Trending Healthy Kids Topics
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of infected people. Signs and symptoms of head lice infestation include a tickling sensation, itching, and sores on the head.
Watch this slideshow to recognize the symptoms of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children from MedicineNet's expert medical doctors and healthcare professionals.
Related Disease Conditions
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
Second Source article from Government...
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
1p36 deletion syndrome is a genetic disorder that causes severe intellectual disability. Characteristics of 1p36 deletion sndrome...
7 Signs It's Time To Wean Your Baby from Breast or Bottle Feeding
When is it time to wean your baby from the breast or bottle to solid foods? Learn how and when to wean your child from breastmilk...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
Angiomyolipomas are noncancerous tumors that are typically found in the kidney, but may occur in the liver, ovary, colon, or...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Birth defects have many causes and currently, are the leading cause of death for infants in the first year of life. Some of the...
A branchial cyst is a congenital remnant from embryologic development that appears on the side of the neck. The cyst may develop...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Central Precocious Puberty
Central precocious puberty is characterized by the unusual early onset of puberty -- in girls, prior to 8 years of age, and boys,...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Croup Sounds, Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Croup is a contagious viral infection that affects children's respiratory system. Symptoms include a barking cough, stridor,...
Cystic hygroma is a birth defect that may be apparent while a fetus is still in the womb. It is a malformation of the lymphatic...
Get the facts on Down syndrome, a genetic disorder caused by an additional set of chromosomes in a developing fetus. Down...
Dyslexia affects a person's ability to spell, read, write, or even speak. It's considered the most common learning disability in...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Febrile seizures, or convulsions caused by fever, can be frightening in small children or infants. However, in general, febrile...
Fifth Disease (Parvovirus, Erythema Infectiosum)
Fifth disease (erythema infectiosum) is caused by a virus known as parvovirus B 19. Symptoms include low-grade fever, fatigue, a...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Hydrocele is a collection of clear fluid in a thin walled sack that also contains the testicle. Hydroceles are more common in...
Though human milk is the preferred feeding for infants, parents may consider formula-feeding if there is an inadequate supply of...
Is Croup Contagious?
Croup is a viral infection that typically affects children and causes inflammation of the larynx and trachea. The cough...
Is Impetigo Contagious?
Impetigo is a contagious bacterial infection that usually occurs in children ages 2-5. There are two types of impetigo: bullous...
Is Roseola Contagious?
Roseola is a common viral infection among children 6-24 months of age. Symptoms and signs include a high fever and a rash all...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
Jaundice (Newborn, Kernicterus)
Jaundice in infants occur when the baby's liver may not be developed enough to efficiently rid the body of bilirubin. Symptoms of...
Kidney dysplasia is a condition in which one or both of a baby's kidneys do not develop normally. In kidney dysplasia, cysts...
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS, infantile acquired aphasia, acquired epileptic aphasia, or aphasia with convulsive disorder), a...
Leigh's Disease (Leigh's Syndrome)
Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome) is a rare genetic neurometabolic disorder. The symptoms of Leigh's disease include loss of...
Loeys-Dietz syndrome is an inherited genetic syndrome characterized by aortic aneurysms in children. Children with Loeys-Dietz...
Methemoglobinemia (Beta-Globin Type)
Methemoglobinemia (beta-globin type) is an inherited genetic disorder characterized by an atypical form of hemoglobin that is...
Niemann-Pick disease is genetic (inherited) disease referred to as lipid storage disease. Niemann-Pick disease is divided into...
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys....
PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated With Streptococcal Infections)
PANDAS is in part caused by an autoimmune response to a strep infection. Symptoms mimic those of OCD, ADHD, and include motor and...
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Pervasive Development Disorders
Pervasive development disorders (PPDs) are conditions involving developmental delays in children. There are five types of PDDs:...
Pfeiffer syndrome, a rare genetic disorder, is characterized by craniosynostosis and other birth defects. There are three...
Poland syndrome is a congenital malformation that affects one side of the body. Characteristics of Poland syndrome include the...
Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PIDD)
Primary immunodeficiency disease or PIDD is a group of over 250 genetic diseases that involve the immune system. Symptoms of...
Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome
Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome is an inherited genetic condition. This syndrome is characterized by a dramatic, rapid...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Reye's syndrome (RS or Reye syndrome) is a sudden, sometimes fatal, disease of the brain with degeneration of the liver. Reye...
Second Source article from Government...
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Infants and children who are exclusively breastfed, have...
Roseola is a viral illness that most commonly affects young children. Symptoms and signs include a sudden high fever that lasts...
Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and children throughout the world. Almost all children have...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Spina Bifida and Anencephaly (Neural Tube Defects)
Spina bifida is the most common neural tube defect in the United States. There are four types of spina bifida; 1) occulta, 2)...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Thrush and Other Yeast Infections in Children
Yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of a type of fungus called Candida. Oral thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth...
Treacher Collins Syndrome
Treacher Collins syndrome (TCS) is a rare genetic condition that affects the development of the bones and tissues of the face....
Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare genetic disease caused by defects on two genes. The signs and symptoms of TSC vary...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Second Source article from Government...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in children. Symptoms and signs include fever and abdominal pain. Associated...
Urine Blockage in Newborns
There are many syndromes and defects that may cause urine blockage in newborns. Defects in the urinary tract that may cause urine...
West Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Prognosis, Life Expectancy)
West Syndrome is rare condition that affects infants and children, and has three distinct signs and symptoms (characteristics),...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
ADHD Symptoms in Children
What is ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)? Learn to recognize ADHD symptoms in children....
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Ear Infection Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about the causes and symptoms of ear infections and how they are diagnosed and treated. Read about treatments such as ear...
Autism Signs in Children: What Is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
What is autism? Learn about the signs, symptoms, and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Get information about the causes of...
Newborn Quiz: Baby Care Facts
Take the Babies Quiz to learn what milestones and developments you can expect from your baby’s first year....
Picture of Baby Acne
Pink pimples ("neonatal acne") are often caused by exposure in the womb to maternal hormones. See a picture of Baby Acne and...
Baby's First Year: Month to Month Development Milestones
When do babies learn to crawl? Start teething? Learn about major milestones in your baby's first months. Get tips on how to help...
Feeding Baby Year 1: Starting Solids With Baby Food in Pictures
These nutritious foods are great for your baby's first year, and include cereal and baby food. Our experts offer tips on starting...
Bottle-Feeding and Infant Formula
Do you need to warm a bottle? What's the best way to burp your baby? Find out what you need to know about bottle feeding and...
Your Child's First Year of Development
What developmental milestones can you expect to see during baby's first year? Find out when babies learn to smile, laugh, crawl,...
Baby Skin Care: Tips to Keep Newborn's Skin Healthy
Caring for your newborn baby's skin may seem complex, but it doesn't have to be. There are many skin conditions such as peeling,...
Picture of Baby Yeast Infections
Thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in the mouth and on the tongue. See a picture of Baby Yeast Infections and...
Newborn Skin-Care: Rashes, Umbilical Cord Care, Bathing & Baby Products
What does normal baby skin look like? These photos will guide you in proper baby skin care. Learn how to care for your baby's...
