Trending Heart Topics
Congestive heart failure (CHF) is caused by diseases (for example, heart disease, high blood pressure). Symptoms of CHF include fatigue, edema, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, and more. Treatments include lifestyle modifications, medications, heart transplant, and therapy.
Watch this slideshow of heart disease covering symptoms to watch for, diagnostic tests, treatments, and prevention strategies.
Related Disease Conditions
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
An arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. With an arrhythmia, the heartbeats may be irregular or too slow (bradycardia), to...
Atherosclerosis and Erectile Dysfunction
Second Source article from WebMD...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) affects many people today. Many people with HCM have no symptoms or only minor symptoms, and...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
Echocardiogram is a test using ultrasound to provide pictures of the heart's valves and chambers. There are several types of...
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...
Endocarditis, a serious infection of one of the four heart valves is caused by growth of bacteria on one of the heart valves;...
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
12 Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Disease Treatment in Women
Heart disease treatment in women should take into account female-specific guidelines that were developed by the American Heart...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Second Source article from Government...
Heart Murmur (Symptoms, Sounds, Causes, Life Expectancy)
A heart murmur is the sound generated when blood flow within the heart is not smooth. Causes of heart murmurs can be functional,...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease occurs when the heart valves do not work the way they should. Symptoms of valve disease include shortness of...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle and can be caused by a variety of infections, conditions, and viruses....
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Porphyria is a group of disorders that affect the nervous system, skin, or both. Porphyria is often an inherited condition that...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Stroke vs Aneurysm (Differences and Similarities)
A stroke or "brain attack" is caused because blood flow to an area of the brain has been cut off by a blood clot or by a weakened...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Vascular disease includes any condition that affects your circulatory system. Vascular disease ranges from diseases of your...
Ventricular Septal Defect
A ventricular septal defect (VSD) is a congenital heart malformation. A VSD is a hole in the wall of the heart's two lower...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Williams syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects many parts of the body. Signs, symptoms, characteristics and...
Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is a condition in which abnormal electrical pathways in the heart cause arrhythmias. Symptoms of...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Aorta
The aorta is the largest artery in the body. See a picture of the Aorta and learn more about the health topic....
Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments of the common heart abnormality known as atrial fibrillation (A-fib)....
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Afib Treatment
Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm. Atrial fibrillation or AF can lead to serious heart...
Picture of Balloon Angioplasty
Coronary angioplasty is accomplished using a balloon-tipped catheter inserted through an artery in the groin or arm to enlarge...
Picture of Blood Clot
Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic....
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE) Quiz
Take the Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism Quiz to learn causes, symptoms, and treatments for these two dangerous...
DVT in Pictures: Symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis, Beyond Leg Pain and More
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a dangerous and sometimes fatal blood clot that occurs deep within the lower leg or thigh....
Foot Health: Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles
Swollen feet and ankles may be associated with conditions like pregnancy, injury, heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease,...
Picture of Heart Catheter
Catheter procedures are much easier than surgery on patients because they involve only a needle puncture in the skin where the...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Heart Failure Quiz
What is heart failure? Learn about this dangerous condition, as well as who is at risk, and what to do about it....
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib): Tips for Living with Atrial Fibrillation
What is atrial fibrillation? Learn how to making living with atrial fibrillation (AFib) easier. Explore tips that can help you...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Picture of Pericardial Sac
A conical sac of fibrous tissue which surrounds the heart and the roots of the great blood vessels. See a picture of Pericardial...
Picture of Pitting Edema
Observable swelling of body tissues due to fluid accumulation that may be demonstrated by applying pressure to the swollen area...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
Sudden Cardiac Arrest - Test Your Heart Health IQ
Take the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Quiz. Learning about this potentially deadly condition may save a life....
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Ablation Therapy for Arrhythmias
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Chest X-Ray
- Coronary Angiogram
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Heart CT Scan
- Electrophysiology Test
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Lead Extraction
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Disease Surgery
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Myocardial Biopsy
- Tilt -Table Test
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial Flutter
- Blood Clot
- Chest Pain
- Cold Hands
- Enlarged Heart
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Attack in Men
- Heart Attack in Women
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
- Tightness in Chest
- Stroke: Recognizing a Stroke - Three Commands for the Victim
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Aneurysms - Frequently Asked Questions
- Angina Diagnosis
- Angina Symptoms
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Aortic Aneurysm Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- What Is Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease?
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Beta Blockers May Decrease Heart Complications Of Surgery
- Beta Carotene Supplements Not the Answer for Cancer or Heart Disease
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve treatment
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Doctors Dialogue
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Durability issues
- Bicuspid aortic valve: Early symptoms
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Mechanical valve
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- How Pie Prevents Blood Clots
- Can You Cough to Give Yourself CPR?
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Causes of Palpitations
- Cilostazol: New Claudication Drug
- Clinton Headed to Heart Surgery
- Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms
- Congestive Heart Failure Treatment
- CPR: Just Chest Compressions, Mouth-to-Mouth Not Necessary
- CPR Guidelines
- Diagnosis of BAV
- Will My Diet Slip Increase the Risk of Heart Attack?
- Do Women Have Different Heart Attack Symptoms?
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- Heart Atrial Fibrillation - Bill Bradley
- Heart Attack Earthquake Stress Increases, Fiber Intake Decreases
- Heart Attack - New Blood Test For Earlier Accurate Diagnosis
- Heart Attacks caused by Infections?
- What vitamins lower homocysteine levels?
- Any promising measures that may prevent heart attacks?
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Heart Attack Risk and Medicated Stents
- Heart Disease Risks Reduced With Running
- Heart Disease & Stroke - Progress
- Heart Disease - Lessons Learned From Pitcher's Early Death
- Heart Disease In Women
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- Heart Disease Risk and C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Heart Failure ... Old Drug, New Therapy
- Heart Failure: What Killed George Carlin?
- Heart Health- Little Aspirin A Day Stops Big Heart Attack!
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Higher Chance of Blood Clots Forming?
- How Do You Check for Congestive Heart Failure?
- How Serious Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- Ibuprofen May Block Aspirin's Heart Benefits
- Is Aortic Aneurysm Hereditary?
- Is It a Stroke or a TIA (Mini Stroke)?
- Is Red Meat Bad for Your Heart?
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- What What Does Code Blue, Code Black, and Code Red Mean?
- Mr. Cheney's Chest Pain - And Heart Attack
- What Is Magnetic Resonance Angiogram?
- Pacemaker - Cellular Phones Can Cause Problems
- Pacemakers Affected by Metal Detectors
- Pacemakers Prevent Form of Fainting - Vasovagal Syncope
- Palpitations Treatment
- Proven measures to prevent heart attacks and strokes?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Quiine For Leg Cramps?
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Stents Make Big Splash
- Stents: The New Coated Stents - What's The Story?
- Stroke Symptoms
- Stroke Treatment
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- Symptoms later in life BAV
- TIA (Mini Stroke) Symptoms: A Trip to the ER
- tissue valve and taking aspirin?
- Translating Medical Research - Preventing Sudden Heart Death
- What Is the Treatment For Enlarged Left Ventricle?
- What Is Pericardial Fat?
- Whitney Houston's Death: What Is Atherosclerosis
Medications & Supplements
- Diamox, Diamox Sequels (acetazolamide)
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- amiodarone, Cordarone, Nextrone, Pacerone
- amlodipine, Norvasc
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- apixaban (Eliquis)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- atorvastatin (Lipitor) vs. simvastatin (Zocor)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- bepridil (Vascor, Bepadin - Discontinued)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- carvedilol (Coreg, Coreg CR)
- cilostazol, Pletal
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Congestive Heart Failure Medications
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- dalteparin (Injection; Fragmin)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- dopamine (hydrochloride; Intropin - Discontinued in the US)
- Lovenox (enoxaparin)
- evening primrose oil
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- idarucizumab (Praxbind)
- isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil Titradose, Dilatrate-SR, Isochron)
- isosorbide mononitrate, Imdur, Ismo, Monoket
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- lovastatin vs. simvastatin
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- midodrine (Orvaten, ProAmatine)
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- nifedipine, Adalat (discontinued brand), Procardia, Afeditab, Nifediac
- Nitrates (Medication)
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- pentoxifylline, Trental, Pentoxil
- potassium chloride; K-Dur, KLor Con, K-Tab, Kaon CL, Klorvess, Slow-K, Ten-K, Klotrix, K-Lyte CL
- procainamide, Pronestyl; Procan-SR; Procanbid (These brands no longer are available in the U.S.)
