The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and choices can be critical to good health. Yet, few practice healthy behaviors that constitute healthy living. Read more: Healthy Living and Disease Prevention Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
Watch this slideshow to learn the Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair. See which foods will provide essential nutrients, vitamins and...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Top 7 Ways Water Benefits the Body
Drinking water benefits digestion, metabolism, toxin elimination, and other functions. Water promotes weight loss and helps...
Diet-Wrecking Foods: Smoothies, Lattes, Popcorn, and More in Pictures
It may seem healthy, but is it really? Many food frauds masquerade as diet food. See 23 foods that seem healthy but can be...
Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
What do men really want you to know about them? For better intimacy, learn these 18 secrets guys wish you Knew about sex, love,...
Healthy Living: 20 Common Health Myths Exposed
Can vitamin C cure colds? Read as we dispel the half-truths and common myths of health, from X-rays to eggs, from the...
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine in Pictures
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
Parenting: Learn to Be a Better Parent
Good parenting isn't magical. It takes learning, dedication, and hard work. Learn how to set rules, offer love, and discipline...
Healthy Dieting Myths and Facts
Learn about healthy dieting myths and facts. Can't tell fact from fiction about weight loss and healthy eating? Discover the...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
Protect Your Health in a Rough Economy: Pictures
Worried about losing your health insurance? Laid off? Discover 10-plus ways to protect your health care and health in a rough...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Grocery Smarts: 'Healthy Fat' Foods for Fitness in Pictures
A healthy diet starts at the grocery store. See which fat foods to avoid and which fit foods to choose....
Tips for a Healthy and Safe Home
A safe and healthy home should support our health. Learn how to keep each room in your house (kitchen, bathroom, attic, garage,...
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
Organic Foods in Pictures: To Buy or Not to Buy Organic
Some organic fruits and vegetables come with additional benefits, while others are identical to their conventional counterparts....
Related Disease Conditions
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread...
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common and serious complication of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), aside from...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. Calcium is a mineral...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive bladder is a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (an immediate...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Smoking During Pregnancy
Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage or stillbirth, low birth weight or premature birth, and more....
Colon Cancer Prevention
Colorectal cancer is both curable and preventable if it is detected early and completely removed before the cancerous cells...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Job Stress and Your Health
Early warning signs of job stress include headache, sleep disturbance, difficulty in concentrating, short temper, upset stomach,...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA) into law on Mar. 23, 2010. The Affordable Care Act aims to control...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Do You Need a Tetanus Shot?
- Nutrition: Does Diet Deter Disability?
- Nutrition: Eat the Right Type of Carbs
- Nutrition: Juice Drinks for Toddlers - How Much Is Too Much?
- Stress: Three Minutes to Stress Relief!
- Health: Are You Living a Healthy Lifestyle?
- Work: TV, Internet Pose Health Risks for Full-Time Workers
- Ovarian Cancer: Exercise May Help Prevent
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Exercise: Is The Weather Holding You Back From Exercising?
- Health: 8 Tips for Making and Keeping Healthy New Year's Resolutions
- Stress: 8 Immediate Stress-Busters
- Trans Fats Banned in NYC
- Vegetarian Diets And Nutritional Adequacy
- Dementia Prevention: Brain Exercise
- Fats, Fish Oil and Omega-3-Fatty Acids
- DHA-Spray and Sunless Tanning Booths
- What Is the Definition of Organic Food?
- Healthy Lunches: 15 Healthy Brown Bag Lunches
- Four Summer Health Myths Debunked
- 10 Tips for Fitness Walking
- Heartburn: Carbonated Soda & Sleeping Pills Increase Nighttime Heartburn
- Annual Physical Exam
- Ask the Experts - Fitness
Prevention & Wellness
- Is All Well With Your Drinking Water?
- What Couch Potatoes Don't Know Can Hurt Them
- Are Food Additives Good or Bad? Consumer Views Vary
- Can Protein Keep You Healthier Longer?
- Health Tip: Keep Toxins from Your Home
- Think Genes Dictate Your Life Span? Think Again
- What Americans Fear Most
- Tapping Into Telehealth
- Sharp Drop in U.S. Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040: Study
- Did Neanderthal DNA Help Early Humans Fend Off Disease?
- Drinking Enough Water Could Be Key to Avoiding UTIs
- Thinking of Others Makes Healthy Choices Easier
- We All Carry a Personal Cloud of Germs, Chemicals
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses
- Medscape Physicians' Choice: Top Hospital Rankings for 2018
- Household Chemicals Tied to Kidney Problems
- Beware a Bolt From the Blue
- To Help Beat Heart Disease, Stay Upbeat
- Going Vegetarian to Cut Colon Cancer Risk
- Scientists Finally Get Around to Finding Procrastination's Home in the Brain
- Going 'Low-Carb'? Your Odds for an Early Death May Rise
- Is Climate Change Draining Nutrients From Crops?
- Take a Vacation, Your Heart Will Thank You
- Health Tip: Pack a Healthy Lunch for Your Child
- The Health Benefits of Eating Earlier
- Taking a Stand at Work
- Stressed at Work? Open Office Plan Might Help
- Here's What Makes Seniors Feel and Act Younger
- Study Forecasts Dramatic Floods in Western U.S. Due to Climate Change
- How to Become an Educated Patient
- One Woman Dead, One in Critical Condition Due to Dry Ice in Car
- How to Keep Foodborne Illness at Bay
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat Better
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Be a Brain Buffer
- Naked Mole-Rats May Give Clues to Human Longevity
- How to Decipher Those Food 'Sell-By' Dates
- You Have 11 Seconds to Tell Your Doc What's Wrong
- Health Tip: Get Active
- Health Tip: Eat Whole Grains
- Health Tip: Get More Dietary Fiber
- Health Tip: Understanding Antioxidants
- Air Pollution at National Parks Keeps Visitors Away
- Health Tip: Map Your Way to Better Health
- Where Snakebites Are Deadliest
- Can You Eat Your Way to Better Asthma Control?
- Green Space: A Gateway to Better Health?
- For Americans, in Science They Trust
- 3 Ways to Promote Healthier Eating
- Scientists Target Cellular 'Fountain of Youth' to Extend Mouse Life Span
- Diabetes Diagnosis 'Silver Lining'? Other Family Members' Health May Improve
- Does Human Life Span Really Have a Limit?
- Staying With 1 Doctor May Prolong Your Life: Study
- Pantry Items That Stay Fresher in the Fridge
- Fit at Midlife May Mean Healthier Brain, Stronger Heart Later
- Health Tip: Healthier Eating for an Overweight Child
- Obesity's a Larger Problem in Rural America
- Religion May Be Potent Medicine
- Mediterranean Diet Scores Again for Heart Health
- U.S. Obesity Rates Rising Again
- How Healthy Is Your Diet?
- Study Sees Financial Windfall If More Americans Ate Healthful Foods
- Americans' Obsession With Sugar Starts in Infancy
- Health Tip: Eat Fish Twice Weekly
- Coffee May Do Your Liver Good
- Why Dogs Born in Summer Likelier to Get Heart Disease
- High-Calorie Foods Fit for a Diet
- Walk Briskly to a Longer Life
- Use Your Legs, Boost Your Brain
- Healthy Eating May Protect Her Hearing
- Some Great 50-Calorie Food Choices
- Take Your Swim Workouts to the Next Level
- Study: Weekend Sleep-Ins May Help You Live Longer
- Mediterranean Diet Most Popular on U.S. Coasts
- Berries and Grapes May Keep You Breathin' Easy
- How Exercise Helps Your Heart
- Health Tip: Pay Attention to Nutritional Information
- Pools, Hot Tubs Can Harbor Dangerous Germs
- Tasty, Healthy Alternatives to Sandwich Bread
- Better Diet, Bigger Brain?
- Want to Give Your Memory a Boost?
- The Truth About Juicing
- Can Fido Fetch the Fountain of Youth?
- America's Fittest City: Arlington, Va.
- What Makes Up the American Gut?
- Health Tip: Keep Food Safer
- Exercising in the Great Outdoors
- Health Tip: Find Your Resting Heart Rate
- Arsenic and Rice: What You Need to Know
- Exercises for Chronic Health Conditions
- Restaurant Appetizers That Make Great Main Dishes
- Judge Says Coffee Sold in California Must Carry Cancer Warnings
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- Using Diet to Stave Off Diabetes
- Home Gym: The Benefits of a Cross-Country Ski Machine
- Why You Should Unwind After a Tough Day at Work
- Some Reasons to Work With a Dietitian
- Health Tip: Get Active
- VA Clinic Investigating Unsanitary Treatment Room
- Take These 5 Steps to Live 10 Extra Years
- Cycle Smartly
- Race Now Plays Smaller Role in Americans' Risk of Dying Young
- A Big Belly Bad for Your Heart
- Breakfast Fans Gain Less Weight Over Time
- Staying Healthy Between MD Visits
- Healthy Diet, Healthy Eyes
- Keep Eating Veggies (and Fruits) for Better Health
- Meditation: Different Approaches, Different Benefits
- Exercise In, Vitamin D Out for Preventing Falls: U.S. Panel
- Could Banned Chemicals Be Lurking in Your Kitchen?
- Turn Chores Into a Fitness Routine
- Go Nuts for Heart Health
- 'Flexitarian' Eating: Part Vegetarian, Part Not
- 'Let It Go' May Be Good Advice for Health
- How to Keep Anger From Getting the Better of You
- Who Lives Longer -- Night Owls or Early Birds?
- Philly's Soda Tax Is Working, Study Finds
- Limit Alcohol To One Drink a Day: Study
- Health Tip: Women Have Unique Nutrition Needs
- Strawberries Again Top the List of 'Dirtiest' Produce
- Why Americans' Life Expectancy Is Getting Longer
- Stretching Can Help Get Seniors Moving
- Why More People Don't Walk or Bike to Work
- 2 Out of 3 Tanning Bed Users Have Never Had a Skin Cancer Check
- Health Tip: Coping With Polluted Water
- Here's How to Pack Protein Into Your Diet
- Tiny Changes in Facial Color Telegraph Your Emotions
- Despite California's Warning Signs, Coffee Is Still Safe, Experts Say
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women's Hearts
- It's Crunch Time
- All That Overtime Could Be Killing You
- FDA to Move Ahead With Obama Administration Food Labeling Rules
- Health Tip: Keep Pet Food Safe
- Living Near Green Space May Make for a Healthier You
- Are Meat Eaters Contributing to Climate Change?
- Immigrants Have Healthier Hearts Than Native-Born Americans
- Detecting Ebola Before Symptoms Show Up
- Terrorist Nuke Attack Could Overwhelm U.S. Medical System: Study
- A 'Chipped' Tooth Reveals What You Eat and Drink
- Turn Down the Music. Here's Why.
- Global Antibiotic Use Soars as Resistance Fears Rise
- Health Tip: Fruit and Vegetable Safety
- Could Coffee Perk Up Your Heart Health?
- A Few Tips to Make for a More Active You
- Rubber Duckies Swimming With Bacteria: Study
- Sports 'Sponsorships' Hawk Junk Food to Kids
- Do E-Cigs Really Help Smokers Quit?
- End of Brutal Flu Season in Sight
- Health Tip: Ways to Reduce Stress
- Seeing Clearly
- Health Tip: Find the Best Places to Nap
- Even Short Bursts of Activity Can Boost Long-Term Health
- Another Downside of Weight Gain: Toenail Fungus
- The Benefits of Moving More
- Millions Get Wrong Treatment for Back Pain: Study
- Well-Done Meat May Not Be Good for Your Blood Pressure
- Sugary Sodas Linked Again to Increased Heart Risks
- Health Tip: Prevent Constipation
- FDA Takes Aim at Flavored Tobacco
- Red and Processed Meats Linked to Liver Woes
- Task Force Issues Stronger Skin Cancer Prevention Guidelines
- NIH Investigating Alcohol Companies' Funding of Study
- When Is a Sick Fellow Flier a Health Risk to You?
- Majority of U.S. Adults Have Poor Heart Health: Study
- Health Tip: How You May Benefit From a Standing Desk
- Cutting Out Late Night Calories
- Binge Drinking Rampant Among Americans
- Flu Season Finally Slowing Down
- Now's the Time to Tackle Springtime Allergies
- That Ocean Swim May Come With Infection Risks
- Health Tip: Quit Smoking
- 1 in 3 Young Adults Ride With Impaired Drivers
- Diet Groups Can Spell Diet Success
- FDA Considers Lowering Nicotine Levels in Cigarettes
- Coffee May Have Bigger Effect on Your Body Than Thought: Study
- More U.S. Teens Seeing Ads for E-Cigarettes
- Health Tip: Vaccines Are Important for Adults, Too
- Can You Be Obese But Heart-Healthy? Study Says No
- Recycled Toilet Water Aces Its Taste Test
- 5 Ways Out of an Exercise Rut
- E-Cigarettes Doing More Harm Than Good: Study
- Fit Middle-Aged Women May Fend Off Dementia Later
- Health Tip: Leafy Greens May Slow Cognitive Decline
- Health Tip: Recognize an Anxiety Disorder
- Hearing Loss Joins Long List of Smoking Harms
- More Kids, Fewer Teeth for Moms?
- The Dynamic Duo: Calcium and Vitamin D
- People at Three U.S. Airports May Have Been Exposed to Measles
- Why Does America Spend More on Health Care?
- People Aren't as Safe From Lead as Thought, Study Suggests
- That Motorcycle Helmet Just May Save Your Spine
- Health Tip: Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Jobs That Keep the Mind Sharp … Even Into Retirement
- No Talking While Driving?
- Early Colon Cancer Screening Advised for Some
- Blood Pressure Check? There May Soon Be an App for That
- Sunnier Days in Youth May Mean Less Odds of MS Later
- Health Tip: 'Connected' Students Do Better
- Make Losing Weight a Family Affair
- Don't Count on Healthy Foods to Blunt Salt's Harm
- As Years Spent Obese Rise, So Do Heart Dangers
- High Cholesterol Tied to Better Brain Health in Those Over 85
- Smoking Bans May Not Rid Casinos of Smoke
- Health Tip: When Noise Interrupts Sleep
- Health Tip: Prevent Warts on Your Feet
- Global Gains in Life Expectancy Slow to a Creep
- Health Tip: Your Teeth Are Tough
- Heart-Healthy 'DASH' Diet May Also Help Lower Depression Risk
- Health Tip: If You're Diabetic and Vegetarian
- Why the Flu Makes You Feel So Miserable
- Flu Season Shows More Signs of Slowing
- Summer Camp Tips for Kids With Asthma, Allergies
- Health Tip: Recognize a Bad Reaction to Acne Medication
- Two Healthy Diets Equally Good for Your Heart
- It's Still Not Too Late for a Flu Shot
- Heavy Drinkers Put Themselves at Risk for Dementia
- Putting the Brakes on 'Emotional Eating'
- Immune System Reboots During Sleep
- Unhealthy Habits May Cost Canadians 6 Years of Life
- 1 in 3 Hospitals in Developing World Lack Running Water
- As States Raise Speed Limits, Road Deaths Rise, Report Finds
- Health Tip: Wear a Bike Helment
- Wealthy Transplant Recipients May Have an Edge: Study
- Most Americans Will Experience At Least 1 Diagnostic Error: Report
- Antibacterial Soaps Fail to Beat Plain Soap
- Gains in Life Spans Seen Around the Globe
- Injuries Tied to Illegal Meth Labs on the Rise: CDC
- Bigger Families Mean More Infections, Study Finds
- Online Program Boosts Hand Washing, Cuts Infections
- Your Family's Germs May Move With You
- Purposeful Life Might Be a Longer Life
- Fruits and Veggies May Reduce Death Risk, Study Suggests
- Antibacterial Soaps & Body Washes: FAQ
- Health Disparities Persist in America: Report
- More Proof Healthy Living, Not Smoking Pay Off
- Health Highlights: March 14, 2013
- Everyday Activities May Have Same Health Benefits as Going to Gym
- Scientists Find Clue to Aging Reversal in Mice
- Marriage Might Lengthen Life
- Americans Sicker Compared to Other Wealthy Nations
- A Few Extra Pounds Linked to a Longer Life
- Health Tip: A Dirty Sponge Spreads Germs
- Health Tip: Plan to Stay Healthy
- How Well Do You Rise From Sitting on the Floor?
- Antiseptic Products Can Be Contaminated: Study
- The Secret to a Longer Life? Children
- Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy
- Face Washing the Healthy Way
- More Americans Buckling Up Than Ever Before: Report
- Boomers Zero In on Health at Age 50 and 65, Study Says
- Many Studies' 'Wow' Results Usually Fade in Follow-Up
- Health Tip: Wash Your Hands
- Health Tip: Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Study Questions the Value of Annual Physical Exams
- Wondering About Your Hospital's Quality? Ask a Nurse
- Clearer Prescription Drug Labels May Be on the Way
- Fewer Crashes When Docs Report Unfit Drivers
- Which State's Residents Live the Longest?
- Docs' Sensitivity to Patients' Feelings Tied to Good Outcomes
- Third of Hospital Staff Say Hand-Washing Reminders Unwelcome
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Healthy Living in Old Age Can Add 6 Years to Life
- Low-Cal Diets Kept Monkeys Healthier, But Didn't Lengthen Lives
- J&&J First to Promise Toxin-Free Products
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Fire
- More Americans Walking, But Still Not Enough, CDC Says
- Increasingly, More Education Linked to Longer Lifespan in U.S.
- Why Women Outlive Men: Fruit Flies Give Clues
- Workers With Paid Sick Days Healthier, More Productive: Study
- Could Germs on Your Skin Be Good for You?
- Using Exhaust Fan on a Gas Stove Cuts Pollution: Study
- What's That Symptom? Experts Warn of Self-Diagnosis Via the Web
- Expanding Access to Medicaid Would Save Lives: Study
- Many Americans Not Prepared for Disasters: Poll
- Medicare Beats Private Plans for Patient Satisfaction: Survey
- Hospitals for Poor May Struggle Further Under Health Care Reform
- Mass General Tops List of Best U.S. Hospitals
- Electric Fans May Be Risky in Extreme Heat
- Health Tip: Is Your Home Air Polluted?
- House Votes to Repeal Health Care Law -- Again
- Tips for Memorable Family Road Trips
- WebMD Survey: Sharp Split Over Health Care Ruling
- Who Gets Covered Under Health Reform?
- Health Care Reform: Questions and Answers
- Supreme Court Upholds Health Reform Law
- Health of Americans a Mixed Bag: CDC Report
- Bonobo Genome Sheds Light on Their Links to Chimps, Humans
- Scientists Probe Diversity of Human Body's Microbes
- Modest Health Care Spending Rise Expected for 2013: Report
- Danger at Home Lurks in Pills, Plants, Chemicals and More
- 6.6 Million Young Adults Joined Parents' Health Plans in 2011: Report
- Bridging the Doctor-Patient Gap
- Health Tip: Traveling With Your Pet
- Men vs. Women: Whose Offices Are Germier?
- Personality Secrets to a Long Life
- Do We Smell Our Age?
- No Progress in Reducing U.S. Motorcycle Deaths: Report
- Night Staffing With Critical Care Docs May Lower ICU Death Rates
- Study: Trash Old, Unused Drugs
- OSHA's Safety Tests Protect Workers at Little Cost: Study
- U.S. Bests Canada, Europe in Drug Approvals
- Health Tip: When Should I Wash My Hands?
- Education Is Key to Health: Report
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- A Better Way to Assess Body Fat and Health Risk?
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Availability of Beds, Poverty Drive Costly Hospital Readmissions
- Wheelchair Breakdowns on the Rise, Study Finds
- T-Shirt, Gift Card Giveaways Raise Blood Drives' Success
- 'Blond Genes' May Vary Around the World
- Positive Thinking, Persistence Pay Off in Job Search: Study
- 'Iceman' Mummy Yields Oldest Human Blood Cells
- Better Ways Needed to Track Drug Safety: Report
- How That Glass of Red Wine Might Help You Live Longer
- More Evidence Bilingualism Aids Thinking Skills
- Americans Support Medicare Reform, But Not on Their Dime: Poll
- Most Peaceful, Least Peaceful U.S. States
- Best Paid, Worst Paid Doctors
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices Could Cut Cancer Rates: Report
- Helicopter Beats Ground Transport for Trauma Victims: Study
- Social Factors May Affect Lifespan More Than Race, Location
- More Smog Might Mean More Hospitalizations
- Here Are Fruits, Veggies That Offer Best Bang for Your Buck
- Politics May Get in the Way of Empathy, Research Shows
- People Carrying Guns May Appear Bigger Than They Are
- U.S. Spends Too Little on Public Health Initiatives: Report
- Is Tax Day Dangerous for Drivers?
- Physician Groups Call for Fewer Medical Tests
- Changes in Insurance Make ER Visits More Likely: Study
- How Supreme Court Rulings Could Impact Health Care
- Health Highlights: March 28, 2012
- Pay-for-Performance Hospitals Don't Offer Better Care: Study
- Immersion Beats Classroom for Mastering a Foreign Tongue: Study
- Supreme Court, Day 3: Can the Mandate Be Cut Out?
- Health Reform Faces Intense Supreme Court Scrutiny
- Health Care Hearings: Day 1 Focuses on Tax
- Sitting Too Much May Boost Odds of Dying
- Supreme Court Prepares to Tackle Affordable Care Act
- Legal Experts See a Close Win for Health-Reform Law
- Medicaid Expansion Is a Key Part of Affordable Care Act
- Analysts Debate Importance of the 'Individual Mandate' to Health-Reform Law
- Physician Misconduct Showing Up on the Internet: Survey
- Medicaid Patients Go to ERs More Often: Study
- Hospital Saved Millions by Keeping Close Eye on Antibiotic Use
- Your Neighborhood Can Affect Your Heart Health
- Giving Docs iPads Might Boost Patient Care
- Survey Shows People Have Little Time for Healthy Habits
- Gas Engines May Be Dirtier Than Diesels in One Respect
- Hope and Optimism May Cloud Judgment in ICUs
- CDC: 20% of Households Struggle With Medical Bills
- Life Expectancy for U.S. Blacks Shorter Than That of Whites
- Urban Forests Disappearing: Report
- Poor Patients Less Likely to Sue Doctors, Analysis Shows
- Hearing Loss Triples Risk of Falling: Study
- High Social Status Linked to Bad Behavior?
- Brain Calls the Shots on Which Hand Holds Cellphone
- Second-Chance Romance Might Not Bring Happiness
- Chemical Used to Strip Bathtubs Linked to Worker Deaths: CDC
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Skin
- Millions of Americans Have Untreated Hearing Loss: Study
- More Young Adults Get Health Care When They Can Stay on Parents' Plans
- College Degree Lowers Marriage Odds for Those From Disadvantaged Backgrounds
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Beach & Water - Play it Safely!
- Ergonomics: Healthy Workstation Positions
- 25 Ways to Create a Green and Healthy Home
- Cleaning Products: Are They Hazardous To Your Health?
- Trans Fats...The Deadly Fat
- Life Extension: Science Fact or Science Fiction?
- Aging: Pills, Patches, and Shots: Can Hormones Prevent Aging?
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips for Increasing Fitness
- Caregiving: Helping Loved Ones Make Tough Health Changes
- Shaving Tips for Women and Men
- Quit Smoking
- Diet: Helping Your Child to Lose Weight
- Nutrition: Healthy Eating Habits for Your Kids
- Obesity: Preventing Childhood Obesity
- Obesity in Children
- Balance Exercises, Anytime, Anywhere - Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Monthly Progress Record: Endurance, Lower Body and Balance
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Prescription Medication Safety Tips
- Diet: The New American Diet: Can We Do It?
- Heart Tests Not for Low Risk People
- Trans Fat Now On labels
- Skin Care and Overview
- 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- New Dietary Guidelines Announced by HHS
- Body Mass Index (BMI) for Children and Teens
- Fruits and Vegetables: To Your Health!
- Tips on Eating More Fruits and Vegetables
- Men Need More Fruits & Vegetables!
- Olive Oil Gets FDA Green Light
- Weight Loss: Very Low Calorie Diets
- Nutrition Glossary
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Remedy High in Lead Warning
- Ergonomics: Computer Workstation Chair
- Arthritis Better With Diet & Exercise
- Healthy Eating: Choices For Non-cooks!
- Healthy Eating: Vegetarian Style
- Kid's Menus, What's to Eat?
- Health: Are Americans Healthy?
- Healthy Aging Month
- Trans Fats Added To Nutrition Labels
- Cholesterol, How Much Do You Know?
- Diet Tips For Fruits And Vegetables
- Fast Food Salads High in Fat
- Ergonomics: Computer Workstations Lighting
- Nutrition - How Much Fat is in Fat?
- Muscle Hustle: Exercise Equipment Tips