Patient Comments: Headache - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your headaches? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: paul, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

With headache I have pain in my neck and down on the left hand side of my face behind the eye.

Comment from: lcb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I've been getting headaches for over 32 years and after seeing different doctors, I have found that the problem stemmed from my neck. I used to wake every morning with major pain, vomiting, loss of vision and still go to work. Doctors did an MRI on my neck and head and found that I have cervical degenerative disc disease, a herniated disc, cervical stenosis, and arthritis. All of this is due to age and possible falls from my younger years. I had laser spine surgery 3 years ago and things are much better. I still get headaches but not every day! I would suggest to many to have an MRI of your neck done. Many doctors don't understand that some headaches are due to the neck. Good Luck!

Comment from: rina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been having severe headache since last 31 years. I get auras and vomiting, and very much uneasy. I get headache every other day. I found Zolmist nasal spray. It really helps me.

Comment from: Rachel, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 02

I've had CAT scans and MRI. I constantly have headaches, it feels like my brain is splitting in half and I'm not getting any real help. Doctors said I don't have migraines. I can't function, I don't know what to do or where to go.

Comment from: Tootsie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my upper left thigh, and the pain was unbearable. I went to the emergency room, where they did an ultra sound and sent me home with two weeks of antibiotics. By the second week the fever and pain had me out of my mind, so I went to a health clinic and as soon as the doctor had seen it, he had sent me for surgery. I cannot tell you the pain I endured, they cut my leg open 6 to 7 inches to drain. It has been 8 weeks and I still feel the burning.

Comment from: MJThompson, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I've been ill with pneumonia for about a week and surprisingly, haven't felt short of breath yet. The pain started on my right side and spread across my chest. It hurt more when I inhaled. It hurt inside my body, not in my chest wall. After two days it became so painful as to be worrisome. Then I started a constant forceful dry cough, my fever went over 101 F and stayed there for days. My throat became very painful from coughing. Appetite was uneven. I became nauseated after too much activity. I became extremely hoarse after two days of coughing. There is very little nasal congestion or running. I am constantly weak. The doctor prescribed Zithromax, benzonatate for cough, and a fever reducer. Prior to taking benzonatate, I didn't have a sensation of chest congestion and my cough was dry. After starting benzonatate my cough became productive. Fever started to drop 48 hours after starting Zithromax. Six days after the pain started, I am not so weak and my chest is not painful, only sore. I still have lots of coughing and rattling, and I haven't got my voice back yet.

Comment from: corina, 25-34 Female Published: October 16

In 2003 I was told I had gotten hepatitis B. I had some flu-like symptoms. I went to my doctor, who did blood work, and then informed me that I had the Hepatitis B Virus. He didn't need to report it nor was I given any medications for it. After 11 years I am now told that I don't have it anymore. But I have the symptoms. I still feel scared that I still can get sick from it again, and I understand that I may have gotten it from my trip to Guam, helping out the victim of a typhoon. Now 12 years later I have some of the same feeling of pain on my right side and worry that my liver is not happy with me.

Comment from: Tired, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

Eliminating all artificial sweeteners and carbonated beverages helped calm the first flare up of interstitial cystitis three years ago. Upon its recent return I've found asparagus and anti-inflammatory supplements like fish oil, quercetin and curcumin have helped. Sleep is the most important and am still working on that. I am considering an electrical TENS unit to block pain.

Comment from: CM, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I am 19 years old. I've been experiencing headache for 8 years; so almost half of my life. I vomit every time I have this illness, I feel pain usually at one side of my head and in my eyebrows. I don't want to see lights because my eyes hurts. I have no appetite and I can't sleep because I am totally disturbed by the pain.

Comment from: Kevin, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I have headaches every day. A few years ago I received a skull fracture, in my 40s. I have had a few falls when working as well. I have had a few problems with back muscles but have had those sorted when required. I also have had a small brain bleed and have seen a specialist but nothing has changed with medication. Pain killer is all that I take for the headaches. My blood pressure is fine.

Comment from: shark, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

I have been experiencing headache now since two years, sometimes the symptom is my left eye gets watery. The headache is so massive that I just want to be alone during this time. Despite the fact that I never drink, never smoke, eat lots of fruits and vegetable in my diet, not too fat, this headache never leaves me alone and it had affected my job so much I just want to remain lying on bed every morning as I feel weak and tired every day.

Comment from: Bibbens, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

Three months ago I had my first bout of severe pain and vomiting. I assumed it was a kidney stone. I am not obese, I don't eat meat and I am fairly active for a retired 54 year old grandmother. Gallstones never entered my mind though I wish it had. Now I am in real trouble. I went to the emergency room five nights ago really hurting. The technician did an ultrasound on my gallbladder. I was told that I had many and very large stones and they are obstructing my bile ducts. I was admitted to the hospital, taken to the operation room for a procedure called an ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram). The surgeon was unable to remove the stones. I spent four nights in the hospital, vomiting bile and needing heavy duty pain shots. I will be, on Monday, in the operating room having my second ERCP. If this does not work they will have to open me up. Don't let this happen to you. If you have symptoms don't put it off. Go to your doctor.

Comment from: collectabug, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I have headaches that wake me up at night but none during day. I used to have migraines, I haven't had one for 5 years.

Comment from: CJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

For a few weeks every day I've been having a headache on the top right side of my head. It hurts more when I sneeze or cough or bend over, it throbs, and when I don't it just hurts. I have taken over counter medications for this and my neck is stiff but I can move it. Only thing that seems to help is Bayer Back & Body. I don't have it when I first wake up but as the day goes on it happens. I don't smoke, or do drugs or drink. I do wear glasses and think maybe it could be I need new ones, but in the past it has never caused this. I am not on any medications but I am over weight for my height.

Comment from: debb, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 22

My headache is very strange, it feels like something is moving, like fluid in my head. Then when I rotate my head, it moves. The back of my neck sometimes will get very heavy and painful. I have high blood pressure, but is controlled by HCTZ and Zestril (lisinopril) and my diet is low sodium. I was told that there is calcified in bones in my neck I am not sure what to do anymore.

Comment from: Hannah-barbera, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 02

Shark 44, try having yourself tested extensively by an experienced, qualified naturopath, for food intolerances. I had your problem for 35 years, doctors couldn't help. I lived on pain-killers, until one day I was talked into going to see a visiting naturopath. My life was changed that day. It was just amazing. She said "I know exactly what's wrong with you!" You've got food intolerances. Especially an intolerance to dairy. So give it a go because you've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Every time I cheat, and have anything containing dairy, there's the headache again. Best of luck.

Comment from: cari, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I get headache both front and back with mild fever and shivering. I have pain in eyebrows, near nose as well.

Comment from: Joe, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My headaches are almost continuous. They are located at my forehead and spread to the top of my head. I have tearing of my eyes and feel as if my face is swollen. My neck stays quite stiff, as if I am carrying a bowling ball atop my shoulders. I rarely feel like doing anything but sleeping where I get some relief.

Comment from: Gail, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I get a headache up the back of my neck in the late afternoon.

Comment from: tea wisdom, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I have sudden pain in head that lasts for a few seconds and occurs again after a few minutes.

Comment from: Diana Van, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I have had 7 years of suffering from debilitating headaches, shoulder pain and arm and chest pain. I have been going to doctors and I cannot get help for this problem, I'm depressed because I spend 5 days of my week dealing with really bad headache and extreme pain.

Comment from: lariza, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My headaches started around 10 years ago. I remember when I was at the hospital for a migraine; I was at the hospital for around 12 days. When I was at the hospital I couldn't move my body or speak. My migraines happened almost every day. But my primary doctor prescribed me medication, which with these I feel like a normal person.

Comment from: bigpiner, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

As of two months ago, the back of my head hurts whenever I look up. It also hurts whenever I push my head back to make my chin even with my chest. I've never felt this way before.

Comment from: challenge212, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I wake up quite often with what I would describe as a "hangover headache," but I'm not drinking. The pain can be very tense and severe, but usually only lasts for an hour or so.

Comment from: Trish H, 55-64 Female Published: June 08

The pain gradually builds up to the point where I cannot even move my head. It feels as though my brain is hitting the inside of my skull. I have pain in my ears, and I am unable to move my head even on a pillow, as it feels as if I am laying my head on a rock. I have had a headache recently when it actually woke me from my sleep; the pain was so bad that I cried.

Comment from: misery, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I've been having headaches almost every day for two months. It starts in the back of my head on the right side and then moves around to both sides near my ears. Motrin and Tylenol don't help.

Comment from: nmrhedkes, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I have headaches that move around my head. The worst are on top of my head. It almost feels like when I move my head my brain moves too. They also are on the side and back of my head. Mainly at different times.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

My headache positions around my right eye and right ear it feel like an electrical shock, I can almost time the pain. It's been years since I've had one, but it has returned. It also affects my right nostril and my neck and shoulder. After a while my head is sore to the touch. This pain can go on for hours or days, I just never know. I was told years ago, that there were no nerves in that area to cause this pain that was in my 20's. I'm now in my 50's.

Comment from: sheila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have these constant sharp pains in the left side of my head also my left ear feels like its clogged and the left side of my neck hurts, not severely but it has pain. When I feel that pain shoot in my head I can feel it through my ear, I was told before that it has something to do with grinding my teeth.

Comment from: charli, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I have very frequent headaches that seem to be centered in the bone behind my ear. Often the headache stays in that area, but sometimes the pain seems to move up to the top of my head or to my ear, or down the side of my neck.

Comment from: mary, Female Published: April 04

When I get headaches, I get a sharp pain at my temples and the middle of my head.

Comment from: Cindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My headache feels like I have a tight band around the back of my head.

Comment from: shaimaa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

With my headaches, I experience visual difficulty, lightheadedness, and dizziness.

Comment from: hbarrett1, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

For the past week, I've been getting headaches so bad that I cry. It hurts on the top, back, and left side of my head. Today it was hurting so bad I cried and then my nose started bleeding.

Comment from: student 89, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

My headaches go along with blurry vision in my left eye, lasting between an hour to even a day and I experience throbbing above my right eye and temple. I am nauseous and my eyes are sensitive to light. This happens about 3 times a year, but other mild headaches just feel like somebody is sitting on my head and goes away after drinking a lot of water and some exercise.

Comment from: mccune, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 10

When I have headaches I have severe pain in the right eye, sinus congestion, watering eyes, sensitivity (to light, sound and smell), dizziness, muscle tension, breathing problems, anxiety attacks, insomnia, irritability, nausea, and depression.

Comment from: tuffy123, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I feel a dullness at the base of my head and behind my eyes. Sometimes my eyes feel as if they are crossed and out of focus. I feel dizzy, as if I am falling.

Comment from: saraphina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I've had a headache for three days now with pains down the back of my neck, toward the shoulders, and behind the eyes.

Comment from: Dee T, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I am a 52-year-old female. I have a headache on the left back side of my head that shoots up my head and has been there for four days now. This headache has caused me to be nauseated and dizzy.

Comment from: Z, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

With my headache, I experience visual difficulty, light-headedness, and the feeling of a weight on my head.

Comment from: Vic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

Comment from: B.J., 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I have pain in the front left side of my head and the pain goes into the left back of my neck. The pain varies from bad to mild and sometimes will last for hours and sometimes will only be for several hours. I will get these about twice a week and sometimes more often.

Comment from: chercher, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

The pain may last up to 24 hours. It starts at night or early in the morning and causes my eyes to hurt at times.

Comment from: Darla, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

While doing weight training yesterday, at the end of an exercise, I got a sudden headache. I didn't feel dizzy, but I did have to sit down. The headache went right away, so I finished my training. Now I'm wondering if I should see my doctor.

Comment from: safagirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

My headache seems to be at the the point where my spine enters my head. Continuously throbbing but the severity of the pain when I raise my head above heart level is so intense, I want to vomit and faint. I've had a cat scan done and a lumbar puncture, but nothing showed, been tested for meningitis, encephalitis, but all clear. No painkillers at all does any help. Pain level between 1 and 5, 4.5! This has been for 2 weeks now and I can't get out of bed. No one knows what's wrong.

Comment from: garys headaches, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: June 01

My brother suffered whiplash behing rear ended and started having headaches that will not go away. He has been to many doctors, and been through a gamut of tests and nothing shows up.

Comment from: Brian, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

I have been waking up between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. every morning with a pounding headache that starts from the right side of my head (near the ear) to the top of my head. It will lead to a full blown, very painful headache. When I bend over or what have you the pounding pain gets a lot worse. I'm fed up with this and I'm sure that the over the counter pain meds might be affecting my liver possibly. I take meds for high blood pressure and I'm also diabetic. Both are under control and I exercise regularly. I don't see this problem getting any better.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I suffer from migraines all my life, but I think this one started. Not really pain at first it came on as gripping electricity like a shock only on the right side of head it scared me so bad. Now I have a weird migraine headache on top of my head and sharp pain on one side the right back. Everything is bothering me people noise and my face hurts.

Comment from: weescotlassie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I am a 52-year-old female. I have a headache on the right side of my head that shoots up my head and has been there for four days now. The pain increases if I tilt forward or cough, sneeze etc - feels as if too much pressure is in part of my head.

Comment from: miss froggy, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

My headache starts out early in the day and progressively begins to throb later only on one side. This has been going on for 4 weeks now.

Comment from: 75 or over Female Published: April 19

I have rarely experienced headaches before but I have started having almost constant headaches for the past few weeks. Not debilitating headaches but constant ache. Now I am noticing that if I sleep on my left side, no pain. But if I turn on the right side, my head starts hurting and I cannot remain in that position. I am suddenly fatigued easily and I can fall asleep during day very easily, something I have never done in the past.

Comment from: dudeguy, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

Sometimes I get what could be described as a sharp pain in the temple area of my head like its being drilled in by a screwdriver. Another way I could describe it is like an insane vain popping or being stretched too wide or something.

Comment from: Concerned, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

A "flash" of pain that seems to be occuring every 5-6 minutes and is in the same spot. On the left side of my brain, directly over my left eye. This is unlike any head ache or pain I've had before.

Comment from: EJ, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

My headache feels like there's stabbing from inside right eye, left eye closes & tears up, pain is above right eye and sometimes at the base of the neck, nausea, loss of appetite, lethargy, stiff neck, sensitive to light and some noises, smell of meat cooking causes nausea.

Comment from: IrishA, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Im nearly 18 and all my life I get headaches. At some stages in my life they get worse and they're always in different areas and strengths...But lately they have changed. For the past 3-5 weeks or more I've had on off migraines on the right side of my head. It feels like there's an elastic band tight around my head but particularly worse on the right and on my right eye. My eye is in agony, it feels like it's swollen and bulging out and I have to close it. The right of my upper neck is also very painful/sore. I had been taking painkillers for a long time but they only stopped them for short periods of time so I stopped taking them.

Comment from: Max, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

3 months my head has been pounded. The pain has been more frequent for the last 3 weeks. The pounding occurs mainly behind my left eye, it feels like a knot in a string is being pulled out and when the string is untangled I feel a 'popping' sensation or sometimes a hot flush but I know that this is the end of that head pounding headache. The pounding lasts 3-5 seconds and there is no pattern but they could carry on all day.

Comment from: rusty, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Well let's see it has been going on for 20+ years now and no doctor can tell me what is wrong. The headache is sudden most of the time behind my right eye. My eyes are light sensitive and at times it runs the whole right side of my head. Most of the time all I can do when they kick in is lie down and try to sleep. Any help would be nice so I can tell my new doc what is going on.

Comment from: betty, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I get sporadic headaches starting at the temples across my forehead. Sometimes I feel like I hear whispering in my ears.

Comment from: Jadi, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 30

My daughter (15) is having regular headaches at the side of her head. She sometimes gets very hot with this and also feels sick. She has started to get jaw aches with them occasionally also. These occur at various times of the day. We have tried drinking more during the day and a change of diet but they are still occurring.

Comment from: steph, Published: March 21

I been having this headache located on my frontal since four days ago...after two hours of being awake the headache starts...I feel like my head has this huge weight on it!

Comment from: mostlywright, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have a headache that is worse in the evening. It feels like pressure in my lower head upper neck area. When I cough or bend over, it is more noticeable.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I have headache for the past 1 month. It's painful constantly on the neck portion and back portion of my head. Doctors said it's because of typhoid, but I am doubtful.

Comment from: Tshay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I have had migraines since the birth of my second child. I started off slow with Tylenol 3. Unfortunately the migraines increased and so did their intensity. I have had over 15 MRI's I have tried Imitrex as well as others. The only thing that works for me is Maxalt. I have been on preventatives for 8 years. I take Topamax and Keppra. I don't put much stock in the Keppra and I am actually switching to a new medication and I am going to try the Botox. My migraines last anywhere from 2 hours to 13 days(my longest). They have been getting more severe this past year and have made having any type of normal life seem like a fairytale.

Comment from: Binno, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I'm 62 male and had angioplasty in October 06. Lately I have started getting this mild headache immediately after meal which would last for about an hour or so and would disappear on its own without any medication or treatment. I have been on medication for high cholesterol and BP and border line Uric acid and diabetes. About 2 months back, a slight change was made in my cholesterol medication from Rosuvas 20 mg to Rosuvas F 20 mg. and this headache only started about a fortnight back.

Comment from: neckpain, Female (Patient) Published: March 15

Have a pain that goes up my neck and the tightened muscles are what causes the headache. I've had message which works for immediate relief but not long term. For some reason I've had this current one for several days. I'm 45 and have noticed my menstrual cycle shortening to about 24 days. My self-diagnosis blames hormones.

Comment from: rebeccar~, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

I woke up with a red spot in the white part of my right eye ...The past three days I've had a severe headache and a stiff neck.

Comment from: Caresid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I am a 63 year old female with headaches and pressure for days. Headaches in temple area, behind eyes, pain above forehead area. Blood pressure ok. Some sinus drainage, have had headaches for two weeks in the past after a migraine, no migraine associated this time. Some nausea off and on as well. I am thinking sinus. No fever, no cough.

Comment from: lacie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I also have had migraines since childhood. Vomitting, light and sound sensitivity. Some last for days. I have found if I take one 350mil of Aspirin a 500mil of Tylenol and a cup of coffee my headache goes away.

Comment from: wcappiell, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

Headache pain from the lower back of head, top and temples. Temples are extremely sensitive to touch and at times I feel my upper left eyelid drooping and numbness on the left side of face. I have had this headache for a few weeks. Its intermittent at times. Please let me know what type of headache this is.

Published: February 25

I have a terrible pain in one spot on my head in the right front. I also have a pain above my right eye. I have been treated for migraine, but it didn't help at all. I have had this terrible pain nonstop for 4 weeks.

Comment from: mj, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

Severe headache facial and neck pain experiencing numbness in my fingers my vision is not very good at times nausea and vomiting my headache is so bad I have not found anything to give me any relief.

Comment from: melly, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I am experiencing throbbing pain at the base of my head, temples feel very sore, sometimes feel like my brain is beating. There is also tightness at the base of scalp.

Comment from: jacquip, 45-54 Female Published: February 24

I have had a headache for almost a year. Started out as only having it once every couple of weeks. Now, it's almost continuous. When I cough or bend over, it feels like my brain is trying to squeeze through my skull.

Comment from: nanakat, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 18

My headaches wake me up in the night. Pain in the top of the head, nose and eyes. I can't understand why it happens when i am sleeping. During the day i don't have as many.

Comment from: Julia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

Headache started at the front left side, now it is still there but has moved to the lower back of head. I know when I walk in cold weather and not wearing a hat affects me sometimes.

Comment from: davin, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 14

I have a headache that is very painful and more on one side the left side and it is right behind my eyes feels like my eyes are being pushed out of my head need a home remedy.

Comment from: homebase, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I have had a headache on the right side of my head right above the ear for over 4 months it is constant. It came on suddenly. When the pain in my head dulls enough to be tolerable my ear hurts. I have tried many over the counter medications, I have even seen an ENT doctor, had an MRI and a CT scan that revealed nothing!

Comment from: karamjit, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

Headache is mild, lasted for 2-3 days. On start it covers whole head, then half potion mostly right. Eyes also have pain. Massage over eyes gives relief. Digestion is ok.

Comment from: lindaparr27, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I have had a headache going on about four months. It starts at the front of my head and goes down to my spine. It is a hard pressured head ache it hurts all the time. I get dizzy and sometimes I even pass out from the dizziness. I have had some tests but I haven't heard any results yet.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I experience an aura with my migraines. The aura last no more than 20 minutes but it's the scariest thing ever. It has been like a halo vision, and recently a zigzag rainbow. I'm only 26 but it has happened 3 times my whole life. I get nervous thinking it's a brain tumor when it Happens which usually triggers anxiety.

Comment from: kiran, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I get my headache when the weather changes or because of my weak eye sight even when I eat things like spinach or cabbage. I have been getting headaches since 6 years but no cure.

Published: January 31

I have what feels like a permanent headache in the back of my neck (where there is a knot floating around--my doctor said it was a muscle) and around my eyes. I also get migraines. I know I am under a lot of stress so I suppose this is the cause. For my migraines I take Fiornal tablets. I sure would like to get rid of these headaches.

Comment from: 35-44 Female Published: January 28

I have had headaches since my early twenties. I believe they are hormonal as they last through the entire time I am on my period. At times they only last a few days but this time it has been a week.

Comment from: Energy89, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

It's on one side of my head behind my eye and down my neck. It started a month ago and it won't go away I have tried every over the counter drug and nothing works.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 18

My headache is daily or at least 4-5 times a week. It is mainly in my temple and around my eyes. Sometimes it is the back of the head and neck. My sinuses are clear.

Comment from: Debra502, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I woke up in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain in my head on the left side. It felt like a knife being stabbed quickly into brain and then right back out, no pain in between what felt like thrusts.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

Worst headache of my life across my forehead. I have been docs twice as headache has been constant for over a week. I was told it was viral infection took codine for 5 days every four hours then it stopped working. I went back to docs was told I have blocked sinuses I was given antibiotics. I am now in severe pain being sick no medicine is helping.

Comment from: Lizeth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

I had pain on the left side of my head. The area feels tender to the touch. It usually happens in the morning when I wake up. I had this on and off for approximately 5 years.

Comment from: Sheila, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

Hi there, my name is Sheila, 22 years old and I'm from Malaysia. I'm having a different kind of headache and I don't understand what type it is. I will get headache often from all over my head. Besides that, I'll have a funny feeling on my left and right side of my brain. I'm not sure it's just a feeling or a pain because I don't feel its pain. It's like something moving inside. I've met many doctors and they are not so sure the reason behind these symptoms and told me to do a scan, but due to my financial problem, I failed to do so. I'm having these symptoms almost every day. I've taken many kinds of medicines and it's not working.

Comment from: Anne, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I have pain mostly on the right side of my head, sometimes in an off-center line from front to top of my head. Ice-packs seem to help relieve the pain as does Tramadol (I am allergic to any Morphene or derivative, natural or synthetic). Today the pain has been on the left side of my head. I seem to feel pain in my sinuses at the same time as the headache, and it hurts to use my eyes. I have had migraine headaches in the past. My eye problem with these present headaches reminds me of migraines I have had in the past. I have osteoarthritis and two collapsed disks in my neck.

Comment from: boomer221, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I have had headaches every day for over a month, not unusually for me to get headaches, sometimes I have nausea, also have sjodren syndrome, dry eyes, severe dry eye on left, Excedrin works the best.

Comment from: 25-34 Male Published: January 03

A burning pain shooting from the back of the lower left brain to the front, last for about 3 mins at most, after that it's gone. It doesn't happen at regular intervals. I get it at least thrice a month.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

My 3 year old son and were wrestling and "bonked heads". He seemed fine, but I got it directly above the ear and have never been in so much pain. No other symptoms other than not sleeping last night, maybe because I felt nervous about it.

Comment from: lalajohnson, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

My headache is sometimes at the back of my head. Mostly from my temples to my forehead hurts badly.

Comment from: martin, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 24

I am 44 I smoke and I drink 2 cups of coffee a day. I am a mechanic and very active I wake up almost every day with a very bad headache from the neck up it lasts about 30. I don't get headaches while I'm awake and light and noise doesn't bother me.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter