- What is glucose, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for glucose?
- Do I need a prescription for glucose?
- What are the side effects of glucose?
- What is the dosage for glucose?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with glucose?
- Is glucose safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about glucose?
What is glucose, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
Glucose also known as dextrose is a simple sugar (monosaccharide) that is used to increase the level of blood sugar (glucose) when the level falls too low (hypoglycemia). Glucose in this form increases the level of the blood sugar, so it is a glucose-elevating agent. Other glucose-elevating agents are diazoxide (Proglycem) and glucagon.
Glucose is the primary fuel used by most cells in the body to generate the energy that is needed to carry out cellular functions. When glucose levels fall to hypoglycemic levels, cells cannot function normally, and symptoms develop such as nervousness, cool skin, headache, confusion, convulsions, or coma. Ingested glucose is absorbed directly into the blood from the intestine and results in a rapid increase in the blood glucose level.
What brand names are available for glucose?
Insta-Glucose, Dex4, Glutose, Insulin Reaction, BD Glucose and many others
What are the side effects of glucose?
Nausea may occur after ingesting glucose, but this also may be an effect of the hypoglycemia which is present just prior to ingestion. Other adverse effects include:
- increased blood glucose,
- injection site leakage of fluid (extravasation),
- injection site inflammation, and
- bleeding in the brain.
What is the dosage for glucose?
The usual dose of glucose for hypoglycemia is 10-20 gm orally or by intravenous infusion. . The oral dose may be repeated in 10 minutes if hypoglycemic symptoms do not resolve. Oral glucose must be swallowed to be effective.
Which drugs or supplements interact with glucose?
: Glucose increases blood glucose levels and reduces the effect of diabetes medications.
Is glucose safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Glucose may be used to manage hypoglycemia in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about glucose?
What preparations of glucose are available?
- Chewable Tablet: 1 gm, 4 gm, 5 gm; Tablet: 4 gm,;
- Oral Gel/Jelly: 15 gm;
- Intravenous solution/Injection: 2.5 %, 5 %, 10 %, 20 %, 25 %, 30 %, 40 %, 50 %, 70 %
How should I keep glucose stored?
Glucose should be stored at room temperature, 15 C - 30 C (59 F - 86 F) in a tight container.
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication
Learn about type 2 diabetes warning signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options. Read how diet and exercise can help manage...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Type 1 Diabetes: What Are The Symptoms?
What is type 1 diabetes? Is there a cure for type 1 diabetes? Learn about type 1 diabetes symptoms, warning signs, causes, and...
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Read about diabetic peripheral neuropathy and exercises to manage nerve pain. Learn how to cope with the symptoms of diabetic...
Blood Sugar Swings: Tips for Managing Diabetes & Glucose Levels
Learn to better control your glucose levels by preventing blood sugar swings. Beware of caffeine, sugary foods, spices, exercise,...
Pictures of Famous People With Diabetes
See pictures of celebrities that have been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes including Mary Tyler Moore, Salma Hayek, and...
Diabetes Management Tips and Preventing Complications
Learn 10 simple ways to better manage your diabetes. See tips for controlling blood sugar, diet and exercise and other helpful...
Pictures of 10 Muscle-Building Exercises for Diabetes
Watch this slideshow on Diabetes and Exercise. If you have diabetes, see how strengthening your muscles with these 10 weight...
Related Disease Conditions
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Dry skin (xeroderma) may be caused by external factors, like cold temperatures, low humidity, harsh soaps, and certain...
Encephalopathy means brain disease, damage, or malfunction. Causes of encephalopathy are varied and numerous. The main symptom of...
Diabetes Treatment (Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet)
The major goal in treating diabetes is controlling elevated blood sugar without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar....
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times
Taking care of a disease such as diabetes is a life-long process. Learn how to care for yourself or loved one with diabetes in...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Diabetes FAQs
- How To Reduce Your Medication Costs
- Pharmacy Visit, How To Get The Most Out of Your Visit
- Indications for Drugs: Approved vs. Non-approved
- Drugs: Buying Prescription Drugs Online Safely
- Drugs: The Most Common Medication Errors
- Medication Disposal
- Dangers of Mixing Medications
- Generic Drugs, Are They as Good as Brand-Names?
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Glucose Monitoring System Eliminates Need for Finger Pricks
- Health Tip: Exercise Boosts Brain Metabolism
- Drug Beats Steroids for Controlling Blood Vessel Inflammation in Study
- Exercising Safely With Diabetes
- Health Tip: What's My Target Blood Glucose?
- When Is It Safe to Drive With Type 1 Diabetes?
- FDA Approves 1st Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Risk Tests
- The Brain Can Produce Its Own Sugar: Report
- Dealing With Diabetes Distress
- Sickle Cell Trait in Blacks Can Skew Diabetes Test Results
- Many Hospital Workers Are an Unhealthy Lot: Study
- Dueling Quarterback Diets: Matt Ryan vs. Tom Brady
- Bilingual People May Have an Edge Against Alzheimer's
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- Mary Tyler Moore: Diabetes Patient and Advocate
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- High-Tech Blood Sugar Monitors May Help People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Most of Canada's Packaged Foods, Drinks Have Added Sugars
- Could Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Blood Pressure Predict Baby's Gender?
- FDA OKs High-Tech Diabetes Device to Help Replace Fingerstick Tests
- Standing or 'Easy' Walks May Help Type 2 Diabetics Control Blood Sugar
- Tracking Blood Sugar in Pregnancy Might Lower Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Health Tip: Creating an Insulin Routine
- Daily Can of Soda Boosts Odds for Prediabetes, Study Finds
- New Guidelines Urge Diabetics to Move More
- Coffee's Impact a Matter of Genes?
- Are Vegetarian Diets Heart-Healthier?
- Health Tip: Exercise Safely With Diabetes
- Women's Memory Advantage Might Skew Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Is Web-Based Test for Prediabetes Faulty?
- Children With Diabetes Can Have Bright Future
- 'Artificial Pancreas' Approved for Type 1 Diabetes
- Is Summer Peak Time for Diabetes Tied to Pregnancy?
- Bodybuilders' Steroid Abuse Linked to Pre-Diabetic Condition
- Pilots on Insulin Therapy Can Safely Fly Commercial Planes: Study
- 'Glycemic Index' May Be Too Unreliable to Manage Diabetes: Study
- Older Drug May Help Type 1 Diabetics' Heart Health
- Deep Brain Stimulation Tested for Early Alzheimer's
- Brisk Walking May Help Ward Off Diabetes
- Healthy Fats Can Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Sufficient Sleep May Help Protect Men Against Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: When Your Blood Glucose Rises
- 'Hacking' a Diabetes Cure?
- Certain Steroids Raise Risk for Serious Staph Infections
- More Evidence That Smog a Heart Threat
- Child's Obesity Tied to Mom's Pregnancy Weight: Study
- Could Infant Colds, Other Infections Raise Type 1 Diabetes Risk?
- Take Precautions to Prevent Child Poisonings
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- Evening Snacking Might Raise Odds for Breast Cancer's Return
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Epilepsy Risk, Study Suggests
- Kids' Fruit Drinks, Juices Contain Day's Worth of Sugar
- Hormone Exposure in Womb May Boost Later Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- A Wearable Patch Might Help Manage Diabetes Painlessly
- Mom's Weight, Blood Sugar Levels May Affect Newborn's Size
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Women's Heart Attacks Are Different Than Men's, Experts Stress
- Catch-Up Sleep May Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Risk Tied to Sleep Loss: Study
- Scientists Identify Sugar-Busting Enzyme in Rats
- High Blood Sugar May Increase Heart Attack Complications: Study
- Artificial Pancreas to Get Long-Term 'Real-Life' Trial
- Diabetic Kidney Damage May Start Earlier Than Thought
- Type 2 Diabetes May Raise Dementia Risk, Especially in Women: Study
- Infant Weight Gain Linked to Possible Type 1 Diabetes Risk
- Could Energy Drink 'Shots' Raise Teens' Diabetes Risk?
- New Diabetes Cases Among Americans Drop for First Time in Decades: CDC
- Metformin May Not Help Obese Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- One Person's ‘Healthy' May Be Another's Junk Food
- Type 1 Diabetes: An Unrelenting Disease
- Despite Advances, Type 2 Diabetics Still Face Elevated Death Risk: Study
- Cutting Sugar From Diet Boosts Kids' Health Immediately: Study
- U.S. Task Force Urges Broader Screening for Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: How Foods Impact Glycemic Index
- Infant Heart Defect May Be Linked to Pre-Diabetic Sugar Levels in Pregnancy
- Sweetened Drinks May Damage Heart, Review Finds
- Taking Blood Pressure Drugs at Night May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Artificial Pancreas Works Well in Home Trial
- Very High-Calorie Diets Show How Overeating May Lead to Diabetes
- Short, Intense Workouts May Help Hearts of Type 2 Diabetics
- Diabetes a Concern for Half of Americans
- Brief Drop in Blood Sugar at Birth Tied to Poorer School Performance
- Insulin Pumps Nearly Halve Risk of Heart Disease Death for Type 1 Diabetics
- Just 1 in 3 Seniors With Diabetes Has Disease Under Control
- High Blood Sugar May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- High Soda Intake May Boost Diabetes Risk, Even Without Obesity
- Health Tip: Controlling Diabetes During Hot Weather
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- Could Diabetes Run in Your Relationship?
- FDA Issues Warning for Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- It May Soon Be Possible to Easily 'Brew' Narcotics
- Your Plate May Hold the Key to Alzheimer's
- Better Diabetes Blood Sugar Management Leads to Fewer Eye Surgeries
- Health Tip: Diabetics Who Compete
- Could the Future Be Finger-Stick Free for Diabetics?
- Mom's Age at Childbirth Tied to Son's Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Nuts, Fat, Added Sugars: New Research
- Low Levels of Vitamin D Linked to Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Minority Kids Less Likely to Get Latest Type 1 Diabetes Treatments, Study Finds
- 1 in 5 Younger Diabetics Lacks Good Medical Care, Study Says
- An Optimistic Outlook May Be Good for Your Heart
- Are Seniors With Diabetes Overtreated?
- Cooler Temps May Boost Calorie-Burning 'Brown Fat,' Mouse Study Suggests
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Lower Life Expectancy in Study
- High Blood Sugar in Heart Failure Patients May Point to Risk of Early Death
- Diabetes May Affect Kids' Brain Growth, Study Reports
- Does High-Fructose Corn Syrup Make People Hungrier?
- Technology Helps Manage Diabetes: FDA
- Better Diet, Exercise Can Prevent Diabetes in Both Sexes, Study Finds
- Holiday Overindulgence Risky for People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes Lowered Survival in Study
- Mom's Weight Might Influence Baby's Earliest Development
- Gestational Diabetes May Influence Daughter's Weight Later
- Health Tip: Breast-feeding With Diabetes
- Heart Bypass Patients May Not Need Tight Blood Sugar Control: Study
- Bro Alert: Too Much Booze May Harm Your Sperm
- Study Compares Insulin Regimens for Type 1 Diabetes
- Genes May Make Some More Prone to Heart Disease When Under Stress
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Affect Thyroid in Some Patients
- Artificial Sweeteners May Raise Blood Sugar Levels: Study
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Blood Sugar?
- When It Comes to a Growing Child, the Brain Comes First
- New Test Helps Diagnose Type 1 Diabetes
- Healthy 'Brown Fat' May Cut Odds for Obesity, Diabetes
- Study Links Shift Work to Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Protein Temporarily Reversed Type 2 Diabetes in Mice
- Saliva Test Might Someday Replace Needle Prick for Diabetics
- Aerobic/Strength Training Combo May Be Best Workout for Diabetics
- Insulin Pumps May Outperform Daily Injections for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Cooler Indoor Temps May Help 'Good Fat' Grow
- Experts Revise Optimum Blood Sugar Level for Kids With Type 1 Diabetes
- 'Bionic Pancreas' Improves Blood Sugar Control for People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Blacks May Respond Better Than Whites to Diabetes Drug Metformin
- Consistent Protein Intake Key to Muscle Strength, Study Says
- Mouse Study Raises Possibility of New Treatment for Diabetes
- Intensive Insulin Therapy Might Aid Diabetics After Heart Attack
- Diabetics Fare Well After Kidney Transplants, Study Finds
- For Many Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Low Blood Sugar May Affect Heartbeat in People With Diabetes
- For Many Older Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Feed a Spouse, Starve an Argument?
- Does Sugar Make Your Heart Sweeter?
- Obesity-Related Enzyme Targeted in Mouse Study
- How You Digest Carbs May Influence Weight Gain, Study Says
- Insomnia May Raise Stroke Risk, Especially for Younger Adults
- Diabetes Treatment Falls Short as Heart Failure Drug in Study
- Cholesterol Levels Spike During Winter Months, Study Finds
- Shivering, Like Exercise, May Help Boost Weight Loss
- Blood Sugar Monitoring System Approved for Children
- Smartphone Apps for Diabetes: Do They Really Work?
- Chocolate, Tea, Berries May Cut Diabetes Risk: Study
- Implanted Devices Might Someday Run on Energy From Nearby Organs
- Farxiga Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Glucose Meter
- Diabetes Drugs Affect Hearts of Men, Women Differently
- Testing for Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes Should Be Routine, Experts Say
- Needle-Free 'Breathalyzer' for Daily Diabetes Testing Shows Promise
- Could Low 'Brown Fat' Levels Be Tied to Higher Diabetes Risk?
- New Drug May Someday Battle Obesity and Diabetes
- Scientists Report Transplant Advance for Type 1 Diabetes
- Removable 'Gut Sleeve' Might Become a Future Weight-Loss Tool
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels May Aid Memory, Study Suggests
- Cinnamon May Help Ease Common Cause of Infertility, Study Says
- People With Type 1 Diabetes May Still Have Insulin-Producing Cells
- Big Breakfast May Be Best for Diabetes Patients
- Gel May Offer Simple Treatment for Newborns With Low Blood Sugar
- Common Diabetes Drugs May Carry Risk, Study Suggests
- Study May Help Explain Delay of Heart Disease in Women
- Psoriasis Drug May Help Treat Type 1 Diabetes: Report
- Blood 'Marker' May Predict Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Weight-Loss Surgery Can Improve Long-Term Diabetes Control, Study Says
- Cancer Drug May Be Helpful for Diabetes, Mouse Study Hints
- Nearly 60 Percent of Uterine Cancer Cases Preventable: Report
- In Type 2 Diabetes, Gut May 'Taste' Sugar Differently
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Triple Kids' Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
- Insulin Pumps Better Than Injections for Kids With Type 1 Diabetes: Study
- Plastics Chemicals May Boost Kids' Risk for Obesity, Diabetes
- High Blood Sugar Levels Tied to Small Increases in Dementia Risk
- Could Dietary Tweaks Ease Type 1 Diabetes?
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Affect Alzheimer's Disease Progression
- Early Diabetes Signs Often Missed in Alzheimer's Patients
- Diabetes Drug May Protect the Brain
- Exercise Up in U.S., But So Is Obesity: Report
- Breast Milk Supply May Be Linked to Insulin Production: Study
- Pain Reliever Lowers Blood Sugar in Type 2 Diabetics, Study Says
- Vaccine May Stop Immune Attack in Type 1 Diabetes, Study Suggests
- Sex Change Hormonal Therapy Deemed Safe
- A Deadly Form of Diabetes That Doctors Sometimes Miss
- Skipping Breakfast May Raise Diabetes Risk
- Short Strolls After Meals May Lower Diabetes Risk
- FDA Mulls Lifting Tight Safety Limits on Diabetes Drug Avandia
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Moderately Obese, Too
- Statins May Hamper Workout Results
- Fish Oil Pills Might Cut Diabetes Risk, Researchers Say
- Depression May Raise Low Blood Sugar Risk in Diabetics
- Metformin Won't Aid Breast Cancer Survival in Diabetics
- New Diabetes Drug Expected This Week
- Could Coffee Bean Extract Help Control Blood Sugar?
- Study Suggests Link Between Hormone Melatonin and Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Approves 1st in New Class of Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Health Tip: Prevent Low Blood Sugar
- Drug May Ease Angina in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Mini-Organ Would Mimic Pancreas to Treat Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Raise Risks After Knee Replacement
- Artificial Pancreas Worked Overnight on Kids With Type 1 Diabetes
- Newest Diabetes Drugs Linked to Higher Pancreatitis Risk
- 1 in 8 Americans Diagnosed With Type 2 Diabetes: Poll
- Obese Black Women at Higher Risk for Having Very Large Babies
- Lucky Dogs Get Shot at Diabetes Cure
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Fructose May Affect Hunger Cues
- New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills
- Saving Carbs for Dinnertime Might Help Control Weight
- Study Links High-Fructose Corn Syrup to Diabetes
- Airport Security X-Rays May Damage Diabetes Devices
- Diabetes Prevention: Start Small, Experts Say
- World Diabetes Day Designed to Raise Awareness
- Popular Diabetes Meds Put to the Test
- Health Tip: Monitor Your Blood Glucose
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Health Tip: Learn About the A1C Test
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- Fungal Meningitis Q&A
- Interval Training Burns More Calories in Less Time
- Diabetes Patients Should Have More Voice in Treatment: Experts
- Diets High in Fructose May Harm Liver in Some, Scientists Warn
- Scientists ID Gene for Insulin Sensitivity
- Hispanics May Face Higher Risk for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Won't Help Babies After Heart Surgery
- Low-Cal Diets Kept Monkeys Healthier, But Didn't Lengthen Lives
- Health Tip: On the Go With Diabetes
- Confusion Over Diabetes Types Adds to Patients' Woes
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- FDA OKs Generic Actos for Type 2 Diabetes
- Scientists ID New Gene Regions Linked to Type 2 Diabetes
- Statin Diabetes Risk Limited to Those at High Risk
- Hormone May Boost Aging, Failing Brains
- Modest Weight Loss Can Reap Prolonged Health Benefits
- Curry Compound May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Health Tip: Is My Blood Glucose Too Low?
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Low Blood Sugar
- New Devices Improve Diabetes Control
- Sugar Substitutes Can Lead to Weight Loss
- Another Study Links Diabetes Drug Actos to Bladder Cancer
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- Hot Flashes Don't Signal Poor Heart Health for Most Women: Study
- Teens' Peer Problems May Affect Health Later
- Pictures of Fatty, Sugary Foods May Spur Cravings
- Weight Loss May Increase Testosterone Levels
- Newer 'Second-Line' Diabetes Drug May Outperform Older Meds
- As Heat Builds, Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Eye Diseases Rising at Rapid Rates in U.S.
- Sleep Apnea May Spur Carb Cravings in Diabetics
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Cut Breast Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Treating Prediabetes Might Prevent Full-Blown Disease
- Many People With Type 1 Diabetes Missing Treatment Goals: Study
- More Progress Made on Artificial Pancreas for Diabetes Patients
- Prediabetes Linked to Higher Stroke Risk in Study
- High Blood Sugar May Make Pneumonia Deadlier
- Overweight Moms More Apt to Have Large Babies, Study Says
- Death Rate Dropping for People With Diabetes
- It's Not Just What You Eat, It's When You Eat, Mouse Study Finds
- Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Your Emotions
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Mouse Study Hints at New Path for Diabetes Treatment
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- Mom's Health While Pregnant Linked to Autism Risk
- Improved Stem Cell Line May Avoid Tumor Risk: Study
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Growing
- Cardiac Cocktail Delivered by Paramedics May Save Lives
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Fatty Meals Could Trigger Inflammation for Diabetics
- New Type 2 Diabetes Drug Helps Lower Blood Sugar: Study
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- New Clues to Link Between Fatty Diet, Colon Cancer
- Type of Bacteria May Be Linked to Diabetes
- Insulin Resistance May Lead to Kidney Disease in the Elderly: Study
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Cushing's Disease
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Take Care of Your Feet
- Prediabetes Not to Blame for Nerve Damage: Study
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Gene Might Boost Risk for Obesity
- Switching to Water, Diet Drinks Linked to Modest Weight Loss
- Study: Even Some Vigorous Activity Boosts Kids' Heart Health
- Short Breaks During Exercise OK for Diabetes Control: Study
- New Scoring Method May Help Predict Stroke Outcome
- Pancreas May 'Taste' Fructose, Hinting at Links to Diabetes
- Being Fit Before Stroke May Aid Recovery
- Type 1 Diabetes Treatment Disappoints in Trial
- Too Much Fructose Sweetener Tied to Heart Risks in Teens
- Many Docs Use Costly MRIs to Diagnose Nerve Condition: Study
- Lifestyle Counseling Helps Diabetes Patients Control Blood Sugar
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Diabetes
- Insulin-Linked Hormone May Also Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Mom's Poverty, Diabetes Might Raise ADHD Risk in Kids
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Recommended for Adults With Diabetes
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Pack Smart for Holiday Travel
- Brief, Intense Exercise Lowers Blood Sugar, Small Study Finds
- New FDA Guidelines for Testing Artificial Pancreas
- Women's High Blood Sugar Linked to Colorectal Cancer: Study
- Vision Problems Decreasing in People With Diabetes
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Recognizing Symptoms of Hyperglycemia
- Panel Recommends Hepatitis B Vaccine for Diabetes Patients
- New Type 1 Diabetes Genes Found
- Brains of Obese May Crave High-Calorie Foods More: Study
- Low-Carb Diets May Improve Acne
- Mom Has Alzheimer's? Your Risk May Be High
- Survey: Hospital Drug Shortages Hurt Patient Care
- Nuts Good for Some With Diabetes
- Exercise After Meals Helps Control Blood Sugar
- New Drug May Help Treat Diabetes
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Victoza Helps Type 1, Too
- More Stroke Patients Get Clot-Busting Drug But Barriers Remain
- Diabetes Costs Are High for Young People
- Brisk Walk Can Boost Blood Flow to the Brain: Report
- Periodic Fasting May Cut Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Why Some May Avoid Type 1 Diabetes Complications
- What's the Best Test for Children's Diabetes?
- Breastfeeding by Diabetic Moms Cuts Babies' Obesity Risk
- Fatty Liver May Be Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Wireless Sensor Monitors Heart Failure Patients
- Many in U.S. Get Unneeded Heart Screening Tests
- Artificial Pancreas Could Help Pregnant Diabetic Women
- Type 2 Diabetes May Have Link to Alzheimer's
- Study: High-Fructose Diets May Raise Blood Pressure
- How Red Wine Helps the Heart
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Poor Diabetes Control
- Infection Control Lacking at Surgical Centers
- Sugar Water Eases Vaccine Pain for Babies
- Concerns Raised About Drugstore Genetic Test
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Prehypertension, Prediabetes Predict Heart Risk
- Exercise During Pregnancy for Smaller Baby
- A1c Test Identifies Diabetes, Heart Risk
- Obese Children Twice as Likely to Die Young?
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
FDA Prescribing Information