- propafenone (Rythmol, Rythmol SR)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- quinapril, Accupril
- quinidine (Discontinued Brands: Cardioquine, Cin-Quin, Duraquin, Quinidex, Quinora, Quinact)
- ramipril, Altace
- rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Zocor (simvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- ticlopidine, Ticlid (discontinued brand in the US)
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- 'Hole in Heart' Defect May Raise Stroke Risk After Surgery
- 'Hot' Yoga Is No Better for Your Heart: Study
- 'Jeopardy!' Host Recuperating From Removal of Clots in Brain
- 1 in 3 Americans May Have Had Warning Stroke Without Knowing It
- 9/11 Survivors More Likely to Have Heart, Lung Diseases
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- A Teen Mom's Stress May Harm Her Heart
- A-Fib Hits Men Earlier Than Women
- Hey, Single Folk: Adopting a Dog Could Lengthen Your Life
- After Heart Attack, Just 1 in 3 Go for Rehab: CDC
- Air Purifiers May Help the Smog-Stressed Heart
- An Aging Heart May Weaken Memory
- Anabolic Steroids May Tax the Heart
- Angela Bassett Puts the Spotlight on Heart Health
- Angioplasty Outcomes Almost Equal Among Hospitals
- Are Many A-Fib Patients Getting the Wrong Dose?
- Are Stroke Patients Skipping Rehab?
- Are Women's Hearts More Vulnerable to Stress?
- Are Artery-Opening Stents for Chest Pain a Waste of Time?
- As Temperatures Fall, Heart Attacks May Rise
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- As Years Spent Obese Rise, So Do Heart Dangers
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- Astronauts' Blood Vessels Less Efficient on Long Missions: Study
- Australian Nurse Treats, Survives His Own Heart Attack
- Avoiding Alcohol Helps the Heart Beat Better
- Baby Born With Heart Outside Body Recovering After Surgeries
- Baseball Great Rod Carew Owes His Life to NFL Player's Transplanted Organs
- Better Treatment Might Prevent Hundreds of Thousands of Strokes
- Binge-Watchers, Beware: Long TV Time Poses Clot Risk
- Blacks May Face Higher Stroke Risk From AFib
- For Women, Blocked Arteries Not the Only Trigger for Heart Attacks
- Blood Test May Gauge Death Risk After Surgery
- Blood Thinners Can Come With Dangerous Side Effects
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia in Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- Your Blood Type May Determine How Smog Affects Your Heart
- Blood Vessel-Clearing Procedure Riskier on Weekends: Study
- Body Cooling May Help Brain After Cardiac Arrest
- This Body Shape Can Raise Women's Heart Attack Risk
- Booze Boosts Your Heart Rate
- Bystander CPR Not Only Saves Lives, It Lessens Disability: Study
- Bystander Use of Defib Device Doubles Chances of Surviving Cardiac Arrest
- Calcium in Arteries May Best Predict Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Can Babies Help Heart Patients?
- Can Deportation Fears Hurt the Heart?
- Can Experimental Nasal Spray Treat Common Heart Problem?
- Can Scrotal Vein Condition Hike Heart Risks?
- Can Stem Cell 'Patch' Help Heart Failure?
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- Can You Be Obese But Heart-Healthy? Study Says No
- Cardiac Arrest Rare in Young Athletes But Tough to Predict
- When Heart Stops Beating, Survival Better at Specialized Heart Centers
- Cardiac Arrest? Someday, Drones May Come to Your Rescue
- Early Care by Cardiologist May Lower Stroke Risk for A-Fib Patients
- Will Certain Foods Bolster Brain Health After Stroke?
- Chances of Successful CPR Dwindle as Seniors Age
- Childhood Poverty May Predict Heart Failure in Adulthood
- Childhood Trauma May Harm the Heart Decades Later
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Cirrhosis Could Raise Stroke Risk
- Powerful Clot-Busting Drugs Not Useful After Leg Blockages: Study
- Common Painkillers Tied to Slight Rise in Heart Attack Risk
- Conflicting Statin Guidelines Leave Millions in 'Gray Zone'
- Could a Blood Thinner Actually Raise Stroke Risk for Some?
- Could Hackers Target Heart Devices?
- Could Skipping Breakfast Feed Heart Disease?
- Could Your Coffee Habit Lengthen Your Life?
- CPAP Mask Not a Prescription for Heart Troubles
- Crash Diets Might Derail Your Heart Health
- CT Scans Might Help Gauge Heart Attack Risk
- Cutting Co-Pays Helps Heart Patients Take Their Meds
- Daily Aspirin Can Bring Heart Benefits, But Risks Too
- Could a Daily Vitamin Curb Smog's Effect on the Heart?
- Death Risk From Triathlons May Be Higher Than Thought
- Defibrillator-in-a-Vest May Help Heart Attack Survivors
- Younger People With Diabetes Have 7 Times Greater Risk of Sudden Heart Death
- Delays in Diagnosis Hurt Women Who Have Heart Disease
- Do E-Cigarettes Damage Blood Vessels?
- Do Receding Hairlines Mean Receding Heart Health in Men?
- Does Sex Really Trigger Cardiac Arrest?
- Don't Bank on Heart-Rate Accuracy From Your Activity Tracker
- Don't Count on an American to Do CPR
- Drug May Fight Heart Disease in Whole New Way
- Motor On, Heart Patients: Electric Cars Don't Harm Cardiac Implants
- Energy Drinks May Make Rare Heart Condition More Dangerous
- Energy Drinks May Give the Heart an Unhealthy Jolt
- Even Hidden Flu May Trigger Trouble After Heart Surgery
- Even Non-Heart Surgery May Harm Your Heart
- Exercise and Vitamin D: A Heart-Healthy Combo
- Fast Heart Attack Care Now the Norm in U.S. Hospitals: Study
- Fatal First-Time Heart Attacks More Common in Blacks: Study
- FDA Warns Heart Patients About Antibiotic Clarithromycin
- Less Than Half of U.S. Stroke Patients Get Rx for Statins
- Too Few Women, Docs Understand Dangers of Heart Disease
- Fewer Americans Hospitalized for Heart Failure
- Fewer Heart Failure Patients Dying of Cardiac Arrest
- Fewer U.S. Dollars Spent on Cardiac Arrest Research: Study
- Fish Oil Supplements May Not Help Your Heart: Study
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- Flu Shot a Lifesaver for Heart Failure Patients
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- For Firefighters, Another Danger: The Heart
- Fruits, Veggies May Benefit Your Legs, Too
- Genetic Testing May Help Make Blood Thinner Safer
- Head Position May Not Affect Outcome After Stroke
- Health Tip: Coping With Hardening of the Arteries
- Health Tip: Performing CPR
- Health Tip: Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Health Tip: What's Healthy Blood Pressure?
- Healthy Heart in 20s, Better Brain in 40s?
- Healthy Heart in Middle Age Delivers Big Dividends
- Heart Attack Risk Spikes After Respiratory Infection, Study Finds
- Heart Attack Survival Better When Specialists Are Out of Town
- Study Weighs Heart Danger of Antibiotics for Older Women
- Heart Defects May Raise Odds for Dementia
- Heart Devices 101: Guide to the Tools That Keep You Ticking
- Health Tip: Heart Disease Risk Factors You Can Control
- Advances Against Heart Disease Haven't Reached America's Poor: Studies
- Heart Disease the No. 1 Killer Worldwide
- Heart Disease, Stroke Cutting Black Lives Short
- Heart Disease: A Price Humans Pay for Fertility?
- Heart Failure Patients Do Better When Sticking With Same Hospital
- Heart Failure, Job Loss May Be Deadly Combo
- Major Heart Group Says Doctor-Patient Talks Are Key
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Heart Risk Up if Hospitalized for Pneumonia or Sepsis
- Heart Risks May Rise After Cancer Diagnosis
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- High-Dose Vitamin D Failed to Curb Heart Disease in Study
- Hockey Viewers' Hearts May Pay a Penalty
- Horse Therapy Could Rein In Stroke's Damage Years Later
- How a Bite of a Hot Dog Threatened and Saved a Boy's Life
- How to Protect Against Heart Disease
- Implantable Defibrillator May Not Mean End to Sports
- Impotence Among Heart Patients Not the Fault of Meds, Study Finds
- Iron Pills No Help for Certain Type of Heart Failure
- Is Low-Dose Aspirin Right for You After Surgery?
- Is Meth Use Destroying Vets' Hearts?
- Is Shingles Tied to Heart, Stroke Risk?
- Is Successful Heart Surgery All in the Timing?
- It's Snakes to the Rescue for Heart Patients
- Jimmy Kimmel Reveals Newborn Son's Heart Condition
- Just 17 U.S. States Require Defibrillators in Some Schools
- Just a 'Social Smoker'? Toll on Your Health Still High
- Keep Working to Protect Your Brain After a Mild Stroke
- Keys to Heart Disease Care: Communication and Trust
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Kidney Disease a Big Contributor to Heart-Related Deaths: Study
- Leg Pain When Walking: Talk to Your Doctor
- Life in Poor Neighborhoods Is Hard on the Heart
- Study Challenges Touted Link Between Eczema and Heart Disease
- Magnetic Heart Pump Cuts Risk of Blood Clots, Stroke in Study
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Male Triathletes May Be Harming Their Hearts
- Many Heart Attack Patients Fail to Stick With Statins
- Many NFL Players Found to Have Enlarged Aortas
- Many Stroke Survivors Don't Improve Health Habits
- Many Women Miss Out on Lifesaving CPR
- Marathon Runs Won't Harm Your Arteries
- Marriage a Blessing for Heart Attack Patients
- Marriage May Make Heart Disease a Little Less Dangerous
- Measuring 30-Day Death Risk in Heart Failure Patients
- Mechanical Heart Valve Approved for Newborns
- Mechanical Heart Valve Noise May Mean Sleepless Nights
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Lower Heart Disease Risk
- Meds Rooted in Ancient China May Help Heart: Review
- Meth Abuse Could Up Stroke Risk in Younger Users
- Meth Addicts' Hearts May Improve If They Quit
- Expanded Use of Clot-Removing Procedure Could Change Stroke Care
- More U.S. Airports Offer Hands-Only CPR Training
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- Take Heart, Coffee Lovers! Morning Joe May Help Your Ticker
- MRIs Safe With Older Pacemakers, Study Finds
- New 'Heat-Not-Burn' Cigarettes Harm Blood Vessels: Study
- New 'Patch' May Repair Damaged Hearts
- Could Newborn Heart Stem Cells Jump-Start Old Hearts?
- Newer Blood Thinners May Not Bring Higher Bleeding Risk
- Nighttime Airport Noise May Raise Heart Risks
- No Link Between Common Antibiotic, Irregular Heartbeat
- Noise May be Risk Factor for Heart Disease: Study
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Nurses Learn How to Get Patients to Say 'Yes' to Blood Thinners
- Obamacare May Have Slashed Cardiac Arrest Rate in Oregon
- Obesity Slows Recovery for Heart Surgery Patients: Study
- Oktoberfest Study Links Boozing to Heart Woes
- One Stroke Raises Risk for Another, Even Years Later: Study
- Only Smoke 1 Cigarette a Day? It Can Still Kill You
- Optimism Might Help You Handle Angina
- Study Spots Cause of Global Outbreak of Infections Tied to Heart Surgeries
- Big Outdoor Temperature Swings Tied to Heart Attack Risk
- Oxygen Therapy Doesn't Boost Heart Attack Survival
- Partner's Heart Pump Can Burden Their Caregiver
- Patient's Education Level May Be Key to Heart Risk
- People Aren't as Safe From Lead as Thought, Study Suggests
- Pill Combo May Do More to Reduce Stroke Risk
- 10 Factors to Predict Bleeding Risk in Stroke Survivors
- Stroke Risk Can Rise With Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Steep Price Hikes Led to Drop in Use of 2 Heart Drugs at U.S. Hospitals
- Pricey ER Tests for Chest Pain Often Unnecessary
- Procedure Beats Drugs for A-Fib With Heart Failure
- Protect Your Heart in Frigid Weather
- Pump Implants May Rejuvenate Heart Failure Patients
- Quickly Treating Mini-Stroke Can Cut Risk for Future Stroke
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- Racial Gap Narrows for Survival of Hospitalized Cardiac Arrest Patients
- 'Smart' Robot Technology Could Give Stroke Rehab a Boost
- Rock Legend Tom Petty Dies at 66
- Short as a Child, Stroke Risk as an Adult?
- Nursing Home Often Only Option for Single Men After Stroke
- Music, Video Help Sixth-Graders Master Hands-Only CPR
- Sleepless Nights Could Pose Heart Risk Dangers
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Speed Is Key When a Stroke Strikes
- Play It Smart: Stay in School for a Healthier Heart
- Stopping Aspirin Tied to Quick Rise in Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Stopping Statins After Stroke May Raise Risk of Another
- Stretching Eases Pain of Vessel Disease in Legs
- Stroke Rates Drop for U.S. Men, But Not Women
- Stroke Risk Factors Are Rising
- Stroke Takes Greater Toll on One Group of Americans
- Sugary Drinks Could Break Your Heart
- Sugary Sodas Linked Again to Increased Heart Risks
- Exercisers May Have Better Shot of Surviving Heart Attack
- Surviving Heart Attack Often Means Leaving Job Behind
- Tai Chi: A Gentler Way to Exercise for Ailing Hearts
- Taller, Bigger Women May Face Irregular Heartbeat Risk
- The Grayer His Hair, the Higher His Heart Risk?
- The Health Risks of Long Work Weeks
- The Heart Risks of a Desk Job
- There May Be a Big Medical Upside to Being Short
- This Mistake Can Cost Athletes' Lives in Cardiac Arrest
- Timing Is Everything With Heart Attacks
- Timing of Cardiac Arrest May Affect Survival
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Too Much TV Could Boost Your Odds for a Blood Clot
- Trans Fat Bans May Have Cut Heart Attack, Stroke Rate
- Trauma's Toll on a Woman's Heart
- Try This Diet to Lower Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Undiagnosed Heart Condition 'AFib' May Be Common, Study Suggests
- Uninsured Heart Patients Often Face Daunting Bills
- Uptick in U.S. Stroke Deaths Sets Off Alarms: CDC
- Viagra Won't Help, and May Harm, Patients With a Heart Valve Disorder
- Viagra Might Make for a Safer, More Effective Stent
- Virtual Reality: A Helping Hand After Stroke
- Vitamin D Supplements May Make Arteries Healthier
- Vitamin D3 May Benefit Heart Surgery Patients
- Want to Prevent Heart Disease? Go Nuts!
- What Harms the Young Heart Also Hurts the Brain Later
- Which Heart Bypass Surgery Works Best?
- Who Really Needs All Those Heart Tests?
- Will an E-Cigarette Harm Your Heart?
- Will Smoking Pot Harm Your Heart? Experts Weigh In
- With A-Fib, Urban Hospitals May Be a Better Bet
- Women Fare Poorly With Aortic Aneurysm: Study
- Women May Dismiss Subtle Warning Signs of Heart Disease
- Women Who Are Most at Risk of Stroke
- Workers Unprepared for Heart Emergencies on the Job: Survey
- Working Too Much Might Tip Heart Into Irregular Rhythm
- Years of Football Could Harm the Heart
- You're Less Likely to Get a Blood Transfusion Now
- What Younger Women Need to Know About Heart Disease
- How Your Thyroid Could Be Working Against Your Heart
- Aspirin Therapy
- Automatic External Defibrillators Recalled
- Carotid Artery - What Is It?
- CHD Risk Estimated?
- Cypher Coronary Stent Alert
- Exanta, New Anticoagulant Launched
- Heart Attack Specific References
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- Heart Biases That Can Kill
- Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Not Just a Guy Thing
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Heart Healthy Diet Tips
- Heart Healthy Guidelines
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- Heart-Failure Treatment by Device
- Heart: Do You Know Your Heart Numbers?
- Hope for the Heart: Advances in Treatment
- Manage Heart Failure With Lifestyle
- Minding Heart Disease
- Motorized Scooters - Injuries Climb
- Nutrition: Wine and Your Health
- Organ Transplantation Supply & Demand
- Pain in the Leg Warrants Attention
- Periodontal Disease and Heart Health
- Physical Activity and Heart Disease Quiz
- Preventing Winter Heart Attacks
- Women's Health: Silent Risk: Women and Heart Disease
- Heart attack: Silent Symptoms
- St. Anthony's Fire -- Ergotism
- Stents Save Coronaries, Not Lives
- Stroke Awareness
- Stroke: The Silent Killer
- Surgical Procedures: Going Under the Knife
- Heart: Too Old for a Bypass?
- Heart Failure: Turning to Drugs
- Wellness: 5 Steps to a Healthier Heart
- What's the Usefulness of CRP Testing?
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women's Heart Attacks: How They Differ
- Your Guide to Gum Disease Symptoms and Heart Disease