Trending Healthy Kids Topics
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of infected people. Signs and symptoms of head lice infestation include a tickling sensation, itching, and sores on the head.
Watch this slideshow to recognize the symptoms of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in children from MedicineNet's expert medical doctors and healthcare professionals.
Related Disease Conditions
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
1p36 deletion syndrome is a genetic disorder that causes severe intellectual disability. Characteristics of 1p36 deletion sndrome...
1p36 Deletion Syndrome
Second Source article from Government...
7 Signs It's Time To Wean Your Baby from Breast or Bottle Feeding
When is it time to wean your baby from the breast or bottle to solid foods? Learn how and when to wean your child from breastmilk...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
Angiomyolipomas are noncancerous tumors that are typically found in the kidney, but may occur in the liver, ovary, colon, or...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Birth defects have many causes and currently, are the leading cause of death for infants in the first year of life. Some of the...
A branchial cyst is a congenital remnant from embryologic development that appears on the side of the neck. The cyst may develop...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Central Precocious Puberty
Central precocious puberty is characterized by the unusual early onset of puberty -- in girls, prior to 8 years of age, and boys,...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Cold Agglutinin Disease
Cold agglutinin hemolytic anemia or cold agglutinin hemolytic disease, is rare disorder of the autoimmune system. There are two...
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Croup Sounds, Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Croup is a contagious viral infection that affects children's respiratory system. Symptoms include a barking cough, stridor,...
Cystic hygroma is a birth defect that may be apparent while a fetus is still in the womb. It is a malformation of the lymphatic...
Get the facts on Down syndrome, a genetic disorder caused by an additional set of chromosomes in a developing fetus. Down...
Dyslexia affects a person's ability to spell, read, write, or even speak. It's considered the most common learning disability in...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Febrile seizures, or convulsions caused by fever, can be frightening in small children or infants. However, in general, febrile...
Fifth Disease (Parvovirus, Erythema Infectiosum)
Fifth disease (erythema infectiosum) is caused by a virus known as parvovirus B 19. Symptoms include low-grade fever, fatigue, a...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Hydrocele is a collection of clear fluid in a thin walled sack that also contains the testicle. Hydroceles are more common in...
Though human milk is the preferred feeding for infants, parents may consider formula-feeding if there is an inadequate supply of...
Is Croup Contagious?
Croup is a viral infection that typically affects children and causes inflammation of the larynx and trachea. The cough...
Is Impetigo Contagious?
Impetigo is a contagious bacterial infection that usually occurs in children ages 2-5. There are two types of impetigo: bullous...
Is Roseola Contagious?
Roseola is a common viral infection among children 6-24 months of age. Symptoms and signs include a high fever and a rash all...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
Jaundice (Newborn, Kernicterus)
Jaundice in infants occur when the baby's liver may not be developed enough to efficiently rid the body of bilirubin. Symptoms of...
Kidney dysplasia is a condition in which one or both of a baby's kidneys do not develop normally. In kidney dysplasia, cysts...
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS, infantile acquired aphasia, acquired epileptic aphasia, or aphasia with convulsive disorder), a...
Leigh's Disease (Leigh's Syndrome)
Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome) is a rare genetic neurometabolic disorder. The symptoms of Leigh's disease include loss of...
Loeys-Dietz syndrome is an inherited genetic syndrome characterized by aortic aneurysms in children. Children with Loeys-Dietz...
Methemoglobinemia (Beta-Globin Type)
Methemoglobinemia (beta-globin type) is an inherited genetic disorder characterized by an atypical form of hemoglobin that is...
Niemann-Pick disease is genetic (inherited) disease referred to as lipid storage disease. Niemann-Pick disease is divided into...
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys....
PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated With Streptococcal Infections)
PANDAS is in part caused by an autoimmune response to a strep infection. Symptoms mimic those of OCD, ADHD, and include motor and...
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Pervasive Development Disorders
Pervasive development disorders (PPDs) are conditions involving developmental delays in children. There are five types of PDDs:...
Pfeiffer syndrome, a rare genetic disorder, is characterized by craniosynostosis and other birth defects. There are three...
Poland syndrome is a congenital malformation that affects one side of the body. Characteristics of Poland syndrome include the...
Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PIDD)
Primary immunodeficiency disease or PIDD is a group of over 250 genetic diseases that involve the immune system. Symptoms of...
Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome
Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome is an inherited genetic condition. This syndrome is characterized by a dramatic, rapid...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Reye's syndrome (RS or Reye syndrome) is a sudden, sometimes fatal, disease of the brain with degeneration of the liver. Reye...
Second Source article from Government...
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Infants and children who are exclusively breastfed, have...
Roseola is a viral illness that most commonly affects young children. Symptoms and signs include a sudden high fever that lasts...
Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and children throughout the world. Almost all children have...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
The cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is unknown. The risk of SIDS peaks in infants 2-4 months of age. SIDS is more...
Spina Bifida and Anencephaly (Neural Tube Defects)
Spina bifida is the most common neural tube defect in the United States. There are four types of spina bifida; 1) occulta, 2)...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Thrush and Other Yeast Infections in Children
Yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of a type of fungus called Candida. Oral thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth...
Treacher Collins Syndrome
Treacher Collins syndrome (TCS) is a rare genetic condition that affects the development of the bones and tissues of the face....
Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare genetic disease caused by defects on two genes. The signs and symptoms of TSC vary...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Second Source article from Government...
Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in children. Symptoms and signs include fever and abdominal pain. Associated...
Urine Blockage in Newborns
There are many syndromes and defects that may cause urine blockage in newborns. Defects in the urinary tract that may cause urine...
West Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Prognosis, Life Expectancy)
West Syndrome is rare condition that affects infants and children, and has three distinct signs and symptoms (characteristics),...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
ADHD Symptoms in Children
What is ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)? Learn to recognize ADHD symptoms in children....
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Ear Infection Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about the causes and symptoms of ear infections and how they are diagnosed and treated. Read about treatments such as ear...
Autism Signs in Children: What Is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
What is autism? Learn about the signs, symptoms, and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Get information about the causes of...
Newborn Quiz: Baby Care Facts
Take the Babies Quiz to learn what milestones and developments you can expect from your baby’s first year....
Picture of Baby Acne
Pink pimples ("neonatal acne") are often caused by exposure in the womb to maternal hormones. See a picture of Baby Acne and...
Baby's First Year: Month to Month Development Milestones
When do babies learn to crawl? Start teething? Learn about major milestones in your baby's first months. Get tips on how to help...
Feeding Baby Year 1: Starting Solids With Baby Food in Pictures
These nutritious foods are great for your baby's first year, and include cereal and baby food. Our experts offer tips on starting...
Bottle-Feeding and Infant Formula
Do you need to warm a bottle? What's the best way to burp your baby? Find out what you need to know about bottle feeding and...
Your Child's First Year of Development
What developmental milestones can you expect to see during baby's first year? Find out when babies learn to smile, laugh, crawl,...
Baby Skin Care: Tips to Keep Newborn's Skin Healthy
Caring for your newborn baby's skin may seem complex, but it doesn't have to be. There are many skin conditions such as peeling,...
Picture of Baby Yeast Infections
Thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in the mouth and on the tongue. See a picture of Baby Yeast Infections and...
Newborn Skin-Care: Rashes, Umbilical Cord Care, Bathing & Baby Products
What does normal baby skin look like? These photos will guide you in proper baby skin care. Learn how to care for your baby's...
Better Ways to Feed Your Baby
What tips and tricks help you introduce healthy foods to your baby's diet. Learn techniques for feeding that work for infants and...
10 Common Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers
Watch this slideshow to see common symptoms and home treatment for infant and childhood illnesses including fever, nausea,...
Childhood Obesity Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Take the Childhood Obesity Quiz to test your knowledge of the facts and...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Children’s Health: 11 Causes of Common Skin Rashes
What causes skin rashes in children? See which chemicals in your home could be causing your child's skin rash, irritated skin,...
Picture of Cradle Cap
Cradle cap (also called seborrheic dermatitis) is a rash that begins as scaling and redness on a baby's scalp. See a picture of...
Picture of Diaper Rash
Almost every baby will get diaper rash at least once during the first 3 years of life, with the majority of these babies 9-12...
Quick Tips to Feed a Picky Eater With Pictures
Discover these quick tips for feeding a picky eater. See the problems found with picky eaters and learn parenting strategies to...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Mouth 2
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Foot
It most often occurs in late summer and early fall. The prodrome consists of low-grade fever and malaise. See a...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 1
This common and benign viral disease of childhood is usually caused by the A16 strain of coxsackievirus, although other strains...
Picture of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease on Hand 2
Multiple, discrete, small, vesicular lesions on the fingers and palms; similar lesions were also present on the feet. See a...
Lice & Nits: How to Get Rid of Head Lice
Learn how to get rid of head lice. Head lice attach themselves to the scalp and feed off of human blood. Discover head lice...
How to Diaper Your Baby
With plenty of chances to diaper your newborn baby, these step-by-step tips will help you master the art of diaper changing and...
Picture of Juvenile Xanthogranuloma
This is a common and completely benign cutaneous nodule. Typically, a juvenile xanthogranuloma is firm and dome-shaped. See a...
Picture of Kawasaki's Disease
Blotchy erythema on the trunk of a child with Kawasaki's disease. See a picture of Kawasaki's Disease and learn more about the...
Top 10 Parenting Mistakes- Children, Infants, Toddlers, Teens
Parenting a child isn't easy. Explore the top 10 mistakes that new parents make. Discover newborn parenting tips for...
How to Get Rid of Nausea and Vomiting
What is nausea? Do you want to know how to get rid of nausea and how to stop vomiting? Learn home remedies for nausea,...
10 Tips to Soothe Your Crying or Colicky Baby
Learn top parenting tricks for calming crying, colicky, and fussy newborns and babies....
Top Surprises of Life After Baby Arrives in Pictures
What are surprises new parents when they bring a baby home? Learn about infant sleep, getting help, adult relationships, and...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Healthy Eating for Kids - Recipes and Meal Ideas
Teaching healthy eating to kids and toddlers can be tricky. How do you get your kids to eat vegetables? Are your kids eating a...
Parenting: Learn to Be a Better Parent
Good parenting isn't magical. It takes learning, dedication, and hard work. Learn how to set rules, offer love, and discipline...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Whooping cough (bordetella pertussis) is a highly contagious bacterial infection. Read how vaccines and antibiotics could prevent...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn
Salmon patch on the glabella of a newborn. See a picture of Salmon Patch on Newborn and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Sucking Blister
The oval blister pictured here was present at birth and is a result of normal sucking behavior in utero. See a picture of Sucking...
Teen Drug Abuse: Warning Signs, Statistics, and Facts
Teen drug abuse is a growing concern today. Learn statistics, facts, warning signs, and effects related to teen substance abuse...
Teen Drama: Handling Mean Girls, Cyber Bullying, and Sexting
Being a teenage girl comes with a variety of challenges. Here are tips on dealing with dating, sexting, cyber bullying, mean...
Your Toddler: Typical Second-Year Milestones With Pictures
Your child's second year is full of toddler milestone such as running, climbing, kicking a ball, and more. Discover child...
Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
Food for the brain boosts memory and concentration. Here are some healthy brain food meal ideas for toddlers and other kids....
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
This is a benign neonatal dermatosis that is most common among African-American infants. See a picture of Transient Neonatal...
Picture of Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis
Transient neonatal pustular melanosis. See a Transient Neonatal Pustular Melanosis and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Twin-to-Twin Transfusion
Twins who develop with some form of common circulation in utero may show a temporary difference of cutaneous color related to...
Tips For Raising Healthy Kids
Make smart choices about nutrition and help your child develop a positive relationship with healthy food. Read how to raise...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Apgar Score
- Autism Screening and Diagnosis
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Childhood Vaccination Schedule
- Detecting Hearing Loss in Children
- Developmental Screening
- Newborn Infant Hearing Screening
- Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions
- Age Appropriate Halloween Tips for Kids
- Animal Bites - Cat, Dog & Others
- Are ADHD Rates Increasing?
- Genetics: What Are Little Boys & Girls Made Of?
- Are Poinsettia Plants Poisonous? Fact or Fiction?
- Ask the Experts - Childhood Obesity
- Ask the Experts - Children's Health
- Autism: Early Symptoms and Screening Tests
- Can I Treat ADHD Without Medication?
- Can You Outgrow ADHD?
- Canavan Disease - Genetic Screening Advised
- Cerebral Palsy, What You Need To Know
- Chickenpox Vaccine for My Child?
- Colic Remedies to Comfort Your Baby
- Cryptosporidium Symptoms and Treatment
- Developmental Screening - Critical for Every Child
- Breast Feeding - Do Breast Fed Babies Do Better?
- Does My Child Have ADHD?
- Down Syndrome Causes and Symptoms
- Down Syndrome Ups & Downs
- Early Red Flags and Warning Signs of Autism
- Kid's Early TV = Poor Attention Later
- Fifth Disease: Fathoming Fifth Disease
- What Does It Mean When Children Cough up Sulfur Granules?
- Getting Hard on Soft Drinks in Schools
- How Do I Get My Child to Stop Thumbsucking?
- Huffing: Is Your Child or Teen Huffing (Inhalant Abuse)?
- Children: Tips for Choosing a Pediatrician
- Nutrition: Juice Drinks for Toddlers - How Much Is Too Much?
- Kids and Exercise (Growth and Development)
- Childhood and Obesity
- Kiss of Death Growth Disorder (Ubiquitin)
- Lead Poisoning Symptoms
- Diarrhea: Moms Uninformed About Rotavirus Illness
- National Poison Prevention Week
- Neonatal Sepsis (Sepsis Neonatorum)
- 9 Common Newborn Screening Tests
- Noonan Syndrome Diagnosis
- Paper Shredders: Pose Risk for Injuries
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Paternity Test
- Pediatric Burn Injuries & Gas Cans
- Polio Prevention - Practice and Politics
- Respiratory Virus (RSV) Strikes More Infants
- Secondhand Smoke May Lower Children's IQ
- SIDS - Risk Factors and Prevention
- Sports Safety for Kids
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs
- The Hygiene Hypothesis
- Toddler Health - Are Bowed Legs Normal?
- Tonsillectomy: Does My Child Need a Tonsillectomy?
- Tonsils and Adenoids, Parent's Perspective
- Tourette Syndrome Symptoms
- Untimely Tip - Helmets for Ice Skating Kids
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Symptoms?
- What Are the Side Effects of Strattera?
- What Are the Symptoms of ADHD?
- Ectopia Cordis
- What Is Vesicoureteral Reflux in Children?
- Whooping Cough Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- How 'Helicopter' Parenting Impedes a Child's Development
- 'Huffing' Deodorant Cost One Teen His Life
- In California, Some Doctors Sell 'Medical Exemptions' for Kids' Vaccinations
- 1 in 3 High School E-Cig Users Vape Pot: Survey
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- 1 in 5 College Students So Stressed They Consider Suicide
- 1 in 5 U.S. High School Students Now Vapes: CDC
- Health Tip: 10 Ways to Encourage Kids to Eat Healthier
- 2 in 5 Teens Text While Driving, Survey Shows
- 2.5 Million U.S. High School Students Had a Concussion in Past Year
- 25 U.S. Kids Treated in ERs Every Hour for Bike Injuries
- A Baby's Laugh Is Truly Monkey Business
- A Bright Future Might Help Teens Steer Clear of Violence
- A Childhood Full of Happy Memories Might Benefit Your Health Today
- Health Tip: A Pediatrician's Role in Special Education
- A Smooth Move Makes for a Happier Child
- A-C-T to Prevent Hot Car Tragedies
- Acing Intro to College Life
- Adding Breakfast to Classrooms May Have a Health Downside
- Teen Pot-Smoking Drops in Washington State After Legalization
- 'Aggressive Steps' Needed to Stop Teen Use of E-Cigarettes: U.S. Surgeon General
- Aggressive Treatment Doesn't Slow Type 2 Diabetes in Children: Study
- Air Pollution May be Linked With Psychotic Experiences in Teens: Study
- All That Twitter, Snapchat May Not Be Bad for Teens
- Almost 1,300 Genes Seem Tied to Academic Success
- Almost All U.S. Teens Falling Short on Sleep, Exercise
- Americans' Obsession With Sugar Starts in Infancy
- Animal Cruelty May Indicate Child Abuse
- Animal Study Suggests Ritalin Won't Harm the Heart
- Antibiotics During Infancy May Up Childhood Obesity Risk
- Antibiotics Prescribed More Often to Children During Telemedicine Visits
- Antibiotics Still Misused in Babies With Viral Lung Infections
- Are High-Tech Baby Monitors Worth It? Or Even Safe?
- Are Kids' Ball Pits Jumping With Germs?
- Are Kids' Playgrounds Really Safe?
- Are TV Cereal Ads Making Your Kids Fat?
- Are You Car Seat Savvy?
- As Finals Draw Near, College Kids' Diets Worsen
- As U.S. Kids Take More Meds, Dangerous Drug Mixes Could Rise
- As Millions of Teens Get Hooked on Vaping, What Works to Help Them Quit?
- Autism, ADHD in One Child Tied to Raised Risk in Siblings
- Babies Still Dying Due to Unsafe Sleep Practices
- Baby Steps Head Off a Fussy Eater
- Baby-Led Eating: A Healthier Approach
- Before Teen Is Prescribed Opioids, Look at Family's Drug Use
- Being Bullied May Alter the Teen Brain
- What's Best for Babies With Recurring Ear Infections
- Binge Drinking: A Hazard for Teen Bones?
- Blood Donation by Teen Girls May Raise Anemia Risk
- Strict Blood Pressure Limits for Kids Tied to Heart Health Later
- Booster Shots Safe for Most Kids Who Have Vaccine Reaction: Study
- Bouncing From 'Jump Park' Trampolines Into the ER
- Boys Lag Behind Girls in Reading by 4th Grade
- Boys' Early Pot Use Linked to Adult Drug Abuse
- Breast Milk Has Biggest Benefit for Preemies' Brains: Study
- Breast Milk May Boost Preemies' Brain Development
- Breast Milk, Formula Affect Baby's 'Microbiome' in Different Ways
- Breast-Feeding Suffers in Homes With Smokers: Study
- Breastfeeding May Shield Baby From Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Breastfeeding Is Still Best
- Breastfeeding May Cut Kids' Eczema Risk
- Bringing Baby in a Lyft, Uber? Child Car Seats Are Rarely Included
- California Bill Would Tighten Controls on Children's Genitalia Surgery
- Can Excess Weight in Toddlers Cause Brain Drain?
- Can Games and Apps Help Your Kids Learn?
- Can Mouth Swab at Age 2 Predict Obesity?
- Can Smartphones Trigger ADHD Symptoms in Teens?
- Can Teen Drivers Be Scared Into Safe Driving?
- Can Too Much Screen Time Dumb Down Your Kid?
- Many Cases of Polio-Like Illness in Kids May Be Misdiagnosed
- CDC Warns of Polio-Like Virus Striking More U.S. Kids
- Clean Skin, Hands Critical for 'Kangaroo Care' for Preemies
- Cleaning Your Baby's Pacifier By Sucking On It May Do Baby Good
- Closed Cars Can Become Deathly Hot in Minutes
- Codeine: An Opioid Threat to Kids
- College Grades Low? Try a Different Seat in the Classroom
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- Common Chemical Tied to Language Delay in Kids
- Cost Puts Sports, Art Programs Out of Reach for Many Families
- Could Household Cleaners Make Your Kid Fat?
- Countries That Ban Spanking See Less Teen Violence: Study
- AHA News: Couple Kept the Faith as Baby Neared Death -- and Then a Transplant Saved Him
- Death Rates for Young Americans Drop, But Still Too High
- Decoding Newborn's DNA Could Pinpoint Hidden Risks
- Decriminalizing Pot Doesn't Hike Teen Use, Study Finds
- Delaying Baby's First Bath May Bring Benefits
- Diet Sodas May Not Help Kids Cut Calories
- Dim the Lights to Help Your Child Fall Asleep
- Disabling Hip Ailment Is Another Health Risk for Obese Kids
- Do Antipsychotic Meds for Kids Raise Diabetes Risk?
- Doctors More Cautious Now When Prescribing Opioids to Kids
- Does Bullying Start at Home?
- Does Diet Affect a Child's ADHD?
- Don't Give Infants Honey-Filled Pacifiers: FDA
- Don't Open Medical Pot Dispensaries Near Schools: Poll
- Don't Send Report Cards Home on This Day
- Don't Skip Kids' Sun Protection on the Fourth
- Drinking While Breast-Feeding May Dampen Child's Brain Development
- Drug Studies in Children Often Go Unfinished: Study
- E-Cigarettes Used in 5% of U.S. Homes With Kids
- Health Tip: Ear Tubes May Help Prevent Ear Infections
- Even Non-Concussion Head Hits Affect Young Football Players' Vision
- Brief Exercise Breaks During Class Help Bodies, Brains
- Expert Advice for a Safe Trip Back to School
- Experts Sound Warning About 'Baby Boxes'
- Extreme Dieting in Teens Often Intensifies in Adulthood
- Families Need Summertime Sleep Schedules
- Family Leave Boosts Breastfeeding Rates, But Mostly for Affluent Moms
- Family, School Support May Help Stop Bullies in Their Tracks
- Fatigue Fuels Knee Injuries in Young Athletes
- FDA Bans E-Cig Liquid Products That Look Like Snacks, Candies
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other E-Cigarette Makers
- FDA to Crack Down on Retailers That Keep Selling Tobacco to Kids
- FDA Seizes Documents from E-Cigarette Maker Juul
- FDA Will Ban Many Flavored E-Cigarettes
- FDA Head Says Feds May Intervene to Cut Vaccine Exemptions for Kids
- Fewer American Teens Having Sex, Most Using Birth Control
- Fewer Antibiotics for Kids, But More ADHD Drugs
- Fewer U.S. Kids Use Tobacco, But Numbers Still Too High: Officials
- Fiber: It's Not Just for Adults
- Fish Oil May Protect the Youngest Hearts
- Flavored E-Cigarettes Hold Greatest Appeal for Youth
- Focus on Just One Sport Risks Burnout for Teens
- Food Additives a Toxic Mix for Kids
- Better Food Assistance Programs Might Lower Childhood Obesity Rates
- Foods That Can Lead to Obesity in Kids
- For Kids, Obesity and Mental Health Woes Often Go Hand-in-Hand
- For Kids' Sports, Diversification Is Best
- For Kids, Summer Is Time for Other Types of Learning
- For School Kids, Vaccines Are Key
- Many Foster Kids Inappropriately Prescribed Psych Drugs
- Gender 'Nonconformity' Takes Mental Toll on Teens
- Gene Therapy Might Prove a Cure for 'Bubble Boy' Disease
- Genetic Changes Tied to Rare Brain Bleeds in Babies
- Getting Kids Ready for the New School Year
- Give Your Child a Head Start With Math
- Global Aid Programs Shortchange Teen Health Needs: Study
- Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition
- Good News, Bad News in U.S. Breastfeeding Report
- Good Sleep Helps Kids Become Slimmer, Healthier Teens: Study
- Green Space Good for Your Child's Mental Health
- Growing Up Poor May Permanently Damage Thinking Skills
- Head Off the Blues When Your Teen Heads to College
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Deal With Night Terrors
- Health Tip: Prepare Teens to Make Medical Decisions
- Health Tip: Teens E-cigarette Users More Likely to Smoke: Study
- Health Tip: Swim Safely in a Pool
- Health Tip: When College Kids Should Go to the Doctor
- Health Tip: Avoid Burns From Playground Equipment
- Health Tip: Becoming a Step Parent
- Health Tip: Before You Get Help for Stuttering
- Health Tip: Build Stronger Bones
- Health Tip: Buy the Right Backpack for Your Child
- Health Tip: Celebrate Graduation Responsibly
- Health Tip: Choking Hazards for Children
- Health Tip: Choosing a Car Seat
- Health Tip: Connect With Your Child
- Health Tip: Cook With Your Child
- Health Tip: Coping With ADHD
- Health Tip: Create a Reading-Friendly Home
- Health Tip: Dangers of Teen E-Cigarette Use
- Health Tip: Dealing With Sibling Rivalry
- Health Tip: Discussing Divorce With Kids
- Health Tip: Ease Separation Anxiety
- Health Tip: Evaluating Your Child's Handwriting
- Health Tip: Foster Healthy Hair Habits for Kids
- Health Tip: Get Your Child to School on Time
- Health Tip: Giving Cough Medicine to a Child
- Health Tip: Healthier Eating for an Overweight Child
- Health Tip: Help Keep Your Teen Healthier
- Health Tip: How Much Sleep Does Your Child Need?
- Health Tip: How Often Do Kids Need to Bathe?
- Health Tip: How Working Parents Can Avoid Burnout
- Health Tip: If Your Child Develops a Fever
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has Croup
- Health Tip: It's Back to School Time
- Health Tip: Keep Toys Simple
- Health Tip: Keep Your Epileptic Child Safer
- Health Tip: Know the Risks of Chicken Pox
- Health Tip: Lessen Growing Pains
- Health Tip: Let Kids Play
- Health Tip: Long-Term Anxiety Can Affect Learning
- Health Tip: Make the Right Breakfast Choices
- Health Tip: Manage Bed Wetting
- Health Tip: Manage Family Arguments
- Health Tip: Manage the Terrible 3's
- Health Tip: Managing Your Family's Digital Life
- Health Tip: Nutritional Needs for Your Teen
- Health Tip: Pack a Healthy Lunch for Your Child
- Health Tip: Parenting Adopted Teens
- Health Tip: Plan Your Child's Chores
- Health Tip: Pool Fencing Helps Prevent Drowning
- Health Tip: Positive Parenting in Mid-Childhood
- Health Tip: Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Health Tip: Prevent Diaper Rash
- Health Tip: Prevent Rotavirus
- Health Tip: Prevent Temper Tantrums
- Health Tip: Promote Play for Your Child
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child After Pet Exposure
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Hearing
- Health Tip: Protecting Children from the Flu
- Health Tip: Recognize Warning Signs of Youth Violence
- Health Tip: Recognizing a Learning Disorder
- Health Tip: Recognizing Hearing Loss in Infants
- Health Tip: Reduce Childhood Stress
- Health Tip: Responsibilities of Non-Vaccination
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Stroke in Kids
- Health Tip: Safe Crafting for Kids
- Health Tip: Safe Tips For Antibiotic Use
- Health Tip: Safety Basics for New Teen Drivers
- Health Tip: Signs of Dyslexia in Preschoolers
- Health Tip: Signs of Learning Disabilities
- Health Tip: Signs of Vision Problems in Infants
- Health Tip: Soothing Baby During Teething
- Health Tip: Stretches for Young Athletes
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Child's Vision
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Baby
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Kids Early About Alcohol Use
- Health Tip: Teach Your Kids Tolerance
- Health Tip: Too Much Screen Time
- Health Tip: Treating an Infant's Fever
- Health Tip: Treating Rashes
- Health Tip: Understanding a Heart Murmur
- Health Tip: Understanding Bottlemouth Syndrome
- Health Tip: Understanding Childhood Arthritis
- Health Tip: Understanding Eczema
- Health Tip: Understanding the HPV Vaccine
- Health Tip: Understanding the Teenage Brain
- Health Tip: Using a Home Trampoline
- Health Tip: Warmer Weather Triggers Rashes
- Health Tip: What to Do If You Suspect a Concussion
- Health Tip: When a Child's Adenoids Act Up
- Health Tip: When Baby Spits Up
- Health Tip: When Kids Drink Coffee
- Health Tip: When Small Children Play Near Water
- Health Tip: Your Toddler Can Be a Vegetarian
- Fast Foods' Healthier Options Might Not Help Kids Eat Better
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids Pay Off
- Heart Defects, Sleep Apnea a Deadly Mix for Infants
- Heat Waves Can Dull Even Young Minds, Study Says
- Heavy Teens Are Less Likely Now to Try and Lose Weight
- Health Tip: How to Help Your Child Develop Healthy Relationships
- Helping Kids Develop Good Study Habits
- Helping the Young Mind Grow
- Helping Your Child Adjust to College
- Here's Food for Thought -- and School Success
- High Schoolers on Heroin Abuse Other Drugs, Too
- Homeless Babies Face Lasting Health Risks
- Homelessness Takes Toll on Kids' Health Even Before They're Born
- Honey Helps When Kids Swallow Button Batteries
- Hot Cars, Drowning: Keep Your Family Safe This Summer
- Hot-Car Deaths Hit Record High in 2018
- How Long Will Your Teen Live? Personality Might Tell
- How Much Does Your Kid Weigh? Chances Are, You're Underestimating
- How to Cut Your Kids' Sugar Intake
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat Better
- How to Head Off an Ice Cream Headache
- How to Help When Your Child is Struggling in School
- How to Help Your Teen Use Social Media Safely
- How to Keep Your Kids Safe From Cyberbullying
- How to Prevent Your Child From Getting Bullied -- or Being a Bully
- How to Protect Your Child From Choking
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- How to Raise Global Citizens of Tomorrow
- How to Reassure Kids When Florence Strikes
- How to Soothe Baby's Teething Pain Safely
- How to Tame Morning Chaos
- HPV Vaccination Rates Rising Among U.S. Teens
- If Mom Smokes Pot, Kids May Try It Sooner
- Illicit Use of ADHD Meds Won't Boost Grades: Study
- Inactive Lifestyle Begins as Early as Age 7: Study
- More Infant Ibuprofen Recalled Due to Higher Concentrations
- Infant Walkers Still Injuring Thousands of Babies
- Infections in the Young May Be Tied to Risk for Mental Illness: Study
- Injured Parent Can Mean Sleepless Nights for Kids
- Instant-Soup Burns Send Almost 10,000 Kids to ERs Each Year
- Is Juice on School Menus a Problem?
- Is the U.S. Really a Land of Opportunity?
- IVF May Put Children at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- July Is Peak Time for Illness From Poop in Pools: CDC
- Junk Food Ads Target Minority Kids: Study
- Juul Drawing Lots of Teen Followers on Twitter
- Keep E-Cigs Away From Youth to Win War Against Tobacco
- Keep Your Child Safe in Her High Chair
- Keep Your Kids Safe From Burns
- Keeping Your Teen Driver Safe
- Kid-Friendly Food Swaps Everyone Will Love
- Kids Can Get 'Stuck' on Traumatic Event, Leading to PTSD
- Kids Can Get UTIs, Too
- Many U.S. Kids Don't Drink Enough Water, and Obesity May Be the Result
- Kids Exposed to Lead at Higher Odds for Mental Health Issues Later
- Kids Get Caught in Deadly Cross-Fire of Domestic Violence
- Kids of Gay Parents Don't Struggle More Socially
- Kids Are Overdosing on Med Meant to Fight Opioid Addiction
- Kids Who Specialize in One Sport Too Early Are Likely to Get Hurt: Study
- Kids With Asthma Need a Flu Shot: Study
- Kids Without Access to Good Food Face High Blood Pressure Risk
- Kids' Concussion Symptoms May Persist for a Year
- Kids' ER Visits for Swallowing Toys, Foreign Objects Have Doubled Since 1990s
- Kids' Pedestrian Death Rate Rises on Halloween: Study
- Kids' Play Is Healthy, Pediatricians' Group Says
- Kindness: 12 Minutes to a Better Mood
- LGBQ Youth More Prone to Obesity
- Health Tip: Limit Fat, Sugar and Salt in Your Child's Diet
- Living Near Major Roads Can Slow Kids' Development: Study
- Look Before Locking: Protect Your Child From a Hot Car Tragedy
- Major Medical Groups Call for Soda Taxes
- Make Exercise a Family Affair. Your Kids Will Thank You.
- Make Those School Lunches More Nutritious
- Making Your Child Apologize May Backfire
- Many High School Pitchers Suffer Pain as Pitch Counts Mount
- Many Young Kids Not Screened for Developmental Delays
- Many Kids With Chronic Illness Are Still Happy: Study
- Many Parents Think Vaping Around Kids Is Fine
- Many Teens Are 'Sextortion' Targets
- Many Teens, Young Adults Don't Get Private Time With Doctors
- Many Teens Don't Know They Are Vaping Nicotine
- Many U.S. Parents Share Leftover Antibiotics: Survey
- Many Young Juul Users May Not Know They're Addicted
- Marijuana a Threat to Teens' Brains: Study
- Medical Marijuana Ads May Spur Teen Pot Use
- Mental Health and College Students
- Half of U.S. Kids With a Mental Health Disorder Don't Get Treatment
- Mental Health Woes Are Rising in Young Americans -- Is Social Media to Blame?
- Milk Straight From Breast Best for Baby's Weight
- Mom's Voice: The Sleep Secret for Babies in Intensive Care
- Monitoring System for Underage Tobacco Sales Falls Short: Study
- More Americans Are Raising Their Grandkids
- More College Students Seeking Mental Health Care
- More Evidence That E-Cig Use Leads to Smoking
- More Evidence Video Games May Trigger Aggression in Kids
- More Needs to be Done to Keep Teen Drivers Safe, Pediatricians Say
- More Preteens Need HPV Shots to Meet Public Health Goal
- More Sleep in Seattle: Later Start to School Brings Kids Better Grades
- More U.S. Teens Are Vaping, But Use of Opioids, Alcohol Falls
- More Teens Dying, With Drugs and Violence to Blame
- More Teens Than Ever Would Try Marijuana
- More Teens Try Pot Before Booze, Cigarettes
- More U.S. Parents Smoking Pot Around Kids
- More U.S. Teens Shunning Drugs, Alcohol
- More U.S. Teens, Kids Seeking Mental Health Care in ERs
- More Water, Mom? H2O Is Top Kids' Beverage in U.S.
- More Young American Children Not Getting Recommended Vaccines: CDC
- Most Parents Say Tsk, Tsk to Tattoos for Their Teens
- Most Parents Want Age Limits on Football Tackling
- Naps Don't Help Down Syndrome Kids Learn: Study
- Native American Teens at Higher Risk for Substance Abuse
- Nature or Nurture? Twins Study Helps Sort Out Genes' Role in Disease
- Navigating New Parent Nerves
- Nearly 700,000 Infant Rocking Sleepers Recalled Due to Infant Deaths
- Need to Be Vaccinated? Try Your Local Pharmacy
- New Evidence Pot May Harm the Teen Brain
- New Guidelines Mean Almost 800,000 More U.S. Kids Have High Blood Pressure
- Newborn's 'Microbiome' Could Give Clues to Weight Later
- Newborns' Immune Systems Ramp Up After Birth
- Newly Mapped Genes May Hold Keys to ADHD
- Nix That TV in Your 4-Year-Old's Bedroom
- No Link Between Tdap Vaccine, Autism: Study
- No More Than 1 Hour of Screen Time a Day for Young Kids: WHO
- No Safety Concerns With DTaP Combo Vaccine for Kids: Study
- Nose Holds Clues to Baby's First Cold
- Obesity a Heartbreaker for Kids
- Obesity a Painful Reality for 1 in 6 U.S. Youths
- Obesity Boosts Childhood Asthma Risk by 30 Percent
- Obesity May Harm Kids' Academics, Coping Skills
- Old-Fashioned Play Beats Digital Toys for Kids, Pediatricians Say
- One Plus of Texting, Social Media: Divorce Made Easier on Kids
- One-Third of U.S. Kids Have Back Pain, Study Says
- Opioid Overdose Deaths Triple Among Teens, Kids
- Opioids Given Too Easily to Children: Study
- Opioids Overprescribed for Common Children's Fracture, Study Says
- Experts Outline Down Syndrome's Developmental Milestones
- AHA News: Overweight Kids at Higher Risk for Blood Clots as Adults
- Painless Ways to Limit Your Kids' Screen Time
- Parent's Tough Childhood Can Cast Shadow Across Generations
- 3 Parenting Essentials to Safeguard Kids' Well-Being
- Parents Blame Smartphones, Tablets for Teens' Sleep Troubles
- Many Parents Conflicted About Opioids for Their Teens' Pain
- Parents Fret Over Fussy Eaters - but What Works?
- Parents More Lenient If PG-13 Movie Violence 'Justified'
- Parents Must Ask: 'Is There an Unlocked Gun in Your House?'
- Parents Often Unaware of Kids' Suicidal Thoughts
- Many Parents Say Restaurant Fare Has Made Kids Sick: Poll
- Many Parents Say Sports Can Be Too Dangerous for Kids
- Parents Teach Firstborns About Sex, But Not Their Later Kids
- Parents' Shift Work Can Be Good -- or Bad -- for Kids
- Parents, Don't Be So Quick to Jump to an ADHD Diagnosis
- Parents, Think Before You Drink This Holiday
- Path to Obesity May Start in Preschool
- Pediatricians Back Flu Shot, Not Nasal Spray Vaccine
- Pediatricians Make Change to Child Car Seat Guidelines
- Pediatricians Push for Laws to Prevent Teen Vaping
- Pediatricians Renew Call to Abandon Spanking
- Pediatricians Say No to Spanking
- Pfizer Recalls a Type of Children's Advil
- Picky Eating May Mask Larger Issues
- Pokeman Characters Linger in Brain Well Past Childhood
- Pot May Stay in Breast Milk for 6 Days
- Pot Replacing Tobacco, Booze as Teens' Drug of Choice
- Teen Pot Use Fell in States That Legalized Medical Marijuana: Study
- Preschool Is Prime Time to Teach Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Put Good Health on Your Child's Back-to-School Checklist
- Read Any Good Books Lately? No, Teens Say, We're Too Busy Texting and Online
- Recognizing Early Childhood Speech Problems
- Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Depression in Teens
- Big Rise Seen in U.S. Kids, Teens Attempting Suicide
- Rising Number of Unvaccinated U.S. Kids Raises Risk of Disease Outbreaks
- School Bullying's Impact Can Last a Lifetime: Study
- School Kids Need Supervision After Classes End
- School Prep Includes Planning Allergy, Asthma Management
- Screen Time for the Very Young Has Doubled in 20 Years: Study
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Found in Kids' Lungs
- Setting Preschoolers on an Active Path
- Sex, Drugs Hold Less Allure for Today's High Schoolers
- Sharp Rise Seen in Kids' ER Visits for Mental Health Woes
- Signs Your Child Might Have Hearing Loss
- Single Moms Often Put Kids' Health Care First, Study Finds
- The Skinny on Schools' Efforts to Promote Healthy Eating
- Sleep May Speed Kids' Recovery From Concussion
- Sleep, Don't Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Smart Steps for a Safe Nursery
- Smartphone-Obsessed Parents May Mean Cranky Kids
- Smartphones, Summer Birth Could Raise Kids' Odds for Nearsightedness
- Smoke Alarm With Mom's Voice Wakes Children Faster
- Smoked, Vaped, Eaten: U.S. Teens Use Pot in Many Ways
- Smoking Becoming a No-No on College Campuses
- Smoking, Drinking a Double Whammy for Teens' Arteries: Study
- Could Soaps, Shampoos Be Pushing Girls Into Early Puberty?
- Social Media 'Influencers' Can Get Kids Eating Junk Food
- Social Media Tied to Depression in Teens, Especially Girls
- Soft Furniture No Cushion Against Falls for Young Kids
- Some Boys Are Having Sex Before 13
- Health Tip: Some Cake Decorations Shouldn't Be Eaten
- Sports Safety: It's Not Just Child's Play
- AHA: Startling These Twins Could Put Their Hearts at Risk
- Still Too Few Teens Getting the HPV Vaccine
- Store Tobacco Ads Help Get Kids Vaping
- Strengthening Family Ties Through Online Gaming
- Strike Up the Band for Better Grades
- Largest Study Ever Finds No Link Between Measles Vaccine, Autism
- Longest Study Yet Finds Adult Kids of Lesbian Moms Are Doing Fine
- Suicidal Behavior Nearly Doubles Among U.S. Kids
- Summer Camp Bummer: Smartphones, Not Bugs
- Take Time Out Now for School Sports Physicals
- Taking a Bite Out of Food Ads Targeted to Kids
- Talking to Baby Might Boost Middle School Success
- Target Recalls Nearly Half a Million Wooden Toys for Choking Danger
- Teaching Kids the Importance of an Apology
- Teaching Your Kids Online Safety
- Teen Boy Suffers Serious Burns After 'Hot Water Challenge'
- Teen Defies Mother, Gets Vaccinations
- Teens Focused on Social Media May Be at Cyberbullying Risk
- Teen Pot Use Linked to Later Depression, Suicide Attempts
- Teenage Obesity May Raise Pancreatic Cancer Risk Years Later
- Teens at High-Performing Schools Less Likely to Use Pot
- Teens Often Off the Mark About Their Weight, With Unhealthy Results
- Teens Sneaking Juul E-Cig Into Classrooms
- Teens Who Hurt Themselves More Likely to Hurt Others
- Teens' E-Cig Surge Hasn't Hurt Move Away From Smoking: Study
- Teething Jewelry Linked to at Least One Baby's Death: FDA
- Ten Infant Deaths Linked to Fisher-Price Rock 'N Play Sleepers
- Test-Taking Can Be Tough for Kids With Vision Problems
- The 'Choking Game,' the 'Bird Box Challenge': Which Kids Are Most at Risk?
- The 1-Parent Family and Kids' Health Risks
- The Lowdown on E-Cigarette Risks for Kids
- The Real Reasons Parents Refuse HPV Vaccination
- The Reality of Watching Reality TV
- Think Twice About Tonsil, Adenoid Removal
- Time Change Tougher for Kids With Mental Health Issues
- To Combat Childhood Obesity, Start at Birth … or Even Before
- To Fight Childhood Obesity, Moms to the Rescue
- Today's Sleepy Teens May Be Tomorrow's Heart Patients
- Toddlers May Gain More From Paper Books Than E-Books: Study
- Too Much Screen Time a Damper on Child's Development
- Too Much Screen Time May Pile on the Pounds
- Top of Teachers' To-Do List: Focus on the Positives
- Toxins in Home Furnishings Can Be Passed on to Kids
- Toy Guns Pose Big Threat to Young Eyes
- Tracking Preemies' Head Size May Yield IQ Clues
- Tragedy of Child Sexual Abuse Takes Financial Toll, Too
- Treatment for Teething Pain Poses Serious Health Threat: FDA
- Try Small 'Bites' to Get Kids to Exercise
- U.S. News Ranks Best Children's Hospitals for 2018
- U.S. Teens Embracing Alternative Meds. Is That a Healthy Trend?
- Health Tip: Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder
- Unfit Teens Often Grow Into Sickly Middle Age, Study Shows
- Untangling the Ties Between Troubled Teens and Pot Use
- Up to 1 Hour of General Anesthesia Safe for Infants: Study
- Urban Violence Has Wide-Ranging Impact on Schools
- Use of 'Zombie' Drug Rare Among High School Seniors: Study
- Using Smartphones During Lectures, Lower Grades
- Vaccine-Exempt Students Behind N.C. Chickenpox Outbreak
- Vaping May Pose Big Risk for Smoking in Otherwise 'Low-Risk' Kids
- Vaping Is Erasing Gains Made Against Teen Smoking
- Video Games Don't Hamper Boys' Social Skills, Study Finds
- Want Good Sleep for Baby? Food May Be Key
- Was Dyslexia the Secret to Leonardo da Vinci's Greatness?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Just as Successful for Teens With Down Syndrome
- What Are This Year's Most Dangerous Toys?
- What If You Lose Your Child at an Amusement Park?
- What Kids -- and Parents -- Fear Most at the Doctor's Office
- When Does Your Child's Headache Call for a Doctor Visit?
- When Kids Expect a Needle to Hurt, It Does
- When Kids Focus on 1 Sport, Overuse Injuries Rise
- When Parents Do Time, Kids Pay the Price
- Where Marijuana Is Legal, Many Teens Drive While High
- Whole Grain-Rules for School Lunches Rolled Back by Trump Administration
- Why Choo-Choo is Better for Baby's Language Skills Than Train
- Why It's Important to Boost Baby's Vocabulary Now
- Why Kids Should Play More Than One Sport
- Featherlight, Wireless Sensors Let Parents Cuddle Their Preemies
- AHA News: With Humor -- and Brain-Shaped Jell-O -- This Doctor Teaches Kids About Health
- Just Witnessing School Violence Can Leave Psychic Scars
- Routine X-Rays, Blood Tests Not Needed for Children's Concussions
- Young Adults Flocking to Energy Drinks
- Could Young Age at School Start Lead to False Diagnosis of ADHD?
- Young Child Goes to ER for Medicine Poisoning Every 10 Minutes: Report
- Young Pitchers Should Keep Pitch Counts in Check
- Your 6-Month-Old Isn't Sleeping Through the Night? Relax
- Your Kid's New Reading Buddy Could Be a Robot
- Childhood Biting
- Growth Charts
- Infants: Child Development
- Living with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Potty Training
- Preschoolers: Child Development
- Teen: Child Development
- Temper Tantrums
- Toddler Food Guidelines
- Toddlers: Child Development
- Tween: Child Development
- Young Children: Child Development
- 'Jackass' Generation
- 12 Tips for Family Emergencies
- 7 Secrets of Toddler Discipline
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- Alcohol Abuse: Young. Eager. And Drunk
- Angry Grownups Are Real Spoilsports
- Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Autism Treatment: On the Cutting Edge
- Babies: Even Babies Need Exercise
- Babies: More and More Babies Born Too Soon
- Baby Teeth Maintenance
- Back-to-School Health Checklist
- Back-to-School Health Checkup
- Beach & Water - Play it Safely!
- Bed Rest: Coping
- Body Image and Your Kids: Your Body Image Plays a Role in Theirs
- Breastfeeding: Helpful Tips
- Buy the Right Bike for Your Child!
- Cavities in Babies & Kids - The Truth
- Chickenpox Facts
- Child Passenger Safety - Know The Facts!
- Child Safety: One Minute Safety Seat Checklist
- Child Safety: Proper Seat Use Chart (Automobiles)
- Child-Proofing Basics
- Sports: Childhood Sports Injuries and Their Prevention
- Childproofing Your Home- 12 Safety Devices To Protect Your Children
- Children and Illness
- Children Coping With Divorce
- Children's Medicine - Get it Right!
- Children's Mental Health Facts
- Tylenol: Children's TYLENOL® Meltaways and SoftChews Recalled
- Choosing a Baby Sitter You Can Count on
- Choosing Child Care Service
- Choosing the Sex of Your Child
- Colic - Quieting
- College Drinking: The Hidden Consequences
- College Drinking: What Parents Need to Know
- Contracts of Trust Between Parents and Teenagers
- Crib & Toy Tips for Baby
- Day Care & Less Crime - Linked
- Day Care Centers Do More
- Daycare: Contagious Daycare?
- Dental Fears - This Won't Hurt
- Dental Hygiene
- Dial a Coach for Parenting Advice
- Diet Guidelines 10 - 15 Years
- Diet Guidelines For Children & Teens
- Diet Guidelines: 4 - 9 Years Of Age
- Diet Guidelines: 0-12 Months
- Diet Guidelines: 12-18 Months Of Age
- Diet Guidelines: 18 Months - 3 Years
- Dizziness Not Always Child's Play
- Domestic Violence - Not Noticed Like Public Violence
- Down Syndrome Was Not Discovered By Dr. Down
- Drug Testing: My Kid Is Drug-Free
- Early Screening for Autism Urged by Pediatricians
- Eating Healthy, Activity, and Kids
- Embryo screening : Coming Soon: Designer Babies?
- Exercise: Kids Can't Take the Heat
- Eye Exams for Children
- Eyeglasses for Kids
- Family Medical History
- Family-Sized New Year's Resolutions
- FDA-Approved Device Was Contaminated
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Fireworks - How to Have a Safe Fourth
- Parenting: Getting Your Child Hooked on Books
- Growing Pains: What Baby Growth Charts Really Mean
- Growing Pains: When Should Parents Worry?
- Halloween Make-up Special for Kids and Parents
- Children: Health Screening For Children
- Healthy Relationship: Going Nuts?
- Obesity: Parenting & Obesity
- Help for Sensory Integration Disorder in Kids
- Helping Your Child or Teen Cope with Trauma
- Helping Your Late-Talking Children
- Herbs for Kids
- Herbs for Kids: What's Safe, What's Not
- Holiday Toy's Recalled: The Top Ten, Beware!
- Holidays: Don't Make Holidays a Ho-Ho-Horror
- Home Delivery: Bringing Out Baby ... at Home
- Household Items - A Danger To Young Children
- How Grandparents Can Improve Your Child's Well-Being
- How Parents Can Help Young Kids Keep Moving
- How Safe Is Junior at Play?
- How to Be a Comeback Kid
- How to Have a Smarter Child
- How to Know When Your Family Needs Help
- How to Outfox Your Baby
- How to Pick a Summer Camp
- How to Talk to Children When a Parent Is Ill
- Hyperactivity: Medical Reality or Convenient Excuse?
- If a Child Is Overweight
- Infant Mortality
- Infants: Fat in Formula for Brainier Babies?
- Inhalants, Which Kids Do It?
- Insect Repellents for Kids
- Introducing Baby To Solid Foods
- Is Ipecac Syrup Always the Best Remedy?
- Is TV Really So Bad for Kids?
- Junk Food vs. Healthy Nutrition For Children
- Keeping Baby Hale and Hearty
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Keeping Kids Safe at Summer Camp
- Keeping Kids Safe in Sports
- Keeping Teens Safe, Locally
- Keeping the Honeymoon Alive
- Kid Nutrition: Nutrients to Grow On
- Kid Nutrition: Quick Tips for Parents
- Kidney Failure In Young Children
- Kids Afraid of Life
- Kids and Food: Any Link to Your Child's Behavior?
- Kids and Obesity: America's Kids at Risk
- Kids and Petting Zoos
- Kids and Sugar-Hyperactivity Myth
- Kids in the Water
- Kids on Antidepressants Suicide Alert
- Kids: 5 Steps to Avoid Backpack Injury
- Kids: Keeping Track of Your Children
- Know Thy Parent
- Lead Poisoning...A Preventable Tragedy
- Learning to Like Themselves
- Light Up July 4th -- Safely
- Little Evidence of Circumcision's Benefit, Says Pediatric Group
- Littlest Babies Damaged by Infection
- Look Who's Talking in Sign Language
- Making Baby Genius
- Making Sure Kids Get the Message
- Many Newborns Not Getting Vital Tests
- Measles Vaccination Time Moved Up
- Mental Health: Are Kids Good for Your Health?
- Mom and Pop Passion
- Motivating the Overweight Child
- Mumps - The Facts
- Mumps Facts
- Mumps Outbreaks
- National SAFE KIDS Week
- National School Breakfast Week
- Neural Tube Defects from Even One Gene
- New Healthcare for Teens
- Newborns: New Gift Ideas
- Nursing: Don't Panic, Use a Pacifier
- Nutrients For Growing Children
- Nutrition: Vegetarian Diets For Children & Teens
- Nutritional Needs Of Infants
- Obesity in Children: Mommy, Am I Fat?
- Obesity: Bedroom TVs Linked to Fatter Kids
- One Baby Shot for 5 Diseases
- Overcoming First-Day Jitters
- Overscheduled Child May Lead to a Bored Teen
- Paintball Guns & Other Air Guns are Lethal Weapons
- Paper Shredder Safety
- Parenting the Picky Eater
- Parenting Tips for the Holidays
- Parenting: 'Just Say No' Isn't Enough
- Parenting: 10 Tips for Raising Teenagers
- Parenting: 10 Ways to Raise Food-Smart Kids
- Parenting: 11 Ways to Get Kids in Shape for School
- Parenting: A Separate Bed For Baby
- Parenting: A Solid Foundation
- Parenting: Abstinence vs. Sex Ed.
- Parenting: Amusement Park Survival Guide
- Parenting: Avoid Toy Horror Stories
- Parenting: Baby's Got Colic and You Can't Cope
- Parenting: Baby-Safe Travel
- Parenting: Best Way To Teach Teens About Sex?
- Parenting: Birth Order and Personality
- Parenting: Breaking the Thumb-Sucking Habit
- Parenting: Getting Started With Adoption
- Parenting: Girls Just Wanna Be Mean
- Parenting: Going to College: How to Prepare
- Parenting: Grand Parenting?
- Parenting: Guidelines For Your Child's Bedtime
- Parenting: How to Get Your Kids to Behave
- Parenting: Is Your Child Spoiled Rotten?
- Parenting: Is Your Family Out of Control?
- Parenting: Know When to Hold 'Em
- Parenting: Make Dinnertime Family Time
- Parenting: Talking to Teens About Drugs
- Parenting: When Parents Clash
- Parents, Get Your Bed Back
- Parents: Pushing Teens Too Hard?
- Paxil Not for Kids
- Physical Activity For Children
- Pivotal Gene for Puberty
- Poison Prevention
- Pool Safety Gadgets Help Prevent Drowning
- Pool Safety: Tips for a Safe Summer for Children
- Positive Time-Out
- Powerful Bones, Powerful Girls
- Pregnancy and Sexual Abuse
- Pregnancy Planning: Before Baby, Get High or Lay Low
- Pregnancy: Baby's Coming -- But When?
- Pregnancy: Here's Lookin' at You, Baby
- Prenatal Portraits: Darling or Dangerous?
- Prevent a Child from Choking Alert
- Pro-Anorexia Web Sites Prey on Insecurities
- Protecting Children From Evil
- Protecting Your Child's Sight
- Puberty and Girls: Blossoming Too Early?
- Kids: Putting the Squeeze on Juice
- Kids: Quality vs. Quantity: TV Guidelines for Kids
- Kids: Questions to Ask Your Child's School
- Raising Heart-Smart Kids
- Remedy High in Lead Warning
- Research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Rickets Still Around and Still a Problem
- Rite of Passage or Cry for Help?
- Safe Toys, Gifts & Tips - For The Holidays
- Safety: Happy Holidays...Safe Toy Alert
- Santa Claus: Naughty or Nice?
- Kids: School of Hard Knocks
- Scooter Injuries...On The Rise
- Parenting: Secret Agent Mom
- Medical: Seeking a Killer
- Sex: Talking to Your Kids About Sex
- Shark Attacks on the Rise?
- Kids: Shopping for a Pediatrician
- Short Boys - More Likely Held Back in School
- Kids: Should Your Son Be Circumcised?
- Sickle Cell Month September
- Skateboarding Safety
- Sleeping: Move Over, Mom and Dad
- Kids: Special Report - Student Stress Starts Early
- Spring-Fall Flu Shots Tested for Kids
- Kids: Summer Fun for Kids
- Summer: Ensure a Happy Summer Camper
- Weight Management: Supersized Kids, Diminishing Health
- Parenting: Surviving Colic
- Swimming Pool Safety
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Kids: Taking a Shot at Child Vaccinations
- Talking with Children About the Terrorist Attacks
- Kids: Talking With Teens -- Tips for Better Communication
- Teen Behavior Reflects Teen Brain
- Teen Deaths May Be From DXM in Cough Medicines
- Teen Minds: What Are They Thinking?
- Teenagers: Why Do They Rebel?
- Teens & Technology: Fact Sheet
- Teens & Traffic Facts!
- Teens Sex Activity Tied to Drink & Drugs
- Teens Using Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs to Get High
- Teens Who Drink Too Much
- Teens, Technology, And Drugs: An Inside Look
- Teens: Gambling Can Be Bad Bet
- Teeth: Don't Neglect Your Kids' Baby Teeth
- Kids: Telling Your Kids About War
- Birth Defects: Testing For Birth Defects
- Bedwetting Blues
- The Crazy Things That Toddlers Do
- Infants: The Formula Conundrum
- Divorce: The Pain of Post-Divorce Parenting
- Infants: The Right Formula?
- Parenting: The Sound of Healing
- Youth Sports: The Stress
- Parenting: Thermometers
- Toilets & Toddlers Danger
- Top 10 Summer Dangers to Kids
- Parenting: Toxic Turf
- Parenting: Traveling With Kids: A Survival Guide
- Baby Into Baby Einstein
- Kids: Turning Tragedy Into a Cause
- Two Newlyweds Fight Fragile-X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS)
- Vaccinations for Children: A Must Read
- Autism to Vaccine Linked?
- Vaccines: Get an 'A' in Vaccines
- Vaccines: How Your Vaccines are Approved
- Violence at Home
- Parenting: Watch Baby Grow -- But Not Too Closely
- BreastFeeding: Weaning Your Breastfed Baby
- What Is the Alternative Vaccine Schedule?
- Parenting: What Makes Kids Intelligent?
- What to Do if the Kids Catch You in the Act
- What's in a Child's Name? A Lot
- When a Disease Causes Baby's Colic
- When a Mother Abandons Her Baby
- When Santa Stops Being Real
- Where Do Kids Learn About Sex?
- Who's Watching Our Teens?
- Whooping Cough Vaccine for Adolescents
- Window Guards & Stops - Keep Children Safe
- Work, Computer: Neck Exercises & Stretches
- World Breastfeeding Week