Better Ways to Feed Your Baby
What tips and tricks help you introduce healthy foods to your baby's diet. Learn techniques for feeding that work for infants and...
10 Common Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers
Watch this slideshow to see common symptoms and home treatment for infant and childhood illnesses including fever, nausea,...
Childhood Obesity Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Take the Childhood Obesity Quiz to test your knowledge of the facts and...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Children’s Health: 11 Causes of Common Skin Rashes
What causes skin rashes in children? See which chemicals in your home could be causing your child's skin rash, irritated skin,...
Picture of Cradle Cap
Cradle cap (also called seborrheic dermatitis) is a rash that begins as scaling and redness on a baby's scalp. See a picture of...
Picture of Diaper Rash
Almost every baby will get diaper rash at least once during the first 3 years of life, with the majority of these babies 9-12...
Quick Tips to Feed a Picky Eater With Pictures
Discover these quick tips for feeding a picky eater. See the problems found with picky eaters and learn parenting strategies to...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 2
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Foot
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 2
Multiple, discrete, small, vesicular lesions on the fingers and palms; similar lesions were also present on the feet. See a...
Lice & Nits: How to Get Rid of Head Lice
Learn how to get rid of head lice. Head lice attach themselves to the scalp and feed off of human blood. Discover head lice...
How to Diaper Your Baby
With plenty of chances to diaper your newborn baby, these step-by-step tips will help you master the art of diaper changing and...
Picture of Juvenile Xanthogranuloma
This is a common and completely benign cutaneous nodule. Typically, a juvenile xanthogranuloma is firm and dome-shaped. See a...
Picture of Kawasaki's Disease
Blotchy erythema on the trunk of a child with Kawasaki's disease. See a picture of Kawasaki's Disease and learn more about the...
Top 10 Parenting Mistakes- Children, Infants, Toddlers, Teens
Parenting a child isn't easy. Explore the top 10 mistakes that new parents make. Discover newborn parenting tips for...
How to Get Rid of Nausea and Vomiting
What is nausea? Do you want to know how to get rid of nausea and how to stop vomiting? Learn home remedies for nausea,...
10 Tips to Soothe Your Crying or Colicky Baby
Learn top parenting tricks for calming crying, colicky, and fussy newborns and babies....
Top Surprises of Life After Baby Arrives in Pictures
What are surprises new parents when they bring a baby home? Learn about infant sleep, getting help, adult relationships, and...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Healthy Eating for Kids - Recipes and Meal Ideas
Teaching healthy eating to kids and toddlers can be tricky. How do you get your kids to eat vegetables? Are your kids eating a...
Parenting: Learn to Be a Better Parent
Good parenting isn't magical. It takes learning, dedication, and hard work. Learn how to set rules, offer love, and discipline...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Whooping cough (bordetella pertussis) is a highly contagious bacterial infection. Read how vaccines and antibiotics could prevent...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn
Salmon patch on the glabella of a newborn. See a picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Sucking Blister
The oval blister pictured here was present at birth and is a result of normal sucking behavior in utero. See a picture of Sucking...
Teen Drug Abuse: Warning Signs, Statistics, and Facts
Teen drug abuse is a growing concern today. Learn statistics, facts, warning signs, and effects related to teen substance abuse...
Teen Drama: Handling Mean Girls, Cyber Bullying, and Sexting
Being a teenage girl comes with a variety of challenges. Here are tips on dealing with dating, sexting, cyber bullying, mean...
Your Toddler: Typical Second-Year Milestones With Pictures
Your child's second year is full of toddler milestone such as running, climbing, kicking a ball, and more. Discover child...
Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
Food for the brain boosts memory and concentration. Here are some healthy brain food meal ideas for toddlers and other kids....
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
This is a benign neonatal dermatosis that is most common among African-American infants. See a picture of Transient Neonatal...
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
Transient neonatal pustular melanosis. See a Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Twin-to-Twin Transfusion
Twins who develop with some form of common circulation in utero may show a temporary difference of cutaneous color related to...
Tips For Raising Healthy Kids
Make smart choices about nutrition and help your child develop a positive relationship with healthy food. Read how to raise...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Apgar Score
- Autism Screening and Diagnosis
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Childhood Vaccination Schedule
- Detecting Hearing Loss in Children
- Developmental Screening
- Newborn Infant Hearing Screening
- Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions
- Age Appropriate Halloween Tips for Kids
- Animal Bites - Cat, Dog & Others
- Are ADHD Rates Increasing?
- Genetics: What Are Little Boys & Girls Made Of?
- Are Poinsettia Plants Poisonous? Fact or Fiction?
- Ask the Experts - Childhood Obesity
- Ask the Experts - Children's Health
- Autism: Early Symptoms and Screening Tests
- Can I Treat ADHD Without Medication?
- Can You Outgrow ADHD?
- Canavan Disease - Genetic Screening Advised
- Cerebral Palsy, What You Need To Know
- Chickenpox Vaccine for My Child?
- Colic Remedies to Comfort Your Baby
- Cryptosporidium Symptoms and Treatment
- Developmental Screening - Critical for Every Child
- Breast Feeding - Do Breast Fed Babies Do Better?
- Does My Child Have ADHD?
- Down Syndrome Causes and Symptoms
- Down Syndrome Ups & Downs
- Early Red Flags and Warning Signs of Autism
- Kid's Early TV = Poor Attention Later
- Fifth Disease: Fathoming Fifth Disease
- What Does It Mean When Children Cough up Sulfur Granules?
- Getting Hard on Soft Drinks in Schools
- How Do I Get My Child to Stop Thumbsucking?
- Huffing: Is Your Child or Teen Huffing (Inhalant Abuse)?
- Children: Tips for Choosing a Pediatrician
- Nutrition: Juice Drinks for Toddlers - How Much Is Too Much?
- Kids and Exercise (Growth and Development)
- Childhood and Obesity
- Kiss of Death Growth Disorder (Ubiquitin)
- Lead Poisoning Symptoms
- Diarrhea: Moms Uninformed About Rotavirus Illness
- National Poison Prevention Week
- Neonatal Sepsis (Sepsis Neonatorum)
- 9 Common Newborn Screening Tests
- Noonan Syndrome Diagnosis
- Paper Shredders: Pose Risk for Injuries
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Paternity Test
- Pediatric Burn Injuries & Gas Cans
- Polio Prevention - Practice and Politics
- Respiratory Virus (RSV) Strikes More Infants
- Secondhand Smoke May Lower Children's IQ
- SIDS - Risk Factors and Prevention
- Sports Safety for Kids
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs
- The Hygiene Hypothesis
- Toddler Health - Are Bowed Legs Normal?
- Tonsillectomy: Does My Child Need a Tonsillectomy?
- Tonsils and Adenoids, Parent's Perspective
- Tourette Syndrome Symptoms
- Untimely Tip - Helmets for Ice Skating Kids
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Symptoms?
- What Are the Side Effects of Strattera?
- What Are the Symptoms of ADHD?
- Ectopia Cordis
- What Is Vesicoureteral Reflux in Children?
- Whooping Cough Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Anti-Vaxxers' Are Often Conspiracy Theorists, Too
- 'Condom Snorting Challenge' Another Dangerous Internet Fad: Doctors
- How 'Helicopter' Parenting Impedes a Child's Development
- 'Huffing' Deodorant Cost One Teen His Life
- In California, Some Doctors Sell 'Medical Exemptions' for Kids' Vaccinations
- 1 in 3 High School E-Cig Users Vape Pot: Survey
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- 1 in 5 College Students So Stressed They Consider Suicide
- 1 in 5 U.S. High School Students Now Vapes: CDC
- 15 Percent of Teens Say They've Sexted
- 2 in 5 Teens Text While Driving, Survey Shows
- 2.5 Million U.S. High School Students Had a Concussion in Past Year
- 25 U.S. Kids Treated in ERs Every Hour for Bike Injuries
- A Baby's Laugh Is Truly Monkey Business
- A Bright Future Might Help Teens Steer Clear of Violence
- A Childhood Full of Happy Memories Might Benefit Your Health Today
- A College Student's Guide to Avoiding Burnout
- Health Tip: A Pediatrician's Role in Special Education
- A Sleepy Child Is More Likely to Pile on Pounds
- A-C-T to Prevent Hot Car Tragedies
- Acing Intro to College Life
- Most U.S. Adults Support More Mental Health Services for Kids
- Affection Trumps Aggression in Kids
- After-School Programs a Blessing for Kids With ADHD
- Aggressive Treatment Doesn't Slow Type 2 Diabetes in Children: Study
- All That Smartphone Time May Be Making Teens Unhappy
- Almost 1,300 Genes Seem Tied to Academic Success
- Americans' Obsession With Sugar Starts in Infancy
- Anesthesia Doesn't Seem to Harm Child's IQ: Study
- Animal Cruelty May Indicate Child Abuse
- Antibiotics During Infancy May Up Childhood Obesity Risk
- Antibiotics Tied to Higher Kidney Stone Risk
- Are High-Tech Baby Monitors Worth It? Or Even Safe?
- Are Kids' Playgrounds Really Safe?
- Are You Car Seat Savvy?
- As U.S. Kids Take More Meds, Dangerous Drug Mixes Could Rise
- Autism, ADHD in One Child Tied to Raised Risk in Siblings
- Babies Face Higher SIDS Risk in Certain States
- Babies Given Certain Meds May Have Higher Odds for Allergies Later
- Baby Sitters, Relatives Often Unaware of SIDS Risk
- What's Best for Babies With Recurring Ear Infections
- Binge Drinking: A Hazard for Teen Bones?
- Blood Levels of Toxic Fire Retardants Declining in Kids
- Booster Shots Safe for Most Kids Who Have Vaccine Reaction: Study
- Boys Lag Behind Girls in Reading by 4th Grade
- Boys' Early Pot Use Linked to Adult Drug Abuse
- Breast Milk May Boost Preemies' Brain Development
- Breast Milk, Formula Affect Baby's 'Microbiome' in Different Ways
- Breast-Feeding Suffers in Homes With Smokers: Study
- Breastfeeding May Shield Baby From Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Bringing Baby in a Lyft, Uber? Child Car Seats Are Rarely Included
- Can Excess Weight in Toddlers Cause Brain Drain?
- Can Mouth Swab at Age 2 Predict Obesity?
- Can Smartphones Trigger ADHD Symptoms in Teens?
- Can Teen Drivers Be Scared Into Safe Driving?
- Can the Fill-In Babysitter Handle an Emergency?
- Can Too Much Screen Time Dumb Down Your Kid?
- Can't Pay the Rent? Kids' Health May Suffer
- Many Cases of Polio-Like Illness in Kids May Be Misdiagnosed
- CDC Warns of Polio-Like Virus Striking More U.S. Kids
- Child Death Rate Higher in U.S. Than Other Wealthy Nations
- For Kids, Chronic Illness May Trigger Mental Health Issues
- Clean Skin, Hands Critical for 'Kangaroo Care' for Preemies
- Cleaning Your Baby's Pacifier By Sucking On It May Do Baby Good
- Closed Cars Can Become Deathly Hot in Minutes
- College Grades Low? Try a Different Seat in the Classroom
- College Kids May Be Learning, Even When Checking Smartphones
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- Common Chemical Tied to Language Delay in Kids
- Could Household Cleaners Make Your Kid Fat?
- Could Vaping Lead Teens to Pot Smoking?
- Countries That Ban Spanking See Less Teen Violence: Study
- Curiosity a Plus in the Classroom, Particularly for Poorer Kids
- FDA Cracks Down on Dangerous E-Cig Liquids That Resemble Cookies, Candy
- Death Rates for Young Americans Drop, But Still Too High
- Decriminalizing Pot Doesn't Hike Teen Use, Study Finds
- Dim the Lights to Help Your Child Fall Asleep
- Disabling Hip Ailment Is Another Health Risk for Obese Kids
- Do Antipsychotic Meds for Kids Raise Diabetes Risk?
- Doctors More Cautious Now When Prescribing Opioids to Kids
- Does Pot Really Dull a Teen's Brain?
