Patient Comments: Hair Loss - Treatments

What hair loss treatments have worked well for you? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sugarbearhair, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 16

I tried many hairs fall solutions and finally, I found a really effective hair fall treatment SugarBearHair. I used this around 3 months and got my hair totally recovered. Drinking a lot of water, eating fruits and vegetables and using natural aloe Vera gel also can help to stop hair fall. Hope this will help you guys to get a natural healthy hair.

Comment from: Emily, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I regrew my hair and you can too. I've been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer, it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So I decided to do something about it. My friend suggested biotin when we were talking about my hair loss. I've tried like 4 different brands until I found that the best one for me. Now I am 26 and I've been taking biotin every day for years. My hair and nails grow so much quicker. Also my energy levels are high.

Comment from: Sumo, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 07

I have to recommend the Regenepure line for hair loss. They have the Regenepure DR which I have been using for I don't know how long, stuff really worked for me. It is my go to. But the cool thing is they have an awesome biotin conditioner, minoxidil with a spray, I looked into that stuff and you waste so much without the sprayer, oh and the supplements to help from the inside out.

Comment from: Simon, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 23

I have been using Regenepure DR shampoo for hair loss, and my hair is fuller and thicker than ever before.

Comment from: trungminhhanvu2811, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 15

I am only just now seeing the results of using the Somaluxe shampoo (after about 1 month). I noticed that my hair isn't falling out like before.

Comment from: Abner, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

I have been using Kesha Vardhani hair oil for hair loss for almost a month. My wife said hair becomes thicker and it really seems to be working (regrowth of new hair. A little on the expensive side but quality seems to be better compared to other brands.

Comment from: sebestian, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I suffered a lot because of hair falling problem and I came to know about 'Kesha Vardhini' hair oil from my next door friend. He is an 18 year old male and I am a 23 year old female. He had male pattern baldness on both sides of his head, and it has got cured for some considerable level and stopped hair falling completely within 2 weeks and now it is 5 months. I have been using this for more than 4 months now and thinking of stopping using it as I have recovered my hair. I hope this will help people who are suffering from male pattern baldness and hair falling from vitamin or hormone problems.

Comment from: BarrisT, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 22

I personally think there are some hair loss cures that might work for some but won't work for others. For me I'm using Quantum X Prime from Quantum Xmetics and my hair is returning now after 6 months of use. So far so good. I'm expecting another 6 months or so before I get my hair back but that isn't too bad for my age. If Prime didn't work I would try Rogaine. Wish you the best in your health.

Comment from: Taylor, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I was having trouble with losing hair while using shampoo and conditioner, and dry skin. I noticed that I definitely have reduced hair loss when showering and hair brushing (which was always somewhat concerning to me). I've been trying to grow my hair out for months and Hairburst products have helped a lot. I found this supplement, read the reviews and purchased it. I was so happy I have found this product! I have definitely been more confident about the strength of both my nails and hair. My skin has been really healthy as well. Many times you can be tricked and waste your money. However, I am extremely impressed and happy with this product!

Comment from: SuziQ, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I'm three weeks out from L2 L3 laminectomy. The pain was gone immediately. I was walking with the use of a walker going into surgery. I am now using crutches. My left leg is still numb and so are the toes on both feet. My feet are cold constantly and the veins in my feet are more prominent. I was really hoping to be able to walk on my own by now. I have post-operation checkup tomorrow and then I am heading to physical therapy. It's been very difficult to stay positive but I'm trying. After reading the many posts here I feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

Comment from: rogue324, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

Comment from: MaryKay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I have used (Kirkland) minoxidil topical cream in the past for hair loss, with not that great of results after about 18 months' worth of use. I am a middle aged female that has recently had a face-lift which pulled my hairline back and on top of that my hair is thinning. I have been using a 5 percent minoxidil sulfate topical solution for 6 weeks and have seen very dramatic results. There is even a link there to a clinical study that claims that the sulfated version works exponentially stronger than regular, minoxidil, 14 times is what is stated in the study. If other minoxidil products have not worked, give minoxidil sulfate a try.

Comment from: Seedra, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I tried many hair fall solutions and finally I found a really effective hair fall treatment SL Handy Hair. I used this around 3 months and got my hair totally recovered. Drinking a lot water, eating fruits and vegetables and using natural aloe vera gel also can help to stop hair falling. Hope this will help you guys to get a natural healthy hair.

Comment from: Sam, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I used Medcare2go hair loss supplement that worked well for me. I also tried Avodart as well for a few months. Actually it depends on your personal condition and there cannot be just one solution for hair loss treatment.

Comment from: Harry, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I'm 80 years old. I fell from my bicycle 8 weeks ago and all of a sudden I am losing hair rapidly. I haven't needed a haircut for weeks (normal every 3 weeks) and I've noticed my beard is growing much more slowly also.

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had a fall a little over a week ago, basically flat on my face. The left side of my face ballooned up immediately. After being checked for fractures (fortunately none) the black eye and bruising has been traveling down my face and neck. I have a hematoma at the top of my cheek, just under the eye. Because my job involves talking all day, it is rather painful, but I am told it will reabsorb eventually. Basically, I have to grin and bear it as it goes away (but not too much because grinning hurts too!)

Comment from: mathew, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I used Casia herbal hair treatment powder for my hair loss, its works well without side effects, because it's fully natural and herbal. I am a regular customer for Casia Herbals.

Comment from: aliza, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

Healthy diet and nutritious food can help you for the thick and bulky hair.

Comment from: Jane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some extensions. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my natural hair. I just don't know what to do. My hair has also never been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out.

Comment from: Marja, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I use argan oil for hair loss. It's the best thing so far and it's really made my hair grow out stronger so it doesn't fall out as much. I was using the Moroccan Oil brand, but I found it to be a bit greasy, so I'm now using Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil. It's about the same price, anyway.

Comment from: Irene, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I used Hair Demand Spray with Capyxil. It worked in two weeks, I had great results. The hair is strong and stopped fallout and head skin is treated gently. I can see new hair growing. Works for me...

Comment from: NixoinAdvocate, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have used Nixoin, a thick, tinted oil. I apply it from an eye dropper onto the sparsely covered head/scalp where my hair had disappeared. It seems to stimulate growth in the areas where my hair was sparse and my scalp could be seen.

Comment from: melissa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I found that Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment shampoo helped immensely with hair loss. The argan oil stimulates growth and makes the strands more resilient. One extra plus is increased shine.

Comment from: wigger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I may not have given the lotions enough time, but based on family history, I gave up and wear a wig. I am a female. My mother and aunts all have very, very thin hair and do or have worn wigs.

Comment from: David48, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 07

I used Nisim NewHair Biofactors Shampoo to stop my hair loss. It works for me - I haven't tried their regrowth extract though.

Comment from: Kay, Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I have had Alopecia for over 17 years and I found that Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil works well to stimulate my scalp and to the soothe scalp tenderness that often occurs with Alopecia.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter