Patient Comments: Gonorrhea In Women - Symptoms

Did you have symptoms before being diagnosed with gonorrhea? If so, what were they, and did you see a doctor? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Sara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I started feeling tired, had loss of appetite, shivers, then burning hot fever of 102 degrees for 3 days. I started wheezing when inhaling; this startled me as I have never had anything like this before. I drove to the doctor feeling like I was dying, she came into the room and said I look very sick. I told her my symptoms, she listened to my lungs with stethoscope, and said I have bacterial pneumonia. No wonder I was sick I said, and she gave me antibiotics which really helped me, and an inhaler. I started feeling better, but now I have shortness of breath and feel very tired all the time; not much appetite yet.

Comment from: Percy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been experiencing itching on my vagina, abdomen pains and now there is whitish discharge, l wonder if I have a reason to worry that l might have gonorrhea. l haven"t visited a doctor.

Comment from: Hilda, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 22

I am experiencing abdominal pain, backache, cramps, itching of the vagina, whitish discharge, tiredness and lack of appetite.

Comment from: Cheri, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I have been experiencing itching and a light burning sensation in my pelvic region, and now a white discharge that smells like the Vaseline I had used to calm the soreness. Do I have any reason to worry it might be gonorrhea? My spouse did find out he had it after we had unprotected sex.

View Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) Slideshow Pictures