Patient Comments: Head Lice - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms experienced with head lice in you or a relative? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Shelley, Published: July 19

I had my gallbladder out in 2012 and have had various problems with my digestive system since then. I have had pancreatitis before and after the removal of the gallbladder. So now it seems I have sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD). SOD seems to be the main reason for pancreatitis and gallbladder inflammation. Some foods definitely trigger the spasms and pain. Things like sugar (of any kind), alcohol, white flour, meat, and animal fats should all be avoided. In addition, opioids, Tylenol and Imodium are also triggers for me. It is really a life changer and hopefully eating better will eliminate the spasms and pain for others also.

Comment from: monishay, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I hate lice. My boyfriend's sister has a lot of lice and now she is infecting the whole house because now I have them first and my daughter which is 1 year and 8 months have it too. I found out she has lice and nits. I already got rid of the lice, but now she has the nits and I think those are really hard to get rid of. They really get stuck in your hair and they are really hard to see because they are so little. I'm treating her hair and my hair with a product that the doctor sent but nits still there. I'm thinking of using mayo.it sounds a little nasty but i have heard it works. I'm still trying to get rid of nits and hopefully I'm lice free by next week.

Comment from: rc54, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

Okay, here's a weird one. My wife has head lice. She had been having itchy head and my daughter finally (after weeks) said 'maybe lice?' Nurse neighbor came over and confirmed she has probably had for months. I don't. We looked last night when we diagnosed my wife's; none.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter