Trending Heart Topics
Congestive heart failure (CHF) is caused by diseases (for example, heart disease, high blood pressure). Symptoms of CHF include fatigue, edema, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, and more. Treatments include lifestyle modifications, medications, heart transplant, and therapy.
Watch this slideshow of heart disease covering symptoms to watch for, diagnostic tests, treatments, and prevention strategies.
Related Disease Conditions
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
An arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. With an arrhythmia, the heartbeats may be irregular or too slow (bradycardia), to...
Atherosclerosis and Erectile Dysfunction
Second Source article from WebMD...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib, AF)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm, which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Treatment Drugs
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a heart rhythm disorder that causes irregular and often rapid heartbeat. The medications to treat...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Blood Clots (in the Leg)
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) affects many people today. Many people with HCM have no symptoms or only minor symptoms, and...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
32 Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
12 Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
DVT and Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot that has traveled deep into the veins of the arm, pelvis, or lower extremities. Oral...
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) During Pregnancy
Deep vein thrombosis or DVT is a condition in which a blood clot becomes embedded in one of the deep veins of the arms, thighs,...
Echocardiogram is a test using ultrasound to provide pictures of the heart's valves and chambers. There are several types of...
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...
Endocarditis, a serious infection of one of the four heart valves is caused by growth of bacteria on one of the heart valves;...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Disease Treatment in Women
Heart disease treatment in women should take into account female-specific guidelines that were developed by the American Heart...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Second Source article from Government...
Heart Murmur in Newborns, Children, and Adults
A heart murmur is a heart problem that can occur, for example, during pregnancy or exercise, or it can be a symptom of serious...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease occurs when the heart valves do not work the way they should. Symptoms of valve disease include shortness of...
How the Heart Works (Sides, Chambers, and Function)
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
High-Sensitivity Troponin Test
The high-sensitive troponin test can detect very low levels of troponin T in the blood. (There are three types of cardiac...
Lowering Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle and can be caused by a variety of infections, conditions, and viruses....
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Porphyria is a group of disorders that affect the nervous system, skin, or both. Porphyria is often an inherited condition that...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Stroke vs Aneurysm (Differences and Similarities)
A stroke or "brain attack" is caused because blood flow to an area of the brain has been cut off by a blood clot or by a weakened...
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Sudden cardiac arrest is an unexpected, sudden death caused by sudden cardiac arrest (loss of heart function). Causes and risk...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
How Do You Fix Anemia?
Anemia describes a condition in which you have a low red blood cell count and low hemoglobin levels. This is a serious condition...
Vascular disease includes any condition that affects your circulatory system. Vascular disease ranges from diseases of your...
Ventricular Septal Defect
A ventricular septal defect (VSD) is a congenital heart malformation. A VSD is a hole in the wall of the heart's two lower...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Williams syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects many parts of the body. Signs, symptoms, characteristics and...
Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is a condition in which abnormal electrical pathways in the heart cause arrhythmias. Symptoms of...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Aorta
The aorta is the largest artery in the body. See a picture of the Aorta and learn more about the health topic....
Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments of the common heart abnormality known as atrial fibrillation (A-fib)....
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & AFib Treatment
AFib symptoms like heart racing, fluttering, and irregular heart beat may be caused by heart disease, obesity, alcohol use,...
Picture of Balloon Angioplasty
Coronary angioplasty is accomplished using a balloon-tipped catheter inserted through an artery in the groin or arm to enlarge...
Picture of Blood Clot
Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic....
Blood Clots: 4 Signs You Could Have One
Blood clots can be deadly medical emergencies that can form in different parts of your body. Learn the warning signs that you...
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE) Quiz
Take the Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism Quiz to learn causes, symptoms, and treatments for these two dangerous...
A Visual Guide to Deep Vein Thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a dangerous and sometimes fatal blood clot that occurs deep within the lower leg or thigh....
Foot Health: Causes of Swollen Feet and Ankles
Swollen feet and ankles may be associated with conditions like pregnancy, injury, heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease,...
Picture of Heart Catheter
Catheter procedures are much easier than surgery on patients because they involve only a needle puncture in the skin where the...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Cardiac Arrest: What You Should Know
Cardiac arrest is a serious medical emergency that requires immediate medical care. Use this WebMD slideshow to know whether you...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Heart disease prevention includes controlling risk factors like diet, exercise, and stress. Heart disease symptoms in women may...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Heart Failure Quiz
What is heart failure? Learn about this dangerous condition, as well as who is at risk, and what to do about it....
Heart Health: What Causes Heart Palpitations?
Why does your heart race or skip a beat? Learn what causes heart palpitations and when to see your doctor....
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Hypertension: What High Blood Pressure Can Do to Your Body
High blood pressure puts you at risk for a number of other conditions. Here's what to look out for....
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib): Tips for Living with Atrial Fibrillation
AFib symptoms like heart racing, fluttering, and irregular heart beat may be caused by heart disease, obesity, alcohol use,...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Picture of Pericardial Sac
A conical sac of fibrous tissue which surrounds the heart and the roots of the great blood vessels. See a picture of Pericardial...
Picture of Pitting Edema
Observable swelling of body tissues due to fluid accumulation that may be demonstrated by applying pressure to the swollen area...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
Sudden Cardiac Arrest - Test Your Heart Health IQ
Take the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Quiz. Learning about this potentially deadly condition may save a life....
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Ablation Therapy for Arrhythmias
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test: Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Chest X-Ray
- Coronary Angiogram
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Coronary Heart Disease Screening Tests (CAD)
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Echocardiogram (Echocardiography, Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasound)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Heart CT Scan
- Electrophysiology Test
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Lead Extraction
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Disease Surgery
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators
- Is Pericardial Window Surgery Dangerous?
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Myocardial Biopsy
- What Are Three Signs of Cardiac Tamponade?
- Tilt -Table Test
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- What Are The Four Heart Sounds?
- What Is Pericardiocentesis?
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial Flutter
- Blood Clot
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Chest Pain
- Cold Hands
- Congenital Heart Defect
- Enlarged Heart
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Attack in Men
- Heart Attack in Women
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Murmur
- Heart Valve Disease
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Tightness in Chest
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Stroke: Recognizing a Stroke - Three Commands for the Victim
- Heart Attack - New Blood Test For Earlier Accurate Diagnosis
- Aneurysms - Frequently Asked Questions
- Angina Diagnosis
- Angina Symptoms
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Aortic Aneurysm Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
- What Is Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease?
- Doctors Answer Heart Health Questions
- Heart Disease & Stroke - Progress
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Beta Blockers May Decrease Heart Complications Of Surgery
- Beta Carotene Supplements Not the Answer for Cancer or Heart Disease
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve treatment
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Durability issues
- Bicuspid aortic valve: Early symptoms
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Mechanical valve
- How Pie Prevents Blood Clots
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Heart Attacks caused by Infections?
- Can You Cough to Give Yourself CPR?
- Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Causes
- Heart Atrial Fibrillation - Bill Bradley
- Causes of Palpitations
- Cilostazol: New Claudication Drug
- Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms
- Congestive Heart Failure Treatment
- CPR: Just Chest Compressions, Mouth-to-Mouth Not Necessary
- CPR Guidelines
- Diagnosis of BAV
- Will My Diet Slip Increase the Risk of Heart Attack?
- Do Women Have Different Heart Attack Symptoms?
- Higher Chance of Blood Clots Forming?
- Heart Attack Earthquake Stress Increases, Fiber Intake Decreases
- The Death of Joan Rivers: Endoscopy and Anesthesia Risks
- Heart Disease Risks Reduced With Running
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- Proven measures to prevent heart attacks and strokes?
- Heart Attack Risk and Medicated Stents
- Heart Attack: A Tale of Two Heart Attacks
- Heart Disease In Women
- Heart Disease Prevention in Women
- Heart Disease Risk and C-reactive Protein (CRP)
- Heart Disease - Lessons Learned From Pitcher's Early Death
- Heart Failure ... Old Drug, New Therapy
- Heart Failure: What Killed George Carlin?
- Heart Health- Little Aspirin A Day Stops Big Heart Attack!
- How Do You Check for Congestive Heart Failure?
- How Serious Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- Ibuprofen May Block Aspirin's Heart Benefits
- Is Aortic Aneurysm Hereditary?
- Is It a Stroke or a TIA (Mini Stroke)?
- Is Red Meat Bad for Your Heart?
- What What Does Code Blue, Code Black, and Code Red Mean?
- What Is Magnetic Resonance Angiogram?
- Pacemaker - Cellular Phones Can Cause Problems
- Pacemakers Affected by Metal Detectors
- Pacemakers Prevent Form of Fainting - Vasovagal Syncope
- Palpitations Treatment
- What Are The Side Effects Of Quinine For Leg Cramps?
- Any promising measures that may prevent heart attacks?
- Stents Make Big Splash
- Heart Attack Prevention From a Doctor's Perspective
- Stroke Symptoms
- Stroke Treatment
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- TIA (Mini Stroke) Symptoms: A Trip to the ER
- tissue valve and taking aspirin?
- Translating Medical Research - Preventing Sudden Heart Death
- What Is the Treatment For Enlarged Left Ventricle?
- Symptoms later in life BAV
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- Bill Clinton's Angioplasty and Stent Procedure
- Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
- Clinton Headed to Heart Surgery
- What Is Pericardial Fat?
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve: Doctors Dialogue
- Stents: The New Coated Stents - What's The Story?
- What vitamins lower homocysteine levels?
- Mr. Cheney's Chest Pain - And Heart Attack
- Whitney Houston's Death: What Is Atherosclerosis
Medications & Supplements
- Diamox (acetazolamide)
- Activase (alteplase) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Aldactone (spironolactone) vs. Lasix (furosemide)
- Aldactone (spironolactone) Side Effects, Interactions, and Warnings
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- amiodarone, Cordarone, Nextrone, Pacerone
- amlodipine (Norvasc)
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
- atenolol, Tenormin
- atorvastatin (Lipitor) vs. simvastatin (Zocor)
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- bepridil (Vascor)
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- cangrelor (Kengreal)
- carvedilol (Coreg)
- cilostazol (Pletal)
- clopidogrel bisulfate (Plavix)
- clopidogrel (Plavix) vs. heparin (Hemochron)
- Plavix (clopidogrel) vs. Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
- Congestive Heart Failure Medications
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- dalteparin injection (Fragmin)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- Digoxin vs. dobutamine
- Digoxin vs. metoprolol
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- dopamine (Intropin)
- Effient (prasugrel)
- Lovenox (enoxaparin)
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- evening primrose oil
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- heparin (Hemochron, Hep-Lock)
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- idarucizumab (Praxbind)
- isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil Titradose)
- isosorbide mononitrate (Imdur, Ismo, Monoket)
- Lasix (furosemide) vs. bumetanide
- Lasix (furosemide) vs. Demadex (torsemide)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin) vs. Niacin (nicotinic acid, vitamin B3)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- lovastatin vs. simvastatin
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- midodrine (Orvaten, ProAmatine)
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat, Afeditab)
- Nitrates (Medication)
- nitroglycerin, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, Transderm-Nitro, Minitran, Deponit, Nitrol
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters (Lovaza)
- pentoxifylline (Trental, Pentoxil)
- Plavix (clopidogrel) vs. Coumadin (warfarin)
- Plavix (clopidogrel) vs. Effient (prasurgrel)
- potassium chloride; K-Dur, KLor Con, K-Tab, Kaon CL, Klorvess, Slow-K, Ten-K, Klotrix, K-Lyte CL
- procainamide, Pronestyl; Procan-SR; Procanbid (These brands no longer are available in the U.S.)
- propafenone (Rythmol)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- quinapril (Accupril)
- quinidine (Discontinued Brands: Cardioquine, Cin-Quin, Duraquin, Quinidex, Quinora, Quinact)
- ramipril (Altace)
- rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Zocor (simvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Aldactone (spironolactone)
- ticlopidine, Ticlid (discontinued brand in the US)
- timolol (Betimol)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- Zetia (ezetimibe) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
Prevention & Wellness
- Aspirin Therapy
- Automatic External Defibrillators Recalled
- Carotid Artery - What Is It?
- CHD Risk Estimated?
- Cypher Coronary Stent Alert
- Exanta, New Anticoagulant Launched
- Heart Attack Specific References
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- Heart Biases That Can Kill
- Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Not Just a Guy Thing
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Heart Healthy Guidelines
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- Heart-Failure Treatment by Device
- Heart: Do You Know Your Heart Numbers?
- Hope for the Heart: Advances in Treatment
- Manage Heart Failure With Lifestyle
- Minding Heart Disease
- Motorized Scooters - Injuries Climb
- Nutrition: Wine and Your Health
- Organ Transplantation Supply & Demand
- Pain in the Leg Warrants Attention
- Periodontal Disease and Heart Health
- Preventing Winter Heart Attacks
- Women's Health: Silent Risk: Women and Heart Disease
- Heart attack: Silent Symptoms
- St. Anthony's Fire -- Ergotism
- Stents Save Coronaries, Not Lives
- Stroke Awareness
- Stroke: The Silent Killer
- Surgical Procedures: Going Under the Knife
- Heart: Too Old for a Bypass?
- Heart Failure: Turning to Drugs
- Wellness: 5 Steps to a Healthier Heart
- What's the Usefulness of CRP Testing?
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women and Heart Disease
- Women's Heart Attacks: How They Differ
- Your Guide to Gum Disease Symptoms and Heart Disease