Trending Healthy Kids Topics
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of infected people. Signs and symptoms of head lice infestation include a tickling sensation, itching, and sores on the head.
Watch this slideshow to recognize the symptoms of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children from MedicineNet's expert medical doctors and healthcare professionals.
Related Disease Conditions
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
1p36 deletion syndrome is a genetic disorder that causes severe intellectual disability. Characteristics of 1p36 deletion sndrome...
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
Second Source article from Government...
7 Signs It's Time To Wean Your Baby from Breast or Bottle Feeding
When is it time to wean your baby from the breast or bottle to solid foods? Learn how and when to wean your child from breastmilk...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
Angiomyolipomas are noncancerous tumors that are typically found in the kidney, but may occur in the liver, ovary, colon, or...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Birth defects have many causes and currently, are the leading cause of death for infants in the first year of life. Some of the...
A branchial cyst is a congenital remnant from embryologic development that appears on the side of the neck. The cyst may develop...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Central Precocious Puberty
Central precocious puberty is characterized by the unusual early onset of puberty -- in girls, prior to 8 years of age, and boys,...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Cold Agglutinin Disease
Cold agglutinin hemolytic anemia or cold agglutinin hemolytic disease, is rare disorder of the autoimmune system. There are two...
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Croup Sounds, Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Croup is a contagious viral infection that affects children's respiratory system. Symptoms include a barking cough, stridor,...
Cystic hygroma is a birth defect that may be apparent while a fetus is still in the womb. It is a malformation of the lymphatic...
Get the facts on Down syndrome, a genetic disorder caused by an additional set of chromosomes in a developing fetus. Down...
Dyslexia affects a person's ability to spell, read, write, or even speak. It's considered the most common learning disability in...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Febrile seizures, or convulsions caused by fever, can be frightening in small children or infants. However, in general, febrile...
Fifth Disease (Parvovirus, Erythema Infectiosum)
Fifth disease (erythema infectiosum) is caused by a virus known as parvovirus B 19. Symptoms include low-grade fever, fatigue, a...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Hydrocele is a collection of clear fluid in a thin walled sack that also contains the testicle. Hydroceles are more common in...
Though human milk is the preferred feeding for infants, parents may consider formula-feeding if there is an inadequate supply of...
Is Croup Contagious?
Croup is a viral infection that typically affects children and causes inflammation of the larynx and trachea. The cough...
Is Impetigo Contagious?
Impetigo is a contagious bacterial infection that usually occurs in children ages 2-5. There are two types of impetigo: bullous...
Is Roseola Contagious?
Roseola is a common viral infection among children 6-24 months of age. Symptoms and signs include a high fever and a rash all...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
Jaundice (Newborn, Kernicterus)
Jaundice in infants occur when the baby's liver may not be developed enough to efficiently rid the body of bilirubin. Symptoms of...
Kidney dysplasia is a condition in which one or both of a baby's kidneys do not develop normally. In kidney dysplasia, cysts...
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS, infantile acquired aphasia, acquired epileptic aphasia, or aphasia with convulsive disorder), a...
Leigh's Disease (Leigh's Syndrome)
Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome) is a rare genetic neurometabolic disorder. The symptoms of Leigh's disease include loss of...
Loeys-Dietz syndrome is an inherited genetic syndrome characterized by aortic aneurysms in children. Children with Loeys-Dietz...
Methemoglobinemia (Beta-Globin Type)
Methemoglobinemia (beta-globin type) is an inherited genetic disorder characterized by an atypical form of hemoglobin that is...
Niemann-Pick disease is genetic (inherited) disease referred to as lipid storage disease. Niemann-Pick disease is divided into...
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys....
PANDAS is in part caused by an autoimmune response to a strep infection. Symptoms mimic those of OCD, ADHD, and include motor and...
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Pervasive Development Disorders
Pervasive development disorders (PPDs) are conditions involving developmental delays in children. There are five types of PDDs:...
Pfeiffer syndrome, a rare genetic disorder, is characterized by craniosynostosis and other birth defects. There are three...
Poland syndrome is a congenital malformation that affects one side of the body. Characteristics of Poland syndrome include the...
Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PIDD)
Primary immunodeficiency disease or PIDD is a group of over 250 genetic diseases that involve the immune system. Symptoms of...
Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome
Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome is an inherited genetic condition. This syndrome is characterized by a dramatic, rapid...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Reye's syndrome (RS or Reye syndrome) is a sudden, sometimes fatal, disease of the brain with degeneration of the liver. Reye...
Second Source article from Government...
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Infants and children who are exclusively breastfed, have...
Roseola is a viral illness that most commonly affects young children. Symptoms and signs include a sudden high fever that lasts...
Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and children throughout the world. Almost all children have...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Spina Bifida and Anencephaly (Neural Tube Defects)
Spina bifida is the most common neural tube defect in the United States. There are four types of spina bifida; 1) occulta, 2)...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Disease Prevention for Teens
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Thrush and Other Yeast Infections in Children
Yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of a type of fungus called Candida. Oral thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth...
Treacher Collins Syndrome
Treacher Collins syndrome (TCS) is a rare genetic condition that affects the development of the bones and tissues of the face....
Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare genetic disease caused by defects on two genes. The signs and symptoms of TSC vary...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Second Source article from Government...
Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in children. Symptoms and signs include fever and abdominal pain. Associated...
Urine Blockage in Newborns
There are many syndromes and defects that may cause urine blockage in newborns. Defects in the urinary tract that may cause urine...
West Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Prognosis, Life Expectancy)
West Syndrome is rare condition that affects infants and children, and has three distinct signs and symptoms (characteristics),...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
ADHD Symptoms in Children
What is ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)? Learn to recognize ADHD symptoms in children....
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Ear Infection Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about the causes and symptoms of ear infections and how they are diagnosed and treated. Read about treatments such as ear...
Autism Signs in Children: What Is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
What is autism? Learn about the signs, symptoms, and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Get information about the causes of...
Newborn Quiz: Baby Care Facts
Take the Babies Quiz to learn what milestones and developments you can expect from your baby’s first year....
Picture of Baby Acne
Pink pimples ("neonatal acne") are often caused by exposure in the womb to maternal hormones. See a picture of Baby Acne and...
Baby's First Year: Month to Month Development Milestones
When do babies learn to crawl? Start teething? Learn about major milestones in your baby's first months. Get tips on how to help...
Feeding Baby Year 1: Starting Solids With Baby Food in Pictures
These nutritious foods are great for your baby's first year, and include cereal and baby food. Our experts offer tips on starting...
Bottle-Feeding and Infant Formula
Do you need to warm a bottle? What's the best way to burp your baby? Find out what you need to know about bottle feeding and...
Your Child's First Year of Development
What developmental milestones can you expect to see during baby's first year? Find out when babies learn to smile, laugh, crawl,...
Baby Skin Care: Tips to Keep Newborn's Skin Healthy
Caring for your newborn baby's skin may seem complex, but it doesn't have to be. There are many skin conditions such as peeling,...
Picture of Baby Yeast Infections
Thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in the mouth and on the tongue. See a picture of Baby Yeast Infections and...
Newborn Skin-Care: Rashes, Umbilical Cord Care, Bathing & Baby Products
What does normal baby skin look like? These photos will guide you in proper baby skin care. Learn how to care for your baby's...
Better Ways to Feed Your Baby
What tips and tricks help you introduce healthy foods to your baby's diet. Learn techniques for feeding that work for infants and...
10 Common Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers
Watch this slideshow to see common symptoms and home treatment for infant and childhood illnesses including fever, nausea,...
Childhood Obesity Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Take the Childhood Obesity Quiz to test your knowledge of the facts and...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Children’s Health: 11 Causes of Common Skin Rashes
What causes skin rashes in children? See which chemicals in your home could be causing your child's skin rash, irritated skin,...
Picture of Cradle Cap
Cradle cap (also called seborrheic dermatitis) is a rash that begins as scaling and redness on a baby's scalp. See a picture of...
Picture of Diaper Rash
Almost every baby will get diaper rash at least once during the first 3 years of life, with the majority of these babies 9-12...
Quick Tips to Feed a Picky Eater With Pictures
Discover these quick tips for feeding a picky eater. See the problems found with picky eaters and learn parenting strategies to...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 2
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Foot
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 2
Multiple, discrete, small, vesicular lesions on the fingers and palms; similar lesions were also present on the feet. See a...
Lice & Nits: How to Get Rid of Head Lice
Learn how to get rid of head lice. Head lice attach themselves to the scalp and feed off of human blood. Discover head lice...
How to Diaper Your Baby
With plenty of chances to diaper your newborn baby, these step-by-step tips will help you master the art of diaper changing and...
Picture of Juvenile Xanthogranuloma
This is a common and completely benign cutaneous nodule. Typically, a juvenile xanthogranuloma is firm and dome-shaped. See a...
Picture of Kawasaki's Disease
Blotchy erythema on the trunk of a child with Kawasaki's disease. See a picture of Kawasaki's Disease and learn more about the...
Top 10 Parenting Mistakes- Children, Infants, Toddlers, Teens
Parenting a child isn't easy. Explore the top 10 mistakes that new parents make. Discover newborn parenting tips for...
How to Get Rid of Nausea and Vomiting
What is nausea? Do you want to know how to get rid of nausea and how to stop vomiting? Learn home remedies for nausea,...
10 Tips to Soothe Your Crying or Colicky Baby
Learn top parenting tricks for calming crying, colicky, and fussy newborns and babies....
Top Surprises of Life After Baby Arrives in Pictures
What are surprises new parents when they bring a baby home? Learn about infant sleep, getting help, adult relationships, and...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Healthy Eating for Kids - Recipes and Meal Ideas
Teaching healthy eating to kids and toddlers can be tricky. How do you get your kids to eat vegetables? Are your kids eating a...
Parenting: Learn to Be a Better Parent
Good parenting isn't magical. It takes learning, dedication, and hard work. Learn how to set rules, offer love, and discipline...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Whooping cough (bordetella pertussis) is a highly contagious bacterial infection. Read how vaccines and antibiotics could prevent...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn
Salmon patch on the glabella of a newborn. See a picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Sucking Blister
The oval blister pictured here was present at birth and is a result of normal sucking behavior in utero. See a picture of Sucking...
Teen Drug Abuse: Warning Signs, Statistics, and Facts
Teen drug abuse is a growing concern today. Learn statistics, facts, warning signs, and effects related to teen substance abuse...
Teen Drama: Handling Mean Girls, Cyber Bullying, and Sexting
Being a teenage girl comes with a variety of challenges. Here are tips on dealing with dating, sexting, cyber bullying, mean...
Your Toddler: Typical Second-Year Milestones With Pictures
Your child's second year is full of toddler milestone such as running, climbing, kicking a ball, and more. Discover child...
Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
Food for the brain boosts memory and concentration. Here are some healthy brain food meal ideas for toddlers and other kids....
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
This is a benign neonatal dermatosis that is most common among African-American infants. See a picture of Transient Neonatal...
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
Transient neonatal pustular melanosis. See a Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Twin-to-Twin Transfusion
Twins who develop with some form of common circulation in utero may show a temporary difference of cutaneous color related to...
Tips For Raising Healthy Kids
Make smart choices about nutrition and help your child develop a positive relationship with healthy food. Read how to raise...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Apgar Score
- Autism Screening and Diagnosis
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Childhood Vaccination Schedule
- Detecting Hearing Loss in Children
- Developmental Screening
- Newborn Infant Hearing Screening
- Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis)
- Central Precocious Puberty
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Lead Poisoning
- Learning Disability
- Neonatal Jaundice
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Teen Drug Abuse
- Age Appropriate Halloween Tips for Kids
- Animal Bites - Cat, Dog & Others
- Are ADHD Rates Increasing?
- Genetics: What Are Little Boys & Girls Made Of?
- Are Poinsettia Plants Poisonous? Fact or Fiction?
- Ask the Experts - Childhood Obesity
- Ask the Experts - Children's Health
- Autism: Early Symptoms and Screening Tests
- Can I Treat ADHD Without Medication?
- Can You Outgrow ADHD?
- Canavan Disease - Genetic Screening Advised
- Cerebral Palsy, What You Need To Know
- Chickenpox Vaccine for My Child?
- Colic Remedies to Comfort Your Baby
- Cryptosporidium Symptoms and Treatment
- Developmental Screening - Critical for Every Child
- Breast Feeding - Do Breast Fed Babies Do Better?
- Does My Child Have ADHD?
- Down Syndrome Causes and Symptoms
- Down Syndrome Ups & Downs
- Early Red Flags and Warning Signs of Autism
- Kid's Early TV = Poor Attention Later
- Fifth Disease: Fathoming Fifth Disease
- What Does It Mean When Children Cough up Sulfur Granules?
- Getting Hard on Soft Drinks in Schools
- How Do I Get My Child to Stop Thumbsucking?
- Huffing: Is Your Child or Teen Huffing (Inhalant Abuse)?
- Children: Tips for Choosing a Pediatrician
- Nutrition: Juice Drinks for Toddlers - How Much Is Too Much?
- Kids and Exercise (Growth and Development)
- Childhood and Obesity
- Kiss of Death Growth Disorder (Ubiquitin)
- Lead Poisoning Symptoms
- Diarrhea: Moms Uninformed About Rotavirus Illness
- National Poison Prevention Week
- Neonatal Sepsis (Sepsis Neonatorum)
- 9 Common Newborn Screening Tests
- Noonan Syndrome Diagnosis
- Paper Shredders: Pose Risk for Injuries
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Paternity Test
- Pediatric Burn Injuries & Gas Cans
- Polio Prevention - Practice and Politics
- Respiratory Virus (RSV) Strikes More Infants
- Secondhand Smoke May Lower Children's IQ
- SIDS - Risk Factors and Prevention
- Sports Safety for Kids
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs
- The Hygiene Hypothesis
- Toddler Health - Are Bowed Legs Normal?
- Tonsillectomy: Does My Child Need a Tonsillectomy?
- Tonsils and Adenoids, Parent's Perspective
- Tourette Syndrome Symptoms
- Untimely Tip - Helmets for Ice Skating Kids
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Symptoms?
- What Are the Side Effects of Strattera?
- What Are the Symptoms of ADHD?
- Ectopia Cordis
- What Is Vesicoureteral Reflux in Children?
- Whooping Cough Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- For Kids With Rare Condition, 'Restricted' Diets Can Turn Dangerous
- 'Controlled Burns' Better for Kids' Health Than Wildfires: Study
- 'Dad Shaming' Is Real, Survey Shows
- AHA News: Amid 'Epidemic' of School Vaping, a Search for Solutions
- 'Huffing' Deodorant Cost One Teen His Life
- In California, Some Doctors Sell 'Medical Exemptions' for Kids' Vaccinations
- 'Secret Shopper' Study Shows How Easily Teens Can Buy E-Cigs
- 'Toy Story 4' Toys Recalled Due to Choking Hazard
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- 1 in 5 Kids Don't Strap on Helmets Before Biking
- 1 in 5 U.S. High School Students Now Vapes: CDC
- 1 in 8 Teen Girls Has Faced 'Reproductive Coercion'
- Health Tip: 10 Ways to Encourage Kids to Eat Healthier
- 2 of 3 Parents Read Texts While Driving
- 5 Health Tips to Promote Back-to-School Success
- A Baby's Laugh Is Truly Monkey Business
- A Childhood Full of Happy Memories Might Benefit Your Health Today
- A Good Night's Sleep Is Key to School Success
- A Healthy Baby Starts With a Healthy Mom
- A Kid-Friendly Emergency Room Saves Lives
- Health Tip: A Pediatrician's Role in Special Education
- A Prescription for Medicating Your Child Safely
- A Simple Way to Help Prevent Child Obesity
- A Smooth Move Makes for a Happier Child
- Adding Breakfast to Classrooms May Have a Health Downside
- ADHD Meds Help Keep Kids Out of Trouble
- ADHD Meds May Alter Boys' Brains
- Adult Support Can Make the Difference for Boys From Tough Neighborhoods
- Teen Pot-Smoking Drops in Washington State After Legalization
- After Pot Legalized, Colorado's Teens Moved From Smoking to Edibles, 'Dabbing'
- 'Aggressive Steps' Needed to Stop Teen Use of E-Cigarettes: U.S. Surgeon General
- Air Pollution May be Linked With Psychotic Experiences in Teens: Study
- Most Airplanes Not Equipped With First Aid for Kids
- All That Screen Time Won't Hurt Your Kid's Grades - Maybe
- All That Twitter, Snapchat May Not Be Bad for Teens
- Almost All U.S. Teens Falling Short on Sleep, Exercise
- An Easy Recipe for Healthier Back-to-School Lunches
- Animal Study Suggests Ritalin Won't Harm the Heart
- Another Video Game Risk to Watch Out For
- Anti-Addiction Meds Can Help Teen Opioid Abusers, Too
- U.S. Anti-Vaccination Controversy Boosted by Russian Trolls
- Anti-Vaccine Movement a 'Man-Made' Health Crisis, Scientists Warn
- Antibiotics During Infancy May Up Childhood Obesity Risk
- Antibiotics Prescribed More Often to Children During Telemedicine Visits
- Antibiotics Still Misused in Babies With Viral Lung Infections
- Are Kids' Ball Pits Jumping With Germs?
- Are Kids' Playgrounds Really Safe?
- Are TV Cereal Ads Making Your Kids Fat?
- As Finals Draw Near, College Kids' Diets Worsen
- As School Starts, Pack That Lunch With Nutritional Goodies
- As Millions of Teens Get Hooked on Vaping, What Works to Help Them Quit?
- August Is Deadliest Month for Young Football Players
- Autism, ADHD in One Child Tied to Raised Risk in Siblings
- Babies Still Dying Due to Unsafe Sleep Practices
- Baby Steps Head Off a Fussy Eater
- Baby-Led Eating: A Healthier Approach
- Backpacks Shouldn't Be a Back-to-School Burden on Health
- Bathing a Baby Less Scary Than It Sounds
- Before Teen Is Prescribed Opioids, Look at Family's Drug Use
- Being Bullied May Alter the Teen Brain
- What's Best for Babies With Recurring Ear Infections
- Where's the Best Place for Your Child's Sports Physical Exam?
- Better Sleep Equals Better Grades in College
- Blood Donation by Teen Girls May Raise Anemia Risk
- Strict Blood Pressure Limits for Kids Tied to Heart Health Later
- Boom in Pot 'Concentrates' Could Pose Addiction Risk for Teens
- Bouncing From 'Jump Park' Trampolines Into the ER
- Breast Milk Has Biggest Benefit for Preemies' Brains: Study
- Breast Milk, Formula Affect Baby's 'Microbiome' in Different Ways
- Breastfeeding May Shield Baby From Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Breastfeeding Is Still Best
- Breastfeeding May Cut Kids' Eczema Risk
- Bringing Baby in a Lyft, Uber? Child Car Seats Are Rarely Included
- Building a Better Backpack
- California Bill Would Tighten Controls on Children's Genitalia Surgery
- California Took on Anti-Vaxxers, and Won
- Can Games and Apps Help Your Kids Learn?
- Can Playing a Sport Foster Better-Adjusted Kids?
- Many Cases of Polio-Like Illness in Kids May Be Misdiagnosed
- CDC Warns of Polio-Like Virus Striking More U.S. Kids
- Chickenpox Vaccine Shields Kids From Shingles, Too
- Abuse, Injury More Likely When Child is With Male Caregiver: Study
- Childhood Obesity Rate Still Climbing in the US
- Childhood Risk Factors Can Predict Adult Obesity
- Children Can Make You Happier, But Only After They've Left Home: Study
- Cholesterol Levels Improving Among U.S. Kids
- Cleaning Your Baby's Pacifier By Sucking On It May Do Baby Good
- Close Friendships Boost Your Self-Esteem, and Vice Versa: Study
- Codeine: An Opioid Threat to Kids
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- Common Chemical Tied to Language Delay in Kids
- Common Infant Vaccine May Also Shield Kids From Type 1 Diabetes
- Concussion Often Hits Elementary School Kids, Too
- Connected Teens Become Healthier Adults
- Millions of Contigo Kids Cleanable Water Bottles Recalled
- Cost Puts Sports, Art Programs Out of Reach for Many Families
- AHA News: Couple Kept the Faith as Baby Neared Death -- and Then a Transplant Saved Him
- Crash Risk Much Higher for Teen Drivers With ADHD
- Cut the Fat for Lunch
- Decoding Newborn's DNA Could Pinpoint Hidden Risks
- Delaying Baby's First Bath May Bring Benefits
- Depressed Moms, More Anxious, Troubled Kids?
- Marketing OK'd for Device to Help Reduce IBS Symptoms in Adolescents
- Diet Sodas May Not Help Kids Cut Calories
- Disabling Hip Ailment Is Another Health Risk for Obese Kids
- Doctors More Cautious Now When Prescribing Opioids to Kids
- Experts Want Doctors to Add Vaping to Youth Prevention Pitch
- Does Bullying Start at Home?
- Does Diet Affect a Child's ADHD?
- Does Parents' Smoking Raise Future Heart Risks for Kids?
- Don't Blame Technology for Young People's Mood Problems: Study
- Don't Give Infants Honey-Filled Pacifiers: FDA
- Don't Let Kids Wander Alone in Parking Lots
- Don't Miss Mental Health Issues in Your College Student
- Don't Open Medical Pot Dispensaries Near Schools: Poll
- Don't Send Report Cards Home on This Day
- Drug Studies in Children Often Go Unfinished: Study
- E-Cig Use Triples Odds That Teens Will Smoke Pot: Study
- E-Cigarettes Used in 5% of U.S. Homes With Kids
- Earlier Bedtimes Help Kids Fight Obesity
- Encourage Your Teen to Work Out for Better Learning
- EPA Won't Ban Pesticide Linked to Brain Harm in Children
- Even Non-Concussion Head Hits Affect Young Football Players' Vision
- Every Sudden Infant Death Deserves a Closer Look: Report
- Experts Sound Warning About 'Baby Boxes'
- Experts' Guide to Trampoline Safety
- Explaining, Easing the Horror of Mass Shootings for Your Kids
- Extreme Dieting in Teens Often Intensifies in Adulthood
- Family Leave Boosts Breastfeeding Rates, But Mostly for Affluent Moms
- Family, School Support May Help Stop Bullies in Their Tracks
- Farm-to-Table Movement Goes to School
- FDA to Crack Down on Retailers That Keep Selling Tobacco to Kids
- FDA Will Ban Many Flavored E-Cigarettes
- FDA Head Says Feds May Intervene to Cut Vaccine Exemptions for Kids
- Fiber: It's Not Just for Adults
- Fisher-Price Recalls 71,000 More Infant Sleepers
- Flavored E-Cigarettes Hold Greatest Appeal for Youth
- Better Food Assistance Programs Might Lower Childhood Obesity Rates
- Foods That Can Lead to Obesity in Kids
- For Kids, Obesity and Mental Health Woes Often Go Hand-in-Hand
- For Kids' Sports, Diversification Is Best
- For Poor Kids, Less Time Spent on Reading, Exercise: Study
- Gene Therapy Might Prove a Cure for 'Bubble Boy' Disease
- Genetic Changes Tied to Rare Brain Bleeds in Babies
- How to Get Your College Years Off to a Healthy Start
- Giving Your Child a Time-Out Won't Cause Long-Term Damage: Study
- Lots of Gluten During Toddler Years Might Raise Odds for Celiac Disease
- Good Sleep Helps Kids Become Slimmer, Healthier Teens: Study
- Survey Urges Grandparents to Lock Down Their Meds When Kids Visit
- Green Space Good for Your Child's Mental Health
- Have Kids, Buy More Produce?
- Having an Extra Finger Can Come in Handy
- Head Off the Blues When Your Teen Heads to College
- Health Cautions for Young Male Athletes
- Health Tip: Prepare Teens to Make Medical Decisions
- Health Tip: Addressing Your Child's Biting Habit
- Health Tip: Avoid Burns From Playground Equipment
- Health Tip: Avoid Mouth Injuries in Children
- Health Tip: Becoming a Step Parent
- Health Tip: Before You Get Help for Stuttering
- Health Tip: Build Stronger Bones
- Health Tip: Celebrate Graduation Responsibly
- Health Tip: Children and Pets
- Health Tip: Choking Hazards for Children
- Health Tip: Choosing a Car Seat
- Health Tip: Cook With Your Child
- Health Tip: Create a Reading-Friendly Home
- Health Tip: Dangers of Teen E-Cigarette Use
- Health Tip: Diarrhea in Kids
- Health Tip: Discussing Divorce With Kids
- Health Tip: Ear Piercing For Kids
- Health Tip: Ease Separation Anxiety
- Health Tip: Easing College Application Anxiety
- Health Tip: Foster Healthy Hair Habits for Kids
- Health Tip: Get Your Child to School on Time
- Health Tip: Giving Cough Medicine to a Child
- Health Tip: Giving Medicine Safely to Children
- Health Tip: Helping Children Adjust to a Move
- Health Tip: How Much Sleep Does Your Child Need?
- Health Tip: If Your Child Develops a Fever
- Health Tip: Keep Toys Simple
- Health Tip: Keep Your Teen Driver Safe
- Health Tip: Lessen Growing Pains
- Health Tip: Long-Term Anxiety Can Affect Learning
- Health Tip: Managing Your Family's Digital Life
- Health Tip: Mental Illness Warning Signs
- Health Tip: Nutritional Needs for Your Teen
- Health Tip: Parenting Adopted Teens
- Health Tip: Positive Parenting in Mid-Childhood
- Health Tip: Prevent Bullying
- Health Tip: Prevent Rotavirus
- Health Tip: Prevent Temper Tantrums
- Health Tip: Preventing Child Burns
- Health Tip: Protecting Children from the Flu
- Health Tip: Reduce Childhood Stress
- Health Tip: Responsibilities of Non-Vaccination
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Stroke in Kids
- Health Tip: Safe Crafting for Kids
- Health Tip: Safe Sleep For Babies
- Health Tip: Safe Tips For Antibiotic Use
- Health Tip: Safely Storing Guns
- Health Tip: Safety Basics for New Teen Drivers
- Health Tip: Signs of Dyslexia in Preschoolers
- Health Tip: Signs of Learning Disabilities
- Health Tip: Signs of Vision Problems in Infants
- Health Tip: Staying Well During the School Year
- Health Tip: Stretches for Young Athletes
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Child's Vision
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Baby
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Kids Early About Alcohol Use
- Health Tip: Too Much Screen Time
- Health Tip: Treating an Infant's Fever
- Health Tip: Treating Rashes
- Health Tip: Treating Scoliosis
- Health Tip: Understanding a Heart Murmur
- Health Tip: Understanding Bottlemouth Syndrome
- Health Tip: Understanding Eczema
- Health Tip: Understanding the HPV Vaccine
- Health Tip: What to Do If You Suspect a Concussion
- Health Tip: When a Child's Adenoids Act Up
- Health Tip: When Kids Drink Coffee
- Health Tip: Your Changing Voice
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids Pay Off
- Heavy Teen Boys May Face Higher Heart Disease Risk as Adults
- Helping Kids Develop Good Study Habits
- Helping the Young Mind Grow
- Here's How Too Much Social Media Can Harm Girls
- Hot-Car Deaths Hit Record High in 2018
- How Do Kids Learn To Turn Off Troublesome Tics?
- How Does Room Temperature Affect Test Scores?
- How Kids Benefit From Doing Chores
- How Long Will Your Teen Live? Personality Might Tell
- How Much Does Your Kid Weigh? Chances Are, You're Underestimating
- AHA News: With Summer Vacation Here, How Much Screen Time Is Too Much?
- How to Cut Your Kids' Sugar Intake
- How to Foster Your Child's Imagination
- How to Help When Your Child is Struggling in School
- How to Help When Your Child Weighs Too Much
- How to Help Your Teen Use Social Media Safely
- How to Keep Your Kids Safe From Cyberbullying
- How to Protect Your Baby Against Eczema
- How to Protect Your Baby From Unsafe Products
- How to Protect Your Child From Choking
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- How to Put Limits on Your Family's Screen Time
- How to Raise Global Citizens of Tomorrow
- How to Recognize Early Learning Challenges in Kids
- How to Soothe Baby's Teething Pain Safely
- How to Tame Morning Chaos
- HPV Vaccination Rate in U.S. Girls Has Stalled
- Hundreds of Young Kids Drown in Pools Each Year -- Keep Yours Safe
- If a Child's Schoolwork Slips, Don't Rule Out Hearing Loss
- In-Store Marketing Helps Get Kids Vaping
- Inactive Lifestyle Begins as Early as Age 7: Study
- Infant Formula Powder Recalled Due to Possible Metal Contamination
- U.S. Cases of Infant Gut Illness Plummet After Vaccine Introduced
- More Infant Ibuprofen Recalled Due to Higher Concentrations
- Infections in the Young May Be Tied to Risk for Mental Illness: Study
- Injured Parent Can Mean Sleepless Nights for Kids
- Instant-Soup Burns Send Almost 10,000 Kids to ERs Each Year
- Intense Gaming Can Trigger Irregular Heartbeat, Fainting in Some Players
- Is a Charter School the Right Choice for Your Child?
- Is Juice on School Menus a Problem?
- Is Your Child Depressed or Suicidal? Here Are the Warning Signs
- Is Your Daughter, the Athlete, Eating Enough?
- Junk Food Ads Target Minority Kids: Study
- Juul Drawing Lots of Teen Followers on Twitter
- Juul Electronic Cigarettes Never Meant for Teens, Company Co-Founder Says
- Keep E-Cigs Away From Youth to Win War Against Tobacco
- Keep Your Child Safe in Her High Chair
- Keep Your Kids Safe From Burns
- Keeping Your Teen Driver Safe
- Kid-Friendly Food Swaps Everyone Will Love
- Kids + Gadgets = Less Sleep and More Risk for Unwanted Weight
- Kids Can Get 'Stuck' on Traumatic Event, Leading to PTSD
- Kids Can Get UTIs, Too
- Many U.S. Kids Don't Drink Enough Water, and Obesity May Be the Result
- Kids Exposed to Lead at Higher Odds for Mental Health Issues Later
- Kids Get Caught in Deadly Cross-Fire of Domestic Violence
- Kids Getting Too Many Opioids After Tonsillectomy
- Kids in Hot Cars: How to Prevent Heatstroke Deaths
- Kids in Poor Neighborhoods Face Higher Odds for Obesity as Adults
- Kids of Opioid-Using Parents May Be More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Kids Often Prescribed Drugs 'Off-Label,' Raising Concerns
- Aspirin, Antihistamines: Kids Often Use OTC Drugs in Suicide Attempts
- Kids Still Being Poisoned by Detergent Pods
- Swallowing Toiletries, Makeup Sends Thousands of Kids to ER Each Year
- Kids Who Specialize in One Sport Too Early Are Likely to Get Hurt: Study
- Kids' ER Visits for Swallowing Toys, Foreign Objects Have Doubled Since 1990s
- Kids' Pedestrian Death Rate Rises on Halloween: Study
- Kindergarten Behavior Linked to Life Earnings in Study
- Kindness: 12 Minutes to a Better Mood
- Later Bedtimes Could Mean Wider Waistlines for Teen Girls
- Later School Start Time Pays Off With More Attentive Students
- Legalizing Marijuana Not a Trigger for Teen Toking
- Less 'Screen Time,' More Sleep = Better-Behaved Kids
- Lifesaving Drug for Babies Costs $2.1 Million a Dose
- Health Tip: Limit Fat, Sugar and Salt in Your Child's Diet
- Living Near Major Roads Can Slow Kids' Development: Study
- Lots of Time on Social Media Linked to Anxiety, Depression in Teens
- Low Vitamin D at Birth Linked to Kids' High Blood Pressure Risk
- Major Medical Groups Call for Soda Taxes
- How to Make Your Child's Hospital Stay Safer, Less Stressful
- Make Learning Fun, and Kids Learn More
- Make Those School Lunches More Nutritious
- Making the Most of Your Baby's First 3 Years
- Making Your Child Apologize May Backfire
- Many Dietary Supplements Dangerous for Teens
- Many Kids With Chronic Illness Are Still Happy: Study
- Many Lesbian, Gay Teens Still Face Rejection by Parents
- 'Failure to Launch': Poll Finds Many Older Teens Still Too Reliant on Parents
- Many Parents Think Vaping Around Kids Is Fine
- Many Parents Would Switch Doctors Over Vaccination Policy, Poll Finds
- Many Teens Are 'Sextortion' Targets
- Many Teens, Young Adults Don't Get Private Time With Doctors
- Many Teens Don't Know They Are Vaping Nicotine
- Many U.S. Parents Share Leftover Antibiotics: Survey
- Many Young Juul Users May Not Know They're Addicted
- Many Youngsters Aren't Ready for Kindergarten
- Marijuana Use by U.S. Teens Has Jumped 10-fold Since 1990s
- Mental Health and College Students
- Half of U.S. Kids With a Mental Health Disorder Don't Get Treatment
- Mental Health Woes Are Rising in Young Americans -- Is Social Media to Blame?
- More Americans Are Raising Their Grandkids
- More College Students Seeking Mental Health Care
- More Sleep in Seattle: Later Start to School Brings Kids Better Grades
- More U.S. Teens Are Vaping, But Use of Opioids, Alcohol Falls
- More Teens Try Pot Before Booze, Cigarettes
- More U.S. Kids Being Diagnosed With Autism, ADHD
- More U.S. Teen Girls Are Victims of Suicide Than Thought, Study Finds
- More U.S. Teens, Kids Seeking Mental Health Care in ERs
- Family Home, Football Field Most Dangerous Spots for Kids' Head Injuries
- Most Parents Want Age Limits on Football Tackling
- Naps Don't Help Down Syndrome Kids Learn: Study
- Nature or Nurture? Twins Study Helps Sort Out Genes' Role in Disease
- Navigating New Parent Nerves
- Nearly 5 Million American Kids Are Obese, New Study Finds
- Nearly 700,000 Infant Rocking Sleepers Recalled Due to Infant Deaths
- Nearly Half of Juul Twitter Followers Are Teens, Young Adults: Study
- Need to Be Vaccinated? Try Your Local Pharmacy
- New Drug Combats Leading Cause of Dwarfism
- New Evidence Pot May Harm the Teen Brain
- New Finding Challenges Old Notions About Dyslexia
- New Healthy Drinks Guidelines for Kids: Skip the Soy, Avoid Sugars
- Newborn's 'Microbiome' Could Give Clues to Weight Later
- Newly Mapped Genes May Hold Keys to ADHD
- Nix That TV in Your 4-Year-Old's Bedroom
- No More Than 1 Hour of Screen Time a Day for Young Kids: WHO
- Nose Holds Clues to Baby's First Cold
- Nursing Moms Who Eat Right Have Slimmer, Healthier Babies
- Nurturing Childhood Boosts Odds of a Happy Adult Life: Study
- Obese Teen Boys More Prone to Heart Attacks in Middle Age
- Obesity a Heartbreaker for Kids
- Obesity a Painful Reality for 1 in 6 U.S. Youths
- Obesity Boosts Childhood Asthma Risk by 30 Percent
- Obesity May Harm Kids' Academics, Coping Skills
- Obesity Rates Fall for U.S. Preschoolers
- Old-Fashioned Play Beats Digital Toys for Kids, Pediatricians Say
- Older Parents May Have Better Behaved Kids
- One Plus of Texting, Social Media: Divorce Made Easier on Kids
- One-Third of U.S. Kids Have Back Pain, Study Says
- Online Learning: What's in It for You?
- Opioid Epidemic Doubled Number of U.S. Kids Sent to Foster Care
- Opioid Overdose Deaths Triple Among Teens, Kids
- Opioid Prescriptions to Teens, Young Adults Still Common
- Opioids Overprescribed for Common Children's Fracture, Study Says
- Experts Outline Down Syndrome's Developmental Milestones
- AHA News: Overweight Kids at Higher Risk for Blood Clots as Adults
- Overweight Kids Are at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Paid Family Leave Helps Keep Babies' Vaccines on Track: Study
- Painless Ways to Limit Your Kids' Screen Time
- Paper Books Beat Tablets for Parent-Child Interactions, Study Finds
- Parent Who Listens Can Help Kids Thrive Despite Trauma
- 3 Parenting Essentials to Safeguard Kids' Well-Being
- Many Parents Conflicted About Opioids for Their Teens' Pain
- Parents Often Unaware of Kids' Suicidal Thoughts
- Reacting Against a 'Too Clean' World, Some Parents Go Too Far the Other Way
- Parents Who Belittle Their Children May Be Raising Bullies
- Parents, Don't Be So Quick to Jump to an ADHD Diagnosis
- Parents, Think Before You Drink This Holiday
- Parents, Throw the Garden at Your Picky Eater
- Pediatric Group Issues Updated ADHD Guidelines
- Pediatricians Push for Laws to Prevent Teen Vaping
- Pediatricians Renew Call to Abandon Spanking
- Pokeman Characters Linger in Brain Well Past Childhood
- Pot Poisonings Among Kids, Teens Double After Medical Marijuana Law Passed
- Teen Pot Use Fell in States That Legalized Medical Marijuana: Study
- AHA News: Understanding Connection Between Poverty, Childhood Trauma and Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Preparing Your Child For Sleepaway Camp
- Preschool Is Prime Time to Teach Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Pressuring Kids to Diet Can Backfire, Damaging Long-Term Health
- Putting Your Child to Sleep in a Car Seat Can Be Deadly
- Raising a Child With ADHD Can Test a Parent
- Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Depression in Teens
- Meet 'Huggable,' the Robot Bear Who's Helping Hospitalized Kids
- School Bullying's Impact Can Last a Lifetime: Study
- Screen Time for the Very Young Has Doubled in 20 Years: Study
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Found in Kids' Lungs
- Secrets to Soothing a Cranky Baby Safely
- Setting Preschoolers on an Active Path
- Sexting May Be Less Common Among Teens Than You Think
- Sharp Rise Seen in Kids' ER Visits for Mental Health Woes
- Single Moms Often Put Kids' Health Care First, Study Finds
- The Skinny on Schools' Efforts to Promote Healthy Eating
- Sleep May Speed Kids' Recovery From Concussion
- Sleep, Don't Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Smartphones, Summer Birth Could Raise Kids' Odds for Nearsightedness
- Smoke Alarm With Mom's Voice Wakes Children Faster
- Could Soaps, Shampoos Be Pushing Girls Into Early Puberty?
- Social Media a Big Driver of Teen Vaping Craze: Study
- Social Media 'Influencers' Can Get Kids Eating Junk Food
- Social Media Tied to Depression in Teens, Especially Girls
- Soft Furniture No Cushion Against Falls for Young Kids
- Some Boys Are Having Sex Before 13
- Health Tip: Some Cake Decorations Shouldn't Be Eaten
- Team Sports Could Help Traumatized Kids Grow Into Healthy Adults
- AHA: Startling These Twins Could Put Their Hearts at Risk
- Sticking to One Sport Could Up Injuries Among Teen Athletes
- Still Too Few Teens Getting the HPV Vaccine
- Strengthening Family Ties Through Online Gaming
- Strike Up the Band for Better Grades
- Largest Study Ever Finds No Link Between Measles Vaccine, Autism
- Suicidal Behavior Nearly Doubles Among U.S. Kids
- Swallowed Batteries Should Be Removed to Avoid Stomach Damage: Study
- Swimming Lessons a Must for Everyone
- Taking a Bite Out of Food Ads Targeted to Kids
- Target Recalls Nearly Half a Million Wooden Toys for Choking Danger
- Teaching Kids the Importance of an Apology
- Teasing Kids About Weight Linked to More Weight Gain
- Teen Defies Mother, Gets Vaccinations
- Teen Drivers, Passengers Need to Be Safety-Conscious
- Teen Pot Use Linked to Later Depression, Suicide Attempts
- Teen Sexting Can Be Warning Sign of Other Risky Behaviors
- Teen Use of Flavored E-Cigarettes Keeps Rising
- Teen's Fussy 'Junk Food' Diet Leaves Him Blind
- Teenage Obesity May Raise Pancreatic Cancer Risk Years Later
- Lots of Teens Are Breathing in Others' Vaping Fumes
- Teens at High-Performing Schools Less Likely to Use Pot
- Teens Often Off the Mark About Their Weight, With Unhealthy Results
- Teens Risk Seizures, Coma When They Use 'Synthetic Pot'
- Teens Who Hurt Themselves More Likely to Hurt Others
- Teens' E-Cig Surge Hasn't Hurt Move Away From Smoking: Study
- Teens' Opioid Abuse May Be Gateway to Heroin
- Teething Jewelry Linked to at Least One Baby's Death: FDA
- Ten Infant Deaths Linked to Fisher-Price Rock 'N Play Sleepers
- The 'Choking Game,' the 'Bird Box Challenge': Which Kids Are Most at Risk?
- The 1-Parent Family and Kids' Health Risks
- The Lowdown on E-Cigarette Risks for Kids
- The Real Reasons Parents Refuse HPV Vaccination
- The Reality of Watching Reality TV
- Thriving in a Multi-Generational Home
- Time Change Tougher for Kids With Mental Health Issues
- Tips for Keeping Your Child Healthy at Camp
- Toddlers May Gain More From Paper Books Than E-Books: Study
- Tongue, Lip Snip Surgeries May Be Overused in U.S. Newborns
- Too Much Screen Time a Damper on Child's Development
- Toxins in Home Furnishings Can Be Passed on to Kids
- Toy Guns Pose Big Threat to Young Eyes
- Tracking Preemies' Head Size May Yield IQ Clues
- Train Tracks Deadly for Kids, But Many Parents Underestimate the Danger
- Troublesome Teen? Try Changing Your Tone
- Try Small 'Bites' to Get Kids to Exercise
- TV Not a Good Sleep Aid for Young Kids
- Twins' Deaths in Hot Car Highlight a Preventable Tragedy
- U.S. News: Boston Children's Hospital Still the Best
- U.S. Youth Suicide Rate Reaches 20-Year High
- Unfit Teens Often Grow Into Sickly Middle Age, Study Shows
- Untangling the Ties Between Troubled Teens and Pot Use
- Up to 1 Hour of General Anesthesia Safe for Infants: Study
- Use of 'Zombie' Drug Rare Among High School Seniors: Study
- Most U.S. Parents Say Vaccination Should Be Requirement for School: Poll
- Vaccine-Exempt Students Behind N.C. Chickenpox Outbreak
- Vaping May Pose Big Risk for Smoking in Otherwise 'Low-Risk' Kids
- Vaping Is Erasing Gains Made Against Teen Smoking
- Treatment for Very-Preterm Infants May Lead to Antibiotic Resistance
- Video Games Don't Hamper Boys' Social Skills, Study Finds
- Vulnerable Preemie Babies Often Behind On Vaccines
- Was Dyslexia the Secret to Leonardo da Vinci's Greatness?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Just as Successful for Teens With Down Syndrome
- What Are This Year's Most Dangerous Toys?
- What Happens to the Children When Parents Fight?
- What to Do When Your Child Throws a Fit
- When E-Cig Makers Offer Promotional Items, More Teens Likely to Vape
- Where Marijuana Is Legal, Many Teens Drive While High
- Which Dogs Are More Likely to Bite Your Kids?
- Whole Grain-Rules for School Lunches Rolled Back by Trump Administration
- Why It's Important to Boost Baby's Vocabulary Now
- Why Kids Should Play More Than One Sport
- Will Video Games Make Your Kid Obese? Maybe Not
- Featherlight, Wireless Sensors Let Parents Cuddle Their Preemies
- AHA News: With Humor -- and Brain-Shaped Jell-O -- This Doctor Teaches Kids About Health
- Young Adults Flocking to Energy Drinks
- Could Young Age at School Start Lead to False Diagnosis of ADHD?
- Young Child Goes to ER for Medicine Poisoning Every 10 Minutes: Report
- Youngest in Classroom Diagnosed More Often With ADHD, Other Problems
- Your 6-Month-Old Isn't Sleeping Through the Night? Relax
- Childhood Biting
- Growth Charts
- Infants: Child Development
- Living with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Potty Training
- Preschoolers: Child Development
- Teen: Child Development
- Temper Tantrums
- Toddler Food Guidelines
- Toddlers: Child Development
- Tween: Child Development
- Young Children: Child Development
- 'Jackass' Generation
- 7 Secrets of Toddler Discipline
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- Alcohol Abuse: Young. Eager. And Drunk
- Angry Grownups Are Real Spoilsports
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Treatment: On the Cutting Edge
- Babies: Even Babies Need Exercise
- Babies: More and More Babies Born Too Soon
- Baby Teeth Maintenance
- Back-to-School Health Checklist
- Back-to-School Health Checkup
- Beach & Water - Play it Safely!
- Bed Rest: Coping
- Body Image and Your Kids: Your Body Image Plays a Role in Theirs
- Buy the Right Bike for Your Child!
- Cavities in Babies & Kids - The Truth
- Chickenpox Facts
- Child Passenger Safety - Know The Facts!
- Child-Proofing Basics
- Sports: Childhood Sports Injuries and Their Prevention
- Children and Illness
- Children Coping With Divorce
- Tylenol: Children's TYLENOL® Meltaways and SoftChews Recalled
- Choosing a Baby Sitter You Can Count on
- Choosing Child Care Service
- Choosing the Sex of Your Child
- Colic - Quieting
- College Drinking: The Hidden Consequences
- College Drinking: What Parents Need to Know
- Contracts of Trust Between Parents and Teenagers
- Crib & Toy Tips for Baby
- Day Care & Less Crime - Linked
- Day Care Centers Do More
- Daycare: Contagious Daycare?
- Dental Fears - This Won't Hurt
- Dial a Coach for Parenting Advice
- Dizziness Not Always Child's Play
- Domestic Violence - Not Noticed Like Public Violence
- Down Syndrome Was Not Discovered By Dr. Down
- Drug Testing: My Kid Is Drug-Free
- Early Screening for Autism Urged by Pediatricians
- Embryo screening : Coming Soon: Designer Babies?
- Exercise: Kids Can't Take the Heat
- Eye Exams for Children
- Eyeglasses for Kids
- Family Medical History
- Family-Sized New Year's Resolutions
- FDA-Approved Device Was Contaminated
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Fireworks - How to Have a Safe Fourth
- Parenting: Getting Your Child Hooked on Books
- Growing Pains: What Baby Growth Charts Really Mean
- Growing Pains: When Should Parents Worry?
- Children: Health Screening For Children
- Healthy Relationship: Going Nuts?
- Obesity: Parenting & Obesity
- Help for Sensory Integration Disorder in Kids
- Helping Your Late-Talking Children
- Herbs for Kids
- Herbs for Kids: What's Safe, What's Not
- Holiday Toy's Recalled: The Top Ten, Beware!
- Holidays: Don't Make Holidays a Ho-Ho-Horror
- Home Delivery: Bringing Out Baby ... at Home
- Household Items - A Danger To Young Children
- How Grandparents Can Improve Your Child's Well-Being
- How Parents Can Help Young Kids Keep Moving
- How Safe Is Junior at Play?
- How to Be a Comeback Kid
- How to Have a Smarter Child
- How to Know When Your Family Needs Help
- How to Outfox Your Baby
- How to Pick a Summer Camp
- How to Talk to Children When a Parent Is Ill
- Hyperactivity: Medical Reality or Convenient Excuse?
- If a Child Is Overweight
- Infant Mortality
- Infants: Fat in Formula for Brainier Babies?
- Inhalants, Which Kids Do It?
- Insect Repellents for Kids
- Is Ipecac Syrup Always the Best Remedy?
- Is TV Really So Bad for Kids?
- Junk Food vs. Healthy Nutrition For Children
- Keeping Baby Hale and Hearty
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Keeping Kids Safe at Summer Camp
- Keeping Kids Safe in Sports
- Keeping Teens Safe, Locally
- Keeping the Honeymoon Alive
- Kid Nutrition: Nutrients to Grow On
- Kid Nutrition: Quick Tips for Parents
- Kidney Failure In Young Children
- Kids Afraid of Life
- Kids and Food: Any Link to Your Child's Behavior?
- Kids and Obesity: America's Kids at Risk
- Kids and Petting Zoos
- Kids and Sugar-Hyperactivity Myth
- Kids in the Water
- Kids on Antidepressants Suicide Alert
- Kids: Keeping Track of Your Children
- Know Thy Parent
- Lead Poisoning...A Preventable Tragedy
- Learning to Like Themselves
- Light Up July 4th -- Safely
- Little Evidence of Circumcision's Benefit, Says Pediatric Group
- Littlest Babies Damaged by Infection
- Look Who's Talking in Sign Language
- Making Baby Genius
- Making Sure Kids Get the Message
- Measles Vaccination Time Moved Up
- Mental Health: Are Kids Good for Your Health?
- Mom and Pop Passion
- Motivating the Overweight Child
- Mumps - The Facts
- Mumps Facts
- Mumps Outbreaks
- National SAFE KIDS Week
- National School Breakfast Week
- Neural Tube Defects from Even One Gene
- New Healthcare for Teens
- Newborns: New Gift Ideas
- Nursing: Don't Panic, Use a Pacifier
- Obesity in Children: Mommy, Am I Fat?
- Obesity: Bedroom TVs Linked to Fatter Kids
- One Baby Shot for 5 Diseases
- Overcoming First-Day Jitters
- Overscheduled Child May Lead to a Bored Teen
- Paintball Guns & Other Air Guns are Lethal Weapons
- Paper Shredder Safety
- Parenting the Picky Eater
- Parenting Tips for the Holidays
- Parenting: 'Just Say No' Isn't Enough
- Parenting: 10 Tips for Raising Teenagers
- Parenting: 10 Ways to Raise Food-Smart Kids
- Parenting: 11 Ways to Get Kids in Shape for School
- Parenting: A Separate Bed For Baby
- Parenting: A Solid Foundation
- Parenting: Abstinence vs. Sex Ed.
- Parenting: Amusement Park Survival Guide
- Parenting: Avoid Toy Horror Stories
- Parenting: Baby's Got Colic and You Can't Cope
- Parenting: Baby-Safe Travel
- Parenting: Best Way To Teach Teens About Sex?
- Parenting: Birth Order and Personality
- Parenting: Breaking the Thumb-Sucking Habit
- Parenting: Getting Started With Adoption
- Parenting: Girls Just Wanna Be Mean
- Parenting: Going to College: How to Prepare
- Parenting: Grand Parenting?
- Parenting: Guidelines For Your Child's Bedtime
- Parenting: How to Get Your Kids to Behave
- Parenting: Is Your Child Spoiled Rotten?
- Parenting: Is Your Family Out of Control?
- Parenting: Know When to Hold 'Em
- Parenting: Make Dinnertime Family Time
- Parenting: Talking to Teens About Drugs
- Parenting: When Parents Clash
- Parents, Get Your Bed Back
- Parents: Pushing Teens Too Hard?
- Paxil Not for Kids
- Pivotal Gene for Puberty
- Poison Prevention
- Pool Safety Gadgets Help Prevent Drowning
- Pool Safety: Tips for a Safe Summer for Children
- Positive Time-Out
- Powerful Bones, Powerful Girls
- Pregnancy and Sexual Abuse
- Pregnancy Planning: Before Baby, Get High or Lay Low
- Pregnancy: Baby's Coming -- But When?
- Pregnancy: Here's Lookin' at You, Baby
- Prenatal Portraits: Darling or Dangerous?
- Pro-Anorexia Web Sites Prey on Insecurities
- Protecting Children From Evil
- Protecting Your Child's Sight
- Puberty and Girls: Blossoming Too Early?
- Kids: Putting the Squeeze on Juice
- Kids: Quality vs. Quantity: TV Guidelines for Kids
- Kids: Questions to Ask Your Child's School
- Raising Heart-Smart Kids
- Remedy High in Lead Warning
- Research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Rickets Still Around and Still a Problem
- Rite of Passage or Cry for Help?
- Safe Toys, Gifts & Tips - For The Holidays
- Safety: Happy Holidays...Safe Toy Alert
- Santa Claus: Naughty or Nice?
- Kids: School of Hard Knocks
- Scooter Injuries...On The Rise
- Parenting: Secret Agent Mom
- Medical: Seeking a Killer
- Sex: Talking to Your Kids About Sex
- Shark Attacks on the Rise?
- Kids: Shopping for a Pediatrician
- Short Boys - More Likely Held Back in School
- Kids: Should Your Son Be Circumcised?
- Sickle Cell Month September
- Sleeping: Move Over, Mom and Dad
- Kids: Special Report - Student Stress Starts Early
- Spring-Fall Flu Shots Tested for Kids
- Kids: Summer Fun for Kids
- Summer: Ensure a Happy Summer Camper
- Weight Management: Supersized Kids, Diminishing Health
- Parenting: Surviving Colic
- Swimming Pool Safety
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Kids: Taking a Shot at Child Vaccinations
- Talking with Children About the Terrorist Attacks
- Kids: Talking With Teens -- Tips for Better Communication
- Teen Behavior Reflects Teen Brain
- Teen Deaths May Be From DXM in Cough Medicines
- Teen Minds: What Are They Thinking?
- Teenagers: Why Do They Rebel?
- Teens & Technology: Fact Sheet
- Teens & Traffic Facts!
- Teens Sex Activity Tied to Drink & Drugs
- Teens Using Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs to Get High
- Teens Who Drink Too Much
- Teens, Technology, And Drugs: An Inside Look
- Teens: Gambling Can Be Bad Bet
- Teeth: Don't Neglect Your Kids' Baby Teeth
- Kids: Telling Your Kids About War
- Birth Defects: Testing For Birth Defects
- Bedwetting Blues
- The Crazy Things That Toddlers Do
- Infants: The Formula Conundrum
- Divorce: The Pain of Post-Divorce Parenting
- Infants: The Right Formula?
- Parenting: The Sound of Healing
- Youth Sports: The Stress
- Parenting: Thermometers
- Parenting: Toxic Turf
- Parenting: Traveling With Kids: A Survival Guide
- Baby Into Baby Einstein
- Kids: Turning Tragedy Into a Cause
- Two Newlyweds Fight Fragile-X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS)
- Autism to Vaccine Linked?
- Vaccines: Get an 'A' in Vaccines
- Vaccines: How Your Vaccines are Approved
- Violence at Home
- Parenting: Watch Baby Grow -- But Not Too Closely
- BreastFeeding: Weaning Your Breastfed Baby
- What Is the Alternative Vaccine Schedule?
- Parenting: What Makes Kids Intelligent?
- What to Do if the Kids Catch You in the Act
- What's in a Child's Name? A Lot
- When a Disease Causes Baby's Colic
- When a Mother Abandons Her Baby
- When Santa Stops Being Real
- Where Do Kids Learn About Sex?
- Who's Watching Our Teens?
- Whooping Cough Vaccine for Adolescents
- Window Guards & Stops - Keep Children Safe
- World Breastfeeding Week