Patient Comments: Hamstring Injury - Symptoms

What symptoms and/or signs were associated with your hamstring injury? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Bill, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I am an elderly person and my problem started about 15 months ago with some minor pain in my right buttock which has spread to the perineum area and also to the left buttock. I started to get pain when sitting down. This pain has gradually got worse over these last 15 months without any relief at all. I have been to a number of specialists, orthopedics, sports injury doctors, sports injury physiotherapists and pain specialist. I have had physio treatment nerve blocks and cortisone injections, stimulation on the hamstring injury which is at the top end of the hamstring and I am doing regular basic exercises for the hamstring. I have always been a pretty fit person and I would like to spend the later years of my life without the worst of this pain when sitting.

Comment from: Lydia, Female (Patient) Published: June 24

With the hamstring injury I have extreme pain, and tightness of muscle like a very bad cramp.

Comment from: MichelleH, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

When I fell, I felt immediate intense pain and was unable to stand. I finally was able to stand with help, and walk. I had spasms in my leg and it felt like I had a tennis ball behind my thigh (found out later that this was my torn hamstring). I walked with a limp and turned black and blue. Sitting in a chair was excruciating. I had to have surgery to repair my class 3 tear.

Comment from: Pattyb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I was about to trip on a raised cement area of city sidewalk and in an effort to prevent fall, landed awkwardly on the ball of my foot. I felt a painful pop, pain and felt like I couldn't stand. I went to an Urgent Care and am having an MRI tomorrow to check for hamstring injury. I was able to walk without crutches today, and have some sciatica pain.

Comment from: tad, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I am not an athlete, just a regular every day mum governing my school. Last Saturday I felt a slight activity in my hamstring, did not even take it so serious. With very little knowledge of the injury I have been bedridden for the past seven days, unable to walk and not being able to go to the bathroom.

Comment from: aed461, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

I was stretching and felt popping in the back of my thigh, along with pain.

View 7 Most Effective Exercises Slideshow Pictures