- Don't Give Infants Honey-Filled Pacifiers: FDA
- Don't Panic Over 'Dry Drowning' Reports, ER Docs Say
- Don't Play Around When It Comes to Toy Safety
- Don't Rely on Just One Blood Pressure Test for Kids: Study
- Don't Skip Kids' Sun Protection on the Fourth
- Drinking While Breast-Feeding May Dampen Child's Brain Development
- Drug Studies in Children Often Go Unfinished: Study
- E-Cig Ads May Prompt Teens to Take Up Tobacco Too
- E-Cig Liquid Remains a Poisoning Danger to Young Kids
- Health Tip: Ear Tubes May Help Prevent Ear Infections
- Former NFL Pros Push for End to Kids' Tackle Football
- Even Toddlers Endangered by Opioids, Other Addictive Drugs
- Brief Exercise Breaks During Class Help Bodies, Brains
- Expert Advice for a Safe Trip Back to School
- Experts Sound Warning About 'Baby Boxes'
- Extreme Dieting in Teens Often Intensifies in Adulthood
- Groups Call on Facebook to Scrap Messenger Kids App
- Families Need Summertime Sleep Schedules
- Family Leave Boosts Breastfeeding Rates, But Mostly for Affluent Moms
- Family Warns of 'Dry Drowning' After Daughter's Near Death
- Family, School Support May Help Stop Bullies in Their Tracks
- Fatigue Fuels Knee Injuries in Young Athletes
- FDA Bans E-Cig Liquid Products That Look Like Snacks, Candies
- FDA Bans Use of Opioid-Containing Cough Meds by Kids
- FDA Cracks Down on Youth Access to Juul E-Cigarettes
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other E-Cigarette Makers
- FDA Seizes Documents from E-Cigarette Maker Juul
- FDA Will Ban Many Flavored E-Cigarettes
- Fetal Procedure Prevents Rare Condition That Leaves Kids Unable to Sweat
- Few Prescription Meds Have Dosing Guidelines for Obese Kids
- Fewer American Teens Having Sex, Most Using Birth Control
- Fewer Antibiotics for Kids, But More ADHD Drugs
- Fewer of America's Poor Kids Are Becoming Obese
- Fewer U.S. Kids Are Getting Cavities
- Fewer U.S. Kids Use Tobacco, But Numbers Still Too High: Officials
- Fidget Spinners May Be Dangerous in the Wrong Hands
- First Drug for Rare Form of Rickets Approved by FDA
- Fish Oil May Protect the Youngest Hearts
- Focus on Just One Sport Risks Burnout for Teens
- Food Additives a Toxic Mix for Kids
- For a Healthier New Year, Try Making It a Family Affair
- For Kids With Earwax, Skip Cotton Swabs, Expert Urges
- For Kids' Sports, Diversification Is Best
- For Kids, Summer Is Time for Other Types of Learning
- For School Kids, Vaccines Are Key
- Many Foster Kids Inappropriately Prescribed Psych Drugs
- Gardening Isn't Just for Adults
- Gender 'Nonconformity' Takes Mental Toll on Teens
- Genetic Heart Defects Rarely the Cause of SIDS, Research Shows
- Getting Kids Ready for the New School Year
- Getting to the Root of Sibling Rivalry
- Give Your Child a Head Start With Math
- Parents, Giving Kids Alcohol Does More Harm Than Good
- Global Aid Programs Shortchange Teen Health Needs: Study
- Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition
- Good News, Bad News in U.S. Breastfeeding Report
- Growing Up Poor May Permanently Damage Thinking Skills
- There's a Health Dividend for Some Babies Who Look Like Dad
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Deal With Night Terrors
- Health Tip: Teens E-cigarette Users More Likely to Smoke: Study
- Health Tip: Swim Safely in a Pool
- Health Tip: When College Kids Should Go to the Doctor
- Health Tip: 'Connected' Students Do Better
- Health Tip: Before You Get Help for Stuttering
- Health Tip: Buy the Right Backpack for Your Child
- Health Tip: Connect With Your Child
- Health Tip: Coping With ADHD
- Health Tip: Create a Reading-Friendly Home
- Health Tip: Dealing With Sibling Rivalry
- Health Tip: Discussing Divorce With Kids
- Health Tip: Ease Separation Anxiety
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Child to be Active
- Health Tip: Evaluating Your Child's Handwriting
- Health Tip: Get Your Family Moving
- Health Tip: Giving Cough Medicine to a Child
- Health Tip: Handle a Child's Traumatic Stress
- Health Tip: Healthier Eating for an Overweight Child
- Health Tip: Help Keep Your Teen Healthier
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Underage Drinking
- Health Tip: How Often Do Kids Need to Bathe?
- Health Tip: How Schools Keep Your Child Safer
- Health Tip: How Working Parents Can Avoid Burnout
- Health Tip: If Your Child Becomes Too Aggressive
- Health Tip: If Your Child Develops a Fever
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has Croup
- Health Tip: It's Back to School Time
- Health Tip: Keep Communicating With Your Child
- Health Tip: Keep Your Epileptic Child Safer
- Health Tip: Keep Your Kids Safer on the Internet
- Health Tip: Kids and Window Blinds
- Health Tip: Know the Risks of Chicken Pox
- Health Tip: Learn Football Helmet Safety
- Health Tip: Let Kids Play
- Health Tip: Long-Term Anxiety Can Affect Learning
- Health Tip: Make Sure Babies Eat Right
- Health Tip: Make the Right Breakfast Choices
- Health Tip: Manage Bed Wetting
- Health Tip: Manage Family Arguments
- Health Tip: Manage the Terrible 3's
- Health Tip: Milestones to Look for by Age 5
- Health Tip: Pack a Healthy Lunch for Your Child
- Health Tip: Plan Your Child's Chores
- Health Tip: Play Safer With Laser Toys
- Health Tip: Pool Fencing Helps Prevent Drowning
- Health Tip: Positive Parenting
- Health Tip: Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Health Tip: Prevent Diaper Rash
- Health Tip: Prevent Exposure to Lead
- Health Tip: Prevent Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Health Tip: Prevent Poisoning at Home
- Health Tip: Prevent Temper Tantrums
- Health Tip: Promote Play for Your Child
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child After Pet Exposure
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Hearing
- Health Tip: Protect Your Eyes During Sports
- Health Tip: Recognize Warning Signs of Youth Violence
- Health Tip: Recognizing a Learning Disorder
- Health Tip: Recognizing Hearing Loss in Infants
- Health Tip: Safe Tips For Antibiotic Use
- Health Tip: Safety Basics for New Teen Drivers
- Health Tip: Soothing Baby During Teething
- Health Tip: Succeed in Toilet Training
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Child's Vision
- Health Tip: Talking to Your Children About Divorce
- Health Tip: Teach Your Kids Healthy Hair Habits
- Health Tip: Teach Your Kids Tolerance
- Health Tip: Treat Diarrhea in Young Babies
- Health Tip: Understanding Bottlemouth Syndrome
- Health Tip: Understanding Childhood Arthritis
- Health Tip: Understanding Eczema
- Health Tip: Understanding the HPV Vaccine
- Health Tip: Understanding the Teenage Brain
- Health Tip: Use a High Chair Safely
- Health Tip: Using a Home Trampoline
- Health Tip: Warmer Weather Triggers Rashes
- Health Tip: Ways to Bond With Baby
- Health Tip: What to Do If You Suspect a Concussion
- Health Tip: When Baby Spits Up
- Health Tip: When Kids Drink Coffee
- Health Tip: When Small Children Play Near Water
- Health Tip: When to See a Doctor for Cradle Cap
- Health Tip: When Your Child Graduates High School
- Health Tip: Which Car Seat Should Your Child Use?
- Health Tip: X-Ray Suggestions for Parents
- Health Tip: Your Toddler Can Be a Vegetarian
- Fast Foods' Healthier Options Might Not Help Kids Eat Better
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids Pay Off
- Heart Defects, Sleep Apnea a Deadly Mix for Infants
- Heat Waves Can Dull Even Young Minds, Study Says
- Heath Tip: How to Introduce Your Child to Peanuts
- Heavy Teens Are Less Likely Now to Try and Lose Weight
- Health Tip: How to Help Your Child Develop Healthy Relationships
- Health Tip: Help Your School Develop a Wellness Policy
- Helping Your Child Adjust to College
- Helping Your Child Navigate the High School Years
- Here's Food for Thought -- and School Success
- High Schoolers on Heroin Abuse Other Drugs, Too
- Home Routines Can Boost a Child's Readiness for School
- Homeless Babies Face Lasting Health Risks
- Homelessness Takes Toll on Kids' Health Even Before They're Born
- Honey Helps When Kids Swallow Button Batteries
- New Hope Against Disease That Prematurely Ages Children
- Hostile Teachers Take the Joy Out of Learning
- Hot Cars, Drowning: Keep Your Family Safe This Summer
- Hoverboard Injuries Speeding U.S. Kids to the ER
- How Long Will Your Teen Live? Personality Might Tell
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat Better
- How to Head Off an Ice Cream Headache
- How to Prevent Your Child From Getting Bullied -- or Being a Bully
- How to Reassure Kids When Florence Strikes
- HPV Vaccination Rates Rising Among U.S. Teens
- If Mom Smokes Pot, Kids May Try It Sooner
- If Your Mom Was Big on Dieting, Your Kids May Pay the Price
- If You Suspect a Child Is Being Abused or Neglected, Report It
- Illicit Use of ADHD Meds Won't Boost Grades: Study
- Infant Walkers Still Injuring Thousands of Babies
- Infants Know Real 'Baby Talk' When They Hear It
- Infections in the Young May Be Tied to Risk for Mental Illness: Study
- Injured Kids Can Have Lasting Mental Scars, Too
- Injured Parent Can Mean Sleepless Nights for Kids
- Instant-Soup Burns Send Almost 10,000 Kids to ERs Each Year
- Is the U.S. Really a Land of Opportunity?
- Is Your Child Ready for a Smartphone?
- IVF May Put Children at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- July Is Peak Time for Illness From Poop in Pools: CDC
- Juul Drawing Lots of Teen Followers on Twitter
- Keep Kids Safe During Holiday Travels
- Keeping in Touch With Your Kids in College
- Keeping Your Teen Driver Safe
- Kids Are Naturally as Fit as an 'Iron Man'
- Kids Can Roll Up Their Sleeves -- Again -- for Mumps Protection
- If Kids Exposed to Pot, Tobacco Smoke, ER Visits Rise
- Kids Get Caught in Deadly Cross-Fire of Domestic Violence
- Kids in Tough Neighborhoods Head to ER More Often
- Kids of Gay Parents Don't Struggle More Socially
- Kids of Youngest, Oldest Moms at Risk of Developmental Issues: Study
- Kids Are Overdosing on Med Meant to Fight Opioid Addiction
- Kids Who Vape Face Toxin Dangers, Study Finds
- Kids With Asthma Need a Flu Shot: Study
- Kids With Severe Brain Injuries May Develop ADHD: Study
- Kids Without Access to Good Food Face High Blood Pressure Risk
- Kids' Concussion Symptoms May Persist for a Year
- Kids' Exposure to Domestic Violence Takes Economic Toll
- Kids' Pedestrian Death Rate Rises on Halloween: Study
- Kids' Play Is Healthy, Pediatricians' Group Says
- Parents Find Kids' Weight Report Cards Hard to Swallow
- Learning Problems May Accompany Kidney Disease
- LGBQ Youth More Prone to Obesity
- Health Tip: Limit Fat, Sugar and Salt in Your Child's Diet
- Look Before Locking: Protect Your Child From a Hot Car Tragedy
- Look to Sports, Not Video Games, to Boost Driving Skills
- Loopholes May Lead Young Facebook Users to Tobacco Products
- Losing Excess Weight in Childhood Cuts Diabetes Risk
- Make Exercise a Family Affair. Your Kids Will Thank You.
- Make Those School Lunches More Nutritious
- Many Doctors Don't Push HPV Shots Equally. See Who's Left Out
- Many High School Pitchers Suffer Pain as Pitch Counts Mount
- Many Young Kids Not Screened for Developmental Delays
- Many Parents Miss Speech Disorders in Young Kids
- Many Teens Are 'Sextortion' Targets
- Many U.S. Parents Share Leftover Antibiotics: Survey
- Many Young Juul Users May Not Know They're Addicted
- Marijuana a Threat to Teens' Brains: Study
- Medical Marijuana Ads May Spur Teen Pot Use
- Mental Health and College Students
- Milk Straight From Breast Best for Baby's Weight
- Poor, Minority Moms Face Tough Judgments Over Kids' Weight
- Mom's Voice: The Sleep Secret for Babies in Intensive Care
- Monitoring System for Underage Tobacco Sales Falls Short: Study
- More Americans Are Raising Their Grandkids
- More College Students Seeking Mental Health Care
- More Evidence That E-Cig Use Leads to Smoking
- More Evidence Video Games May Trigger Aggression in Kids
- More Needs to be Done to Keep Teen Drivers Safe, Pediatricians Say
- More Preteens Need HPV Shots to Meet Public Health Goal
- More Sleep in Seattle: Later Start to School Brings Kids Better Grades
- More Teens Dying, With Drugs and Violence to Blame
- More Teens Than Ever Would Try Marijuana
- More Teens Try Pot Before Booze, Cigarettes
- More U.S. Kids Landing in ICU From Opioids
- More U.S. Parents Smoking Pot Around Kids
- More U.S. Teens Shunning Drugs, Alcohol
- More Water, Mom? H2O Is Top Kids' Beverage in U.S.
- More Young American Children Not Getting Recommended Vaccines: CDC
- Most Parents Say Tsk, Tsk to Tattoos for Their Teens
- Most U.S. Babies Start Solid Foods Too Soon
- Naps Don't Help Down Syndrome Kids Learn: Study
- Native American Teens at Higher Risk for Substance Abuse
- Navigating New Parent Nerves
- New Evidence Pot May Harm the Teen Brain
- New Guidelines Mean Almost 800,000 More U.S. Kids Have High Blood Pressure
- New Moms Still Wary of Exposing Infants to Peanuts
- Newborns' Immune Systems Ramp Up After Birth
- Newly Mapped Genes May Hold Keys to ADHD
- As CHIP Money Runs Out, Millions of U.S. Kids May Lose Health Care
- No Link Between Tdap Vaccine, Autism: Study
- No Safety Concerns With DTaP Combo Vaccine for Kids: Study
- Nose Holds Clues to Baby's First Cold
- Obesity a Painful Reality for 1 in 6 U.S. Youths
- Obesity Boosts Childhood Asthma Risk by 30 Percent
- Obesity Can Lead to Liver Damage by Age 8: Study
- Obesity May Harm Kids' Academics, Coping Skills
- Obesity Might Cause Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the Young
- Old-Fashioned Play Beats Digital Toys for Kids, Pediatricians Say
- Oldest Students in Class Most Likely to Attend College
- One Key Factor Raises Gay and Lesbian Teens' Suicide Risk
- Opioid Epidemic Also Taking Toll on Babies
- Opioids Given Too Easily to Children: Study
- Parent's Tough Childhood Can Cast Shadow Across Generations
- Apple Investors Press for Parental Controls on iPhones
- Parents Blame Smartphones, Tablets for Teens' Sleep Troubles
- Parents Fret Over Fussy Eaters - but What Works?
- Parents More Lenient If PG-13 Movie Violence 'Justified'
- Parents Must Ask: 'Is There an Unlocked Gun in Your House?'
- Many Parents Say Restaurant Fare Has Made Kids Sick: Poll
- Many Parents Say Sports Can Be Too Dangerous for Kids
- Parents Teach Firstborns About Sex, But Not Their Later Kids
- Parents' Shift Work Can Be Good -- or Bad -- for Kids
- Parents, Don't Be So Quick to Jump to an ADHD Diagnosis
- Path to Obesity May Start in Preschool
- Pediatricians Back Flu Shot, Not Nasal Spray Vaccine
- Pediatricians Make Change to Child Car Seat Guidelines
- Pediatricians Renew Call to Abandon Spanking
- Pediatricians Say No to Spanking
- Pfizer Recalls a Type of Children's Advil
- Picky Eating May Mask Larger Issues
- Pointers for Easier Potty Training
- Poison Prevention at Home
- Poor College Grades? Maybe Your Class Schedule Is to Blame
- Poorer Kids May Fare Worse After Heart Surgery
- Positive Attitude Adds Up to Better Math Grades
- Pot May Stay in Breast Milk for 6 Days
- Pot Replacing Tobacco, Booze as Teens' Drug of Choice
- Preemies Get a Slow Start on Friendships
- Prenatal Vitamins Tied to Lower Autism Risk in Kids, Study Finds
- Preschool, Day Care Not Asthma Triggers: Study
- Health Tip: Protect Children from Playground Hazards
- Protect Your Child From Opioid Poisoning
- Put Good Health on Your Child's Back-to-School Checklist
- Put Safety on Your Toy Shopping List
- Read Any Good Books Lately? No, Teens Say, We're Too Busy Texting and Online
- Reading to Your Kids Might Boost Their Social Skills
- Reading With Your Toddler Boosts More Than Just Language Skills
- Rear-Facing Car Seats Protect Tots in Crashes From Behind: Study
- Recognizing Early Childhood Speech Problems
- Reining in Kids' Expectations for Holiday Gifts
- Big Rise Seen in U.S. Kids, Teens Attempting Suicide
- Rising Number of Unvaccinated U.S. Kids Raises Risk of Disease Outbreaks
- Rubber Duckies Swimming With Bacteria: Study
- Safeguard the Arms of Young Pitchers
- School Kids Need Supervision After Classes End
- School Nurses at Ground Zero for Food Allergies
- School Prep Includes Planning Allergy, Asthma Management
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Found in Kids' Lungs
- Severe Bullying Tied to Mental Health Woes in Teens
- Sex, Drugs Hold Less Allure for Today's High Schoolers
- Sharp Rise Seen in Kids' ER Visits for Mental Health Woes
- Shield Your Kids From the Sun's Damaging Rays
- Signs Your Child Might Have Hearing Loss
- Simple Drug Packaging Change Could Save Toddlers' Lives
- Sleep May Speed Kids' Recovery From Concussion
- Sleep, Don't Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Sleep-Deprived Kids at Risk of Obesity
- Smart Steps for a Safe Nursery
- Smartphone-Obsessed Parents May Mean Cranky Kids
- Smartphones, Summer Birth Could Raise Kids' Odds for Nearsightedness
- Smoke Alarm With Mom's Voice Wakes Children Faster
- Smoked, Vaped, Eaten: U.S. Teens Use Pot in Many Ways
- Smoking Becoming a No-No on College Campuses
- Smoking, Drinking a Double Whammy for Teens' Arteries: Study
- Could Soaps, Shampoos Be Pushing Girls Into Early Puberty?
- Soft Furniture No Cushion Against Falls for Young Kids
- Some Great Ways to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Special Baby Formula Doesn't Seem to Prevent Type 1 Diabetes
- Spike Seen in Kids' Eye Injuries From BB, Paintball Guns
- Sports 'Sponsorships' Hawk Junk Food to Kids
- Sports Safety: It's Not Just Child's Play
- Stamping 'Smoking Kills' on Cigarettes May Keep Teens From the Habit
- AHA: Startling These Twins Could Put Their Hearts at Risk
- Store Tobacco Ads Help Get Kids Vaping
- Strict Gun Laws Spare Young Lives: Study
- Stroke May Not Mean Language Loss for Newborns
- Another Study Finds Later School Bell Brings Sleep Bonus for Teens
- Longest Study Yet Finds Adult Kids of Lesbian Moms Are Doing Fine
- Success in High School, Success Later in Life
- Summer Camp Bummer: Smartphones, Not Bugs
- Take Time Out Now for School Sports Physicals
- Talking to Baby Might Boost Middle School Success
- Teaching Your Kids Online Safety
- Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'
- Teens Focused on Social Media May Be at Cyberbullying Risk
- Teen Sexting Often Tied to Past Sexual Abuse
- Teenage Obesity May Raise Pancreatic Cancer Risk Years Later
- Teens and Their Phones: What You Should Know
- Teens at High-Performing Schools Less Likely to Use Pot
- Many Teens Don't Know Juul Contains Addictive Nicotine
- Teens Eating Detergent 'Pods': Latest Web Fad Brings Big Dangers
- Teens Sneaking Juul E-Cig Into Classrooms
- Many Teens Switch From Hi-Cal Sodas to Hi-Cal Sports Drinks
- Teens Who Cook Set the Table for Healthy Eating as Adults
- Teens Willing to 'Cash In' on Curbing Cellphone Use While Driving
- Teens, Parents Aren't on Same Page When Talk Turns to Sex
- Telltale Clues That Your Child Is Depressed
- Test-Taking Can Be Tough for Kids With Vision Problems
- The Opioid Crisis' Hidden Victims: Children in Foster Care
- The Real Reasons Parents Refuse HPV Vaccination
- The Sooner Kids Learn to Eat Healthy, the Better
- The Traits That Hike High School Dropout Risk
- Think Little Kids Are Safe From Food Ads? Think Again
- Think Twice About Tonsil, Adenoid Removal
- To Combat Childhood Obesity, Start at Birth … or Even Before
- To Fight Childhood Obesity, Moms to the Rescue
- To Tell the Truth: Kids' Edition
- Today's Sleepy Teens May Be Tomorrow's Heart Patients
- Tonsillectomy May Carry More Risks in Kids Age 3 and Under
- Too Many Babies Still Die Needlessly of SIDS, CDC Says
- Too Much Facebook, Instagram Could Be Tough on Girls
- Too Much Screen Time May Pile on the Pounds
- Too Much Takeout Food Threatens Kids' Health
- Too Much Touchscreen Use Means Toddlers Can't Hold Pencils
- Top of Teachers' To-Do List: Focus on the Positives
- Tougher State Laws Curb Vaccine Refusers
- Tracking Preemies' Head Size May Yield IQ Clues
- Tragedy of Child Sexual Abuse Takes Financial Toll, Too
- Transgender Kids Face High Risk of Mental Health Woes
- Treatment for Teething Pain Poses Serious Health Threat: FDA
- Try Small 'Bites' to Get Kids to Exercise
- Turn Down the Music. Here's Why.
- U.S. Child Obesity Levels Not Falling After All
- U.S. News Ranks Best Children's Hospitals for 2018
- U.S. Teens Embracing Alternative Meds. Is That a Healthy Trend?
- Undernourished Kids May Face Hearing Problems Later On
- Health Tip: Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder
- Untangling the Ties Between Troubled Teens and Pot Use
- Urban Violence Has Wide-Ranging Impact on Schools
- Using Smartphones During Lectures, Lower Grades
- Vaccine-Exempt Students Behind N.C. Chickenpox Outbreak
- Vaccines Can Stem Poverty, Not Just Disease, Study Suggests
- Vaccines Don't Weaken Babies' Immune Systems: Study
- Video Games May Be OK for Toddlers -- If Mom or Dad Join In
- Want Good Sleep for Baby? Food May Be Key
- Weight-Loss Surgery Is Good for Obese Teens' Hearts
- What Are This Year's Most Dangerous Toys?
- What If You Lose Your Child at an Amusement Park?
- What Kids -- and Parents -- Fear Most at the Doctor's Office
- What to Do if Your Child Has Chickenpox
- Health Tip: What You Can Learn From Genetic Testing
- What Your Kids Want to Tell You About Social Media
- When Does Your Child's Headache Call for a Doctor Visit?
- When Kids Expect a Needle to Hurt, It Does
- When Kids Focus on 1 Sport, Overuse Injuries Rise
- When Parents Do Time, Kids Pay the Price
- Whole Grain-Rules for School Lunches Rolled Back by Trump Administration
- Why Choo-Choo is Better for Baby's Language Skills Than Train
- Why More Teens Aren't Getting Protection Against Common STD
- Will a Narcissist Steal Your Sweetheart Just for Kicks?
- Just Witnessing School Violence Can Leave Psychic Scars
- Routine X-Rays, Blood Tests Not Needed for Children's Concussions
- Yoga Can Soothe Anxious Grade Schoolers
- Could Young Age at School Start Lead to False Diagnosis of ADHD?
- Young Pitchers Should Keep Pitch Counts in Check
- Your 6-Month-Old Isn't Sleeping Through the Night? Relax
- Your Kid's New Reading Buddy Could Be a Robot
- Youth Violence in U.S. Declines -- but the War's Not Over
- Childhood Biting
- Growth Charts
- Infants: Child Development
- Living with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Potty Training
- Preschoolers: Child Development
- Teen: Child Development
- Temper Tantrums
- Toddler Food Guidelines
- Toddlers: Child Development
- Tween: Child Development
- Young Children: Child Development
- 'Jackass' Generation
- 12 Tips for Family Emergencies
- 7 Secrets of Toddler Discipline
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- Alcohol Abuse: Young. Eager. And Drunk
- Angry Grownups Are Real Spoilsports
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Treatment: On the Cutting Edge
- Babies: Even Babies Need Exercise
- Babies: More and More Babies Born Too Soon
- Baby Teeth Maintenance
- Back-to-School Health Checklist
- Back-to-School Health Checkup
- Beach & Water - Play it Safely!
- Bed Rest: Coping
- Body Image and Your Kids: Your Body Image Plays a Role in Theirs
- Breastfeeding: Helpful Tips
- Buy the Right Bike for Your Child!
- Cavities in Babies & Kids - The Truth
- Chickenpox Facts
- Child Passenger Safety - Know The Facts!
- Child Safety: One Minute Safety Seat Checklist
- Child Safety: Proper Seat Use Chart (Automobiles)
- Child-Proofing Basics
- Sports: Childhood Sports Injuries and Their Prevention
- Childproofing Your Home- 12 Safety Devices To Protect Your Children
- Children and Illness
- Children Coping With Divorce
- Children's Medicine - Get it Right!
- Children's Mental Health Facts
- Tylenol: Children's TYLENOL® Meltaways and SoftChews Recalled
- Choosing a Baby Sitter You Can Count on
- Choosing Child Care Service
- Choosing the Sex of Your Child
- Colic - Quieting
- College Drinking: The Hidden Consequences
- College Drinking: What Parents Need to Know
- Contracts of Trust Between Parents and Teenagers
- Crib & Toy Tips for Baby
- Day Care & Less Crime - Linked
- Day Care Centers Do More
- Daycare: Contagious Daycare?
- Dental Fears - This Won't Hurt
- Dental Hygiene
- Dial a Coach for Parenting Advice
- Diet Guidelines 10 - 15 Years
- Diet Guidelines For Children & Teens
- Diet Guidelines: 4 - 9 Years Of Age
- Diet Guidelines: 0-12 Months
- Diet Guidelines: 12-18 Months Of Age
- Diet Guidelines: 18 Months - 3 Years
- Dizziness Not Always Child's Play
- Domestic Violence - Not Noticed Like Public Violence
- Down Syndrome Was Not Discovered By Dr. Down
- Drug Testing: My Kid Is Drug-Free
- Early Screening for Autism Urged by Pediatricians
- Eating Healthy, Activity, and Kids
- Embryo screening : Coming Soon: Designer Babies?
- Exercise: Kids Can't Take the Heat
- Eye Exams for Children
- Eyeglasses for Kids
- Family Medical History
- Family-Sized New Year's Resolutions
- FDA-Approved Device Was Contaminated
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Fireworks - How to Have a Safe Fourth
- Parenting: Getting Your Child Hooked on Books
- Growing Pains: What Baby Growth Charts Really Mean
- Growing Pains: When Should Parents Worry?
- Halloween Make-up Special for Kids and Parents
- Children: Health Screening For Children
- Healthy Relationship: Going Nuts?
- Obesity: Parenting & Obesity
- Help for Sensory Integration Disorder in Kids
- Helping Your Child or Teen Cope with Trauma
- Helping Your Late-Talking Children
- Herbs for Kids
- Herbs for Kids: What's Safe, What's Not
- Holiday Toy's Recalled: The Top Ten, Beware!
- Holidays: Don't Make Holidays a Ho-Ho-Horror
- Home Delivery: Bringing Out Baby ... at Home
- Household Items - A Danger To Young Children
- How Grandparents Can Improve Your Child's Well-Being
- How Parents Can Help Young Kids Keep Moving
- How Safe Is Junior at Play?
- How to Be a Comeback Kid
- How to Have a Smarter Child
- How to Know When Your Family Needs Help
- How to Outfox Your Baby
- How to Pick a Summer Camp
- How to Talk to Children When a Parent Is Ill
- Hyperactivity: Medical Reality or Convenient Excuse?
- If a Child Is Overweight
- Infant Mortality
- Infants: Fat in Formula for Brainier Babies?
- Inhalants, Which Kids Do It?
- Insect Repellents for Kids
- Introducing Baby To Solid Foods
- Is Ipecac Syrup Always the Best Remedy?
- Is TV Really So Bad for Kids?
- Junk Food vs. Healthy Nutrition For Children
- Keeping Baby Hale and Hearty
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Keeping Kids Safe at Summer Camp
- Keeping Kids Safe in Sports
- Keeping Teens Safe, Locally
- Keeping the Honeymoon Alive
- Kid Nutrition: Nutrients to Grow On
- Kid Nutrition: Quick Tips for Parents
- Kidney Failure In Young Children
- Kids Afraid of Life
- Kids and Food: Any Link to Your Child's Behavior?
- Kids and Obesity: America's Kids at Risk
- Kids and Petting Zoos
- Kids and Sugar-Hyperactivity Myth
- Kids in the Water
- Kids on Antidepressants Suicide Alert
- Kids: 5 Steps to Avoid Backpack Injury
- Kids: Keeping Track of Your Children
- Know Thy Parent
- Lead Poisoning...A Preventable Tragedy
- Learning to Like Themselves
- Light Up July 4th -- Safely
- Little Evidence of Circumcision's Benefit, Says Pediatric Group
- Littlest Babies Damaged by Infection
- Look Who's Talking in Sign Language
- Making Baby Genius
- Making Sure Kids Get the Message
- Many Newborns Not Getting Vital Tests
- Measles Vaccination Time Moved Up
- Mental Health: Are Kids Good for Your Health?
- Mom and Pop Passion
- Motivating the Overweight Child
- Mumps - The Facts
- Mumps Facts
- Mumps Outbreaks
- National SAFE KIDS Week
- National School Breakfast Week
- Neural Tube Defects from Even One Gene
- New Healthcare for Teens
- Newborns: New Gift Ideas
- Nursing: Don't Panic, Use a Pacifier
- Nutrients For Growing Children
- Nutrition: Vegetarian Diets For Children & Teens
- Nutritional Needs Of Infants
- Obesity in Children: Mommy, Am I Fat?
- Obesity: Bedroom TVs Linked to Fatter Kids
- One Baby Shot for 5 Diseases
- Overcoming First-Day Jitters
- Overscheduled Child May Lead to a Bored Teen
- Paintball Guns & Other Air Guns are Lethal Weapons
- Paper Shredder Safety
- Parenting the Picky Eater
- Parenting Tips for the Holidays
- Parenting: 'Just Say No' Isn't Enough
- Parenting: 10 Tips for Raising Teenagers
- Parenting: 10 Ways to Raise Food-Smart Kids
- Parenting: 11 Ways to Get Kids in Shape for School
- Parenting: A Separate Bed For Baby
- Parenting: A Solid Foundation
- Parenting: Abstinence vs. Sex Ed.
- Parenting: Amusement Park Survival Guide
- Parenting: Avoid Toy Horror Stories
- Parenting: Baby's Got Colic and You Can't Cope
- Parenting: Baby-Safe Travel
- Parenting: Best Way To Teach Teens About Sex?
- Parenting: Birth Order and Personality
- Parenting: Breaking the Thumb-Sucking Habit
- Parenting: Getting Started With Adoption
- Parenting: Girls Just Wanna Be Mean
- Parenting: Going to College: How to Prepare
- Parenting: Grand Parenting?
- Parenting: Guidelines For Your Child's Bedtime
- Parenting: How to Get Your Kids to Behave
- Parenting: Is Your Child Spoiled Rotten?
- Parenting: Is Your Family Out of Control?
- Parenting: Know When to Hold 'Em
- Parenting: Make Dinnertime Family Time
- Parenting: Talking to Teens About Drugs
- Parenting: When Parents Clash
- Parents, Get Your Bed Back
- Parents: Pushing Teens Too Hard?
- Paxil Not for Kids
- Physical Activity For Children
- Pivotal Gene for Puberty
- Poison Prevention
- Pool Safety Gadgets Help Prevent Drowning
- Pool Safety: Tips for a Safe Summer for Children
- Positive Time-Out
- Powerful Bones, Powerful Girls
- Pregnancy and Sexual Abuse
- Pregnancy Planning: Before Baby, Get High or Lay Low
- Pregnancy: Baby's Coming -- But When?
- Pregnancy: Here's Lookin' at You, Baby
- Prenatal Portraits: Darling or Dangerous?
- Prevent a Child from Choking Alert
- Pro-Anorexia Web Sites Prey on Insecurities
- Protecting Children From Evil
- Protecting Your Child's Sight
- Puberty and Girls: Blossoming Too Early?
- Kids: Putting the Squeeze on Juice
- Kids: Quality vs. Quantity: TV Guidelines for Kids
- Kids: Questions to Ask Your Child's School
- Raising Heart-Smart Kids
- Remedy High in Lead Warning
- Research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Rickets Still Around and Still a Problem
- Rite of Passage or Cry for Help?
- Safe Toys, Gifts & Tips - For The Holidays
- Safety: Happy Holidays...Safe Toy Alert
- Santa Claus: Naughty or Nice?
- Kids: School of Hard Knocks
- Scooter Injuries...On The Rise
- Parenting: Secret Agent Mom
- Medical: Seeking a Killer
- Sex: Talking to Your Kids About Sex
- Shark Attacks on the Rise?
- Kids: Shopping for a Pediatrician
- Short Boys - More Likely Held Back in School
- Kids: Should Your Son Be Circumcised?
- Sickle Cell Month September
- Skateboarding Safety
- Sleeping: Move Over, Mom and Dad
- Kids: Special Report - Student Stress Starts Early
- Spring-Fall Flu Shots Tested for Kids
- Kids: Summer Fun for Kids
- Summer: Ensure a Happy Summer Camper
- Weight Management: Supersized Kids, Diminishing Health
- Parenting: Surviving Colic
- Swimming Pool Safety
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Kids: Taking a Shot at Child Vaccinations
- Talking with Children About the Terrorist Attacks
- Kids: Talking With Teens -- Tips for Better Communication
- Teen Behavior Reflects Teen Brain
- Teen Deaths May Be From DXM in Cough Medicines
- Teen Minds: What Are They Thinking?
- Teenagers: Why Do They Rebel?
- Teens & Technology: Fact Sheet
- Teens & Traffic Facts!
- Teens Sex Activity Tied to Drink & Drugs
- Teens Using Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs to Get High
- Teens Who Drink Too Much
- Teens, Technology, And Drugs: An Inside Look
- Teens: Gambling Can Be Bad Bet
- Teeth: Don't Neglect Your Kids' Baby Teeth
- Kids: Telling Your Kids About War
- Birth Defects: Testing For Birth Defects
- Bedwetting Blues
- The Crazy Things That Toddlers Do
- Infants: The Formula Conundrum
- Divorce: The Pain of Post-Divorce Parenting
- Infants: The Right Formula?
- Parenting: The Sound of Healing
- Youth Sports: The Stress
- Parenting: Thermometers
- Toilets & Toddlers Danger
- Top 10 Summer Dangers to Kids
- Parenting: Toxic Turf
- Parenting: Traveling With Kids: A Survival Guide
- Baby Into Baby Einstein
- Kids: Turning Tragedy Into a Cause
- Two Newlyweds Fight Fragile-X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS)
- Vaccinations for Children: A Must Read
- Autism to Vaccine Linked?
- Vaccines: Get an 'A' in Vaccines
- Vaccines: How Your Vaccines are Approved
- Violence at Home
- Parenting: Watch Baby Grow -- But Not Too Closely
- BreastFeeding: Weaning Your Breastfed Baby
- What Is the Alternative Vaccine Schedule?
- Parenting: What Makes Kids Intelligent?
- What to Do if the Kids Catch You in the Act
- What's in a Child's Name? A Lot
- When a Disease Causes Baby's Colic
- When a Mother Abandons Her Baby
- When Santa Stops Being Real
- Where Do Kids Learn About Sex?
- Who's Watching Our Teens?
- Whooping Cough Vaccine for Adolescents
- Window Guards & Stops - Keep Children Safe
- Work, Computer: Neck Exercises & Stretches
- World Breastfeeding Week