Good relationships are essential to our happiness and emotional health. They also have a positive effect on our physical health--influencing everything from heart health to age-related health issues. Maintaining healthy relationships is not easy but it can be done. Read more: Healthy Relationships Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
Most people don't associate adults with the term ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but it is a common disorder in...
The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
How would you like a stronger immune system or better sleep? Action between the sheets can help you get all of this and more....
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
Learn sex tips for men that lead to more sexual pleasure such as better communication, focusing on pleasurable sensations,...
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
What do men really want you to know about them? For better intimacy, learn these 18 secrets guys wish you Knew about sex, love,...
For Men Only: 15 Ways to Stay On Top of Your Game With Pictures
See how first impressions, staying active, good hygiene and more lifestyle tips can improve your overall health and well-being....
19 Secrets Women Wish You Knew With Pictures
There are secrets women would love for you to know. These relationship secrets are based on the study of healthy, happy couples,...
Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
Learn how your sex life changes after having a baby. Explore tips on how to regain sexual desire and strengthen your relationship...
Related Disease Conditions
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Healthy Relationships - Experience
Please share your experience of healthy relationships.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Men Often Happier With Their 'Bromance' Than Their Romance
- Hearing Loss Can Challenge Relationships
- A Man's Health May Rely on Health of His Marriage
- He Complains She Shops Too Much -- And Marriage Suffers
- Relationship Status Impacts Health
- Is Kissing Etiquette 'Hardwired?'
- Women Driven to Be Thinner When Husband Is Hot
- After Couples Fight, Making Up Differs for Him and Her
- Happy Marriage, Healthier Spouses
- Most Patients Not Shy About Revealing Sexual Orientation
- What to Know About Online Dating Sites
- A Lonely Heart Could Worsen a Cold
- Marriage: A Way to Divorce Yourself From Stress?
- The Best Place to Find Your Valentine
- Some Partners Need Extra Loving This Valentine's Day
- Do Older Guys Always Prefer Younger Women? Maybe Not
- Do Genes Steer You to a Partner With Similar Schooling?
- A Lengthy, Stable Marriage May Boost Stroke Survival
- Stressed-Out Mate Bad for Your Waistline
- Even 6th Graders Commit Cyber Dating Abuse: Study
- A Happy Spouse May Keep You Healthy
- 'Love Hormone' Gene May Be Key to Social Life
- Shouting? The 'Silent Treatment'? How Spouses Argue Linked to Physical Ills
- Marriage a Buffer Against Drinking Problems?
- Does a Deep Voice Draw Women?
- Some Teen Girls Coerced Into Pregnancy: Study
- Marriage May Be a Cancer Fighter
- Do More 'Selfies' Mean More Relationship Woes?
- CDC: Too Few Schools Teach Prevention of HIV, STDs, Pregnancy
- Living Together, Marriage Give Equal Boost to Women's Mental Health: Study
- Wives Worry, Husbands Get Frustrated When Problems Arise
- Once-a-Week Sex Makes for Happy Couples: Study
- Could Your Cellphone Be Harming Your Love Life?
- Sex Lives Best When Couples Share Child Care Duties, Survey Shows
- Single and Happy? Your View on Relationships May Be Key
- How to Mend a Broken Heart? Your Gender May Matter
- Many U.S. Adults Sext, and It May Even Help Some Relationships
- More Evidence That Kids of Gay Parents Do Just Fine
- Attraction Can Grow With Time Spent Together
- Marriage Might Benefit Men's Health More
- Smiling Can Lead to New Relationships
- Cancer Patient's Health Affected by Spouse's Mood
- Money-Dependent Spouse May Be More Likely to Cheat
- Marriage Before College Graduation Tied to More Weight Gain
- Divorce Tied to Higher Chance of Heart Attack in Study
- Divorce May Mean Kids Down More Soft Drinks
- When One Spouse Exercises, the Other May Start, Too
- Divorce May Be More Likely When Wives Get Sick
- Doctors Less Likely to Divorce, Study Finds
- Golden Anniversaries May Bring an Added Special Glow
- What's in a Name? Perhaps a Mate, Study of Online Dating Suggests
- How to Survive Valentine's Day Without Romance
- Could Premature Birth Affect Adult Relationships, Self-Esteem?
- Want to Get Healthy? Get Your Partner Involved
- When Women Think Men Prefer Bigger Gals, They're Happier With Their Weight
- The Pill Remains Most Common Method of Birth Control, U.S. Report Shows
- A Bad Marriage Burdens an Aging Heart
- Many Teens Suffer 'Cyber' Dating Abuse, Study Suggests
- Every Kiss Begins With 80 Million Germs
- Marriage Break-Up Rates Similar for Gay, Straight Couples: Study
- Good Neighbors Are Good for Your Heart, Study Says
- Wives' Higher Education May Not Affect Divorce Rate
- Teenage Boys Want Intimacy, Not Just Sex, Survey Finds
- Your Genes May Help Pick Your Friends
- Are You Tweeting Your Marriage Away?
- Marriage, But Not Cohabitation, Pays Health Dividends -- for Him
- CPAP Mask Success May Depend on Family Support, Study Finds
- Saying 'I Do' Because of Similar DNA?
- Can Doing the Dishes Save a Young Marriage?
- Frequent Arguments Might Be the Death of You
- Spouse's Sunny Outlook May Be Good for Your Health
- Guys, Don't Bother Trying to Sound Sexy
- Scientists Probe What Makes People Get Their Groove On
- Happy Couples Nestle Together at Night, Survey Finds
- Feed a Spouse, Starve an Argument?
- Does Sugar Make Your Heart Sweeter?
- Marriage Does Help the Heart, Study Finds
- For Happy Marriage, His Personality May Be Key
- Do Harder Working Husbands Have Healthier Wives?
- Sexual Harassment Really Is Rampant in Bars, Study Finds
- Are Slimmer, More Attractive Men More Germ-Free?
- Who's a Hunk Depends on Time of the Month
- Women Do Prefer Taller Guys, Study Finds
- Abused Women Vulnerable to Unsafe Sex Practices
- Baby May Help Keep Couples With Fertility Problems Together
- Good Marriages Might Be Good for More Than a Man's Heart
- Parenthood for All? You've Got To Be Kid-ding, Many Say
- Acquaintances in Social Networks May Find Themselves 'Replaced'
- 20 Percent of Seventh Graders Have 'Sexted'
- Good Body Image Goes Hand in Hand With Happier Relationship
- Brain Scans May Support Venus/Mars Divide Between Sexes
- Heavy Drinking Can Dry Up a Marriage If One Spouse Abstains
- Regrets About Sex May Depend on Your Gender
- Smaller Classes May Be Key to High School Friendships
- How the 'Love Hormone' Works Its Magic
- Calm After a Marital Storm? Look to the Wife, Study Suggests
- Is Texting Helping or Hurting Your Relationship?
- Romance Can Sour When Only One Partner Slims Down
- Men May Stroll a Little Slower Down Lovers' Lane
- 'Love Hormone' Might Heighten the Placebo Effect
- Men With Deep Voices Attract More Women, Study Finds
- When a Kiss Is More Than Just a Kiss
- Friend or Lover? Your Voice May Give You Away
- Silence, Inaction May Compound Problem of Domestic Violence: Survey
- 'Love Hormone' May Affect Social Connections
- In Showdowns Between Sexes, Male Ego Bruises Easily
- 'Hookup' Culture on College Campuses Not All That New
- Infertility Rate Declines Among U.S. Couples
- Having More Siblings Might Lower Your Divorce Risk
- Marriage Beyond Reach of Many Working-Class Americans: Study
- Long-Distance Relationship May Strengthen Couple's Bond
- Marital Spats May Decline as Couples Age
- Dads Who Bond With Kids Help Keep Marriage Strong
- Marriages Forged on the Internet May Last Longer
- In Dating Game, Narcissists Get the Girl
- Smaller Isn't Always Sexier for the Female Foot
- Rich 'Cougar,' 'Sugar Daddy' Stereotypes Might Not Mirror Reality
- People Happier When They Get More Sex Than Their Friends: Study
- Can Penis Size Sway Women's Choice of Mate?
- Doctors' Spouses, Partners Say They're Satisfied
- More U.S. Couples Living Together Instead of Marrying, CDC Finds
- Child Health Experts Come Out in Favor of Same-Sex Marriage
- Sports Help Dads, Daughters Bond, Study Says
- Health Benefits of Marriage Mostly Apply to Those Already Healthy
- Are Trusting Friendships Easier Between Straight Women, Gay Men?
- Closeness Isn't Always Key to Romantic Bliss
- Five Keys to Keep Your Valentine's Heart
- Most Prefer That Men 'Pop the Question,' Survey Finds
- Valentine's Day a Show of Wealth for Single Men?
- Drinking Imbalance Could Put Marriage on the Rocks
- Sunshine Might Help Love Bloom, Study Suggests
- Good 'First-Time' Sex May Set Stage for Future Enjoyment
- For Married Men, Does More Housework Mean Less Sex?
- Happy in Marriage, Heavier on the Scale?
- Tired Couples May Take Each Other For Granted
- Height Is Key When Coupling Up, Study Finds
- Marriage Might Lengthen Life
- 'Not Fair!' How Sibling Fights May Lead to Later Mood Problems
- Legal Unions, Including Marriage, Boost Mental Health for Gay People: Study
- College Students: 25 Is Perfect Age for Marriage
- Divorce Puts Women at Risk of Losing Health Insurance, Study Finds
- Speed-Dating Lights Up Key Brain Areas
- Kick Off the Holiday Season With a Healthier Thanksgiving
- Could Hormone Spray Help Men Stay, Not Stray?
- Couples' Sexual Relationships Can Suffer During IVF, Study Finds
- Flirting Works as Negotiation Tactic for Women: Study
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- Can Parents' Divorce Boost Son's Risk for Stroke?
- Can Facebook Prolong Post-Breakup Pain?
- Supportive Spouse May Extend Cancer Survival
- More Baby Boomers Opting to Cohabit, Not Marry
- More Friends, Greater Well-Being at Midlife?
- Partner Depression Common After Heart Attack
- Teens Benefit by Spending More Time With Parents
- Tying the Knot Ups Women's Drinking Rate, Lowers Mens'
- PTSD Treatment and Couple Therapy Go Hand in Hand
- Parents Can Adapt, Thrive After 'Empty Nest'
- Childhood Friendships May Be Key to Adult Happiness
- Playfulness May Be Nature's Way of Helping Romance Bloom: Study
- Love Knows No Gender Difference
- 'Macho' Men Do Worse in Couples When the Woman Earns More
- Money Woes Weaken the Institution of Marriage: Study
- Tips for Memorable Family Road Trips
- U.S. High Schools Lax in Preventing Dating Abuse: Study
- Gay or Straight, Parents Too Tired for Sex, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Make Exercise a Social Activity
- Parents' Fighting May Have Long-Lasting Effect on Kids
- Dad's Love Can Be Crucial for Happy Childhood, Study Confirms
- How Housework Can Hurt a Relationship
- Military Marriages Stay Strong in Face of Challenges: Study
- Online Dating Scams Can Take Emotional, Financial Toll
- Politics May Get in the Way of Empathy, Research Shows
- Parents of Kids With Cancer No More Likely to Break Up
- Children Born to Unmarried Couples on the Rise
- Half of First Marriages Don't Last 20 Years
- Job Loss Fears Lead to Unhappiness in Work, Family Life
- Second-Chance Romance Might Not Bring Happiness
- Online Medieval Fantasy Games -- Threat to Marital Bliss?
- Lost Love Often the Biggest Source of Regret, Study Shows
- Handling Divorce May Be Easier Later in Life
- Don't Forget Your Kids on Valentine's Day
- College Degree Lowers Marriage Odds for Those From Disadvantaged Backgrounds
- More Americans Seeking Love Online: Study
- Living Together May Be Mentally Healthier Than Marriage: Study
- Do Men Flash Cash to Find a Mate?
- Work-Life Balance Tougher for Couples With Similar Jobs
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- Happiness Declining Among Twitter Users
- Contagious Yawns May Show Social Bonds
- Health Tip: Is Your Relationship Healthy?
- Benefits in Delaying Sex Until Marriage
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Do Spouses Grow Alike as Time Passes?
- Social Ties Can Add Years to Your Life
- A Little Gratitude Keeps Relationships Strong
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter