German measles is a disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include rash and fever for two to three days. The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine prevents this disease. Read more: German Measles (Rubella) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Rubella 1
The constellation of abnormalities caused by infection with the rubella (German measles) virus before birth. See a picture of...
Picture of Rubella 2
Petechiae on the hard palate of the same individual (Forchheimer's sign). See a picture of Rubella and learn more about the...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Related Disease Conditions
A cataract is an eye disease that causes the eye's lens to become cloudy and opaque with decreased vision. Causes of cataracts...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Miscarriage is the medical term for the spontaneous loss of pregnancy from conception to 20 weeks gestation. Risk factors for a...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Microcephaly is a genetic condition where the circumference of the head is smaller than normal due to underdeveloped brain....
Cough (Chronic Cough)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such...
Mumps is an acute viral illness caused by the mumps virus. Symptoms of mumps include fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness,...
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Birth defects have many causes and currently, are the leading cause of death for infants in the first year of life. Some of the...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count)
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) refers to a decreased number of platelets in the blood. Symptoms of thrombocytopenia...
Are Skin Rashes Contagious?
Direct and indirect contact can spread some types of rashes from person to person. Rash treatment depends upon a rash's...
Labyrinthitis (Inner Ear Inflammation) Symptoms, Causes, Contagious, Treatment Cure
Labyrinthitis is inflammation of the labyrinth (the part of the ear responsible for balance and hearing). Doctors do not know...
German Measles (Rubella) - Signs and Symptoms
What were the signs and symptoms associated with German measles (rubella) in you or a relative?Post View 2 Comments
German Measles (Rubella) - Vaccine Experience
Did you postpone getting the rubella vaccine for your child? If so, please share your experience and reasons.Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Second Alert About Measles Patient At O'Hare Airport
- Alert Issued Over Measles Patient at O'Hare Airport
- Measles Making a Comeback in the United States
- Zika Causes Widespread Damage to Fetal Brain
- Another Study Finds No Vaccine-Autism Link
- U.S. Measles Cases Now Exceed 100: CDC
- 78 People Now Infected in U.S. Measles Outbreak
- California Measles Outbreak Shows How Quickly Disease Can Resurface in U.S.
- Measles at Disneyland: What You Should Know
- Health Tip: Have Your Child's Eyes Checked
- Blacks Respond Better to German Measles Vaccine, Study Contends
- On-time Use of Routine Vaccine Keeps Kids Out of Hospital
- Common Childhood Vaccine Won't Worsen Juvenile Arthritis: Study
- Rubella in Pregnancy Rare in U.S., But Can Be Devastating for Baby
- Did Schooling Method Spread Mumps in Orthodox Jewish Communities?
- Are Kindergarten Kids Getting Their Vaccines?
- Survey: Younger Doctors More Skeptical of Vaccines
- Unvaccinated Kids Behind Largest U.S. Measles Outbreak in Years: Study
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter