There are many different types of hair removal: shaving, plucking, waxing, depilation, laser hair removal, oral medications, and electrolysis. Laser hair removal is one of the longest-lasting methods of hair removal. Unfortunately, no hair-removal technique is permanent when it comes to getting rid of unwanted hair. Read more: Hair Removal Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
Are you doing right by your skin? Take the Skin and Makeup Quiz to learn how to make the most of your beauty regimen....
DIY Beauty Fixes for Teen Girls' Hair and Skin in Pictures
Learn about DIY skin and hair care for teen girls. Don't let a pimple, bad hair day, or cold sore get in the way of your good...
Related Disease Conditions
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...
There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata,...
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of...
Burns (First Aid)
Burn types are based on their severity: first-degree burns, second-degree burns, and third-degree burns. First-degree burns are...
Ingrown hairs may be caused by improper shaving, waxing, or blockage of the hair follicle. Symptoms and signs of ingrown hairs...
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), also known by the name Stein-Leventhal syndrome, is a hormonal problem that causes women to...
Scar formation is a natural part of the healing process after injury. The depth and size of the wound incision and the location...
Local ResourcesFind a local Dermatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Guideline Urges Hormone Test for Women With Unwanted Hair
- Ouch! Americans Injuring Themselves Grooming Pubic Hair
- With Nips, Tucks and Fat Transplants, Americans are Reshaping Their Bodies
- Hair Removal for a Beach-Ready Body? Do It Safely
- More Americans Opting for Butt Implants, Lifts
- Rear End Takes a Front Seat in Plastic Surgery Offices
- Lawsuits Involving Laser Treatments by Non-Docs on the Rise
- Craze for Hairless Genitals Accompanies Rise in Infections
- As Economy Rebounds, More Folks Try Turning Back Hands of Time
- 'Chinplants' Fastest Growing Plastic Surgery Trend
- Expert FAQ: Dealing With Excess Body Hair
- The Most Common Cosmetic Surgery in 2011 Was ...
- Study Evaluates Laser Therapies for Hair Removal