma Centers That Treat More of Their Peers
- Hospital Safety Improves for Heart Patients, Study Finds
- Mediterranean Diet May Lower Risk of Clogged Leg Arteries
- Timing of Heart Attack Tied to Death Risk
- Smog Linked to Higher Heart Attack Risk
- 'Microparticles' Show Promise in Healing Damaged Hearts
- Death Rate After Hip, Knee Replacements Has Dropped Sharply: Study
- Fitness in Teen Years May Guard Against Heart Trouble Later
- Many Hispanic Women Unaware of Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Younger Adults Who've Had Shingles May Face Higher Stroke Risk
- FDA Warns Consumers Against Body-Building Supplement
- Too Few Americans Aware of Their High Blood Pressure: Study
- Experts Lay Out Options for Menopause Symptoms
- Americans Still Eat Too Much Salt: CDC
- Fiber-Rich Foods May Cut Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Walk More to Cut Heart Attack and Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Dementia Risk Might Rise for Older Women With Heart Disease
- Certain Blood Proteins Higher in People Prone to Outbursts of Rage
- 'Stress Gene' Might Raise Odds for Heart Attack, Death, Study Shows
- Experts: Don't Waste Your Money on Multivitamins
- Snow-Shoveling Health Tips as Winter Looms
- Morphine, Blood Thinner Plavix a Bad Mix for Heart Attack Victims: Study
- Women's Chest Pain Unreliable Indicator of Heart Attack: Study
- FDA to Lift Restrictions on Diabetes Drug Avandia
- FDA Warns of Heart Risks From Stress-Test Drugs
- Health Tip: Stay Fit in Your 30s
- Quitting Smoking May Help Seniors' Hearts Sooner Than Thought
- Does Caffeine in Coffee Perk Up Heart Health?
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest May Have Early Warning Signs
- Women More Likely to Die in Hospital After Heart Attack
- Take Aspirin at Bedtime to Better Protect Your Heart, Study Suggests
- Studies Suggest Better Approaches to Staying Clot-Free
- Timely Surgery Tied to Better Outcomes After Hip Fracture
- Program Helps Heart Patients Stick With Meds After Leaving Hospital
- Could Vaccines Someday Improve Heart Health?
- Statins Not Linked to Memory Loss, Dementia, Review Suggests
- Study Sheds Light on How Heart Heals Itself
- Fitness Linked to Lower Heart Attack Risk in Heart Disease Patients
- Text Message From Your Heart Doc: 'Take Your Medicine'
- New Cholesterol Drug Guidelines: Q&A
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- New Guidelines May Widen Use of Statins
- More Evidence Ties Obesity to Disability in Older Women
- Estrogen After Menopause May Blunt Stress' Effects on Memory
- Kidney Patients May Face Serious Side Effects From Weight-Loss Surgery
- Metformin Won't Help Heart Patients Without Diabetes: Study
- Study Raises Questions About Testosterone Therapy
- Brush Your Teeth, Help Save Your Heart?
- Heart-Rhythm Disorder Tied to Higher Risk of Heart Attack: Study
- Gardening, Housework May Help Boost Your Heart Health
- Certain Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Also Protect Patients' Hearts, Studies Find
- Social Isolation Linked to More Pain After Hip Replacement
- Flu Season Off to Slow Start . . .
- Stenting of Neck Arteries Tied to Higher Stroke Risk in Seniors
- Your Flu Shot May Also Help Your Heart
- Crohn's and Colitis May Be Tied to Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- High Smog Levels Tied to Serious Heart Problems
- Whites at Highest Risk for Irregular Heart Rhythm, Study Finds
- Study Tallies Risk of Noncardiac Surgery After Heart Stent Placement
- Study Compares Heart Risks for 2 Hormonal Regimens
- Health Tip: Smoking Affects Heart Health
- Blood Thinner Dangerous for Patients With Artificial Heart Valves, Study Finds
- Could Obesity Help Older People With Type 2 Diabetes?
- Low Testosterone Linked to Possible Heart Problems in Men
- Medicare Costs for Heart Attack Survivors Up 17 Percent, Study Finds
- Moderate Arsenic in Environment Tied to Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Vitamin B Supplements May Guard Against Stroke
- Health Tip: Do You Need Frequent Cholesterol Screenings?
- Chest Pain Less Common in Female Heart Patients: Study
- Simple Score May Predict Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Heart Attack Death Rates Unchanged Despite Faster Treatment, Study Finds
- 200,000 Heart Disease, Stroke Deaths Could Be Prevented: CDC
- All-in-One Pill May Be Effective Treatment for Heart Care
- Clearing More Arteries Works in Angioplasty Trial
- New Diabetes Drug Seems Safe for Heart, Study Finds
- Panel Wavers on Routine Screening for Poor Leg Circulation
- High Cholesterol May Be Particularly Bad for Middle-Aged Men
- Scientists Make Damaged Heart Cells Healthy Again in Lab Tests
- Could Flu Shots Help Prevent Heart Attacks?
- Blood Protein Disparity May Help Explain Blacks' Increased Heart Risk
- Using Blood Pressure Cuff Right Before Heart Surgery Cuts Heart Damage: Study
- Prompt Surgery May Be Best for Heart Valve Leak
- Psoriasis, Other Medical Conditions May Be Linked, Study Says
- Blood Pressure Swings Could Be Linked to Mental Decline: Study
- Docs Should Counsel Heart Attack Survivors on Resuming Sex, Experts Say
- Many Women Worry About Sex After Heart Attack, Study Shows
- Sunny Disposition May Shield You From Heart Problems
- Routine Echocardiograms Wouldn't Reduce Heart Events: Study
- Skipping Breakfast a Recipe for Heart Disease, Study Finds
- Country Singer Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
- Country Singer Randy Travis in Critical Condition With Heart Infection
- Heart Dangers of Low Vitamin D Levels May Vary
- Most Statin Users Won't Have Major Side Effects
- Drug Combo May Reduce Risk of Second Stroke: Study
- Think You're Stressed? Maybe You Should Have Your Heart Checked
- James Gandolfini's Death From Heart Trouble at 51 a Sign of the Times
- Health, Not Age, Affects Benefits of Implanted Heart Device: Study
- Scans Uncover Dangerous Hardening of Abdominal Aorta
- Alzheimer's Drugs May Benefit Heart, Study Finds
- Charges Vary Widely From Hospital to Hospital: FAQ
- PTSD After Heart Attack Linked to Poor Sleep
- High Doses of Common Painkillers May Raise Risk for Heart Trouble
- Antidepressants May Be Helpful for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Certain COPD Meds Might Raise Heart Risks, Study Says
- Heart Attack? Doctors Soon May Have an App for That
- Heart Risks Last Beyond Hospital Discharge, Study Finds
- Young Women Less Healthy Than Men Before Heart Attack: Study
- Living Near Heavy Traffic May Harm Kidney Function
- Fish Oil Supplements Don't Protect Against Heart Trouble: Study
- Everyday Noise Levels May Affect the Heart
- Docs Should Ask Heart Patients About Quality of Life
- Men Who Are Obese While Young Can Pay a Price Later
- 'Gut Reaction' May Predict Cardiovascular Risk
- Even in Young Adults, Binge Drinking May Harm Circulation
- Common Heart Meds May Boost Recovery From Non-Cardiac Surgeries
- Hard Physical Labor May Boost Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke: Studies
- Could Turtle Gene Findings Aid Human Health?
- Heart Scarring May Be More Dangerous Than Thought, Study Suggests
- Ultrasound Waves, Bone Marrow Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- FDA Warns Against Sale of Sports Supplements in U.S.
- Unemployment's Toll Can Be Heartbreaking
- Less Salt, More Potassium = Millions of Lives Saved
- Follow-Up Care After Chest Pain Called Crucial
- Modest Cardiac Benefit From Chelation Therapy Not Enough to OK Use: Experts
- Steady Rise in Heart Valve Infections Noted in U.S.
- FDA Proposes Tighter Regulation of Public Defibrillators
- Excess Salt a Factor in 2.3 Million Deaths Annually Worldwide
- Anxiety, Depression May Triple Risk of Death for Heart Patients: Study
- Experts Question Use of Ankle Blood Pressure to Gauge Heart Risks
- Major Bleeds After Heart Procedures May Raise Death Risk: Study
- Quitting Cigarettes Cuts Heart Risks, Even If You Gain Weight
- Angioplasty Safe in Hospitals Without On-Site Heart Surgery Services
- Niacin Won't Help, May Harm Heart Patients: Study
- Drug May Ease Angina in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- New Drugs Might Give Heart Patients an Edge
- Study: Mega Vitamins Won't Help After Heart Attack, Chelation Treatment Might
- Was Heart Disease the Mummies' Real Curse?
- Obese New Mothers May Have Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Scans That Gauge Heart Scarring May Spot High-Risk Patients
- HIV May Raise Risk of Heart Attack
- Blocked Heart Arteries May Be Key Risk Factor for Stroke
- Another Study Says Mediterranean Diet Good for the Heart
- Injected 'Hydrogel' May Help Repair Failing Hearts
- Smoggy Air Tied to Heart Attacks: Study
- Long Waits in the ER May Raise PTSD Risk for Heart Patients
- Heart Attack Patients Do Better if They Had Chest Pain First
- Study Ties Gene to Dangerous Heart Valve Deposits
- Which Fats Really Are Good for Your Heart?
- Re-Analysis Refutes Diet Guidelines Favoring Vegetable Fats
- Erectile Dysfunction May Signal Hidden Heart Disease
- Antidepressants Celexa, Lexapro Tied to Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Extreme Cold Snap Brings Unexpected Health Risks
- Prolonged CPR May Boost Chances for Cardiac Arrest Victims
- Some Migraines Linked to Heart Attack, Blood Clots
- Berry Habit May Help Women Avoid Heart Attacks
- Better Work Environment May Cut Hospital Readmission Rates
- FDA: Don't Use Pradaxa Blood Thinner in Patients With Artificial Heart Valves
- Fish Oil Supplements Won't Prevent Irregular Heart Beat: Study
- The Best and Worst States for Your Heart
- Giving Plavix Before Angioplasty May Cut Heart Attack Risk: Study
- New Guidelines Seek to Streamline Care for Worst Heart Attacks
- Winter Weather, Snow Shoveling Pose Heart Risks
- Fainting in Healthy People May Be First Sign of Heart Trouble
- Stop-Smoking Drug Chantix May Carry Heart Risks, FDA Warns
- Health Tip: Will Cardiac Rehab Help?
- Give Your Heart the Gift of a Stress-Free Holiday
- New Blood Thinner May Help Prevent Leg Clots, Study Finds
- No Proof That 'Doping' With EPO Gives Athletes an Edge: Review
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Kids With HIV at Risk of Heart Disease, Study Says
- Sedatives May Raise Pneumonia Risk
- Consider Weight When Choosing Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Health Tip: Stay Active After a Heart Attack
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Despite FDA Warning, Sports Supplements Still Available Online: Study
- Smokers, Nonsmokers Alike Urged to Learn About Lung Cancer
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- 5-Hour Energy Shots Linked to 13 Deaths
- Transcendental Meditation May Lower Heart Risk
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Fat Buildup Around the Heart
- Statins Linked to Reduced Cancer Death
- High Blood Pressure Often Missed in Young Adults: Study
- Standard Dose of Blood Thinner May Not Be Best for All Patients
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Popular Diabetes Meds Put to the Test
- Two Years On, Stem Cells Still Healing Damaged Hearts
- Miscarriages Tied to Elevated Risk for Heart Conditions
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- 4 Signs of Aging That May Show Higher Heart Risk
- What to Do Now to Lower Heart Disease Risk Later
- Study Tallies Economic Fallout From Workers' Heart Attacks
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Gene-Tweaked Tomatoes, Probiotics Aim to Lower Your Cholesterol
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetic Heart Patients: Study
- Losing Weight May Lower Cardiac Risks
- Women, Young Adults Misinterpret Chest Pain: Study
- Stem Cells From Donor May Help Heal Heart
- Good Cholesterol Infusion May Help Unclog Arteries
- Multivitamins Do Not Prevent Heart Disease
- ADHD Drugs Didn't Raise Heart Risks for Kids, Study Finds
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Device Offers Hope for Battery-Free Pacemakers
- Controversial Alternative Heart Treatment Shows Hint of Benefit
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Fast-Food Breakfast Sandwiches May Slow Down Blood Flow: Study
- Study: No Long-Term Heart Risks From Breast Radiation
- Smoking Bans Reduce Hospitalizations: Study
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Harvest Season Can Be Hazardous for Farmers
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Smokers at Higher Risk of Another Stroke: Study
- How Much Caffeine Is in Your Energy Drink?
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Does Sleep Apnea Offer Some Protection During Heart Attack?
- FDA: 5 Death Reports for Monster Energy Drink
- Health Tip: Signs of Heart Attack in Women
- Nationwide Study Examines Common Heart Procedures
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- Surgery May Spur Rise in Heart Deaths After Cancer Diagnosis: Study
- Many Older Heart Attack Survivors Don't Stick With Meds
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- State Regulations Tied to Drop in Common Heart Procedure
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts
- New Clue to Predict Diseases in Women?
- Study: Blood Tests for Inflammation Could Help Prevent Heart Attack, Stroke
- Aspirin May Help Preserve Brain Function in Older Women With Heart Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to More Blood Clots
- Antioxidants May Lower Risk of Heart Attack in Women: Study
- Year of Taking Risky Blood Thinners May Be Unnecessary After Stent Surgery
- Study Assesses Blood Thinner Use After Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Health Tip: What's a Heart-Healthy Diet?
- Traffic May Keep City Dwellers Awake, Harming Health
- Fish Oil Fizzles for Fighting Heart Attack, Stroke
- Heavy Drinkers at Greater Risk for Stroke
- Common Painkillers May Be Risky After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't Safe Either
- More Adults Report Getting Cholesterol Tested
- Non-Alcoholic Red Wine May Boost Heart Health
- Millions of Americans Have Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure: CDC
- Many Heart Attacks May Go Unrecognized in Seniors
- Longer Resuscitation After Cardiac Arrest May Be Warranted, Study Suggests
- It's Possible to Be Obese and Heart-Healthy: Studies
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Heart Attacks, Strokes Jumped After Japan Earthquake, Study Finds
- Healthy Living in Old Age Can Add 6 Years to Life
- Stress Linked to Stroke
- Early Stenting Best for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Missed Diagnoses in ICU Often Have Deadly Results: Review
- New Test Helps Decide if Heart Patient Needs Stent
- 2 Common Blood Pressure Meds Fare Equally in Preventing Heart Woes
- Statin Use Tied to Possible Boost in Cataract Risk
- New Blood Thinner Effient No Better Than Plavix at Preventing Heart Trouble: Study
- Partner Depression Common After Heart Attack
- Newer Drug-Releasing Stent Cuts Chances of Cardiac Events: Study
- Which Heart Risk Test Rated Best?
- Rosie O'Donnell's Heart Attack: Know Your Symptoms
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Close Relative's Early Death May Raise Your Heart Risk: Study
- Some Psoriasis Therapies May Cut Heart Attack Risk
- Blood Type May Impact Heart Risk
- Strategy May Help ER Docs Spot Heart Attacks Within an Hour
- Daily Aspirin May Reduce Risk of Cancer Death
- Statin Diabetes Risk Limited to Those at High Risk
- Underinsured Heart Disease Patients Die Sooner, Study Finds
- Less Invasive Surgery Safe for Harvesting Bypass Veins: Study
- Health Tip: Managing Workplace Stress
- Task Force Updates EKG Recommendations
- Study: PSA Testing Cuts Worst Prostate Cancers
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
- High-Tech CT Scan May Get People With Chest Pain Home Faster
- Fish Oil Doesn't Lower Heart Risk in Diabetics
- Physical Ailments Take Toll on Mental Health: Study
- Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries Linked to Heart Attacks
- Many Medicaid Patients Skip Drugs That Could Prevent Heart Trouble
- Vitamin D May Delay Deterioration of Smokers' Lungs: Study
- Can a Woman's Job Raise Her Heart Attack Risk?
- FDA Approves Diet Drug Qsymia
- Guidelines Issued for New Blood Thinner Brilinta
- High Blood Pressure May Protect Some Frail Elderly: Study
- Post-Op Delirium's Toll on Mental Function May Linger: Study
- No Health Risk When Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse Blood: Study
- Half of Heart Patients Make Medication Errors
- Hot Flashes Don't Signal Poor Heart Health for Most Women: Study
- Small Babies Can Be Sign of Heart Problems in Mother
- Newer 'Second-Line' Diabetes Drug May Outperform Older Meds
- Coffee in Moderation May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- Health Highlights: June 22, 2012
- FDA Rejects New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Health Highlights: June 21, 2012
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- PTSD Unrecognized Risk Among Heart Attack Patients
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Heart Risk 7 Years Later: Study
- Kidney Disease May Be as Harmful to Heart as Heart Attack: Study
- Study: Heart Attack, Stroke Risk Low with Birth Control Pills
- Fish Oil Won't Save Diabetics' Hearts, Research Suggests
- Diabetes Drugs Avandia, Actos Linked to Vision Woes
- Stem Cells Behind Clogged Arteries, Mouse Study Reveals
- More Proof That Healthy Habits Fight Disease
- Statewide Program Improved Heart-Attack Survival: Study
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful?
- Will Dark Chocolate a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
- Chagas Disease FAQ
- Personalized Blood Pressure Therapy May Help Diabetics
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Regional Systems to Treat Severe Heart Attack Increasing
- Study Spots Early Warning Signal for Sudden Cardiac Death
- Aspirin May Prevent Recurrence of Deep Vein Blood Clots
- Calcium Supplements May Raise Heart Attack Risk
- Scientists Turn Skin Cells Into Cardiac Cells to Help Failing Hearts
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- FDA Approves Generic Versions of Plavix
- Raising HDL Levels May Not Lower Heart Attack Risk
- Are Post-Angioplasty Stress Tests Unnecessary?
- Plavix's New Generic Status Could Be Boon for Patients
- U.S. Task Force Issues Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Secondhand Smoke May Harm Heart Function
- Sex After Heart Attack? Doc's OK May Be Key
- Lifesaving Defibrillators Often Not Nearby When Needed
- Blacks Less Likely to Get Help on Scene After Cardiac Arrest: Study
- Availability of Beds, Poverty Drive Costly Hospital Readmissions
- Angioplasty May Be Risky for Those With Poor Leg Circulation
- Living Near Major Roads May Shorten Heart Attack Survival
- Is Workout Supplement Ingredient DMAA Safe?
- Scientists Spot How Cox-2 Painkillers Raise Heart Risks
- Heart Attack Survival Varies Widely Among Hospitals, Study Finds
- Tasers Can Trigger Fatal Heart Trouble: Study
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- Mental Stress May Be Harder on Women's Hearts
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Health Highlights: April 19, 2012
- Study Pinpoints New Abnormality in 'Athlete's Heart'
- Exercise May Help Patients With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Researchers Repair Damage Caused by Heart Attacks in Mice
- Optimism Might Cut Your Risk for Heart Attack
- Obesity's Health Costs Double Earlier Estimates
- Sibling Had a Stroke? Your Risk Might Rise, Too
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis
- Omega-3 Supplements No Help Against Repeat Heart Trouble: Review
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Summer Temperature Swings May Harm Elderly
- Study Supports CPR Chest Compressions for Cardiac Arrest
- FDA Adds More Warnings to Antidepressant's Label
- Antipsychotic Drugs Might Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Pay-for-Performance Hospitals Don't Offer Better Care: Study
- Cardiac Cocktail Delivered by Paramedics May Save Lives
- Defibrillator Implantation May Be Riskier for Underweight Patients
- Community Hospitals Safe for Angioplasty: Study
- Widespread CPR Training Could Boost Heart Attack Survival Rates
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Moderate Drinking Helps Men After Heart Attack?
- Health Highlights: March 26, 2012
- CT Scans Can Spot Heart Trouble Fast
- Clot-buster Drug Injection Might Help Some Heart Attack Patients
- Bypass Surgery May Be Better Than Angioplasty for Seniors
- Low-Dose Daily Aspirin Enough to Help Heart Attack Patients: Study
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Test May Spot Heart Attacks Before They Happen
- Adrenaline Therapy for Cardiac Arrest Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Daily Aspirin May Help Prevent and Treat Cancer
- Psoriasis Patients May Face Higher Heart Risk
- Depression Tied to Earlier Death in Heart Patients
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- Anti-Smoking Efforts Saved 795,000 Lives Over 25 Years: Study
- Having Small Babies May Raise Heart Risk in Moms
- Higher Spending Tied to Better Outcomes in Ontario Hospitals
- Married Heart Surgery Patients Live Longer
- 1 Sugary Drink a Day May Raise Heart Risk
- EKG Testing May Spot Fatal Heart Conditions in Children
- Lost Hour of Sleep Over Weekend May Put Heart at Risk Monday
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Combining Heart Valve Repair With Bypass May Be Worthwhile
- Stents Overused in Stable Heart Patients
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Hospitals Ranked for Emergency Medicine Quality
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Weight Loss Pill Qnexa
- Aspirin as Good as Plavix for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Health Highlights: Feb. 16, 2012
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Even a Little Air Pollution Raises Heart Attack Risk
- No Cancer Benefit From Vitamin B, Omega-3 Supplements in Heart Patients
- Scarred Hearts Healed After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Before You Start an Exercise Program
- Certain Cancer Drugs May Have Fatal Side Effects: Analysis
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Study: Stents as Good as Surgery at Keeping Neck Arteries Open
- Statins Equally Effective in Women and Men
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke May Be Underestimated
- Sex OK for Many Heart Patients, Docs Say
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Women Suffer From Sleep Apnea, Raised Heart Risks, Too
- Aspirin Therapy for Heart Disease, Stroke Prevention Not for Everyone
- Cardiac Arrest Risk Low in Marathons, Study Finds
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Health Tip: Spot the Symptoms of Heart Attack
- Car, TV Ownership Tied to Higher Risk for Heart Attack
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- New Blood Thinner Linked To Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Grief May Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Statins May Raise Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Could Daily Aspirin Harm Seniors' Eyes?
- U.S. Heart Attack Patients Readmitted Most Often: Study
- Weight Loss Surgery May Prevent Heart-Related Deaths
- Doubt Cast on Use of Genetic Test Before Plavix
- Health Highlights: Dec. 28, 2011
- Sensitive Blood Test Rules Out Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- Health Highlights: Dec. 20, 2011
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- Are the Benefits of Vitamin D Overhyped?
- Midlife Blood Pressure Predicts Future Heart Risk
- Snow Shoveling Really Does Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Study Finds Fewer Blood Transfusions Needed After Hip Surgeries
- Angioplasty Safe at Hospitals Without On-Site Surgery: Review
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- ADHD Drugs Not Linked to Increased Heart Risk in Adults
- Avastin Boosted Survival for Type of Aggressive Breast Cancer: Study
- Some Fish Oil Supplements Fishy on Quality
- FDA Panels to Weigh Safety of Newer Forms of the 'Pill'
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Heart Attack Severity May Depend on Time of Day
- Childbirth May Cut Women's Heart Disease Risk
- Merck to Pay $950M to Settle Probe of Vioxx Marketing
- FDA Rejects Avastin for Breast Cancer
- Getting Your Teeth Cleaned May Help Your Heart
- Women More Prone to 'Broken Heart' Syndrome: Study
- High Uric Acid Linked to Both Gout and Diabetes
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Light Drinking Over Time May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- ADHD Drugs Likely Do Not Boost Heart Risk
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- FDA: Chantix Benefits Still Outweigh the Risks
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Tied to Higher Risk of Post-Op Blood Clots
- Diet May Cut Heart Risk Due to 'Bad' Genes
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Heart Attack Complications More Likely for Women Smokers
- Children's Chest Pain Rarely Cause for Alarm: Study
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Hot Flashes Linked to Higher Cholesterol
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- FDA Panel Unclear on Osteoporosis Drug Labels
- Anger, Stress May Provoke Heart Attacks
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Shorter Plavix Treatment May Be Equally Effective
- New Drug Boosts 'Good' Cholesterol
- Quicker Angioplasty Times for Heart Attack Patients
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Gene Discovery Could Lead to New Stroke Treatments
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Simple Sugar May Speed Heart Attack Recovery
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Study: Chantix May Be Linked to Heart Risk
- Diet, Metformin Cut Medical Cost for Prediabetes Patients
- Metformin: Safer for Heart Than Older Diabetes Drugs?
- New Insulin May Treat Dangerously Low Blood Sugar
- FDA: New Warning for Procrit, Epogen, Aranesp
- FDA: Chantix Linked to Heart Attack in People With Heart Disease
- Lung Protein May Predict Heart Risk
- Smoking Raises Risk of Peripheral Artery Disease
- Coumadin Recalled Over Potency Concern
- Avastin as Good as Lucentis for AMD Treatment
- Heart Attacks in the Morning Are More Severe
- Death Rate Declines for Americans With Hypertension
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- Estrogen-Only HRT Not So Risky in 50s
- Moms May Pass Hypertension Risk to Kids
- Dueling 'Best Hospital' Ratings
- Procedure May Lower Hard-to-Treat Hypertension
- 'Mini-Strokes' May Increase Risk of Heart Attack
- Diabetes Drug Actos May Also Help Prediabetes
- Cocoa Rich in Health Benefits
- Exercise, Sex Can Boost Heart Attack Risk
- For Multiple Heart Blockages, Bypass Surgery or Stents?
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- Collaborative Care for Depression Has Heart Benefit
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Nitroglycerin May Increase Bone Density
- Do You Know When NOT to Call 911?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Stroke Takes a Toll on Hollywood Stars
- Many in U.S. Get Unneeded Heart Screening Tests
- Football Losses Raise Heart Attack Risk
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- FDA Won't Approve Weight Loss Drug Contrave
- New Debate on C-Reactive Protein Test and Statins
- Heart Benefits for Women Who Cut Hypertension
- Snow Shoveling Injures Thousands Each Year
- 2 Genes May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- FDA Moves to Pull Avastin Breast Cancer Approval
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Mercury in Tuna Still a Concern, Consumer Reports Says
- Pill Cuts Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Many With Heart Attack Symptoms Delay Care
- Smoking Raises Surgery Risks
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Coffee and Your Health
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Diabetes Drugs to Get Heart Failure Risk Warning
- Aspirin Therapy
- Aspirin FAQ
- Calcium Supplements: What To Look For
- Salt: How To Eat Less Salt and Sodium
- Trans Fats...The Deadly Fat
- Heart Attack Specific References
- Depression Caused by Chronic Illnesses
- Diet: Low Fat Diets
- Heart Healthy Guidelines
- Chinese Diet Pills Dangerous
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- Women and Smoking, Killer Combination
- Palm Test For Skin Cholesterol
- Nutrition Low Cholesterol: Daily Food Guide, Milk, Yogurt, Cheese
- Counterfeit Lipitor Beware
- Women With Diabetes Greater Risk of Heart Disease
- Cypher Coronary Stent Alert
- Trans Fat Now On labels
- CHD Risk Estimated?
- Cholesterol Quiz - How to Lower Levels
- Physical Activity and Heart Disease Quiz
- Lower Your Cholesterol - Get Physical!
- Public Health - Top Ten Achievements Of The Century!
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- FDA Makes Statement on Naproxen (Aleve)
- Smoking in Men