Patient Comments: Headache - Causes

What causes your headaches? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: singer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

My headaches are triggered when I get the slightest bit upset about anything, mainly worrying about my son. They start in my two neck muscles then crawl up and up; it goes in my ears then my temples and all over my head. The pain is so I cannot stand noise, light, or anything. I can't read watch TV or be bothered to talk pain killers, even the strong ones they have given me; nothing touches it. I've had these headaches every day for the last year since my son moved out of home. I can't even wash and do my hair now but the muscles in the neck go and that's my day destroyed. It stops me from ever leaving the house, I've had physiotherapy for it too.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had sinus headaches in the past which were caused by allergies. Most recently, I started with migraines again but was migraine free for about 15-20 years. I don't know what causes it. They have always occurred at night after 5 and before midnight. First migraine at age 60 after being migraine free for 15-20 years, I went to the emergency room for treatment; I had the usual treatment of a shot for pain and a shot for nausea. I was referred to a primary care physician by the emergency room doctor. She put me on sumatriptan 50 mg. I have had to take it once, one pill, and migraine symptoms of headache and slight nausea resolved. I don't know what has caused me to get migraines again.

Comment from: sestine, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I have a headache which spreads all over eyebrow bones and forehead. It pains too much and continues for full 8 days. I really don't know what it is, if it is migraine or something else.

Comment from: MacMillan, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 16

My patient has been experiencing a headache for the last four days. He has been having lots of trouble and says it gets worse when he coughs.

Comment from: MyPidgeon56, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I moved from the mountains to the valley a year ago last May. I have had a constant problem with headaches ever since.

Comment from: ccnurse, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I fell last year after missing the final step down the stairs. Landed on my right frontal area. Previous trauma in the same area 15 years ago. Two months later, continue with frontal and right sided headaches and some queasiness. Discovered accidentally that wearing a toboggan type knit hat on head and over frontal area eases my headaches. Recently noticed this when busy with chores both inside and outside. It has been two months since injury. Now a patient. Have been a nurse for 42 years.

Comment from: dori, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I have a sharp pain that hits in my left temple at night and wakes me up.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter