Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches, and cluster headaches are considered primary headaches. Secondary headaches are caused by disease. Headache symptoms vary with the headache type. Over-the-counter pain relievers provide short-term relief for most headaches. Read more: Headache Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Hangover Myths Slideshow: Hangover Cures, Herbal Remedies, Hair of the Dog, and More
Learn ways to avoid a hangover, create morning-after remedies, and other widely held hangover beliefs....
Headaches Quiz: Learn About Headache Pain
If you're plagued with headaches, our Headaches Quiz may help you identify causes, triggers, symptoms, and treatments for...
Eye Problems & Conditions Quiz
What do you know about your eyes? Take this quick quiz to learn about a range of eye diseases and conditions....
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Picture of Influenza Virus
The flu is caused by viruses that infect the respiratory tract which are divided into three types, designated A, B, and C. See a...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms & Tips to Stay Hydrated
Do you know the signs of dehydration? Dehydration can cause medical complications. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and...
A Cold or The Flu? How to Tell the Difference
Learn common symptoms of a cold and the flu. Discover the difference between a cold and the flu. Read about cold and flu...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can occur at any age for men or women. Learn more about the causes of chronic fatigue syndrome...
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Migraine Headaches: 14 Non-Drug Treatments for Migraines
Learn about 14 non-drug treatments for migraines. Acupuncture, biofeedback and massage therapy are among this list of non-drug...
Women’s Health: 13 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
Hormone imbalance involves changes in estrogen, progesterone, and other hormone levels. Hormonal imbalance may cause symptoms...
Ebola Virus: Outbreak, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is Ebola? Learn about the Ebola virus outbreak symptoms, treatment and transmission. How is the Ebola virus spread?...
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
HIV, or human immunodeficiency virus, causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS. Learn about HIV positive, being HIV...
Pain: Why Does My Head Ache?
Find out what's behind your headache, and get some strategies to bring you relief for your pain....
Migraine and Headaches: Top Migraine Hacks
A migraine can be more than just a whopping headache. Try these self-care tips for relief before and after it hits....
Zika Virus Symptoms, Pregnancy, Treatments, Vaccine
A quick guide to the Zika virus, its causes, symptoms, and treatment options. Find out how Zika is transmitted by mosquitoes,...
Related Disease Conditions
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
An upper respiratory infection is a contagious infection of the structures of the upper respiratory tract, which includes the...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Multiple Sclerosis Early Symptoms and Signs (Early, Body Areas Affected)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms vary from person to person, and can last for days to months without periods of remission....
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Shingles, or herpes zoster, is a painful rash caused by the varicella zoster virus. Other shingles symptoms include headache,...
How Long Is a Cold or Flu Contagious?
Viruses cause the common cold and the flu. Early symptoms and signs for a cold and the flu are similar, however, flu symptoms are...
Jet lag (desynchonosis) is a temporary disorder that results from travel across time zones. Symptoms include anxiety,...
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ, TMD)
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome is a disorder that causes symptoms like pain, clicking, and popping of the jaw. TMJ is...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Internal Bleeding (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment)
Internal bleeding occurs when an artery or vein is damaged and blood to escapes the circulatory system and collects inside the...
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Testicular Pain (Men and Boys: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Testicular pain, or pain in the testicle or testicles are caused by a variety of diseases or conditions such as testicular...
Brain aneurysm (cerebral aneurysm) is caused by microscopic damage to artery walls, infections of the artery walls, tumors,...
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) bacteria causes skin infections with the following signs and symptoms:...
Is Strep Throat Contagious?
Strep throat is caused by group A streptococcus bacterium. Symptoms of strep throat include sore throat, white patches or spots...
Coxsackieviruses may be divided into two groups. Type A causes hand, foot, and mouth disease and conjunctivitis, while type B...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Eye strain is a symptom caused by looking at something for a long time. Symptoms and signs include redness, light sensitivity,...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Novel H1N1 influenza A virus infection (swine flu) is an infection that generally is transferred from an infected pig to a human,...
Tylenol Liver Damage
Tylenol liver damage (acetaminophen) can occur from accidentally ingesting too much acetaminophen, or intentionally. Signs and...
Cancers that form from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors. Brain tumors may be malignant (brain cancer) or benign....
Sinus Headache Pain, Symptoms, Treatments, Remedies, and Cures
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Seizures Symptoms and Types
Seizures are divided into two categories: generalized and partial. Generalized seizures are produced by electrical impulses from...
Glaucoma is a common eye condition in which the fluid pressure inside the eye rises because of slowed fluid drainage from the...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Diet, Treatment
Hyponatremia is a condition in which the levels of sodium in the blood is too low. Some of the symptoms of hyponatremia include...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Salmonella infection (salmonellosis) is typically caused by the consumption of contaminated foods. Symptoms of salmonellosis...
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Norovirus infection causes stomach flu, or gastroenteritis. It's a very contagious illness with symptoms that include nausea and...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Pain that originates in the face is referred to as trigeminal neuralgia. This pain may be caused by: an injury, an infection...
Cauliflower ear, or "Boxer's Ear" is caused by an injury to the ear, usually by blunt trauma from sports such as boxing,...
Occipital Neuralgia (Headache)
Occipital neuralgia is a type of headache that involves inflammation or irritation of occipital nerves. Signs and symptoms...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
Head Injury (Brain Injury)
In the United States, head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Head injuries due to bleeding are...
Ticks are known transmitters of disease to humans and animals. Tick-borne diseases include Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
The most common cause of a black eye a trauma injury to the face or head. Most black eyes are minor and heal on their own;...
Dengue fever is contracted from the bite of a striped Aedes aegypti mosquito. Symptoms and signs of dengue include headache,...
Typhoid fever is an illness caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. The illness is contracted by ingesting the bacteria in...
Is Meningitis Contagious?
Meningitis, inflammation of the meninges, symptoms and signs include neck stiffness, headache, and fever. There are five types of...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Scarlet Fever (Scarlatina)
Scarlet fever, a bacterial infection caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria, causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash with...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Whiplash is a common injury to a person's neck following a car accident (in most cases). Symptoms include: headache, neck...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Spider Bites (Common, Black Widow, and Brown Recluse)
Most spiders in the United States are harmless; however, black widow and brown recluse spider bites may need medical treatment....
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a disorder of the muscles and joints that causes pain and stiffness in the arms, neck, shoulders,...
Group A streptococcal infections are caused by group A streptococcus, a bacteria that causes a variety of health problems,...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Mucormycosis (zygomycosis) is a fungal infection caused by Zygomycetes. Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, coughing,...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba found in freshwater and soil. Infection results when the amoeba enters the nose and travels to the...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue. It is characterized by the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in...
Paget's disease is a chronic bone disorder due to irregular breakdown and formation of bone tissue. Symptoms of Paget's disease...
Meningitis is inflammation of the membranes that cover the spinal cord and brain. Symptoms include fever, headache, and a stiff...
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition in pregnant women marked by high blood pressure and a high level of protein in the urine. Eclampsia...
A polio infection causes symptoms and signs such as paralysis, limb deformities, and even death. There is no curative treatment...
Typhus is a disease caused by Rickettsia bacteria. Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and...
Plague (Black Death)
Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis. Transmission to humans occurs via fleas that have bitten...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS) is a disease transmitted by rodents. Symptoms include fever and muscle pain. HPS can be...
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytomas are quite rare and the vast majority of them are entirely...
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that causes symptoms such as low blood pressure, fever, and a rash with peeling skin....
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Leptospirosis is an infectious disease that causes symptoms such as fever, headache, and chills. Treatment for leptospirosis...
Mumps is an acute viral illness caused by the mumps virus. Symptoms of mumps include fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness,...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Is Malaria Contagious?
Malaria is transmitted via the bite of an infected mosquito. The incubation period for malaria depends upon the species of...
Schistosomiasis (snail fever), a disease caused by parasites, causes a variety of symptoms and signs, such as cough, rash and...
Cat Scratch Disease
Cat scratch disease (CSD or cat scratch fever), a bacterial disease caused by Bartonella henselae, is characterized by fever,...
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding. Bruxism may be caused by stress or anxiety and often happens during sleep....
Tetanus is an often-fatal disease caused by nerve toxins produced by the common bacteria Clostridium tetani. In a seven-day...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Cysticercosis (Pork Tapeworm Infection)
Cysticercosis is an infection caused by Taenia solium, the pork tapeworm. Symptoms include seizures, lethargy, nausea and...
Histoplasmosis (Cave Disease)
Histoplasmosis (cave disease) is a disease caused by a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum. The symptoms are similar to those of...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Anthrax is a deadly infectious disease that may be transmitted to humans by infected animals or by biological warfare. There are...
Rabies is a viral disease that is transmitted via the bite of an infected animal. Symptoms include fever, headaches, and...
Nipah Virus Infection
Nipah virus infection is a zoonotic infection that fruit bats and pigs can transmit to humans. NiV signs and symptoms include...
Enterovirus (Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection)
Non-polio enteroviruses cause a variety of infections, including aseptic meningitis, hand, foot, and mouth disease, herpangina,...
Are You Too Sick to Work?
When you're not feeling well, it may be difficult to decide whether to stay home or go to school or work. Conditions that are...
The bacteria Brucella causes brucellosis, an infectious zoonotic disease in humans. Symptoms and signs include fatigue, fever,...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and fever. Pregnant...
Diphtheria is a disease that causes symptoms and signs such as fever, enlarged lymph nodes, and swallowing problems. Erythromycin...
West Nile Virus
West Nile virus (West Nile encephalitis) is a brain infection caused by a virus. People become infected with the virus after...
Meningococcemia is a bloodstream infection caused by Neisseria meningitides. Meningococcemia symptoms include fever, headache,...
Is Scarlet Fever Contagious?
Group A strep bacteria cause scarlet fever. Scarlet fever is transmitted via person-to-person contact and by coming in contact...
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments
Before treating a cold, the flu, or allergies with over-the-counter (OTC) medications, it's important to know what's causing the...
Is Lyme Disease Contagious?
Lyme disease may be transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected tick. The bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi causes the disease...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
Zika Virus (Zika Fever)
The Zika virus is transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito. Symptoms and signs of a Zika virus infection include...
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is characterized by numerous cysts in the kidneys. Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic...
Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
Hereditary angioedema or HAE is a genetic disease that causes swelling of the skin and tissues beneath it. Symptoms of HAE...
Is Norovirus Contagious?
Noroviruses cause food poisoning symptoms in infected individuals. Norovirus is transmitted via direct and indirect contact....
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
The cornea is the clear outer layer of the eye. If it is damaged by disease, infection, or injury, vision problems may occur....
Lassa fever is a viral hemorrhagic fever that causes flu-like symptoms. Ribavirin is the standard treatment for Lassa fever....
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Is Swine Flu (H1N1) Contagious?
Swine flu (H1N1) is a contagious virus that spreads when an infected individual expels virus-containing droplets into the air...
Brain Damage: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Brain damage causes destruction or deterioration of brain cells. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI) are...
Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA or Temporal Arteritis)
Giant cell arteritis, inflammation of blood vessel walls, affects 10%-15% of polymyalgia rheumatica patients. Symptoms of giant...
Stroke vs Aneurysm (Differences and Similarities)
A stroke or "brain attack" is caused because blood flow to an area of the brain has been cut off by a blood clot or by a weakened...
Cold vs. Flu
Though the common cold and flu share many signs and symptoms, they are caused by different viruses. Signs and symptoms include...
Pseudotumor Cerebri (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension)
Pseudotumor Cerebri (intracranial hypertension) is a condition where there is an increase in pressure of fluid surrounding the...
Migraine and Stroke (Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Migraine headache is a type of headache in which the exact cause is not known; however, they may be inherited, and certain...
Valley fever (coccidioidomycosis) is a disease caused by the inhalation of the Coccidioides immitis or C. posadasii fungus....
In hypoparathyroidism, the parathyroid gland does not produce enough parathyroid hormone. Causes of hypoparathyroidism include...
Marburg Virus Disease
Marburg virus disease is a zoonotic infection that produces symptoms such as chills, headaches, fever, and muscle aches. The...
Tularemia (rabbit fever) is an infection caused by the Francisella tularensis bacteria. People can become infected with tularemia...
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease or Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever)
Ebola hemorrhagic fever (HF) is an often-fatal disease that causes fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, stomach...
Legionellosis is an infection caused by the Legionella pneumophila bacterium. There are two forms of legionellosis: Pontiac fever...
Fungal meningitis is a rare disease that is not contagious. Symptoms include fever, headache, stiff neck, nausea, and vomiting....
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF)
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a tick-borne disease that causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash, headache, and muscle...
Q fever is a highly infectious disease that causes high fever, diarrhea, cough, and sweating. Infected animals may transmit Q...
Chikungunya Virus (Chikungunya Infection)
Chikungunya virus is an infection spread (transmitted) through a bite from an infected mosquito. Common symptoms of Chikungunya...
Yellow fever is an infectious disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes. Side effects are rare with the yellow fever vaccine....
Burkitt lymphomas are types of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma that affect the bone marrow and central nervous system. There are multiple...
Coma is the inability to waken or react to the surrounding environment. The Glasgow Coma Scale is frequently used to measure the...
Takayasu disease (also referred to as Takayasu arteritis) is a chronic inflammation of the aorta and its branch arteries....
Nasopharyngeal cancer is a form of cancer in which malignant cells form in the nasopharynx tissues. Risk factors include being of...
Bug Bites and Stings
Bug bites and stings have been known to transmit insect-borne illnesses such as West Nile virus, Rocky Mountain spotted fever,...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a rare genetic disease caused by defects on two genes. The signs and symptoms of TSC vary...
Is the Ebola Virus Contagious?
Ebola hemorrhagic fever is a highly contagious disease that is transmitted through direct contact. Ebola's incubation period...
Powassan Virus Disease
Powassan (POW) virus disease is a rare tick-borne disease that causes symptoms such as confusion, memory problems, fever,...
Rat Lungworm (Angiostrongylus cantonensis)
Rat lungworm (Angiostrongylus cantonensis) is a parasite that infects rats. The parasite can infect people if ingested by eating...
A spinal tap or an epidural block can cause a spinal headache. In these procedures, a needle is placed within the fluid-filled...
Headaches in Children
Kids get headaches and migraines too. Many adults with headaches started having them as kids, in fact, 20% of adult headache...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Neurologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- Root Canal
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Trigger Point Injection
- Lumbar Puncture (LP or Spinal Tap)
- Sedimentation Rate
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Thyroid Blood Tests
- Hemodialysis (Treatment for Kidney Failure)
- Vaccination FAQ
- Bioelectric Therapy
- Headaches FAQs
- Caffeine FAQs
- Eyes and Eye Conditions FAQs
- Stress: Three Minutes to Stress Relief!
- Headache: Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Headaches
- 11 Tips for Surviving A Heat Wave Without Air-Conditioning
- PMS vs. PMDD - Whats' the Difference?
- Drug Interactions: Know Ingredients, Consult Your Physician
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Caffeine Addiction, Can You Quit?
- Marburg Hemorrhagic Fever Symptoms and Discovery
- Facts About Thallium Poisoning
- Senator Ted Kennedy: Seizure, Brain Cancer, and Death
- Vestibular Migraine and Janet Jackson
- Brain Cancer Symptoms: Headaches and Seizures
- Swine Flu Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Vaccination
- The Worst Headache of Your Life: Brain Hemorrhage Symptoms
- Acquired Methemoglobinemia
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- West Nile Virus Infection Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Lead Poisoning - The Lead Story
- Listeriosis Symptoms, Signs, and Diagnosis
- Concussion Symptoms and Testing
- Migraine Symptoms
- Lead Poisoning Symptoms
- Flu: What to Do if You Get the Flu
- How Much Protein Do I Need?
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- High Altitude Sickness Symptoms
- Brain Eating Amoeba: Naegleria fowleri
- Pneumonia vs. Walking Pneumonia
- Pain Relievers and High Blood Pressure
- Head Injury Symptoms, Types, and Severity
- Brain Tumor Symptoms and Types
- Cat Scratch: What Is Cat Scratch Disease?
- Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Fungal Meningitis and Steroid Injections: a Health-Care Disease
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Benzodiazepines vs. Barbiturates
- gabapentin (Neurontin)
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- Drug Interactions
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
- sumatriptan, Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- valproic acid, divalproex, Depakote, Depakote Sprinkle, Depakote ER, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor
- erenumab (Aimovig)
- topiramate, Topamax, Qudexy XR, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR
- rizatriptan tablet - oral, Maxalt
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- lithium, Lithobid
- valproate sodium syrup - oral, Depakene
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- rizatriptan disintegrating tablet - oral, Maxalt MLT
- eletriptan, Relpax
- Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
- meclofenamate; Meclomen
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- zolmitriptan, Zomig, Zomig-ZMT
- Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic patch)
- dihydroergotamine - nasal, Migranal
- salicylamide/acetaminophen/phenyltoloxamine - oral, Anabar, Dolorex, Lobac
- Onzetra Xsail (sumatriptan nasal powder)
- dihydroergotamine - injection, D.H.E.45
Prevention & Wellness
- Migraine's 'Silver Lining': Lowered Risk for Diabetes?
- Health Tip: When Kids Drink Coffee
- Health Tip: Understanding Migraines
- FDA Approves Third of New Migraine Drugs
- Genes May Control How Tough It Is to Stop Drinking
- Your Puppy Can Make You Very Sick: CDC
- FDA Approves 2nd Migraine Prevention Drug
- To Fend Off Migraines, Try Keeping a Headache Diary
- When Does Your Child's Headache Call for a Doctor Visit?
- Could Estrogen Play a Role in Men's Migraines?
- How to Head Off an Ice Cream Headache
- Non-Drug Migraine Treatments Often Ignored
- Another Drug to Prevent Migraines Shows Promise
- Health Tip: Recognize Signs of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- One Man Got a Nasty Surprise From World's Hottest Chili Pepper
- Sometimes, Headaches Can Be an Emergency. Here's When.
- How to Survive a New Year's Hangover
- Why a Headache Feels So Draining
- Health Tip: Symptoms of Sinus Infection
- Pediatric Treatment Approved for 'Kissing Bug' Disease
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Identify Symptoms of a Concussion
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unnecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Fleas Test Positive for Plague in Arizona
- What Diabetics Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Meds
- Know the Signs of Concussion
- The Scoop on Avoiding 'Brain Freeze'
- Health Tip: Do I Need a Zika Test?
- Swimming Lessons: For Starters, Watch Out for Germs in the Water
- Rat Lungworm: A Nasty Parasite With an Uglier Name
- 6 Out of 7 Possible Concussions May Have Been Missed in 2014 World Cup
- Severe Headaches Plague Vets With Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Non-Opioid Drug More Effective for Migraines: Study
- Kroger Expands Recall of Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- Video Call May Be as Good as Doctor Visit for Headache
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- New Drugs Show Promise as First to Prevent Migraine
- Migraine Warning Signs May Differ in Kids, Adults
- Boys More Likely to Hide a Concussion Than Girls
- Health Tip: How to Spot a Sprained Neck
- Stroke Risk Can Rise With Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Coming This Summer: More Ticks and a Deadly New Tick-Borne Disease
- Common Painkillers Tied to Slight Rise in Heart Attack Risk
- Brain Research Fuels New Migraine Treatments
- 1 in 3 Americans May Have Had Warning Stroke Without Knowing It
- FDA Approves Device to Help Curb Cluster Headaches
- A Healthier Weight May Mean Fewer Migraines
- FDA Approves Hep C Drugs for Kids 12 and Older
- Wireless Arm Patch May Blunt Migraine Pain
- More Booze Won't Beat Back That Hangover
- Health Tip: Identifying Signs of the Common Cold
- Headaches Often Strike Before Strokes in Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Get a Massage
- 'Heading' Soccer Ball Not Smart for the Brain
- 8 People Infected in Rare U.S. Outbreak of Rat Virus
- Ticks Carrying Lyme Disease Confirmed in Eastern National Parks
- Migraine Linked to Higher Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Ready Your Home for Winter's Wrath
- Rest May Not Be Best for Kids After Concussion
- Health Tip: Prepare Your Heating System for Winter
- Was Football Safer Back in the Day?
- 'Cold Caps' May Halt Hair Loss in Breast Cancer Patients: Study
- Health Tip: Stop Grinding Your Teeth
- Migraine and Stroke Risk Linked Again
- Health Tip: Recognizing Traumatic Brain Injury
- Water: Can It Be Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Study Questions Use of Migraine Meds in Kids, Teens
- Pregnancy May Boost Stroke Risk in Younger Women: Study
- More Kids and Teens Heading to ER With Headaches
- Are You and Your Home Ready for Winter?
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Brain Aneurysm: Lack of Awareness Can Cost Lives
- Can You Blame Your Headaches on Your Thyroid?
- Ketamine May Treat Migraine, Chronic Pain
- How to Protect Yourself From the Seasonal Flu
- New Approach Helps Ease Teens' Stubborn Concussion Symptoms
- 4 Out of 5 Kids With Epilepsy Have Other Health Problems: Study
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- Zika Now Tied to Miscarriage
- Meningitis B Vaccine Falls Short of Expectations
- Concussion Study Shows Player-to-Player Hits Most Damaging
- Is Swimming Safe in Areas With the Freshwater 'Brain-Eating' Amoeba?
- Concussion Rates Have Doubled Among U.S. Kids
- DNA Tests May Spot Brain Infections
- Homing In on the Genetics of Migraine
- Spikes in Blood Pressure Don't Always Need ER Care
- Vitamin Deficiencies Common in Young Migraine Sufferers
- Experimental Drug Acts Fast Against Chronic Migraine
- Health Tip: Laxatives Have Side Effects
- Migraines Take Toll on Spouse
- Health Tip: Have Headaches? Speak to Your Doctor
- Delayed Treatment for Concussion May Prolong Recovery
- Giving the 'Green Light' to Migraine Relief
- 5 Warning Signs of Stroke
- Previous Mental Distress May Slow Concussion Recovery
- Study Suggests Brain Damage in 40 Percent of Ex-NFL Players
- Severe Migraines Linked to Complications During Pregnancy, Childbirth
- For 'Ironman' Athletes, Study Shows Danger of Too Much Water
- Idelvion Approved for Hemophilia B
- Do Genes Link Headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Stroke Risk May Be Greater for Certain Migraine Sufferers: Studies
- Migraines May Worsen as Menopause Approaches
- Illegal Hits Play Big Role in Youth Ice Hockey Concussions: Study
- Asthma Linked to Chronic Migraines in Some People
- Cooling Cap to Reduce Chemo-Linked Hair Loss OK'd
- Asthma Appears to Double Chronic Migraine Risk
- After Concussion Symptoms Fade, Slowed Blood Flow in Brain May Persist
- Anthrax Vaccine Approval Expanded
- Slow Progress on Curbing Wasteful, 'Low-Value' Health Care Practices: Study
- 'Mud Bogging' Motor Sport Tied to Carbon Monoxide Poisonings, Deaths
- Severe Headache During Pregnancy May Signal Trouble
- Health Tip: Soothing a Tension Headache
- Headaches Are Common in Kids, Teens
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult
- Watch Out for Disease-Carrying Insects This Summer
- Health Tip: Coping With Disaster
- Health Tip: Log Symptoms in a Headache Diary
- Health Tip: Exercising With Heart Problems
- Surgery May Help Teens With Frequent Migraines, Study Contends
- New Drugs Might Prevent Migraines Before They Start
- Most Children With Migraines Don't Get Proven Treatments: Study
- High School Football Players May Be at Doubled Risk of Migraine
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Narcotic Painkillers, Barbiturates
- Pregnancy Often Leads to Changes in Migraines
- FDA Warns of Complications From Facial Fillers
- Chronic Migraines Take Big Toll on Families, Survey Finds
- Migraines Often Undiagnosed, Doctor Says
- U.S. Boy's Death Highlights Rare Mosquito-Borne Infection
- Migraine, Carpal Tunnel May Be Linked
- Malpractice Fears Spurring Most ER Docs to Order Unnecessary Tests
- Could Your Child Have Migraines?
- Nerve Treatment Via Nose Shows Promise Against Migraines
- Kids Can Get Migraines Too
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sinusitis
- Study Rates Migraine Medications
- Extra Bed Rest May Not Be Best for Kids With Concussions
- Abuse in Childhood Tied to Migraines in Adulthood
- Pack a Travel First-Aid Kit for the Holidays
- Combination Antibiotic Zerbaxa Approved
- CDC Warns of Listeria Danger From Caramel Apples
- Migraine May Raise Risk for Bell's Palsy, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: When Headaches Signal Trouble
- FDA Approves New Vaccine to Protect Against Meningitis
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Raise Risk of Severe Headaches, Scientists Report
- Pricey Hepatitis Drug a Good Bet in U.S. Prisons, Study Says
- Ebola Anxiety: A Bigger Threat Now Than the Virus Itself
- Ebola or Not? Rapid Test for the Virus Not Here Yet
- Esbriet, Ofev Approved to Treat Deadly Lung Disease
- U.S. Health Officials Resist Ban on Travel From West Africa
- Risks From Epidural, Spinal Anesthesia Very Low, Study Says
- Akynzeo Approved for Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Many Parents Need to Educate Themselves About Concussions
- Hepatitis C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It
- Mini-Strokes May Lead to PTSD, Study Finds
- Noninvasive Devices May Help Migraines, FDA Says
- Are Migraines in Middle Age Tied to Raised Parkinson's Risk Later?
- Ebola Outbreak Could Infect 20,000 People, U.N. Says
- Electrical Pulses to Scalp May Boost Memory: Study
- Cosmetic Eye Procedure May Ease Migraines, Small Study Says
- Could Chiropractic Manipulation of Your Neck Trigger a Stroke?
- Health Tip: Easing Headache Pain
- Headbanging to Heavy Metal Music Linked To Man's Brain Bleed
- Guard Your Kids Against Bug Bites This Summer
- Season's Change Can Bring on Cluster Headaches
- Surgery Doubted as a Migraine Reliever
- Chronic Migraines Affect the Whole Family
- Former NFL Players May Be Plagued With Chronic Headaches
- Migraines May Worsen During Menopause
- Head Injuries Tied to Higher Migraine Risk for Veterans
- Study: Similar Outcomes From Combat Head Injuries, Regardless of Cause
- Headaches During Sex More Common Than Thought, Expert Says
- FDA Approves Antibiotic for Skin Infections
- Migraines Linked to Increased Risk of 'Silent Strokes'
- Could Certain Antidepressants Slow Alzheimer's?
- Smaller Brain Volume Seen in College Football Players in Study
- FDA Panel Says No to Over-the-Counter Allergy Drug Singulair
- Measles on Upswing Despite Vaccines' Effectiveness: CDC
- New Drugs May Help Prevent Migraines
- Taking Blood Thinners With Certain Painkillers May Raise Bleeding Risk
- Report Questions Effectiveness of Flu Meds
- Health Tip: What May Trigger Tension Headaches
- Girls Suffer Worse Concussions, Study Suggests
- Stroke Often Missed in ERs, Study Finds
- Carbon Monoxide Poisonings May Rise During Storms
- More ERs Treating Headaches With Narcotics, Study Finds
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Might Help Fibromyalgia Patients
- Too Many Unneeded Brain Scans for Headaches, Study Suggests
- Ibuprofen, Aleve Won't Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- Hetlioz Approved for Sleep Disorder in Blind People
- Health Tip: Spot the Signs of Scarlet Fever
- Concussions Common in Middle School Girls Playing Soccer: Study
- FDA OKs 2-Drug Combo Treatment for Advanced Melanoma
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Sugar Low at Night?
- Recession Triggered Wave of Health Worries, Study Finds
- Power of Suggestion Revealed in Study of Migraine Drug
- Health Tip: Don't Take Too Much Acetaminophen
- Avoiding That New Year's Hangover
- FDA Rejects MS Drug Lemtrada
- Behavioral Therapy Might Ease Kids' Migraine Symptoms
- Don't Let Migraines Ruin Your Holidays
- Tretten Approved for Genetic Clotting Disorder
- Keeping Healthy During Holiday Travel
- First Device to Treat Migraine With Aura Approved
- FDA Approves New Magnet Device to Treat Migraines
- Health Tip: Prevent Headaches in Teens
- As More Meningitis Cases Hit Colleges, Experts Urge Awareness
- H5N1 Bird Flu Vaccine Approved
- Princeton Students Safe to Travel Despite Meningitis Outbreak: CDC
- Concussion's Damage to Brain Lingers After Symptoms Fade: Study
- What Not to Do for Migraines
- Aptiom Approved to Treat Seizures
- U.S. Malaria Cases Hit 40-Year High
- Brain-Imaging Drug Approved for Alzheimer's Detection
- Headaches Accompanying Lupus Often Not Disease-Related, Study Finds
- Take Infection Precautions When Using Nasal-Rinsing Products: FDA
- Many More Kids Visiting ER for Sports Concussions, Study Finds
- Concussion Symptoms May Not Differ in Teen, Young Adult Athletes
- New Tool May Help Identify Deadly Brain Bleed
- Bullied Kids Often Develop Physical Symptoms, Study Says
- Obesity May Increase Migraine Odds
- Migraines Linked to Artery Networks in Brain
- Concussed Athletes May Not Be Good at Self-Reporting Recovery
- FDA Warns of Rare Skin Reactions to Acetaminophen
- Migraine Doctors in Short Supply Across U.S.
- Most Pregnant Women Treated for Migraines Able to Deliver Vaginally
- Acute Migraines More Apt to Turn Chronic With Poor Treatment
- Migraine With Aura May Be Linked to All Stroke Types
- Obesity May Boost Migraine Odds
- Health News Reports May Spur 'Symptoms' in Some People
- Health Tip: If You Have Neck Pain
- Having Both Migraines, Depression May Mean Smaller Brain
- High School Football Players Often Not Deterred by Head Injury
- Drugs Can Sometimes Prevent Migraines, but at a Cost
- Figuring Out Your Migraine Triggers Is Tricky
- Colic May Be Linked to Childhood Migraine, Study Says
- Health Highlights: April 15, 2013
- Brain Differences Seen in People With Migraines
- Dotarem Approved for Nervous System MRIs
- Nerve-Stimulating Device Might Ease Migraines
- No Proof Drugs Ease Kids' Migraines: Study
- Could Lightning Spur Headaches and Migraines?
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- ER Visits Linked to Energy Drinks Double: Report
- Deer Ticks Carry Yet Another Bacterial Threat
- Cases of Rare But Deadly Encephalitis Rising Among Kids, Report Finds
- FDA Pulls One Generic Form of Wellbutrin Off the Market
- Veggie Burgers Recalled Over Listeria Risk
- Trader Joe's Recalls Frozen Chicken and Rice Dish
- Climbers With Altitude Sickness Show Signs of Brain Bleeds Years Later
- Health Tip: Is Caffeine Giving You the Jitters?
- Latest West Nile Tally: 5,245 Cases, 236 Deaths
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards Rise in Colder Weather
- Meningitis/Steroid Toll Now 34 Dead
- Scans Spot Brain Changes in Patients With Concussion Syndrome
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 33 Dead, 480 Sickened, CDC Says
- Compounding Pharmacists Oppose Greater U.S. Oversight
- Owner of Meningitis-Linked Pharmacy Declines to Testify Before Congress
- New Drug to Lower 'Bad' Cholesterol Shows Promise
- Congress to Open Hearings Into Steroid/Meningitis Outbreak
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Tick-Borne Illnesses in U.S. Move Beyond Lyme Disease
- Steroid-Meningitis Toll Now 32 Dead, 438 Sickened, CDC Says
- Steroid-Meningitis Toll Now 31 Dead, 424 Sickened, CDC Says
- Report Details Start of Steroid Meningitis Outbreak
- CDC: West Nile Toll Now 5,054 Cases, 228 Deaths
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- Migraines May Hurt Kids' Grades Too
- FDA: More Tainted Products at Firm Tied to Meningitis Outbreak
- Meningitis-Linked Infections Now Number 386, CDC Says
- Fungal Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 28 Dead, 363 Sickened
- Health Tip: Is That Sore Throat Strep?
- Cases Linked to Fungal Meningitis Now Number 328
- West Nile Cases Pass 4,700 Mark Nationwide: CDC
- Mass. Launches Criminal Probe of Firm Linked to Meningitis Outbreak: Report
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 23 Dead, 297 Sickened: CDC
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 23 Dead, 284 Sickened: CDC
- Latest Meningitis Outbreak Toll: 20 Deaths and 257 Infections, CDC Says
- West Nile Cases Pass 4,500 Mark Nationwide: CDC
- FDA Agents Visit Mass. Company Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Epilepsy Drug Shows Promise as Weight-Loss Aid, Study Says
- New Warnings in Fungal Meningitis Outbreak
- Parents May Be Taking Concussion Symptoms Too Lightly: Survey
- Fungal Meningitis Q&A
- Consistent Criteria for Sports Concussion Might Aid Diagnosis
- Meningitis Crisis Expands; More Infections, Deaths
- Meningitis Toll Now 12 Dead, 137 Sick: CDC
- West Nile Cases Continue to Climb, CDC Says
- Another Meningitis Scare Emerges, Targeting NYC's Gay Men
- Up to 13,000 Got Steroid Shots at Center of Meningitis Outbreak: CDC
- Steroid-Related Meningitis Cases Now Total 91, CDC Says
- West Nile Cases Continue to Climb, CDC Says
- For New Mom With Aphasia, 'Giving Up Was Not an Option'
- Humira Approved for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
- That May Not Be a Cold, Could Be Fall Allergies
- Kroger Recalls Spinach in 15 States
- West Nile Cases Still Rising; Death Toll Now at 134, CDC Says
- New Antibiotic in the Works for Dangerous C. Diff
- New Study Debunks Virus Theory for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- 'Where Is My Excedrin?'
- New Vaccine Offers Some Protection Against Dengue
- Acupuncture Pain Relief Is Real, Researchers Say
- FDA OKs Drug for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Beyond Statistics: 2 Faces of West Nile Virus
- Zaltrap Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Health Tip: If Your Child Gets Headaches
- Teething Baby? Avoid Benzocaine, FDA Says
- New Drug Approved for Colonoscopy Preparation
- Health Tip: Heed the Warning Signs of Heat Exhaustion
- College Football Players' Concussion Rates Double
- Methadone for Pain Relief Leading Cause of Fatal Overdoses: CDC
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- Health Tip: Have Your Headaches Evaluated
- Maintain Heart Health During Summer
- Health Tip: Preventing Headaches
- Health Tip: Are Your Child's Tantrums Dangerous?
- Weather Triggers Migraine Headaches
- Some Kinds of Red Wine May Not Trigger Migraines
- Few Migraine Sufferers Referred for Behavioral Treatments
- Headaches Worse With Mild Head Trauma Than More Severe Trauma
- For Combat Vets, Brain Injury Symptoms Can Last Years
- Scientists Spot More Migraine Genes
- Sheryl Crow's Brain Tumor: FAQ
- Chagas Disease FAQ
- Some Heavy Kids at Risk of Blindness, Study Says
- Nationwide Recall of Bagged Salads Expands
- Health Tip: Log Migraine Details in a Diary
- Two-Drug Combo Helps Teens With Migraines
- Concussions: Girls Have Longer Recovery Time
- Migraines More Likely for People With Celiac Disease, Study Says
- In Some Brain Bleeds, Patients Do Better at High-Volume Hospitals
- Afinitor Approval Expanded to Include Benign Kidney Tumors
- Levaquin Approved to Treat or Prevent Plague
- Toxic Gas in Dogs' Vomit a Threat to Vets: CDC
- Botox Only Modestly Effective for Migraines
- Migraine Guidelines Focus on Prevention
- New Clue to Brain Freeze
- Health Tip: When Your Child is Stressed
- Drug May Help Diagnose Alzheimer's Earlier
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Hormonal Changes May Trigger Migraines in Some Women
- Ibuprofen May Ward Off Altitude Sickness
- Health Tip: Manage the Pain of a Neck Sprain
- 'Delayed Reactions' May Outlast Other Concussion Effects
- Kids' Concussion Symptoms Can Last a Year, Study Says
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Web Therapy Helps With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Korlym Approved for Cushing's Syndrome
- Study Links Colic in Infants to Migraines in Moms
- Health Tip: A Sprain in the Neck
- Hard-Boiled Egg Recall Hits 34 States
- Many Stroke Victims Still Don't Get Treated Fast Enough: Study
- First Drug to Target Cause of Cystic Fibrosis Approved
- Weekly Shot Gets FDA Nod for Type 2 Diabetes
- Acupuncture May Boost Pregnancy Success Rates
- Could 'Magic' Mushrooms Ease Depression?
- Even Mild Dehydration May Cause Emotional, Physical Problems
- Narrowed Artery Condition Often Goes Undiagnosed: Study
- Voraxaze Approved to Treat High Levels of Chemo Drug
- New Drug Combo for Hepatitis C Shows Promise
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- Acupuncture May Be Effective for Migraines
- Health Tip: Is My Neck Pain Serious?
- Bufferin, Excedrin, NoDoz, Gas-X Recalled
- Pneumonia Vaccine Approved for Older People
- Health Tip: Physical Problems May Cause Insomnia
- Limit Cold Medications During Pregnancy, Experts Advise
- Isentress Approval Expanded to Include Children and Teens
- Headaches May Plague Many With HIV/AIDS
- Too Much Acetaminophen Over Time May Damage Liver
- FDA Rejects Avastin for Breast Cancer
- Some Kotex Tampons Recalled Due to Infection Risk
- Erbitux Approval Expanded to Include Head and Neck Cancer
- 2 More Deaths in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Health Tip: When Exercise Causes Hives
- Listeria Outbreak Now 2nd Largest in U.S. History
- FDA Approves First Combo Drug for Diabetes, Cholesterol
- Concussions on the Rise for Young Athletes
- 18 Deaths, 100 Cases in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Listeria Prompts Romaine Lettuce Recall
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Listeria in Cantaloupes: Deadliest Outbreak in a Decade
- Soliris Approval Expanded to Include Rare Blood Disorder
- Bed Bug Insecticides Causing Sickness, Officials Warn
- 8 Dead From Listeria-Contaminated Cantaloupes
- Second Listeriosis Death From Contaminated Cantaloupes
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- CDC Warning: Deadly Listeria in Cantaloupe
- Brain-Eating Amoeba FAQ
- Genes Play Role in How Alcohol Affects Men and Women
- Listeria Forces Recalls of Ready-to-Eat Chicken, Meat
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- Combination Therapy Needed to Fight Chronic Pain
- Little Insects, Big Allergic Reactions
- Moderate Exercise May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke
- More Stroke Patients Get Clot-Busting Drug But Barriers Remain
- FDA Approves New HIV Drug Edurant
- 'Placebo Effect' May Be Common in Headache Treatment
- Experimental Drug Targets Overactive Bladder
- FDA OKs Flu Shot With Smaller Needle
- Drug Combo May Help Treat Kids With ADHD
- Many Strokes Occur in Sleep, Preventing Treatment
- FDA Warns About Teething Medication
- New Drug May Help Control Epilepsy Seizures
- FDA OKs Test for Dengue Fever
- 27 Tons of Turkey Burgers Recalled
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Even More Tylenol
- Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery May Ease Migraines
- Recall of Albuterol Used in Nebulizers
- Recall of Defective Glucose Test Strips
- Study Gives 'Striking' Snapshot of Stroke Prognosis
- FDA Moves to Pull Avastin Breast Cancer Approval
- Surfing Great Andy Irons -- Dengue Death?
- Sports-Related Concussions on the Rise in Kids
- Marijuana Relieves Chronic Pain, Research Shows
- Stress May Raise Risk of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Migraines With Aura May Raise Stroke Risk
- High School Athletes Hit Hard by the Heat
- Obesity, Smoking Linked to Teen Migraines
- New Morning-After Pill Ella Wins FDA Approval
- FDA Warns Lamictal Can Cause Meningitis
- New Pain Drug May Be Alternative to Oxycodone
- Diet Drug Lorcaserin Safe, Effective, Study Finds
- Lack of Sleep Triggers 'Migraine' Proteins
- Frozen Meals Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- 5-Days-After-Sex Pill Gets FDA Panel Nod
- Many Stroke Patients Don't Get Quick Treatment
- Sleeping Pill May Treat Fibromyalgia Pain
- Weight Loss Pill Also Lowers Blood Pressure
- Airborne Fungus Expected to Spread in U.S.
- Fate of New Migraine Drug Is Uncertain
- Can You Recognize Symptoms of Minor Stroke?
- Pregnant Women Don't Get Enough Exercise
- Pill Kills Hard-to-Treat Head Lice
- Portable Device May Relieve Migraine Pain
- Fibromyalgia and Diet
- Swine Flu 101: College Survival Tips
- Common Cold: Too Sick to Work?
- An American's H1N1 Swine Flu Experience in London: One Patient's Story
- When to Call the Doctor About Flu
- Sleep Better When You're Sick
- Chronic Pain: Specific References for Chronic Pain
- Debt Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Diseases from Animals: A Primer
- Pituitary Tumors
- Sick Building Syndrome
- 10 Warning Signs of Prescription Painkiller Dependency
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter