Patient Comments: Genital Warts (HPV) - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatment, including laser surgery or prescription ointments, have you used for genital warts? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ER RN , 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 19

I am a registered nurse in the emergency room and I too suffered from genital warts. At first I thought maybe it was just a skin tag but then soon after I started developing more. I was so embarrassed at first and being a healthcare professional it was hard for me to seek professional help. I first tried over the counter creams and nothing seemed to work. After about 2 years I decided to have them surgically removed but after about 6 months they came back. I used some natural creams and they have worked for me but remember there is no cure for the HVP virus.

Comment from: shellac, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I had the genital warts surgically removed but they grew back, after much pain and agony after the healing was happening but all grew back. Next they will be burnt off, no more operations, too much pain to no avail.

Comment from: StdCHAMP, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 11

I would like to say that I have had genital herpes all my life and you can cut them off.

Comment from: rudzani, Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I had my genital warts surgically removed. I'd like to know if there is something I can drink to improve my immune system and would also like to give it to my child, who is 2 years old.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter