Patient Comments: Headache - Experience

Which type(s) of headache do you have? What are your symptoms, and how do you treat and manage them?

Comment from: veronica, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I have had migraines for 42 years. I have tried so many, many abortive medications and a couple pain medications. My husband and I know what works, and they will not give it to me. Demerol and Phenergan knock me out for a few hours and that is the only thing that helps and also to at least have a few hydrocodone pills. I stress that I am not a dope addict but since some other people who are dope addicts and have ruined us in pain, I do not get my pain medicines. I need to find a doctor who will listen and disperse me just a few. They do not give me rebound headaches.

Headache - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?
Headache - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your headaches?
Headache - Remedies Question: What is your best headache remedy?
Headache - Causes Question: What causes your headaches?
Headache - Nausea Question: Do you have nausea associated with your headaches?