Trending Heart Topics
Congestive heart failure (CHF) is caused by diseases (for example, heart disease, high blood pressure). Symptoms of CHF include fatigue, edema, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, and more. Treatments include lifestyle modifications, medications, heart transplant, and therapy.
Watch this slideshow of heart disease covering symptoms to watch for, diagnostic tests, treatments, and prevention strategies.
Related Disease Conditions
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
An arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. With an arrhythmia, the heartbeats may be irregular or too slow (bradycardia), to...
Atherosclerosis and Erectile Dysfunction
Second Source article from WebMD...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment Drugs
Atrial fibrillation (also called Afib or Afib) is heart rhythm disorder that causes irregular, and often, a rapid heartbeat. The...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) affects many people today. Many people with HCM have no symptoms or only minor symptoms, and...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
DVT and Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot that has traveled deep into the veins of the arm, pelvis, or lower extremities. Oral...
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) During Pregnancy
Deep vein thrombosis or DVT is a condition in which a blood clot becomes embedded in one of the deep veins of the arms, thighs,...
Echocardiogram is a test using ultrasound to provide pictures of the heart's valves and chambers. There are several types of...
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...
Endocarditis, a serious infection of one of the four heart valves is caused by growth of bacteria on one of the heart valves;...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs in Women and Men
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Disease Treatment in Women
Heart disease treatment in women should take into account female-specific guidelines that were developed by the American Heart...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Second Source article from Government...
Heart Murmur in Newborns, Children, and Adults
A heart murmur is a heart problem that can occur, for example, during pregnancy or exercise, or it can be a symptom of serious...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease occurs when the heart valves do not work the way they should. Symptoms of valve disease include shortness of...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
High-Sensitivity Troponin Test
The high-sensitive troponin test can detect very low levels of troponin T in the blood. (There are three types of cardiac...
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle and can be caused by a variety of infections, conditions, and viruses....
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Porphyria is a group of disorders that affect the nervous system, skin, or both. Porphyria is often an inherited condition that...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Stroke vs Aneurysm (Differences and Similarities)
A stroke or "brain attack" is caused because blood flow to an area of the brain has been cut off by a blood clot or by a weakened...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
How Do You Fix Anemia?
Anemia describes a condition in which you have a low red blood cell count and low hemoglobin levels. This is a serious condition...
Vascular disease includes any condition that affects your circulatory system. Vascular disease ranges from diseases of your...
Ventricular Septal Defect
A ventricular septal defect (VSD) is a congenital heart malformation. A VSD is a hole in the wall of the heart's two lower...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Williams syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects many parts of the body. Signs, symptoms, characteristics and...
Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is a condition in which abnormal electrical pathways in the heart cause arrhythmias. Symptoms of...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Aorta
The aorta is the largest artery in the body. See a picture of the Aorta and learn more about the health topic....
Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments of the common heart abnormality known as atrial fibrillation (A-fib)....
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Afib Treatment
Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm. Atrial fibrillation or AF can lead to serious heart...
Picture of Balloon Angioplasty
Coronary angioplasty is accomplished using a balloon-tipped catheter inserted through an artery in the groin or arm to enlarge...
Picture of Blood Clot
Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic....
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE) Quiz
Take the Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism Quiz to learn causes, symptoms, and treatments for these two dangerous...
DVT in Pictures: Symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis, Beyond Leg Pain and More
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a dangerous and sometimes fatal blood clot that occurs deep within the lower leg or thigh....
Foot Health: Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles
Swollen feet and ankles may be associated with conditions like pregnancy, injury, heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease,...
Picture of Heart Catheter
Catheter procedures are much easier than surgery on patients because they involve only a needle puncture in the skin where the...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Heart Failure Quiz
What is heart failure? Learn about this dangerous condition, as well as who is at risk, and what to do about it....
Heart Health: What Causes Heart Palpitations?
Why does your heart race or skip a beat? Learn what causes heart palpitations and when to see your doctor....
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
High blood pressure puts you at risk for a number of other conditions. Here's what to look out for....
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib): Tips for Living with Atrial Fibrillation
What is atrial fibrillation? Learn how to making living with atrial fibrillation (AFib) easier. Explore tips that can help you...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Picture of Pericardial Sac
A conical sac of fibrous tissue which surrounds the heart and the roots of the great blood vessels. See a picture of Pericardial...
Picture of Pitting Edema
Observable swelling of body tissues due to fluid accumulation that may be demonstrated by applying pressure to the swollen area...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
Sudden Cardiac Arrest - Test Your Heart Health IQ
Take the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Quiz. Learning about this potentially deadly condition may save a life....
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Ablation Therapy for Arrhythmias
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Chest X-Ray
- Coronary Angiogram
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Echocardiogram (Echocardiography, Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasound)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Heart CT Scan
- Electrophysiology Test
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Lead Extraction
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Disease Surgery
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Myocardial Biopsy
- Tilt -Table Test
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial Flutter
- Blood Clot
- Chest Pain
- Cold Hands
- Enlarged Heart
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Attack in Men
- Heart Attack in Women
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
- Tightness in Chest
- Stroke: Recognizing a Stroke - Three Commands for the Victim
- Heart Attack - New Blood Test For Earlier Accurate Diagnosis
- Aneurysms - Frequently Asked Questions
- Angina Diagnosis
- Angina Symptoms
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Aortic Aneurysm Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- What Is Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease?
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Heart Disease & Stroke - Progress
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Beta Blockers May Decrease Heart Complications Of Surgery
- Beta Carotene Supplements Not the Answer for Cancer or Heart Disease
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve treatment
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Durability issues
- Bicuspid aortic valve: Early symptoms
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Mechanical valve
- How Pie Prevents Blood Clots
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Heart Attacks caused by Infections?
- Can You Cough to Give Yourself CPR?
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Heart Atrial Fibrillation - Bill Bradley
- Causes of Palpitations
- Cilostazol: New Claudication Drug
- Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms
- Congestive Heart Failure Treatment
- CPR: Just Chest Compressions, Mouth-to-Mouth Not Necessary
- CPR Guidelines
- Diagnosis of BAV
- Will My Diet Slip Increase the Risk of Heart Attack?
- Do Women Have Different Heart Attack Symptoms?
- Higher Chance of Blood Clots Forming?
- Heart Attack Earthquake Stress Increases, Fiber Intake Decreases
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- Heart Disease Risks Reduced With Running
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- Proven measures to prevent heart attacks and strokes?
- Heart Attack Risk and Medicated Stents
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Heart Disease In Women
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- Heart Disease Risk and C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Heart Disease - Lessons Learned From Pitcher's Early Death
- Heart Failure ... Old Drug, New Therapy
- Heart Failure: What Killed George Carlin?
- Heart Health- Little Aspirin A Day Stops Big Heart Attack!
- How Do You Check for Congestive Heart Failure?
- How Serious Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- Ibuprofen May Block Aspirin's Heart Benefits
- Is Aortic Aneurysm Hereditary?
- Is It a Stroke or a TIA (Mini Stroke)?
- Is Red Meat Bad for Your Heart?
- What What Does Code Blue, Code Black, and Code Red Mean?
- What Is Magnetic Resonance Angiogram?
- Pacemaker - Cellular Phones Can Cause Problems
- Pacemakers Affected by Metal Detectors
- Pacemakers Prevent Form of Fainting - Vasovagal Syncope
- Palpitations Treatment
- What Are The Side Effects Of Quinine For Leg Cramps?
- Any promising measures that may prevent heart attacks?
- Stents Make Big Splash
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Stroke Symptoms
- Stroke Treatment
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- TIA (Mini Stroke) Symptoms: A Trip to the ER
- tissue valve and taking aspirin?
- Translating Medical Research - Preventing Sudden Heart Death
- What Is the Treatment For Enlarged Left Ventricle?
- Symptoms later in life BAV
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Clinton Headed to Heart Surgery
- What Is Pericardial Fat?
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Doctors Dialogue
- Stents: The New Coated Stents - What's The Story?
- What vitamins lower homocysteine levels?
- Mr. Cheney's Chest Pain - And Heart Attack
- Whitney Houston's Death: What Is Atherosclerosis
Medications & Supplements
- Diamox (acetazolamide)
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- amiodarone, Cordarone, Nextrone, Pacerone
- amlodipine (Norvasc)
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- apixaban (Eliquis)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- atorvastatin (Lipitor) vs. simvastatin (Zocor)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- bepridil (Vascor, Bepadin - Discontinued)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- carvedilol (Coreg)
- cilostazol, Pletal
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Congestive Heart Failure Medications
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- dalteparin injection (Fragmin)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- dobutamine (injection; Dobutrex has been discontinued)
- dopamine (Intropin)
- Lovenox (enoxaparin)
- evening primrose oil
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- idarucizumab (Praxbind)
- isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil Titradose)
- isosorbide mononitrate, Imdur, Ismo, Monoket
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- lovastatin vs. simvastatin
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- midodrine (Orvaten, ProAmatine)
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat, Afeditab)
- Nitrates (Medication)
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- pentoxifylline, Trental, Pentoxil
- potassium chloride; K-Dur, KLor Con, K-Tab, Kaon CL, Klorvess, Slow-K, Ten-K, Klotrix, K-Lyte CL
- procainamide, Pronestyl; Procan-SR; Procanbid (These brands no longer are available in the U.S.)
- propafenone (Rythmol)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- quinapril, Accupril
- quinidine (Discontinued Brands: Cardioquine, Cin-Quin, Duraquin, Quinidex, Quinora, Quinact)
- ramipril (Altace)
- rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Zocor (simvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- ticlopidine, Ticlid (discontinued brand in the US)
- timolol (Blocadren and Timolide 10-25 have been discontinued)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Broken Heart Syndrome' Warrants Careful Monitoring
- 'Extreme' Exercise No Danger to Middle-Aged Hearts: Study
- 'Million Hearts' Project Aims to Prevent 1 Million Cardiac Crises
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Help the Heart, But Only If You Stick With It: Study
- 'Yo-Yo' Cardio Readings May Signal Heart Risks
- 1 in 4 People Over 25 Will Be Hit by Stroke
- 6 Steps for Promoting Heart Health in Women
- A Better Clot-Buster Drug for Strokes?
- AHA News: A Home Near 'Green Space' Could Cut Heart Attack Risk
- A Lonely Heart Poses a Big Health Risk
- A Single Energy Drink Might Harm Blood Vessels: Study
- A Weak Grip May Signal Future Health Trouble -- Even in Kids
- A-Fib Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Actor Luke Perry Dies of Stroke at Age 52
- AHA News: Actress Susan Lucci Thriving After Emergency Heart Procedure
- Add Heart Check to Annual Ob-Gyn Visit, Experts Say
- Adrenaline Shot Can Save Lives After Heart Stops, But at a Heavy Price
- Affected by the Valsartan Heart Drug Recall? Here's What to Do
- All That Overtime Could Be Killing You
- Amputation May Not Be Best Option for Severe Circulation Problems
- An Upbeat Attitude Might Help Prevent 2nd Stroke
- Another Opioid Scourge: Infection-Related Strokes
- Another Plus to Cardiac Rehab: Better Sex
- Another Wildfire Danger: Heart Attacks
- 'Antibiotic Envelopes' Could Cut Infections After Pacemaker Implant
- AHA News: Are Thrill-Seekers With Heart Conditions Courting Danger?
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Undergoes Emergency Heart Surgery
- As Younger Men's Smoking Rises, So Does Their Stroke Risk
- Aspirin, Fish Oil May Not Prevent Heart Trouble in Those Already at Risk
- Coming Soon: Battery-Free Pacemakers Powered by the Heart?
- AHA News: Belly Fat Ups Older Women's Heart Risks, Even Without Obesity
- Better Blood Test May Spot Heart Attack Faster
- Better Heart Care Saves U.S. Billions a Year, Study Finds
- Blacks Have Shorter Life Spans After Surviving Heart Stoppage: Study
- Blacks, Hispanics Suffer Second Bleeding Strokes More Often
- Blood Infection Sepsis Tied to Heart Attack, Stroke
- Strict Blood Pressure Control Could Help Make Stroke Care Safer
- Blood Test to Diagnose Heart Attacks May Not Be Foolproof
- Blood Thinning Drug May Be Safer Option Against Recurrent Stroke
- Booze Boosts Your Heart Rate
- Botox May Help Prevent Post-Op A-Fib
- Brief Morning Exercise Helps Ease Blood Pressure Throughout the Day
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetics With Heart Trouble: Study
- Bystanders Key to Cutting Cardiac Arrest Deaths
- Cardiac Defects in Baby Tied to Later Heart Trouble in Moms
- Chilly, Smoggy Days May Be Hazardous for Some Women's Hearts
- Coffee Safe for Many With Abnormal Heart Rhythms: Review
- Cold, Windy Days Can Strain the Heart
- Commuters: Pedal Your Way to Better Heart Health
- Could Coffee Perk Up Your Heart Health?
- Could Olive Oil Help Keep Stroke at Bay for Obese Americans?
- Could Time in a Sauna Lower Your Stroke Risk?
- Could Your Apple Watch Spot Dangerous A-Fib?
- CPR Not Always Given at Dialysis Clinics When Needed
- Daily Vaping Tied to Doubling of Heart Attack Risk
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Rise in A-Fib Hospitalizations
- Will a Defibrillator 'Vest' Protect Recent Heart Attack Patients?
- Depression, Money Woes Higher in Heart Patients With Job Loss
- Despite Big Heart Benefits, Far Too Many Skip Statins
- Device Might Be 'Game Changer' for Patients With Severe Heart Failure
- Could Diet Sodas Raise an Older Woman's Stroke Risk?
- Dirty Air Tied to Raised Risk of Strokes, Shorter Lives
- Discharge Day Won't Affect Heart Surgery Outcome: Study
- Docs Back Away From Low-Dose Aspirin for Heart Attack Prevention
- Could a Little Drinking Help Those With Heart Failure?
- Does Stroke Run in Your Family? Healthy Living Lowers the Risk
- Don't Overlook Heart Care After Cancer Diagnosis
- After 'Mini-Stroke,' Drug Combo Could Help Cut Odds for Major Attack
- E-Alerts Dramatically Cut Heart Attack Rate for People Hospitalized With A-Fib
- E-Cig Flavorings May Damage Lining of Blood Vessels
- Eat Fish Twice a Week to Ward Off Heart Disease, Experts Say
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- Electric Cars Don't Jolt Implanted Heart Devices: Study
- Even at Low Levels, Toxic Metals Put Heart at Serious Risk: Study
- Even High-Fat Dairy Might Be Good for You
- AHA News: Even 'Mild' Congenital Heart Disease Poses Risk Later in Life
- Even When Insured, Heart Disease Can Bankrupt Poor Families
- Everyday 'Triggers' May Bring on A-Fib Episodes, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Supplements Won't Help Your Heart
- Exercise Cuts Heart Risks, Regardless of Your Genes
- Expandable Heart Valves Could Mean Fewer Heart Surgeries
- FDA Recalls Some Valsartan Drugs Due to Impurity
- Female Heart Attack Patients Fare Better If ER Doc Is a Woman
- Fish Oil Pill Cuts Heart Dangers for High-Risk Patients
- Fish, Fish Oil May Lower Your Heart Attack Risk
- Fit at Midlife May Mean Healthier Brain, Stronger Heart Later
- Food or Heart Meds? Many Americans Must Make a Choice
- Gene Test Predicts Risk of 5 Common Diseases
- Study Urges Genetic Testing of Relatives of Aortic Disease Patients
- Go Nuts for Heart Health
- Nearly Half of American Adults Have Unhealthy Hearts: Report
- Another Harm From the Opioid Epidemic: More Heart Infections
- Have Heart Failure? Flu Shot May Save Your Life
- Health Tip: Eat Fish Twice Weekly
- Health Tip: A Nutritious Diet Can Help Your Heart
- Health Tip: Caregiving After Stroke
- Health Tip: Eat More Cruciferous Vegetables
- Health Tip: Factors That Raise Risk of Blood Clot
- Health Tip: Find Your Resting Heart Rate
- Health Tip: Healthy Teeth May Signal Healthy Heart
- Health Tip: If You Feel Faint
- Health Tip: Living With Cardiomyopathy
- Health Tip: Make Snow Days Heart-Safe
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For AFib
- Health Tip: Simple CPR
- Health Tip: Understanding Blood Clots
- Health Tip: Use a Blood Thinner Safely
- Healthy Lifestyle Makes for a Healthy Heart During Menopause
- Heart Attacks Fall By One-Third Among Older Americans
- Heart Attacks Rising Among Younger Women
- Heart Attacks Striking More Young Adults
- Heart Care Guidelines Rarely Backed by Top-Notch Science
- Study Weighs Heart Danger of Antibiotics for Older Women
- Heart Disease Carries Huge Cost for Some Families
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Falling, But Gains Vary by State
- Heart Failure Patients Shouldn't Stop Meds Even if Condition Improves: Study
- Heart Failure Takes Heavy Toll, Even for Those With Stronger Hearts
- Heart Meds May Be Wrong for Millions of Americans
- Heart Penalty? Hockey Fans' Cardiac Risk Rises When Home Team Wins
- Heart Surgery Won't Cause Brain Decline, New Study Says
- AHA News: Heart Transplant Survivor Gets Wedding Proposal at Finish Line
- Heavier People May Be More Likely to Survive a Stroke
- High Testosterone Levels Are Bad News for the Heart
- HIV Doubles Heart Disease Risk
- Holidays Hike Heart Attack Risk
- On Top of Other Challenges, Homeless Have Higher Heart Disease Risk
- Even Housework, Gardening Can Help an Older Woman's Heart
- Houston Hospital's Heart Transplant Program to Lose Medicaid Funding
- How Exercise Helps Your Heart
- How Long Should Fainting Patients Be Monitored?
- How Much He Sleeps May Affect His Stroke Risk
- How the Mediterranean Diet Can Help Women's Hearts
- Immigrants Have Healthier Hearts Than Native-Born Americans
- Impotent? Maybe You Should See a Heart Doctor
- AHA News: Irregular Sleep Could Impact Your Heart Health
- Is Brexit a Health Hazard?
- Is Dairy Due for a 'Heart Health Makeover'?
- AHA News: Is Long-Distance Running Good for the Heart?
- Job Insecurity May Take a Toll on Your Heart
- Just a Little Weightlifting Can Help Your Heart
- Key Heart Risks Decline for Older Americans
- AHA News: Kids With Heart Defects Joined Jackie Kennedy, LBJ to Raise Awareness
- Lifelong Exercise Can Guard Heart Health
- AHA News: Living Near Convenience Stores Could Raise Risk of Artery-Clogging Condition
- Looking for Online Advice on Your Heart Device? Beware
- Health Tip: Maintain a Healthy Heart While on Dialysis
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Man Was Awake for 90 Minutes During CPR: Report
- AHA News: Many Women Plagued by Anxiety After Stroke
- Marathons Can Tax Amateurs' Hearts
- Marriage Is Good Medicine for the Heart
- Can the Mediterranean Diet Protect Against Smog-Related Deaths?
- Mediterranean Diet May Cut Stroke Risk for Women, But Not Men
- Mediterranean Diet Scores Again for Heart Health
- Money Spurs Those With Heart Disease to Step Lively
- More Green Space May Mean a Healthier Heart
- Most With Very High Cholesterol Missing Out on Right Meds
- N. Carolina Sees Alarming Spike in Heart Infections Among Opioid Users
- New Blood Pressure Rules Could Prevent Many 2nd Strokes: Study
- New Device Approved for Tears in Heart's Blood Vessels
- New Lab Test Spots Heart Attack, Risk of Future Heart Woes
- AHA News: Her New Workout Routine Helped Spot a Rare Heart Defect
- New Wrinkle in Heart Health: Furrowed Brows May Bode Ill
- Cardiologist Groups Say Newer Blood Thinners Best Against A-Fib
- Newer Breathing Tube Might Save More Cardiac Arrest Patients
- NFL Players' Enlarged Hearts May Harm Health for Decades
- NIH Cancels Large Alcohol/Heart Health Study
- NIH Halts Stem Cell Trial for Heart Failure Due to Concerns About Fake Data
- No Heart Risk From Stop-Smoking Drugs Chantix and Zyban: Study
- No Sign Pot Smoking Will Trigger Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Noisy Neighborhood? Your Heart May Pay a Price
- Noisy Workplace May Wreak Havoc on Your Heart
- Obesity Might Raise Your Risk for A-fib
- Obesity Ups Survival in Heart Failure, but That's No Reason to Pile on Pounds
- Obesity Warps the Shape, Function of Young Hearts
- Online History Gives Clues to Heart Ills
- AHA News: Opioid Crisis Brings Concerns About Heart Dangers
- Opioid Use May Sometimes Trigger A-Fib
- Opioids May Signal Poorer Outcomes for Heart Patients: Study
- Do Paramedics Shortchange Women With Heart Trouble?
- Prescription Fish Oil Pill Lowers Heart Attack Risk in Those Already on Statins
- Psoriasis Meds Might Help Fight Heart Trouble, Too
- PTSD May Raise Odds for Irregular Heartbeat
- PTSD May Have Put Hearts of 9/11 First Responders at Risk
- Raise the Bar on CPR, Heart Group Says
- Recipe for a Healthy Heart: Big Breakfasts, Less TV
- Saunas Seem to Do a Heart Good, Research Shows
- Scans Help Spot Heart Trouble Early in People With Lupus
- Security Scanners Safe for Patients With Heart Devices: Study
- Scans Can Tell How Long Ago a Stroke Occurred
- Scuba Diving May Be Risky for Older Hearts
- Seek Help Fast If You Have Heart Attack Symptoms on Vacation
- Should You Get Pills or Surgery for A-Fib?
- Another Side Effect of the Opioid Crisis: Heart Infections
- Small Fitness Gains Provide Big Heart Disease Protection: Study
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Smoking May Boost Irregular Heart Beat Risk
- Smoking Puts Blacks at Higher Risk for Heart Failure
- Social Support Key to Good Mental Health After Stroke: Study
- Certain Antibiotics Tied to Deadly Heart Vessel Tears: FDA
- Study Finds Some Patients With A-Fib Have Hidden Brain Damage
- Someday, a Pig's Heart Might Save a Child's Life
- Speed of Heart Attack Treatment Can Vary by State
- Start Exercising to Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Stressed Out at Work? Your A-Fib Risk May Rise
- Stroke After Heart Attack: Danger May Persist for Months
- Stroke Rates Higher Among Pot Users
- Stroke's Impact May Go Far Beyond the Physical, Study Finds
- Stroke, Heart Events Can Sideline You From Work
- Studies Highlight Risks of Red Meat-Rich Diet
- Sugary Sodas Linked Again to Increased Heart Risks
- Supplements Won't Help Prevent Heart Disease: Study
- Surgical Blood Transfusions Tied to Clot Risk
- Tab for Young Binge Drinkers May Be Heart Trouble Later
- Take a Vacation, Your Heart Will Thank You
- The Saturated Fat Debate Rages On
- Timing May Be Critical When Taking Meds
- To Help Beat Heart Disease, Stay Upbeat
- Today's Go-Go World Too Much for Too Many Hearts
- Too Much Meat, Dairy Tied to Heart Failure Risk
- Too Much Salt Might Help Spur A-Fib
- Further Signs That Too Much Sitting Can Raise Clot Risk
- Too Much Sleep May Bring Higher Risk of Heart Disease, Death: Study
- Treating Depression May Prevent Repeat Heart Attack
- The Heartbreaking Truth About Poor Cardiac Arrest Patients
- AHA News: Two Young Moms Bond Over Heart Failure, Transplant Experiences
- U.S. Women Less Likely Than Men to Get Statins After Heart Attack
- AHA News: Up-and-Coming Texas Singer Lucky to Be Alive and Still Singing the Blues
- Vaccine to Stop Recurrent Strokes Shows Promise in Mice
- Vaping Tied to Rise in Stroke, Heart Attack Risk
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women's Hearts
- Walking, Exercise Both Linked to Lower Heart Failure in Older Women
- Wearable, At-Home Patch Could Spot Your A-Fib Early
- Weight Loss May Reverse Course of Atrial Fibrillation
- What Foods Are Really Best for Your Heart?
- What If You Were Your Own Blood Donor for Surgery?
- What You Need to Know About Strokes
- When 'Good' Cholesterol Is Bad for Older Women
- When Heart Attack Strikes, Women Often Hesitate to Call for Help
- When Temperatures Fall, Heart Attack Risk May Rise
- When the Heart Stops, Drugs Often to Blame
- This Is When You're Most Likely to Die From a Heart Attack
- Why Bystanders Are Less Likely to Give CPR to Women
- Why So Many Firefighters Die From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Your Heart Needs a Good Night's Sleep
- Will Healthy Seniors Benefit From Daily Aspirin?
- AHA News: With New Heart, Mom of Four Competes in Transplant Games
- Women May Dismiss Subtle Warning Signs of Heart Disease
- Workplace Bullies Can Threaten the Heart
- You've Fainted. How Long Do You Need to Stay in the ER?
- AHA News: Young Mom Thought It Was a Heart Attack -- Until She Couldn't Touch Her Nose
- AHA News: Young Sisters Share Battle With Different Types of Heart Disease
- Aspirin Therapy
- Automatic External Defibrillators Recalled
- Carotid Artery - What Is It?
- CHD Risk Estimated?
- Cypher Coronary Stent Alert
- Exanta, New Anticoagulant Launched
- Heart Attack Specific References
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- Heart Biases That Can Kill
- Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Not Just a Guy Thing
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Heart Healthy Diet Tips
- Heart Healthy Guidelines
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- Heart-Failure Treatment by Device
- Heart: Do You Know Your Heart Numbers?
- Hope for the Heart: Advances in Treatment
- Manage Heart Failure With Lifestyle
- Minding Heart Disease
- Motorized Scooters - Injuries Climb
- Nutrition: Wine and Your Health
- Organ Transplantation Supply & Demand
- Pain in the Leg Warrants Attention
- Periodontal Disease and Heart Health
- Physical Activity and Heart Disease Quiz
- Preventing Winter Heart Attacks
- Women's Health: Silent Risk: Women and Heart Disease
- Heart attack: Silent Symptoms
- St. Anthony's Fire -- Ergotism
- Stents Save Coronaries, Not Lives
- Stroke Awareness
- Stroke: The Silent Killer
- Surgical Procedures: Going Under the Knife
- Heart: Too Old for a Bypass?
- Heart Failure: Turning to Drugs
- Wellness: 5 Steps to a Healthier Heart
- What's the Usefulness of CRP Testing?
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women's Heart Attacks: How They Differ
- Your Guide to Gum Disease Symptoms and Heart Disease